Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2013, 08:28 AM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bethr
Stats: 289.5/225/? by ?
WOE: FMD
Start Date: First Time 4/01 Restart 4/28/14
OK--now I'm back. Sometimes the cursor just jumps all over the place and makes me crazy!

Rachel--WTG on running. Very good challenge. Of course, I can't run due to my knees. But I remember the days when I could, and it was cool.

Diane--how you doing today? Back to the gym? I'm with you. And my goal is to eat on plan. I'm not exactly gung-ho about it, but I'm going to do it one meal, one snack at a time.

Charlene--how are you doing after your fun weekend?

The laundry is calling my name and I better get to it before it crawls off on its own.

Have a good day.

See my blog www.bethrado.blogspot.com

One step, one hour, one day at a time.
bethr is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2013, 08:34 AM   #32
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Annie64
Stats: 245/175.6/ ? 5'8"
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 6/2/08
I was EXTREMELY discouraged this morning when I got on the scale and it was UP a couple lbs! I was pretty good yesterday too.. not perfect, but not bad enough for a 2+ lb gain... I totally expected to see a loss! I couldn't even go to the gym this morning I was so upset. I got to work to find there are all my old favorite carbs.. Oreo's, Doritos, Coke's.. among other things.. but the good news is, I don't feel like touching any of it. I have to get out of the mindset that "a little won't hurt me" because even though that worked for quite a while, obviously it's not working for me now! I was a little worried there for a while about the Coke's because I was back to drinking 1 or 2 per day! Yikes... feels good to be Coke free for about a week now. The funny thing is.. I left for San Diego at 189, and I came home at 189 (by some miracle after eating all that Mexican food).. but I GAIN 10 LBS since I've been back.. in a months time? That's insane.

I am really trying to bring myself out of this funk.. I AM thankful and happy I got that nanny job, but that's only a piece of the stress puzzle. I have to talk to my current boss to see if they will keep me the other days and how much they will pay me.. if not I'm back to looking for a part time job I can work around the new job. Then there is the apartment situation.. that is the biggest thing hanging over my head. My weight issue just makes everything that much worse because I feel so bad about myself right now.. I don"t feel like myself. I just need to figure out and get through the next few months. Also.. it seems every time I start to feel better about things, BOOM.. something happens to spoil it! All this stress is making me have a really hard time getting any artwork done.. I don't feel creative at all.. in fact, I STILL haven't even started the painting that is due Wednesday night!

My DD just got a big promotion at work! She is 18, has been working at Moe's for a year, and they are making her a manager! Not even assistant manager, but a MANAGER! woo hoo! Down side is, she will be manager at a new one they are opening 30-40 minutes away, but she will still work at the one down here a few days a week. At least the far one is up where her brother moved to.

Rachel: You are doing great!!!

Beth: You need to post a picture of the quilt! I hope you took a picture of it before you boxed it up! When you talk about soreness from the gym, I actually look forward to feeling that again. I have been so wishy-washy about the gym, and it's because my weight is up so much - which is even MORE reason to go, but I don't feel comfortable, so I tell myself, lose some of the water weight, then go back. Ugh.

Charlene: How was your weekend?

Last edited by Annie64; 04-08-2013 at 08:36 AM..
Annie64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:47 AM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sports_mom
Stats: 253.6/203.4/175
WOE: Low Carb
Party was a huge success - maybe a little TOO huge. LOL LOTS of food was eaten. I did have an incident where one girl was not invited and she brought in her styrofoam cup. I guess she didn't realize that's the oldest trick in the book and I had my DS and DIL there to help chaperone. We saw her make a trip t her car, so DS guarded the gate while DIL went through the girl's truck. Sure enough - empty beer cans under the driver's seat - one with condensation. So we made dd14 learn a lesson - we had her tell the girl we KNEW she was drinking and we would not allow her to drive out of our driveway. She had to get someone to take her home. She left and then we suspected there was someone else with alcohol, never could prove it, but DIL smelled what she thought was liquor in an empty cup. So, once again, we had DD14 approach the friend we thought it might be. She gave him absolute pure H E L L. LOL He swore he wasn't - and he pouted the rest of the night. We just want the kids know that we will not be THAT house. LOL Apparently everyone had a great time hanging out and according to dd14 - they all tweeted that they had fun so she was happy despite that little snafu. Good learning lesson.

