Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2013, 10:08 AM   #91
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/bouncing again/127 5'2"
WOE: moderation
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011~ Moderation 3/15/14
Cheryl WTG on the loss !! I can't seem to keep my losses..... my own fault ;/

Have a great weekend at the Lake House and don't work too hard !
shelby'snana is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2013, 11:03 AM   #92
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rbenz
WOE: Trying to resist anything white.
Laura is Really ON TOP this time! Yummy...Luv Tacos! Tacos with real tortillas?! Whatcha going to bake up w/the Coconut oil/Almond flour? That flour makes great cheese cake crust!

CJ~Congrats on the wt loss! Yes, keeping track of the North Korea stuff! My Dad was in the war in the 50's! He was really proud of his metals from that war. I was born in Okinawa. I remember you saying that you lived there for a while.

Jo~Weigh in today? That River/Ice Taxi is a Hoot! Yup...it needs windows! Peeps don't realize that Yoga is Tough! Some think it's just sitting around & OMM-ing. Going to make Cocoa/coconut Bark?

Luv asparagus...but, I don't enjoy the smell of my urine after eating them. Bought a huge bunch @ Costco Thurs. Whew! I stink! Oh, I think we paid 5.00 for 2 lbs!!
Off to Yoga!

Last edited by Rbenz; 04-06-2013 at 11:10 AM..
Rbenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 11:11 AM   #93
Blabbermouth!!!

my asparagus !

my CO !!

Happy Saturday everyone !
Old 04-06-2013, 11:42 AM   #94
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CJMO
WOE: My way mixing it low carb
I really need to get some CO and make some bark. Is the kind at Wally World ok? I tried reading up on it one time it seemed like there were several different kinds and some were good and some not. I got confused and gave up

Laura I think Burger Patties are my favorite thing on induction and I haven't had one. I need to fix that.

Pat I remember you were born on Okinawa! I hope that guy is all talk. Stinky girl huh

Jo how did your weigh in go? Yeah I understand about leaving the ticker weight. Only my food diary shows the ups and downs.

It's windy at the lake but sunny. We may have storms tomorrow. We're working on the 1/2 bath this week.
Old 04-06-2013, 11:54 AM   #95
Blabbermouth!!!

Pat I have made pumpkin bread ( from this site ) and I want to make The Chicken Lady's Carrot Cake !

I usually make a crustless cheesecake and freeze it in individual slices so I can pull them out for work and the pumpkin bread too.

Love coconut bark ! I ordered the 32oz container of CO from Amazon -but in a pinch I buy the CO at Walmart $10 for a small container though.
Old 04-06-2013, 01:14 PM   #96
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Grandma Jo
Stats: 258.5/199.6/150
WOE: low carb , pole walking and show shoeing
Start Date: 29 Aug 2011, restart 12 Jan 2014
Yes it was weigh in day and I was down 3.4 lbs and a half inch on the waist. It was a beautiful day out and the river was good for walking so did over an hour of pole walking for the first time this year. I am feeling it for sure. Cheryl I can't remember the name of the coconut oil I use something like it starts with a N and tastes like Coconut and I like that taste in my bark with crushed SALTED almonds , love the sweet and salty taste. I order two large jars and it will get used. Coconut bark is my go to food when I get a craving. Love it! Laura and Pat! Hiiiiiiiiiii. I had a emotional day and spent a good part of the day pissed off. I am calmed down a bit now but why do people we care about have to be stupid?? Ok going to end it there and get supper on the table but sometimes I just get tired of being a adult all the time.
Grandma Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 02:23 PM   #97
Blabbermouth!!!

GrJo ! Sorry you had upsets today ! I know how it feels, it stinks to have to suck it up cause we are the 'grownups' right ??

WTG on the weight and inches lost !! WooHoo for you !!

I keep bouncing around the same couple of lbs .....never gonna get to goal doing that, right ? Gotta get it in gear. Glad you got to start walking again, I know you love it
Old 04-06-2013, 07:15 PM   #98
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ah Jo hope it's better now. I agree. We all need an in grown up day now and then! Think we could get it made an official holiday?

on the weight loss. We are on a roll!

Laura I know that same up down weight loss. I've done it since Oct I think. I'm finally starting to get it moving down.
CJMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 01:50 PM   #99
Big Yapper!!!!

Luv that coconut bark. Just had some last night!

CJ-What RU doing 2 the 1/2 bath? DH just repaired our toilet in our guest bath the other day. Good thing the valve was turned off when we were away!

Jo-feeling Better?

Laura-I luv my pumpkin bake 2! I've been making crustless cheese cake muffins. Easy 2 bag them up & freeze.

