Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2013, 02:53 PM   #271
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: michelle204
Stats: 262/187/190/170
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
I hope you guys had a great memorial weekend holiday. What did you end up doing? How was your weather? No it was not a holiday for us. That was last weekend.

It was pretty dreary and cool here this weekend. Finally the tulips pop up. That is very late even for us.

I havne't been feeling all that well. I don't know if it's a side effect of the amoxcillan or what, but it seems I have a rash all over my body that gets seriously inflamed if I touch it. Very weird! Also my stomach has been upset since the medication too. Maybe I have some sort of allergy to the medication??? Oh well life goes on as boring as it is.

Oh the other thing I did this weekend was get all the paperwork in order for our business year end to pass on to our accountant. That is always stressful. I'm glad that's over.

Time for dinner. I'll check in later.

I need to finish this journey once and for all!
I know somewhere inside of me I have the strength and commitment...I just need to find it.

Michelle
michelle204 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-2013, 03:46 AM   #272
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/174.5 /148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
Honey I'm home! back from camping a day early--we had planned on staying another night but storms were due to roll in so even though we had paid--we came home last nite--I really would like to stay home and catch up today but will take Mom to Jasper today for her business and do some shopping for her.. she is looking forward to it.. I enjoyed our time away and Bill is home this week so we will get some things done here too I hope? not sure what he has in mind?

I stayed on plan all weekend and still haven't lost much-I feel like I have though-the clothes are much looser--still not down into the 160s--it sure is fighting me getting there--I lost a pound which is on target with what I want to lose but I was expecting more since we did a lot of walking with Dolly and I ate much less than when I am at home! grr..

Michelle--wish you weren't feeling so poorly--I am sure it is the antibiotics--they can really upset your system-you might get some probiotics to try and get back to feeling better-I take them daily--hope you feel better soon-hugs

Monica--a busy weekend for you sportswise? How did Haven do? How is T doing on JUDDD now ? I am sure he is still hanging in there--your children are amazing. the nut doesn't fall far from the tree as they say!

it feels good to be connected again to you guys--I actually didn't even try to see if we were able to get a connection-It felt good to be disconnected for awhile! although I took my computer and never even tried.

cya back soon

Jeanne
jbatchelor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 05:29 AM   #273
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Michelle - hopefully things will clear up now that you finished up the meds. That stinks girl. Way to get the paperwork all gathered and done. I am dure it is a great feeling to have it DONE!

Jeanne - Glad you enjoyed your camping weekend. Whatever will you put BILL to do working on this week? I am sure the HONEY DO list is long! It rained 2 inches here yesterday. Thankfully Haven's team was done already in the tournament or we would have been at the ball park under the shelter wishing it would stop raining!

Our weekend was good. My parents left Friday afternoon. I got to hang with a dear friend of mine who lives in Omaha. She is in town (her sister lives here) with her kids helping her sister take care of her 3 boys. Her sister got BITE by a snake and was in the hospital all last week for it. WTH!?!?!?!?! Anyway, I got a good 2 hours of chatting time with her at the park where we let the kids run free and play hard.
Saturday was ALL DAY at the ball fields. WE won 1 and lost 2. Sunday we were at the fields again at noon and then we had a break till 8:00 p.m. One of the other girls asked if Haven could hang with them, so Dennis and I headed home (45 minute drive). We convinced T to come back and watch the late game with us. They lost both so that meant no games yesterday.

Monday we woke at 8:15 a.m. (that is SUPER late to me) to rain showers. Ended up getting 2 inches. It was a nice steady rain for numerous hours. Dennis and I went grocery shopping and at 2:00 H had 3 friends over for a sleepover. They watched a couple movies, ate pizza and GIGGLED a LOT! The girls will go home after dinner tonight.

SUMMER has BEGUN here! Nanny will be at the house around 11;00 this morning.

Missed you guys! I tried to stay away from the computer. It felt nice!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rt-2-a-13.html
zipp2play is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 05:37 AM   #274

Forgot to mention, T is down to 209 so that means 16 pounds lost so far. He stays the coarse really well. Never just tosses the calculator and just eat. He counts it all. I told him the other night, you keep this up you will need an entirely new wardrobe once it's time to go back to school. His shirts are now starting to HANG on him!
Old 05-28-2013, 05:37 AM   #275

I keep reminding him to remember he is also growing taller as he is losing so the number on the scale doesn't tell the entire truth!
Old 05-29-2013, 05:43 AM   #276

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
Forgot to mention, T is down to 209 so that means 16 pounds lost so far. He stays the coarse really well. Never just tosses the calculator and just eat. He counts it all. I told him the other night, you keep this up you will need an entirely new wardrobe once it's time to go back to school. His shirts are now starting to HANG on him!
Right after I posted this yesterday, he texted me with a new lower number! He's down to 206! He was so excited! I am so proud of him. He follows and stays completely focused!

