Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2013, 08:03 AM   #211
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Morning.

It will be a week of decision making.
How do you put down a dog that can't walk, but still comes to greet you with a wagging tail and a happy expression.........

Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2013, 08:11 AM   #212
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debbiedo
Stats: pretty close to perfect!
WOE: mindful eating/running off the pounds
Start Date: over and over again
Cindy, what is the due date??

Ran my 10K today. We wore ribbons for Boston and big stickers. They were announcing to report unattended bags.

DH and I have errands to run today.

I have work to do for 5K I direct with DH next week. Mostly I need to get my volunteers organized and send emails out.

Kids waiting to hear about latest offer on house. People selling under water and kids want them to pay 3% to closing costs. I think the kids are paying too much but the house is renovated. Small closets on main level but two big walk ins in the huge finished basement.

I need to go eat. Starving after running. They have food after which I never touch.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:27 AM   #213

I am on the left. My two friends were in the stands when the bombs went off last Monday.

Photo from before the race. It was Stuart's first 10K.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (71.8 KB, 8 views)
Old 04-21-2013, 11:46 AM   #214
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rebecca130
Stats: 201/ 183/130
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Jan 23, 2008
On te plane, was a nice visit but I'm ready to see John, the girls and my pets!
Old 04-21-2013, 04:44 PM   #215
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Becky - hurry home!

Debbie - great pic! I hope they get the house!
Old 04-21-2013, 05:00 PM   #216

The one thing I worry about this house is the appraisal. I think it is over priced for square foot. They need a certain amount mortgage and if house appraises lower they won't get it. The current owners are like 15,000 under water and my son is asking for 3% closing costs which is around $8000. He did put in last contract that the realtor could drop 1% of their fee from the seller.

They have heard nothing today. Counter offer went in this morning. They had an pen house today. I wish their realtor would feel out owners realtor. My son met counter offer by owner but wants assist with closing costs. I don't think the sellers have the cash to do it.
Old 04-22-2013, 04:05 AM   #217
Queen Bargain Shopper

Gallery: Radmom413
Stats: Always a work in progress!
WOE: SB Vet/NMD
Start Date: Every day is a new start!
Morning!

It was a busy weekend. Had a nice visit with my parents!

MK - Poor Copper! Is there anything else you can do?

Debbie - I hate buying a house - it's so stressful. DH and I keep talking about moving and your reasons above are some of the reasons why I don't want to - I hope it works out for the kids!

Becky - are you home? Did you have a blast?

Nothing new here - DH off to TN again on business - back tomorrow. Tomorrow is DD's doc appt. Those that know (very few) tell her she is ok, but she is very nervous and wants to make sure.....a few have noticed her bump. I told her she is not going to hide it much longer. Due date is October 30. This week starts her second trimester! I know some of you are friends with her on FB - so remember - keep it quiet yet!!!

Hope we all have a good week - we might be in the 60's by the weekend!

•○•
"It is what it is."
•○•
Old 04-22-2013, 04:15 AM   #218

MK, I missed that the post about your doggy. Very hard decisions. I have been there and one how it is. We delayed for a long time with Kit but she wasn't happy. Zeus was really hard but he was biting and dangerous to others.

I work 12 hours. Wish I wasn't committed to 12.
Old 04-22-2013, 04:47 AM   #219
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: ShortKayke
Stats: (High 165) 135/115/105 4'10"
WOE: My Atkins
Start Date: 10/03 on and off when jeans get tight!
Such exciting news Gramma Cindy!
Congrats to your DD and DSIL!

I had gotten an 'FW' email from my sister one time where she didn't realize her original (not nice) comments were still attached to the bottom of the text. Knowing her it was probably intentional, but she's pretty computer clueless. My brother and I just laughed as the behavior/comments were not a surprise from her.
Like yours, it was about a family wedding and how my brother and I 'NEVER' come to family events, when in actuality go to more than she does! Maybe it's because we avoid the events that involve her?
Consider your 'accidental forward' an early blessing to know to give this woman a wide berth in the future!

MK, we have an elderly dog and cat here and keep wondering when it will be 'time'. Such a hard decision. When they're eating and pooping and don't appear to be in pain, we continue on and try to keep them happy and comfortable. With Copper, I wish you courage to know when the right time is, but it sounds like a decision you don't have to make right now.

Becky! You're a veteran flyer now! I still say the best people watching is an international airport, with 'state fair' and 'big mall' runner ups! Nothing makes you appreciate your home and life than being away from it for a little bit!