Day off from yoga today...doing some Hazels & such. What's 4 dinner? I'm going 2 grill up fajitas & make a taco salad 2 go with. Slapping my hand...I'm thinking a Beer or 2 sure would taste yummy w/my Fajitas!
Old 04-07-2013, 03:54 PM   #100
Blabbermouth!!!

Pat that sounds yummy

We are having jalapeno popper chicken ( with shredded chicken breast ) so easy peasy
and cabbage with butter and zucc/yellow squash with butter too
Old 04-07-2013, 04:42 PM   #101
Big Yapper!!!!

Yummo!
Old 04-07-2013, 06:26 PM   #102
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbenz View Post
Luv that coconut bark. Just had some last night!

CJ-What RU doing 2 the 1/2 bath? DH just repaired our toilet in our guest bath the other day. Good thing the valve was turned off when we were away!
!
The 1/2 bath was part of the frozen pipe disaster. We didnt realize the toilet had a small crack so after we fixed all the pipes we turned the water on. No leaks we could see anywhere. When we came back the next weekend the bathroom and 2 bedroom floors were warped and soaked. It was a jack and Jill bath between the bedrooms. So complete redo. He is doing the dry wall finish and plumbing now.

It's a beautiful day and it looks like a beautiful week ahead. I'm going to try and get some outdoor work done this week. It's just too pretty to be cooped up.

Still on plan
CJMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:04 AM   #103
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: misty1028
Stats: high 189 to 115 restart 169/139/120
WOE: low carb-Atkins/South Beach
Start Date: 1st-9-13-04 restart 1-1-11
Had a great weekend and it was so nice and warm and sunny, think spring has finally arrived. DH BD is today so going to take him out to dinner tonight. The kids had a nice party for him this weekend.

Jo wow love the pic of the ice taxi. Now when that all thaws do you have to take a boat when you go shopping? Wtg on 3.4 plus inches off, that's great.

Pat I'm sure your enjoying the nice weather in Maui. The nice sunshine. I sat out in the sun this weekend and it felt so good, but had my coat on

Cheryl wtg go on the weight loss. It's working Bet your hair looks amazing. Can't wait to get mine cut. A few of us have been letting ours grow to donate to locks of love but mine is starting to look crappy and can't do much with it. It looks like a nice warm week for us too. The snow is finally starting to melt. There saying it may be in the 60's a few days.

Laura I love asparagus too. I love to wrap little bundles with bacon and bake or grill it. Going to look and see if our wal-mart carries coconut oil. I get Nutriva brand from our vitamin store and it's not cheap.
misty1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:28 AM   #104
Blabbermouth!!!

morning Misty !! Glad you had such a good weekend ! I know you are loving that sunshine !!
Old 04-08-2013, 10:28 AM   #105
Blabbermouth!!!

Laura right now it's 59 and so sunny, went for a nice hike. See alot of neighbors already doing a little yard work. Alot of branches all over. I know we'll be stacking for a nice big bon fire.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:03 AM   #106
Big Yapper!!!!

CJ~I bet that was a Mess! We had a toilet leak here once & it leaked from our place to our rental place! What a Mess!

Misty~HBD to your DH! Where RU taking him? My DH's BD is Thurs. He says he really doesn't want to go anywhere for dinner? I think he just wants to get our usual takeout Fish Burgers. He loves those.
Yeah, Coconut oil isn't cheap. I usually try to buy the least expensive one they have....which is around $10. Gonna roast weenies in that Bon Fire?

Laura~How were the Chic/Jalapeno poppers? I ate too much last night.

Jo~I sure would like to be -3.4". My weight keeps creeping up. I'm not liking my tummy/waist these days!

Scale is not my Friend today! Grrr! Well, off to Yoga in a bit. DH has a nephew visiting here for a seminar. He's staying @ a fancy Hotel. He wants us to meet him for lunch. I guess I'll hurry from Yoga and get going to the other side of the island.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:24 AM   #107
Senior LCF Member

Well its mild here today and things are melting for now and what a mess, the roads are ice and water! Still have 3 feet of snow in most places so its going to be awhile yet for break up. The river will be to wet to walk on today but I pole walked for 2 hours yesterday so that felt good. I have been sticking to plan and hopefully I can have another good week. Looks like a yoga day for me today. DH is gone up the coast till Friday so its just me and the boys and thats ok! Laura when you ready to lose again you will, I know what its like to go up and down the same pounds but at long as its not to up we can always get back at it. Cheryl glad your sticking to it , we can do this summer is coming and i would love to be down 20 lbs by the end of July. Going to NS on summer vacation on the 1st of Aug to the 26th!! Cant wait but its aways away. Pat tell that scale to behave and enjoy your yoga its sure is relaxing. Misty, Nutriva brand of coconut oil is the one I order and your right its not cheap but I sure like it!! I love bonfires can I come?? Boys wanted Spagetti and meatballs for supper so the meatballs are in the slow cooker and I made them so I can eat them for supper, just going to skip the spagetti of course. Hope your all having a good day.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:42 PM   #108
Blabbermouth!!!

