Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2013, 05:49 AM   #61
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Annie64
Stats: 245/175.6/ ? 5'8"
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 6/2/08
Uuuuggghhhh what a night. I got a pretty bad migraine last night, and took my prescription meds.. woke up again after 5 hours and the pain had come back (usually the pain is gone for good).. so I don't think I slept much after that. I ended up taking some Excedrine Migraine since it was 4am and the other stuff would make me sleep too late. Pain is better but I feel like I'm on the edge and it could get worse very easily. It's one of those nasty sinus migraines!

I'm still going to step class and I hope my head doesn't get worse from it.. the scale was up a little again today at 196.2. Eating wasn't perfect yesterday.. perhaps I felt it was going to be a migraine kind of night. Eating wasn't horrible either.. I didn't drink enough water however.

Well, I will check back in later.. I have a feeling I will be taking a nap at some point today!

Charlene: There is a place close by I am going to look into.. hopefully they will have something available. It's a great location and a two bedroom, but with the way my credit has gone downhill the past few years (no thanks to my ex) I'm a little worried. The place is a little more than I would like to pay, but for the location it's actually pretty decent in price.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2013, 06:11 AM   #62
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: hhhmom74
Stats: 199.5/135/120 5'4"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 6/22/02 restarted more than once
Good Morning Slimmers!

Stepped on the scale this morning and was shocked to see 132. I am really hoping to start losing a little more consistently. I am down 6 lbs in 5 weeks so I guess that is better than gaining or staying the same.

I am starting another running challenge this week. I want to do a 5K every single day.

diane: Sorry to hear that you have another migraine!

charlene: I can't wait to open our pool although it will probably be another month atleast. I am hoping to buy a new swimsuit when I lose a few more lbs.

beth: How are ya today?
hhhmom74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 03:07 PM   #63
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bethr
Stats: 289.5/241.5/234 by 7/21/14
WOE: FMD
Start Date: First Time 4/01 Restart 4/28/14
Good afternoon all!

Went to the gym with dh today and did the leg workout. I worked out pretty hard. I've really been feeling off my game for the last few days, very depressed and unmotivated. I feel a bit better today. I've started cross stitching on one of the two bibs that match the quilt. We must deliver that quilt this weekend. Tomorrow evening we are going out to listen to music with one of band and his wife. And I finally got a call back from the HR rep on Friday morning. I've not talked to her yet but will call her Monday morning. She works in two different offices with two different phone numbers and of course I didn't know that. We'll see how it goes.

Diane--how's that migraine? I hate it when they start at night and you just can't get rid of them. Congrats on making it to the gym! Hopefully you are enjoying a nice nap.

Charlene--how is your weekend going?

Rachel--that scale finally figured out which way it was supposed to go? 5k a day. That is challenge. Good luck.

Back to stitching. I'm sore after the workout and am going to take it easy the rest of the day.

See my blog www.bethrado.blogspot.com

One step, one hour, one day at a time.
bethr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 04:00 PM   #64
Blabbermouth!!!

I've been very good today, and step class was good.. I didn't do the last part though.. I did the bench part just fine despite being very tired, but usually doing the building fitness exercises (weights, etc..) will make a migraine come back or get worse. I got a decent work out though. I did come home and take a "kind of" nap.. I'm not sure how much asleep I really was.

Beth: Good for you going to the gym! I know it's hard when you are feeling down.. believe me I know!

Rachel: Yayayayayay for 132!!! I've been so good today I am really hoping for good numbers in the morning!

Charlene: Wuzzuuuuuup?
Annie64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 06:42 AM   #65
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sports_mom
Stats: 253.6/203.4/175
WOE: Low Carb
Good morning! Finished mowing yesterday and did a little more yard work. Took DD14 and a couple friends to see "42". Great movie. Came home and got a couple of Redbox movies - watched "Argo" last night - another good one. Am about to do my workout and then work some more in yard and finish laundry. Scale finally moved into the 194 range after being stuck several weeks. It's almost shorts and bathing suit time and I so want to look decent.