My sister decided on the OTHER job - the one that pays $16/hour, so she will not be moving in with me. She called the place she was supposed to work starting today and thanked them for giving her a chance but this was something she just couldn't pass up.

Worked out this morning. Really trying to focus on doing some different eating to budge the scale which seems to be STUCK! Ugh!

Beth - yay for you for getting back into a routine in the gym. Sounds like you are almost where you were before you got sick.

Rachel - wow - you are getting after it getting those miles in!! Hoping you see your 130!

Diane - congratulations on the job!!! When will you know if your current employer will keep you the other 2 days?
Old 04-08-2013, 10:39 AM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Diane--yes I took pix of the quilt and will post on FB once we give it to Lili. Her parents are my friends on FB and I don't want to spoil the surprise. I'm so sorry you're having a hard time. I know what you mean. I can only say it will get better. Perhaps you might want to consider taking fish oil again (perhaps not as much, or a different brand). It might help how you are feeling. I'm pretty convinced that part of your problems is hormones and that nasty perimenopause. And of course nutrition is one of the things that help us with that and its so much more difficult to eat well when we're not feeling well. Things are starting to fall into place but not as quickly or as neatly as you'd like (boy can I relate!) Get thee to the gym! You will feel better if you go (and you know I'm right-I keep telling myself the same thing)

Charlene--so how many people did you have at your house. Good for you about being a stickler regarding alcohol. The parents in my county think alcohol and weed are perfectly acceptable. Too many kids have died in alcohol related crashes here. At least one crash a year. We have a social host law here after one such incident, so if you allow underage kids to drink at your house you will be charged. Of course, there is also a huge number of dui and drug related cases for the 18-25 yo in adult drug court (where dh works) and the parents are usually the biggest enablers-their precious kids would never do anything wrong. It is very sad because the kids are the one to pay the price.

OK--the gym is now calling my name.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:07 AM   #35
Blabbermouth!!!

2pm and I've been perfect! Drinking water, had eggs with salsa and cheese for lunch.. no cheats at all. I don't even feel like it one bit. Very emotional today.. I realize this month marks a year since I saw Curt in person. Stupidly I re-read the emails I sent him.. bawled like a baby! Still hurts unbelievably bad even after all this time. After I get through these next few stressful months, if I don't see him, I will close that door. It will be the hardest thing I have ever done. By closing the door I mean completely giving up and moving on.. but I still won't delete him on facebook or from my phone. I still say.. I HAVE to see him and get a real explanation. I understand I might not get that though. He stills wants to see me, so he says... he wants two of my paintings still.. I'm so confused. But enough about that!

Beth: I definitely agree that it is perimenopause. There are just too many things going on that match up with that... ugh. I certainly don't need this NOW! I would love to take fish oil again.. but I'm afraid! I will try a different brand and see if it's any better. I haven't been taking my vitamins for quite a while either.. and I want to get back on track with those as well. I know I know.. I will feel better when I get back to the gym.. I plan to be very good today and tomorrow and then maybe I will feel more "normal" by step class on Wednesday. I will go regardless!

Charlene: Aww, I'm sure you're disappointed your sister won't be moving in with you. I can understand wanting to take a job that pays more though. Where will she be living then? --- I'm going to tell my boss tonight that I got the other job and that her hubby had mentioned maybe keeping me the other days and see what she says. Even if they do I might STILL get a part time job I can do on the weekends and two nights a week.. maybe. At least for the summer until I get my school money again.

