Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2013, 04:27 AM   #481
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/174.5 /148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
today is Wednesday and I promised Bill I would take him to the amish buffet since I am eating everything in site--and tomorrow is back on plan-this binging has to end! I am miserable! stuffed to the gills! I don't even care to know the damage I have done-I need to fast for a month! seriously!

getting ready to go to Jasper to take Mom to the doctor-I hope we have a decent day and can get her mind off of the money issues for awhile! it is going to be a heat index of 110 today tho! I think we need to stay inside shopping after the doc! her feet are getting a little better-holding my breath thinking that-is it just wishful thinking? time will tell!

get better Michelle--you need more rest girl-your resistance in down!

Jeanne
jbatchelor is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2013, 05:26 AM   #482
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Jeanne I agree with you and Michelle. It should be fun and to state that any OTHER player is holding your child back, LOAD OF POOP!!!!!!!! I totally understand on not having the WILL to stay on plan! Right there with you girl.

Michelle - funny you say that. I know of at least 1 of the 5 girls they allowed to stay that has already quit. Serves them all right! Why any parent would want their child in that situation...beats ME!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 05:31 AM   #483

Jeanne - I hope your Mom's appointments all go well. Take care and stay as cool as you can today!

SOunds like we are all on EATING PLAN BURN OUT!!!!!!!!!! It's an up day for me today, so eating on plan is EASY today!

Haven went to the "try out" for the other team. She liked the coach and the girls. I felt so bad for her, her blood sugar crashed big time. Worse than it has in a LONG Time. She was trying so hard to just get it up and move on. You just can't rush that. I spoke with the coach, he wasn't too bothered by it. He just told her that if it ever happens again, let him know immediately, he doesn't want her hurt. They want her on the team and I think she is willing, I'm just not so sure. They have another practice on Thursday, so I will have Dennis come with me.

Dennis was gone yesterday most of the day at a funeral in his home town. His Dad's Wife's granddaughter (20 years old) died in a single vehicle car accident Saturday night/Sunday morning. At 2:30 a.m. the Mom of the girl woke and noticed she wasn't home. She texted her and called, nothing. They didn't find her until 5:30 a.m., she was thrown from the car (WHY she didn't have a seat belt on???) and her neck was broken. They hope she died instantly. Very SAD! So young and full of life. Anyway, that puts it all in perspective. Softball is JUST a game, life's too short to go around telling 10 and 11 year old girls they are bringing your Daughter DOWN! BS!!!!!!!!

Monica - JUDDD! Come see my journey!
Old 07-17-2013, 01:31 PM   #484
Major LCF Poster!

Oh-so very sad about that young girl-certainly does bring it all into perspective about living while you can and not to let jerks like that coach derail your daughters fun in sports! still fuming at that guy! I am fearful of Cassidy driving! she did pass her written test the second time--now they have to schedule the driving part! her other grandparents from Cape Cod are coming in a week or so-they are going to buy her a car while here if they can find one--so nice of them and generous! glad they can afford to do that! they better plan on doing the same thing for Colton--he won't forget this! Cassidy wants a small car that is good on mileage--she is doing very well at saving her money since she started working--It looks like she will be a saver--much to my surprise and delight--she didn't learn that from her parents! I hope it continues.

Today was a good day out--we didn't do a whole lot because of the heat-but it was good for her to get her mind off the issues and just relax
Old 07-18-2013, 06:51 AM   #485
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: michelle204
Stats: 262/187/170
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
Jeanne-- How was the Amish buffet? Sounds like you are getting closer to jumping back on the wagon. I'm not quite there yet. If this darn cold and congestion would just go away I think I could commit again. Yea for Cassidy passing the written test. The other grandparents must be well off he they can afford a car for a granddaughter. Boy have times changed. My grandparents basically gave me $5.00 for my birthdays and I think it was $20.00 when I graduated high school.

Monica---How did Dennis do at the funeral? Funerals for young people are always so so sad. I didn't know Haven had blood sugar issues too? Does it cause her alot of problems?

I have taken today off work to get some errands done and maybe squeeze in a haircut. I haven't had one in a year and it sure shows. It is raining and a bit cooler today much needed . So a good day to do errands.

Later girls.

I need to finish this journey once and for all!
I know somewhere inside of me I have the strength and commitment...I just need to find it.

Michelle
michelle204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:58 AM   #486

Jeanne - good to get your Mom's mind off of the entire mess! Poor thing!! I am sure Cassidy will be very appreciative of the gift from her other grandparents. That is truly a generous gift. Lucky her!