Diane - hope those migraines cease for a while. You've been fighting with those suckers for too long.

Beth - yay for getting your workout in in a funk. That always helps me to work out even when I don't want to.

Rachel - WHOOP! Yay for the scale movement!!

Have a great Sunday!
Old 04-14-2013, 12:32 PM   #66
Blabbermouth!!!

Scale was down a tad to 195.4.. man, it is just CRAWLING its way down! Ugh. Feeling sluggish today, but am getting ready to start working on my final painting. I still am not sure what it's going to be.. I may not know until I'm sitting at the easel!

I'm going to make myself start calling about apartments tomorrow.

Charlene: You are rockin the workouts girl! I need to get back to where I was.
Old 04-14-2013, 03:23 PM   #67

Hello Slimmers!

Scale was at 132 again this morning. I want out of the 130s so bad. I think this go around is going to be super slow.

diane: Down a little is better than going up! I know it is hard but hang in there!

charlene: What's the weather where you are?

beth: Glad you are feeling a bit better!
Old 04-15-2013, 04:21 AM   #68
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! Went to the movies again last night and took some more teens to see Temptation. Not really my kind of movie, but some of the kids were moved by the story. Kind of a shocking ending. After seeing 42, it just didn't compare... Got in my shoulder, abs and cardio workout already. I'm having to set the alarm early again because I started on Phase 2 of the program and 30 minutes of cardio is tacked on to the end of each workout. Really feeling the workouts. We are down to the last 6 weeks of school! YIPPEE!!!

Rachel - look at that scale moving. Here's hoping it keeps moving in the down direction for you! Weather has been phenomenal. DD14 and I actually sat at by the pool for a bit yesterday.

Diane - I hear ya with the crawling scale. I know it has a LOT to do with my diet. I have got to start white knuckling it and not give in to the little temptations - so not worth it. I wish I could remember that awful feeling of seeing those numbers on the scale when I go to put something past my lips that I shouldn't.

Beth - how was your weekend?
sports_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 06:06 AM   #69
Blabbermouth!!!

Once again.. CRAWLING down! 195.2. I hoped of course it would be lower today. I have been SO good. Unfortunately I couldn't go to the gym this morning because I woke up with another pretty bad migraine. I'm going to have to go tomorrow morning before work and get my prescription meds refilled.. I only have one more headaches-worth! Anyway, looking at my weight log (which is a dry erase board on my bedroom wall), the lowest I have been in the past three weeks was 195.0, which was exactly 3 weeks ago today. I will be glad to get on the under-side of the 90's. It's amazing how quickly time goes by, and them I'm kind of surprised that my weight has been THIS much up for THAT long.

Apparently I DID win money through that online student journal thing from school! I thought it was all over and done with because they already had the reception last week (which I couldn't make it to), and their website says nothing about any visual arts winners. I assumed all the winners (and prize money) went to the writers. I was kind of annoyed about that.. not that I thought I should win, but that SOMEone in visual arts should win SOMEthing! There are some great photos. So anyway, I got an email last night congratulating me, and it said that I won for BOTH semesters. They didn't say which paintings won though, but that I need to contact the faculty adviser for payment!

I spent most of yesterday trying to decide what to paint for my final! I think I've decided on a giraffe, but I'm still not 100% sure on that. I have to at least have it started by Wednesday night, but it's not due until next Friday.. we just take it in during the day, she sees it, photographs it, then you take it home since there are no more classes. It's tough because it's a pretty big canvas, and it would be nice to paint something I actually would want to hang on the wall... so I am still unsure.

Charlene: I've been so good though.. I don't get why I'm not losing at least a little faster! Maybe because I haven't been exercising as much these days. I really was mad I couldn't go to step this morning, but this migraine is still nagging.. the Excedrine took the edge off, but I still feel bad.

