Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2013, 12:38 PM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: heahyou00
Stats: 246/190/150
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: August 2007
HI Beachers,

We had an awesome time at the concert last night!! Thanks for the compliment on my new pic Tina I am really trying to get where I want to be, slowly but surely it will happen.

I am just gonna take it easy today and tomorrow, Friday I am going to stay at Michaels for the weekend, he has his boys. We were going to go to a concert Friday night ,but opted not to go, we are just gonna rent movies and chill at home with the kiddos instead. I think we are officially getting old, 3 concerts in 1 week is too much lol.

Tina- I tried C2K before, but never made it all the way through, maybe the trick is to keep doing the same week over and over lol.

Have a great day ladies,

Kelly
heahyou00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2013, 04:50 AM   #32
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: tinatina
Stats: 223/187/130 5ft3.5in
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 2007
Good Morning Beachers!

Weigh in day tomorrow, hoping to be down a couple lbs!

Kel - I never would have made it through any of the c25k if I hadnt done the first week longer! Starting week 2 tomorrow and I'll prob do it for a few weeks also, lol.

Both kids are busy tonight so it looks like i'll be home with an empty nest

Might have to go for a walk or something. I'm thinking of looking up some youtube videos for arm workouts. I'm sure I'm find something to do

Happy Thursday!
Old 04-19-2013, 06:08 AM   #33
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning beachers!

did an arm workout last night from youtube. i thought my arms were gonna fall off! got up at 5 am again to do the c25k. started week 2

Need to stop after work to get some salad fixings. used up the last of my lettuce for my lunch salad.

Kel - Did you get invited backstage for gaslight anthem?

Have a great weekend beachers!
tinatina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:04 AM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

TGIF!! Im so ready for the weekend, work is boring again, so playing games and listening to music lol. Today is day 1 of my HCG, but the first 2 days are my pig out days, I am currently drinking a whole milk latte, man those fill you up lol.

I am changing my siggy weight to reflect where I am at right now, its ugly sad to admit, but I am hoping I can make my goal weight this time, but its going to be a stretch to make it. Means I would have to lose like 30 pds in 40 days.

Tina- We didnt go backstage for Gaslight Anthem, that would have been awesome, but we dont have any connections to pull those strings lol.

We are renting movies and chilling tonight, gonna watch Moneyball, I have never seen it ,but I love Brad Pitt. Tomorrow is baseball during the day, season opener and then taking the boys to play glow in the dark mini golf tomorrow evening and out to eat, should be fun!!

Sunday will be my cooking day to make all my OP stuff. I am excited to get this going.

Have a great weekend ladies

Kelly
Old 04-19-2013, 03:07 PM   #35
Queen Bargain Shopper

Gallery: Radmom413
Stats: Always a work in progress!
WOE: SB Vet/NMD
Start Date: Every day is a new start!
Parents are here for the weekend.
I am trying to do a tabata/HIT type work out to see if that gets things going......
Radmom413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:59 AM   #36
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: wiz
Start Date: 1/2/2008
Vacation was awesome...but oh boy, I really need to get back OP!! Too many cervezas and things like chips, tortillas, etc. And a truly decadent creme brulee one night that was worth every darn calorie
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:06 AM   #37
Queen Bargain Shopper

Ok, Beachers - let's have a good week!
Old 04-22-2013, 05:01 AM   #38
Blabbermouth!!!

Weekend eating, not so great! On the straight and narrow today. c25k week 2 tonight.

Wiz - Welcome back!

Cindy - I'm ready for a good LOSING week!

I started reading a weight loss blog called mama laughlin. She's very down to earth, cusses. Its a great fun weight loss blog. I find it motivating.

Lets ROCK this week beachers!
Old 04-22-2013, 08:39 AM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

HI Girls,
Day 2 of my super low cal/HCG is in effect. I cooked up a bunch of OP foods last night, so I am ready to rock this! My goal this time is 30 pds. The first and 2nd round I lost around 20 each, but this time I plan to workout more and of course no booze

39 days till my SoCal trip, cant wait We are supposed to have weather in the 70's here this week so I am hoping maybe in the evenings since I have lil man this week we can go outside for a walk or something for exercise.

