Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2013, 05:29 AM   #1
Queen Bargain Shopper

Gallery: Radmom413
Stats: Always a work in progress!
WOE: SB Vet/NMD
Start Date: Every day is a new start!
SOUTH BEACH VETS - Chapter 4 - April 2013

New Month!
How are we doing?
Radmom413 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2013, 05:31 AM   #2
Queen Bargain Shopper

Easter was uneventful!
We had brunch - didn't over eat, and then wasn't hungry all day till about 7 p.m. I had left over baked french toast.

Nothing else new here - off today for appointments with DD23 - she heads back late this afternoon.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:50 AM   #3
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: wiz
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 1/2/2008
Hello all!!

Taking a day off today...it's beautiful out. It's supposed to hit 60. Joe and I have a bunch of errands to do and plan on going out for lunch.

Was up 1 lb today...I did indulge a bit on some Easter delicacies. Hopefully it will gone by tomorrow.

Cindy, thanks for kicking off our new month!!
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:59 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: heahyou00
Stats: 246/195/150
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: August 2007
HI Girls,
Had a fantastic weekend with Michael and the boys. The beach was amazing on Saturday, felt like I was in California, even got sun burnt!! The kids had a blast. Easter was fun too, Michael finally met my mom that is living with me. That went well and lil man had fun hunting easter eggs. Back to work and school today! Its pretty slow though, so I have been playing games on my phone most of the day. Eating is back on track, I didnt step on the scales this morning cause I dont want to know how bad it is

Michael and I are going out to the movies tonight, gonna see The Incredible Burt Wonderstone, its the new Jim Carrey and Steve Carrell about magicians, looks funny, hopefully its good! We are going to our fav fancy theatre where you can drink booze inside the movies, no kids allowed and the seating is loveseats and recliners with ottomans

Not much else to report, Im glad its getting closer to summer, let the fun begin!! The week of the 14th we have 3 different concerts we are going too all in 1 week lol. That will be awesome! And I just found out Maroon 5 is coming to town and tics go on sale Saturday!! Anyone else plan to see them this tour? I love Adam Levine, he is hot!!

Kelly
heahyou00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:25 PM   #5
Queen Bargain Shopper

YAY Wiz! I didn't really overindulge too badly.
Today pretty much eating p1.

Kelly - I love love love Adam Levine and Maroon 5! That would be so fun to see them!!!
Old 04-02-2013, 01:57 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

HI Girls,
Bored at work today!! Wish I could head home, was kinda thinking about calling in tomorrow cause its supposed to be 70 and I dont have anything to do anyway, I could go lay out in the sun and just enjoy the day lol. But who knows if I will do that or not.

I placed an order today for another batch of my HCG, this time I am going to do the pellets instead of the injections, its way cheaper and obvioulsy I dont have to give myself a shot!! Major bonus. I am going to start them on 4/19 and then that will put me finishing just in time for our California trip for my bday So between now and the 19th I am going to try and get back down to close to where I left off before at 168, I am going to weigh in tomorrow and see what the damage is, I am guessing I am about 10 pds over that, sad to say

Not much else to report, gonna color my hair tonight, have a great week!

Kelly
Old 04-03-2013, 05:38 AM   #7
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Beachers!!

Kelly, we could use some of that warm weather, it is still very cold here. I went running this morning and it was 29 out. UGH!

Cindy, I didn't get back to Phase 1 - until today. And sadly, the scale showed it this morning. I am still up from the weekend. It really seems like the only way for me to lose weight is Phase 1. I can maintain on Phase 2 or higher, but not lose.

All I can tell you girls is that work is killing me. I closed this HUGE deal, which took me months of work, including many nights and weekends. And of course, now they want to screw me in term of what they are supposed to pay me on it. And you know what? It's really not the money that bothers me, it is the principle of the thing. I am way too old for this crap.

Sorry to whine

2014 Running Miles: 125
2014 Walking Miles: 105
2014 Biking Miles: 286
Old 04-04-2013, 05:59 AM   #8
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Scale moving back down...which proves my theory that I only lose when I am on Phase 1. Another Phase 1 day on tap today and I hope to be back where I was last Friday. I'm only 4/10ths of a lb up. Then this week will just be a wash, which is okay since it was a holiday.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:57 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Girls,
Well all the junk food is gone at my house now, so hopefully I should be able to get rid of these 10 pds that I put on, I am hoping most of it will be gone by the 19th when I start my next round of HCG. Tomorrow night Michael and I are taking his boys to another hockey game, they are super fun to go too! The local team is in the playoffs. Then Saturday I have a friends bday party to attend, we are supposed to go dancing at some 80's retro club lol. That should be interesting.

