Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2013, 05:41 PM   #121
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Hi!

Another busy errand day - AND it's 55 and rainy. Ick!
I had a pedi, shopped at Petsmart, Walmart, and Starbucks.
Then had my hair cut, colored and highlighted. It's finally darker again.
I also visited my mom ~ but she was in the activity room and looked like she was asleep, so I left her a magazine and continued on my way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radmom413 View Post
Mowing?

Who's mowing???
Our neighbors a couple of days ago . . . it's supposed to be 70 again on Sunday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radmom413 View Post
Hot and Sunny?

My parents postponed their visit due to the weather being horrible.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by handbells View Post
Cindy-I guess the weather was good for something?

Debbie - like everyone said ~ You have a good son with a good heart. And you support him. It won't be easy, but if they really love each other, it will work out.

Blood test results? Are you OK?

Becky - is your sleepover guest there? Yes, the rain was REALLY strong here - most of the night. We got a little over an inch. I prefer that to the 13 inches of snow we had a couple of weeks ago!

Cindy - glad DD is feeling better. Your turn!!
Spring will be here soon!!!

And now my DD26 is talking about moving to Seattle instead of Chicago . . .

Kelly - I only like storms when I can stay inside!!
When will DS be home for the summer?

Circles of fashion are more like spirals, covering the same area but never arriving in the same place twice!

°°◊°°

Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2013, 06:49 PM   #122
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debbiedo
Stats: pretty close to perfect!
WOE: mindful eating/running off the pounds
Start Date: over and over again
My Hemoglobin A1C was one tenth above high number so checking blood sugar,hemoglobinA1C and thyroid stuff.
Old 04-12-2013, 04:32 AM   #123
Queen Bargain Shopper

Gallery: Radmom413
Stats: Always a work in progress!
WOE: SB Vet/NMD
Start Date: Every day is a new start!
All I can say is TGIF!
Weather is horrible here again today.

This weekend DD25 and I will get all shower invites done - they are coming over for dinner tomorrow night. Tomorrow we are going to pick up a couple little things for her BFF's shower next weekend. We got her "real" gift for the shower in June, but have to have some little thing for this one. Sort of annoying she has to have TWO showers.......more $$ for all involved, but she is spoiled so doesn't think of others often.

Tonight after work I am going with a friend from work to get her hair cut - she is going to my stylist and wants me to come along. She's been talking about it for about two years, and now with two little kids running around, I think she thinks it's time. She is too funny and says she feels like a big baby, but I love my Sara (my stylist) and my friend always says my girls and I have great hair and since she is one of my adopted daughters wants great hair too.

Debbie - reading your post about DS's GF, makes me not like her Dad. It sounds like he doesn't have much compassion or patience. Thankfully, DS has you and Don - and I know we like our empty nest......I feel the same way when DD23 comes home for the weekend, , but it will be empty again!!!

Not sure what's happening with the car yet......DD doesn't understand why she and DF can't just go buy a car..........DH said no, the car was still in our name and if we are going to replace it, we will be apart of the decision. We have a car guy here that we have purchased from since we moved here and DH trusts him - plus we can tell him what we are looking for and he will go out and look/get it. He's a small, private dealer and always has given us a good deal.

Well, off and running again today...........

•○•
"It is what it is."
•○•
Old 04-12-2013, 04:41 AM   #124
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rebecca130
Stats: 201/ 183/130
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Jan 23, 2008
We have a car guy like u do Cindy, its hard to go to a dealership cuz I feel like all they care about is their commission and not what is good for us! Sometimes johns brother in law will find good deals as he is always looking. They constantly have new cars! So when we want something, sometimes we will ask him to be on the lookout for us!

Can u believe we have had Mandy for 3 months? She's 6 months now and has grown A LOT! Now we have a half adult size body with a crazy kitten mind running through the house, over the top of things, over the top of ME!!! She doesn't slow down, she has an on and off button and nothing in between.
Old 04-12-2013, 04:52 AM   #125

DS21 and GF move into new apartment May 1. Her mom is downsizing so she is getting furniture from her. GF also has things from her college apartment.

Rain here. Woke to thunder.
At least it isn't snow!

Wonder if it will keep people home from the ER today. I work till 7:15.

DS's GF was brought up in a home where only A's were expected. She has a sister she feels is perfect. Taller,thinner, and smarter. Poor GF was a premie who is still small. She fights with her weight. Her parents divorced and dad married family friend a d brought step kids into the house. Step brother coming home. She is going to be 25 and he is willing to pay part of her rent and sign for her apartment to get her out. We think they want Michael out. I wonder if they really like him but she does. She loves him and they want to be together forever. She is sweet. She is smart. She is kind of fragile.

