Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2013, 01:05 PM   #31
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Stats: 245/Less/Even Less :)
WOE: LC
Start Date: Everyday!
Hey, yes ladies I am still here. I am a stay at home mom and my next door neighbor has been in desperate need of a kid sitter so I have been filling in all week due to the fact that her sister can't watch her kids all week. I am not used to being soo needed . I also clean my church on Fridays so I ususally just post on Mondays and Thursdays if I can get it in. I spent most of the day making a cute sock monkey with the little girl I watch and it was fun. I can be crafty when I want to. Maintenance at the moment includes adding some fatty foods in slowly into my diet and no added starches or sugar until after 3 weeks. I already know how I react to most staches and sugar so no need to add back the bad stuff into my diet. Hubby and I have been walking all week about a mile and half in the morning and I have added in another 2 miles at night on my treadmill. I am trying to keep my weight between 181.6 and 185.6 to somehow stabilize this number for my body. My troubles all begin when I eat things I shouldn't and know what reaction I will get on the scale. So anyway sorry if you think I left I have just been a little busy. I will go back and read some posts and catch up on what I have missed. Have a nice evening everyone.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2013, 01:32 PM   #32
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Jeanne , I email my pic from my phone to my computer email. Then I upload the pics into photobucket and then copy/paste the link in here. I can certainly walk you through it if I need too!!!!!! My Dad got an Iphone about a year ago, I have walked him through it all too. I am very happy to do it! You are a faster learner!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:33 PM   #33

Maggie, you have a good evening too. YOu say you are in the midwest? What part of the country?
Old 04-04-2013, 01:51 PM   #34
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I am in good ole' Michigan!
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 05:54 AM   #35

Michigan - we have a branch office up there. Our dispatcher is located in Ravenna. Small town and he lives out in the STICKS! It is beautiful country up there!

Good morning all!!!!!!!!!! It's FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yesterday was a good UD for me. So far, this DD is going well....but it isn't even 8:00 a.m. yet! Dh last night mentioned going out to dinner today for our anniversary. I said, REALLY on a DD?? I told him, we can go, but I won't eat much....he said better to wait! I agree.

Plans for the weekend girls?

Last night I joined a book club. We chose Bossy Pants as our first book. WE actually were deciding between 5 suggestions, finally wrote them down and pulled name out of the bowl. I look on Barnes Noble last night and it was $7.99 for Nook, today when I went to buy it, it was $3.99! LOVE THAT!!!!!!!

Tonight we are hanging at the house. I am thinking of watching a movie. (although I need to finish the current book I am reading so I can start Bossy Pants). I think we have Trouble with the Curve and Taken 2 at home. I will see what Dh wants to watch.

Tomorrow I am taking a bunch of kids to see Jurassic Park in 3D. I loved that movie back when it came out a MILLION years ago. Was thrilled everyone was interested in seeing it. Then tomorrow night we are having a bunch of people over for dinner/drinks. Might play games, not sure.

Sunday will be church/SS and H has softball practice and T has youth group! I will have laundry and such to do!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rt-2-a-12.html
Old 04-05-2013, 06:54 AM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/174.5 /148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
Good morning girls--Bill and I went to funeral home last nite-one of the girls who used to be a Home Health aide that worked for me died-she was only 57 -she was one who was more of a friend than employee-it has affected me greatly-I will miss her terribly and I am still in shock-anyway-the paper had the wrong evening-we went and there wasn't a vehicle there-the visitation is tonite instead-so of course Bill wanted to go eat at the amish buffet-I caved and ate wrong again-I have not made it into ketosis and I will never make it this way-I am kicking myself but trying again today!

Monica-thanks for your help yesterday-I showed Bill how to do the new keyboard and we did it on his phone and how to do pictures-he saved Dolly's pic into his phone-he is like me-loves learning-if you have time-can you email me the way to do pics onto the forum? I would love to learn how if it isn't too hard? I think my little Kodak camera is going to be a thing of the past--I regret now taking pics of Easter with my Kodak! should have used my iphone!

With Maggie and Monica walking and talking about it--that gives me incentive to start walking also--keep it up girls-I need the boost! plus-my blood sugar today shows I need the exercise-yikes! just that shows I need to stay away from the amish buffet! too close!

Tomorrow there is a huge flea market at Indy state fair grounds-it is over 2 hours away but I would love to attend-the weather is supposed to be beautiful but it is indoors anyway-I am thinking of going to that and then maybe stopping over at Nates--not sure if they are going to be home-haven't spoken to them this week yet? just not sure if I want to drive 5 hours tomorrow yet or work in the yard tomorrow?

