Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2013, 04:22 AM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: janj
Stats: 150/139/133 (5' 6.5")52 years old
WOE: LC
Start Date: May 2003
P.S. I have been giving serious thought to the question of which is harder to give up : coffee or wine. Since I am so fond of both, I shall compromise and give up coffee in the evenings and wine in the mornings . There, dilemma solved.
janj is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2013, 05:19 AM   #62
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Mimosa23
Stats: 227.2/185.5/160
WOE: Keto
Quote:
Originally Posted by janj View Post
P.S. I have been giving serious thought to the question of which is harder to give up : coffee or wine. Since I am so fond of both, I shall compromise and give up coffee in the evenings and wine in the mornings . There, dilemma solved.
LOL!!!! LOL! Brilliant solution!
Mimosa23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:12 AM   #63
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
I love Fleetwood Mac. Have you considered 5:2 Jan. I know you find the DDs tough and just 2 per week is so much easier. And they can be 500 cals. Somehow I don't tend to overeat on my UD as much either. While you are over here the last thing you need is to try and go LC, so difficult when staying with other people.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:26 PM   #64
Senior LCF Member

Kissa, I am going to give the 5:2 another try at your suggestion! I think my downfall has been that I'd stopped counting calories entirely So here we go - day one. I can hear my tummy rumbling but don't feel too hungry yet (its 2:30pm here). Since my DH already does DDs on Mondays and Thursdays, I will try it again. Stating it here will hopefully keep me accountable! Thanks for the nudge
Old 04-11-2013, 01:05 PM   #65

Great plan. And, remember, hunger is not an emergency.
Old 04-12-2013, 02:27 AM   #66
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 267.6/257/140
WOE: JUDDD/Paul McKenna
Start Date: 9 Nov 2014
Great plan Jan!

I started yesterday very well, by 4pm I had only had 160 cals, then a neighbour came over with flowers, wine and chocolate - oh well

Today was an up day, as I had a business lunch - tomorrow will be an IF day, as we have a BBQ in the evening

Thank you all for your kind thoughts. I know Mum is also very upset by what's happened.
MintQ8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:00 AM   #67
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Mimosa23
Stats: 227.2/185.5/160
WOE: Keto
Vicky and Cindy: sending you both hugs!!!!!

All is well here, nothing much to report.
Weekend is around the corner...

Tomorrow I'm driving to and from Holland for the day, visiting my nan who's not doing too great. She has Alzheimer's disease and is getting on a bit in age and not so fit anymore. She hardly eats and is wasting away. So sad. Spending the day with her and meeting up with my brothers for lunch. Should be a good day. In the evening, weather permitting, we'll be firing up the BBQ.... Good weather has been predicted, and I'm taking it as a given! Sunday is supposed to be even nicer and so another evening of BBQ and wine spritzers, LOL!

My menu today: fasting. I wanted to fast on Sunday, but then today seemed like the day to do it. I started last night after dinner at 7.30pm, so will end my fast with a small, 500 calorie dinner (salad with salmon) at 7.30pm tonight.
B: black coffee, green tea, water
L: same as B
D: a cup of bone broth, mixed leaf salad with steamed wild salmon, a hardboiled egg, some parmesan shavings, a side of saurkraut with an olive oil dressing. A bowl of homemade raw milk yogurt for dessert.

female, 38y/o, 5'10"

my blog:
http://crazybeautyhealth.blogspot.de/

Last edited by Mimosa23; 04-12-2013 at 03:02 AM..
Mimosa23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 05:34 AM   #68

Sounds like a great plan Mimosa, I can't imagine life now without the occasional fasting day (or very low calorie day). I feel so good afterwards.

Enjoy you trip to see you grandmother, I am sure she will appreciate it. And have fun BBQing with your brothers.

