Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2013, 05:19 AM   #181
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rebecca130
Stats: 201/ 183/130
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Jan 23, 2008
Still can't take off cuz of storms in Dallas. Someone come and post and keep me company!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2013, 05:40 AM   #182
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: handbells
Stats: too much/not enough/just right
Start Date: today!
Oh no, Becky! Hope your flight takes off soon!
Old 04-18-2013, 05:49 AM   #183
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debbiedo
Stats: pretty close to perfect!
WOE: mindful eating/running off the pounds
Start Date: over and over again
Bring your Kindle. They will make you turn that and your phone off when you take off and land.

What airlines you traveling??
Old 04-18-2013, 05:52 AM   #184
Big Yapper!!!!

I have my kindle in my purse. We're flying American Airlines
Old 04-18-2013, 06:07 AM   #185

Have a wonderful time!! Can't wait to hear all about it.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:04 AM   #186
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kellydawne
Good morning-

We have a lazy morning because of standardized testing. DS15 doesn't start school until 10 today. We both needed a later morning, its been go, go, go, hurry, hurry, hurry for a while.

Becky, hope you aren't too backed up today. Travel safe! You're going to have a great time!

Debbie, I have more of a belly than I would like, but I'm okay with my size 6's and 8's for the moment. Its not too bad except for just before and during TOM and I don't know of any way to change a little bloat that goes along with that.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:13 AM   #187

I wear a 4. That is a vanity size 4. I usually go up in dresses and bathing suits way up!

My weight is really fine. It is middle age fat belly issues. 118.8 today. Really can't see myself maintaining lower then 116-117.

I am small framed but not my thighs, boobs, stomach are upper arms. Of course my husband thinks I am too hard on myself. I see what I see. I really just like to feel good in my clothes. Mostly I do. I sometimes have a hard time with my chest.

None of this is really important and I just don't want to be diabetic. diabetes ages you!!

So I am watching what I eat but still eating a balanced diet. Less sugar, no gluten and somewhat reduced carbs. Basically no carbs snacks and more mindful portions. I need to eat to live!!
Old 04-18-2013, 09:30 AM   #188
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Morning!

I hope Becky is flying!
Lots of flooding here - Chicago too!

Kelly - I agree. Lots of vegetarians eat poorly. Cindy's DD seems to do really well with Vegan. She has found a good balance.

Debbie - I weigh more than you, but a lot of it is muscle. I don't have wobbly upper arms any longer and my thighs are toned. But of course there's always something I don't like!!

You'll get the diet figured out!
Old 04-18-2013, 10:25 AM   #189
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I actually put my scale away so I have no clue what I weigh. I have two pairs of pants and a fitted blouse that as long as they fit I'm okay. (I do have a size 4P LBD that I would love to get back into, but...)
My mom doesn't believe me that I really don't weigh very often. My arms (triceps) are a little more jiggly than I would like, but I'm back to body weight exercises like dips off of my bench seating in the kitchen, push-ups, planks, and yoga and that should help. I have good muscle tone there, but I have to flex to see it. My legs are very toned, but of course I see the fat in the middle. Of course, I would be happier without it, but the more important thing is to be healthy.
We're always hardest on ourselves.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:40 AM   #190

I need to weight train but need to find a way that doesn't hurt my back or left shoulder. I really need a cortisone shot in my shoulder but procrastinate.

Watched the service for Boston. Cleaned my pantry out during it.

Our grill was damaged and needs to be reordered. Won't get it for a week or more. Patio set delayed and may get next Thursday. Landscaper hasn't gotten back to me. Time for another estimate.

Horrible what happened in Texas. A pity they can build homes and communities so close. Those chemicals have to be toxic.

Last edited by debbiedo; 04-18-2013 at 10:41 AM..
Old 04-18-2013, 09:28 PM   #191
Big Yapper!!!!

Landed fine, tired! Nothing moving out of Dayton to Chicago and people were getting MAD!!!

Flying is awesome, I LOVED it!!!

Be back tomorrow when I'm not so tired!
Old 04-19-2013, 02:48 AM   #192

My email was spammed . Do not open links!! Think it came from twitter account.

Can't keep. Watching news. Amazing!!!
Old 04-19-2013, 05:10 AM   #193

You guys watching the news?? Couldn't sleep and it will be a long day.

