Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2013, 12:37 AM   #61
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rebecca130
Stats: 201/ 183/130
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Jan 23, 2008
It will be fun Debbie!!! At least its family so they will understand!

Can't sleep!

In having lunch with a girl that was in our nursery and transferred to a Kindercare closer to her home. She was so much fun to work with, she's close to Kim's age and has a son Gracie's age.

I ordered some more tops and another pair of jeans from kohls and also some jewelry,

I did the treadmill when we got home from Kim's last night. Only 20 minutes but I didn't want another day to go by without some exercise. I'm discovering a for exercising that I didn't know I had. I always dreaded it and wondered what people saw in it. Who wudda thought??? Lol.

Hopefully I can sleep now. Night... Again!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2013, 06:12 AM   #62
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: ShortKayke
Stats: (High 165) 135/115/105 4'10"
WOE: My Atkins
Start Date: 10/03 on and off when jeans get tight!

Survived my 'work 12 days in a row' last week and seem to be tired and sleeping a lot this weekend!

Trying to get all our ducks in a row before DH's surgery this Tuesday. The scheduler called and he needs to be there at 7 am, meaning we need to leave home at 4:30 am!
His surgeon called Friday to say after reviewing his scans she will not be able to do it orthoscopically, but will need to make a vertical abdomen incision . DH was not happy about that and was hoping to avoid the long scar. I felt it was reassuring that the surgeon was doing her homework about his personal surgery well in advance, and calling personally to discuss it.

DH is getting edgy and nervous (understandable) and trying to keep things calm and 'normal' here. He's never had surgery of any kind, and he's been remembering how well I did after my two c-sections for comparison. Today will be his last day to eat what he wants for a while, so it's a 'whatever you want' food day! (Not us girls though, limited as we've been staying on plan!)

Have arranged with my mom to stay with her, within a 1/2 hour of Ann Arbor, not 2+ hours like home, Tuesday night so I can go back to the hospital Wed. morning. Then head home that night to work my Thurs. and Friday, then back Saturday with the girls. Tentative release is Sunday, but keeping the schedule open Sat-Mon and beyond. Hoping for complication free and he'll be released on time. Truly unsure how the schedule will play out as it depends on how it all goes, first priority is to be there as much as he needs/wants me to be. Will have to just play the coming week by ear.

Nice to have a morning off so now I can go back and read up on how my favorite ladies are doing! All well I hope.

Still pretty chilly here, but at least all the snow is gone!

Haven't told DH, but I ordered 4 new baby chickens to come on the 24th. Her first batch was coming this week and that's too soon! Need to have the kiddie pool and heat lamp set up! I had already planned to build a bigger coop this summer after learning how much time they needed to stay indoors during the bitter cold of winter, so a bigger house was coming anyway! He can find out when we come home with the little fluff balls going 'peep peep peep'

Making his favorite sausage gravy and biscuits for breakfast so have to go stand and stir that!
Hugs all around and will update how everything goes this week.
Old 04-07-2013, 06:32 AM   #63
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debbiedo
Stats: pretty close to perfect!
WOE: mindful eating/running off the pounds
Start Date: over and over again
Kaye, will be thinking of your husband and you Tuesday. Please update us if and when you have time. Your c section was probably easier. Don't tell him though!!

Working 12 today and 8 tomorrow. Too bad because the weather is getting warmer.

Took a Vicodin last night because sciatica was bad and I needed to sleep. Had my best night in weeks. No hot flashes,sweats and itching mixed with pain to wake me up. What a combo. I don't like to take narcotics but I have had these for almost 10 months and there were only 20 in there and I have 3 left. I have another bottle somewhere. I took most when I fell last June right before my trip to Israel.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:38 AM   #64
Queen Bargain Shopper

Gallery: Radmom413
Stats: Always a work in progress!
WOE: SB Vet/NMD
Start Date: Every day is a new start!
Kaye.
Thoughts and prayers for DH.
Truly though - what we go through compared to our men......my DH is the same way - I have had 4 surgeries....2 csections, another exploratory, then then my hysterectomy, and he is scared about a colonoscopy! MEN!!!

Sorry Deb - Didn't want to comment but coming from Michigan, I am a Michigan fan. That's all I will say about that......

Becky - good for you! I have to get in my 5-6 days in of working out a week or I just don't fee right.

Got a bunch of stuff done.....groceries, out for breakfast, some cleaning, laundry.....excited that Mad Men starts tonight - I can't wait till tomorrow to watch it!

Off to get some more stuff done...

