Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2013, 10:11 AM   #121
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bethr
Stats: 289.5/229.5/? by ?
WOE: FMD
Start Date: First Time 4/01 Restart 4/28/14
Good morning all!

Remember when I said I wasn't sore yesterday? Well, I spoke prematurely. Later in the morning my upper body started SCREAMING at me. I was quite sore and very tired with no motivation. But I slept well and am feeling better today. I think I will hit the gym today. Its still cool here. But supposedly going to start warming up tomorrow. And I'm going to make some soup. And send off my resume to another recruiter. I've not been perfectly on plan but I've been doing OK. Better than I was.

Rachel--don't beat yourself up, maybe you need to scare your evil scale into cooperating. Zora is becoming less cooperative when it comes to getting her ears cleaned. All I have to do is say the word "ears" and she runs to her house or to hide behind dh. I'm the big ole meanie who does everything to her (like ear cleaning, nail clipping, and baths) and dh is the fun one. I try to make it as pleasant as possible and I know its not painful, just weird. But after two days they are looking so much better. Another 5 days of treatment and then I only have to rinse them out every two weeks.

Diane--you must have really needed the rest-not surprising given end of semester and all of the stress.

Charlene--how ya doing today? Still sore and exhausted? Take it easy this weekend. You have to take care of yourself or you are no good to anyone else!

Lisa--Welcome! Good for you on being binge free for 100+ days. That is quite the accomplishement. My bp was inching up toward high, but losing weight and more importantly, working out regularly has helped a lot.

Have a great day all!

See my blog www.bethrado.blogspot.com

One step, one hour, one day at a time.
bethr is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2013, 04:10 AM   #122
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: hhhmom74
Stats: 199.5/135/120 5'4"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 6/22/02 restarted more than once
Good Morning Slimmers!

I didn't even weigh this morning.

Alarm went off at 4:30. I had to get DS to the bus by 5:15. I came home and made brownies for DD18. My aunt is headed to spend the day with her since it is her 1st Delta Zeta mom's day. It tears me up that I can't be there for her. DD18 didn't mind thank goodness. I have an awesome family so my aunt was happy to step in. My mom and I are headed to Chicago in a couple hours for DS's show choir nationals. DD15 is spending the day with my dad then off to church for a 30 hour famine.

charlene: Happy Birthday to your DD!

beth: DD18 and DH are the ear cleaners & med givers with Cooper. Although DD15 has taken over the med giving since DD18 went to college. DS16 and DH are the play roughers with him. LOL And the spoilers are all of the above. It amazes me that Cooper knows who will let him do what. Dogs are so smart!!!

diane: Glad you were able to get some much needed rest!
hhhmom74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 04:10 AM   #123
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sports_mom
Stats: 253.6/203.4/175
WOE: Low Carb
Good morning! It's going to be a long day planning, cooking and having kids over again for dd's birthday. I made the cake last night - just have to do the icing today and the cookies and then I am doing skewers of marinated chicken strips on the grill with chips and cheese dip. I think my dd has a little love connection going on with one of the boys who comes over all the time to fish. He's a good one. I definitely approve.

I think I am rested from helping my sister move.

Lisa - that's awesome about the binge free eating! 100 days is wonderful! I too suffer from binge eating. I am still trying to finish the book "Brain Over Binge" - it's a really good read.

Beth - I always feel I've accomplished something when I'm sore. Keep it up!

Diane - sure hoping this weekend brings you some good news on the house hunt.

Rachel - those emotions can get the best of you at the supper table, huh? I know I let it happen way too much. Hang in there!

Have a great day everyone!!
~ Charlene
Old 04-27-2013, 06:00 AM   #124
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Annie64
Stats: 245/175.6/ ? 5'8"
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 6/2/08
I only have a minute.. meeting my workout buddy to go down and do a walk for MS.. it won't be a workout though.. she said it's only 1 mile and we will be with someone in a wheelchair. I may go to the gym later today to do some cardio of some sort.

Scale is hanging around 195's.. I was VERY good yesterday and TOM is winding down, so I hope to see a drop soon.

My boss not only gave me my final full weeks pay, but a WHOLE EXTRA WEEKS PAY!!!! I did NOT expect that! Needless to say, I now have enough for the deposit.. either on that place or a different one. Such good good people. The two younger boys took the news pretty hard.. thank goodness I will still see them on Fridays or it would have been a LOT worse.. on all of us!