We are going to a 'Murder Dinner' tonight, 1030's Hollywood style. Haven't been to one of these since some time in the 90s. I used to love them. So I've bought some false eyelashes to wear, wonder if I'll get the on, lol?
Old 04-12-2013, 07:01 AM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Looks like a few of us are trying to get back on the fasting track! Yesterday was okay - managed about 550 calories and felt fine. It's such a mental thing for me, I'm fine when I get started on a diet, but I have to be ready in my head!! Hope I can have a 'sensible' weekend and repeat the process on Monday.

The Hollywood style evening sounds such fun, Kissa - maybe post a pic to show us?

Mint - lovely neighbor to turn up with those goodies. Hope you're doing okay.

Mimosa - hope you find your grandmother in good shape, and have fun with your brothers (how many do you have?).

J x
Old 04-13-2013, 09:19 AM   #70
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lola5k
WOE: Low Carb/Atkins/JUDD
Start Date: Atkins 2004/JUDDD Feb 2012
I was so busy whizzing by last time I forgot to say to Tristar.

Mimosa hope that you enjoy your holiday and that you don't find your Nan situation too distressing. Getting old is such a roulette wheel of what you get dished out isn't it. Hopefully, BBQ will be a nice end to the day.

I am still doing alternate JUDDD but am finding I go up 2lbs and back down 2lbs...just cannot seem to get out of the rut. However, I like this way of eating and will continue. I find Sunday a good day to do DD especially if Friday and Saturday have been UD's. I am sure with 5:2 you will see losses albeit slower but you will lose and if you find the DD's hard...then 2 is manageable.

Jan good to see you back again and maybe Kissa is right 5:2 will work for you. Worth a try.

Kissa how did the false eyelashes work out...OK I hope and that one didn't fall into your drink later on lol.

Juno: Good on the cycling...I love my bike and was out on it earlier..but its raining now boo hoo and not nice weather at all for cycling. Loved the 40km that you did...that's my kind of ride.

Blotto: Hope the sunbathing coming along nicely for your trip to the UK..hopefully by the time you arrive we might have some sun to shout about!! Not seen much yet lol.

Shy: Hope all your doctors appointments etc aren't too draining and that low carb is going well?

Ailuros, I hope you have a lovely time en France! YES all that lovely french cheese and wine...yum yum

Vicky: Shame your DD was sabotaged by the neighbour. Still another day and now you have the motivation of doing it for you and your friend hopefully that will help you stay focussed.

Hi to anyone else that I have forgotten....have a good one
x

Last edited by lola5k; 04-13-2013 at 09:33 AM..
lola5k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 03:10 AM   #71
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: blotto76
Stats: 175.25/163/140
WOE: Atkins first time round, Dukan now
Start Date: 5 May 2008/restart 17 June 2013 (Dukan)
Mim, I'm going back to the UK for my hols, so I don't think I'll find much sunshine there, hehe! Congrats on the pay rise btw Hope seeing your nan isn't too hard.

Jan, I'm just like you, i know what works for me, I just need to get in the right headset to get on with it. And I love your wine/coffee rule, hehe

Mint, hope you're doing okay, Kissa too.

Lola, is that sunshine still on it's way for me? I hope so!

Hi everyone else!
blotto76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 04:08 AM   #72
Senior LCF Member

errr Blotto...we are expecting you to bring 3 suitcases worth of sunshine with you!!!
Old 04-14-2013, 12:06 PM   #73
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: shykins
Stats: 262/147 goal
WOE: atkins
Start Date: 19th April 2004
had to report cos i made THE best pudding today

1cup jen eloffs splendid bake mix 10g carbs
1cup blackberries 6gcarbs
half stick rhubarb 2g carbs
2.5oz butter (roughly) .5g carbs total 18.5g

would have been all rhubarb but it hadnt grown enough lol. put that in bottom of pan with the blackberrys. rubbed the mix with butter and topped the fruit - like a crumble. cooked approx 25mins and served with cream

this has to be just about the only lowcarb pud that i can honestly say i enjoyed like it was a high carb one. if i do again will do all rhubarb hopefully it will be grown by then

hello to everybody sorry no personals but hope u all enjoying the sun
Old 04-14-2013, 01:18 PM   #74