Anyway, prob wont check in the rest of the weekend, have a great one and I will see you guys on Monday

Kelly
Old 04-04-2013, 06:36 PM   #10
Queen Bargain Shopper

I had a P1 day.
Same as you Wiz, I have to do this P1 to be able to lose.
I need to get some good snacks in the house.

Kelly - have a fun weekend.
Old 04-05-2013, 04:48 AM   #11
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

No movement on the scale this morning, darn it. I wanted to start this weekend with a clean slate from my Easter slip-up. Oh well, 4/10ths of a lb is practically a rounding error, right??

I did a bit of Spring clothes shopping this week. The Loft had a 50% off shopping night. So after dropping Joe off at a retirement dinner, I headed on over. Picked up some very cute tops and a skirt. 4 items for about $70.

We're going to a Final 4 party on Saturday night at our neighbor's, which is always a good time. They have a couple of TVs going and everyone who doesn't care about college hoops congregates in the kitchen. My issue, of course, will be what to eat!

Kelly, enjoy your weekend! I love live hockey games...

Cindy, what's up for you all this weekend?
Old 04-05-2013, 05:29 PM   #12
Queen Bargain Shopper

DH and I are having a Walking Dead marathon.
We ordered Chinese - I got steamed veggies and chicken.

I have a huge list to accomplish this weekend - since every weekend after this one is tied up with one thing or another.......I am sure we will be watching some basketball too.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:57 PM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

HI Ladies,
Had a fun weekend!! I didnt weigh in this morning cause I know its bad. I will check tomorrow morning, I have this week and next week to try and get off as much as I can before I start round 3 of my HCG, I am hoping to get back to close to where I left off so hopefully I can reach my goal weight this round. We will see how I do! I am pretty much sticking to phase 1 with a few tweaks. I have 3 concerts to attend next week, so I am sure I will have a few drinks, but will stick to Vodka with Crystal light.
Not much else to report, we are supposed to have rain here all week, yuck!! Come on summer!!

Heres todays menu:

b- cheesecake fluff
s- none
l- low carb pasta
s- cashews
d- chicken and steamed veggies

Kelly
Old 04-09-2013, 04:38 AM   #14
Queen Bargain Shopper

Crappy weather here too Kelly.

Was on meds this weekend so eating was kind of off - I didn't overindulge at all or over eat; I wasn't just feeling right. Hoping this week is a good one. I cleaned out all of my pants and got rid of a bunch I haven't worn and also realized that I do need to get serious about reining things in. The hard part is I really never stray that far off - I just think it may be age and hormones.

My parents come for the weekend on Thursday - it's been stressful at my house with some stuff with them and my brother..........and then yesterday.......

DD23 got in a car accident over her lunch hour. Thank God she was alright, but her car was totaled and I don't even know where that is going to lead.

Big Sigh.

Hope everyone is having a good week so far!

•○•
"It is what it is."
•○•
Old 04-09-2013, 05:20 AM   #15
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hmmm....this has been a crummy week for me too. I had a nasty fall and my whole body is out of whack. I am sore everywhere. And work continues to be really miserable. I haven't bothered to weigh in. I am taking Advil for the pain and I am SO bloated.

On the plus side, it will be 84 (!!!!!) degrees here today. It is the first day it has gone over 70 for the last 5 months (since before the Hurricane...). Back to the 50s on Friday, but just this litte taste of summer will be so nice.

Cindy, glad your daughter is okay, but what a hassle having to get a new car, fighting with the insurance people, etc.

Kelly, what concerts are you going to? I am jealous, I barely get to 3 concerts a year - let alone in a week!

We leave for Cancun on Sunday and I cannot wait....I plan to do nothing.
Old 04-09-2013, 07:15 AM   #16
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: tinatina
Stats: 223/187/130 5ft3.5in
Start Date: 2007
Morning Beachers!

Trying phase 1 this week...