Book club sounds like fun Monica

Maggie--making a sock monkey sounds like a fun project!

Michelle--what is up for you this weekend?

I have laundry to put away and floors to sweep-later girls

Jeanne

Last edited by jbatchelor; 04-05-2013 at 06:56 AM..
jbatchelor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:44 AM   #37

OH girl, I am so sorry for your loss. Losing a friend is tough. My thoughts/prayers are with you. It would probably be easier if I called you and walked you through emailing your pic from your phone to your computer. It's not hard but it is tough to type instructions for! I would gladly call you though!
Old 04-05-2013, 11:55 AM   #38
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Walking my little Rosie in the park tonight and taking a walk with the hubby as well. Tomorrow we are going to the movies to watch that crazy Jim Carey/Steve Carrel movie about magicians, my husband loves magic. We know it is a comedy so I hope it is decent. Spent most of the afternoon cleaning my church and the stairs area killer and what a workout! I have to remember to get dinner made earlier because after just 4 hrs. of cleaning I do not want to do another thing. It is a good thing there is leftovers in the fridge otherwise DH would be out of luck for dinner. I hope you all have a good weekend and hang in there on your plan.
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:33 PM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: michelle204
Stats: 262/187/190/170
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
Jeanne-- Sorry to hear about your friend. Don't beat yourself up about the buffet. Just dust yourself off and try again. You are really becoming some sort of techie. I feel like a dinosaur.
Monca-- Talking about feeling like a dinosaur....I loved Jurassic Park too when it came out. I'd love to see it in 3D. My DH hates 3D so that will never happen. Enjoy your very busy weekend.
Maggie---I hear you about cooking after a long day of cleaning. I love leftover night. Enjoy your movie. I like Steve Carrel but some times those movies can be a miss. I hope this ones a good one.

I didn't end up eating the supper that I had planned for yesterday. We got home so late from work we stopped at a hamburger place and I had two bunless hamburgers. So not too bad. So it is sauted shrimp in butter-chipotle sauce over a bed of cauli-rice tonight. Tomorrow I think it is going to eggplant pizzas. Sounds good in my head. I hope it translates well on the plate.

Later ladies and I hope everyone has a successful eating weekend.

I need to finish this journey once and for all!
I know somewhere inside of me I have the strength and commitment...I just need to find it.

Michelle
michelle204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 04:18 PM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle-I love your menus! you are such a gourmet cook! I am a plain jane cook-it's always the easy peasy recipes I like but yours sounds so delish!! yummy!! wish I had you in my kitchen!!

I guess we are staying home this weekend-Bill wants to work around here-another weekend I guess at home! I do have things outside I can do-but I really would have enjoyed that big flea market!
Old 04-05-2013, 05:46 PM   #41

Then go Jeanne , you can go on your own!!!!

Michelle - hope working late means thing are getting busy for you guys !!!
Old 04-06-2013, 06:02 AM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

Monica-I really don't want to spend over 5 hours on the road by myself! not fun! there will be another-I will see if my friend will go next time after tax season is over!

Michelle-no techie here--I just barely get by-If I retain what I learn I will be thankful!

will be picking up sticks and working in the yard today in prep for mowing next week--and the yard mowing begins-I am looking forward to listening to music now with my iphone-I always had headphones but they didn't stay on a good channel or they didn't come in well enough for me to hear well that is-I am hoping I can hear better this way? anxious to try anyway.
Old 04-06-2013, 06:21 AM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Monica--- Yes staying late at work does mean a little bit of money. It will help pay for the computer repars and Sadie's treatments and vet bills. There should be a little left for us too.

Jeann-- That iphone sounds like it can do everything. I think when our contract is up in 2 1/2 years we will also take a leap into the future. By then it will probably be the iphone 12.0 or they will just implant it in your brain or something.

Dinner was horrible last night. The shrimp in chipotle butter was yucky. I took the recipe out of a magazine and it was not for me. So I ate in anyway not to waste anything, but recipe went right into the garbage.

Weigh in today was a wonderful water weight loss of over 5 lbs I'll take it and move on to losing some fat this week.

Have a great Saturday everyone!
Old 04-06-2013, 07:07 AM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

Sorry about the recipe--great about the weight loss!! woohoo for you!!!

