Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2013, 05:53 AM   #391
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/177 /148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
hey girls-it is a running day-my tractor is down-have to run to the tractor place and see if they can come up with the part that Bill thinks is broken--the solenoid on the PTO is broken-it broke when he was on it thankfully-and not me! he thinks it will be several hundred dollars to replace-ouch! I really hope not! I can't mow until I get it replaced-I hope this is the reason it doesn't work!

Hope you get some rest this week Monica-one day down and 4 to go! hang in there

Jeanne
jbatchelor is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2013, 11:13 AM   #392
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Jeanne - hopefully it isn't horribly expensive and that it can be fixed soon! I know how you stress about the grass....too many days will make for quite the chore to cut it!

That's right. It is fun, VBS, just tiring!
zipp2play is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 06:00 AM   #393
Major LCF Poster!

hello girls--we haven't heard about the part from the tractor place yet--the guy really wasn't too helpful-first thing out of his mouth was "we aren't a Massey dealer any more"-I said I was aware of that-but we bought it from them and I thought they still were able to get parts for people? Bill told me they were! He then said he could call-butthead! but he didn't call me all day yesterday and/or Bill-he had our phone numbers--so Bill is going to try and reach him today--Bill started mowing with the snapper yesterday-and mowed until 8:30 last evening--it is no fun to mow 10 acres with a snapper!

the weather remains hot hot hot here--good time to stay inside! I only stray outside to water my flowers after the sun goes down!

Monica-how goes VBS??? hanging in there--half over by tonite

Michelle--how was the big birthday dinner? did you have baby back ribs? yummy! I love ribs
Old 06-26-2013, 06:56 AM   #394

HOT here too! I think today is supposed to hit 98*, I don't even WANT to know what the heat index is. VBS is going great. I actually love hanging with the kids and such. Yesterday during the closing I got to hold Hudson. He is a 7 month old. I texted this pic to Dennis and said I was bringing him HOME! Those cheeks, they are just meant to be kissed, CONSTANTLY!!!!!!!

He has 5 brothers/sisters. It is a HIS, HERS, OURS family! I don't think the kid is ever put down. They all hold him constantly! He is a CUTIE PIE!

Monica -Come see my journey!
Old 06-26-2013, 09:45 AM   #395
Major LCF Poster!

awww-he is a cutie pie for sure-I would be holding him too--and kissing those cheeks-those blended families surely work better with a ours included? glad you are having a fun VBS-I figured you would be! and the kids are lucky you are doing it! I am working in my closet today--would you believe I haven't purged clothes out of there since I retired? and I have all sized of clothing up to size 22! I am going to call my friend Sharon to see if she wants any of this stuff--lots with tags! my bed is full and more to go-this is just hanging stuff--look out drawers!

love the name Hudson!!!

Last edited by jbatchelor; 06-26-2013 at 09:46 AM..
Old 06-26-2013, 11:50 AM   #396

LOOK AT YOU GO JEANNE!!!!!!! Purge away!!!!

I may have to try to grab Hudson again tonight! I was a dancing, kissing, patty-caking fool with him!
Old 06-26-2013, 01:54 PM   #397
Major LCF Poster!

can't reach Sharon --this stuff is piled everywhere--so tomorrow is another day to add to the piles of stuff-If I don't send it home with her--st Vincent de Paul is getting a boat load of stuff! loving the feeling of getting rid of it!! my new mantra--you can't clean clutter!!! hug that Hudson!

Tomorrow is helping Mom day and hair day--forgot about that--maybe Friday I can purge and get rid of more crappola--that will give me time to track down Sharon or someone.

Last edited by jbatchelor; 06-26-2013 at 01:59 PM..
Old 06-26-2013, 02:10 PM   #398
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: michelle204
Stats: 262/187/170
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
Way to go Jeanne on the closet purge. That's great and if someone else can use that clothes then it is better with them then stuck in your closet. And you are not going to need size 22 ever again.

Monica---Hudson is such a cutey. Give him a big smooch for me too.

The dinner out was great. I didn't end up having ribs but a nice big juicy New York strip. It was so good!!!!! It is very hot here too.So far I'll take it but not if it lasts too long.Well I have to get back to work for now, just thought I would check in.Have a great day and evening ladies.

I need to finish this journey once and for all!
I know somewhere inside of me I have the strength and commitment...I just need to find it.