Last edited by Annie64; 04-08-2013 at 11:10 AM..
Old 04-08-2013, 11:18 AM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

(((((Diane)))))). Def get back on your vitamins. Nutrition (as I just relearned AGAIN) makes a huge difference in how we feel. Start slow with the fish oil and try a different brand. I use trader joe's oderless, but I also tried one that I really liked by nordic naturals (at vitamin shoppe). The better the quality (and usually more expensive) the better filtered they are with fewer side effects. Maybe take one 1 day and then wait a day or two before taking another so your body can adjust. Its really the omega 3 oils that you really want. Don't know if you are getting any night sweats yet, but natural things like black cohash and other herbs can help a lot. I found Remifemin to be helpful. You can find it at just about any drug store. Calcium/Magensium/Zinc at night can help you sleep (and is good for your bones and stress), a good multi vitamin with lots of B vitamins is great for helping with stress, as is vitamin C. We're here and hear for you, girl. It will be OK.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:16 PM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Made it to the gym and did 37 minutes on the rower and 9 on the bike. And stretched. I feel pretty good. Had to have a protein after my work out-and lots of water. Tomorrow will be weights again. My goal is 4x this week.
Old 04-08-2013, 03:58 PM   #38
Blabbermouth!!!

Almost 7pm and I have still been perfect! I still have a few homemade lowcarb tuna cheddar veggie pot pies in the freezer, so I had one of those for dinner. Drinking lots of water!

I'll be painting until late tonight.. as much as I can stand! About to change into my bum clothes in case I get messy.

Beth: No thank goodness! No night sweats yet. Basically besides the sudden very late visit by TOM and the creepy fast weight gain, I have also noticed a faint.. well, lets just say I was laying in bed with my arms up and smelled something under them! Very faint.. but still, it's NOT normal for me.. I NEVER stink! And I hadn't even gotten sweaty! .... Good for you at the gym!! I am REALLY wanting to get that feeling back.. that strength.. I feel like I haven't work out in years.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:33 PM   #39
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: hhhmom74
Stats: 199.5/132/120 5'4"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 6/22/02 restarted more than once
Good Evening Slimmers!

Just did 3.5 miles for a 6 day total of 27 miles! I never thought that I could really do that. The challenge doesnt end until tomorrow but since I passed the 40k already I am not sure if I will run tomorrow. I really think I need to take a day or 2 off.

Really hoping to see the scale start moving downward again.

Diane: good job! You can do this! Also sending you lots of !!! Hang in there!

Beth: cant wait to see the quilt! Good job at the gym!!

Charlene: glad the party was a success!! I agree with you on not being "that" house.
hhhmom74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:38 AM   #40

Good morning slimmers!

Scale must be liking the # 133 because it has been there since Saturday. I was really hoping to see some lbs lost from all the running these last few days. my next challenge is going to be doing planks, wall sits, sit ups and pushups for 7 days. I will also continue running but probably just 3-4 miles daily.

I had to cancel my color run 5k because that is the same day that DS's show choir is competing at Nationals. I am looking for another one either the weekend before or after. I am already signed up for a 5k June 8th.

I will check back later today. I hope everyone has a fabulous day!!!
Old 04-09-2013, 05:50 AM   #41
Blabbermouth!!!

I can tell I was super good yesterday because I have the "Day 2 Migraine" to prove it! Scale was 199.6 yesterday, and today it was down to 196.8. Still way up there, but I'm heading in the right direction and I am feeling strong as far as food.

Both of my bosses happened to be there last night, so I mentioned that I got the job, but they were in a huge rush to get the boys to baseball, so I just said to think about it and let me know. I know there is a possibility they will say no.. but then again it was HIM that suggested it to ME... so if it's a no, obviously it would be coming from the mom.

Ok, I got the two small 12x12" paintings done last night.. one was due a few weeks ago (not worth posting a picture of, lol, then there is the elephant pointillism one that is due tomorrow and well as the BIG painting I haven't started yet! I also have to decide on he subject of my final painting. I've only decided it will be an animal, I just don't know what species yet! I have a day to figure it out!

