Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2013, 06:00 PM   #331
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/172 /148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
Hope you are feeling better tonite Monica--you keep plugging along like a trooper! Has the heat hit your area yet? it is supposed to be in the mid 90s tomorrow with a heat index of 103 plus--I am not ready for this heat index stuff! glad I finished mowing today! I have mowed at nite with the headlights on when it gets this hot!

this would be the time to live up north with you Michelle--I would enjoy the summers I bet but not those winters!

I need to figure out something to cook tomorrow-I hate trying to figure that out

Monica-did you ever go pick berries? they have been on my mind-I need to make a berry something but I am still eating on those brownies I made-slowly! I ended up freezing them and I eat a piece or two a day-small pieces! takes care of my chocolate need

well-time for a little tv watching

Jeanne
jbatchelor is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-2013, 06:17 PM   #332
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: michelle204
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
Hope you are feeling better Monica. Have you heard aything from Haven? Do they have contact with you when they are at camp?
Jeanne---103 is too hot for sure. We are enjoying beautiful 75-80 deg. weather right now. Lots and lots of sunshine. How are your cravings now? Are you all settled in on track again? Most importantly...how are your sugar levels?

Nothing new here. I'm eating pretty much on plan, but not below 20 carbs yet. I don't know if I can get that low anymore. I should really lok into JUDDD since it is working so well for T and Monica. I don't know how to get through those down days though!

Have a good night ladies.
michelle204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:02 AM   #333
Major LCF Poster!

good morning gals

How are you feeling Monica?

Not back into ketosis yet Michelle-maybe today? or tomorrow for sure--I am back on plan at least and that is a good thing-blood sugar still in the one teens-as before-not sure why I cannot get them lower-I am still puzzled why when I am strict about the carbs-I don't think I could do JUDDD either on those down days-I just stick with what I know

doing laundry today and staying inside due to the heat!
Old 06-12-2013, 07:48 AM   #334
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Jeanne - we didn't go pick berries. Neither of the kids thought it sound fun at all! Go figure! With Haven gone this week, I know T would never go on his own with us. The heat is here. Yesterday was 95* I think Today, 97*. Summer has arrived! Summer is my LEAST favorite time of year. I love FALL, Spring, Winter! Then there's SUMMER! Such is.

Michelle the JUDDD board has tons of info. Let me know. I would gladly answer questions. It's not for all. You could even just try at his modified level of 1000c for DD's. That is really high for a lot of the girls on the board. Most of them do 200-400c . That's my kind of summer weather.

I am feeling much better. It was like I got GLUTEN only no diareha. ODD I think it was a virus or something working on me. Today, thus far, I feel good. I haven't eaten anything yet, so that will be the TRUE TEST! T is down to 202. OH so close to ONEderland! I can't wait for him to get there. I will throw a PARTY for him. By party I just mean, us all cheering him on. Not sure how low he wants to get after that. He is getting taller. Last week I was walking into the park with he/Dennis and I looked back at them and was SHOCKED how close in height they are. Dennis is 6 foot, so I am guessing T will get there AND pass him up! Thankfully, maybe he will grow into his feet. He wears a size 12 and walks like a penguin, they are just so big for him at his height!

Monica -Come see my journey!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:49 AM   #335

No contact with Haven, it isn't allowed. I did have mail for her to get each day. Plus my Mom, Sister, Marg and Janice were all going to mail her stuff too! She will love that all. SHe won't miss us, she will be sad to be home....which is fine, I guess!!!!
Old 06-12-2013, 12:16 PM   #336
Major LCF Poster!

hey girls-I am inside today literally--I can't get the door open going into the garage from the kitchen-I went out to the garage and barely got back into the kitchen-I noticed it felt like it was locked but then when I turned around and tried to go back out there to get something out of the freezer--it won't open! I tried a knife to make the latch budge but nothing works-it is locked without being locked if that makes sense? I am just thankful I was able to get back into the house the first time without being locked out without a key! it is way too hot today with being out and my purse and everything was inside! I knew I didn't want to work outside but this was a weird way to make sure I didn't---I need to hide a key out in the garage for this kind of thing!