Rachel: YES! Down is always better than up! We can do this! I want to get out of the evil 90's SO BAD.. I still can't believe I am once again "livin' in the 90's"... that was NEVER supposed to happen. Nor were the 80's for that matter!

Beth: Hope you are feeling better and that you had a nice weekend. Did you get the quilt to the baby yet? Hey, if you are serious about me doing a commissioned painting, private message me on facebook and we will talk!
Old 04-15-2013, 08:31 AM   #70
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all!

I'm a little tired today but not too much. Last night we went to see Toad the Wet Sprocket (its a band I've never heard of). It was OK. Not really a fan of that music, it was quite uninspiring. Everything sounded the same, same tempo, same structure, same droning. A few of their songs in small doses would be good, but a full hour, not so much. Must hit the gym and the chiropractor today. And call the HR rep. Just sent her an email to let her know I received her vm and would be calling today. On Wednesday we are going up to the ranch for 3 days and I'm looking forward to getting away.

Charlene--I loved Argo, I saw it twice, one in the theater and once on redbox. It has a great level of tension without being scary. Have you watched Life of Pi yet? Its a great movie. I saw it in 3D at the theater. Sounds like the weather is beautiful there. Its been windy and a little cool lately but should be in the 70s when we head up to Lake county. I did the tough leg workout on Saturday and so far I'm not the usual kind of sore I get, which should mean I am making progress?

Diane--boo on those migraines. I would guess that they are hormonal related, I know mine used to be. Now they are just plain mean. I'll pm you on FB about the art. I have a few ideas, inspired by your last painting of the dog (which was so very cute). At least the scale is moving and it will get out of the 90s soon I bet. Still haven't given the quilt to the baby. Can't seem to arrange a time when everyone is together. At this point I might as well wait until I finish the bibs (which are going much faster).

Rachel--how ya doing? again, at least the scale is moving. I predict you will see a 2 (and not at the end of the number) by the end of the week.

Must get ready to make a call. have a good day all.
Old 04-15-2013, 03:22 PM   #71
Blabbermouth!!!

What an awful day. It wasn't bad at first other than waking up with a migraine.. I called about that apartment, and they have a ground floor apt. available. I will probably go see it tomorrow. Only problem is, they don't take dogs. My son has a tiny chihuahua.. but his friend may be able to take care of her for a couple months until he can get his own place again. Other than that it is perfect as far as location, price, its 2 bedrooms...

So.. then my DD called me sobbing (and keep in mind she is like me.. she doesn't normally let people see or hear her cry.. ). Scared the crap out of me.. I thought she was in an accident or that someone had died. Well, someone did, and it's horrifying.. but it's our little Cocoa Bean. I decided about a year ago that my DD's boyfriends sister should be Cocoa's new mommy because no one was ever home here and she deserved to spoiled rotton... which she was with the sister (the mom too).. anyway, she was let out to go potty and somehow got into yard next door where there was a big dog. They went out to find Cocoa when she didn't come in, then my DD got there (she is staying there).. they looked over the fence... only to see that darn dog eating little Cocoa Bean. How do you EVER get an image like that out of your head??? I am so sick to my stomach. I'm going over soon for her burial. I'm just glad she was so loved and spoiled over there.. it was no ones fault.. just a horrific unfortunate accident.

Of course not long after that I hear about Boston. Thankful at least that my brother wasn't running in it this year. Just feeling so sick to my stomach.
Old 04-15-2013, 07:18 PM   #72
Major LCF Poster!

Oh, Diane - that's so sad. I am so sorry.

The Boston thing has me so shook up.
Old 04-16-2013, 05:17 AM   #73
Major LCF Poster!

Killer leg workout this morning. It's gonna be one of those can't-sit-on-the-toilet days tomorrow. lol

I can't watch anymore of the Boston coverage. Just rips my heart out. We aren't safe anywhere.

Diane - hope this morning brings good memories and less pain for sweet cocoa bean. I forgot to say congratulations on the winnings. Have you found out how much it is yet?

Rachel - hope your day is great!

