Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2013, 10:22 AM   #31
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Becky - Yay!!! Congrats!!

Cindy - I did steroids a few summers ago - they gave me amazing energy!!
Hope it clears everything up!

Jenn - Yum!!! And Cherry Berry is a yogurt place like TCBY.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2013, 01:40 PM   #32
Queen Bargain Shopper

Gallery: Radmom413
Stats: Always a work in progress!
WOE: SB Vet/NMD
Start Date: Every day is a new start!
I was hoping for energy.
These things are kicking my butt.....I am SO tired!!!

WTG Becky!!!!
Old 04-03-2013, 02:11 PM   #33
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rebecca130
Stats: 201/ 183/130
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Jan 23, 2008
Ido t like being on prednisone either.

I had a great lunch with Alyssa, we went to Olive Garden and I don't the stuffed mushroom appetizer and the apricot chicken. The chicken is part of the lighter fare. I still can't believe I lost over a holiday and I honestly did not watch it but I didn't overdue it. I want to run some more. Haha. Debbie's is probably rolling her eyes at the new kid (me). Lol.

The girls are here cuz Kim is going to brio with a new guy, this is date #7 and so far he still seems normal. Waiting for the weirdness to come out! Someday she's bound to meet a normal person!

I really need to vacuum the carpet bad! I haven't been home much this week.

I'll check in later.
Old 04-03-2013, 02:14 PM   #34
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kellydawne
Hi Girls!

I started a new bible study this morning. Today was the first day and it starts in Genesis and ends with Revelation, they just finished a similar bible study and it took a few years to make it through. It was interesting though because there is a lot of discussion around the language, geography and other historical content.

DS15 is having an energetic YuGiOh watching day. (boys!) Actually, he had early morning practice and has a practice later this evening and he is really happy with junk food and cartoons today.

Cindy, I've used short term steriod meds for a couple of different things. They helped the problem, but I didn't really notice much other than that.
Glad your ear is starting to heal too.

MK, I saw your pic on FB, congrats on the close parking spot at the gym.

Jenn, the donut place sounds really fun! We have a cupcake place with fun flavors, but not donuts. We do have lots of ice cream, yogurt, and gelato places though.

Becky, Good for you! You are doing so great! Keep up the good work!

Kaye, how's it going? Thinking about you!
Old 04-04-2013, 02:54 AM   #35
Queen Bargain Shopper

I think the steroids are affecting me on the opposite end!
I was wide awake at three and finally got up a half hour ago!
So, catching up on Rachel Zoe and doing some online shopping!
Dishwasher already unloaded, lunch made.....I will jump on the treadmill in about an hour.

Jenn - the doughnut place sounds heavenly!!!

A new guy for Kim, Becky? I hope he is a normal guy!

Kelly - I long for the days of the girls being home and on spring break just vegging....who would have thought???

MK - How did DD's move go??

Summer Registrations start today so the next couple days/next week will be crazy.....and after this weekend we have SOMETHING EVERY weekend until the wedding!

We are trying to figure out what to do for DD's "bachelorette" party. She doesn't want a traditional party - she only wants to do something with DD25 and I. I need to keep it cost effective - she wanted to go to Chicago overnight - I just don't see that happening - for us to get to Milwaukee, go to Chicago overnight, then back to Milwaukee and back to Green Bay, in a weekend. DD25 suggested Door County - but that didn't go over - she wants to go somewhere to shop, have a great dinner and stay overnight. Any suggestions? MK - you are good about that stuff.......any thoughts???

Well, I guess getting up this early makes me chatty.......better move on so not to bore you all.......

Have a great Thursday.....I am looking forward to getting some work done here over the weekend!

•○•
"It is what it is."
•○•
Old 04-04-2013, 06:30 AM   #36
Princess Proofreader

Morning!!

Kelly - enjoy his Spring Break!!! I miss that!
Even Easter this year was so hectic that I missed being with the kids, even when I was with them . . . did that make sense??

I've always wanted to do a bible study . . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellydawne View Post

MK, I saw your pic on FB, congrats on the close parking spot at the gym.

I know, right! Isn't that great!! As soon as the t-shirts come in I get my picture on the bulletin board too! And since I don't like any picture of me, I'm hoping it's later rather than sooner!

Jenn - Donuts!!! We have cookie and cupcake places, but no gelato or donut spots that are special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radmom413 View Post
I think the steroids are affecting me on the opposite end!
I was wide awake at three and finally got up a half hour ago!

MK - How did DD's move go??