Glad you are feeling better Monica--I am sure Haven is loving all the mail she is getting! T is so close to onederland--He is doing so great--I am as anxious for him to succeed and proud too! just awesome hearing of his successes!

time to fold some clothes-hoping for cooler weather tomorrow!

I
Old 06-12-2013, 07:01 PM   #337
Major LCF Poster!

Heat index made it to 103 today-yikes-not ready for this heat-I have some errands to do in mid-morning-hopefully it will be cooler-supposed to be if the rains come-so far they are north of us! I made a sweet onion pie-one of Linda Sue's recipes-we loved it!! I will be making that again-Bill wanted to know why it was so sweet-what I added to it--Nothing! just the onion was carmelized in the butter I guess? It was a vadalia onion--loves those...
Old 06-13-2013, 06:23 AM   #338

Jeanne - I am not an onion fan! Just not my thing! No offense, that onion pie sounds GROSS, now Dennis, he would love it!
Old 06-13-2013, 06:25 AM   #339

It's Thursday, my baby girl will be home tomorrow. I miss her, but I know she is LOVING LIFE! We got an email update from the church youth director. She said they were all having a great time. 2 a day swimming and tons of other activities! Haven is in HEAVEN! She will come back sad that it is done. Thankfully she is going to another church camp next month! LUCKY her! T and I went to the movies yesterday. We saw, Now you see it! I definitely recommend it. Very good movie kept me guessing till the very end! Yesterday's DD ended up a bit high, T had enough calories for popcorn at the movies, I couldn't let him eat alone We never use butter so that helps a bunch!

It's and UP DAY and book club night! YEAH! Love book club night, although I dislike the book we are reading. Camelot area and I just found out it is book #2 in the series. I don't think #1 would make it better.....I may not finish it. I also joined a YA book club on goodreads. Exciting!

Plans for the weekend girls?
Old 06-13-2013, 07:50 AM   #340
Major LCF Poster!

Getting ready to take off for errands-no plans for weekend-I would have loved to escape to the lake-but rain is forecast for both days-just catching up around here I guess-boring! I have enough to do believe me!

glad Haven will be home-I am sure you missed her! the movie with T sounds good-I love popcorn-too bad they don't make lowcarb popcorn! I could never stop at one cup! which would be low enough!

What about you Michelle--any plans?
Old 06-13-2013, 08:02 AM   #341
Major LCF Poster!

No plans here. Weather is suppose to be so so. Nice temps but possibly rain.

Jeanne is the only way in and out of your house through the garage? I thought you had a front door with a beautiful wreath on it? Your onion pie sounds delish to me. I love me some carmelized onions. I'll look into that.

Monica-- Yea for H. coming home. I'm sure she had a good time. And I know you missed her. I use to love reading, but over the past few years I have been having a problem with retention. I read a page and then forget stuff from it when I turn the page. It was feeling like I was reading the book 5 times just to comprehend it. Then in a matter of weeks I would forget everything I read. I have several books I have bought over the last few years and haven't even cracked them open. I think of it more as a chore now then a pleasure. I wish that would change.

Well off to work. Have a great day all.
Old 06-13-2013, 11:29 AM   #342
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle-I have 3 doors actually into and out of my house--I was just making a point that I needed to stay inside-lol!! Bill had to go buy a whole new door knob and latch-he couldn't just buy the inner workings! crazy!

I love to read--I have a problem with staying up all night and finishing a book however--my dad always did that also--he actually read most of the books in our local library! after he retired he did all of his reading--but then after he got alzheimers in one day he just quit reading-it was odd-that made the biggest difference in his outlook-it took away so much pleasure from him-we never did figure out if his brain didn't see the letters or if he couldn't recognize them? my brothers vision went bad and he couldn't see--he was the first person I had ever known that Alzheimers affected their vision? weird how it affects people differently.

Michelle-try reading again without putting that feeling of pressure on yourself--maybe it will be different? pick up a light short book..and try that.. I find reading so relaxing
Old 06-13-2013, 12:07 PM   #343

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbatchelor View Post
glad Haven will be home-I am sure you missed her! the movie with T sounds good-I love popcorn-too bad they don't make lowcarb popcorn! I could never stop at one cup! which would be low enough!
What about you Michelle--any plans?
ME EITHER!!!!!!!!
Old 06-13-2013, 12:14 PM   #344

Michelle - if you read like me. I average a book a week, then retention isn't an issue, they all start gelling together and I can't remember any of them once I close them and am DONE! I agree, try some easier reads. Like a YA series. They don't have HUGE complicated plots....might work!