Deb, love the picture, and glad your friends are okay. I often forget how small all of us are when standing next to those other than our families! Like how when you shake hands with someone our size and think 'wow, their hand is so small!' and your realize that's how your hand always feels to others!

Kelly, radar show you having actual rain? We had actual SNOW 3 days ago that stuck. Woke up to 2 inches on the ground! Looks like our temps might actually rise to normal here within the week. Delayed spring for sure! I guess that's why we don't have outdoor pool water polo leagues in Michigan!

Waves to Jenn and other Shorties!

Warmed up a little bit here yesterday, so after work I jumped into straightening the garage as I needed to set up for the 4 baby chicks that should come Wednesday. Over the winter when it's cold out there, stuff just gets stacked/piled out there in an unorganized and messy manner.
Made some order and have the kiddie pool, heat lamp, and feeders all ready for the 4 'Buff Orpingtons' that should be born tomorrow.
I was reading that you have to add new chickens to an existing flock in a very special way so they don't fight/peck at eachother. The term 'pecking order' is a real thing and they have to work out their places within the flock. Making sure they're similar in look and about the same size helps the transition, so I chose another brownish colored breed to add. So it will be mid-summer before the new ones are big enough to be added to my other 4 Amerucanas. Will be a 'learn as you go' experience! LOL

My 'patient' is improving, but still have to make sure he doesn't try to do too much. All 'systems' seem to be working as they should and feeling better every day. Expanding his food choices and all going well. Having him here all day, every day for weeks will be and interesting preview to retirement years to come! (We need to find him a hobby! )

A good Monday to all, time to jump into some chores...hugs all around.
Old 04-22-2013, 05:03 AM   #220

Hi Kaye!! I always love your posts!

I have been answering emails and haven't gotten out of bed yet.

I have a busy week with work, Saturdays race directing and DH's cousin coming Friday.
Old 04-22-2013, 05:30 AM   #221
Big Yapper!!!!

Old 04-22-2013, 12:39 PM   #222
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kellydawne
We had a quiet weekend, not even any water polo. DS15 went paint balling with a friend for his B-day yesterday and DH and I had a nice lunch out along with a stroll through our local flower show and downtown. Otherwise, I read 3 books this weekend and ignored everything that I should have done. (Now I get to do tons of laundry, Oh well!)

I love love love spicy food, but I've been skipping noodles for so long, I always forget about those dishes.

We did (unfortunately) have to fix the sensor on my car that's been out forever to get it to pass smog testing this time. What a waste of $$ The dealership guy told us several years ago that it doesn't affect the way the car runs or the emissions, and don't bother fixing it until they make you. So, this time we weren't able to work around the stupid sensor and we had to spend the money to replace it to renew my car registration. Anyway, DH has my car today because after its fixed you have to drive it something like 40 or 50 miles to get enough data in the computer (that the sensor links to) or they still won't pass it. My 3 miles round trip to the grocery store and dry cleaners would take forever to get to that many miles.

Kaye, the radar lied. We had morning fog, but no actual rain. Yesterday was foggy most of the day.

MK, for Copper. So sad to watch our animal family get old.

Debbie, so glad your friends were all okay!
Buying is tough, I think a lot of people on the coasts & around cities are still underwater on their house and trying to get more out of them that what they are currently worth. It seems like here from talking to friends there are still short sales and people are having a difficult time getting financing (unless of course they don't actually need it)
Its crazy!

Becky, I loved the pics of your mom and your aunt! It looked like everyone had a great trip!

Cindy, so exciting! Your DD is tiny, I'm sure its not easy to hide her baby bump!
Old 04-22-2013, 06:14 PM   #223
Queen Bargain Shopper

Catching up on 24, Mad Men, Army Wives.....since alone will wait and watch The Following on Hulu tomorrow.

Work was crazy insane and I sometimes struggle with a few things go on. I am not sure what approach to take. Time will tell I guess.

Kaye - glad to hear DH is getting better and thanks for the words of support. Someone told me to consider the source and I guess I have to do that.

Hugs to all of you!
Old 04-22-2013, 08:20 PM   #224
Big Yapper!!!!

I had a GREAT trip and the plane trip was awesome! Everything went smooth going through security on my own but my pandora bracelets set the thingie off and I had to go back through... More beeps so I had to take them off. THEN it randomly selected me to have my shoes tested. They said the prior stuff had nothing to do with it but I don't believe it. You know those pandora people, were a strange breed and we need extra security checks!!!!