Beth - yes, you are definitely making progress!! The ranch trip sounds amazing.

Have a wonderful day!!
Old 04-16-2013, 06:44 AM   #74
Blabbermouth!!!

194.4 this morning. Still crawling.. but I'm on the bottom half of the 90's at least. I didn't do bad yesterday, but I had a feeling the scale would be up today for some reason.. I think I might have been dreaming about eating.. maybe that's why I thought it would be up.

Yeah, I can't watch the coverage on Boston much right now either.. I'm already so stressed out about so many things, if I immerse myself in the news, I'm going to getting into a deeper funk and not function or something.

I sent the ex a text asking when he can pay this months rent, and of COURSE no response.

Charlene: I haven't heard back from the professor in charge, so I still don's know which painting or paintings won or how much.. the 1st place amount is $100.

Hi Beth and Rachel.. I'll check in again later.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:49 AM   #75
Blabbermouth!!!

194.4 this morning. Still crawling.. but I'm on the bottom half of the 90's at least. I didn't do bad yesterday, but I had a feeling the scale would be up today for some reason.. I think I might have been dreaming about eating.. maybe that's why I thought it would be up.

Yeah, I can't watch the coverage on Boston much right now either.. I'm already so stressed out about so many things, if I immerse myself in the news, I'm going to getting into a deeper funk and not function or something.

I sent the ex a text asking when he can pay this months rent, and of COURSE no response.

Charlene: I haven't heard back from the professor in charge, so I still don's know which painting or paintings won or how much.. the 1st place amount is $100. No one can figure out why Cocoa would leave their fenced yard (there is a small space between the gate and the fence post), but to go into the small opening into the neighbors yard? Why? It's weird. The people next door felt horrible, but no one blamed them, it's not like their dog was loose.. it was just a dog being a dog.. probably thought she was a squirrel! She was about the same size and color as a squirrel. Poor little bean bean.

Hi Beth and Rachel.. I'll check in again later.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:50 AM   #76
Blabbermouth!!!

I have no idea when I added to my post WHY it created a second post! Oh well.. I don't see a way to delete it.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:54 AM   #77
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all!

I woke up sore and with a headache. We have had some very strong winds for the last several days and its blowing all of the pollen around, so I think this is a sinus headache. And I'm sore from going to the gym yesterday. I had a good workout but I kept tossing and turning last night because I was hurting. And the good news is that I finally connected with the HR person and I have an in person interview on April 30th. Woo Hoo! Its a long road to go from here but at least I'm starting. Still going to continue looking because you never know what is going to happen. Today I have errands and work around the house. We leave tomorrow for the ranch.

Diane--you are making progress, even if it is slow. I can't watch the coverage on the Boston attack. I'm so sorry to hear about your pup. How absolutely awful! Breaks my heart! Hang in there. Congrats on winning "something" We are all waiting to hear what it was. Nice job! I had no doubt you would do it.

Charlene--how are you doing today? I know that feeling with the tough leg workouts and the next day. The small muscles in the glutes (minimus and medius) are really deep and are right on the sit bones and when they are not happy, no one is happy. My next workout is supposed to be legs intensive but my chiro told me not to do them this week, just cardio today or tomorrow. Dont' want to be in bad pain and then away from the chiro. And I will be doing some serious hill hiking while on the ranch. So looking forward to getting away. I mean, its not like I've done a lot in the last several months but getting away just seems like a good thing.

Rachel--how are you doing today? What's new?

Have a good one. Must make my grocery list and get going after I finish my tea.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:40 AM   #78
Blabbermouth!!!

