Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2013, 11:00 AM   #451
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Garden lasagna? What will you throw in it. When we use Zucc in our lasagna, we shred it and then wring it out.

Quote:
--make sure you never lose weight when you are old-do it now while you are young girls!
My DAD would use this as a reason to be FAT AND HAPPY! of coarse, he uses ANYTHING as an excuse to live FAT and HAPPY! He says, Life's too short!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2013, 02:03 PM   #452
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: michelle204
Stats: 262/187/190/170
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
Jeanne way to go on the canning. I have never done it myself. I was always affraid I would do it wrong and evrything would spoil. WTG Cassidy! Track is a hard sport.
I don't know anything about that lifestyle lift. I lost my weight in my mid 40s and everything is loose and saggy. I think the moral to the story is not to get fat in the 1st place. A lesson learned too late for me.

As for Ben, they will check his liver enzymes at his annual check up in September after he has been on this supplement for 2 months. They are not too worried so I am staying calm myself about it.

As for me...tummy bug gone but head cold cold has turned into head and chest now. Hopefully it will break soon. It's not all that bad but so hard to concentrate and get things done when your head is full. It cooled down here yesterday and today. It i suppose to heat up tomorrow again. I hope I get a chance to rest tomorrow. Our big job should be done later tonight and that should release some pressure around here.

Have to go for now ladies. Keep cool!

I need to finish this journey once and for all!
I know somewhere inside of me I have the strength and commitment...I just need to find it.

Michelle
michelle204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 05:15 PM   #453
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/174.5 /148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
Michelle-my colds hang on forever--and then the cough hangs on too-hopefully you can rest soon! good to not worry needlessly about Ben if there is no reason...glad they are being good health stewards.

Monica-your dad has a good attitude-men usually do! doesn't take care of all the flab tho!! Michelle is right-the key is not to put it on in the first place--too late for that!

well my garden lasagna actually tasted pretty good-it kinda came out tasting like a cross between stuffed peppers and lasagna--that's what I get for using green peppers and zucchini in there-plus all the makings for lasagna you normally use-lots of cheese , cottage cheese, sauce, ground chuck, large can of garlic pasta sauce, left overs for tomorrow while I will be on the mower all day!

time for tv--later girls

Jeanne
jbatchelor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 06:08 AM   #454

Michelle - If your cold doesn't improve greatly, head to the DR. It could easily be an infection at this point! Don't let it get really bad girl!

Jeanne - don't work too hard on the mower today....wait now, IS IT FIXED????

My day yesterday wasn't so down, I am not going to lose my mind over it either. Our friends leave today. I am so ready to have my house back to normal...well as normal as our house gets that is. I think T wants to head to Aimee's softball game, it's her last game. I'm ok with that BUT I also need to go to walmart (WHICH I HATE) to pick up that kind of NOT FUN CRAP that we are almost out of at the house. Laundry detergent, dog treats.....and the like!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rt-2-a-12.html
Old 07-11-2013, 06:09 AM   #455

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbatchelor View Post
time for tv--later girls

I want some TV time!
Old 07-11-2013, 10:23 AM   #456
Major LCF Poster!

fast check in--mowing mowing mowing-thank goodness the humidity is gone! I couldn't be out there if it wasn't! Monica-I hear you about getting your house back--Chris and Kim have Kim's mom for 10 days-he was here last nite and he said they are ready to have their house back! he actually said he and Kim called me a saint for letting them stay here for 15 months when they moved back up here from florida--it was supposed to be only for 4 months but things didn't work out that way--it was good to hear him appreciate it--it wasn't easy-they also brought their boxer and their cat! it was a long 15 months-Bill added in 15 months 7 days 5 hours etc! we were all glad to see them move! love them NEXT door however! Friday is Cassidy's test for her drivers license and Chris is taking her to the k-mart parking lot to teach her to parallel park-not much time ahead to practice!!! Bill is supposed to bring home orange cones from work ! would love to watch but she doesn't need the pressure! I still don't like to park-I would like one of those new park assist cars!
sure hope she passes!!

well--I am headed back out to mow--later friends
Old 07-11-2013, 03:46 PM   #457
Major LCF Poster!

By the grace of God I was able to parallel park for my driver's test. I have not ever done it since nor do I intend to. I will walk blocks and blocks just to avoid parallel parking. I hope Cassidy does well with that. Glad the humidity broke....enjoy the mowing.