Ok. gotta run, I will check back later..
Old 04-27-2013, 10:03 AM   #125
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all!

I did get to the gym yesterday even though I really didn't want to go. I didn't do cardio tho, just weights. DH came home and we both went together. This was my leg intensive workout. I'm not too sore YET! If I feel OK later I may go to just do cardio. My leg is a little sore but this is the longest I've gone so I think I'm making some progress. I see the chiropractor on Monday. Finishing laundry today and going to clean the deck once it warms up. And I'm making egg cupcakes for breakfast. I made mexican lime soup yesterday which was really yummy. Slept really well last night and Zora let us sleep in until 7. She is so funny. If one of us gets up during the night she doesn't move, but any movement (especially by DH) around

Charlene--another day of teenagers! How fun. Your DD is beautiful. Is today a rest day from working out?

Rachel--wishing the Singers the very best of luck today. I hope they rock it and win it! Amazing. Must be tough to miss the mom/daughter day but there will be another one of those and going to Nationals may or may not happen again. Since DD was in Singers I'm sure she wishes she could be there too! Did I tell you that my bff's daughter who went to Eureka was also in DZ?

Diane--WOW on your old bosses for giving you extra. Must make you feel so much better. Now to get the housing settled this weekend and you'll be good to go. Have you been looking on Craig's list for places. You might find second units or condos for rent that you might like. WTG on the walk. How much fun was that.

Lisa--how is it going?

Well, breakfast is now done (it takes me forever to finish a post). The egg cupcakes were great! Made with eggs, ham, fresh dill, green chilis, cheese, a little cream, and garlic powder.

Have a great day all!
Old 04-28-2013, 07:35 AM   #126
Blabbermouth!!!

Weight about the same.. I ate too much yesterday though. But I enjoyed it! Still no word on the apartment

The MS walk was.. nice. I wouldn't say fun, but it was nice walking around downtown. I haven't been there in forever! I don't know the people we walked with, my friend works for them. My friend and I went out for brunch afterwards and I was preeetty good but not perfect.. then for dinner I had a burrito bowl from Chipotle.

Have to get ready for Peter's 1st Communion.. I've never been to one before Then to their house afterwards. Tomorrow I'm having lunch with a friend I haven't seen in months, but I plan to be good! It sure will be nice having 3 day weekends! I am tempted to get a third part time job maybe for the summer to make some extra money... I really want to go to San Diego for Halloween/Dia de los Muertos this year.. plus I really need to see my family more often.

I'll have to come back later for personals.. have to figure out what I'm going to wear to the church! (and also what FITS right now!)
Annie64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:05 AM   #127
Major LCF Poster!

I got up early despite having stayed up very late with a bunch of teens last night. I combined 3 workouts into 1 this morning since I missed so much, so it took me 2 full hours. I will be sore tomorrow!!!

Beth - egg cupcakes sound awesome!

Diane - sounds like you had a busy day. That's sad about how the kids took the new of your departure, but am so glad you still get to see them on Fridays. How awesome they gave you extra pay!

Rachel - enjoy the show choir and I hope the kids do well.

Enjoy your Sunday!
sports_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:59 AM   #128

Hi Slimmers!

Did you all hear me scream just a little bit ago? Guess what???? My scale was at 130 lbs!!! I am jumping for joy!!! Really hoping to see 129 this week but TOM is suppose to arrive so we will see.

Yesterday I was awake over 25 hours. I ended up taking a Tylenol PM when I got home this morning at 5:00. I was afraid I wouldn't sleep good. Well I slept till 12:30 so who knows when I will go to bed tonight. The kids did well but didn't place in the top 5.

On the agenda for today................NOTHING!!!! LOL I will get on the treadmill for a walk but that is it. I was really hoping to lay out but it is cold and cloudy.

charlene: Sounds like you had quite the workout!

diane: I love walking with friends!

beth: yes my DD18 wishes she could of gone too. She misses Singers so much!! That is so cool that your BFF's DD went to Eureka and was a DZ too. I need to tell my DD18 that.
Old 04-28-2013, 02:47 PM   #129
Major LCF Poster!

Good afternoon all!