Cindy - that is a heart stopping call to receive. DS was in a fender bender last weekend. Thankfully his car was not totalled and everyone was ok. Glad your daughter is ok!

Wiz - Doing NOTHING sounds awesome, lol!

Kel - LOVE Maroon 5 and Adam Levine!

New thyroid meds and more bloodwork in about 5 weeks. Hopefully this new dose is the magic one!

Have a great Tuesday!
tinatina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:09 AM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

HI Girls,
I weighed in this morning and still 10 pds over my low weight, my mom keeps cooking stuff I shouldnt have, I came home last night to chicken and dumplings, which is my all time fav meal she cooks, I ate 2 bowls Dang it, I told her not to cook tonight!

Cindy- How scary for your daughter and you guys, glad she is ok. A coworker of mine wrecked Saturday night, hydroplained on the water and wrapped her car around a tree, she isnt back to work yet. Super scary!

Wiz- Cancun sounds amazing right now, laying by the pool with a good book, sipping on a cocktail, I am sooo jealous!! I just keep thinking June will be here soon and I will be in Hawaii

Tina- Hopefully your meds get straightened out soon, what a PITA.

The concerts I am going too is all Michaels music, not really stuff I normally listen too, but they are still fun to go too, punk music mostly. Sunday is Bad Religion, Tuesday is Gaslight Anthem, the lead singer sounds just like Bruce Springsteen, but way faster music lol. Then Friday is Chuck Ragan, we have backstage passes to that show and get to party with the band cause Michaels roommate is cousins with one of the promoter guys, so that will kinda be cool!! Usually they have free alcohol and food backstage, not that I need any of that lol.

Anyway, work is super slow, I keep waiting for them to lay people off or something, they already moved 1 of the gals from my team to another team that needed more help, but we are all pretty much just sitting here bored most of the day! I am seriously thinking about finding a new job when I get back from Hawaii. We will see what happens between now and then.

Kelly

Last edited by heahyou00; 04-09-2013 at 09:10 AM..
Old 04-09-2013, 01:20 PM   #18
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Kelly, Actually I really like Gaslight Anthem!

OK, some of their songs are a little too head-banger for me , but in general I like their sound. They are playing on Memorial Day weekend in our area - the legendary Stone Pony in Asbury Park. They have an outdoor stage in the summer...
Old 04-09-2013, 05:46 PM   #19
Queen Bargain Shopper

Gaslight Anthem fan here too!!!
Old 04-10-2013, 05:08 AM   #20
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning Beachers!

Another busy busy day on tap. DS got another tattoo last night and DH had a meeting. Today we have to pick up DS car, go to a meeting with DD teacher and its TREADMILL night. Plus DH leaves friday when he's done work for his parents/fishing vacation. And he just found a piece of metal in one of his truck tires. (we just got 2 new front tires because one of them had something in it) he is just a little stressed. I say thats what he gets for going on vacation without me, lol.

I'm going to have to music tube Gaslight Anthem tonight!

Have a great day Beachers!
Old 04-10-2013, 10:45 AM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

HI Girls,

I will be sure and tell Michael that all my online friends like Gaslight Anthem lol. I am excited to see them, will be my first time

I weighed in this morning and I am still just maintaining, which is not what I want to be doing!! I am having a rough time at night with snacking on junk. I am going to be extra strict on myself tonight and see if I can lose some by tomorrow.

Going bowling with the kids this weekend, other not much else going on. Baseball starts up for Michaels oldest boy, so we will be busy going to lots of games I am sure, first scrimage is on Sunday.

Happy Humpday!!

Kelly
Old 04-11-2013, 04:59 AM   #22
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I am with you Kelly...just maintaining - not losing. Darn it! I really wanted to lose 10 lbs before vacation and since that is 3 days away, it obviously isn't going to happen. I did drop a bunch, but not quite what I wanted. Oh well, better some than none.

How was treadmill night, Tina?? Watch any good shows?

Cindy, good luck with your folks this weekend. Don't stress out too much...
Old 04-12-2013, 04:33 AM   #23
Queen Bargain Shopper

Folks aren't coming this weekend due to the weather.
They will come next weekend........don't know if that's good or bad.

TGIF and Wiz - have a great vacation!
Old 04-12-2013, 04:52 AM   #24
Blabbermouth!!!

TGIF!