Wiz- Love your new profile pic, that water looks amazing!

FYI I watched Argo this weekend, if you havent seen it, its an awesome movie, def gets your blood pressure going lol. I highly suggest it!

Well back to work for me, have a great one gals,

Kelly
Old 04-22-2013, 06:18 PM   #40
Queen Bargain Shopper

I agree Kelly - loved Argo!
Old 04-23-2013, 05:51 AM   #41
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Count me in on Argo as well!! Out of the Best Pictures nominees that I saw, it was my top favorite. FYI. I saw Life of Pi on my flight home this weekend, it was a strangely intriguing movie. But there is no way Joe would have sat through it, so glad I watched it on my own (he was next to me watching The Hobbit instead )

Oh boy, I got on the scale this morning. I guess it could have been worse, I am up 3 lbs. I do have ToM, and that is always good for at least 1 lb as well. I hope to be back to my pre-Mexico weight by Friday. We'll see...

Tina, good for you getting up that early to exercise!! It sounds like a great workout. Keep up the good work.

Kelly, glad the concert was so fun.

Cindy, are your parents still with you? Hope things aren't too stressful.

Time to get cracking for work. I'll tell you - I never mind coming home from vacation, it's going back to work that kills me. UGH!

2014 Running Miles: 224
2014 Walking Miles: 214
2014 Biking Miles: 380
Old 04-23-2013, 06:01 AM   #42
Queen Bargain Shopper

We watched Life of Pi as well. Intriguing is a good word, Wiz! Not sure if I am glad I watched it or not.

We watched Django Unchained over the weekend - loved that! Dark comedy for sure - being as lengthy as it was, it flew by!

I am trying here - not sure what, if anything, is working. I seriously would love to lose 10 lbs and that is alot on little me. I just don't know that I am up to being as strict as I would need to be.

My parents left Sunday. We had a great visit.

I also have some news to share - but nothing on FB please as it's not public yet - hoping I can share publicly tomorrow.........but........I'm gonna be a GRANDMA!!!
DD is just starting her second trimester. She goes to the doc today for her second appointment and wanted to wait till after this appointment to make public!!!
I am SO excited!!!

I am home today; a little under the weather and have sick days, so taking one.

•○•
"It is what it is."
•○•
Old 04-23-2013, 08:25 AM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Congrats Cindy that is awesome!!! You will make an awesome Grandma.

Wiz- Glad you made it back, but I know the suckiness (is that a word?) it is now lol, of returning to work after vacation and you have 40 bizillion emails and you are trying to play catch up.

I loved Life of Pi, but we went to the movies to see it and saw it in 3D, so the colors and stuff were amazing, I cried. I guess watching it at home wouldnt be as much fun. Also saw Django at the movies, that movie was awesome, but very gory, thats Quentin for ya though!

I am back down to my starting weight this morning after what I gained on the loading for HCG, only going down from here! Back into the 170s. I am only worried about the weekend since I usually go stay at Michaels house,but I plan to cook my food in advance and take it with me so I will be prepared, that is the key to success for me!

I started doing Callenectics, I have had the DVD for years but havent been doing it, check our the before and after on the exercise boards on here, its amazing the results people have!!

I just found out Counting Crows are coming to town in July, and its at an outdoor amphitheatre, I have seen them before and love them, so I told Michael we are going for sure!

Well I had better get back to work, its going to be 70 here today, I am ready for some outside walking!! Going to take lil man to the park tonight after work, we will walk there and back. Have a great day ladies,

Kelly
Old 04-24-2013, 05:27 AM   #44
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oooooh, Cindy, that is so darn exciting!!! But yes, lips closed until formal announcement.

Kelly, I've seen the Counting Crows 2 times. Love them in concert!

Tina, how is the workout coming along? Too tired to post?

The scale is inching back down. 1.5 lbs of the 3 lbs I gained are gone. Hopefully by Friday the other 1.5 lbs are out of here as well. I'd like to start next week with a clean slate and get rid of these last few lbs I want to lose before summer. It's one thing to be on a beach in Mexico in my bathing suit where no one knows me , it's another to be with all my friends here on our own beach.

