Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2013, 07:21 AM   #241
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kellydawne
Good morning-

I have a ton of stuff I need to take care of (most of it in my email inbox) I'll get it done, just feeling a little overwhelmed!

DS15 stayed home sick yesterday. He still isn't 100% but he has to go to school today anyway. It was a good day to miss, they had an assembly instead of math class, a sub in woodshop (meaning they were watching a movie) and are reviewing in bio since the teacher there just came back from maternity leave.

Cindy, I thought about you the last few days when I've been on the phone with the college business office and DS19 trying to get his account cleared up so he could register. I was proud of DS19 though, he handled it mostly on his own. I only had to talk to the office once and DS19 was able to handle it from there with phone calls to me to keep me updated. I probably talked to him more this week than I have since spring break though as he was trying to figure out the problem so he could register for classes in the fall.

It sounds like your weekend is very very full!

The car stuff is frustrating. We "fixed" mine so it would pass emissions and it still didn't pass. DH took it back to the mechanic and they finally got it to pass (there was some weird thing with the gas cap) (we couldn't take it to their station for testing, it had to go to someone else)
Its crazy, my car doesn't get many miles put on it, but every time it failed, they cleared the computer and then it had to be driven 40-50 miles before it could be tested again, so there was at least 150 miles that wouldn't have been driven (and the gas and pollution from them) just to meet the Ca. anti-pollution standards.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2013, 06:17 PM   #242
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Sorry I've been MIA.

This has been a long week. Copper will be running across the Rainbow Bridge tomorrow morning. I've been spending lots of time with him.

Last night he actually climbed the stairs to sleep by my side of the bed!!
He hasn't done that for 2 weeks.

But he's getting his last supper tonight and he doesn't even know it.
It's very surreal.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:30 PM   #243
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debbiedo
Stats: pretty close to perfect!
WOE: mindful eating/running off the pounds
Start Date: over and over again
Busy Busy!!

Tomorrow DH's cousin coming. I am working. Have some race related things to do as Saturday is race day.

Ran tonight and went out to eat with 7 friends.

My eldest niece called and her Navy husband is having psych issues and going to Bethesda Naval tomorrow. He is stationed in Va and thought he was getting out and was told he wasn't. She is in Buffalo. She is driving here tomorrow. I will have a house full. Saturday night I am having a cookout and all the kids will be here plus Jennifer my 30 year old niece and Barbara DH's first cousin from Long Island. Add that I work tomorrow and Sunday and we direct a race Saturday and I am kind of overwhelmed.

My house is clean never got to the garage though.

I couldn't tell my niece she couldn't stay here. She is upset. They were hoping he would be out in the fall and together in Buffalo( where he is from too). He has depression issues and flipped out I guess.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:14 PM   #244
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

MK,

Debbie, so sorry to hear about your niece & her DH
Old 04-25-2013, 09:30 PM   #245
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rebecca130
Stats: 201/ 183/130
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Jan 23, 2008
MK, I feel for you and will be thinking of u in the morning. We had Tuffy put down 14 1/2 years ago, I couldn't do it with Guinie even tho John ad Kim were irked at me, but I couldn't. She eventually jus starved after 2 weeks, maybe 2 1/2. Hunter is having knee issues, I think he needs surgery but I won't ask John to give up his bonus, if Kim wants it done she has to ask. He limps and sometimes doesn't use the right leg. It's a constant worry with our furbabies.

Debbie, I hope u have a good time with your c
Old 04-25-2013, 09:34 PM   #246
Big Yapper!!!!

(Did it again!!!) Ohio discontinued it a few years ago. Thank God.

Where's Jenn???? Come out and play Jenn!
Old 04-26-2013, 04:14 AM   #247

My niece is very stressed out because she can't get info. They are married but have never lived together. Her kids dad wouldn't want her to move away from Buffalo. She has two daughters. The oldest never met her dad. The youngest is involved with her dad. Her husband seems to have significant anxiety and depression. He wants out of the Navy and was due to get out. Being told he was not getting out and going on a ship put him over the edge. He is a corpsman.

MK, what a hard time yesterday was and today will be. We have been there and it is painful.

Becky, the ligament in the knee can tear on a dog. It happened to Zeus, my neighbors dog, a friends dog. I think it was around $3000 for Zeus. My neighbors dog is old. She isn't allowed to run anymore.

Jenn mentioned she had something happening that was disturbing. Didn't say what. I pray everything is OK.

Cindy, saw you posted the good news on FB.

Kelly, hope you got the financial aid thing straightened out.

Kaye, sounds like DH doing great!!

Wish I wasn't working. DH is off. He picks cousin up at train 12:30. He has DS21 coming to help him load the cargo van for our race tomorrow. The grill is being delivered(set up for free) some time today. They take away the old one too. He needs to buy a propane tank. We will christen it tonight. I won't be here or any of it.

