Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2013, 06:46 AM   #301
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/177 /148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
Good morning girls-I guess a farmers market is NOT the place to be then? I am better off planting a garden?

well-I finally made it back into the 160s girls-it was a hard battle-hopefully I can stay there-it's sure not coming off fast that's for sure-slow as a turtle! Bill wanted to go to Ponderosa this weekend-he is a buffet addict-I talked him out of that-the dessert bar there would have been too much for me to resist-I know me to well!

Bill has about 4 1/2 years to retirement-he is counting the days -I am looking forward to it also actually-I want to travel and see our country and it is has been my goal to see all of our National parks.

Yay for T--crossing that milestone into wonderland will be so meaningful for him-he is so close-that is such a big step-it won't be long... we are rooting for him!

time to get busy-later girls

Jeanne
jbatchelor is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2013, 08:31 AM   #302
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: michelle204
Stats: 262/187/170
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
Congratulations to both Jeanne and T. Jeanne I know how hard it has been to get to the 160s you must be so happy. I know I am so happy for you. And T., what a guy.Resisting all those extra calories. That is terrific.

It's not such a bad day here weather wise so I decided to stay home and get some yard work done. My bird baths are filthy. If I was a bird I wouldn't bathe in themI'll talk to you ladies later. Have a great day!
michelle204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:03 PM   #303
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
I agree, WAY TO GO JEANNE! You are doing great and talking BILL out of the buffet was a GREAT idea!

Enjoy your day off MICHELLE!!!!! I wish I was off. Haven went to Worlds of Fun (amusement park in KC) with the sitter. I would have loved to have gone too!
zipp2play is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 01:23 PM   #304
Major LCF Poster!

Well I have mowed the lawn, painted three plastic outdoor chairs, some de-weeding, walked Ben, did some grocery shopping for staples, cleaned the patio table and set it for dinner outside, and now I need a nap. Whew!!!! I am getting older. That wouldn't have wiped me out a few years ago.
Old 06-04-2013, 05:36 AM   #305

Michelle - it makes me tired just reading all you did!

It's Tuesday, step better than Monday! We didn't go to strawberry patch last night, Haven was too tired. She was wiped out from all the walking/rides. WE just hung out instead. I am almost done with my book....i really tried. Only 15 more pages left.

It's a rainy Tuesday here!
Old 06-04-2013, 06:41 AM   #306
Major LCF Poster!

Did you finish the book Monica?
Which one was it?
I have never been strawberry picking. Is it fun? or like work?

Off to work, but I really don't wan to go. But I have to, so see you later ladies.
Old 06-04-2013, 06:51 AM   #307
Major LCF Poster!

your rain is headed our way Monica!

Michelle--sounds like you accomplished a whole lot yesterday-eating on the patio sounds romantic too!

I am headed to do errands and then back to mow and pull weeds--Mom wants me to come today but I am putting her off if I can-just need to do some things here-maybe tomorrow I can go there if the rain holds off?

have a great day ladies
Old 06-04-2013, 11:21 AM   #308

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle204 View Post
Did you finish the book Monica?
Which one was it?
I have never been strawberry picking. Is it fun? or like work?

Off to work, but I really don't wan to go. But I have to, so see you later ladies.
We didn't strawberry pick last night. GUESSING the kids will find it like work and Dennis and I will find it fun! I didn't finish the book, it is the 14th book in the Morganville vampire series Fall of Night I believe is the name.

Don't work too hard today!
Old 06-04-2013, 11:22 AM   #309

Jeanne - you don't work too hard either. Dennis mowed last night and it has been rainy off and on today. Lately the grass is just growing so fast due to all the wet!
Old 06-04-2013, 01:40 PM   #310
Major LCF Poster!

Mom refused to be put off-went there and helped her-and then we went to the cemetery and anchored flowers to Dad's monument-she went by herself last week when we were gone camping an didn't do a good job-so I redid to her satisfaction-where do I get my OCD? then went back to her house and replaced screens --she is all set for awhile-I then went to the bank and grocery and then back to mow--I almost got it done before I decided to quit-it was getting warm--hopefully tomorrow I can finish around the pond and call it good for another week!

yummy fresh strawberries---sounds good to me--I love them with whipped cream! pick some for me! I can't see Bill going with me doing that--I have always wanted to plant some in the garden and he refuses to have them there-too much work he says! oh well-I just buy when I can! enjoy!!! strawberries and blueberries--I did order 6 raspberry plants--only 4 lived-I am anxious to see what I can do with those!

cya later
Old 06-05-2013, 06:39 AM   #311

Well, we didn't do the strawberry patch. It seems it's just Dennis and I that think it would be awesome to go picking them on our own. We old people have odd ideas of what is fun, don't believe me, ASK my children!

T got his summer schedule. He will only have to work T Th afternoons. He was pleased with that. They also said as vacations come, they would like to call him in when they get too busy. He was good with that too!

Not much else going on here. Next week Haven is at church camp M - F, she can't wait. Next week will be really quiet without her at home.

Monica -Come see my journey!
Old 06-05-2013, 07:05 AM   #312
Major LCF Poster!