We are trying to figure out what to do for DD's "bachelorette" party. She doesn't want a traditional party - she only wants to do something with DD25 and I. I need to keep it cost effective - she wanted to go to Chicago overnight - I just don't see that happening - for us to get to Milwaukee, go to Chicago overnight, then back to Milwaukee and back to Green Bay, in a weekend. DD25 suggested Door County - but that didn't go over - she wants to go somewhere to shop, have a great dinner and stay overnight. Any suggestions? MK - you are good about that stuff.......any thoughts???
Cindy - can you take the steroids at a different time? it sounds like you're getting energy, but not when it would be useful!!

I would go crazy with all my weekends booked! pace yourself!!!

DD29's move went really well ~ they have a lot of friends that helped them and her BF fed them. he sent over some of the pulled pork to our house on Monday - and WOW! yummy!!

Can you do a spa weekend in Milwaukee? Stay at a fun/expensive/spa-type hotel and get massages, manis, pedis, etc. Go shopping at some downtown boutiques that you never go to - pretend like it's a new town you've never been to . . . . Chicago would be awesome too, though the trip would be longer. You could stay out in Schaumburg and go to the amazing mall there instead of going downtown . . . .

Skokie is also north of Chicago and they have a great mall AND an amazing designer outlet mall . . . .

Gurnee Mills is equidistant between Chicago and Milwaukee, about a 40-minute drive to either city. and has great outlet malls . . . even Nieman Marcus!

Wait - now I want to go too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca130 View Post

The girls are here cuz Kim is going to brio with a new guy, this is date #7 and so far he still seems normal. Waiting for the weirdness to come out! Someday she's bound to meet a normal person!

Yay Kim!

Going out to lunch with a friend today and he's house shopping so I'm going along to check it out. Then to a jeweler to return DS20's Christmas bracelet and find something for me!

Then . . . . not sure.
My BIL might be in town, so out to dinner?

DH bought me a SB from the hidden menu last night and he bought the biggest size! So I'm having the rest of it for breakfast!

It's called the Three C's - Cinnamon Dolce latte with a a pump of chocolate mocha syrup and a pump of caramel syrup added.

Did you know you can also get a Trente size . . . I think it's their largest!

Circles of fashion are more like spirals, covering the same area but never arriving in the same place twice!

°°◊°°
Old 04-04-2013, 08:21 AM   #37
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: handbells
Stats: too much/not enough/just right
Start Date: today!
Morning!

Just a quick pop in...my head is killing me this morning.

Late night...Season 5 of Eureka finally came out on Netflix and I've been watching. lol. Only a few more episodes to go.

Next time we go for donuts, I'll take a picture for you all! I'll just be sure to email it and not post!
Old 04-04-2013, 08:31 AM   #38
Big Yapper!!!!

Old 04-04-2013, 08:40 AM   #39
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debbiedo
Stats: pretty close to perfect!
WOE: mindful eating/running off the pounds
Start Date: over and over again
I have goals for the day and due to laziness nothing accomplished.

I haven't even eaten yet.

I need to find some dresses. I have two weddings coming up. One May 5 and one mid June. I have a dress or two but not summer wedding worthy. I was going out today but procrastinating till next week.

We are getting a stamped concrete walk to replace cracked slate one. They will also cover front step and deal with the fact the ground has sunk around it. I am also getting patio done. I will then buy table,umbrella,chairs and a new grill. Will also have landscaper come. Will need grass seeding and landscaping. This is turning out to be expensive!!!

A neighbor had a new walkway and step done. We have needed this for years.

I love steroids when they help.
The side effects for me are usually decreased sleep( can't get much worse then it has been) and hunger.

I could use a course now. My back and shoulders obviously are filled with inflammation. I see my regular doctor next week. I have a list of issues to discuss. I am afraid to take sleeping pills but my sleep has been horrible. Menopause if I am truly there is killing me. Hot flashes,itchy skin,no sleep,dry skin that no moisturizer seems to help. Besides that my hemoglobin A1C was high normal last year and I worry about diabetes.

Becky, great weight loss. Go slow with the running or you will get knee pain or shin pain or both.

Kelly, Enjoy the Bible Study group. You will be even more busy.

Jenn, I didn't know your husband works from home.

MK, love pulled pork. We had barbecue beef ribs in the crockpot a few times which I love but I gained weight eating that. Lots of sugar and salt.

Cindy, sounds like they are treating allergic reaction with steroids and antibiotics for infection. Topical antibiotics only??

Better get something done here. I need to eat,iron and pay some bills.

Running tonight. Last nights run felt extra hard. I hope we can go lower tonight. My friend will slow down for me I hope.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:09 AM   #40
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning-

Jenn, I seem to end up with marathon tv watching with netflix/hulu too. I'll start season 4 of 24 next week when DS15 is back in school.

MK, it does make sense that Easter was hectic even with all the kids at home. We feel that way with every visit home (to my parents/DH's family) There are too many people to go see and too many things that have to be squeezed in.
The bible study I'm doing is based on a lecture series by a UCLA professor, Bill Creasy, most of his lectures are online. I'm listening to his lecture as well as going to the class. (if you google him, you'll find them if you interested)
I'm the only person in the class under about 70 y/o and its interesting to hear the perspectives of people that have travelled and raised kids and are at a very different place in life.