Michelle - Dennis / I didn't really know the girl that passed away. He mainly went for his Dad. With us living 2 hours away and me not from that town, we simply weren't close to her. Close or not, seeing a young person die tragically like that, SAD! Dennis said the family seemed to be doing OK with it. Her boyfriend of 3+ months, he was NOT! I think his heart is truly broken. I can't imagine!!! Haven does have the same bloodsugar issues that I have. Most often it doesn't cause her much issues, SUMMER more than any other time is when she does have problems. They fend for themselves for lunch and Tuesday, she had Mac/Cheese with no protein. I told her on Sunday if she had Mac/Cheese we had ham she could have with it....well, she opted not to. Lesson learned. She also has more issues with it during warmer weather and exercise. Your body has to work harder to stay "cool" in the heat and working out. Like I said, she learned her lesson. I felt bad because you could tell she was desparately trying to just move on....it isn't that simple and she was afraid this coach would hold it against her. HE DIDN'T and if he did, that isn't the team for us! SHe sometimes forgets how bad it can get, this will remind her WELL for time to come!
Old 07-18-2013, 09:59 AM   #487

Michelle enjoy your Day off!
Old 07-18-2013, 10:04 AM   #488
Major LCF Poster!

Yahoo! Hair cut done! Check.
Marcel t shirts and belt for work. Check.
Are rug for sunroom. Check.
Starbucks dark roast with cream. Check.
Now back out again for more fun.
Old 07-19-2013, 04:30 AM   #489
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle-good for you for the day off--I want a sunroom!!! pic of the new rug please in the sunroom!! and the new haircut pic too!!!

I am still on a feeding binge!! eating my way to whale size-can't get started-feed bag frenzy! maybe Monday? HOT HOT HOT here--can't even stand to be outside! I worry about Dolly and her feet-we have concrete sidewalks and driveway-so I tried to spray them down with water so she had a place to walk that wasn't too hot-I took my shoes off to test them and it was burning hot--way too hot for a dogs feet! I hope this ends soon- I am ready for rain!!

Monica--what is the plan for this weekend? I am ready for a quiet weekend with nothing to do-how about you?
Old 07-19-2013, 06:10 AM   #490

Michelle - you got some STUFF done yesterday girl! I agree, NEED pics of the new haircut!

Jeanne - can't Dolly walk on the grass? instead of the pavement? I think Dogs feet are more immune to the hot ground than our feet are.

We actually have a more LOW KEY weekend ahead of us. Tonight Haven has a sleepover/birthday party to go to. Tomorrow at 2:00 our friends from Omaha are coming in. The girls 10 and 8 years old are then staying with us for the week. I think the Mom plans to head out Sunday morning. That's pretty LOW KEY for us. We will hang out with our friends and such, but no definite hard core plans! That's my kind of WEEKEND!

Next week will be a bit crazy. I have signed up all 3 girls (Haven, Erin, Meghan) for VBS each night next week. I think they will ALL love it. It is a roller coaster theme!
Old 07-19-2013, 06:11 AM   #491

I had a good DD yesterday. First in forever! Not sure how I have managed but I am still at 169 (which is the same weight I was around July 4th!). Now to get those other 2 pounds gone so I can be at signature weight!
Old 07-19-2013, 09:52 AM   #492
Major LCF Poster!

Wow Monica your low key is my high energy. WTG on the down day. At least it's a first step back on plan. Better than I can say for myself.
Jeanne-- Poor Dolly's feet. Ben burnt all 4 paws a few years ago. I didn't kow that could even happen, but now I am very particular on how long he spends on pavement. I'm sure Dolly could go on the grass but some dogs ,like Ben, are not smart enough to go on the grass. Weird.

I'll try to remember to bring the camera home. We only have one and it stays at work. If I remember I will takes pics for sure.

No plans here. Still just trying to shake this cold. It is so energy draining. Yesterday I felt really well but today a relapse.

Until later ladies.
Old 07-19-2013, 01:19 PM   #493
Major LCF Poster!

Dolly somehow knows when it is time to start watching for Daddy to come home-so she is staying outside more than I want thanks to the doggy door! he is working later since they are working out of town now! I have been trying to keep her inside as much as I can but she knows that time!! I am thankful that Bill mowed the other evening and I haven't had to mow this week--I am dragging my feet getting out there this week and I hope it is cooler tomorrow and I will try to mow then! it is too miserable altho I did see Chris out there mowing today--he is furloughed on Fridays now thanks to the government furloughs until sometime in September.. I don't think he minds it really! he is catching up on things at home and likes having a day home!

time to keep moving! I agree with Michelle--your weekend and week still sounds crazy busy--a quiet weekend means locking the door and staying in my pjs and not moving...and not answering the phone or door!
Old 07-22-2013, 06:00 AM   #494

Well our weekend was good. Friday night we ended up going to KC to AMC theater with T. We went to see The Way Way Back. Very good coming of age movie. The boy in it reminded me a lot of T. We planned to go to the 7:30 show, but got there an it was sold out. So we went to dinner, killed time till the 10:15 showing. YES we were out awfully late that night! Especially for us, but it was fun for us to hang with just him.