How's everyone here today?
Old 05-29-2013, 05:43 AM   #277

Jeanne - how was shoppping with MOM yesterday?

Michelle - how's the tooth? How's the neck? Update us when you can!
Old 05-29-2013, 05:44 AM   #278

It's a DD here. I brought a bunch of options. Hoping that will help me!
Old 05-29-2013, 06:46 AM   #279
Major LCF Poster!

WTG T! Let him know we are so proud of him and that I am going to try to follow his example of determination.

The sun is shining here today So it should be a good day.

As for my ailments..... I feel like a huge complainer lately. I am tired of being that whiner. So I'm going to give you guys a break from my belly aching.

I hope you guys have a great day, but I'm off to work for now!
Old 05-29-2013, 09:50 AM   #280
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle--we are the place to share-please don't think you can't do it all here--good, bad , ugly... we share-don't be keeping those things to yourself!

I am wearing a brace on my wrist today--old age strikes a new area--Bill says its a tendon-he knows! so I am working in the yard once again-pulling the never ending weed-and putting down mulch-it never ends--my new house will have no landscaping!! or a gardener!

WTG-for T!!! I am a super proud auntie! that young man is doing fabulous --he makes me proud to know him--it has to be hard with being young but he is doing it!!

Bill and I went to Mexican last nite and celebrated our anniversary which was the 27th--20 years have flown by and I really wanted a margarita but didn't want to blow it--last nite I couldn't sleep and I also almost raided the donuts but again I didn't--must be T's influence on me!!

well--I have spent 2 hours on one small section of my landscaping--again--I don't think PREEN is working well this year? I will never get down--but thankfully Bill is mowing this week and working in the garden so I can focus on doing this--I am still not caught up putting things away and laundry from camping--not enough time in the days it seems.

later girls--have a great one
Old 05-29-2013, 11:02 AM   #281

Michelle, I asked because I was wondering and wanting to know how you were! Please do share!

Jeanne - way to stay the coarse! You are doing great. Do you think maybe the Preen needs to be reapplied due to all the rain? Sorry you couldn't sleep last night. DARN IT!

Summer is here and the kids are up late and I tend to stay up due to that. GRRRR Hoping that I stop doing that quickly! Last night Dennis was on a rampage with both T and H, putting stuff away, not hassling each other. I finally was like, DENNIS their siblings. they wouldn't be normal if they didn't HASSLE each other!

I will tell T what you all said. II too was very happy for him! Plus he got an official uniform from the Vet office. He now has scrubs with the vet clinic logo! Guess they plan on keeping him around.
Old 05-29-2013, 02:11 PM   #282
Major LCF Poster!

Scrubs make it official--he is a permanent fixture there--they are thrilled to have him--the only thing is--they should have waited a tad longer--he is going to need smaller scrubs--those will be baggy before too long!!

Monica-I am going to start reading about gluten free--when I find the time--I am wondering what you do for sandwiches--I do use a lot of lowcarb tortillas--I am trying to figure out what I would use for bread substitute? I am wondering if the weight is not coming off due to some wheat issues? anyway-I am thinking it is something I might try soon.
Old 05-30-2013, 06:10 AM   #283
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning ladies.

Jeanne --I wouldn't want your gardener job. It really is un-ending, but I'm guessing you have the finest yard in the neighborhood. I hope you give us pictures soon. Right now we are just trying to grow grass wgere we levelled off the yard last year. I think that will be are only yard effort this year. If we finish the grass issues this year then maybe next year we'll work on flowers and such.

Monica--- Like I said, T is my inspiration! I was dieting when I was his age too, but I was stupid and irresponsible. I went on starvation diets. I was down to no more than 500 cal a day. What an idiot, but my mother encouraged it, because she didn't like a fat daughter. Thanks mom!RIP

Today is month end at work and pouting, looking out the window at the rain. Other than that same ol same ol. I have not been as diligent as you Jeanne. I have done some caving in this week. But if I just think of T and his determination maybe I'll get on track more sooner then later.