Hope they find the second guy before anyone else is hurt. Boston is a big city. This is scary.

I lived in Boston 1978-1981 after college. We want to go back to the marathon next April to cheer friends on not to run( will do the 5K)
Old 04-19-2013, 05:20 AM   #194
Queen Bargain Shopper

Gallery: Radmom413
Stats: Always a work in progress!
WOE: SB Vet/NMD
Start Date: Every day is a new start!
Morning!
TGIF!
My parents arrived and DSIL joined us for dinner last night and we all had a lot of fun!

Today I work for half day then lunch with PUnits and then taking Mom for a manicure for her bday. Then dinner out tonight to celebrate their birthdays.

Continuing drama with DD's BFF's shower! If you want to know the drama - I can post.... All started with me emailing DD's SIL who is hosting shower, explaining that I won't make it to the shower tomorrow.

I quit weighing again - I go by my clothes - YOU know when you are gaining weight or have gained weight. I know by my pants and dresses. Honestly, I just don't have the time to put in what I would need to to see dramatic results. With working full time, I am exhausted at the end of the day and after work isn't my favorite time to work out. I do think I would see significant results if I could work with a trainer or attend a boot camp sort of environment. Do I want to? Some days yes, some days no. I feel good, eat healthy, work out regularly......I don't want to HAVE to do more. I do have a former student who recently became a trainer and he is talking about starting up some boot camp type classes - I will see how this all comes together and I may think about it if it's convenient time/place. My boss, she is 39, has made some big changes through weight training and goes during lunch and will work with me - she works with my other friend.....I just can't do it at lunch - not a good time to work out, get all icky, lol, and then back to work.

Unbelievable what is going on in Boston this morning!

Hair is new, but old, lol. I was growing out a bit and with taking biotin for my nails, it went crazy - I didn't like the direction it was going.....

Hoping Becky has a great time on her trip - I love flying - the whole airport thing - getting coffee , people watching........

Oh, and I will have some news to share with you all next week.

•○•
"It is what it is."
•○•
Old 04-19-2013, 05:38 AM   #195

News??? Can't wait Cindy.

I wouldn't be eating the way I am unless I was dealing with possible diabetes in my future. I tend to over eat but eat a fairly healthy diet so just tweaking and cutting back.

Becky, you must be having a ball.

MK, flooding near you??

Jenn, I hope your OK.

Kaye, hope your husband is healing quickly.

Kelly, how is C25K going? You need a goal race.

I have a 10K Sunday. I really shouldn't be running as my back isn't great and my running impacted. My Dr. Wants me to take Neurontin for the nerve pain but I am afraid to take it. I worry about side effects.

Watching news closely. Praying no one else gets hurt. Can you imagine this in your backyard??
Old 04-19-2013, 07:49 AM   #196

The news is amazing. I am a news junkie but this is must see TV.

I have to work and prefer to be glued to the TV.

There is a local connection. The terrorists Uncle lived in Monthgemery Village and they just showed his house on TV.

By the way my email was hacked. Do not open links if you get email from me. I haven't sent emails to you.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:00 AM   #197
Big Yapper!!!!

Post it Cindy. We all want to know! (I'm nosey!)
Old 04-19-2013, 08:25 AM   #198
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning-

Debbie, I did get an email that was obviously not from you this morning, it was pretty obvious that you'd been hacked. (sorry!)
I'm still doing c25k with my friend. We increased our distance this week and slowed our pace. We are finally at the point that it feels good to run.
I'm doing a short body weight workout that I found on another site 2x a week in between. (we are running 3x a week so we don't overdo it and quit) The body weight workout only takes about 20 minutes, I'm a little sore from yesterday's walking lunges so today's run will be good to stretch that out.

One of the nice things about dropping cable is you have to look for news. We don't have the option of just flipping on CNN and it actually seems like both DH and I are calmer now.

Becky, glad your flights were smooth once you got in the air. I loved the pics of your mom and aunt on fb! Looks like its off to a good start.

Cindy, no fair posting a teaser like that.
I need a haircut, I just need to call and schedule something. I always think about it on the way out the door or early in the morning.
Old 04-19-2013, 12:24 PM   #199
Princess Proofreader

Hi!

I'm going to with girlfriends to a Thai place tonight - what should I order?
What's your favorite dish?