Sounds lovely shy x
Old 04-17-2013, 01:22 AM   #75
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Blondie Baby
Stats: 213/126/130
WOE: JUDDD with LC
I'm still here. Still busy at work. Took last week off to spend with the kids while they were on school holidays. Girls and I shopped and had a salon day. Boys and I went to movies and played video games. Spent most mornings laying in the sun while the kids slept in. I now have a wonderful tan. It was really nice and relaxing.

Yesterday we felt the earthquake in Iran. We all had to leave the hangar and they ended up sending us all home.

Blotto - Breakfast was nice. We did miss you!

Shy - I miss rhubarb! We used to grow in our backyard when I was a girl! My mom made rhubard jam - yummy!!!!

Lola - Wish I could send you some sunshine. Its starting to get very warm here. High today is 40C. Humidity os only 25% though, so thats good!

Janj - Still working out. I just got some new Bob Harper DVD's and I swear muscles I didn't even know I had hurt today!!!!! In a good way!

Kissa - I LOVE Fleetwood Mac! And DD2 is currently interested in Stevie Nicks! I still have my old Rumours album (record)!!!!!

Mimosa - YAY on the pay raise!!!!

Mint - So sorry for your loss.

Juno - Sorry your weather is so yucky!!!!

<<<<<Me
Blondie Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 01:31 AM   #76
Senior LCF Member

Hey great to see you back Blondie. Sounds like you had a great break with the kids etc...and now lovely tan to show for it.

Blotto expect you are getting really excited about your trip home and furiously packing.

Kissa, Mint, Shy, Juno, Jan, Mimosa, Ailuros.... hello. and to everyone else reading

Down 2lbs after successful DD yesterday but need to keep today more protein than carbs I think so that the 2lbs doesn't go straight back on !!!

whizzing by and off to work. Have a good day.
Old 04-17-2013, 01:35 AM   #77
Senior LCF Member

Lola, I'm allowed 40kg of luggage, so I'll see what I can do!

Shy, that sounds yum. I do something similar with frozen rhubarb (Blondie, I buy it from Lulus), except my topping is just a mixture of ground and flaked almonds, with a little sweetener. Yummy.

Blondie, the earthquake was bad wasn't it? I was home sick and my apartment is on the 23rd floor so I felt it badly. The office was evacuated apparently.

I'm back after two days off with a horrible sickness bug. Not nice, but hopefully it has kicked my eating back into shape. I'm off for my hols on Fri so I won't be around much, but be good everyone and I'll see you all in May!

x
Old 04-17-2013, 01:36 AM   #78
Senior LCF Member

Lola, I must have posted at the same time as you - yay to the 2lbs!

x
Old 04-17-2013, 03:34 PM   #79

Blotto I am so sorry you have had a horrid bug. Be well soon.

That earthquake in Iran was very nasty, fortunately there weren't many cities around to be affected.

Maryam I love the sound of your week off with your young.. I really hope to get the beginnings of a suntan in Turkey later this month.

How are you getting on Jan?

I had a bit too much to drink today, but I did get to Zumba and tomorrow is another DD.
Old 04-18-2013, 01:03 AM   #80
Senior LCF Member

Kissa, hope Zumba was before the drink and not after, haha!

Have a good couple of weeks all!

x
Old 04-18-2013, 01:08 AM   #81
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

have a great holiday blotto.

we do have sun but lots of wind and u are going to notice it so wrap up warm

we should have ailuros back soon
x
shykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:51 AM   #82
Senior LCF Member

Blotto: Safe journey and the sun is shining today...so YAY maybe it will be lovely for you.

Kissa: Not long to Turkey YAY.l...more sunshine.

Shy: Hope that you are doing all OK.