We're going to an 80s fundraiser at one of our boardwalk restaurants this weekend. The bands will be playing 80s music and we are supposed to dress 80s. I'm thinking Joe and I will do Preppy as opposed to Flashdance/Like a Virgin. LOL. I've still got my college sorority shirt (although it is whole lot snugger ) and I'm thinking that might be the basis of my outfit. Should be fun!

FYI. I did some dry rub boneless pork chops on the grill last night. So easy and very flavorful.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:41 AM   #45
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning Beachers!

Monday's c25k was HORRIBLE. I thought my shins/calfs were gonna burn off! I finished it though. Will be doing it again tonight. Last night was an arm workout from youtube.

I'm back to eating tons of salads (love them). I didn't have any leftover protein last night so I stopped at the grocery store this morning and picked up some Tyson chicken breast strips to go on my salad. I've never had them before so I'm hoping they are good.

Wiz - love pork chops! what kind of rub did you use?

Cindy

Gotta get to working, have a great hump days, beachers!
Old 04-24-2013, 09:07 AM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

HI Girls,
I made it back into the 170's, I love the HCG, I usually see a loss on the scales of some sort every single day, that is def motivation

Its supposed to be 75 here today and Michaels son has a baseball game, so I am leaving work early and picking up lil man and we are going to the game, I cant wait to sit out in the sun and soak up the rays I need to work on my tan before Hawaii lol.

I made a batch of turkey chili last night, smelled so good while cooking, cant wait to sample it.

Tina- Its awesome to see you pushing yourself so much with the workouts, I need to do more of that. I plan to do my Callenectics again tonight after I get home from baseball.

Wiz- The 80s party sounds super fun, I loved the 80s lol.

We may take all the boys to a hockey game Friday night if the tics dont sell out, gotta wait till payday on Friday to get them, its kinda spendy for all of us to go but would be fun. The local team is in the 3rd round before they play for the memorial cup and will be game 4, so there is potential they would seclude their spot in the championships if they win this one. My 2 boys have never gone, we have only taken Michaels boys, so hopefully we can get tics

Anyway, back to work for me, have a great humpday ladies.

Kelly
Old 04-25-2013, 04:30 AM   #47
Queen Bargain Shopper

Eating was crap yesterday!
Why am I struggling?
I will pull up my big girl panties and move on!!!
Old 04-25-2013, 04:38 AM   #48
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning Beachers!

Really struggled on the treadmill last night. Pain in the shins/calfs was AWFUL. I tried researching it online and I'm either not stretching well enough or I'm landing wrong. Will give it another whirl on Friday. Arm workout tonight.

DS junior prom is Saturday. Exciting times.

Cindy -

Off to work! Have a SB day ladies!
Old 04-25-2013, 04:55 AM   #49
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Tina, Here's the dry rub mix:

2 TB ground cumin
1 TB chili powder
1 teas garlic powder
1 teas paprika
1/2 teas allspice
1/2 teas black pepper

I stirred this together and put it in a plastic bag, then I put each boneless pork chop in and shook the bag to coat (like the old Shake and Bake!) Joe grilled them and they were great. Slightly spicy and still juicy inside. FYI. The recipe included 2 teas ground coriander. I didn't have any and obviously didn't miss it

Cindy, I feel your pain. I was doing the same thing up until about 6 weeks ago. I just couldn't get my act together. But then...it was like a switch went off and I was motivated to get back OP.

Kelly, Love turkey chili! I made my turkey spinach meatloaf last night, which I also love. In fact, I am having it for breakfast too!

FYI. The scale was down another .5 lb this morning. But that means I need to lose a lb today to get back to pre-Mexico weight. Unfortunately I tweaked my knee while running yesterday and it is quite painful , so no exercise today. I am bummed because not only am I wearing off calories when I run, it puts me in such a better frame of mind.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:19 AM   #50
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning Gals,
Was down another 1.5 this morning, woohoo. For whatever reason yesterday my body was all of a sudden NOT hungry, I am ok with that lol. I found some super yummy snacks at Starbucks yesterday, I was trying to figure out something I could put in my purse to take to the baseball games with me, I am allowed 2 fruit servings per day. I found these dried apple snacks, there is only 1 portion per bag which is nice cause if I buy a huge bag I would eat the whole thing and plus I have no way to tell how much is only 1 apple lol. They were kinda spendy, but most healthy things are!! 2 bucks for 1 package, I know I can make my own, I have a food dehyrdrator, but its kinda a PITA to cut them all and do it, but I may do it next week anyway so I have them on hand.
I am going grocery shopping tonight to stock up on more fruit and stuff I need. I will be preparing all my food this evening for the weekend to pack and take to Michaels house, no reason for me to be off plan!!

