Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2013, 09:21 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bethr
Stats: 289.5/224/? by ?
WOE: FMD
Start Date: First Time 4/01 Restart 4/28/14
Slimmer by Summer -- April Edition

New Month New Thread
bethr is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2013, 09:44 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Be sure to check out the last few posts in the March thread.

Happy April Fools day!

I slept really well last night and am still really sore today. Its the deep glute muscles that are feeling it because the last workout I did have lots of squats, which is what I think did me in. I'll go back to the gym tomorrow. I see the chiropractor today, but I must say that my leg has been feeling much better since I saw her on Friday. Easter dinner was great. We saw our goddaughter for a little bit. She is such a cutie.

Charlene--so glad you got your sister moved. No doubt she is feeling depressed. I hope things turn around for her. You are such a busy lady. Do you ever just sit down and relax?

Diane--bad evil scale. No doubt your hormones are messing with your weight a lot right now and you are retaining a lot of water. The roller coaster ride of perimenopause is no fun. I understand how you feel though. Keep doing the next right thing and you'll get back on track. I hope the nanny job works out for you.

Rachel--have a safe and fun trip today. I'm glad that Easter is behind us.

Have a good day. I have to get a resume off today.

Beth

See my blog www.bethrado.blogspot.com

One step, one hour, one day at a time.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:52 AM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Annie64
Stats: 245/175.6/ ? 5'8"
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 6/2/08
Just got off the phone with the lady about the nanny job.. she wants to meet me in person and have me meet the kids! I am going Friday after work. It sounds like as long as the kids like me I'm in! .. and if my current family keeps me the other two days of the week, not only will I make enough each week, but I will be able to go to my 8:30 classes at the gym the days I work for them! So, I will have 3 days I will have to get to work by 7:30, and the other two by 10. And the new people didn't even hesitate to pay me what I asked.. she said it's more than what they were paying, but that I sound great! There is a girl about to turn 5, and a boy about to turn 2, and a baby on the way due in November. I'm a little worried about taking care of a newborn, but I'll get used to it. It's not like I've never done it before! I guess this is what I'm supposed to be doing for a while longer. It seems like it will not only work out financially, but it will not completely discombooberate my whole life.. if my current family keeps me two days, I will still get to see my bubby Peter, and get to sleep in a little AND still go to the gym.. I'll still be giving up a step and a pilates class looks like, but I will have to make them up somehow.

Rachel: I'm sure your gain is just TOM weight.. I have gained as much as 7 lbs before TOMs visit many times. Right now I feel like that's what I've done, except TOM hasn't come to help get rid of the extra lbs! Darn him!

Charlene: That's great that your sister moved in! Hopefully being there with you will help her depression.

Beth: lol.. oh yes, I know well the feeling of "but burn" I am so freaked out about this weight thing.. yeah, I know my food choices have been pretty bad some days, but to gain 20+ lbs so fast.. it's just crazy scary! I am afraid to even LOOK at a carb!

Last edited by Annie64; 04-01-2013 at 10:07 AM..
Annie64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:46 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Relieved the scale was down 2 lbs.. my brief step outside of Onederland was a wake up call. I can't say I was perfect yesterday, but I was a LOT better. I plan to be even better today. I still can't believe I am once again fighting to get out of the 90s. LOL... actually I DID get out of them for a day, I just took the wrong door out! I have also noticed lately I get extreeeemely tired earlier than normal.

Well I will check back in later today since I am the first to post..
Old 04-02-2013, 07:40 AM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: hhhmom74
Stats: 199.5/127/120 5'4"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 6/22/02 restarted more than once
Good Morning Slimmers!

Scale is WAY up this morning!! It is 137 and I just hate seeing that #. I know it is partially due to TOM and partially to not eating 100% on plan over the last 2 days. Back to the grind today with eating and working out.

Kids are on Easter break this week. DD15 will be helping me watch my nephews so that'll be nice.