Cindy, I hate nights like that! Can you change the time you are taking the steroids like MK suggested? DD's bachelorette weekend sounds like a blast! (can we all tag along?) I love to pretend to be a tourist even in my own little town. Sometimes we will have drinks at the local (expensive) hotel bar just for fun. The people watching is great!

to everyone else! (you may have posted while I was chatting on the phone and this was sitting here)
Old 04-04-2013, 09:12 AM   #41
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Debbie, I knew someone would come in while I was on the phone.
I love BBQ, but you're right the sauce can be sweet. I found a recipe that used pureed dates instead of sugar and it was really good, but now I can't seem to find it again. (I hate it when I do that!)
Old 04-04-2013, 09:41 AM   #42

I don't think DH would accept a substitute for bbq sauce.

If you do find the recipe maybe I will try it and see if he can tell but he likes his Sweet Baby Rays sauce.

I am supposed to be paying bills. Then fold laundry and the dreaded Thursday ironing. I have a dress for the first wedding might just have to wear it to the second wedding too as I am spending too much money on the yard this year.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:01 AM   #43

Kelly, I missed your post too. Off to bank and PO.
Old 04-04-2013, 01:42 PM   #44
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

DS15 had a beach workout after the normal pool workout today. They had the head swim coach (not the water polo coach) run the workout and he was back in a flash. He was only there long enough to get sandy and barely cold. His big brother said they got off way easy today.
He has friends here playing nintendo in the garage. I just love hearing the big kid voices having fun.

Debbie, if I ever find the BBQ sauce recipe again I'll share. It was really good, I wish I could remember where I found it. It even left the meat with a nice crispy glaze like less healthy sweet stuff does.
I'm still doing couch to 5k with my friend, but she doesn't want to bump up our run times, so we've done the same workout 4 days in a row. Our pace has gotten faster though. Today, I wimped out toward the end of the last run (we didn't take days off like we should have between this week and I still did the body weight workouts I've been doing) but my fast walk was the same speed as her jogging and our pace still ended up the same as yesterday when we finished. I think I probably push a little too hard when we start and need to pace myself better.
Old 04-04-2013, 01:56 PM   #45

Pricing patio sets. Wow it is expensive. We need an umbrella too because we get afternoon sun. Grills are expensive too. I could buy a cheap one but they tend to break. I am dying for outdoor space and grilling again. We have a large charcoal grill and we never use it for two of us.

DH says he is working home tomorrow. I will be at work. It is supposed to rain so they may not start the concrete work.
Old 04-04-2013, 03:26 PM   #46
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Debbie, you are so right, outdoor stuff is pricey!
We had to replace a few things last summer including both umbrellas. We have a medium sized gas grill that we love. We use it all the time (and yes, the weather helps, but we did the same thing before we lived here, poor DH would run out the back door in the cold to grill in the cold and snow) I like the flavor from charcoal better, but the propane is so much easier and we actually use it which didn't happen with charcoal.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:33 PM   #47
Queen Bargain Shopper

They told me to take the meds in the morning so they wouldn't wind me up at night. So far I haven't been tired at all, all day. Just getting there now, so hoping to get a good night's sleep.

MK - copied and pasted your suggestions and sent to DD25. I think she would be game, but the question is, would DD23. The point was to get away from home, somewhere overnight and spend some time together.

We can't sit out on our deck - the sun is so intense that you would boil to death.

MK - of course I knew there was a Trente - I haven't gotten one yet, though!

TGIF tomorrow - it's been quite a week!
Old 04-04-2013, 06:37 PM   #48

I hope an umbrella helps the afternoon sun. Not all days are sunny days.

DH wants to get a kid sized picnic table for Isabella.

They went house hunting again today. There isn't a lot in their price range and they sell pretty quick. They saw all town houses today. There is one possibility but it is a good 10,000 more then their high. I think it is over priced based on another house sold on the same street. The other was one bedroom less but an end unit. The one they saw today was not an end unit.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:11 PM   #49
Big Yapper!!!!

Debbie, no worries about me not going slow. I can't get order 1 minute at a time!

Mammaws tea party tomorrow!!! Been preparing off and on this morning
Old 04-05-2013, 07:35 AM   #50
Big Yapper!!!!