I weighed in also--up another 2 lbs for me-I figured as much-dang it-I need to go back and change my start weight-but I don't think I can-I was even over into the diabetic range today with my blood sugar-you would think that would be enough! giving myself a good talking to--I need to write down all my reasons for not going off plan and read them to myself before eating anything! mad at myself for destroying my health!
Old 04-06-2013, 06:52 PM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

this is the cheesecake I made for Easter-but I decided to try to do lowcarb today-it turned out really well so I thought I would share if anyone was interested-Bill loves this dessert and I hadn't made it for years and years:

Grandma Padgett's Cheesecake--reworked to lowcarb

Graham cracker crust:

2 c. almond flour
1/2 c. vanilla flavored whey protein powder
8 drops sweetzfree liquid splenda
1/2 c. butter melted

Mix all ingredients together. spray 9x13 pan with non-stick spray and pat mixture firmly into bottom and up sides slightly. Bake 12 minutes in preheated 350 degree oven until lightly browned.

CHEESECAKE:

1 pkg lemon jello-3 oz
1 c. boiling water
3 TBS lemon juice
1 8oz pkg cream cheese
1 c. sugar substitute--I used 1 c. erythritol and 7 drops sweetzfree
1 tsp vanilla
2 c. whipping cream--whipped- I would use 2 1/2 c. next time for extra volume

Dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Add lemon juice. Cool. Cream together cheese, sugar,, vanilla, and gelatin. Mix well. Fold whipped cream into gelatin mixture. Chill.

the crust is as close to graham cracker crumbs as I have found-and the cheesecake makes a refreshing summer dessert
Old 04-07-2013, 06:28 AM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks for the recipe Jeanne. I have yet to find a crust I like. I've never tried it with protein powder though. I am anxious to try. Maybe tomorrow.

Today we are going to the World of Wheels show. We go to look at beautiful cars and to say hi to some of our customers that have cars on display there.
That reminds me. I don't think I have ever given you our website for work to look at. Is it ok to put a website name on here since it is not food or diet related? I don't know all the rules. Let me know.
Old 04-07-2013, 05:30 PM   #47
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle-I think it is ok? I have put up different website even with food recipes. So I think it is OK? Hope you had a good day today looking at the cars- we had a glorious day here-I got outside and pulled weeds-I have several days left to do that but it felt good to get outside and get started-I will not probably get out there again for a few days-we are expecting rain for several days now..

Tomorrow I think I am having a lunch date with my friend-the one who grooms Dolly-we at least talked about it last week-so I think it's still on-I am trying to stay good and on plan so I hope to go somewhere that allows me to do that.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:02 AM   #48

Good morning all! How was your weekend. Mine was good, uneventful, so that's always nice.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:11 AM   #49
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ziva
Stats: 230/212/199/160/140
WOE: Adkins
Start Date: March 2013
Hi everyone. I'm an Adkins newbie. Just wrapped up month one with an 18 lb loss. Pretty excited about that. I'm hoping I can get 12 more lbs off by May 1st but by July 4th I'm guessing I'll be under 190 so we'll say 189 is my goal for July 4... That is still big. I really have let myself go. I know the journey will be long but the time is going to pass anyway so I might as well get going. Would really like to ease into my 40th bday (March 2014) at goal weight...
ziva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:31 AM   #50
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome Ziva--always nice to have a new face to our group!

I am finally trying to stay the course--I weighed in at a measly .5 pound loss from my increased 2 pound gain from the beginning-yuk-I am still claiming I guess 176 as my start? so I guess I can claim the .5 pound as a loss? a horrible loss for the 1st week or half a week when I finally got my butt in gear--I am feeling like I need to start moving and I guess that is going to be the key now to losing for me since my synthroid has been changed 4 times this year! losing is harder and harder and gaining is so much easier! I am having increased blood sugars lately too--my fault of course so I am trying to get them back in line! even Bill commented on the fact that I seem to go crazy when I go off plan--must be the carb addiction? no rhyme or reason?

really feeling the effect of pulling weeds yesterday-lol--my booty and back! I need more exercise for sure! the weather is warm again today then nasty weather is due back later this week!
Old 04-08-2013, 07:37 AM   #51
Major LCF Poster!

my blood sugars are slowing coming down-still 30 points above where I want them to be--exercise will help there also! but at least not above into the diabetic range this morning--I am slowly getting back into the healthy range-now to be faithful and stay there--I am still kicking myself for being so crazy and letting my health go-all for nothing and letting my carb addiction rule my life--I have still not written down all the reasons I need to read before I fall off the plan again-I really need to do that-and I need to keep the man from talking me into going to the amish buffets--that is a recipe for disaster! I can occasionally stay the course there-but most of the time--I cave!