The weather here is crazy! It is 24* right now but by the weekend it is suppose to be near 60*.

diane: Congrats on the scale being down 2# this morning!

beth: How are ya today?

charlene: Did you have school yesterday?
hhhmom74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:22 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

At this point... it's almost funny and I can almost laugh. It's amazing how even though I'm divorced about 3 years, my ex can find ways to mess up my life! I don't know if I mentioned the tax thing, but just when I thought I was going to get a little tax money (that I was counting on last week), I get a letter from the IRS saying they have applied it to a balance from 2008?? AND to make it worse they say I still owe over 500. We were separated that year, but he still did our taxes.. he was really wishy washy about it and I don't know what the heck he did or didn't do but I better not have to pay for something HE owes. THEN.. today, just when I was feeling a little better thinking my job situation may be about taken care of and I can start thinking more about the apartment situation, I get a call from the apt. manager and find out my ex's check didn't clear! First time in 3 years, and of COURSE he never told me about it. I sent him a text asking about it and all he said was "huh".. wow. Anyway, as long as they have a cashiers check by Saturday, it will be ok. Soon. Soon I won't have to deal with him. Something tells me he will still find ways to haunt me. Vent over!

Rachel: I'm sure the lbs will drop right back down after TOM! With Spring finally starting I am hoping it will help me drink more water and feel more energetic!
Old 04-02-2013, 09:35 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all!

Hope you are having a great day. I'm not as sore today and will probably go to the gym later. I am babysitting my goddaughter today while her mom goes to the doc. I'm sure mom needs a few hours to herself. I've never been alone with a newborn, but I think I can manage. She'll either sleep, eat, cry or be happy. I went to my last grief support group meeting last night. It was sad, I've grown attached to the others, and the precious gift they gave me of sharing their most painful journey. I'm also going to call the HR person again. I decided that I am going to make a total of three calls and if I don't hear back from her, then I will no longer be interested in working for that company. If they treat you like that before you work for them, how will they treat you once you start working there.

Rachel--no doubt the scale is enjoying its wild ride, even though you aren't. Doesn't take much to make it crazy. Have fun with the kids on break this week.

Diane--geez, your ex really is haunting your life. Soon it will be over. Glad you are back to wonderland. The universe is just throwing you a little curve ball to see if you went to spring training. When are you meeting the prospective family?

Charlene--what's up with you?

Must get something done before the baby gets here.

Have a good day all.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:12 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sports_mom
Stats: 253.6/203.4/175
WOE: Low Carb
Howdy! Home for lunch. I got up at 3:00 this morning to finish some cookies for dd14's friend's birthday. I love her friends and so I don't mind the lack of sleep I get because they get so darned excited when dd14 walks in with one of my cookie boxes. LOL The other day I had baked cookies for another friends' birthday and I had to go to the school to see one of my counseling students. Dd's friend grabbed me and bear hugged me and thanked me. Makes it all worth while. I also had to get in my workout this morning, thus the earlier time. I am really sore from the leg workout 2 days ago and tomorrow I have another leg workout. Yikes!

Sis got a JOB! She has a drug test today and then orientation. She did have a meltdown this morning and I left work to come check on her. She was so worried about her bills as it's the first of the month. She got on the phone to the bank and they were going to loan her $ to make her bills the next two months while she got started on her job. However, while on the phone with them, they said, "You do know your balance is $xxxx.xx?" She FLIPPED. A huge deposit had been made from back child support that she wasn't expecting for 2 more months. She burst into tears, grabbed me and hugged me. What a relief!! Now if her house will sell so we don't have to worry about her running back there.

Weather was BEAUTIFUL yesterday. I came home, put on shorts, grilled pork chops and stuck my feet in the pool. My dd12 jumped in and went under. Still too cold for me! Yes, I did go ahead and get it ready for swimming right after spring break in hopes for this nice weather.

Rachel - I sure hope after TOM leaves, the scale plummets as well.

Diane - that ex - I know you'll be so glad when you're done with him. What an added stress he has caused. UGH. When will you meet the other children? Sounds like a perfect opportunity for you!

Beth - enjoy that baby today! How precious they are. Glad you aren't so sore today. That's awesome you are becoming so close with your support group.

Hope you all have a great day!
Old 04-03-2013, 05:34 AM   #9

Good Morning Slimmers!

Scale is the same this morning. Hoping to see a loss by the weekend once TOM is gone.

charlene: How do you get out of bed so early? I am so not a morning person.

beth: I bet you enjoyed watching your goddaughter yesterday!

diane: hugs!!!
Old 04-03-2013, 08:26 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all!