Not much new here. Just plugging along. Now sitting at home 5:45 PM and have no idea what to make myself for dinner. Marcel has leftovers, but I'm just dumb struck as to what to have. Oh well maybe I'm just not hungry enough right?

Later girls.
Old 07-11-2013, 05:42 PM   #458
Major LCF Poster!

Chris said she did great and tomorrow her test and driving test is at 12:30--I sure hope she passes both! I don't like parking but I do it--I do better on the right hand side! I just found out Bill's daughter and her family are coming down for the weekend! looking forward to time with little Leah but that means some marathon cleaning for me tomorrow-I really need some down time-my legs are really swollen from all the up time I have had this week but I have a big day tomorrow now with shopping and cleaning plus laundry with 3 beds to change! I will follow Monica's lead and get it done! Leah and her dad are both very picky eaters--I have no clue what to fix! I will try to shop for who knows what?

cya tomorrow--we are still eating leftovers too!! and will be for awhile with that big crockpot
Old 07-12-2013, 06:07 AM   #459
Major LCF Poster!

Good luck with all the cleaning and prep Jeanne. Try and take some time to put your feet up and rest your legs. I hope you have a great time with family . Go Cassidy Go.
Old 07-12-2013, 06:08 AM   #460

OH Jeanne - Good luck to Cassidy. When I took my test at 16, I hated parrell parking. 4 years of collge and parking WHEREVER I could fit my car, I am a MASTER at it. I will NOT park Dennis' LARGE EXPEDITION, but I have no problem parking my Tucson! I actually enjoy it! I know, I'm a FREAK! I am sure 15 months was tough, enjoy your guests this weekend. Sometimes you just have to do what you can and move on from there!

Michelle - ARe you feeling better? What did you eat for dinner??

Well, our guests aren't completely gone. Their son, he's 13, decided to stay with us through next weekend. He wanted to go to some of Haven's games and such. So the fun will continue. But it's just him. No big deal there.

Haven came to us and told us, she no longer wants to play competative softball. I think she is DONE with the traveling and hanging out with a team where no one goes to school with her. You know, I get it. I was shocked and at first, horrified that she would wake up and be upset come spring time but now I am good with it. We had her talk it out with her Pitching coach. Traci (pitching coach) said, she has her head on straight and is thinking clearly, she is burnt out. Plain and simple. Haven did mention just doing rec softball next summer here in our town. Heck, she will be a rock star in rec! Maybe that's what she is wanting. Heck, we will have so much time/money, we won't know what to do! She wants to continue with competative volleyball though. That will start in Novmeber. I think she also wants to do a LOT of stuff in middle school. The dances, the plays and band. She can do track for the school in 7th grade and she wants to do that too.

So today and possibly tomorrow will be her last games with her team OUTrageous and I won't get to see any of them. That makes me sad, but that is life! Yesterday she had 2 RBI's, she is a rocking hitter. She did tell Dennis she was disappointed they didn't have her pitch yesterday. As they don't ever pitcher her in bracket play which starts today. That may be part of it too. They do NOT consistently ever have her pitch! Such is, their loss. I am ready to be done with these 2 coaches as well.
Old 07-12-2013, 06:12 AM   #461

The graveside service for my friends dad is today. I will leave work at 11:30 to meet up with one of the other girls. We will do lunch and then head to the service. Tomorrow is the memorial service. I am heading to my parents in the morning then Mom/Wendi/I will head to that service.
Old 07-12-2013, 06:14 AM   #462

I need to also admit here. My head is not at all in "weight loss" mode. I haven't counted anything in July. I can't seem to get my head back in it. IF I do manage a DD, I do count that, but UD's I haven't really done the math since JUNE! I am a MESS!
Old 07-12-2013, 09:25 AM   #463
Major LCF Poster!

Monica-you have my sympathies in the loss of your friend-travel safe.. You have had so much going on how could you track? I understand about Haven--she has had a lot on her plate-I think Cassidy did that too trying to find her niche--she finally did but Haven really excels at softball but maybe it was time for a break? and she will return to it? I can understand the time element involved with it all...