Have a great day all!
Old 05-30-2013, 06:14 AM   #284

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbatchelor View Post
Monica-I am going to start reading about gluten free--when I find the time--I am wondering what you do for sandwiches--I do use a lot of lowcarb tortillas--I am trying to figure out what I would use for bread substitute? I am wondering if the weight is not coming off due to some wheat issues? anyway-I am thinking it is something I might try soon.
Most GF breads are CRAP! Nasty dry/dense. I have found a millet chia bread that is tolerable. I only eat it by making toast or grilling up a sandwich. It has to be kept frozen so that doesn't lend well to fresh. KWIM?

Let me know if you have any questions. I am full of GF BS!
Old 05-30-2013, 06:19 AM   #285

Quote:
Monica--- Like I said, T is my inspiration! I was dieting when I was his age too, but I was stupid and irresponsible. I went on starvation diets. I was down to no more than 500 cal a day. What an idiot, but my mother encouraged it, because she didn't like a fat daughter. Thanks mom!RIP
I am sure your MOM was doing what she thought was best. My Mom, when I was T's age, put us on a diet. I was given 3 oreo cookies and milk for breakfast. Lunch was 2 of the rectangular club crackers (the full sheet, I think 8 little crackers on it) and an apple. Dinner was just whatever she made us. I did lose 20 pounds, but at what cost? I have hypoglycemia (something we didn't know) so I had no protein till Dinner time. I don't know how I functioned at school. I do remember begging people for bites of their lunch during lunch. Bless her heart! Eating is something she has struggled with too! She passed it right along to us, her FAT daughters. My sister had gastric bypass about 7 years ago. Lost 110 pounds. Now through all her cancer/surgery's she has put on a TON of weight. I feel badly for Nic. With the surgery, she never LEARNED how to properly eat. That is why I am horribly against gastric surgery's. IF you don't fix the problem you can certain put the weight back on over time.
Old 05-30-2013, 06:20 AM   #286

It's FRIDAY - EVE girls! Plans for the weekend.

OH and it's BOOK CLUB night for me! I love my book club now. The people mix is out of the normal zone for me. At first I didn't think I would gel well with it. MAN was I wrong. I always look forward to seeing the girls every other Thursday!
Old 05-30-2013, 12:19 PM   #287
Major LCF Poster!

wow-we do have issues don't we? I was on the other end of the spectrum--I had a mother and still do--that always wanted me to eat and be heavier than her--to this day--she tries every time we eat out-to make me eat something off her tray -this won't hurt you--she knows very well about my pre-diabetes-my brother has full blown diabetes-and it's all over the family but she still feels threatened I think if I get even close to her size--she has never had to worry! she is and always was tiny and never had issues with weight-I did from grade school on but she baked and baked and encouraged my eating. I try really hard not to blow-I have told her I think she would want me to be healthy instead of encouraging me to eat--she just ignores me and pushes food all the time. sad but true--all our stories.. thank goodness we know better..

Monica-what is the name of the chia bread and where do you find it? I looked at my tortillas-they are made mostly of oat fiber--some of that is gluten free I think? I really don't know???
but I am thinking I should learn more about it-and maybe give it a whirl-after I learn? just to see if it helps move the scale--something needs to.

Michelle--you just keep working it girlfriend--that is all any of us can do--I went to Mexican and I didn't feel bad--I don't think I did too badly there but it always adds a couple of pounds anyway! it's life and we have to live it right?

I missed taking pics when my yard was blooming-the azaleas and tulips and rhodendrum-wrong spelling-but one of these days I will try to get one to show you what I keep trimming-the weeds here are just never ending-they aren't like that in town-even with the PREEN-Its weird. I get tired of it before summer mowing is over for sure.

working inside today-I needed to-had laundry piled and things left undone before we went to Indy and then camping-did pull a few more weeds--Bill finished planting the garden today--should be a big harvest.
Old 05-31-2013, 05:50 AM   #288

Jeanne - FOOD issues do start from somewhere....they always do. I love my MOM and I know she did the BEST she could, but really, OREOS for breakfast??? I can't even imagine. On our kids' birthday, we will allow them a COOKIE or XXX treat but only after they have had eggs or something healthy with protein! I can't imagine as a MOM hoping my children always stay BIGGER than me. I know you love her Jeanne, but that is MESSED UP! I mean, I have prayed over and over that my children NOT have my struggles. I have wished weight loss for T to the tune I would give anything to have THIS burden NOT fall on him. I also pray that Haven stay the size she is. She is NOT skinny (she never will be) she is muscular and solid, but not heavy. I can't imagine wishing my children / daughter stay larger than me!
Old 05-31-2013, 05:55 AM   #289