I made it to the gym yesterday and had a good workout. Not where I want to be in terms of strength and endurance but I just have to keep doing it. I so enjoyed the few hours I spent with my goddaughter (pix on FB). I didn't drop her or anything. She slept for the first two hours, then I woke her up, changed her diaper (I've never changed a diaper before-it was rather comical), fed her, held her for while and put her back in her car seat just about the time her mom showed up. Such precious moments. I finished all of the cross stitch on the quilt, am now doing her name and birthday, which will be done in an hour. Then I'll wash it and put on the backing. Today is a lot of errands.

Rachel--the scale will move, it just wants to mess with you! What are you up to today?

Charlene--really? 3 am? Are you crazy? I only get up at that time if I have to be on a 6 am flight, which I never have to do anymore (thank goodness). So cool that your sis got that surprise deposit. She is being taken care of, even if it wasn't quite what she expected.

Diane--how are you doing today? Now if only a big deposit would show up in your bank account!

Must finish the quilt so I can wash it before I head out the door. I'm excited to have it done. It is so cute. I've never tackled anything that large, ever!
Old 04-03-2013, 11:29 AM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

Hmm, that other Slimmer by Summer thread is a little annoying.. I've never clicked on it, but still....

Well, I THINK that TOM has finally come to visit.. funny thing though, my bc pills ran out the night before last.. I went to refill it and was told I had no more refills and they would have to call the doctor. So no pill last night.. today TOM. I have no idea if it's related, but it is weird. Weight was just a hair down from yesterday.. still way up, but I am doing REALLY well today... well, except for the second frappucino I had.. and they added a shot of espresso since I mentioned how tired I felt, so I am kinda hyped up right now! I am feeling a bit more like myself too.

I went to step class today, but my friend suddenly wanted to leave early.. (I was ok with it because they were doing a lot of jumping moves and lunges that I can't do right now).. turns out she was pretty upset and may be leaving her not-so-DH, so I offered my place as a place to stay. She had talked about leaving before, but apparently now she seems really done. We'll see... I could actually use a room mate, but I don't know how serious she is this time.

Beth: I meet the family this Friday night at their house. I am not letting my ex's current drama affect me too much. As long as he gets the money here by Saturday (it's actually Monday but I'm not telling him that) it will be ok. Watch.. he will make me drive all the way to where he lives (about 40 minutes) to get it because he will be "too busy"... no way am I going to his horse farm. I have never been there and have no desire to. I'm sure he would love to show off! ha! --- Your first diaper change? was it just wet or poopy?

Charlene: That's GREAT about your sister! And wow! I wish I would get a big deposit like that, but they are just adding a small percentage of what my ex owes in back support each month. It's ridiculous.

Rachel: I'm so not a morning person either! If I could I would stay up late and sleep in! Here's to both our weight's dropping after TOM! (assuming TOM is really here to stay for the week)
Old 04-04-2013, 03:53 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! Got my workout in. I'm really sore from getting back into this LiveFit program. I haven't missed a day. I did weigh, but scale has only budged a pound - I knew that would happen integrating weights back in. I feel so good though and am starting to feel "tight" again so it's all good. My DIL is training to compete in a fitness show and she is looking HOT! I am amazed. She was a skinny little thing anyway, but now that muscle is poking through. I told my son he better watch out! My sis just keeps being blessed ....finally! She got a call and an investor made a CASH offer on her house. It's less than she wants and she countered with $5000 more, but she said if he balks, she'll go ahead and take it because she did make a profit. I am so excited for her!
Track meet tonight and then dd14 wants to have a surprise party for one of her friends and my son and DIL may come in. I'm gonna have a HOUSE FULL! My dh said, "Why do WE have to be THAT house where everyone comes?" LOL I LOVE it though and would much rather they all be here than off somewhere else.

Rachel - hoping for a scale drop. What day is your color run? I need to sign back up for another run. I'm ready. Yep, I've been an early riser all my life. I'll go months like that and then one weekend, I'll sleep really well. I do get a lot done though and it's so nice and quiet.

Diane - that's sad about your friend's relationship. That's awesome that you're there to help her. I know you're gonna do great meeting the new family! How far is that one from you?