Rachel: You are doing GREAT with that challenge! I am feeling like I want to do more than just my step and pilates classes. Eventually I would like to add yoga back in, but I am thinking I would like to do more eliptical and weights as well.
Old 04-09-2013, 06:58 AM   #42

Diane: congrats on the weight loss and getting back on plan! Yikes on the migraine! Mine lasted 2 days this time around. Inreally need to add in weights to my workout plan but I dont want to spend $ on joining a gym again.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:42 AM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all!

Hope you are having a good day. It will be nice here today, into the 70s. We have a nice warm-up coming. Going to do errands today and go to the gym for a weight workout. I was pretty good all day on food until the evening when I got hungry and crabby and then remembered that the migraine would show up on Wednesday, which is a very busy day for me and the day of my phone interview. Sooo..I'm going to do as well as possible but have some carbs at dinner (aka Carb addicts diet) until Thursday.

Rachel--WTG on completing that challenge. Next once sounds very difficult too. With all the running you've been doing, you probably are holding some water in your muscles, which will hopefully whoosh away soon. Charlene created her own at home gym for weight workouts. Do you have room to do something like that?

Diane--Nice drop on that scale! Here's to another good day.

Charlene--what's up with you?

Must do a thorough clean on the bird cage today. Have a good one!
Old 04-09-2013, 09:56 AM   #44
Blabbermouth!!!

Doing great! Feels good! Downing the water like crazy.

Gorgeous day here as well and in the 70's. I would take the dog for a walk but I'm waiting for the dryer repair guy.. maybe if he gets here and gets done in time I can still get outside. It would be nice to get at least a walk in today.

Beth: Good idea trying to dodge the migraine tomorrow! Good luck with your interview!! I remember the Carb Addicts Diet! I tried that years ago.. it actually seemed to work somewhat! I remember one day I had 2 chili cheese dogs and a Coke in my "carb meal" and still lost weight the next day! lol.. Occasionally that diet comes to mind if I know I'm going to be have a cheat meal or something.

Rachel: 2 days? Ouch! Fortunately I took some meds as soon as I noticed it and it's gone now.

Charlene: Wuzzup with you today?
Old 04-09-2013, 10:13 AM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

Howdy! Home for lunch. I got on to post this morning, but between 4:15 a.m. and 4:30 a.m. I guess this site goes under for maintenance or something because I can NEVER get on and it was 4:16 when I realized as I sat down to post and sure enough - did not load.

I got in my tricep and chest workout this morning. I'm starting to see the lines in my biceps again. I love the toned feeling. I'm also doing well on eating and drinking water. It's beautiful here albeit a bit windy but tomorrow for district track - rainy and cold! UGH! DD14 tried to do hurdles yesterday and her knee locked up - not sure if she will be able to compete anymore this year.

Rachel - I am the same way about spending money on the gym. I have just gradually added dumbbells from garage sales and craigslist over the months until I have everything I need to do a thorough workout. The only thing I want is an olympic bar and bench just to have it - but I get by right now without - I'll just wait until I find a price I can't pass up. As far as room - before we moved to this new house where I have the extra room, I stored my weights behind the TV stand and pulled them out as I needed them. You are doing so well on your work outs! I am really looking for a new 5K myself.

Diane - Good for you for getting your paintings done and doing so well on your eating. That scale will surely be good to you if you keep it up. I sure hope your current bosses keep you on two days....that would be awesome.

Beth - you continue to do so well on your gym time! Do you see how funny is has been lately? We have all either been off and not gung ho on our plans or like now we are all on. LOL

Hope you all enjoy the rest of your day!
sports_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:19 PM   #46

Hi Slimmers!

I decided to take the evening off from running. I am going to do planks, wall sits, sit ups, squats and pushups tonight though since I am going ahead and starting my next 7 day challenge.

I ended up eating more calories/carbs than usual by fixing pizza on LC english muffins for supper. It tasted so good but I don't normally splurge like that.

charlene: I am going to try to see if I can find some used weights.

beth: I currently don't have any extra room for a weight room at home. I have my treadmill in the living room. Although we don't really ever use the living room. We are family room people.

diane: Glad you are doing good!
Old 04-09-2013, 06:08 PM   #47
Major LCF Poster!