Michelle
michelle204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 05:30 PM   #399
Major LCF Poster!

no news on the tractor part-Bill called and so far he hasn't found one--is he really trying? hmm?

we have no tv--and there are tornado warnings out for the county south of us 10 miles away-hope it stays south of us! I told Bill to monitor the weather radio and to let me know if we need to run to the basement! I can handle lightning and storms just fine! thankfully Dolly has no fear--Sydney-the Airedale that we had when we got Dolly--was terrified of storms-not sure why some dogs are frightened and others could care less--Sydney taught Dolly the ropes before she died-I credit her with making Dolly a good dog.

glad you had a nice night out Michelle--new York strip sounds good too--but I was dreaming of those ribs for you!! I can't ever get enough ribs!

Last edited by jbatchelor; 06-26-2013 at 05:36 PM..
Old 06-27-2013, 08:07 AM   #400

OH Michelle - my mouth is watering just thinking of the NEW YORK STRIP! YUM! How goes it girl? Work picking up?

Jeanne - Enjoy your day with your MOM! Keep working on the closet, sorry about the tractor.

I got to hold Hudson again last night. I walked up to his Dad and said, NO FAIR, you get him all the time. Can I??? He said, well SURE! Great family there too. Love them all. Each child, so different in their own way. We call them the Judy's (that the last name) when they miss Sunday School.....it's like no one is there. 3 of the 5 that are in SS are in my class! LOVE THEM ALL!
Old 06-27-2013, 01:11 PM   #401
Major LCF Poster!

hey girls-back home-busy day-I am bushed--worked at Moms and then had my hair done-it is hot and humid here--I am glad I am headed to the amish buffet tonite--I planned it last nite knowing I would be beat tonite--I am not planning on eating off plan however! Still no part found for the tractor--we got 5 plus inches of rain last nite--we may have to have our yard cut and baled for hay if this keeps going!

what plans for the weekend everybody? and then for the 4th? with the 4 on a Thursday it doesn't fit well for most people--well-Michelle-I am sure you don't celebrate our holidays and I am ashamed I know very little about yours! please enlighten us when you have them!

later
Old 06-28-2013, 04:09 AM   #402
Major LCF Poster!

good morning ladies--up early-need to take the grandtr to her practice--they are running early to beat the heat-I won't be her transportation too much longer--she will be driving herself-if her dad gives up the car/truck he bought for her--her other grandfather actually is talking about buying her first car when he visits next month too--glad he can afford to do that!

another hot day--we still haven't received a call that they have ordered our tractor part-still left wondering-I am thinking we are going to have to locate one ourselves.

I will be back to working in my closet-I think Sharon is on vacation-haven't found her either!
Old 06-28-2013, 08:36 AM   #403

5 inches of rain overnight??? WOW Girl, that is a bunch!
Old 06-28-2013, 08:39 AM   #404

me, VBS ends tonight. Haven has softball games all day Saturday, we have to be at the fields by 7:30 a.m...... no sleeping in Saturday! My parents decided that since the weather was to be so nice that they wanted to come for the games. They will arrive tonight and will spend the night then go to games Saturday with us. We are all excited about that. Will be nice to hang out with them for the day.

Sunday will be more games, no clue as to when. If they lose 3 on Saturday we are done. Now, do I secretly cheer for 3 losses? Then we have our Sunday all to ourselves! of coarse I will NOT do that! but a girl can dream secretly a bit, right?

Next week we have friends coming in from Texas for the holiday. We are canoeing on Thursday (7/4) then a BBQ that evening. Friday (7/5)- not sure what we will do. Probably play some games and generally just hanging out. Saturday(7/6) more hanging out and they plan to leave for home no later than 3:00 p.m. Sunday (7/7), clean things up as our friends from Springfield MO are coming in later in the day and plan to stay the entire week! :eeks: SUMMER is indeed a crazy time for us!
Old 06-28-2013, 08:39 AM   #405

Jeanne - how did you do at the Buffet last night?

Michelle - where are you girl? Miss chatting with you.
Old 06-28-2013, 09:42 AM   #406
Major LCF Poster!

wow--I would be in a panic with all that going on and figuring what my menu would be for each group!! and making lists of the lists that I would need to do!! you seem so pulled together--and yes I would secretly be hoping that there would be no games on sunday too!!! I would want a day to crawl into my hole and hibernate with nothing planned--do you ever want to do that or get to do that??? I am a hermit and enjoy my quiet time I guess--I think you get used to it after the kids leave home and there is peace and quiet is the norm.