Jeanne - here's the bread

I buy it at a health food store, but I found it in my local grocery too. It is high, like $4 - $6 a loaf
Old 05-31-2013, 05:57 AM   #290

Here is the next TILE project we did. Last week while my parents were here we convinced them to come and help us make it. They thought it was for us, but it's theirs. Their 48th wedding anniversary was Wednesday! I can't wait to take it to them!
Old 05-31-2013, 05:58 AM   #291

I made the F, Dennis made the A, Haven made the M, Dad made the I, Mom did the L and Haven made the Y. T was at work!
Old 05-31-2013, 06:04 AM   #292

It's FRIDAY GIRLS!!!!!!!! Tomorrow is softball. We thankfully have NO early games. We have to leave the house at 11:30, games at 12:30, 6:00 and 7:00. Not bad at all. We have had 5 inches of rain this week, hoping the fields will dry out enough this afternoon so they can PLAY ball as scheduled. Sunday I will stay home and go to church with T and be here with his friend that is sleeping over!
Old 05-31-2013, 08:48 AM   #293
Major LCF Poster!

Monica-love the glass tiles--how do you get them in a frame? such a neat anniversary gift--I especially noted the small heart on the F and the cross on the A--sweet meaningful touches!

We are getting your rain-almost 2 inches since last nite and it is still coming down--good thing we got the garden planted--Chris got his planted yesterday also--except for corn-I am thinking I might try eggplant-not really used to cooking with them but want to try.

Monica-thanks for the pic of the bread--I am such a visual person-that really helps--I will go online and see if I can find the nutrition info-I hope its low carb-I may have to learn soon how to bake some gluten free breads.

Michelle-what is on the agenda for you this weekend-I still feel like I am running one step behind-next week-not much so far on the agenda..but something always seems to pop up.

have a great weekend girls
Old 05-31-2013, 10:57 AM   #294

Jeanne - we don't frame them, we hang them with those metal plate holders. Do you know what I am talking about. You can find them in craft stores. THe heart on the F Haven helped me with. I was so afraid when they melted it it would ruin the shape. I am so glad it held up! Thanks for noticing!!!

that bread is NOT low carb. I used to make the OMM's before I found this bread. I made them daily and used them as "bread" for my eggs with cheese for breakfast each morning. Have you ever eaten those? They are made with Flax???
Old 06-01-2013, 10:55 AM   #295
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Saturday--it is still raining-we had tornado watches last nite at 3 am so not much sleep after the weather radio kept going off--we are supposed to get more rain today and then I hope it is out of here--way too much already.

Michelle--where are you girlfriend?

Monica--are you at softball today-not sure it has had a chance to dry out enough-but hopefully you are having fun.

making a big pan of ribs today again--we have to have them about once a month --got the sauce made this morning --I used diet rootbeer in my sauce today--I have used diet dr.pepper, orange and now rootbeer--I can't tell a whole lot of difference-Bill said he could tell with the orange? anxious for dinner!

well-doing general cleaning today since I can't work outside--Tomorrow I will be back alone--I am more productive without having a DH home I think? what will retirement bring?

cya later gals-just about one month left in the challenge--I wish I was doing better but we have another month to add a few pounds to our total--keep working it!
Old 06-01-2013, 02:24 PM   #296
Major LCF Poster!

Monica -- That art project is beautiful. I am in awe of you and your families' talent and committment to one another. It truthfully brings a tear to my eye. I hope you enjoy your softball games and the weather holds up for you.

Jeanne--Tornado warnings must be very scary, especially after all the damage they have been causing lately. I would be worried silly. We rarely get tornados here. One or two every few years, but usually pretty far away from any cities.
How's that big pan of ribs doing? I was hoping to do ribs myself soon, but I can't find any good deals on them. Ribs are very expensive up here.

I went to the opening of our farmers market today. Just me and Ben and 1000 other people walking in the mud from the weeks worth of rain. What a mess. And since the weather has been so cold and rainy here, the market was bare of any veggies. The only vendors there were the bakers. Unfortuneatly I indulgged in their goods. It all was too tempting for me to resist. I must say I have been a very bad girl this week, but "c'est la vie"I'll get back on track when I'm ready.