Good evening,

I didn't make it to the gym today because my leg was really hurting and I didn't want it to get worse. I see the chiropractor tomorrow. And I've not done that great on eating. I've had the edge of a headache all day. I did manage to do somethings around the house. We are grilling a tri-tip on the grill for dinner and its going to be so good!

Have a great evening.
Old 04-10-2013, 03:39 AM   #48
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! Got in a leg workout plus I jumped on the treadmill for a HIIT workout and then finished with an incline workout. My legs should be good and sore tomorrow.

District track today and tomorrow. DD14 said she's going to try and compete - but she won't get out of district 4-stepping, so after this, we will work toward next year.

Rachel - legs are my favorite workout. It's just such a good overall workout.

Beth - hope your leg feels better today.

Hiya Diane!

Hope you all have a GREAT day!
Old 04-10-2013, 09:35 AM   #49
Blabbermouth!!!

Scale was down another .8, which puts me at 196. UGH. I was SO good yesterday with food AND drank a lot more water than usual.. I really had hoped (and expected) to at least be 195 by now. This is an all out war! For my height I am in the obese category until I get under 193.

I stayed up until 1am working on my painting.. (which I started right after work) I actually like how it is looking so far! The sky is cloudy and gray, the grass is kind of darkish, there is a big tree that the girl is sitting under with her head down and arms around her knees.. the bunny is laying in the grass to the side, and I am going to put a swing set in the distance basically to say she is still a child, but is saying goodbye to her childhood since the rabbit died I wasn't really finding just the RIGHT bunny when I searched dead rabbits, lol, so when I searched SLEEPING rabbits, I found the perfect bunny! He is asleep in the picture, but on the painting of course, he is supposed to be dead. It's a dark painting, but I like it. I hope to be able to finish it before class tonight. NOW I have to figure out what my final painting is going to be!

Oh.. I did go to the gym this morning. That was frustrating! First off, my friend said "Let's do the upstairs class today".. I was ok with that since I haven't been there in a week I prefer the downstairs though because it's more open and cool and a harder class. So I go upstairs, I see my friend at the door but she doesn't come in. I text her and ask her where she is, and she says DOWNSTAIRS! So I took a class I don't like in a hot room with an instructor I don't like for step class. I left half way through and went downstairs.. but at that point I got very queasy and lightheaded and sat out. She said she didn't me in there and there wasn't room.. I said, yes there was right next to ME! She didn't look very hard because I saw HER. Anyway, at least I went, but I didn't feel like I did anything in those 30 minutes.. the class was way too easy.. it's the same class I take on M and F, but this teacher is not great with step.. she calls the moves late.. BUT I love her for pilates.

Beth: Good luck with your phone interview! It's today right?

Rachel: I wish I could get myself to do some exercise at home, but every time I plan to, it never happens! I actually completely forget! That's one reason I need a gym

Charlene: Legs are my fav. too.. I guess because they are so much stronger than my arms.. I hate arm exercises! Well, not hate, but they are a lot harder!
Old 04-10-2013, 10:35 AM   #50
Major LCF Poster!

Morning all,

Didn't sleep too well last night, my upper back was hurting. I see the chiropractor in an hour. So I called the HR person at 9, which is when I said I would call and she wasn't there. I called again at 9:25 and she still wasn't there. And she never returns a call. I will try once more tomorrow and then I'm done. I've NEVER had an HR person do such a crappy job. She has another agenda I think.

Diane--can't wait to see your painting, sounds great, although a little dark. I like the interpretation. Glad the scale moved and you made it the gym, even if it wasn't your favorite class.

Charlene--I hear its cold down your way. Its really warm here, the air came on this morning. Love summer like weather.

Rachel--how ya doing.

Must get ready for the rest of my day. I feel a little off.
Old 04-11-2013, 05:07 AM   #51
Blabbermouth!!!