I went to look at that apartment this morning. It's definitely smaller and older.. if it were just me I would probably go for it, but this place won't take dogs and since my son is with me a while longer and he has Pebbles... well, I don't know what to do. He is going to ask his ex room mate if she can take care of her for a few months until he gets a job and his own place, but I highly doubt she will do it. I need to get a place in a good location for him to find a job, and this place is perfect location-wise. The other issue is in the application, there is a page for my current apt. manager to fill out and asks if I pay on time.. and if not how often. Soooo, yeah.. my ex has made my life difficult in ways he doesn't even know. Unless I can get her to lie on it, there is no way. I don't know how I'm going to get an apt with everything going against me! I have no pay stubs.. credit is bad.. because of my ex my renting history is horrible... what to do.. what to do... Oh yeah, and also because of the ol child support issue my savings are gone as well. I can't wait to tell him whats what. Not to mention he still hasn't said anything about this months rent. It's all just a big hairy mess!

On the other hand, I saw my DD's new apartment last night and it is NICE! I would move there in a second if I could afford it! But it is several hundred more than I can afford. If my son gets a job in the meantime, it might work out though... but then there are all the other issues. I really don't want to resort to a drug-bug-noise-infested place that will take anyone that walks in.

This isn't a "poor me" post.. I'm just trying to figure things out.

Beth: Awesome! Good luck with your interview!!! If I am that sore from a workout I usually take some pain meds before bedtime so I can sleep.. I haven't been working out enough lately to worry about it though. Back to step in the morning.. Yeah, poor little Bean. The DD's boyfriends sister and mom became VERY attached to her and were extremely upset. I told them that I was happy that she had a good life with them and was loved and spoiled ROTTON.

<--- since when have we had this smilie? I don't remember seeing it

Last edited by Annie64; 04-16-2013 at 11:41 AM..
Old 04-16-2013, 01:50 PM   #79
Major LCF Poster!

Just got home from groceery shopping. My headache got really bad and my body is really sore. I went to SBX for a coffee and was sitting out in the sun enjoying the day and then got really sad. When I was in Trader Joe's, all of the old people were there-the one's with the walkers and no sense that they are blocking the aisle-and I just missed my mom so much, I would so like to be able to take her to the grocery store, or anywhere again. And now this wonderful little town that we moved to 16 years ago feels so empty without her and the rest of my family. It doesn't feel like home anymore. I'm just really sad. It happens like this-grief. It comes barrelling out of no where and hits you unaware. I'm feeling lonely and disconnected. I need a job and to get back into life. At least I feel like I'm beginning to make progress. There is another job possibility that has cropped up. Will see where that goes.

Diane--while it does seem like you have a lot of "issues" tied up with your ex and his lack of responsibility perhaps there are a few things you can do to proactively head off the consequences. Is there a court order or mediation settlement document that states you ex is responsible for payment of your rent? If so, write an explanation and attach the relevant portions of the document. If you have a good relationship with your current apartment manager and there have been no other issues, have her write a statement to the effect that while there has been issues regarding payment, you have always worked diligently to make sure the rent is paid and that you have been a good tenant. Perhaps your current employer could also write a letter of recomendation stating that you have worked for them for x number of years, the trust they place in you and how responsible you are. The bottom line is that the rent was always paid, even if it was late and if you are the one taking over the payment, then its now a different story. I think being proactive and up front will go a long way in securing a new place. Have you looked at renting in something other than an apartment complex, like a condo where the owner will rent to you? I'm sure you will find the right place. I'm putting good vibrations out for you.
Old 04-16-2013, 01:51 PM   #80
Major LCF Poster!

I guess we are now able to say: "busy as a "
Old 04-16-2013, 05:17 PM   #81

Evening Slimmers!

Scale was still at 132 this morning. Just did 4.5 miles in 60 minutes on the treadmill. I really wish I had the time to run every evening but I don't. I am thinking about joining a 12 week program called Second Chance Lifestyles. I am not sure when the next session starts yet.

beth: So sorry you are sad right now!

diane: Hang in there in the apartment search!

charlene: I can't watch the Boston coverage anymore either. It makes me so sad!!
Old 04-17-2013, 10:48 AM   #82

Hi Slimmers!

Where is everyone today? I hope everyone is having a great day!!
Old 04-17-2013, 11:03 AM   #83
Blabbermouth!!!