It is a beautiful day today! Had brunch with our friends and gave the baby the quilt and bibs. Pix on FB. Going to take it easy today since I have a lot going on tomorrow and Tuesday. DH and I spent several hours yesterday cleaning off our deck, washing everything from the grill to the grill cover and I cleaned up my plants and planted my herb bowl. It looks so beautiful out there now and we can use it this year!

Rachel--it is so awesome that the Singers made it to Nationals even if they didn't place. I mean really--how many other schools never even made it that far. And I did hear a little something coming from the east--I guess that was you! Congrats on that nasty scale finally moving. Yesterday I knew that I had to be in ketosis since I ate breakfast skipped lunch and wasn't hungry. Sure enough I was in ketosis last night.

Diane--love the pix of Peter--what a precious smile he has.

Charlene--2 hours worth of workout! YIKES! Let me know if you can get out of bed tomorrow How was the party last night.

Hi Lisa.

I may go to the gym today, or not. I think I am going to go lay down for a bit. Maybe I'll in a few hours. Have a good one.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:37 PM   #130
Major LCF Poster!

I made it to the gym and had a great workout. I felt energetic and strong. Now how I will feel tomorrow is questionable.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:15 AM   #131
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning everyone!

Where are all y'all? Monday morning blahs. I'm not feeling that great today, a little tired and a little sore but I will probably feel better after I eat a little. It is going to be quite warm here this week. I just had a phone interview with a recruiter and I still do not have a confirmation from the other HR person about my interview tomorrow. I sent her an email, and will call later today if I do not hear anything. What's the deal? I have a dentist appointment today, and a chiropractor appointment. And I'm going to get a mani/pedi. Busy day.

Hope you are all doing well.
Old 04-29-2013, 03:30 PM   #132
Blabbermouth!!!

Woke up today with a sore throat. I think it's allergies.. had the same exact thing exactly a year ago! I also feel kind of achy and tired, but I definitely feel allergy-ish. Weight is still abt. the same as it's been. I refuse to believe it could be a cold.. I have gotten through the whole fall/winter seasons without getting a cold or the flu! I'm not about to get one now!

I had brunch this morning with a friend I haven't seen in months.. It's so nice to be off today! It might take a little getting used to. I woke up this morning with that feeling that I had to be somewhere, but then realized I did NOT have to be ANYwhere.

I called the girl about the apartment one last time yesterday and left another message. Still no reply. I guess it's time to move on. I drove by there and the sign is still up, but looking at the parking situation again, I can see it would be an issue. I'll bet that is why it hasn't rented.

Oh, so yesterday I am at Peter's 1st Communion, then to his house for dinner.. I'm sitting there in the middle of eating and get a text from my ex. UGHHHHHH. Instantly I lose my appetite. It said, "Did you think I wouldn't find out DD is living with her bf?" PShhhh. I ignored it, but of course all sorts of things are flying through my head. I didn't respond. He texts DD asking her about it.. it's funny.. it acts like he thinks he knows things or that he has spies or people telling him things to try to get you to tell him what he wants to know. He is so full of it. Anyway, he text me again when I hadn't responded and said, "Nothing?" .... Heck yeah nothing! I'm not responding to your drama dude. DD set him straight and he said he would drop it. One last ditch effort to start stuff. So close to being free I can taste it!

Beth: Are you still going to the interview if you don't get confirmation from the HR person? ... Yeah, Peter is a sweetheart. He really IS such a good good kid. I like to think I had a lot to do with that

Rachel: WOO HOO! 130!!!! Congrats!!! Now if I could only get the scale moving again! I am hoping that starting the new job tomorrow will help since i will be there over 10 hours 3 days a week and I won't be comfortable getting into any goodies they might have around like I am at my old job.

Charlene: So could you move today? 2 hours! Wow! I won't be able to go to the gym until Friday because of my new job. I didn't go this morning because of my sore throat and feeling icky.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:31 PM   #133
Major LCF Poster!

I received a confirmation at 6 tonight about my interview tomorrow. Now I'm nervous.

Diane--good luck on the first day of your new gig! Your ex is really a piece of work. He just wants control and domination and you are almost free of him.

Hi to everyone!
Old 04-29-2013, 07:22 PM   #134
Major LCF Poster!

I am so sore today!!! I still got up and did a workout this morning as well. I had jury duty today and then....got picked for the jury! A whole week of missing work. I'm gonna be so far behind it's not gonna be funny. Not my idea of fun. SIGH

Rachel - awesome about the scale! YIPPEE!!!! Sorry the kids didn't make the top 5 - but what a ride they had. Are they done now or still have a chance to compete?