Woke up in the middle of the night with right hip and leg pain and thankfully once I painfully moved it passed. It is like it locks up. Usually it hits me when I sit for a long time. Nothing I can do. I was all how I was sleeping. I am grateful it isn't constant or I would be miserable. Poor DH because it wakes me up and I scream. It is so random but painful till I get repositioned or get him to help me reposition. God, I pray it never becomes more constant.
Old 04-26-2013, 04:14 AM   #248

MK, so sad for you today. I will be thinking of you.
Old 04-26-2013, 04:25 AM   #249
Queen Bargain Shopper

Gallery: Radmom413
Stats: Always a work in progress!
WOE: SB Vet/NMD
Start Date: Every day is a new start!
Thinking of you today, MK.
I remember going through that with Simon.

Yes, news is out.
Already I screwed up though - I posted something again this morning, and DD texted me right away and said "don't be annoying." Really? Just wait till she is a Mom.......it may finally click. So, I guess I will be prohibited from posting anything, but I know I can talk to you all here about it.

I was up most of the night with our dog, Chloe - DH thinks she may have gotten into something? She is like very hyper, scratching....she would not sleep and kept me up most of the night as I was worried. Hoping my parents did NOT drop some kind of pill that she got, which is what DH thinks.......they take SO many vitamins and medications and are kind of careless......

Sad about your niece's husband Debbie.

Off to work........

•○•
"It is what it is."
•○•
Old 04-26-2013, 06:47 AM   #250
Princess Proofreader

Morning!

Thanks everyone. Tough day for sure!

We're going to Milwaukee this afternoon to help DSnow24 (today actually! DS24!!) We'll be back late tomorrow night. DH wanted to stay 1 more day, but I have too much to do on Sunday!

And I forgot to wish Jenn a !! Hope you had a fun day!!

Cindy - Poor Chloe! Are you taking her to the vet??
And are you being an obnoxious Grandma??!!
Yes, DD will get it someday! Wait until she starts posting daily baby pictures!! Hah!

Debbie - wow - it's just one thing after another!

Becky - I hope Kim takes him to the vet to at least get some pain meds for him!

Kelly - try to hold it together while the rest of us fall apart! You may be our one port in a storm!! (no pressure!)

Circles of fashion are more like spirals, covering the same area but never arriving in the same place twice!

°°◊°°
Old 04-26-2013, 06:56 AM   #251
Big Yapper!!!!

Lost my post. :-(

I need to run to Verizon to get mom a new cell phone, she lost it somewhere along the way. Grrrr! Thank God it needed replaced anyway! She just has a simple flip phone that has texting and picture capabilities. Good thing it wasn't one of ours!!! Hers shouldn't be to expensive to replace. They always try to sell u more than u need tho, she's almost 86 and amazing she can text beings that she could text WAY before my brother could. That's the only reason he learned cuz the night of her accident I said to him that I knew something was wrong cuz she didn't text after I sent her one at 4:00 and he argued that she didn't know how to text!!!! SURPRISE!!! I'm lost now cuz we text all day long! So I need to get it for my nerves coz while she answers me I know she's ok. My sister in law is wondering if she lost it when they brought the wheelchair to her. Its not running 50 min to he airport IF someone found it and running back 50 minutes when it needed replaced as it was.

Thinking of Mk!!!! Sending love and strength her way!!! Its so hard!

grace went home a little bit ago, she will be back at 2:00 for me to run and get Alyssa while Kim gets her hair done. I need to figure out when I'm going to run moms cell phone to her. I hope the new one is as easy for her to operate as the last one was. She did great with it. (Blowing raspberries at my brother!!!!).

Speaking of him... He was in an accident yesterday, messed the front end and the left wheel of his truck up. Just what Linda needed after a day of flying with my mom. He says he wasn't hurt but he was jostled and hit his head. He's a retired sheriffs deputy so hopefully if he thought he needed to go get checked out he would have, but he's like my parents! That's one thing I don't get from em, I'm a big baby with that stuff!!! Plus I have too much riding on it, I need to take care of myself (thus the realization for he weight loss/exercise). Plus, I don't want John to take off with Annie (she's the girl that thinks she needs to decorate his office, etc. she's annoying and he trades me about her when I get too out of line, he will just take up with Annie!!! Grrrr!

Brads weekend with the girls, I hope its a lazy one for me! I need it with being gone last week, need to straighten my pig stye up and tackle the mountain of laundry! And just be ME!!!
Old 04-26-2013, 07:02 AM   #252
Big Yapper!!!!

mK hunter has been to the bet, he gave him pain meds and renewed them too.