Another slow crawl! 194.2.. only down .2. This is the slowest I think I have ever lost.

I went back by the 2 bedroom apt. and showed my DD. When we pulled in there were 3 police cars! Apparently someones alcoholic son knocked on another tenants door I guess because she complained or something.. grabbed another tenant by the arm and threw her phone down.. she called the police. He won't be living there anymore apparently. But anyway, THAT lady said she has lived there for 2 years and that I will love it. So, I'm talking to the cops, and mentioned my old street where I had my house, and one of the cops knew me! He's like.. you had the Cherokee right? LOL.. it's because my Jeep got broken into a few times over several years.. but this cop remembers me from 3 or 4 years ago? Funny...

Anyway, I am undecided about that place, but I may try for it if I don't find anything else better. I'm going to look at a 1 BR on Friday that is also a very good location.. AND small dogs are ok. My DD offered to take care of my sons dog for a while until he can get his own place.. but he is really pushing to get a place where he can keep her with him. I don't blame him one bit.. but *I* would have to pay the extra money at first, plus extra deposit and all that.

Oh finally heard from the ex.. rent can be paid Friday. He also said "last month" and I'm like.. Uhhh no, next month is.. DD graduates in June. He said ok and a smilie face. Really? A smilie?

Went to step class this morning and actually got a good workout! I did get a bit out of breath and lightheaded like I do sometimes, so I took frequent water breaks, but I made it through! Tonight is my last painting class until fall... I am SOOOO going to miss it. And my friends in there.

Beth: Thanks for all that I am trying to be proactive.. it's hard when it seems like so much. I am going to talk to my current apt. manager on Friday when I go to pay the rent and see what she will say about my rental history there. She DOES know my situation, so I am hoping she will be ok with bending the truth! It's not like she can get in trouble for it or anything. I can also print out my deposits for my bank, as well as my last tax return (hopefully they accept that and don't say they need THIS years). So, I am trying to figure things out and make it work. Coming up with a deposit for a place right now is going to be really hard.. but it will work out somehow. It is going to really stink not only downsizing (which I'm ok with) but downGRADING).. that's the hard part. That cop I was talking to that remembered me suggested a certain complex I know of.. but he said it is probably abt. 700 for a one bedroom there.. that is too much for me. I could pay it, but would have to eat dinner at the grocery store samples!

Rachel: There must be something in the air or the water that is keeping up from losing any substantial weight. I swear, it was easier losing this weight before I went to San Diego, but this time it is SO HARD. It just does NOT want to go away! I'm hoping getting myself back up to my usual exercise routine will help... although the week after next I won't be able to go to the gym the middle days of the week.

Charlene: How are you doing today?

Last edited by Annie64; 04-17-2013 at 11:07 AM..
Old 04-17-2013, 01:54 PM   #84

diane: I agree something is in the air or water! I have never had such a hard time losing weight. My weight is back up to 133 this morning.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:03 PM   #85

Evening Slimmers!

Scale was at 133 this morning so I was up 1 lb. I just don't get this darn scale. I just have to keep telling myself that I am doing the right things despite what the scale says.

I just got off the treadmill. I did 4.75 miles in 60 minutes so I increased my pace from last night. I will have to get on the treadmill bright & early tomorrow if I want to run at all.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:33 AM   #86

Good Morning!

I am back to 132 this morning. I actually am feeling slimmer too. I didn't get up in time to get on the treadmill so it'll be Saturday before I can run again.

I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 04-18-2013, 06:02 AM   #87
Blabbermouth!!!

To celebrate his 21st bday, the guy in my painting class brought cupcakes that he made himself last night! I had to have one, but of course that led to two.. but technically I didn't really have dinner. Regardless, the scale was up a LITTLE this morning.. thankfully not much.. less than half a lb. I don't feel like it knocked me out of control at all.

I am so sore from yesterdays workout! Means I dun good!