Beth - I LOL'd at the changing the diaper comment!!! It reminded me of a scene from 3 Men and a Baby. hehehe Good for you for getting your workout on.

Have a GREAT day!
sports_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:42 AM   #13
Blabbermouth!!!

Scale was down almost a lb. this morning. Still way up there. I hope I get a nice whoosh when TOM leaves. I did a LOT better with food yesterday, and I feel the cravings for the bad stuff diminishing more and more. At class last night I bought a water bottle and some almonds for a snack. I ALMOST got the cheese and wheat crackers, but remembered.. there are over a dozen cheese cubes in there.. that has GOT to be over 1000 calories and a WHOLE lot of fat. No thanks!

My friend didn't end up coming over last night.. I saw her this morning and she seems better, but I don't know how long she will last.. there is no trust. She WANTS to believe him, but there is just too much and too many lies (about money).

Ugh.. about 7 lbs to get out of the 90's. I keep thinking HOW did I GET here!? It's all a fog.. a big ol carb fog. More than ever it REALLY matters what and how much I eat. It seems more and more I have to eat less and less.

Woo hoo! Looks like we are going to start getting into the 60's and 70's! Spring has finally sprung!

Charlene: Yay! More good news for your sister! That's awesome! ... the new job (if I get it) will probably take about 25 minutes to get to. It's about 3 or 4 freeway exits up from me. I wouldn't want to go any further than that though.

Hi Beth and Rachel... I'll check back for ya later!
Old 04-04-2013, 01:14 PM   #14

Just a quick Good Afternoon! I have been enjoying this beautiful weather today. It is sunny and 55*. I have got in 3 miles of walking while pushing a stroller. Hoping to get in a 4 mile walk/jog this evening. I will post personals later tonight.
Old 04-05-2013, 01:39 AM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning. Had a quick track meet last night. DD14 fell on her 2nd hurdle and hurt her knee and has a couple bad scrapes. She was trying to 3-step and she had it, but her calf nicked the hurdle (which would have been ok), but then her trail foot caught the hurdle causing her to lose her balance and trip. She was pretty bummed and cried a lot and also is going to be sore. District is next week and I sure hope this doesn't affect her ability to run. DH felt bad because he pushed her to 3-step and it was a cold evening and probably not a good idea.

You aren't going to believe this...sis got called last night from a former boss and he got a job similar to what they use to do together. He wants her to come to work with him - making $6 more an hour than this new job she just got. That's awesome, I guess, BUT, she's going to go ahead and start this new job because what if the other doesn't pan out - that means if it does - she will be quitting them in a couple weeks. I don't like that. She will be further away from me too. I think I'm done trying. Always on the verge of being here with her family - how many times now? UGH.

Going to have mucho company this weekend. DS25, his wife and dog, my nephew and his GF, my dh's sister and all these kids coming for the party. It's going to be one big slumber party. hehehe

Diane - keep working - that scale will drop- we can do this!

Rachel - we are supposed to get the beautiful weather too. Can't wait!!

Beth - how are you doing?

Going on a field trip today with a student and then the weekend. SO READY!! Have a GREAT day everyone!
Old 04-05-2013, 05:43 AM   #16

Good morning slimmers!

Scale is slowly coming back down. I weighed in at 135 this morning. I got in a 2 mile walk and 5 mile walk/jog yesterday. Hoping for a repeat of that today.

DD15 and i are planning to take my nephews to the park this morning then hoping to play outside this afternoon. It is suppose to be another beautiful day!

We dont have alot of weekend plans. I am hoping to get outside as much as possible to enjoy the weather. We are going to a benefit tomorrow night for my cousin's 4 y.o. Son who has cancer.

Charlene: hope your DD is ok! Sounds like you are going to have a fun weekend.

Diane: glad younfeel like you are getting things back under control!

Beth: your goddaughter's pic is adorable! I love babies!!
Old 04-05-2013, 08:08 AM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all!

I can't believe I forgot to post yesterday! It was rainy here and I didn't feel that good and just wanted to camp out inside. I finished putting the backing on the quilt and now I only have to do the edge binding and it will be done. I'm looking forward to having it done so I can concentrate on doing other things. Its been a labor of love. I didn't make it to the gym yesterday because I was still sore from the workout on Tuesday. Feeling better today though. I have a new alarm clock, and I'm not happy with it. Its turkeys. They start gobble just before dawn and man are they loud. They usually aren't on this side of the valley, so something has moved them over here.