•○•
"It is what it is."
•○•
Old 04-07-2013, 08:42 AM   #65
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kellydawne
for Kaye

I need to get breakfast for DS15, bbl to chat
Old 04-07-2013, 04:00 PM   #66
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Kaye - definitely keep us posted!! He'll do fine, but he'll whine anyway!

Debbie - glad you got some sleep!!

Becky - welcome to the exercise fan club!!
I, too, HAVE to workout or go crazy! It's my stress reliever.

It's gorgeous and 70° today! DH and I went on a 5 mile walk on the bike trail.
Now he's off to Boston until Thursday ~ party!!!
Old 04-08-2013, 03:23 AM   #67
Big Yapper!!!!

good morning girls!
Old 04-08-2013, 04:22 AM   #68
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: handbells
Stats: too much/not enough/just right
Start Date: today!
Morning!

Just a quick pop in as I have to go make lunches for the kids.

Just wanted to hop on and say hi! I'll try and pop in later!
Old 04-08-2013, 04:23 AM   #69
Queen Bargain Shopper

Happy Monday!

At least I can pretend I like it!

I got so engrossed in 24 yesterday while walking on my treadmill - I walked for over an hour! I finally finished season 1 and am on to season 2..........

And Mad Men started last night!

Kelly - we are faring well without cable - even purchasing seasons of shows has been WAY more economical than having cable - the thing is - I never watched things often in real time anyway!! Thanks for some of the tips you passed along!

Busy week ahead with summer registrations, continuing shower prep, my PUnits come Thursday.......
Old 04-08-2013, 06:31 AM   #70
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning-

I'm waiting on the coffee. (We started using a french press the last time we (actually me) broke our coffee pot. We like it better, but it does take a little longer to wait on the water to boil)

We had a nice weekend (and spring break) but its back to reality today. Saturday I chaperoned our confirmation I youth group kids for their retreat. (It was just a one day retreat) It was a really good day, the speakers were really touching and uplifting. Even the kids said they enjoyed most of the speakers. It was a long day though, we didn't get home until almost 10.

MK, its so much easier to exercise more when the weather is nice.

Cindy, I kinda lost interest in Revolution too, but DS15 didn't and we are watching together, so it didn't take long to get interested again.
I watched most of the series Endgame on Hulu yesterday. We are really happy without cable too.

Jenn, busy week ahead?

Becky, you are doing so great with your eating AND exercise.

Debbie, any news on house hunting? My mom left all of her cabinets open for my boys to play in them, she just moved all of the potentially dangerous stuff up. They loved pulling every last pot and pan out at Mimi's when they were Bella's age.

Kaye, love your need for a new chicken coop.
Hang in there this week and I would agree, the surgeon calling you at home pre-op is a good sign.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:06 AM   #71

Kelly, I don't want her near the chemicals under the sink or the food processor blades. Even the foil and plastic wrap edge is sharp. She was too busy to go near the cabinets Saturday.

I was at work till midnight last night. Quite the long busy day. Hoping today goes fast.

It is too nice out to be inside but tomorrow will be even warmer.

They should be done without a lot of the work on our front walk and patio today. They finish tomorrow. It has to set more before a grill or furniture can go on it.

Next step will be landscaping.

Need to leave now. DH working from home since he has a 3:30 dentist appt.. He broke a tooth biting into an olive. Can you say crown?? More big bucks!! Thankful for Health Care Spending Account.

DH visited wedding site yesterday. Wish I could have gone. Google Thorpewood. It is in the middle of now where and on a dirt road.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:23 AM   #72
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Debbie, I think my mom locked the cabinet under the kitchen sink and all the chemical stuff was there. She doesn't have a food processor and rarely uses her blender, so that was already up high and hard to get to and her foil and such were also higher than the other stuff. Her kitchen was just kinda easy for her to let the boys do that.
Ouch for your DH! Dental work is painful.

We did couch to 5k week 5, day 2 today. We kinda stalled at week 5, day 1 last week for several workouts in a row. Today was run 8 minutes, walk 5, run 8, cool down. Our pace was slower than last week's repeated workout, but that's okay we kept going and our distance was .01 farther (yes that decimal is in the right place)
The next workout says run 20 minutes (or 2 miles) without stopping, we may stay at this one for a couple of days first, LOL...
Old 04-08-2013, 10:19 AM   #73
Blabbermouth!!!

Quick pop in again!

Kaye-will keep you and your DH in my prayers!

Debbie-Ouch! I hope the damage isn't too bad for your DH and your pocketbook!