I got Kim a new bracelet and another house bead cuz she lost her bracelet somewhere, I gy the girls each a teddy bear pandora charm with a pink enamel bow for their bracelets. I'm sure they would have rather had something more fun but someday they will be happy I got the brads. They loved them and I forewarned them that I didn't buy toys and that I didn't have room in my luggage for toys. They all loved them.

Tomorrow night is the Celtic woman concert and that is the end of my vacation. It went so fast, as usual! My coworker/friend is going in moms place. She and her husband aren't very well off so I figured she would really appreciate it. And she loves things like that!

Going to bed, I'll post indies tomorrow! Nite girls!
Old 04-23-2013, 05:21 AM   #225

Busy day. I am still in bed though. Worked till 11:30 and need to recover a little.

Tonight is the end if the program party for Speed Development. This is my 6th year. It is always the same food. No pizza for me. I think I will eat before. There will be salad but that isn't a meal.

Becky, happy you had a great trip!

Cindy, I am so exciting about your grandbaby and look forward to all updates.

Kelly, a quiet weekend is so rare for you.

MK, did you not post yesterday?? Hope everything is OK.

Kaye, I don't know what my husband and I will do when we are retired. I like when we are off work together but we will need something to keep us busy.

Jenn, you OK???

Better hit the showers!!
Old 04-23-2013, 05:47 AM   #226
Queen Bargain Shopper

I am home today.
Feeling a little under the weather, have sick days that I use or lose, so taking a day.
I have things to do here, bars to make for a meeting tomorrow and even a couple errands I will sneak out and do.

MK - wondering about Copper?

I wonder about DH and I in retirement as well, but it will be a long time with this economy. I have however, told him we will not be joined at the hip. I wouldn't be able to do it - I need my own things and will find them through volunteer work or even staying at the college part time. He will be the issue - he won't be able to ride his bike, lol, so will need to find some hobbies. He does golf, and I do not. So that would be for warm weather - he would need to find cold weather hobbies.

Becky - so glad you had a great time. One of my favorite things about traveling is traveling by air. So much fun! We are driving, ICK, to Nashville for my nieces wedding. DH almost wishes DD and DSIL wouldn't have wanted to go because we could have flown for almost nothing. With them wanting to go, and not being able to afford airfare, we have to drive. Enjoy your last day of vacation.

DD was debating about telling her team at a meeting today - she is so nervous - not sure if it's because I had two miscarriages and she wants to be sure? She has some anxiety about stuff in general anyway. I will be glad when she goes to the doc today.

Hope everyone has a good Tuesday - rainy and damp here today.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:05 AM   #227

I didn't know your daughter had two miscarriages Cindy.

I don't think I could drive to Nashville. How long will

I have to be some where in an hour and I am not dressed.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:20 AM   #228
Queen Bargain Shopper

No, Debbie, I had the two miscarriages. She has anxiety anyway, so worries.

12 hour drive to Nashville. We leave on a Friday (the Friday before Memorial Day), and have to drive back on Memorial Day. DD doesn't have extra time she can take.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:28 AM   #229

Sorry, misunderstood. If she is finishing her first trimester she should be fine.

I didn't mention that my son and wife didn't get house they wanted. They will find another one some day.

The house is still for sale. The sellers are most likely going to rent it because they can't afford to sell it. There is nothing for my kids to buy right now they can afford and they were willing to pay more then they planned on this last house.

Our computer crashed. Need to go to Apple Store to pick up new Mac Book. We have had it with Dells and H P s we have had. We have no luck. We like Mac products so splurging. Boy I need to work more!!!

Landscaper starts Sunday. Patio furniture due here today. Grill is the ??? It was damaged and reordered.

We wood love to have family cookout Saturday but not if there is no grill.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:57 AM   #230
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I missed yoga this morning because I was on the phone with student financial services trying to figure out a problem with DS19's account. I think I know where the problem originated, now hopefully, my college freshmen can work this out in person this afternoon. So frustrating!

Debbie, sorry the house didn't work out for your DS, sometimes that can be a blessing in disguise, hopefully that's what will happen here.

Cindy, I hope her pregnancy is easy. Its hard not to worry about what could happen.

Feel better soon!

Becky, I seem to get randomly picked to be searched regularly when we fly. I guess us feisty little women are pretty threatening, LOL! That's what DS19 always says anyway.
Its so nice that you are taking your friend/coworker with you to the concert. You'll have a blast!

MK, hope everything is okay!