ok-I am waiting for my friend to arrive-talk to you later
Old 04-08-2013, 11:15 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziva View Post
Hi everyone. I'm an Adkins newbie. Just wrapped up month one with an 18 lb loss. Pretty excited about that. I'm hoping I can get 12 more lbs off by May 1st but by July 4th I'm guessing I'll be under 190 so we'll say 189 is my goal for July 4... That is still big. I really have let myself go. I know the journey will be long but the time is going to pass anyway so I might as well get going. Would really like to ease into my 40th bday (March 2014) at goal weight...
love having new people! I think, with that attitude, ANYTHING is possible!!!! Keep up the great work !
Old 04-08-2013, 11:16 AM   #53

Jeanne you can do this girl! Keep up the good work!
Old 04-08-2013, 12:18 PM   #54
Major LCF Poster!

Back from lunch-Mexican--no chips-had a salad-hopefully it will be still under in carbs? certainly was good! always great to visit with a friend-made a date to go shopping in Evansville-next Friday after Dolly's grooming on Wednesday so I get to visit with her twice next week and catch up!! have been having long conversations with old co-workers about the death of our old friend who passed away--it seems like it hit everyone hard because she was so young-sure has me anyway--certainly made me aware of the need to tell people you care about how much they mean to you--I know I didn't tell Bonnie how much she meant to me and I can only hope she knew...she has been on my mind so much since she died and I pray she is in peace now.

time to get busy-later girls
Old 04-08-2013, 12:23 PM   #55

What did she die from Jeanne? If you don't mind me asking?
Old 04-08-2013, 04:33 PM   #56
Major LCF Poster!

she had pneumonia in January and didn't really recover from that and just kept getting worse and worse and then started having jerking episodes that they didn't know what was causing them--she had diabetes and high blood pressure and had always been heavy-numerous health issues but her body just couldn't overcome this brain thing-she actually died suddenly and they did an autopsy--they were looking for a form of mad cow disease? very strange I know-I haven't heard of anybody having that around here-and if she truly had that--I am glad her torment ended-she lived for her grandchildren and I am sorry that time was cut short but we all never know how long we have and we need to live like each day is our last.

on a lighter note--Nate called and they may be coming down this weekend to pick up an old riding mower that we have--his new place is larger and he needs one--the old snapper we have has a snow blade too that he can put on it for winter time if he needs it-so this will hopefully save him from buying one for awhile--do old Snappers ever die?? I will be glad to see them since we didn't make it up there last weekend!! something to look forward to!
Old 04-08-2013, 05:59 PM   #57

Oh how horrible for your friend!!!

You indeed have something to look forward to this weekend!!! Family time is awesome!!!
Old 04-08-2013, 06:45 PM   #58
Major LCF Poster!

Jeanne---That is horrible about your friend.I sure hope she did not suffer long. I feel horrible for her and her family.
You seem to have made wise decisions with your lunch choices. That is a good sign that you are settling back into the wagon. Good for you.
I hope you do get to enjoy Nate and the fam. I know how much you miss them.

Monica--- Nice that you enjoyed the weekend. Must not have been too hectic.

Welcome Ziva -- You definetly have the right mind set to get the job done. I think we are all going to have great success in this challenge.

Well it is still freezing up here -15 DEG. That is all anyone is talking about here. It is too cold and for too long. I want to be able to go for a long walk with my furbaby Ben, but at those temps he'll freeze. Well enough of that. We went and gave blood tonight and now it is time for a little rest. Have a good evening evryone.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:49 PM   #59
Major LCF Poster!

Brrr-those long cold winters would do me in I think--come and visit with me Michelle--we have had some really nice days recently--it was in the 70s the last two days--we are going to get storms tomorrow and the weather will go back to the 50s-I knew it wouldn't last but it sure has been wonderful! makes me want to do something!

Good for you giving blood again Michelle-I need to do that more often but I don't seem to see it in our paper very often when they come to town?

well-time to head towards bed-cya tomorrow girls
Old 04-09-2013, 04:35 AM   #60
Major LCF Poster!

Good Tuesday Morning--Monica--how is the weather in Kansas--you always get our weather prior to us getting any? Today we are getting 70 degree weather again--so very nice with scattered showers-I have to make a grocery run-it will be a fast one-just for a few things and back home..seems leaving ruins my day when I can get things accomplished!

How is everybody else doing-I am thinking I should be back in ketosis today--will check later-feeling better anyway

Michelle--wishing for spring for you--I am enjoying these days without having the heat on and I know you are so ready for the same...Dolly even has her sweater off and she looks wooly--time for that grooming! she wears a sweater as soon as it gets cool and all winter so she looks strange when it is time to shed her sweater.

back later