Wiz - Have a great time!

Any of you duck dynasty fans?

DH left for vacation today. Just me and the kiddos for a week! I get the WHOLE bed to myself!

Have a great weekend beachers!
Old 04-12-2013, 05:37 AM   #25
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ha Tina! I do have to say that one plus of all my business travel is having a nice big King size bed to myself...with no snoring

Cindy, Uh oh, I'm with you. Get those parental visits over as quickly as possible.

I weighed in this morning and as mentioned, I maintained this week. So I lost just over 8 lbs before vacation. Not bad. As soon as we get back, I want to lose the last couple. (Plus whatever I end up gaining in Mexico ) The last month has been very focused for me, and I want to keep that momentum going.

TGIF!!!
Old 04-12-2013, 03:19 PM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

TGIF girls!!

Have fun on your vacation Wiz, I am super jealous!!

On a brighter note I am down 3 pds of the 10 I had gained, I am hoping next week to be down even more, but with all the nights out to the concerts and what not, not sure if that will be possible!

Its been boring here at work today, my adopted mom is picking up DS14 for me tonight, so that saves me a ton of driving and gas money, I am going to take the boys and head over to Michaels for a BBQ, today is the last of our dry days for like a week I get sick of the rain here, but better than snow I suppose!

Tomorrow we are taking the kids bowling and out to lunch, should be fun, then tomorrow night Vince Vaughn and Miguel are on SNL, cant wait

Sunday is basball and driving the boys home to their dads and then rush home to get myself pretty, Michael is taking me out to a fancy steak dinner and then we have our concert at 8PM, will be a nice date night, no kids!! lol.

I am coming into work late Monday since I am sure I will be tired from the concert, I only have Monday to recover and then Tuesday back to another show!

Tina- Did you listen to Gaslight Anthem? Michael hopes the lead singer will invite us backstage lol, I said umm keep dreaming.

Anyway, have a great weekend ladies, I will check in with you guys next week

Kelly
Old 04-14-2013, 07:47 AM   #27
Queen Bargain Shopper

It's the weekend and I am a little relaxed with eating - meaning I allow myself a grain or two. I have found it makes the weeks easier knowing I can have a whole grain muffin, a sandwich or something else on the weekends.

DDs shower invites are ready to go in the mail. I can't wait for the wedding invites to be done and out and then I will be relieved for a while at least............

DH is gone tomorrow and Tuesday, so eating will be easy for dinner, New hair this week and think I am going shorter in the back.......
Old 04-16-2013, 05:06 AM   #28
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning Beachers!

Did another day of c25k. I'm keeping it in week one right now. I'm going to have to get up at 5 am tomorrow and do it because DD has a music performance tomorrow evening. I had soooooooooo much energy last night after I exercised. It was GREAT!

Kel - I keep forgetting to look up Gaslight Anthem! Maybe tonight if I remember!!

Wiz - I'm the snorer in our family! DH is probably glad to get rid of me this week so he can sleep uninterupted

Cindy - That wedding will be here before you know it! Exciting!

I gotta get to work! Have a great tuesday!
Old 04-16-2013, 09:39 AM   #29
Major LCF Poster!

HI Girls,
I weighed in this morning and the scales are back up At least I am starting my stuff on Friday so that should help!!

Tonight is Gaslight Anthem, super excited, I am getting my hair done on my lunch break. I love when I get it straightened at the salon, looks 10 times better than when I do it lol.

Work is still super slow, so I fill my days with music and Candy Crush lol.

Not much else going on, have a great week!

Kelly
Old 04-17-2013, 06:05 AM   #30
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning beachers!

Got up this morning and did the c25k at 5 AM! OMG 5 am is EARLY. Esp when you get a random wrong number at 3:30 am. I think I am ready to move to week 2. I've only been doing week 1 for about 3 weeks.

Kel - The pic you posted on instagram/facebook is AWESOME! Your face is soooooooooooooooo thin! I checked out Gaslight Anthem last night. I like their sound, even the head banger stuff.

Cindy - Show us your new hair!

Hope WIZ is having a great time!

Where is Luisa? Haven't seen her in here for the whole month of April???

DS gf is going with me tonight to DD chorus concert! DS is working. I told her she was a sucker for punishment because sitting through these things is torture.

Happy Hump Day Beachers!