Time to watch hockey now. I know you guys aren't into that but Marcel and I are very much. Too bad the Canadian teams are all out of the running. We are rooting for the Chicago Blackhawks as their captain is from our fair city Winnipeg. Go Hawks Go!
Old 06-01-2013, 04:59 PM   #297
Major LCF Poster!

glad to see you checking in Michelle--I was beginning to worry--keep trying to get back in gear--it's hard but you can do it--I still think we have to think differently and quit punishing ourselves all the time-it just leads to more binging for me anyway--not a good thing.. wish we had a farmers market--I would probably succumb to the goodies also-I am sure Ben loved the outing! Enjoy your hockey game!

I made a pan of brownies today that didn't turn out-they are edible tho-and the flavor is good-so they won't go to waste-very fudgy and I didn't follow the recipe so it was my fault-I was trying to lowcarb it--I will keep working on it because I like the taste-it's just very fragile..

The ribs turned out good--I think they needed another half hour baking--I like mine falling off the bone-Bill didn't want them falling apart on the grill so we stopped at 2 hours-next time I will cook them longer-I liked the sauce with the rootbeer too--I buy the country style ribs on sale-and these were even cheaper since some had a bone-but I usually like to buy meat and not pay for bones anyway when buying babyback ribs or such... Sams even has some on sale if you get there early some days-hard for me since I live an hour away but once in awhile I have gotten them on sale... I stock up then.

time to clean up--seems I have been in the kitchen most of the day
Old 06-03-2013, 05:47 AM   #298

Jeanne - we love ribs at our house. My crew loves them lathered in BBQ Sauce, me, i'm not a fan of the sauce I prefer mine plain! Dennis cooks his in a roaster pan in the over on low over night and then when we are serving them puts them on the grill. Ours don't typically fall off the bone either, Dennis doesn't prefer that (much like Bill). When will Bill Retire??? Soon?

Michelle - you are too kind girl. I have really tried to IMPRESS upon my children, God first, then Family, then LIFE. I showed them by example when MY grandmother was alive (only 1 was left by the time I had kids). I was very close to both of my Grandmother's. My Dad's Mom died when I was a freshman in college. Mom's Mom died when Haven was 1 1/2 years old. Loved that woman to death. Truth be told, when I am frustrated, you can find me actually talking out loud to her. She was always good at listening. She was very hard on me about things, more so than any of her other grandchildren, she and I were the closest.
Old 06-03-2013, 05:49 AM   #299

It was 45* on our walk this morning! CHILLY!!! Is it really JUNE?? I am thinking Mother nature is majorly confused. For DD11's games on Saturday I was in jeans, 2 shirts, hoodie and my ski socks and I was still cold! CRAZY weather for us here. I'll take it though. Today high of 73*, perfect! But I am wearing jeans and a long sleeved shirt! Tristan says I'm like a little old lady, always cold and always looking for her jacket!

SPeaking of T, he is down another 3 pounds. He scaled in Saturday morning at 203. HE is doing so great. 23 pounds and he can't wait to get under 200! I raved to him yesterday about his focus, his desire and the results he is achieiving! Saturday he had a buddy coming over in the evening and buddy wanted pizza. He just had a protein shake and then ate the pizza that night. He said, I didn't even try to count the calories. Dennis told him, think about it, before you would have eaten an entire days worth of calories and THEN had pizza. Don't fret it. T agreed!

Lazy day yesterday. Did church and then grocery shopping. Haven's team lost their first bracket game yesterday morning so they (only she and Dennis went) were there and home by 12:30 p.m.! The rest of the day we were LAZY! I read a bunch, watched some DVR's shows and then we started a fire in our pit and roasted turkey dogs! PERFECT day!
Old 06-03-2013, 05:51 AM   #300

OH I almost forgot, Michelle, I specifically do NOT go to our farmers market for that reason. Easier to just buy the stuff they sell at the grocery store. Our farmers market has at least 3 bakers who specialize in GF baked goods. I just cannot walk away. I buy and then, I eat. I don't nibble a little and move on, I EAT EVERYTHING I bought....so I just don't go. The grocery store we go to in the summer will sell locally grown veggies, so it is just easier to pay a little more and NOT get the temptation! I am basically saying, I SO know where you are coming from! Been there, DONE that!