Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2013, 07:12 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Slimmer by Summer

to the Slimmer by Summer challenge, ending June 21st.

A few of us are continuing our spring & prior challenges, but all are welcome.
misscobi is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2013, 07:54 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Ok, ladies, here goes! It looks like we have about 12 weeks in this challenge so I'm going to shoot for just over a pound a week and a total loss of 15 pounds. I know I'll have some time off plan while I'm out of state for the birth of my nephew, but let's see how it goes anyway. I'd LOVE to hit 180 by the end of this challenge. I'm also going to commit to walking 3 times a week and I'm really really working on getting in 100+ ounces of water a day.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:21 AM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Phew! Finally making it over here!!! It's been a busy few days I couldn't even remember what day of the week it was. LOL

Tami~ Thanks for starting our new challenge!!! Love the pic. Your goals are good ones and something I should follow you up with..the exercise thing needs to happen for me, I just hate sweating soooo much.

Lynne~ How's the kiddo doing? Anymore news on your copyright stuff?

Monica~ so glad you had safe and fun getaways!! Sounds like you have lots of fun friends to hang with!

I am plugging away..feeling a tiny bit better each day.. altho, last night I upped my dosage of oil of oregano and today I'm kinda feeling meh.. and I am itchy all over like no other... never thought I'd be happy to feel that, but I guess it means the OoO is doing it's thang! Busy weekend with eating out 3x... I survived but I'm sure I ingested starch/carbs somewhere.. the best part (well, not for me, but for my body )..I stayed away from the beer Saturday night.. can't say that I didn't eat a few tortilla chips tho..

Sitting at 230.8 today...hoping for a new decade in the morning.. going to try my best to keep it super clean and chug the water today.. I am SICK of seeing a number with a dang "3" in it!

Goal for this challenge will be: 215.. 15'ish pounds.. very lofty for me, but go big or go home, right? I'm ultra motivated,...headed on a small road trip in Oct. to see P!NK (yes, AGAIN! ) and I would like to be feeling my best when we go! 15 lbs is a big number for me, someone who has struggled with a 3lb loss per month..but I'm determined that I've found what's been holding me back and I'll figure out how to keep going.

Have a great day my lovlies!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:31 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/173/120
WOE: JUDDD
Good morning everyone!!

Gavin is fine this morning. He wisely slept most of the way home, and then when he got home, he ate everything that wasn't moving fast enough to get away I don't know when the results of the CT scan will be available, but I suppose within a week. I'll bet he'll need surgery.

I'm glad that he was able to get the CT scan without IV sedation. He took an oral dose of Versed, and was perfect. I'm going to insist on it for minor procedures like echocardiogram and dental work in the future. They don't like to use light oral sedatives on kids at that hospital for some reason I don't fully understand - but it worked great on Gavin.

I think we'll go to Depoe Bay and watch the spouting horns today; about 10 miles south of here on Hwy 101.

500/2000 until the end of the challenge with NO TWEAKS.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:11 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Danielle, so glad you're starting to feel better! OMG, that itching totally did me in! I still get hints of it a couple of days after I eat off plan. Ugh. 15 pounds... we can do this! (I think... no, I'm pretty sure it can be done... lol) As for the exercise, I hate it. It's so boring and annoying. I'm already wanting to push myself to do more, but I'm only committing to walking. Don't think I'm really ready for 'more' just bored with the walking. I could have sworn that the little coach on the app I use was WAY off w/ her gps the last time I walked... it just drug on and on and... sigh... hopefully today goes better so I don't have to call her names again. lol

Lynne, glad the sedation worked so well for Gavin & so very glad he was back to being a normal kiddo once you got home. The sprouting horns look pretty cool! How long of a drive is it for you? I'm always game for little road trips. Really, one of my absolute favorite things to do is just hop in the car & go. Hope you have a great time!
Old 03-26-2013, 10:15 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by misscobi View Post
The sprouting horns look pretty cool! How long of a drive is it for you? I'm always game for little road trips. Really, one of my absolute favorite things to do is just hop in the car & go. Hope you have a great time!
About 10 miles. I pass it all the time on the way to Newport. Sometimes the surf sprays over the road and sprinkles seawater all over my windshield.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:17 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
As for the exercise, I hate it. It's so boring and annoying. I'm already wanting to push myself to do more, but I'm only committing to walking. Don't think I'm really ready for 'more' just bored with the walking.
Would an iPod with books on tape help you walk happily? Well, not on tape, actually on iPod...
Old 03-26-2013, 11:15 AM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Lynne~ so glad that kiddo is feeling good. The field trip sounds fun!... all I can hear right now is a song by my fave punk rock band, .."..take a drive, baby, up the coast, highway 101.." ... I really need to go visit up there by you! I totally need sedation at the dentist...absolutely terrified of the place