Jeanne - how sad for both of them. That disease can cause issues in the strangest ways. A DR. at my home church where my parents live moved away. He was in his upper 50's and his wife in her mid 50's. Her name is Marg. Mom said they found out she has alzheimers only has nothing to do with memory. She lost almost complete use of her hands. When it started she visited Mayo clinic 3 times before they figured out it was alzheimers. They don't think she will ever regain the use of either of her hands. How sad. I think she's like 54 or 55. She has many children adults (from her first marriage) and grandchildren, then she and the DR have a daughter that is Tristan's age. Before she was diagnosed Mom said the 2 didn't get along. Mom/Teen issues. Since her diagnosis, her Daughter won't leave her side. Even sleeps on the floor in their room to make sure her Mom won't need for anything at night. Think about it, you can't really do anything without your hands. Horrible for her and so young!
Old 06-13-2013, 05:11 PM   #345
Major LCF Poster!

well--I wrote a post that isn't here-so very sad for that family-the stress is not a good thing dealing with that-I hope the family has lots of support--that is where a big family is a good thing!

well--my weekend just changed-Nate called on his way home from work-he and Lucas are coming my way in the morning-Rachel needs a break and some rest--so they are coming home without her for the weekend--I am looking forward to it--I will be exhausted I know and Monday I have to take Mom to Jasper for two appts but this will make the weekend go fast! Now to think about what all I need to do early in the morning! I need to make a list!
Old 06-14-2013, 06:28 AM   #346

OH HOW FUN! You get your DS and the Grandson all to yourself! FUN STUFF GIRL! Enjoy every moment of it! That is what life is for....

This weekend we are visiting friends in Springfield MO! I only work till noon today and then we go get Haven! I can't wait to see her. I have had a sad, missing feeling all week. I'm sure it is her being gone! We will hang with our friends tonight, tomorrow and then Sunday morning head to my Dad's. I think a late lunch is planned there with them. It will be a FUN weekend. Pool, BBQ, games, you name it! OH and I plan to read all the way there and such. I should get a lot of reading done too! LOVE IT!
Old 06-14-2013, 06:36 AM   #347
Major LCF Poster!

Have fun Monica--I know it will be sweet getting that special girl back with you again--I think we went to Springfield MO once-isn't that where the Bass Pro shop is? I can remember going there-neat place to visit at Christmas time-beautiful decorations there!

I am headed upstairs to straighten up and see what is needed--yes indeed I am looking forward to the weekend--told Nate to make sure he brings Lucas' swimsuit so he can get in the pool next door with the kids and also his fishing pole-he has Nate's old Snoopy pole that he had as a toddler that I kept-time for him to fish and we are planning on tractor rides and Polaris rides--should be a fun weekend--he is old enough now to enjoy some of the fun things! I am also thinking about a tire swing-I am sure there is an old tire in the barn-thinking, thinking! Papaw is going to be busy too!!!
Old 06-14-2013, 09:01 AM   #348

Yes that is where Bass Pro originates! OH that would be perfect! I loved TIRE swings when I was younger, HECK, I still do! Spoil that boy rotten! Give him kisses from ME!
Old 06-16-2013, 06:33 AM   #349
Major LCF Poster!

Good Sunday morning girls. It is a beautiful morning here. It's not suppose to stay that way, but I will take what I get. Not a lot new around here. I have been working lots, which I don't mind because it does mean some money is coming in. I went back to the farmer's market yesterday. When I went two weeks ago I had this lady there who makes purses, make me one like I bought from her last year, only bigger. So I went yestreday to pick it up. It's just made out of fabric, but she customs sews special pockets and handles and makes them any size you like in any fabric you like. She only charges $35.00 and they last and last. Can't go wrong with that. I am not one of these ladies who can pay hundreds of dollars for a purse or anything else for that matter.

Jeanne- How is the weekend with Nate and the grand baby. Are you having a blast? I'll bet you will be napping when their gone.