I better get showered and go pay bills, make lunch etc!! Need to plan dinner. Bought a pack of 4 steaks yesterday. Need meals for son and GF.
Old 04-12-2013, 04:55 AM   #126

Missed your post Becky! Happy 6 months with Mandy.
Old 04-12-2013, 06:51 AM   #127
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kellydawne
Good morning-

Yesterday, I made it to the nursery/garden center that people have told me about for years. That could get dangerous. We have white flies on our hibiscus plants and they are hard to get rid of. We've tried pesticides and back in Febuary we actually ordered ladybugs online. The lady bugs did the trick, but they are back, so one of my friends told me that I could buy "good bugs" at the nursery. (the cat killed quite a few of the ladybugs last time too, this time, I just put them on the plants and Gray Puffball is inside for a while) I also have "worm castings" to spread around the plants that supposedly won't let the larvae move from the ground to the plant, so its supposed to help them not come back. (looks like I'll be playing in the dirt in a while)

Becky, we usually get about one thunderstorm a year, but they're weird, the thunder rolls over the ocean and it sounds freaky.
We will usually get what you all would call a "good hard rain" a couple of times a year and what most people here would call a downpour you would call a light rain. Because it rarely rains though, the drainage is bad (we want to keep all of our ground water) AND people aren't used to driving in it and there are accidents like crazy!

MK, your DD is keeping you on your toes.
We just booked DS19's airline ticket home this week. He was trying to book on the same flight with friends, but the other guy is a grad student and finishes finals a week before DS19. He'll be home a month from this coming Monday. I'm ready to have him at home for a while.

Debbie, what Cindy said about your DS and his GF.
It sounds like Michael is just what his GF needs, someone that loves her for who she is without the pressure to be perfect.

Cindy, If you have someone you know and trust with the car that makes a huge difference. Hopefully, the insurance company doesn't take too long.
(you'll have fun at the stylist with your friend!)
Old 04-12-2013, 07:00 AM   #128
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: handbells
Stats: too much/not enough/just right
Start Date: today!
Morning!

A bit drizzly here

My head is killing me from the increasing pressure (supposed to get storms later) and I can barely form a coherent thought.

Just wanted to say hi!

Will take something for my head and be back later!
Old 04-12-2013, 07:03 AM   #129

DH and I very stressed with DS21 situation. He isn't working and needs to be!!
Old 04-12-2013, 07:42 AM   #130
Big Yapper!!!!

Kinda like the first snowfall of the season and the many accidents, Kelly?

Omg... I'm on a warpath! The "person" that johns stepdad is seeing termed John about how He's always working and never sees his family. What the heck? I work 3.5 hours a day and he sees his siblings more than I see my brother. I'm just fuming, have been since Wednesday night when John called his stepdad and he turned the phone over to his chick, which means stepdad has been dogging John and stepdad can't be THAT lonely now with his chick in his life! I'm about ready to explode, this has been eating at me for 2 days sooooo, Debbie! I'm going to go walk/run!!!!
Old 04-12-2013, 08:55 AM   #131
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Becky, I would be fuming too. Someone that you all can't know very well has no right to say anything! Talk about starting off on the wrong foot! Exercise, you'll feel better.

And, yes, like the first snowfall, except its like that EVERY time it rains. We told the boys they have to drive in real weather when we visit family. It hasn't happened yet, DS19 refuses to drive if its rainy or snowy or whatever. (I'm sure that will change before he finishes college, but, ya know)

Debbie,

Jenn, hope you feel better soon!

Kaye, how's DH? Thinking about you.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:15 AM   #132
Big Yapper!!!!

Kelly, seems like when its been dry for a long spell and then it rains it happens too, lots of people having accidents. Like they forget how to drive in it. My dad use to say it was from the oil on the road but the older I get the less that makes sense, but I'm not good with that kind of stuff so maybe he was right after all.
Old 04-12-2013, 03:49 PM   #133
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It's quiet here today.

I've had quite the productive day I ran with my friend, slower pace but longer distance so it was good, but the end was hard!
I came home, grabbed water and took my sweaty self to the back yard where I pulled weeds and cleaned up leaves, watched my lady bug friends for a while and then spread the worm castings (which just look like really dark dirt) around the two plants that tend to have bug problems. There is still more to do, but I think I was out there for about 3 hours. I came in all muddy and gross, got myself cleaned up, put dinner in the crockpot, and started laundry and my "weekly home blessing." I still have whites in the dryer (but I can't get to them because my kitchen floor is wet and it shows everything if you walk across it and I have to go through the kitchen to get to the laundry in the garage) and a load of stuff to put up and my wood floors to mop, but otherwise the house is picked up and everything else is done.

Of course, it will all get undone tomorrow because I'll have a house full of boys. My friend that moved will be in town this weekend and her DS15 is sleeping over Saturday night and we'll have extra kids so the boys can all hang out together. But at least I'll know they are eating off of a clean floor, LOL. BOYS!