Charlene--so sorry to hear about your DD. Hopefully she will heal quickly (which we do when we are young) and be back competing. Sounds like a fun weekend at your house.

Rachel--glad to see the scale moving. Hopefully spring has sprung. Its still seasonable here but next week we are supposed to get into the 70s.

Diane--what's up with you?

Have a great day all!
Old 04-05-2013, 09:57 AM   #18
Blabbermouth!!!

Scale is crawling down bit by bit. TOM is pretty much gone... wow, what was that.. like, 2 days? (not counting the very light spotting)... I was 196.8 today... I was hoping for at least a 195 by today. It's ok.. I should be able to fit into my nicer jeans tonight when I go to meet the new family. I'm going to leave work a little early so I can go home and fix myself up some,

I was getting ready for step class this morning when I realized I FORGOT to take my psych quiz last night and it was due by 9am this morning! So I had to skip step, but I got the quiz done just in time. Can't wait for the class to be done. I WILL however, of course, miss my painting class and classmates. There is talk of some of us getting together this summer to paint. I tried to do that with people last summer and it never happened, so hopefully it works out this time. I already registered for painting II again next fall (there is no painting III or I would be in that. There is a girl from painting 1 I hope and pray she doesn't take painting II or I don't know if I can stay in there. To be blunt.. she stinks. REALLY BAD. Like, from 10 feet away you can smell her. Every week. She has horses, but so does her friend that is in II with me.. and she doesn't smell at all! I don't know what the heck it is, but it's like a mixture of manure and 100 kitty litter boxes that have never been changed. I literally want to throw up when I smell her. She seems like a very nice girl and all, but holy cow... please don't take my class in the fall!!!! (Her mom and sister come in to pick her up every week and they seem to smell the same way)... I have never smelled anyone like that before in my life! Yeah, there have been people with horrible B.O. , smell like a dirty ashtray bad, or the poor old guy in the grocery store that smells like pee.. but THIS.. this is far worse. Last Wednesday, the guy from my part of the class was waiting around after she had left the room for about 10 minutes.. he said it was so the air could clear before he walked through the hall.... YES. ITS THAT BAD. Ok, I'm done.. it's just like the thing that everyone KNOWS but doesn't SPEAK about...

Should be a nice weekend... assuming my ex comes through with my rent money in time. Anyway, Saturday night I am going to a friends house (she was in painting 1 with me).. she and two other of our friends from class (who ARE in II with me now) are going for dinner and we are going to play Cards Against Humanity. Can't wait! Other than that I will be painting like crazy because I have to have 3 painting done by Wednesday!!! Two of them are just 12x12, so it's doable, but I haven't started the big one of the teenager yet.

Beth: I thought you were serious! I thought you actually had a real alarm clock that made the sound of turkeys! I'm like, why would they make an alarm like that.. I wouldn't want to wake up to that sound! I can be a little gullible sometimes.

Rachel: Awwww... 4 year olds should not get cancer Glad the scale is heading in the right direction!

Charlene: Ouch! I could feel myself cringe when I read about your DD getting hurt. Thank goodness she didn't break a bone or something though! Wow.. 6 bucks more an hour would be hard to turn down. I guess she will have to weigh all the options, but it is smart to go ahead and start the other job regardless since the other one isn't a done deal.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:01 PM   #19
Blabbermouth!!!

I got the job!!!

I wasn't even nervous much at all.. they are VERY nice people, and the little girl was SO excited about me coming.. she showed me her room and the playroom in the basement - she even took my hand at one point. She was pretty hyper, but I think it's just because she was excited. She was disappointed that I wasn't staying for dinner. The little boy is a little shy at first, but he's not quite two. It seems like it will be a very good fit. Very nice neighborhood, right across the street from the pool! I even love the dog.. a six year old yellow lab, kinda chunky, very sweet!

Now I just need to be sure my current family keeps me on the other two days of the week. If they do I'll be making more per week than I would have if I had gotten the job I wanted so badly at that insurance company!