Monica--How was Haven's camp? I hope you are having a ton of fun with your friends this weekend.

Now it's time to catch up on some house chores before work tomorrow. I also have a chiro appt. and am donating blood too tomorrow. Sounds a little busy for me I know.

Have a great Father's Day gals.
Old 06-16-2013, 01:52 PM   #350
Major LCF Poster!

small break -Nate and Lucas went next door to play with Colton before he goes home--he loves playing with his cousin-even with the age difference they seem to really get along together well-Colton loves having a cousin!

I am pooped- you are right Michelle-I would love to take a long nap but since it is almost 4 here now-I doubt that will happen--need to shower and later and get ready for tomorrows doctor appts-mom has two and is going to try for a third with the eye doc-she has scratching in one of her eyes and needs to be seen so if she can get in to see the eye doc-we will have 3 appts in Jasper tomorrow-a long day since she also wants to shop at walmart and dollar tree! I would love to stay home and snooze-all day-a pj day sounds wonderful-maybe Tuesday lol!

your new purse sounds like a custom made original Michelle--a wonderful bargain too--post a pic for us! I love a good deal and sounds like you found one!

I found some poison ivy or something--the last time I got some it spread and I had a mess-hopefully it won't get that bad this time! dang weed pulling!

time to run--later
Old 06-16-2013, 02:08 PM   #351
Major LCF Poster!

Take car of that poison ivy. I've never had it but I have seen some peolple with it and it wasn't pretty.
I LOVE PJ DAYS TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-17-2013, 06:52 AM   #352

Michelle - your purse sounds LOVELY! I bet getting it custom made makes it perfect. Pockets just where you need them. So glad to hear work is picking up. Maybe the tide has turned??? Yes, do post a picture!

Jeanne - sounds like a busy weekend and an even busier Monday. So glad your Mom has you to help her out. I know that's what my Mom did for her mom! Don't let that poison ivy get bad girl. I have a friend that it gets so bad on her, it oozes and spreads it over more of her BODY and she can even then transfer it to her husband. I never thought it was possible till I met them! It happens!

Haven had a great time at camp. Her first words to us were LITERALLY, I didn't miss you! She had a blast. Loved every single minute of it. We picked her up, threw 1 load of her clothes in the washer while I packed her another bag for the weekend. We were on the road by 2:00! We had a great time in Springfield. Friday night the girls swam and we adults just hung out. I got to spend time with my old College roommate too! Saturday we had a late start, then the boys (T and Carson) went to the movies. They stayed to see Superman and then Iron Man 3. WHile they were there (6 hours) the rest of us went to a ceramics studio. We had a blast. This place is so cool, even me, the NON CRAFTY One had fun. I made a chip/dip platter and then Dennis made 4 plates to match it! Haven had a flip flop thing, a mug and then a plate. She freehanded a wonderful cross on it then wrote in large letters GOD! Saturday it rained all day (record of 9 inches) so no pool. Saturday night we played games and laughed. We left Springfield Sunday morning at 10:30 a.m. Headed to my parents house (2 hours away) we celebrated Father's day. We did lunch out and then back to the house to play games. We didn't leave there house till 8:00 p.m. Got home late but it was worth it.

Now Monday to work to RECOVER! OH and BUNCO is tonight. LOVE THAT!
Old 06-17-2013, 12:55 PM   #353
Major LCF Poster!

Wow Monica...an action packed weekend as always. And not only action packed but fun packed as well. I'm sure Haven missed you a little bit, she just didn't want to say it. You two are so close she would have had to miss her split apart. Have a great time at BUNCO tonight.

Jeanne---How are all those errands and apoointments going. I hope you get everything done that you want and need to. I hope you get that pj day tomorrow to recoup.

It's a beautiful day here. I started it off with yard work and now I'm on my way to chiro and blood services after. Have a great day girls.
Old 06-17-2013, 02:01 PM   #354
Major LCF Poster!

hey girls-I am home! we made it thru all those appts ! Mom didn't need the eye doc after all-she said the drops I put in her eye Saturday nite when she was out here did the trick! glad it worked-we picked up some eye drops at Dollar tree today-always good to have some lubricating drops around! she forgot her list today but I hope we got most of everything she needed?