Blondie: I am sure if I dug deep somewhere I could find some classic LP's as well lol

Went to a Pilates class last night to de stress after a big day at work. Hmmmm it was OK...but I do find it so slow and boring to be honest.

Just finished Pump and off to work till 6.30. DD for me and so far black coffee so will last out till home at 7pm. UD...stayed low carb yesterday so fingers xxx.d...more losses soon.

Have a good one everyone
Old 04-18-2013, 04:13 AM   #83
Senior LCF Member

Hello,

Just a quick peek in. Hope everyone's okay and the wind in the UK isn't causing to much havoc.....

Came home with rhubarb from the grocery store yesterday (something I don't recall ever buying before, though I used to love it fresh from my Nana's garden). I must have been subconsciously craving the desserts Shy and Blotto mentioned!

Lola, glad you assigned the bringing sunshine to the UK in her suitcases to Blotto - should be nicely warmed up by the time I get there on Friday! :jump joy: We leave here on Tuesday but are going to Venice first. Very excited.

Enjoy your trip to Turkey, Kissa. I'm sure you'll have fun.

Well done on maintaining the exercise regime, Blondie - I must get back to more serious work outs when I return. I think I can finally go back to my all round class - cardio, pilates and weights as it'll have been 6 months since the last op.

Still doing the 5:2! I should have my 3rd fasting day today, but am eating out tonight before the Fleetwood Mac concert, so will postpone to tomorrow. I see good losses after the DDs, but freak out when I bounce up (1.6lbs this morning) after a 'regular' day. I know it is to be expected, but it messes with my head when I'd been doing so well......I will stick at it.

Boston is getting back to normal after the horrors of the marathon blasts on Monday. I hope they catch the perpetrators soon :annoyed

Take care everyone.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:16 AM   #84

Jan, I had quite forgotten that you are in Boston. Such a dreadful crime.

Have a wonderful time in Venice, time I went back there... Glad 5:2 is going okay, the bounce is just a part of life.

Woke up to sunshine but it has clouded over now and there is a wicked wind blowing and spots of rain gggrrr. I didn't sleep well last night, we thought we had lost one of our cats, but this morning there she was curled up asleep on the stairs! She is normally so noisy at night too, but last night made not a sound.

So I went back to bed and got a couple of hours good sleep. Forgot to weigh, probably a good thing!

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ack-juddd.html
Old 04-18-2013, 06:32 AM   #85
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

jan i forgot u were in boston too sorry. hope they catch them too. lucky u with fleetwood concert AND venice

kissa enjoy turkey, we loved it whenwe went

so much wind here!!!!
shykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:57 AM   #86
Senior LCF Member

Thanks, Kissa and Shy. My daughter and boyfriend were walking towards the finishing line when the blasts happened (as spectators). Fortunately they decided to stop for a beer en route, otherwise I dread to think what could have happened. Sick people all over the world it seems
Old 04-18-2013, 07:25 AM   #87

It doesn't bare thinking about Jan.
Old 04-18-2013, 12:30 PM   #88
Senior LCF Member

Another guilty party...so sorry Jan just wasn't thinking... Its really terrible...
Old 04-22-2013, 01:34 AM   #89
Senior LCF Member

Happy Monday,

I know lots are missing this week with holidays...but wherever you are whatever you doing...have a good week.

I.ve had 3 UDD's over the weekend so seriously need to knuckled down to first DD of the week this week.

sending love
Old 04-22-2013, 03:57 AM   #90
Senior LCF Member

Good morning.

I need to knuckle down with you for a good DD today, Lola! Hopefully being busy with packing and getting organized for hols tomorrow will help with that.

All the craziness in Boston is now over - don't worry about not realizing I live here - I would really struggle to name the cities where you all live

Spring is coming. My magnolia tree looks like it is waiting to bloom until I leave for the airport, and I'll return just in time to see the petals on the ground....Oh well....

Love to all. Be good for the next fortnight. I'll check in if I get chance.

J x