I texted the ex asking if he knew what time tomorrow he would have the cashiers check and that maybe our son could meet him so he wouldn't have to come all the way up here (LOL.. translation.. *I* dont want to have to see him)... that was about 4 hours ago, and no response. As predicted. My phone tells me when someone reads a text that I send.. of COURSE he has to make me squirm and stress. What a horses behind.

Ok.. talk to ya in the morning after weigh-in...
Old 04-05-2013, 10:13 PM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Yeah Diane

That's so great. I knew it would work out!

Today I got an email again from that HR rep apologizing for not getting back to me. I should talk to them next week.

We had a big hubbub today with police action on the next building. Several patrol cars. Took the guy away in cuffs and towed the car. And I got to identify him. This is a family that has 7 vehicles and the limit s 3. I've suspected drug dealing there for almost a year. Geez

I never made it o the gym but did o to the chiropractor. Tomorrow the gym. My back is getting more stable.

I'll check back in tomorrow.

Diane I am so happy for you!
Old 04-06-2013, 05:17 AM   #21

Good morning slimmers!

Scale is back down to 133 this morning! So 1 more lb to go for my low last month. I am hoping to see 129 soon.

A friend issued a challenge recently. It is run a 40k in a few. I started on Thursday and have completed 10.25 miles already. My goal for today and tomorrow is 6 miles each day. Then shorter runs on Monday and Tuesday.

Diane: so glad you got the job!!!!

Beth: glad to hear the HR rep emailed ya.

Charlene: hows your DD feeling?
Old 04-06-2013, 06:43 AM   #22
Blabbermouth!!!

Grrrr! That scale is really being stubborn! It crawled down a little more to 196.2... I was soooo hoping to at least see a 5 by today. I am off the regular Coke's now thank goodness! I did have a second frapp with an extra shot of espresso on the way to meet the new family so I would be "on"

I must have made a good impression because they hired me without even doing a background check, and she hadn't talked to my current boss yet. She didn't want to bug them while on vacation, so she will probably call her this week. I hope she does, even though I am already hired. This is one time my age worked FOR me. Not having young kids of my own is a big plus.

I'm SO looking forward to tonight.. having dinner and playing games with my friends. I need a fun night out after all this stress.. not that it's over by any means, but at least part of it is figured out! I talked my friend out of having pizza for dinner So we are having turkey sandwiches on wheat. I certainly don't want to undo the good I've done all week in just one night! I don't know what the other girls are bringing as appetizers though... I'll have to bring something I can eat just in case.

Beth: Thanks! That's good that HR contacted you! Good luck! This has not been a good gym week for me.. I think I went once. I had planned to go today but slept a little too late, but I needed it. I've been exhausted lately.

Rachel: That's great that you are doing that 40k! I've said it before and I'll say it again.. I wish I could do that! No running for me though! Glad Mr. Scale is being nice to you! He is just being nice to me in tiny little pieces.

Charlene:
Old 04-06-2013, 09:54 AM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all!

Will be heading to the gym in a few minutes. I'm feeling pretty good today. Dh and I also have a massage this afternoon. I am going to finish this quilt today! I only have the binding to finish. I am ready to get back on plan. I will start on Monday eating clean. And I think I can make it to the gym more often. My leg is feeling much better. Interesting the problem that I feel in my leg is actually caused by my mid-back. I guess the spine twists just a little and then causes the pain. Has anyone watched the showtime series "Homeland"? Man is it good-very intriguing. Not for children or young adults (a little too much "action" if you know what I mean) and some violence.

Rachel--so glad that scale is moving down for you. 40k, huh? You go girl.

Diane--you deserve a fun night out, particularly since you have some of the job stuff sorted out. I bet your current boss will be thrilled to have you a few days a week.

Charlene--what's up with you today?

Gotta get to the gym!

Have a great day!

Beth
Old 04-06-2013, 12:03 PM   #24

Afernoon Slimmers!

That should of been complete a 40k in a week. I did 4.5 miles this morning. Hoping to jog another 2 before I head to the benefit. I need to have another big day tomorrow as I have meetings Monday and Tuesday nights.

Beth: enjoy your massage! I think I may need 1 after this 40k.

Diane: enjoy your girls night out! That sounds like a lot of fun!