Discouraged! I've been good for days, and the scale went back up to 196.6 I think I feel and look smaller... maybe it's just wishful thinking. But sheesh, what do I have to DO? Not eat at all? Going to pilates this morning, although I don't feel like it.

Beth: Hope you got a better night's sleep last night!... yeah, the painting is definitely dark, but art can't always be sunshine and unicorns, Oh my gosh, I didn't like the story I got at first, but after hearing the stuff the other students got, I think I had it easy! Holy cow!
Old 04-11-2013, 05:42 AM   #52

Hiya Slimmers!

Scale is still at 133. This makes day 6. I seriously dont get it. I really thought it would start moving downward again.

Diane: hang in there! Your scale will start to move downward soon!

Beth: hope you slept better last night!

Charlene: howd you dd do at the track meet?
Old 04-11-2013, 09:22 AM   #53
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all!

Yesterday was 83 degrees here. Actually felt a little too warm. But now we are into a trend of 70s, especially for our trip up to the ranch next week. I've not been good. I haven't been feeling well or in a good place emotionally the last few days. I have no idea why that is. I do plan on going to the gym today though.

Rachel--evil scale! It will move, I know it will-if it doesn't make you crazy first.

Diane--can't wait to see the whole painting. Yes, not all art can be sunshine and unicorns . The scale is just evil today. But it will move. Any news from your current employers?

Charlene--what's up with you?

Have a lovely day all!
Old 04-11-2013, 11:05 AM   #54
Major LCF Poster!

Home for lunch. Got in my workout this morning and am really feeling sore lately. Love it!

DD14 did compete, although I doubt seriously she made the finals - the top 8 - but if she did - she will compete tonight as well. She will also long jump this afternoon. She said her knee hurt slightly but the main thing is she got through a whole flight of hurdles - emotionally - after such a bad fall. Boy, was it COLD AND RAINY yesterday for that track meet - AWFUL! I hated watching all those kids freeze while waiting for their races. Today is beautiful and sunny but a bit chilly - but so much better than yesterday!

Diane - It is so discouraging, isn't it? My scale has not moved in months - I know from lack of true effort on my part - but these past two weeks, I've upped the exercise and watched the food intake and it's still stuck. Can't wait to see your painting!

Beth - maybe that gym workout will help you - physically and emotionally. {{{HUGS}}}

Rachel - So sorry your scale is not moving either - but I guarantee you have lost inches.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-11-2013, 05:51 PM   #55

Evening Slimmers!

I am feeling so blah this evening. Not sure if it is the weather or what but I can't seem to shake this "cloudy" feeling.

charlene: Glad your DD14 was able to do hurdlers last night!

beth: 83* you are so lucky!!! I was meant to live somewhere warm all year long!!

diane: How are you doing today?
Old 04-11-2013, 06:38 PM   #56
Blabbermouth!!!

Nope. Didn't go to pilates! My friend flaked out on me... last minute she said she had to go to the store.. no biggie, I could have gone anyway, and normally I would, but after taking my migraine meds I was still feeling really tired. Once again, I woke up 5 hours after taking it! Always 5 hours exactly!

My boss gave me the news tonight. She said that the only thing she had budgeted for was a cleaning lady... etc... so, at least for now I'm going to do it, which means a little less money weekly than I hoped for, BUT I'll only work on Friday's, and I'll still get to see Peter It should be enough to get by.. I might have to get rid of cable, but I'll survive! It will be really nice to have 3 day weekends every week too! Woo hoo! Oh, and I won't have any "kid" responsibilities. I wonder how this will work in the summer when the kids are home all day. Hmmm.

I don't think my mom likes my last painting very much I asked her what she thought and she was like, ".... umm.. it's nice... it's pretty dark" GEEEeeezz! It's SUPPOSED to be! There are some things I would have done better had I not been so rushed. At least I got it done. It's not something I would normally paint.. I think she forgets the point that it is an assignment. An interpretation. Anyway, now I have to decide what my final painting will be. It's the biggest size yet! ...oh... my teacher asked me about the stupid still life I never turned in. Dang it! I thought I slipped that one past her! It's not like it will hurt my grade at ALL, but I have never NOT turned something in.. so I may try to get it done. After this semester I plan to dive back into my oil pastels, but also keep up with the acrylics.. and other mediums as well.