I am hoping we at least go to the lake for a day trip over the holiday-the campgrounds will be filled and Bill doesn't even want to attempt getting into the non-electric like we did Memorial weekend--that would work for me but he said it will be too hot without AC-I really think it will be ok-the forecast is for cooler weather
Old 06-28-2013, 11:02 AM   #407
Major LCF Poster!

Hello Ladies! i'm here. It just seems lately I get to read what you guys are writing and then I get called away before I can respond. So very sorry about that.

Monica--- Once again I read your itinerary for the weekend and next week and I need a nap. I envy you and your energy and committment. I will whisper a secret prayer for 3 losses for you, then it won't be you who did it. LOL

Jeanne--I think you will have to locate that part yourself. It sounds like they didn't want to look for it from the get to. And that 5" of rain sounds horrible. One of our major cities in Canada (Calgary, Alberta)suffered severe flash flooding last weekend billions of dollars of damage. It is awful. Some of there water made it here to Manitoba some homes were lost but not as devastating as Calgary. The only good thing ,if you want to call it that, is that Calgary is a very wealthy city and should be able to pay for everything and quickly. They are in oil country. So money flows there like water, (no pun intended).

As for a little Canadian trivia it is our birthday celebration on July 1st. On Monday Canada will be 146 years old. I know we are spring chickens compared to you guys. So because the 1st lands on a Monday this year we have a long weekend this weekend. YIPPEE!!!!!!

No big plans here. We are off for the whole weekend. Marcel would like to go to the farmers market tomorrow and see what's new. We haven't been in a month. Then we are going to a fish store to buy some lobster tails on sale and gorge ourselves on cheap lobster for dinner. We have some yard work to get done and we are taking care of our neighbors place while they are on vacation. On Monday we are going to attend some street festivals and watch the fireworks. I'm sure there will be plenty of Ben walks too.

I'll be sure to check in and write more. Sorry girls

Have a great day!
Old 06-28-2013, 11:29 AM   #408

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbatchelor View Post
wow--I would be in a panic with all that going on and figuring what my menu would be for each group!! and making lists of the lists that I would need to do!! you seem so pulled together--and yes I would secretly be hoping that there would be no games on sunday too!!! I would want a day to crawl into my hole and hibernate with nothing planned--do you ever want to do that or get to do that??? I am a hermit and enjoy my quiet time I guess--I think you get used to it after the kids leave home and there is peace and quiet is the norm.
I do NEED my nothing planned days. They don't happen often, but when they do, you will find me FAT BOOTY planted on the couch, watching movies or TONS of DVR'd stuff that I want to watch on TV. Dennis is not one to EVER want nothing days. He will busy himself and then make me feel bad for doing nothing. I will even sometimes say...I know you will get up and do XXX but I am sitting here and am going to do NOTHING.

I think we have our menu planned for next week.

Thursday breakfast of eggs/sausage/crescents before canoeing and then BBQ Pulled pork with chips, salads and fruit for dinner.

Friday - Breakfast casserole, leftovers for lunch, dinner Mexican

Saturday - biscuits for breakfast and all leftovers for lunch before they leave.

Now, for the week after, NO CLUE! My assistant is off and that is after I have a 4 day weekend for July 4th. I will be up to my eye balls in paperwork/work so we may just let Ginny (my friend) cook. It's nice, but that woman (I LOVE HER LIKE A SISTER) but she is a tornado in the kitchen/house. Everywhere she goes she makes a mess and doesn't clean up after herself. Sometimes I am practically hyperventilating when I come home and start cleaning things up. GOD LOVE HER! Cleaning things, it just isn't her THING!
Old 06-28-2013, 11:32 AM   #409

Quote:
Monica--- Once again I read your itinerary for the weekend and next week and I need a nap. I envy you and your energy and committment. I will whisper a secret prayer for 3 losses for you, then it won't be you who did it. LOL

THANK YOU GIRL! That is great. I am actually very torn. WIth my parents coming, I sure would love for them to see some WINS, especially if Haven is pitching .... but, I then think of all day Sunday at the ball fields and change my thoughts!