Tina- Prom is so fun, I remember my prom days, I still have all my dresses lol. My senior year my parents rented us a limo, there was a large group of us, was so darn fun!

Cindy- Sorry you are struggling, we have all been there! But you just dust yourself off and tell yourself today will be a better day

I have a bunch of meetings at work today, so at least I wont be totally bored lol. I am leaving work at lunch tomorrow, getting my hair done and doing some errands and then have to head outta town to pick up DS14. We are doing family pics this weekend with Michael and his boys and then me and my boys, all 6 of us lol. Trying to coordinate the clothing is a nightmare, I am the only female, so of course the boys dont care, but I do lol.

Back to work for me, getting closer to Friday

Kelly

Last edited by heahyou00; 04-25-2013 at 08:20 AM..
Old 04-26-2013, 04:31 AM   #51
Queen Bargain Shopper

Yesterday was good. DH tried to tempt with take out last night and I said NO! We had our left over taco casserole and I had a big salad.

I'm planning on a good weekend. Been bumping up my treadmill workouts and have been sweating by the end, so am hoping this will help too!

Let's have a good weekend all!!!
Old 04-26-2013, 05:25 AM   #52
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Uh oh, I indulged in some backsliding last night. It was a lousy work day, plus some family stuff going on. So, long story short - I wasn't on Phase 1 last night! A slight tick up on the scale, which was sadly well deserved.

Oh well, I am in a better frame of mind today. Just finished up a great 5-mile run and I'm whipping up some egg beaters right now.

But Cindy, I am glad to hear you had a good day!! Now we all just need to string together a bunch of good days...

Kelly, are you able to find those dried apples without sugar? I only seem to find dried fruit with sugar added. But maybe you have better luck out on the west coast.

Tina, on the shin/calf pain, stretching slowly and thoroughly is key. Have you done the step stretch? One foot on a step about halfway along your foot - you feel the stretch all the way up your achilles. I find that is the most effective stretch for me. And it was recommended by my podiatrist when I had plantar fasciitis several years ago. Also, check your sneakers, are they old and worn out? No spring left? I noticed I need new ones when I was running today. Mine feel pretty worn out.

TGIF!!!
Old 04-26-2013, 07:51 AM   #53
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning Girls,
I was down another pd this morning Woohoo, now I just need to make it through a successful weekend and I should be inching back close to the 160's which is where I left off last time. Bums me out I backslide over 10 pds when I was supposed to be maitaining, I think that is going to be the hardest part for me and prob is for most people, maintaining.

Im off work early today and I cant wait, super sunny here!! I was going to take lil man to the zoo today, but he was being a lil jerk last night, so not sure he deserves to go. Dang kids lol. Looks like I will do laundry and grocery shop instead.

Have a great weekend ladies!!

Kelly
Old 04-26-2013, 08:30 AM   #54
Major LCF Poster!

oh Wiz I was going to tell you about the dried fruit, check at Starbucks the one I have been buying they sell there, but they are kinda spendy, 2 bucks a package, but super yummy. Called Peeled Snacks, they have a website too, you can google it, its all organic and no sugar.

I then went to Walmart yesterday in hopes of finding something a lil cheaper but still individual servings. I found Buddy Fruits. They also have a website I havent checked it out though. But its only fruit as well, no added ingredients. Only .87 cents a bag!! More my price range. I bought several bags to stick in my purse when I am out and about so I have something in case I need it. These ones I notice though are more like apple chips, crunchy. The Starbucks ones were soft and chewy, I like both though!