Becky, my grandpa used to say the same thing, maybe, oil and water don't mix and they always use oil to seal asphalt, so it comes to the top with rain? I don't know, but maybe?
The roads aren't really slick like that here though, people just freak out and/or don't slow down. The freeway is really crazy!
Old 04-12-2013, 03:53 PM   #134
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh, and my house smells so good, I love dinner in the crockpot!
(orange braised beef with sweet potatoes from the practical paleo cookbook)
Old 04-13-2013, 06:32 AM   #135
Blabbermouth!!!

Popping in quickly...need to go to the bank this morning before they close

Grrr...never did get our thunderstorm! so irritating! My head feels better though!

Fairly quiet day today, I think.

Debbie-Is there anything your DS is interested in (work wise)?

Kelly-You did have a productive day! I love crockpot cooking too!

Becky-Family drama is the worst!

Cindy, Kaye, and MK-Hope you are all having a good morning!

Will try and pop in later!
Old 04-13-2013, 07:21 AM   #136
Big Yapper!!!!

Meeting my niece at the gym in about 40 minutes... She's already there.
Old 04-13-2013, 07:22 AM   #137
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh... And yesterday I did 30:03 minutes - 2.07 miles... 23 minutes of walking and 7 minutes of running. That's my best one yet!!! Today going to try to math it
Old 04-13-2013, 07:23 AM   #138
Big Yapper!!!!

Match it not math it. Lol
Old 04-13-2013, 02:47 PM   #139
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

We had an early water polo morning & now there are extra boys here. (their friend that moved is visiting this weekend). They sound like they are having fun
Old 04-13-2013, 03:27 PM   #140
Big Yapper!!!!

Did 30 min of moderate exercise which was 3.8 mph of walking and 4.3 mph of vigorous for 5 minutes at the gym. I'll probably do another 30 min set tonight if John-boy does his elliptical.
Old 04-13-2013, 10:50 PM   #141
Big Yapper!!!!

Did another 30 minutes of walking, had 8 minutes of vigorous for the day
Old 04-14-2013, 07:32 AM   #142
Queen Bargain Shopper

I didn't check in yesterday!

Debbie - your family may be just what DS's GF needs. Thankfully you have more patience and are more compassionate! And it's so frustrating with our kids sometimes when we see things and they don't! The job thing can be so hard!

Kelly- as much as I hate yard work - I envy you being able to work in your yard. It has snowed and sleeted all weekend and more on the way - although tomorrow and Tuesday maybe 50's?

Becky - it's always something with family isn't it? Well, I think my brother has disowned my parents and I...........long story, but I am not kidding!

Jenn - it's amazing how the barometric pressure affects us!

Went with my friend and she got a major makeover and her hair is SO cute! She was so appreciative that I went with her! Then DH and I had nacho's and watched Django Unchained - LOVED it!!!

Yesterday was a fun day - DD and I went for coffee, St. Vincent's, DSW (where I found shoes for DD's wedding!), JoAnn's.....dropped her off - came home got some stuff done and then she and DSIL came over for dinner and we got all the shower invites done, stamped, and ready to mail! We all watched Parental Guidance - and again - LOVED it!

Just R&R'ing today so far.
Old 04-14-2013, 10:47 AM   #143
Princess Proofreader

Hi!
I've forgotten to check in too - too many errands and too little time!

I spent the morning watching Spies of Warsaw with David Tennant - love him, but the show was just OK. Luckily only a 4 hour mini-series!

I made a dairy free peanut butter ice cream pie with an Oreo crust for my dinner contribution - friends are grilling chicken and I'll take some baked potatoes over too.
If the pie doesn't work, we're bringing ice cream (the real stuff) just in case.

Cindy - so sorry about your parents and brother!!

Kelly - I envy you too - though it will be 70 today . . . I guess I could pull weeds, but I'd much rather go for another long walk. Guess which one will win?
Old 04-14-2013, 12:18 PM   #144
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

We had kids in & out until about 10:30 last night. A few of them just slept over. I'm always at a loss as far as what to feed their friend that eats a vegan diet. She usually brings her own snacks, but I (sorta) felt bad ordering pizzas. Any suggestions Cindy?

MK, definitely take the walk & enjoy!

Cindy, sorry about the family messiness. It's hard!
It sounds like you all have had a good weekend.

Becky, WTG on the treadmill, keep it up, you're doing great!
Old 04-14-2013, 12:32 PM   #145
Big Yapper!!!!