Beth: Yeah 83 is a little too warm.. I like the 70's unless I'm going to a beach, pool or water park. Did you hear from that HR lady yet? That is pretty unprofessional. ...

Charlene: Yes, evil scale. I'm so tired of it. I wouldn't have thought in a million years that I would be back at this weight struggling so much.. and exercise feels like I haven't done it in years. I want that strength back.. that confidence.. that feeling lighter feeling. I have done well this week, but I really had hoped for more of a loss.

Rachel: I think I have the blah's too. It's been cloudy and rainy all day here, which really does affect my mood. Since I got home from work I've just been on facebook and catching up with American Idol. Blah!
Old 04-11-2013, 08:18 PM   #57
Major LCF Poster!

Its official! Its a blah week. I've been really blah and not motivated this week. I strained my hamstring this morning so never made it to the gym. I'm pretty busy tomorrow. Don't know what's up with that but it is how I feel right now. I've not heard back from the HR person. I will call tomorrow. I have a feeling about this job, I'm just going to have to slog through the process. I had an email exchange with the other job I've been talking to also. Will talk to them either next week or the following one. I really don't know what's up with me, it could just be the grief stuff-not nearly as down as I was, but its still how I'm feeling.

Diane--I wouldn't be surprised if you end up with kid responsibilities at the old job once summer starts and the kids are constantly bugging you because that's what they are used to doing.

Have a good evening.
Old 04-12-2013, 04:34 AM   #58

Morning all!

Day 7 of the scale being at 133!! i really want to lose 8-13 more lbs by summer.

Beth and Diane: sorry to hear you guys are feeling so blah too.

Charlene: how are ya doing?
Old 04-12-2013, 07:45 AM   #59
Blabbermouth!!!

Ok.. 195.6.. that's the lowest I've been in 3 weeks! I went to step class this morning and did the whole class. They were using the Silver Sneakers music and people were hating it! It was a little blah for step class. It was stuff like "Fly Me to the Moon".. At least it was something different. Made me feel like tap dancing though. I get SO sick of the same music all the time. I'm glad my upcoming schedule will allow me to still take step on Mondays and Fridays, but since I can't get there T-W-Th, I will have to make sure I go on the weekends. I can't wait to have 3 day weekends! I think I will make Monday my art day / run errands day.

Beth: The grandpa may end up taking the kids to the swim club on Fridays, but he isn't able to do that every week, so it will be interesting to see how it works. The oldest boy is always antagonizing the younger ones, so I'm sure they will be coming to me because that is what they are used to doing. I hope Peter is going to be ok not seeing me every day.

Rachel: I hear ya on losing before summer! I'm freaking out at the thought of a bathing suit..

Charlene: Hiya! I'll check back later and see if you stopped in!
Old 04-12-2013, 04:07 PM   #60
Major LCF Poster!

Hello. DD14 did make the finals in the hurdles but didn't do as well as the night before because after long jumping, her knee was toast. I was proud of her anyway. I am soooooo tired today, but am mowing (taking a break right now) and then need to do housework. Tomorrow I want to work in the yard. I plan to sleep in tomorrow - at least until 7 LOL! Still been doing my workouts although today was a rest day so the mowing should help some. No more weighing until I get the cardio pumped back up after week 4 of LiveFit. It turned into a beautiful day. After mowing a bit, I almost want to jump in the pool.

Diane - that's awesome about your work schedule. Now what about housing? Good job on the scale moving back down!

Rachel - yes - i hear you too! I have a good pool now and I know kids will be here all the time and I don't want my own children embarrassed of their mom in a swimsuit.

Beth - hope your leg gets better. I worked out so hard yesterday on my shoulders that my neck was sore. It's better today.

Have a great weekend!!!