I remember when my boys went to church camp--they loved-I was the lonely one! I am sure you will be also--she will have a ball! I am sure the kids would not enjoy the strawberry picking like you would--they will love them later this winter tho when you bring them out of the freezer--you can remind them then! WTG for T and his summer schedule--I guess that leaves a good amount of time for fun too! what is he having his money for? a vehicle? Cassidy gets to start driving alone next month--look out--I really don't think she has had enough driving--they don't seem to let her drive very often--she will soon be getting more than enough! Nate had two small crashes when he was 16 and then he has had none thankfully since then--I was beginning to think we were in major trouble!

I have been out mowing already--and headed back out there-it's a battle I tell ya!

later girls
Old 06-06-2013, 04:26 AM   #313
Major LCF Poster!

good morning girls-a little rain here this morning! I finished up mowing yesterday-and it got too warm and humid to pull many weeds-didn't take me long to stop-plus we have those buffalo gnats or whatever you call those nasty biting things-they are supposed to be gone by July-sure do hope so-we have had them the last few years and I wish we never had to deal with them--Nate doesn't have them in Indy-so I guess it is regional due to the heat further south and the moisture we get for sure-the farmers are sure having a time getting things planted--our back ten acres hasn't even been sprayed for weeds yet-let alone planted-not sure it's going to make it this year!

anything special going on for the weekend? I really want to go camping again but the rain and the price of gas will prevent that--our gas prices went up to 4.25 on the news yesterday-makes me stop driving-supposedly due to maintenance at refinery--I think that maintenance should always be a planned event and there are reserves--I think it is just a way to price gouge... rant over.

Bill has already requested to go to the amish buffet tonite-I guess it is in the cards-can't talk him out of it again!

have a great day ladies!
Old 06-06-2013, 06:01 AM   #314

Jeanne - don't even get me started on the RACKET that is our gas/oil supplies. It is a load of CRAP. Companies making in the BILLIONS each quarter but think they should mess with supply to keep driving the prices up! BS is what I say !

It's FRIDAY - EVE! Weekend is softball. 2 games Friday night, 2 games Saturday night and games Sunday morning. I will go Friday/Saturday and Sunday I will stay home with T. He even agreed to go to the game tomorrow night. SHOCKING REALLY!
Old 06-06-2013, 06:10 AM   #315
Major LCF Poster!

I'm with you Monica on the oil "business". They are just as bad as the banks. I like the way they can say we only made a few 100 million dollars this quarter so we are going to have to raise interest rates or lay off people or what have you. Well now my blood will be boiling for a while. BTW gas here is $5.44 a gallon. We don't travel anywhere.
Everything here is same ol same ol. Off to work, I'm hoping to get out early yo enjoy the day but making a dollar comes first.I'll check in later.

I need to finish this journey once and for all!
I know somewhere inside of me I have the strength and commitment...I just need to find it.

Michelle
Old 06-06-2013, 10:21 AM   #316
Major LCF Poster!

yikes--that is terrible Michelle--I know we would never go camping at that rate--not with this 4plus dollar rate-you would never know that people have an issue with gas prices when you drive thru the campground-big enormous rigs that cost who knows what-I guess if you can afford those-you don't worry about gas prices--makes me wonder if we made a mistake buying ours-but we don't do anything except in the summer and fall-and not often then-still-makes me wish it didn't cost so much!!

another softball weekend--enjoy those games-it ends all too soon!

Michelle--I understand why you don't travel--way too high-nothing wrong with being a homebody--I consider myself one--I am happiest at home

well-just lost half of my post-how does that happen???? anyway-time to get busy-I haven't done anything yet-and now it's too humid to work outside! yippee!

Bill brought me home some new spray the guys at work were using--it's called BUGGINS! all natural-smells good and supposed to keep those biting gnats away--better than flowers!

later girls

Last edited by jbatchelor; 06-06-2013 at 10:33 AM..
Old 06-06-2013, 10:57 AM   #317

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle204 View Post
I'm with you Monica on the oil "business". They are just as bad as the banks. I like the way they can say we only made a few 100 million dollars this quarter so we are going to have to raise interest rates or lay off people or what have you. Well now my blood will be boiling for a while. BTW gas here is $5.44 a gallon. We don't travel anywhere.
Everything here is same ol same ol. Off to work, I'm hoping to get out early yo enjoy the day but making a dollar comes first.I'll check in later.
WOW that is high Michelle! It is CRAP I hear ya
Old 06-07-2013, 05:24 AM   #318

It is FRIDAY ladies! We have softball tonight, tomorrow night and Sunday morning. Thankfully we don't play tomorrow till 5:00 so we have the morning to sleep in and do stuff at the house! I LOVE THAT!
Old 06-07-2013, 05:58 AM   #319
Major LCF Poster!

overcast and cloudy today-might end up outside if the humidity isn't too bad this morning--always something to do!

enjoy your weekend girls
Old 06-08-2013, 06:31 AM   #320
Major LCF Poster!

Enjoy your softball games Monica. Go Haven Go!

Jeanne---How's that bug spray working?