Sorry Pat, just saw your question. The supper was good

GrJo - you are doing great ! Meatballs sound yummy ........
Old 04-08-2013, 01:06 PM   #109
Blabbermouth!!!

Pat taking DH to a steak and seafood place on another lake up our way. We love there food. Yummy fishburgers sound so good. I like any kind of fish which I'll probably get tonight. Have a great lunch sounds like fun. Is DH nephew from the states?

Jo yup my turn for the bon fire, probably this weekend. Sounds like your starting to have a melt down too. I here on the mess it makes. I'm dirt roads and it's all muddy. And the dog drags it all into the house. Our lake is still frozen though, but I can see lawn in places. I love meatballs, I always make tons and freeze them, DH also likes them with gravy and smashed cauliflower. Have you ever made spaghetti squash to you instead of pasta?
Old 04-08-2013, 02:21 PM   #110
Senior LCF Member

Misty we are all dirt roads too of course and they are getting muddy and icy , just a mess but lots of snow everywhere else. Buts the dogs love dragging the mud in here too. I think it was you that asked about groceries. We can buy them right on the Island at our Northern Store but once the boats go in we can got to the Northern on the other side, that will be awhile yet before breakup. The store it bigger there so more choices but still just as expensive. The only liqour store is on that side as well but that makes it easier to not drink wine since we cant get it anyway I'm thinking Deb wouldn't like this! There is other stuff in the house but I am being good. I did have a drink of rum on Saturday night rather then kill someone, namely my DH but thats been it in over a week now. I do have a bottle of Rye in the cold room but its better that I don't open it if I want to stay on plan and I do want to. I wish it would just warm up and melt all this white stuff but I guess if that did happen to fast we could very well flood and we dont want that either. Enjoy the bonfire , I love them and can't wait to see our firepit in the back yard when all this white stuff melts. The meatballs were yummy and I have done that with squash before but tonight I just had meatballs on and LC Fudge, remind me never ever to make that again. It taste to good and I hard to stay out of. I am beyond full right now but thats a good thing I guess. Enjoy your dinner!
Old 04-08-2013, 04:55 PM   #111
Deb
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb

so need to catch up

had a great time

Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 05:06 PM   #112
Blabbermouth!!!

Deb's back !!
Old 04-08-2013, 09:05 PM   #113
Big Yapper!!!!

Aloha...& Howdy!
Reading up on all our meal choices...wish (sorta that I wasn't here?!)! It's rough, trying 2 B Good Here?!
Old 04-09-2013, 06:46 AM   #114
Deb

12 hours sleep
Old 04-09-2013, 07:08 AM   #115
Deb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandma Jo View Post
. Now that the road it closed this is how people are getting across. They crawl into the trailer and back and pray they don't go through.

crazy Jo....thanks for sharing this
i have never seen anything like it

is it still snowing?
we had 4 days of rain on the coast...nice to be home and this morning the sun is shineing
Old 04-09-2013, 07:09 AM   #116
Deb

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby'snana View Post
Deb's back !!

and speaking of back......

and how is your back?
Old 04-09-2013, 07:12 AM   #117
Deb

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby'snana View Post
my asparagus !

my CO !!
me 2....
i have CO in my coffee every morning

Hi Misty
Hi Cheryl

I have flowers in the garden blooming
and speaking of flowers the L/B bought me pink roses last night
Old 04-09-2013, 07:44 AM   #118
Blabbermouth!!!

Glad you made it back ! How was the Hag ? Do any good shopping ?

My back is ok, it just gets sore ~~ too much scar tissue from old surgeries ;/

WooHoo on the flowers !
Old 04-09-2013, 07:54 AM   #119
Deb

Hey Laura..

The Hag was good so i am told

its hard not knowing any songs or anything about him BUT the L/B loved it and that is the main thing.

lots of shopping..BUT my fave thing is my new Nike running outfit

wish we had Nike stores here
Old 04-09-2013, 12:51 PM   #120
Deb

I am smelling up the house with turkey carcass in the crock-pot....

making stock for soup