Kaye, glad your patient is improving. I doubt my DH will ever actually retire, so I don't guess I'll have to worry about that, LOL.
Old 04-23-2013, 12:22 PM   #231
Big Yapper!!!!

Debbie, I had 2 dells that I loved but they only lasted about 3-4 years each, don't like this HP AT ALL!!!! If I could I would trash it and buy a dell. Never had an apple other than my phones.

Cindy, prayers for your daughter. I hope he ends the miscarriage cycle for your family. Is she matron of honor for the wedding?

Mk, maybe we should tell Kelly that its not the shoes they need to look out for with us short ladies, but instead the purses??? Lol.

I mowed.. The only exercise I got this week except for walking in airports and the halls if my aunts senior living. And the diet... Don't ask! Weigh in is tomorrow a its a whole new week, right? The lawn took 1 hr 40 minutes today.
Old 04-23-2013, 12:23 PM   #232
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh... Waving to Jenn too
Old 04-23-2013, 01:13 PM   #233
Queen Bargain Shopper

Hi Becky - thanks for the prayers. She goes to the doc in about an hour - anxious for her to get through this appointment. Yes, she is matron of honor in DD23's wedding.

So, dear friends - please don't say anything on my Facebook page or hers.......she hasn't told her co workers or boss yet. I just told her I told you all here and she asked me to ask you to wait till I post it publicly. I know you understand - it seems so many things are made public on Facebook before significant people are told. I don't want to get in trouble!

Last edited by Radmom413; 04-23-2013 at 01:33 PM.. Reason: Editing so DD25 doesn't get mad!!! :)
Old 04-23-2013, 01:40 PM   #234
Big Yapper!!!!

I won't say anything. Man, u ladies have LoTS of secrets on me too! Please let us know how she is, ok Cindy?
Old 04-23-2013, 02:01 PM   #235
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Cindy, I completely understand the fb concern. I found out about all sorts of things that should have been kept private via fb.

Becky, the last time, I got a full pat down. The "boys" all found it funny that I was the one that got stopped and frisked. (shoes checked too)
Old 04-23-2013, 07:29 PM   #236

Home from end of program party. Collected money and coaches got smaller then usual amount but they also got a $50 gift card from the program paid out of our fees. The head coach got a few hundred dollars. My husband even got an extra gift card from some one who just wanted to thank him.

My patio set came. My DS21 helped me put it together. Grill will come Friday we hope or Saturday. Landscaping starts Sunday.

Picked up new Mac Book. Can manage with it but need to learn more.

Work 4hours tomorrow plus have staff meeting before. I have to go to Costco after to buy race food. Thursday is cleaning day and finishing race details. Well not finishing but will be close to finished.

Cindy, I hope the doctors appointment went well.

Night Night Ladies!
Old 04-24-2013, 04:35 AM   #237
Queen Bargain Shopper

Great doc appt for DD! She heard a strong heartbeat - doc was quite pleased!
They also have some instrument that THEY can use and hear that they got from SIL, so they called us last night and I HEARD IT!!!!

I knew you'd understand about FB!
She will tell her boss today and team tomorrow and then I can share I am going to be a Grandma!!!

Off to work - lots done yesterday being home.
Hope all is well with everyone!
Old 04-24-2013, 05:19 AM   #238

Cindy, isn't it the greatest thing!! I love sharing our joy!!!

I see Isabella Saturday. Went to Gymboree yesterday and bought 3-4 outfits for her. Her mommy loves to dress her up. I have so much fun.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:47 AM   #239
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm so happy to have you all as friends to share life's ups and downs!
(this is so much better than facebook any day!)

Cindy, so exciting to hear that new little person's heartbeat for the first time. It makes it seem so much more real!

Debbie, we seem to have trouble collecting money for various things at the moment too. It's really frustrating!
Old 04-25-2013, 04:33 AM   #240
Queen Bargain Shopper

I'm happy to have you all here as well!

Where the heck is Miss MK????

Off to work today - it's been crazy and only going to get crazier.
This weekend DD23 comes home, dress fitting and wedding invitation marathon.
The following weekend is when we are supposed to celebrate her bachelorette. Haven't told her that we aren't doing anything extravagant yet. I have a feeling she is going to understand......with all this business with her car.....long story short - they totaled it and she is buying another - we offered to give her the $1000 extra to put towards it so she doesn't have a payment. She did say, however, she would pay us back. It's always something, isn't it?

Love and hugs dear ladies!
Closed Thread