Saturday we got up and did grocery shopping and STOP THE PRESSES, I BAKED!!!!! We stopped at the peach stand here in town and they had a HUGE flat of various items for $3. TONS of peaches and 3 zucc that needed to be used ASAP! SO I made Zucc bread. ME, and it was GF! Then Haven came home and our friends showed up around 3:00. We literally just hung out with them the rest of the day! Dennis BBQ'd some chicken and I made my tomato mozz salad.

Sunday we got up and went to church, my friend headed out as we left. After church we took the girls (they are 10 and 8) to KC to the movies for Fork n Screen. The girls LOVED it! Nothing like a waitress serving you while you watch a movie! After the movie Haven went to workout with the Lawrence Softball teams coach and his daughter. They offered her a spot on the team and she took it! She is very excited. I am happy for her. She seems to really like this coach and the girls! TIME WILL TELL!
Old 07-22-2013, 06:30 AM   #495
Major LCF Poster!

sounds like a great weekend Monica--lots of fun things--I like the place where you eat and watch a movie--now share the recipes for tomato and mozz salad-that sounds really good--do you have a good zucchini bread recipe--is it low carb? if so-please share--I am GOING to start back today--for REAL this time--I MEAN it this time-I am trying to convince me-I have eaten everything in sight -even Bill is shocked at what I am eating-he said I am totally overboard more than he has ever seen me! he is right! my hormones are off balance--I am not checking my sugar-I didn't want to know--that has to stop now!

I am feeling way stressed too for some reason--not sleeping and feeling overwhelmed-not sure if the eating off plan is causing it but I am just not feeling like I am in control of anything at this point-I feel like I have too much to do and way too little time to accomplish it! not a good feeling so I need to at least control my eating!

so glad Haven made the team and is happy with her decision!

Michelle--how are you feeling--any better with your cold? hope you got some rest over the weekend?

headed outside to work in the landscaping--before it gets too steamy!
Old 07-22-2013, 01:18 PM   #496
Major LCF Poster!

Jeanne I know what you are talking about. I have such a feeling of being overwhelmed it is not funny. But this eating has to stop because it is only making things worse I'm sure. Let's do this together Jeanne and follow T's example.

Monica--- I glad Haven joined the team and seems to be enjoying things now. Hopefully she can put that other coach behind her.

I am feeling the same. This cold will just not go away.
Old 07-23-2013, 05:38 AM   #497

My zucc bread recipe is not LC. It is GF, it uses 2 cups GF Flour and 1 cup sugar! nothing at all lc about it....probably why it's so dang good!

Now Jeanne - I understand off plan eating. HECK I am the QUEEN of it. You HAVE TO CHECK YOUR BLOOD SUGAR. Not checking it doesn't make the issue go away. You feeling of OFF could very well be massive swings in the BS reading. Please get back to testing that immediately. You have a disease and it needs to be monitored for your own safety. Get back to at least monitoring that PLEASE!?!?!?!?!?!?
Old 07-23-2013, 05:43 AM   #498

My tom/mozz salad, well, it's kind of throw in what I have veggie wise!
Here is what the norm is:

Sugar snap peas (cut into 1/3s)
Cauliflower (cut into tiny pieces)
cherry tomatoes (I like to buy the red and the orange ones)
1/4 cup of LITE BALSAMIC PARMESAN ASIAGO dressing (there are sugars in there so you could probably get the NON lite)
1/2 - 1 cup shredded mozz

Now the amounts of the veggies is up to you. I typically throw it together and try to get a nice balance. I gave a range of cheese because if it's a LARGE salad I put in 1 cup, if it is small (for just Dennis and I) I go way less. You can ease up on the dressing if you want, it has robust flavor so a little goes a long way!
Old 07-23-2013, 05:44 AM   #499

Today I made a garbonzo bean salad for lunch. It has 1 can beans, 1 yellow pepper, snap peas, cherry tomatoes, feta cheese and lite Balsamic Parmesan Asiago dressing! YUMMY! The G beans have protein but are higher in carbs. So you may not be interested in this one.
Old 07-23-2013, 05:45 AM   #500