Monica-sounds like a great weekend with the family! I am like Michelle-I know Haven was glad to be back with her family!

well-I finally stepped on the scale today-still .5 lbs above where I was 2 weeks ago due to that Chinese buffet episode-so it is still the after effect of gluttony! I have to keep paying the price of one day of stupidity! I will learn someday that one day of satisfying my sweet tooth is not worth 2 weeks of trying to work it off! or more!

time to get these clothes off and get comfortable! later
Old 06-18-2013, 07:04 AM   #355

Michelle - did you enjoy your day yesterday??? How are things going at the chiro? Honestly, I don't think Haven misses us. I think she will be one that can easily be gone all summer long. If she ever decides not to do all summer softball, I totally see her working a camp with kids as she gets older. She just loves it so much.

Jeanne - did you get in your PJ's and relax? I sure hope you did!

it's Tuesday. bunco was fun last night. we all dressed up as it was in a banquet facility one of the girls works at. Next month we are doing a PJ theme. I will prefer the PJ's to a dress. I never , ever dress up anymore. I don't have to for work and rarely do for church anymore. I stayed up too late last night after Bunco reading, I just couldn't put the book down......I plan on finishing that book up tonight and I have a hold placed on Book #2 in that series with the library. Hopefully it comes in soon.
Old 06-18-2013, 07:21 AM   #356
Major LCF Poster!

hello friends--I am home today!!! and no reason to leave!! I bought a fried chicken at Walmart yesterday since I was gone all day--it was really good-has anyone else tried one of those? I usually get one of their rotessiere (sp) chickens but I always end up cooking them to get them totally done-YUCK--so this way I had hoped to get one totally done-and it was! and good-I ate the batter-so I hope I stayed under carbs even with the batter??? I will have to be extra low today!

We had rain last evening so I am not sure I will get to mow -maybe this evening? I have plenty to keep me busy today!

Monica-bunco sounds like fun-I would have more fun at pj party party too--I am a casual type of person-give me a pair of shorts and t-shirt and I am happy!

Michelle-are you getting any relief from the chiro appts? how are those headaches? I keep thinking I will try one for my sciatica-but just don't make the call!

My bloodwork at the doctor turned out ok-my blood sugar there was 117-thankfully not into the diabetes range but the same type readings I have been having at home--I really don't want higher readings on my chart! he was not concerned as long as it wasn't over 125 he said--silly man-I wish docs would be concerned with pre-diabetes!!!

time to move and get started
Old 06-18-2013, 12:26 PM   #357

Jeanne - have a great day girl. My kids love fried chicken. We recently ordered OH Boys here in town which is GF fried chicken. WE all lapped it up! Hey girl, if the DR isn't worried, then you shouldn't be
Old 06-18-2013, 03:22 PM   #358
Major LCF Poster!

Monica--my endo who takes care of my thyroid cancer-who used to also treat diabetic patients but it became overwhelming for her-told me I need to try and get my blood sugar into the 85 point range if I didn't want to have any issues later in life--which I knew-I have seen too many people with strokes, missing toes, etc because they didn't worry about their elevated blood sugars-that is why even pre-diabetes is not good-it just seems to develop into diabetes routinely if you don't get it down!! that is why my numbers are NOT good--I hate them! and this doc is not an endo--just a gp--so he is not smart enough to know this is not a good thing--my numbers on the last three visits show I am pre-diabetic but he is not picking up on it--he should be getting real serious!

well-tomorrow is a mowing day--I stayed inside today and did laundry and piddled--enjoyed my inside day! hopefully tomorrow won't be too hot! Never heard of OH Boys--GF chicken--hmmm you have access to everything in the big city!!!

Last edited by jbatchelor; 06-18-2013 at 03:24 PM..
Old 06-18-2013, 04:10 PM   #359
Major LCF Poster!

I am just beat today. This always happens after I give blood. I'm tired for a few days. Chiro went well. Oh have to go !I'll check back in when I get home. Work comes 1st.
Old 06-19-2013, 06:23 AM   #360
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle-you are so faithful giving blood--such a wonderful thing to do--I applaud you for your actions!

we had a big rain last nite-I will mow later in the day when it dries out some -and it isn't supposed to rain today

later gator