Kelly - I don't watch much news, but today it's hard to get away from it!

Sounds like you're making amazing progress!!

Cindy - I agree with you - something has to give. It's hard to focus on working out when there's so many other things jockeying for your time!

Are you going to be a grandma??!!

And yes - share DD's drama!!

Debbie - step away from the TV!!
If that guy is smart he'd get out of Boston ASAP!
We do have a lot of flooding.
Luckily today through Monday it's supposed to be dry.

Becky - glad you liked flying!! Have a great trip!

Jenn - what's new?

Kaye - back at work?

Circles of fashion are more like spirals, covering the same area but never arriving in the same place twice!

°°◊°°
Old 04-19-2013, 03:29 PM   #200
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: ShortKayke
Stats: (High 165) 135/115/105 4'10"
WOE: My Atkins
Start Date: 10/03 on and off when jeans get tight!
Hey Deb! I've been playing 'nurse' all week!
(Haven't killed my patient yet! )

The hardest part is keeping him resting, keeps wanting to get up and 'do' stuff...so in turn *I* have to jump up and do it to stop him from doing it.
It's exhausting!

Yes MK, back to work for me and through the weekend. My coworker has a bad cold so DH was well enough to leave for a couple hours. She needed a break after me being off for him.
Thai sounds yummy!

Cindy, Hope the 'rent visit goes well. And sorry about your brother's choices. But congrats on new hair!

YAY Becky likes flying! Enjoy your trip!

Kelly, Busy you, congrats on the c25k! Now, the 'short body workout' is that mean it doesn't take long or for petite bodies?

Jenn, so much going on with the kids as always...Towards the end of the school year it always gets crazy.

Have continued not eating sugars here, but have allowed some breads, grains, pasta and rice. Am down to 120ish..so haven't lost more than 5 but haven't gained any even though we've had to eat carry out a lot lately.

It's SNOWING here today, so don't have to worry about fitting into my shorts in the near future.

Oh...my patient need another juice box...
TGIF everyone!
Old 04-19-2013, 05:40 PM   #201
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortKayke View Post

Kelly, Busy you, congrats on the c25k! Now, the 'short body workout' is that mean it doesn't take long or for petite bodies?

:
I guess either/or.

Glad your DH is feeling better enough to keep you running.

MK, no suggestions from me for a favorite Thai dish. Its all good, right?
Old 04-19-2013, 06:04 PM   #202

I like Pad Thai. It is the only Thai meal I eat. Not anymore though.

Work was nice and slow.

Home watching the ongoing news.

Off till Monday.

Kaye, glad the patient is doing well.

MK, I was going to ask Cindy if there was possibly baby news.

DS21 is moving furnature into my basement from GF mom house. They get apartment
May 1.

DS30 has offer in on house. No word yet.

I have been up since 4 but want to watch the news as they have terrorist 19 year old cornered. I hope he is alive for information.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:55 PM   #203
Princess Proofreader

Kelly - Yummy dinner - I had lava chicken!

Debbie - no more Thai food?

Kaye - a juice box?!

Cindy - how are the 'rents?
Old 04-20-2013, 05:30 AM   #204

I can't eat Thai because of gluten. I guess if made with rice noodles and no soy sauce I could eat it. Honestly I only like Pad Thai. Most Thai food too spicy for me.

DH going out to run with his cancer to 5K program.

Cold here. High upper 50's low 60's. It will be cold tomorrow. Not sure what to wear to race in becausei it will be cold standing around.

DS30 says the owners of the house they want to buy may rent instead because they need more money then they can get in a sale. My son will be disappointed bcause they really need to move but there is so little to buy. They can only afford so much and can't go up much more on this little house.

I am going to call and see if we can see Isabella today.
Old 04-20-2013, 06:58 AM   #205
Queen Bargain Shopper

Gallery: Radmom413
Stats: Always a work in progress!
WOE: SB Vet/NMD
Start Date: Every day is a new start!
So chilly today!
I cannot believe how cold it is still!

Debbie - DD23 and DF are looking at moving - their rent is horribly high and they really need to get their ducks in a row - I feel bad for young couples today - trying to make a living and being able to live as well with rent/mortgage, car payments, student loans......we are trying to help guide them into buying a car with the check they get from the insurance company and paying cash and not having a car payment.