Forgot to mention to Cindy that u can post ALL your grandma excitement here, belong raspberries at DD! Its one of the MOST EXCITING THINGS I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED!! I am so happy for u! Post on fb, what can she do other than complain and that's gonna happen anyway with being pregnant! At least she knows ur happy for her! Johns mom never wanted to be a grandma when the kids needed her, then when she needed them it came back and slapped her in the face with Kim, Kim was the only one that had nerve to stick to HER feelings about being ignored. She was ignored anyway cuz she was johns daughter. Now its coming back to slap johns stepdad in the face! Kim doesn't forget and she doesn't forget how they treated her dad. Soooo, you post ALL you want, we want to hear about it and experience your excitement! Isn't it remarkable all us shorties have been through together??? We truly have a close bond on here!!!
Old 04-26-2013, 08:54 PM   #253
Princess Proofreader

And no one has ever stolen anyone's purse!
Old 04-27-2013, 04:45 AM   #254
Queen Bargain Shopper

Hope you are doing ok, MK.

Off to wedding dress fitting, then a couple errands, then back here to work on wedding invites. DH's parents will be here late afternoon.

Another whirlwind weekend!
Old 04-27-2013, 06:10 AM   #255
Big Yapper!!!!

Not yet, MK (that would be my moms next comment)
Old 04-28-2013, 06:50 AM   #256
Princess Proofreader

Morning!!

Great time in Milwaukee getting DS24 moved into his new apartment!
Really angry at his roomie's parents, though.
They promised him they would come down form Door County to help him move home - which he's already upset about, because he has an IT degree and can't find a job!! - anyway . . .
He was almost in tears when he got a call that they weren't coming!
Sigh.

I tried to make him feel better . . .

Long drive home last night (about 4 hours) but totally worth it.
Now lots to do here today because tomorrow *drumroll* I'm picking up our new baby!!

I know people are going to say it's too soon, but I've been mourning for 2 weeks and I'm tired of crying! I need some happy in my life.

So:

Meet Merlin!

Old 04-28-2013, 06:57 AM   #257
Big Yapper!!!!

Mk.. Remember how long Guinie went w/o eating before she passed away? From Christmas Day to Jan 13. I brought Mandy home in Jan 17, it just felt right and I totally get it! No one knows what's best other than u! And Merlin is a PERFECT name! My 30 lb black cat was named Merlin! Is that the name he came with or did you name him? I'm sure he is ready to come to his forever/furever home! He will give u lots of happiness and u will do the same for him!!! Can't wait to see more pics of him with his new family!

Just got the girls off, stopped at McDonald for breakfast for John and I got the new egg white delight mcmuffin and it was awesome. 250 calories, I can work that in with Jenny so I can have a treat with John. We only do this the Sundays that the girls go with their dad.
Old 04-28-2013, 07:00 AM   #258
Big Yapper!!!!

How old is he MK? He looks like a young hunter. I keep looking at his pics! So adorable!
Old 04-28-2013, 07:04 AM   #259
Princess Proofreader

Becky - I remember your Merlin!!! And no, his first family bought him as a Christmas puppy and gave him to the humane society when he got too big!
They had named him Pee Wee!

The humane society volunteers hated that name and called him Sherman.
I let the kids vote as we were driving to WI on Friday and they agreed on Merlin!

So yay!

Old 04-28-2013, 09:05 AM   #260
Princess Proofreader

He was born Nov 4 - so almost 6 months!
Old 04-28-2013, 09:33 AM   #261
Big Yapper!!!!

That's funny in a sad way, like he would stay LITTLE??? I like Merlin, it's a good name and one he won't be ashamed to carry!!!
Old 04-28-2013, 09:37 AM   #262
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: handbells
Stats: too much/not enough/just right
Start Date: today!
Hello Ladies!

Sorry to have been gone for so long. I will probably be gone just a bit longer and will fill you in on everything then.

Thank you for all the birthday wishes. It was a fairly low key day. My mom was out of town in Atlantic City(!) so had a nice cook out at my in laws for supper. Kids gave me the sweetest card too!

MK-So sorry for your loss. Merlin is adorable! I would love to have a dog someday!

Debbie-There is a race in Va Beach in September. Are you going to be in it?

Cindy-Will be keeping your DD in my prayers.

I need to run. Absolutely must get to the grocery today!

"Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!"

"Humankind is simply materialized color operating on the 49th vibration."
Old 04-28-2013, 09:55 AM   #263
Big Yapper!!!!

Debbie, just tea about the race is VA... Kim and I are thinking about doing the 5K walk/run race at the St. Brigid festival on May 18, that's the school that Alyssa goes to. Johns nephews graduation party is that night from 6-9. I want to do it, hoping Kim will too
Old 04-28-2013, 02:58 PM   #264
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Ladies,

We're enjoying our weekend, I am SO ready for summer though! I was selfish and sent DS15 with another parent for yesterday's scrimmage so I could go back to bed and sleep all the way until 7:00. Otherwise, I spent most of the day in my flower beds. One of these days I'll think about putting garden gloves on BEFORE I start weeding around the roses.