Not much new here. Weigh in was horrible but not unexpected. I have been doing my best to pack on weight and I got what I desereved. Maybe this week will be better. Btit sure looks like another challenge where I gain weight instead of lose it!!
Old 06-08-2013, 08:28 AM   #321
Major LCF Poster!

Hang in there Michelle--you have almost a month before the challenge ends--you can lose a good amount in that time--don't give up-never give up--you can do this--I know you can! I have seen your determination-it will happen for you!

I have been having high blood sugar readings in the last few weeks-I think that is what is keeping my on the straight and narrow-today's reading is even into the diabetic range at 128! I have no clue what is going on-I have been reading about the dawn phenom but not sure if that is playing a part-I have been having routine readings in the 1 teens-and haven't been able to get them under 100 at all-I still have resisted exercise-but I need to try some evening exercise and some morning breakfast-I don't eat breakfast at all-but have also read that that will help with the elevated blood sugars in the am? it is worth a try... anyway-I think having those elevated is what is keeping me more cognizant of staying on the woe and not straying-I even had to put the cookies I love into the cookie jar yesterday and the smell certainly got to me--but I didn't partake of any because I thought about my blood sugar--I hope that in itself will keep me staying the course.. I have to have something sweet though-I do have a little serving of ice cream and will be baking lowcarb items-it is the only way for me!

well-time to get busy-it is a beautiful day here--tomorrow we are supposed to have rain!
Old 06-09-2013, 05:58 PM   #322

Michelle I'm sorry about the scale. You can focus and as Jeanne indicated , you still have a month.

Jeanne - so sorry about the blood sugar readings . Exercise is really good for lowering blood sugar. It's worth a try . You don't eat breakfast ? That gets the day started girl.

I had a good weigh in, 167 even. Not sure how it happened, but I will take it . Being in the 160's is huge for me . Major milestone.
Old 06-10-2013, 04:58 AM   #323
Major LCF Poster!

look at you Monica--3 lbs away from goal!!! you are almost there--you will make it to goal by the end of the challenge!!! so proud of you girlie!! keep it going! woohoo--rooting for you and T!!

Now for the confession--I went to the Chinese buffet when we went to Evansville shopping yesterday--I blew it-so I am not getting on the scale-I can gain 5lbs overnite plus-and I know I probably did-no sense in depressing myself further than I am--just going to try to forget it and kick myself totally today--my sugar is way high-and I am having blood drawn this morning for the doctor visit next week-not a good thing-I am upset with myself today!
Old 06-10-2013, 05:56 AM   #324

Jeanne - It is LIFE! Don't kick yourself girl. You did it, move on! Maybe you should do some of your LC baking? Don't fret it girl....

We had a good weekend. Fright night softball, Saturday lunch with some friends from TX, Saturday night softball, Sunday I did softball till 3:00 with Haven and Dennis stayed with T and did church and archery. Then we had Dalton over (our Little brother throught Big Brothers/Big Sisters) for pizza and fun!
Old 06-10-2013, 05:57 AM   #325

Haven leaves for church camp at noon today! She is so excited. She will love each and every minute of it. Swimming, crafts, projects, outdoor stuff. Further proves my children are POLAR opposites, T hated church camp and threaten to RUN AWAY if we ever sent him again!
Old 06-10-2013, 12:04 PM   #326
Major LCF Poster!

WTG Monica. You are going to make it to goal and we will be here to cheer you across the finish line. So So proud of you.

Jeanne--- Like Monica said. Let it go or it will eat you up. Bake some coconut pie and move on. You will get back on that wagon and join Monica at the finish line in just a little while. You just need to keep yourself some baking to keep you satisfied. Keep the chin high and move on. But watch your sugar levels. That is the most important part for sure.
Old 06-10-2013, 01:44 PM   #327

Michelle - how was your weekend?
Old 06-10-2013, 05:23 PM   #328
Major LCF Poster!

My weekend was so so. The hilight was taking Ben to the park where they were having a BBQ for dogs. He was so happy running around with 100s of other dogs. Other than that I really didn't do anything. I certainly do not have as exciting of a life as you.
Old 06-11-2013, 04:19 AM   #329
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks for your understanding and helpful thoughts girls-I was so depressed I went to bed at 4:30 yesterday and slept all night! very unusual for me! I must have needed it!

will be headed out to mow shortly-the temps are supposed to be in the 90s tomorrow-I can't mow when it is that hot-I have to do it when cooler-today only in the high 80s but that even is too warm so I must be out there early

I think that bbq for dogs sounds like such fun--Dolly would have loved it--she loves going camping and meeting the other dogs there--odd that she doesn't seem to like dogs as well when they come on her turf! must be her protective or jealous thing coming out?? but she is friendly to all of them camping--go figure?
Old 06-11-2013, 05:13 AM   #330

Jeanne - I was in bed asleep by 7:00 last night. I think I am battling something. I'm achy and such, but no fever. TIRED though.

Michelle - I am sure your doggie loved that. My life consists of running my kids here and there.

It's Tuesday. I am still not feeling the best. Not sure what it is. Was asleep at 7:00 and didn't wake till 5:00 a.m. I could barely make it through our walk this morning. Not sure what is up. I will keep on plugging away !

Quiet at our house without Haven!