Your long weekend sounds awesome. Happy 146th to you all! I say, enjoy the time, get some walks in, farmers market and EAT UP On the lobster. I am very jealous of that. Lobster here is YUCK, as we are not anywhere near an ocean! I love all seafood, so Think of me when you eat it!
Old 06-28-2013, 04:32 PM   #410
Major LCF Poster!

enjoy that 3 day weekend Michelle--it sounds lovely--and I agree with the lobster--gorge yourself with a couple for me--and the farmers market sounds like a fun time too! thanks for sharing your traditions and holiday with us!
Old 06-29-2013, 08:57 AM   #411

I wanted to come tell you all DS14 is in ONEderland!!! He weighed in today at 198.2. He was very exited as are we. I'll comment more later, but had to come tell you all
Old 06-29-2013, 09:09 AM   #412
Major LCF Poster!

:

That is simply wonderful--Tell T-we are celebrating ONEDERLAND with him!!! I know he is on cloud nine--what an accomplishment--he has worked hard for this and I am so proud! I see a celebration coming!! not with food! been there done that!
Old 06-29-2013, 06:14 PM   #413
Major LCF Poster!

WTG T! That is awesome! We knew he could do it! We are so proud of him.YEAAAAAAAA!!!!!!Where does he want to end up? Was onderland his goal? I am so happy for him!

Well day one of holiday is over. We did some yard work. Went to the farmers market and ended up buying a painting from an artist there that is Marcel's 3rd cousin. We bought it to give to his mom for her 83rd bday on July 4th. It would be her 2nd cousin. She told us last week she always wanted a painting from him but could not afford it. So we went to see him and worked out a pretty good deal on one, so she can say she owns one of his paintings. I hope she likes it. We went out for dinner and unfortuneately split a pizza and ice cream. I don't have T's willpower right now. I'll try again tomorrow. That should be my middle name.

Have a great evening girls.
Old 06-29-2013, 06:49 PM   #414
Major LCF Poster!

Marcel's Mom will love the original painting--such a thoughtful gift! I wish you could post a pic! I bet it is very unique and beautiful! good choice for sure!

Bill brought home a tractor from work tonite and put our mowing deck behind it--of course it was a fancy Kubota with an enclosed cab with air conditioning, music and lots of toys-it took no time to mow the yard--well-Chris came over today and mowed behind the pond and around the garden area early today so that was already done--but this thing is fast! much faster than my Massey! sure would be nice to have one-but that won't happen!
Old 06-29-2013, 07:08 PM   #415

Michelle that sounds like the perfect gift. I am sure his Mom will love it. I bet you can't wait to give it to her
Old 06-29-2013, 07:10 PM   #416

Jeanne so did you get to use the fancy borrowed tractor ???

Thanks guys. T was very excited. I believe his thought is to see if he can get to 185. He is well on his way !!!!
Old 06-29-2013, 07:13 PM   #417

Oh and Haven's team did lose all games today. 2 of the games were a loss by just 1. Oh well, we now have tomorrow to ourselves. Haven has one of her teammates staying with us for a few days. Dennis and I will do church and then get groceries . Heck we may even clean house.

Oh I almost forgot , I was channeling JEANNE last night, I moved our lawn . Entire time I was thinking won't Jeanne be proud?!?!
Old 06-30-2013, 08:56 AM   #418
Major LCF Poster!

Yep--proud as a peacock!! here I am doing my purging channeling you both and you are mowing doing me!! I tell you--we are good for each other!! our talents are rubbing off--now if both of you would make me tall like you are then I good quit dieting and I would just be so very happy being tall!

It was nice and cool here early and cloudy--I was going to go out and pull weeds but I let my window of time escape-we took back the tractor--I didn't even get inside-Bill is talking that we need to trade--I keep ignoring him! he never considers the bills! I wish he did! I would love to have a new one but I hate monthly payments!

anyway--I am hoping I get another cloudy cool morning to pull weeds--surely need to finish up out there soon.

I need to bake too--still haven't done that-plus put up some rhubarb-maybe today for the rhubarb.
Old 06-30-2013, 05:36 PM   #419

We did laundry today, started prepping food for this week and got groceries . It was beautiful here so we are outside by our fire pit. We roasted hot dogs on the pit and the girls made s'mores .

Didn't get the house cleaned, that's what tomorrow is for!!!
Old 06-30-2013, 05:37 PM   #420

Jeanne, I'd let you be taller as long as I don't have to give up any of my height !!!