I fell off the wagon, train, bus everything last nite-binged on everything I could find-too much stress this week-Mom put some money in a bond-she went on her own and went where my brother had gone and this woman baited her I believe with telling her that my brother went with something similar-well to make a long story short-she was supposed to get 400 dollars interest in June-it never did arrive in her account-so she looks at her bond-the maturity date is 2043!! I ask her why she would buy something with a date like that-she didn't know it was so long-she wasn't told -she wasn't give any papers--she was supposed to get them in the mail but never did--I told her that she didn't receive full disclosure--anyway-she cries and gets all upset-we find out she has already lost 9000 dollars in the last 3 months-there is a penalty for drawing it out-so we call st. Louis -the guy says she has received a pkt with all disclosure--she has just forgotten--Nope she hasn't-he insists she did-I say she is not senile-she did not-she gets on the other phone-she tells him she wants out NOW and wants all her money back-I tell him the woman who sold her did not even give her a printed out form-she has only a written paper saying she will get 400 interest in June--which she hasn't! she has nothing-she didn't receive any disclosure or even know she was getting a bond with over 30 years maturity-AND the bond will not even pay out on her death to her children-they will have to hold it--and we are all over 60 ourself--we will be over 90--she would never have done that I told him!! he finally asks her if she wants out--he is recording it--she says YES--no penalty-she says she wants all her money back--he can't do that-she has lost 9000-he says he will give her the address to file a complaint and maybe get it back--doubtful! anyway--I ate myself thru the evening last nite! all nite-she has saved all her life and I feel she was baited with this woman saying my brother did this--I am furious-but if she lost 9000 it could have been more-I am anxious to see the check come in the mail to see what she actually does get back-I hope it is only 9000-he couldn't tell us for sure last evening! what a story! sorry to ramble! I am still wanting to eat! this weekend could be an eating weekend-I am making a red velvet cake with cream cheese icing--I can't promise anything! and I really don't care--sad but true!
Old 07-12-2013, 10:43 AM   #464

Jeanne - I don't blame you. I would have eaten too
Old 07-12-2013, 10:44 AM   #465

Call the IN attorney general. Ask about the company then tell the company you will file a complaint with the state . Also contact the better business bureau
Old 07-12-2013, 10:46 AM   #466

Finally , what large city is close??? Contact the biggest TV news station in that city and inquire about a problem solvers or such . See if they will investigate it
Old 07-12-2013, 10:47 AM   #467

You'd be surprised at what a company will offer to stay out of bad publicity!!!
Old 07-12-2013, 12:42 PM   #468
Major LCF Poster!

it is Edward Jones-a big company-the guy from St Louis called--the bond went down today-she has lost 11 thousand and he wanted to check before he cut the check-she said yes! but she is still livid--he wished her well--jerk-of course he wasn't the one who sold it to her! I told her to write down everything she remembered the woman said and even the fact that she had her computer on and just happened to have my brother and sil's name on it with their info and just clicked it off saying that invested in something similar--this is why I think she was baited--I think it was bad business practice to have a computer on with someone's name on it--period--I think it was meant to sway her! I wish I knew she was going and had gone-but she is independent and my brother is her poa-she relies on him for business stuff and if she thought he did this-she figured it was good! this woman would have known that mom needed the income from this investment to live on--that was the purpose--when the interest rate tanked -she has not had cds to help out--so the broker told her and wrote on a paper what she would be receiving--but that didn't pan out! I will make a copy of the hand written stuff-I am sure it won't help-I told her to just consider it a lesson learned and just realize it wasn't her fault-she is blaming herself--I told her she was not a fault-she didn't get the information to make an informed decision--so she is NOT at fault-she was baited and screwed essentially! she just needs to come to terms with it--not easy at 88 but it could have been worse if she stayed in it! till 2043!!! she may have had nothing left...she has always been worried about saving and leaving something behind--my brothers doesn't need it--and I don't either--I keep telling her--and my brother who passed away--his kids are certainly going to be fine--they inherit my brothers part--but my brother left them well taken care of--I told Mom to just quit worrying about leaving something and spend what she needs for herself.
Old 07-12-2013, 02:58 PM   #469
Major LCF Poster!

Wow Jeanne I feel so bad for you and your mom. I hate people who take advantage of others. How do they sleep at night? My blood is boiling over right now. I hope she has enough left after all of this to live. This was not her fault, but I'm sure she will feel bad about this forever and that is worse then losing the money. AHHHHH! Maybe there is something that could be done legally. That maturity daye is ludicrus and I'm sure everyone else would think so to even a judge. Do what you have to do to get through this and we will all get back on track when we are ready. Take care of you first just watch the sugar levels please. We don't want anything bad happening to you!
Old 07-15-2013, 05:35 AM   #470

Jeanne - I hate it happened. It isn't fair. Hopefully, she can just put this behind her. How was your company this weekend??? Check in when you can.