Cindy-how long will your punits be here?

Kelly-Not terribly busy but it will certainly feel like after doing absolutely nothing last week!

MK-hope all is well with you!

Becky-the tea party sounds like so much fun! I know the girls had a good time!
Old 04-08-2013, 10:36 AM   #74
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My (edited) text conversation with DS19 this morning (thought you all would find it funny too)

Him: It finally feels like spring
Me: YEAH!
We have almost the same weather today
Him: Yeah, except that feels warm here
Me: And it feels cold here& we have "severe weather alerts" Too funny
(the rest of it was about my couch to 5k plan, he's cheering me on)
Old 04-08-2013, 10:37 AM   #75
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Jenn, I'm avoiding laundry by chatting here at the moment.
Old 04-08-2013, 05:37 PM   #76
Princess Proofreader

Hi!

Exercised this morning, went to the pharmacy, mailed a package, and went to Kroger.

I emptied the refrigerator and cleaned it out ~ got rid of lots of expired stuff and it looks so much nicer in there!
I need to do the freezer tomorrow!
I've cleaned 2 windows too and pulled the screens down.

Baby steps!

I walked this afternoon, ate dinner and survived another day without DH!
He's enjoying Boston!

Cindy - Did you check your library for seasons of shows?
I get lots of mine from there, especially if they're not on Netflix.

Kelly - Our temps are frequently the same as Aspen - they just have 3 feet of snow on the ground even when it's 50!

Jenn - what's new?

Becky - keep on exercising!!!

Debbie - Your poor DH! Get some Tupperware and pots and pans to keep in the bottom cabinets! Isabella will love you! Give her a wooden spoon!

Circles of fashion are more like spirals, covering the same area but never arriving in the same place twice!

°°◊°°
Old 04-08-2013, 05:43 PM   #77
Queen Bargain Shopper

DD23 was in a car accident at lunch time today.
She wasn't hurt, but her car is totaled.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:10 PM   #78
Princess Proofreader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radmom413 View Post
DD23 was in a car accident at lunch time today.
She wasn't hurt, but her car is totaled.
Oh no!!!!
I'm glad she's OK!!!

Old 04-08-2013, 06:13 PM   #79

I have pots and pans in my bottom cupboards.

When DS30 was little and we loved an apartment he loved pots and pans. Our neighbors never did complain when he banged away. I have some toys from my kids she plays with and loves.

The patio and front look great. They need to seal it. Next getting the landscaper here. I will call tomorrow.

The weather is great here! Can't wait till tomorrow.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:15 PM   #80

Cindy, I just missed your post. What happened? I hope she is OK. Sometimes the pain comes later. I sure hope not!!!
Old 04-08-2013, 06:35 PM   #81
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh no Cindy, I hope she's ok!

I hate dental work Debbie!

I hate it when John goes out of town MK! this post is beginning to souls line George Straits song "I Hate everything!"

I can't imagine running 8 minutes, Kelly but someday I will!

Today's workout....31:02 minutes... 2 miles even... 6 minutes of running broken up into 1 minute segments
Old 04-08-2013, 06:57 PM   #82
Blabbermouth!!!

Cindy-oh no! Hope she's alright. Sorry to hear about the car, too.

MK-not a whole heck of a lot! lol! Scouts going on and cleaning the house. Still trying to get things under control and on a routine. Slow going, but it's going!

Kelly-I finally got a few loads done! I'm trying a new method to see if it works out.

Debbie-it's beautiful here too! Love the temps, but could do without all the pollen!

Henry gets his glasses tomorrow!
Old 04-08-2013, 11:18 PM   #83
Big Yapper!!!!

Debbie, how did u order the wi-if for your flight a few weeks ago? And do u know how far in advance u can order it? Thanks!
Old 04-09-2013, 04:24 AM   #84
Queen Bargain Shopper

I started a "oh whoa is me" post, but that's not going to do any good.
It seems as if it's always something here lately.

The accident happened on her lunch hour - there was a power outage and when the lights go out, temporary stop signs automatically go up. When the power went back on, the signs didn't go down and due to that the accident happened. Not sure the scenario, but all I keep thinking is "Thank God she is ok", it could have been worse. Also, no tickets were issued. As I said though, her car is totaled. Not sure what that will mean for she and FSIL, but they will have to figure it out. We have already rearranged coming home plans for this weekend - she had a dress fitting, and thankfully Sue, our dressmaker could postpone a couple weeks when she is back. I had dropped off fabric on Saturday and she already had put together the shower dress DD asked her to make for her! DD was still pretty upset last night.....