With the girls, try just got home from their dads. Kim is out with Cory, she left about 1:40 to go to his house. He has some land and an "old" farmhouse, she said I would love it cuz I always hoped we could take over johns dads farm and the old house. He has some lambs and a few rams. He told her this morning he was up all night cuz a coyote kept trying to get his lambs. He has his son Til 1:00 on Sundays so he had to take him home and then he was going to meet her at his place. She said she wouldn't be long but I've heard that one before a time or two. . I wanted to mow the back and the front needs it again and today/tomorrow is the only time that the weather will be ok Til after I get home. I have so much little stuff to do before I leave. I hate the last little but of stuff tons before vacation.

I just laid around when I went home. I was gonna get up at 1230 and mowed but I just didn't have it in me. I shudda tho cuz miss Mandy kept jumping up on the top of the bed to look outside and then jump back down. I should have just gotten up and done it.

Be back later girls. Have a nice afternoon. Its so pretty out, rain is moving in on Tuesday morning.
Old 04-14-2013, 03:08 PM   #146
Princess Proofreader

I've been digging weeds out of the landscaping and picking up sticks.
Spring.
Joy.

I'm now too tired to walk!

Plus we have to be at our friend's house for dinner at 6:30.

Kelly - she could have a veggie pizza.
I like Amy's Roasted Vegetable Pizza

I has no cheese and is topped with marinated organic shiitake mushrooms, roasted red peppers, sweet onions and marinated artichoke hearts.

If she's there a lot, you could just keep one in the freezer.
Old 04-14-2013, 05:12 PM   #147
Blabbermouth!!!

Popping in

Cindy-did I miss something? What's going on with the family? Good that the invites are out of the way!

Becky-that's a lot of exercise! Good job!

MK-How did the pie turn out? It sounds delicious!

Kelly-sounds like you had a houseful!

Debbie-how are you feeling?

Had a fairly nice weekend. Finished watching the Lost Girl episodes that were on Netflix. Hoping to find the rest on On Demand to catch up. If not I will resort to the computer. lol. Dr Who was pretty good. Next week looks interesting!

I'm hoping to go to bed early tonight, but DH hasn't taken a shower yet (he played racquetball today), so I probably won't get to. *yawn*

Have a good night Ladies!

"Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!"

"Humankind is simply materialized color operating on the 49th vibration."
Old 04-15-2013, 04:29 AM   #148
Queen Bargain Shopper

Out of time!

DH and I started watching The Shield this weekend.......LOVE IT!!!!

Kelly - make sure the ingredients show no dairy! I have made that mistake before. Hummus is a good snack, corn chips and salsa, DD LOVES BBQ chips, Popcorn is a good snack......

Jenn - I will have to fill you in later - it's a sad, sad story and something you would NEVER think would happen in your family......I certainly can share with you all here.

It is STILL raining - thought it was supposed to be sunny and mid 50's today.
It's so hard to know what to wear to work these days.
Old 04-15-2013, 05:53 AM   #149

Cindy, family drama is hard. Probably hard to be in the middle too.

MK, is that pizza vegan? There are a lot of vegan options in the healthy grocery store.

I have to resist the gluten free baked goods.

Becky, hope Kim has found a keeper. Excited about your trip.

Jenn, I am fine. I just don't feel like my energy level is back. Perhaps stress is wearing me out.

Kelly, fruit,veggies, humus,salsa, vegan chips would all wrk.

I had a birthday party Saturday afternoon an hour away then met a couple at 6 for dinner and to go over race details. My race I direct is a week from Saturday. They are taking it over in a year but we will help them net year. Yesterday was work and DH and I then had dinner at Moby Dick. I had chicken kabobs.

Work today.

DHs cousin is coming a week from Friday. Waiting for landscaper to send estimate. Grill and patio set coming Thursday. Race this Sunday. Lots going on. DS21 and GF get apartment May 1. DS30 still house hunting but found a tiny renovated ranch near her moms. It is too much money for the size though. They are feeling out the owners on the price.

Way too much going on.

I better get ready for work!!!
Old 04-15-2013, 06:40 AM   #150
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning!

Cindy-my curiosity is peaked!

Debbie-it certainly sounds like you have a lot going on!

Supposed to be nice temp wise today, but rainy. No rain yet, but it certainly doesn't look good outside. Love these kinds of days though.

Trying to revamp our eating habits and get everyone to eat "healthier". I can't do away with everything though, and did make some cookies this morning for lunches They are made with cake mix (quick and easy), but I know I can do a healthier alternative.

House is a wreck from not doing much in it over the weekend. I went to the grocery store and cleaned out the van, so there are some things that need to be put away that are cluttering up other areas of the house. Harris Teeter had cans of chocolate macaroons left over from Passover on sale for 1.50, so I snatched up a bunch. DH loves them and they are something he can eat.

Padraic has a fishing campout this weekend with Scouts. He loves to fish, so he's pretty excited.

I've stepped away from Facebook for a bit as it was eating up too much of my time.

I think that's pretty much everything new and exciting here

Will pop in later!
Closed Thread