OH and I picked 5 tomatoes off Dennis tomato plants this morning. Tomorrow for my DD I will have Tomato and cottage cheese for lunch!!!!
Old 07-23-2013, 05:47 AM   #501

The girls staying with us FIGHT CONSTANTLY! They are 10 and 8. I mean, they bicker all the time! The thing they argue the most over is their Ipad mini and Itouch. I sat down with them last night and said, POINT BLANK, if I hear more of them arguing constantly about the devices, I will take them away for the remainder of the week! I guess since T and H are opposite sex, it helps with the fighting. I always thought they faught a bunch, now seeing these 2 girls....I know I was wrong!
Old 07-23-2013, 05:48 AM   #502

T is down 3 more pounds, so total lost is 35. We took him clothes shopping last night. He bought cargo shorts and button casual shirts. He is a gym short/T shirts kind of guy....I was so pleased!
Old 07-23-2013, 05:56 AM   #503
Major LCF Poster!

Monica-thanks for mozzarella salad recipe--what brand of dressing do you buy--I have never looked for that flavor but I will! It sounds really good-I will be making that salad for sure! thanks!

I made it through the first day back on plan--mainly because I have eaten most if not all of the entire goodie supply and everything else edible in the entire house-if it was food-I ate it--even things I didn't like I think-totally off the wall with this for the last almost 3 weeks--ouch! I am going to the store and the first thing I thought of was I could get a box of donuts for me and eat them before Bill got home--see my thinking!! it has always been like this-I am a secret eater! except now I eat even in front of Bill-it doesn't seem to phase me-I just EAT! so I am hoping to get back into some type of control!

Michelle-we can do this together--hope you had a good day back on plan also-I know you can do this too--you are strong when you get your mind to it--Let's be strong together!

I need to start baking and getting better at planning--I have to be prepared to succeed! that is the key for me! headed to the store shortly and then working in the yard later.

still hot and humid here-supposed to rain and cool off --a welcome treat it will be!

Congrats to T---he must be looking awesome!!! I am so proud! Tell him we want to see his pics with the new clothes--nobody will know him at school this year! Aimee is one lucky lady!!!

Michelle-we for sure have to use T as our guide and inspiration!! every time we think about going off-we need to think about T's 35 pounds!!! and come in here and post !!!! deal?????

Last edited by jbatchelor; 07-23-2013 at 06:00 AM..
Old 07-23-2013, 01:39 PM   #504
Major LCF Poster!

Jeanne--Glad to hear you had a good first day back on plan. I had a good one too. I agree with Monica that please watch thoses sugar levels. That is more important then anything else.
Monica-- Your T is a shining example indeed and I will try to use him as my mentor as I get myself back on plan.

Should we be starting a new challenge. There is 100 days to Halloween. That is a good amount of time to try and set things right. What do you gals say?
Old 07-24-2013, 03:48 AM   #505
Major LCF Poster!

grrrr-starting again today-I blew it and binged again-the story of my life-I am a mess-way stressed-I have got to regain control -have so much to do today-need to mow and have to can the zucch and peppers-can't stay here-back when I can-mad at me!
Old 07-24-2013, 05:43 AM   #506

Michelle - I like that challenge till Halloween. What should we name it?? LESS SCARY by Halloween???

Jeanne - Dust off girl. Ease back into it. Have you stocked the house with LC stuff yet? If not, get to that. Text me when you feel the urge, I can help talk you down? Willing to do that???

It's Wednesday! We are looking at cars. Thinking of a Ford C-Max or Escape. Not sure, I hate CAR shopping. I have had my car for just shy of 8 years.....I prefer to just keep what I have but T will need a car and we would like to park Dennis Expedition so less miles get on it. His car has 120K miles on it. It's our traveling vehicle. I like the C-Max, Dennis thinks it's too small interior wise! HMMMMM Hate car people too!
Old 07-24-2013, 11:19 AM   #507
Major LCF Poster!

O Jeanne come on. You can do this. You have done it before and you have also been through more stressful situations and made it through. So pull up the boot straps and try again. Is there something you want to talk about? Maybe we can help? Maybe it would be good for you just to vent. Whatever it takes we are here.

Monica-- I love Less scary by Halloween. Great title.
I hate car shopping too, but at the same time I love a new car. I had a new one in 2004 and one in 1987. But the shopping part sucks.

Would you like to start the new challenge or me? Jeanne you will be joining us right???????
Old 07-24-2013, 11:46 AM   #508

I'll start up a new one!

I got my last new car in 2005, so we both like to hang on to what we have now, don't we???
Old 07-24-2013, 11:48 AM   #509

new challenge:

LESS scary by Halloween Challenge