I am not a mean person at ALL.. but do you remember the girl I was talking about that smells just.. well.. awful? She was over on the painting 1 side of the room, but you could smell that odor from 10 feet away (it's like a strong mix of manure and old kitty litter boxes... Anyway, I was looking through their classes work from the week before, and I knew right away which one was hers.. even her canvas had that smell. Sooooo.... at the end of class I asked the professor if anyone from painting 1 had mentioned taking painting II in the fall, and she mentioned that girl!! OMG I hope not. I'm not kidding.. I don't think I can stand it if she is my class.. the odor burns into your memory it's that bad! The painting t II area is only big enough for about 8 people.. so it's not like I have a lot of space I can put between her and me... I did find out what it is though... they have CHICKENS... in their HOUSE!!!! Chickens and cats. Strange combination! But yeah.. she seems like a real nice girl, but oh LORDY please don't take my class! It is seriously so bad it makes me want to throw up. What do I do if she is in there and I just can't take it? Maybe I'll get used to it?

Rachel: Yes, all we can do is keep on going and working at it.. because the alternative is not an option!!!!
Old 04-18-2013, 09:13 AM   #88
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning everyone!

Hope you are having a good day. Yesterday we came up to the ranch and I just so love being here. It is quiet and beautiful and nothing to do but look out the sindow or hike the 80 acres. Zora was so excited the minute we pulled through the gate-she started to run around and enjoy all the smells. She can run to her heart's content and then she is just exhausted. The spring wild flowers are all over the place. I'll put up some pix later. So today is a really big day for me. I don't know if you ladies know that I am in recovery. Today is 25 years for me. That's a long time. Its not something I talk about much at all, and I work hard at protecting my anonomity, and I trust that those of you who know me in RL will be discreet. So today we are hanging at the ranch, will go for a hike when it warms up and just enjoy this beautiful day. Expecting temps in the upper 70s. So what's up with the midwest and all of the storms? How are you all faring?

Diane--don't know what to tell you about the girl with the "aroma". It might mean you go over to the other side of the room and make it the teachers problem to come to you. Its such a tough one because I am sure she doesn't realize she smells. She is used to it. Think about smokers, they don't realize that everyone can smell cigarettes on them.

Rachel--how is the weather where you are? Glad to hear you are feeling slimmer.

Charlene--how is the weather there. Such a tragedy about the fertilizer factory explosion.

Anyway-have a good day all!

Beth
Old 04-18-2013, 09:47 AM   #89
Major LCF Poster!

The fertilizer factory explosion was heard here in my town! That's the best little town. I always go through and buy kolaches there at the Little Czech Bakery. So sad. Kids here know many kids there through sports. Really getting down about all these tragedies. I'm doing well working out every day. Busy. Will try to get on here and post replies later.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:33 PM   #90
Blabbermouth!!!

I looked at the 1 bedroom tonight, and I really liked it! It is small, but charming and has character, and the rooms I think are big enough for my furniture. It has wood floors, and a laundry shoot! It's kind of a strange set up... there are four apts., and in the basement each one has their own coin operated washer! lol.. no dryer though, but she said I can put a dryer down there if I want. Parking is the only real downside. There is a big driveway with four rows of cars, but she said I wouldn't be able to park there. Hmmm. Not a lot of street parking either, but I like it so much I think I can live with that. I just have to talk to the manager here and see what she is going to tell them when they call... then.. come up with a $550 deposit. It's the perfect location for my son to walk to a job until he gets his car situation taken care of too. I have a much better feeling about this place than the other two bedroom.

Beth: No I didn't know, but congrats on 25 years! That's amazing! .. The pics of Zora are beautiful! Love them! .. There is always the chance the girl won't end up taking the class.. oh one can only hope! I know what you mean about smokers believe me! There is one of them in there too, although this semester I hardly smelled it on her.

Charlene: How freaky to hear the explosion! Were people afraid it was another Boston type thing? How close is your town to West? One of my facebook friends from Fort Worth mentioned that same bakery.

Rachel: Yay for being back to 132! Wow.. feels weird to type out that number!