Michelle - How are you feeling? Back to normal?

The weekend was good. I was so glad I went to my friends Dad's services. Friday we went out after the memorial and she just vented for 2 hours! I was so glad I was able to merely sit and listen for her. Why does DEATH bring out the worst in family???

Saturday Haven played her last OUTrageous game. I was able to watch about 30 minutes of it. From the outfield so I wouldn't have to pay $20 for T and I to get in. Then we headed to my parents house. Another friend and I went to the other memorial service so thankfully, it is all done now for Susan. I am sure she woke feeling much relief on Sunday!

Sunday we came home and just kind of hung out. We did go get groceries, Haven bought a fish bowl and a Beta fish. She is super excited about it. Then we fired up the fire pit and played cards with the kids. Not sure I mentioned, my friend that was here last week, her son decided to stay with us till this coming weekend. They are making a bunch of FUN plans for the week!
Old 07-15-2013, 06:10 AM   #471
Major LCF Poster!

Hey girls-it was a very eventful week-Mom got hit with taxes-after pulling out her money-they socked her with an 11 thousand dollar loss and 4400 in taxes! I didn't go in and read the letter-but I told her I didn't understand how you pay taxes on a loss! I told her to call my brother which she did to come down and have him read it-he is her poa-he didn't show! grrr! I just hope she can get past it all-I have to quit eating my way thru it-major stress and the weekend didn't help-Bills daughter is wonderful and her family is good-Bill's son is another story-he is going thru a divorce and he is nuts on a good day but way out there now!-he loves drama and wants to be babied and the center of attention-Bill invited Denise and told her to not mention to Danny that they were coming-well-he and the kids pulled into the driveway before Denise and her family even made it totally into the house! it was all about Danny during the evening-pity party about him and his new girlfriend fighting and he at one point got up and left his kids and drove off in his truck and was gone for 3 hours-he showed back up at midnight! I was furious! I almost loaded his kids up and took them home-they are 16 and 12-he didn't even say he was leaving-he went to work things out with his new girlfriend apparently-he had been texting her all nite! I am still upset with him~

Today is hot and steamy-supposed to be this way all week

Monica-glad you were able to see Haven's last game!

I am trying to get back in my game too today-what a binging weekend-too much stress for sure! I need to stay stress free in my life if I want to eat correctly--either that or sew up my lips when stress arrives! I will not be weighing for a good long while! seriously!

my friend is coming today and picking up the clothes that have been filling the chairs in my bedroom-I am so glad to get rid of them! then I will be back to purging -slow and sure wins the race right! have a good day girls

Michelle--hope you are feeling better!
Old 07-15-2013, 11:02 AM   #472

Jeanne - I would be livid with him too! Why doesn't BILL do something? It's his SON, right? That is horrible. I feel awful for his kids to boot.

I also think you need to have a Professional look at that stuff with your Mom. If she LOST that much there is no way that much taxes should be owed. Have a CPA or tax professional look at it. Heck, maybe even a business lawyer.
Old 07-15-2013, 02:43 PM   #473
Major LCF Poster!

Hey ladies. It seems both of you were busy busy.

Jeanne--- I feel for you. I wish I could help alleviate some of your stress. I agree with Monica on having a professional look at the paperwork. They know all the loop holes and alleys needed to pay the least amount of tax. And as for your son in law..... I would for sure say something and right to him. He is obviously a grown up and should act like one, especially in front of his kids. Don't put up with that behavior. Even if you don't see them all that often. He should treat you guys with respect and he sure didnt do that. Don't stress about him, he's not worth the binge or the blood sugar increase. Your Mom is a different story.

Monica-- It was good you could be there for your friend. I know all too well how family can be after a death. With both my parents dying and my sister, I have been through it all. In many ways it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I hope Haven enjoys her fish. I use to have goldfish for years and years. Then one day when we had just gotten Sadie (our dog that just passed) I was cleaning the fish tank and had put all 23 goldfish in a bucket to clean the tank. When I went to put them back in the tank there were no goldfish in the bucket. But there was a very content Sadie lying on my bed with fish parts all over the place. I never thought to watch out for that because the other two dogs we had at the time never gave the fish the time of day. I thought only cats were into fish. WRONG!. I just emptied the tank and never had fisg again. It's funny now.