Quote:
Kelly - try to hold it together while the rest of us fall apart! You may be our one port in a storm!! (no pressure!)
Thanks MK, no pressure there.

MK, your new family member Merlin is adorable! He looks like he will put smiles on everyone's faces.

Sorry about your DS24's roomie. It sounds like he had a tough day. Its nice that he had someone's mom there to take care of him.

Debbie, I was really proud of DS19, he managed to take care of the financial aid thing mostly on his own. On the plus side, I probably talked to him more during the 3 days it took to get it straightened out than I had in the 3 weeks before that.

I hope your company is having some low stress time with you all this weekend!

Becky, I hope it wasn't too much of a pain to get your mom all set up with a new phone.

Good for you and Kim planning for the 5k that's coming up! We're all so proud of you!

Cindy, post as much as you want here! We can't wait for baby pics!
I hope the dress fitting went well too.

I hope Chloe is feeling better. We found a couple of pills on the floor after my grandmother's last visit. I'm sure she dropped them and then couldn't see to find them. Not a huge deal since it was the bedroom and Gray Puffball doesn't get to go in the bedrooms and we don't have little people, but still I wish she would have asked one of us to help her find it.

Jenn, glad your birthday was nice. I hope everything is okay!
Old 04-28-2013, 04:06 PM   #265
Princess Proofreader

Hi!

Ran around today - Petsmart, library, Kroger, a friend's Senior Trombone Recital - he graduates from college in a couple of weeks, Cherry Berry, and I really need to vacuum . . . but the crate is set up and I have puppy food and toys . . . tomorrow is the big day!

Becky - thanks!!

Kelly - thanks for your good wishes too!!
Are you holding us together?!

Jenn- come and talk soon! We want to help - or just listen!

Last edited by TuscanGirl; 04-28-2013 at 04:08 PM..
Old 04-28-2013, 04:37 PM   #266
Queen Bargain Shopper

I Merlin and so glad you rescued!!!

Last edited by Radmom413; 04-28-2013 at 04:38 PM..
Old 04-28-2013, 06:02 PM   #267
Princess Proofreader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radmom413 View Post

I Merlin and so glad you rescued!!!

Me too!!
Old 04-28-2013, 08:18 PM   #268
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuscanGirl View Post
Hi!

Kelly - thanks for your good wishes too!!
Are you holding us together?! :
I'm doing my best.
Merlin is a lucky boy
Old 04-29-2013, 04:31 AM   #269
Queen Bargain Shopper

Another week and Merlin comes home!!!!!
MK, I am so happy for you! I don't think it's too soon and I always tell DH I am getting another dog after Chloe . I can't imagine being without a pet! He thinks we won't, but I have news.

Why did DS move?
And his poor roomie!

Kelly - We really need to get outside and work in the yard, but don't know when that is going to happen. DH went to help DSIL with their deck Saturday. I think our yard is going to take a backseat to everything else.

Weekend was crazy busy. Dress fitting and dressmaker also had DDs shower dress done - and it's beautiful. Her plan is to wear it one night for dinner in Paris. . Then the girls and I went to breakfast at our favorite cafe and then back her for marathon wedding invites. I will take a pic and post one here - they don't want any anywhere on FB or Instagram till people get them. Then DH's parents arrived for over night - I made dinner , then yesterday they left....DH drove them half way and my parents met them and drove the other half. In between, I cleaned up the house, finished up the invites.....watched the last couple epi's of Season 2 of 24 while I did that, ran some wedding shower errands with DD25, worked out, did laundry........DH got home about 5. I told him this morning, I need another day of the weekend! UGGHHHHHH.

Crazy busy next couple of weeks with fall registrations.
One great thing this weekend was the wonderful weather! YAY!

I also bought ANOTHER book for baby. He/she is going to have a whole library by the time they get here!!! Maybe I will post a pic of DD here later that she sent me last night..........she and DSIL took our tickets to the local theater - John Pinette was the comedian and we weren't sure what time DH would be home.......she sent it to me with the caption: fat or pregnant. I said definitely pregnant!!!

Love and hugs and thanks for letting me come here and talk and vent.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:31 AM   #270
Big Yapper!!!!

Can't wait to see pics of DD and invites! An exciting time, for sure. And I can't imagine her fat! Lol.

Is Merlin home yet???

Mandy ran past me and into the garage a little bit ago and decided to play games. I hope this isn't a habit!!! I don't want her to run past me and run away! Little stinker!

Books are a good thig, Cindy! Our girls have a library almost and I've bought most of them! Alyssa LOVES library day! I use to work at Books & Co for over 10 years, was my favorite job! It was an Independant bookstore and the owners got a divorce, sold it and Books A Million bought it and its not the same now!!! It's sad!
Closed Thread