Charlene: i hope your are enjoying your house full of guests this weekend!
Old 04-06-2013, 03:16 PM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

I have worked ALL DAY to get ready for this...DD14 better appreciate it. (By the way, she is moving better. What hurts the most is the track rash). Guests arriving in 45 minutes. House is clean, DS and his wife are here and DIL has helped me tremendously with baking. I'll check back in and chat with you all when I'm less busy.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:43 AM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all!

Boy oh boy am I sore today. I went to the gym yesterday and really felt good! I did all three sets, but only 8 reps and had most of the weights pretty close to where I was. It felt great! No cardio, I had nothing left because it was intense. And this was the leg and twisting workout. I have a feeling I will get more sore as the day goes on. DH and I also had a massage and my back muscles are sore to the touch. My massage therapist is a guy who is really strong and works pretty deep. He spent a lot of time on my upper/mid back and I can feel it. In fact, everything hurt yesterday as he was working on me. Even things that usually feel good hurt, like my feet. The quilt isn't quite finished, but almost. I have to the last 1/3 of the backside of the binding to finish. Its all pinned so I just have to stitch. Then one last wash, and wrap it up and give it to the baby. I've ordered matching bibs to cross stitch but those will be so easy compared to the quilt. Once I give it to the baby I'll post pix on FB.

Charlene--sounds like you were having a busy day. I trust that your party went well and DD had a great time. I love the fact that your DIL was working with you in the kitchen. That is really precious. I never knew my MIL, she died before I met dh, so I never had the chance to do things like that with her. DH's cousin is a great cook and I hope to get some of her recipes, otherwise they will be lost.

Rachel--how many miles did you get in today?

Diane--how was your night out last out.

Meeting a friend for coffee today, but mostly hanging out today. Have a good one, all.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:29 AM   #27
Blabbermouth!!!

Well, I had a lot of fun last night but the "sandwiches" ended up being sandwich rolls in tortillas - not wheat bread.. I chose the green ones thinking maybe they wouldn't be as bad for me. She also had potato salad and fruit salad... so not as healthy as I had hoped. I had some wine and a Bud Lite Lime Strawberita (they are in little baby sized cans) I hadn't eaten much all day to save up for dinner but I still had a bit of a gain...my weight was up about 1.5 lbs this morning.. not too bad I guess. We had a BLAST.. they LOVED the game I brought, and even though one of them won at 10 cards, no one noticed and I kept my mouth shut and we just kept playing and playing! The lady that won ended up with 24 cards by the time we ended it I literally had body aches from laughing so much!

Today I am being EXTREMELY good. Downing the water and eating low carb. That's the plan. I'm sick and tired of this extra weight. I didn't go to the gym again this morning.. I HAD to sleep in after last night. I didn't get home until after 1am. Tomorrow I am rededicating myself to the gym. Spring is here and it's warmer and I can't hide behind hoodies much longer!

I'm still pretty tired... I will come back later for personals....
Old 04-07-2013, 07:19 PM   #28

Evening Slimmers!

Just finished 6.25 miles for a 4 day total of 23.5 miles. This challenge is just what i needed. I am really enjoying challenging myself. Scale is still hanging out at 133. I know my muscles have got to be retaining water too. I am hoping to get to 130 this week.

Diane: glad you had fun on your girls nightbout!

Beth: yikes on being sore today!

Charlene: how was the party?
Old 04-08-2013, 04:20 AM   #29

Just a quick Good Morning Slimmers before I head out the door!

Scale is still at 133. Really hoping to see a 3 lb loss this week from all the running. I am trying to figure out my next running challenge. I will take atleast 2 days of rest before starting again.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:15 AM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all!

Hope you are all having a great Monday morning. I'm still sore today but nothing like I was yesterday. And a little tired. Not much on the agenda today except laundry. And I think I will go to the gym to do some cardio. It was rainy and really windy last night and it blew around all of the pollen so dh and I both are not feeling that great. The rain usually calms the pollen down, but the wind, stirs it right back up again. The quilt is done and wrapped. We're going to drop by tomorrow night to give the baby the quilt. Its kind of cool today but after this front moves through we are going to get mighty warm this week. Into the 80s!

OK--my laptop is acting up so I am going to go now and then reboot. Will be back to finish personals.