Beth - look at you go on your workouts!!! Good luck on your interview!!

Diane - if you are worried about the parking now - it's probably gonna be something you'll hate later.
sports_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 04:47 AM   #135

Good Morning Slimmers!

Scale is back up to 132 this morning but TOM is right around the corner. I do feel like I have still made progress these last 7 weeks. It's not as fast as I would of liked but I am getting there. I am looking forward to buying a new swimsuit in the next couple of weeks.

It was a beautiful sunny day here in central Illinois yesterday. My nephews and I spent most of the day outside. Hoping to do the same today and tomorrow. Then temps drop into the 60s and it's suppose to rain.

charlene: Yikes on the jury duty! We are done competing for the year but have dinner theatre Friday, Saturday & Sunday this weekend. I love dinner theatre because it gives our community a chance to see how hard these kids have worked.

beth: Good luck at your interview today!

diane: Good luck on your 1st day at work today!
Old 04-30-2013, 09:46 AM   #136
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning!

Mentally prepping for my interview. There are going to be behaviorly based questions and my memory is still a little foggy. Def will be stopping for coffee before I go. I'm nervous, but excited. I also have another phone interview tomorrow, had one yesterday with a recruiter and will be meeting with him on Thursday. At least there is some movement on things. After this week I bet things will go quiet for a few weeks before the next barrage. But at least they are happening. Its a long way to go before there is actually a job. DH mentioned this morning how once I said I was ready to head back to work that things started to happen.

Rachel--no doubt your weight bump is due to TOM, and perhaps will take a few more pounds with it when it leaves.

Diane--how is it going today?

Charlene--you worked out even though you were really sore. Wow! You are wonderwoman. Jury Duty! I was on a case four years ago that lasted 2 months. On one hand I was glad to get the work break. On the other, it was tedious and I don't know that I would ever do it again.

Must go get ready. Wish me luck.

Beth
Old 04-30-2013, 04:51 PM   #137
Blabbermouth!!!

I feel like pooooooop! My allergies are killing me.. draining me... now I have a sinus migraine.

I set my alarm on my phone for 4 different times because I was so worried I wouldn't get up for work on time being that it is 1-2 hours earlier than I'm used to depending on the day, but ended up waking up 45 minutes early anyway! It took me 30 minutes to get there but that included going in Starbucks and getting my frappuccino on the way.. I made sure I allowed extra time for that!

Anyway, my allergies made me feel blah and drowsy most of the day, but the kids were really good and cute. The 5 year old girl is sweet and silly, and the 2 year old boy is pretty easy.. he even tells you when he wants a nap (around noon) and then you put him in bed and he just goes right to sleep for about 3 hours! Their old yellow lab totally played me though! She is very smart! She KNOWS she only gets dog biscuits when they put her in her crate, but she worked me and got me to give her one... twice! I've got her number now though! It's a looooong 10 1/2 hour day, but tomorrow will be easier because the girl goes to preschool in the morning, then in the afternoon the boy will be taking a nap. They seem pretty happy with me so far.

I very easily stayed on track at their house! There aren't NEARLY the amount of goodies there! Plus even though they said I could have whatever I want, I'm not comfortable enough to start munching Hopefully between being there and the cardio cleaning I'll be doing at my old job on Fridays, the lbs will start dropping away!

Going to start calling/looking at apartments this weekend. I may have to pay more than I want to to be able to stay in this area.. without living in a dump. Soooo maybe I'll do without cable or something in order to live in a nicer place. If anyone will rent to me that is.

Beth: How was the interview??? My ex tried to call me again last night.. of course I didn't answer. I'm not going to let him "bully" me or pull that controlling crud he always does... trying to intimidate me.. not happening.

Rachel: Yeah, dang it TOM.. why do you mess with us so? I think TOM and Evil Mr. Scale are in cahoots! They team up against us! My weight was up a little this morning, but I weighed several hours earlier than I normally do, and that can make a difference.

Charlene: I have never done jury duty.. I guess it would be interesting, but I don't know how focused I would be after a while. I don't think I would make a good jury member!
Old 04-30-2013, 09:21 PM   #138
Major LCF Poster!

See the thread for May. Slimmer by Summer - May Edition