Off to work today - late day and a registration, so may be later than normal. Also have to figure out what to get my parents for their birthdays. Mom's was last month and although I sent her flowers - want to have some little thing for her and then Dad's is Thursday - we will celebrate at DD25's on Saturday night. Any idea's?
Old 04-09-2013, 05:07 AM   #85

I didn't do a woe as me post yesterday either. Left work behind but oy!

I am overjoyed to be off 3 days. Today I need to make some calls and figure out the patio set. Thursday I see my doctor, tomorrow I am supposed to go see the house the kids want to buy. It will mess up my evening run but the kids come first. My back is miserable and I shouldn't run. I am hoping being off my feet from work will help.

Cindy, I hope your daughter is OK today. When we have had totaled cars the money from insurance was never enough for another car. We bought used and put a good $7000 in last time. Hope your daughter does better.

Watching Today. Kerri Walsh Jennings coming on with her new baby. I saw her at the sports wards when I was in LA a month ago.

Guess I better get moving. As tired as I was last night I couldn't fall asleep even with Vicodin. I watched Smash and Revenge on IPad. ABC and NBC websites or aps have series on. Another option for those without cable. For some reason they don't always tape for me. Probably bounced for other shows. DH still tapes every Big Bang series repeat. I still tape House Hunters but not watch so should change that.

Can't wait to get outside today. Would love to go not DC to see the Cherry Blossoms that are just peaking.
Old 04-09-2013, 05:44 AM   #86

I went to airlines website when on plane and hit the wifi button and paid the fee. Must be done on the plane.
Old 04-09-2013, 07:32 AM   #87
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning-

I have committee meeting later this morning (the time keeps changing to work around everyone's crazy schedules) Hopefully, we will have a good start on next year's parent group by the end of our meeting. Pushing the time back means I have time for exercise too.

Kaye, thinking about you all this morning. Hope all goes better than expected.

Cindy, Oh No! glad she's okay. I'm sure replacing the car with the wedding coming up is certainly not good timing. and hang in there!

MK, we had not just the same temps, but he had sun, we had rain and their snow is mostly gone. He was so happy to have spring time weather.

Debbie, the outside of the house can definitely make you happier with the inside. I love coming home to my pretty little house with the flowers in the front yard.
I do miss the dramatic spring (and fall) that you all get every year. Ours is much more subtle.

Jenn, hope Henry likes his new glasses.
I've been arguing with flylady in my head a lot lately, I finally put my shoes back on yesterday and I did manage to finish everything I started before anyone made it home for the night. I had an exploded kitchen at one point though since I pulled everything off my counters to wipe them down WHILE putting groceries away AND starting dinner (to go in the crockpot, but it needed to simmer on the stove for a while first) Of course, I answered the phone to chat with DS19 in the middle of this and my cell drops calls if you walk into the kitchen, so...

Becky, Just a and because we're all so proud of you for taking care of yourself!
Old 04-09-2013, 07:33 AM   #88

Thinking about Kaye and her hubby too. Big surgery!!
Old 04-09-2013, 07:38 AM   #89

Made necessary calls. Heard back from landscaper and have him coming at 2.

Waiting to hear from doctor. Would like my blood work tomorrow. Want results when I go Tuesday.

Sent emails to my volunteers from last year for the 5k I direct April 27. I need at least 15 more people.

After two or three months no TOM I am experiencing it again. I am almost 57. This is crazy. I want it to stop. Hope my family practice MD can help me. Maybe I need a sonogram and blood work to check hormones.
Old 04-09-2013, 07:46 AM   #90
Blabbermouth!!!

Just a quick pop in as I'm trying to do a few things before I take off to the middle school.

Kaye-keeping you in my thoughts and prayers

Debbie-enjoy your time off! Hope your back feels better!

Kelly-He looks so adorable in them! I think he's happy with them I will try and post a pic later

Becky-When do you leave? I know it's soon!

Cindy-Sorry...I have no ideas! My mom's birthday is next month and I have yet to think of something for her! lol! Maybe a picture of you and the girls? I know once my husband found an old passport of his moms and it had a picture of him and her when he was just a tyke. He blew the picture up and had it framed and gave it to her. She loved it and was very touched.

Okay. I'm off. Need to empty the dishwasher, water plants, vacuum, and hopefully a few other things before I leave!

"Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!"

"Humankind is simply materialized color operating on the 49th vibration."
Closed Thread