Kelly

Last edited by heahyou00; 04-26-2013 at 08:47 AM..
Old 04-29-2013, 06:38 AM   #55
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning beachers! Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Tonight is c25k and laundry, lots of laundry.

DS prom was this weekend and he had a great time. I posted pics on facebook.

Kel - what section in WM did you find the buddy fruits?

Wiz - I think I am stretching well enough, so it may be the shoes (which are new) or the way I am landing. I'll see what happens tonight. Thanks for the advice! Thanks for the spice rub recipe! Gonna give it a whirl this week I think

Cindy - Good job turning down the take out!

My pants which have been tight when I put them on, were just a tiny bit looser this morning than they had been!

chili for lunch today and steak and salads for dinner tonight. Have an awesome start to the week beachers!
Old 04-29-2013, 07:44 AM   #56
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Heading off for a business trip, but via train! No flights involved. Love avoiding the airport

I will check in from my hotel when I can. Weekend eating was just so-so. Had pizza Saturday night.

Kelly, thanks for the tip on the dried fruit. I was just in Walmart this weekend, but was only in the garden center section. Will check it out.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:52 AM   #57
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning Girls,
I am down several more pds since I last weighed in, I had stayed at Michaels all weekend and they dont have scales at their house so I wasnt able to check. Im super happy with the progress

Tina- The dried fruit at Walmart was near their produce section on like a lil rack, Im sure all stores are different, but just search near the fresh fruit.

I am still sunburnt from the weekend, but should be fully tan by tomorrow. I hit up the gym yesterday, my legs are sore today! Gonna skip the workout today and will go again tomorrow evening.

We went to the movies last night, saw Pain & Gain, I never knew that was based on a true story, was a pretty good movie, but super long. I cant wait for The Great Gatsby to come out!! We are def seeing that one.

Our weather is supposed to reach 85 degrees by the end of this week, I am super stoked!! Thats my kinda weather.

32 days till my Cali trip and 40 something to Hawaii, woohoo!!

Happy Monday

Kelly

Last edited by heahyou00; 04-29-2013 at 07:54 AM..
Old 04-29-2013, 10:49 AM   #58
Major LCF Poster!

Oh I was gonna mention to you gals too, not sure how many of you are tea drinkers, but I love it wayyy more than coffee. I found out about this Canadian company, but I guess they have quite a few stores on the east coast as well, its called Davids Teas. AMAZING flavors, I just placed an order, you should check out their website. I guess I am kinda using them in place of desserts since I cant have that stuff anymore, here is what I ordered today and of course I have a wishlist for others I want to try when these run out:

Salted Caramel
Toasted Marshmellow
Buttered Rum

I cant wait to get my shipment Shipping wasnt too bad either, only 5 bucks!

Kelly
Old 04-30-2013, 04:24 AM   #59
Queen Bargain Shopper

Well, my weekend wasn't the best - so hard with company and eating out. Yesterday, however was a great day - I finally got some sf fudgesicles and made the pb cup thingy and so looked forward to my sweet treat.

Good job Kelly! I love tea - but not more than coffee I will have to look at that though - would be a great after dinner treat.

I saw the pics, Tina - DS looked handsome!! Boy, we have seen our kids grow up, haven't we?

Wiz - have a good trip - we CAN do this - I don't know about you, but I certainly have noticed some changes in my body since I turned (ahem, cough, cough,) 50. GRRRRRR - I don't like it.

Busy day ahead at work!
Old 04-30-2013, 05:47 AM   #60
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning Beachers!

had a great day yesterday! Did the c25k with minimal pain. I think it was partially the way I was landing.

Had a steak and salad for dinner, which was delish! Making Wiz's dry rub tonight for some pork loin chops. I'm thinking dinner tonight is going to be salad and leftover chili.

DH and I are going to head to Lowe's after dinner to pick up some trim to go around the new door he is going to be putting up soon.

Cindy - I know. Your kids getting married and having babies! They were still in high school when we started this jouney!

Kel - thanks! I'll check out the fruit thing next time I'm at WM. I really like the bigelow brand tea in the vanilla caramel. Its a good sweet treat after lunch if I get cravy.

Wiz - Hope your trip is productive!

Gotta get to work. Have a great Tuesday!