Hope you do get to see Isabella!

Kaye - glad DH is doing well - make sure to take care of you as well!!!

PUnits are good - all this with my brother and other stuff going on makes me realize I just need to be there for them and have some patience......we met for lunch and then Mom and I went for a manicure then to Starbucks. Skipping the shower today (she is having two and they want me more at the other one) and Mom and I are going to do a little shopping - helping her look for a dress for a nieces wedding and DD's. Then to DD25's for birthday dinner.

ok. I will try to summarize with the recent drama - and sometimes by writing it all out, I can let it go.... DD's BFF is having TWO wedding showers - we all didn't think it was necessary, but that's the way it is. BFF and her Mom (my friend), told me from the beginning that even though I would be invited to both, I shouldn't feel obligated to come to both. DD25 is hosting the one the REALLY want me to come to and then DD's SIL and BFF's FSIL is hosting the one today. I had originally RSVP'd that I may or may not be able to attend - if DD23 came home we may have fitting appointments (the shower is at 10 a.m. and our dressmaker only does Saturday morning appointments.) DD decided not to come home but then all the issues started with my parents visits and they ended up coming this weekend. I decided since BFF was having two showers that I wouldn't go to this one and stay and visit with my parents - they come out three times a year and with all the issues with my brother, I figured I should give them some time. I emailed the SIL.....and she forwards to BFF with the comment "well isn't this annoying." BFF accidently forwarded it to me responding to me that she totally understood and never expected me to go to both........well that started it all - SIL is a control freak and a b**** and this just put the icing on the cake. I had told her a while ago I may not make it due to DD - well that was still up in the air. DD25 was livid as was DSIL. I then emailed BFFs Mom and she said "consider the source", don't worry about and she would rather I spend the time with my 80 year old mother and come to the other shower. SIL NEVER responded to me. BFF was so sorry she forwarded the email to me without getting rid of the rude comment. It was quite hurtful - DD and I both commented to BFF and her Mom that we hope they reiterated to her that they had told me I didn't need to come to both showers. I am just so tired of people making a big stink out of little things.....and really why was it "so annoying" ? I couldn't believe what I was reading!!! So I was the bigger person and didn't make any comments, although I wanted to. DD still wants to figure out a way to let her know that we know what she said - DD is so upset.

On to better things - I have been wanting to share my GREAT news with all of you for a while, but it can't get out to the public yet........like Facebook.......... You all know what happens then. It will be made public next week. I can't wait anymore - I have been chomping at the bit to let you all know, but........
YES, I AM GOING TO BE A GRANDMA!!!!!!

DD wanted to wait until after her second appt which is Tuesday, but she is telling her principal Monday, her Language Arts Team on Tuesday and the rest of her team on Wednesday. She actually will be starting her 2nd trimester next week!!! She is due October 30th! I am SO excited!!!! I still can't believe it sometimes - I have known for a while......she is starting to show and just now is having a hard time buttoning her pants! DH and I are thrilled as well as DD23 and FSIL!

So on that note, I will stop rambling! Love and hugs my friends; I couldn't wait to share this news with you!!!
Old 04-20-2013, 07:02 AM   #206

So excited Cindy!! I had a feeling. Being a grandma is the best.

Glad your parents visit is going well.

Not sure i will see Bella today. DH and I have no plans. Just a lay kind of day.
Old 04-20-2013, 07:16 AM   #207
Big Yapper!!!!

Omg Cindy, that is soooo exciting!!!! I guess u have figured out that I being a grandma!!! Its the most wonderful thing in the world.. Te only thing that tops it is being a mother!

Bbl, gotta run!
Old 04-20-2013, 12:01 PM   #208
Princess Proofreader

Cindy - So Exciting!! i knew you were going to be a Grandma!! What will the baby call you? Boy or girl?

The shower stuff is so annoying!
You have so many better things in your life!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbiedo View Post
I can't eat Thai because of gluten. I guess if made with rice noodles and no soy sauce I could eat it. Honestly I only like Pad Thai. Most Thai food too spicy for me.
I had chicken and rice, so no noodles!
Old 04-20-2013, 03:11 PM   #209

Just looked at two houses with kids. Before that bought Isabella some clothes. Going to their apartment now.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:52 AM   #210
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Cindy, congrats!
Closed Thread