As for my cold. It is sure hanging on. My ears are so blocked but I'm muddeling through. One of these days it will go away. Nothing new here. Marcel is sick too, so we just spent the weekend home in pjs watching TV and resting. More like passing out though. Oh well there's always tomorrow.
Old 07-15-2013, 02:43 PM   #474
Major LCF Poster!

PS weighing in is last on my list to do too Jeanne.
Old 07-15-2013, 02:54 PM   #475
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle-thanks for sharing the fish story--I have never heard of a dog eating fish like that either--Sadie is the first!

Nate had hamsters when he was little--we had a Siamese cat that apparently figured out how to get into the cage-we came home to find no hamsters and cat with fuzzy remains on his face! kind of nasty actually-we did have to replace them-but then bricks went on the top cage doors-I really would have loved to never had them again! fish would have been much easier!

Yes I am still upset about the stepson--Bill will never speak to him about it! he doesn't like confrontation! typical man! I don't mind at all sharing my feelings!
Old 07-16-2013, 07:58 AM   #476

Michelle - that is a FUNNY story about the fish. I am sure at the time it wasn't funny, but now it is! Did all those fish make Sadie sick??? Thus far, Haven is enjoying her Beta fish.

Jeanne - you tell that SON then! What a mess! That is funny about the hamster too. Ok, not funny really. We don't allow any "critters". Fish, yes, nothing else really. OH and Dennis is HECK bent on only ONE dog. We have tried and tried to change his tune on that. I GAVE UP! Tristan gets so mad about it, I try not to have it ever spoke of. T just doesn't understand why I don't just get the dog and screw Dennis' thoughts/feelings on it. He may not be such a great husband... Maturity will do him a lot of good!

It's Tuesday. Haven has her "tryout" for the new team tonight. I told her to go into it wanting to have fun, if she gets there and thinks she can have a lot of fun with this team, THEN GO FOR IT! Her other team has basically imploded. Coach called me last night and said, Haven isn't a B level (there are 3 levels in softball A, B, C with C being the lowest) pitcher and her hitting isn't totally at B level. I didn't inquire or say anything as I knew we were quitting. I simply responded with I understand.

Now, that being said, if Haven isn't a B level hitter, then no one on the team is. She is the most consitent hitter they have and the worst hitter is the Coaches daughter.

Later last night I found out he called 3 others and told them, in worse terms, your daughter isn't good enough to be on our team and in FACT, your daughter is holding my daughter back from doing as well as she can. REALLY???? It's all a load of CRAP. They have only 5 girls left including their daughter and I know 2 of them may not even stay....what makes this all worse is the coaches daughter pitches well (ok for C, not B level at all) but can't hit the ball or RUN or FIELD a ball to saver her life. Ironic he is calling others and telling them their girl is holding back his daughter. SO GLAD WE were done with them anyway. What a mess, right? The girls are freaking 12. REALLY??? GOOD LUCK!
Old 07-16-2013, 07:59 AM   #477

I should have said, you realize that most, if not all of the girls, won't play beyond High School, some won't even do that!
Old 07-16-2013, 08:01 AM   #478

I took the high road and said nothing. I agree with him, Haven isn't a B pitcher, but I don't think the other 2 (including his daughter) are either. No matter.....

Dennis said, you should have said, well that's OK, she doesn't want to pitch anymore! Just to see what he would have said!
Old 07-16-2013, 11:09 AM   #479
Major LCF Poster!

what happened to the days when kids were allowed to play to have a good time and increase their skills--when they weren't rated?? I think that is a joke-and maybe the kids are feeling the ratings and who knows maybe the coach has even told them their ratings! I think it is outrageous that he would even speak the fact that there were ones that held his child back--if anyone is holding others back I would venture to say it was his attitude and his coaching practices! grrrr! I am up on my bandbox now!!! no wonder these kids are dropping out--it is no longer fun or a learning thing--he is making it work and a chore! grrr! how dare he even to speak of grade level children!

Well-still not eating back on plan--just can't seem to quit eating! I have been totally out of control and don't seem to care--I know I need to get back-but the will just isn't there!

will be gone tomorrow to the doctor taking mom-but will check in later!

hot and humid here--thank goodness for the ac
Old 07-16-2013, 02:25 PM   #480
Major LCF Poster!

I agree 100% with Jeanne. It is that coaches behavior that needs a revamp. Maybe if more girls quit him he or others will get the picture and replace him with someone who cares.more about the girls.

Still sick here. Head is very cloudy so I won't ramble on. I'm not eating on plan either Jeanne.