I have most of the stuff ready for the tea party. We need to pick Kim's car up at the shop, John got her brakes done. I need to go to the credit union before I get them and before that take a shower and do my hair. Mandy has been an absolute pain with the flowers on the table! I got each girl matching tank tops, I think there's about 6 of them for summer, none of their summer stuff fits. Grace can wear Alyssa's and she's excited for the hand-me-downs but its still nice to have new things of your very own! I have them in a pretty bag that matches the decorations,

I still have to clean the mess up in the kitchen and more the old vacuum cuz I got a new one yesterday. This is the first Bissell I've ever had, I can't find any with bags, John likes bags, I like the bagless, Walmart didn't have one vacuum with bags so I don't know if they're phasing those kind out or is they just aren't carrying them anymore.

Be back later... Come out and play!!!
Old 04-05-2013, 08:11 AM   #51
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Everyone,

I have an extra kid asleep in the garage (imagine that) but I have to send him home fairly early (for a sleep over anyway) because his parents have stuff that they need him to take care of.

I woke up with a sore throat this morning, hope I'm not getting sick, so I started my day with fresh squeezed OJ. (well, after my coffee of course) DH bought a juicer a while ago and I think its the first time I've ever used it for me. I'll make some home made soup for lunch and that should help too. I cleaned up stuff in the backyard yesterday and I have sinus drainage so I'm hoping its allergies and that my throat is just sore from the overnight gunk.

Becky, your tea party sounds like so much fun! The girls will love their presents.
I have a bagless vacuum which I hate, but I only have the rugs to vacuum since I have all hardwood so I shouldn't complain.

Debbie, we have two umbrellas in the back yard both for shade and a little extra privacy. Everyone's house here is pretty much right on top of each other and the house behind us has a window that looks into our living room. The umbrellas (and the awining with wisteria on it) block their view. That house is normally empty and we have never even noticed a light on in the room that looks into our house, but still...

Good luck to your house hunters. Its tough to find just the right place that is also affordable.

Cindy, I'm sure something will jump out at your girls as a fun way to celebrate your DD's upcoming marriage.
Do you go from cold weather to hot weather (and back in the fall) so fast that you can't ever enjoy your deck?

Big to everyone else. I should get a few things done, although I'll wait on laundry since my washer/dryer are in the garage where the boys are sleeping.
Old 04-05-2013, 01:20 PM   #52
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Just had to share my proud mama moment...

I peeked out the front door at the boys playing across the street. I didn't see DS15 at first and wondered where he had wandered off to (without asking) anyway, I looked a little further and he was helping our elderly neighbor pull her trash cans back from the street while his friends continued to play. So happy to catch him being good and see that he really does have respect for others without being asked or expecting to be noticed. He just helped her out and then went back to basketball, no big deal.
Old 04-05-2013, 02:11 PM   #53
Princess Proofreader

Sorry I've been MIA, it's starting to get pretty outside and after I get home from the gym, I take a walk . . . . and I forget all about the computer!

Kelly - You've done a good job mama!!!

Cindy - I hope you find something she likes to do . . . . Chicago is so much closer to her than to you and DD25 . . . .

Becky - pics from the tea party?

Debbie - it's so hard to find something for a starter house!
Good luck to them!!

Kaye - any news?
Old 04-05-2013, 02:13 PM   #54

Kelly, obviously you have taught him well.

I am at work. Normal busy not crazy like Monday. Everyone who was here says it was their worst day ever.

My husband sent me videos of the work done so far on our step, walkway and patio. I can't wait till it is all done. He ordered a grill and cover today.

Tomorrow is final 4 games. The kids and Isabella will all come over plus one of our single male friends. I told DH we will do pizza.

DS30 asked me to baby sit in the afternoon for a while. Yea!!!
Old 04-05-2013, 05:23 PM   #55
Queen Bargain Shopper

You have a right to be proud Kelly!

DH and I are having a Walking Dead marathon and ordered Chinese....I got steamed veggies and chicken.
Old 04-05-2013, 05:40 PM   #56
Princess Proofreader

Chicken wings for me and watching Revolution!
Old 04-05-2013, 06:18 PM   #57
Queen Bargain Shopper

MK - I haven't started watching since they resumed. I kind of lost interest.
Old 04-05-2013, 07:21 PM   #58
Big Yapper!!!!

That's so awesome Kelly!!! I'm sure the neighbor took notice that he was the only one that helped! I love seeing those things!

I'll post pics of the tea party on fb, I can never figure it out how to do it on here.
Old 04-06-2013, 03:54 AM   #59

Great tea party photos on FB Becky. Looks like fun. I am sure the girls will remember it!

Going to run soon.

Tonight is the big night. Final Four with older two sons and families and one of our friends. My family room is small for 5 extra people and one toddler and all her toys. We have a lot of toys but she will be all over the place. She likes to explore and now goes to the cabinets. I need to buy safety locks.
Old 04-06-2013, 06:38 PM   #60
Princess Proofreader

Hi!

Great pics Becky!

Debbie - Go Orange!!

Cindy - I'm trying to watch a couple of older ones and see if I can get back into it!
Closed Thread