Tami~ I totally get now why my stomach and upper arms would itch so badly allllll the time for no real apparent reason.. it's crazy making! Funnily enough, now I'm doing it to myself ATM by creating more symptoms.. at least it's only temporary and the end result will be to be rid of them once & for all..

Yikes, can I *really* do 15lbs? Sounds like so much to me. I laugh because I remember back in the day when I was setting goals of 10lbs a MONTH.. comical thinking that now!
Old 03-26-2013, 11:25 AM   #9
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
Lynne - I wish I was anywhere close to where the ocean could spray mist on my car. ALAS, here in the smack dab middle of USA, no ocean to be found! Glad Gavin did so well!

Tami - thanks for starting us out! Love the pic, love the title!

D - glad things continue to improve for you! Keep it up girl!

OK, START for me using last weeks weight and goal for 06/21, right???

START 173

GOAL 169
zipp2play is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:26 AM   #10

I would HOPE that in 12 weeks I could lose 4 pounds! GOOD GRIEF! I couldn't from December to March, certainly I can from March to June, right???
Old 03-26-2013, 12:02 PM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynne2u View Post
Would an iPod with books on tape help you walk happily? Well, not on tape, actually on iPod...
LOL That's the next step, I think. I mixed up my playlist today and it was a bit better, but I think a book may be even better. I'm just too cheap to pay more than a couple of bucks for them, so need to go to the library, update my card or something, and then I can borrow audio books from them. If anyone has any other ideas for cheap/free audio books let me know. I did download a few from.... um... some site where volunteers read them and they're ok, but haven't played with it enough to see if it would keep my interest. I know I enjoy the professionally done ones, though... I know I know... beggars can't be choosers! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynne2u View Post
About 10 miles. I pass it all the time on the way to Newport. Sometimes the surf sprays over the road and sprinkles seawater all over my windshield.
Haha... well that's not much of a road trip! lol Love that it sprays over the road, though. How fun

Danielle, the itching thing really is weird... and annoying! I sure hope you can get rid of it once and for all! Maybe I'll follow in your footsteps after you be the guinea pig <gg> and let me know how well it works. Yes, 15 pounds is doable, but I have my doubts as well. My last few challenges were 14, 12, 18, and then holy cow 32 pounds lost last summer, but that was when I was just starting out. 15 should be in the ballpark? I'm going back to and if it happens it happens.

Monica, you can do this! Hopefully the warmer weather... it is coming, I promise!... will help motivate you and get that scale moving the right direction again!

Last edited by misscobi; 03-26-2013 at 12:03 PM..
Old 03-26-2013, 01:49 PM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!

You'd think 15 would be in the ballpark, right? I mean, seriously, I thought I would have zero problem dropping at least that much each time I started out losing..I mean, I have sooo much to lose it should be jumping off, no?

I'm ok being the guinea pig as long as I don't end up going bald, flapping my arms like a chicken and whistling showtunes all day long..all this stuff I'm taking kinda makes me wonder sometimes
Old 03-26-2013, 02:25 PM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
You'd think 15 would be in the ballpark, right? I mean, seriously, I thought I would have zero problem dropping at least that much each time I started out losing..I mean, I have sooo much to lose it should be jumping off, no?
I know, it sounds so logical... why can't our bodies just make sense? Sigh

Quote:
I'm ok being the guinea pig as long as I don't end up going bald, flapping my arms like a chicken and whistling showtunes all day long..all this stuff I'm taking kinda makes me wonder sometimes
Haha... and THAT's why you're the guinea pig! Good luck with all that!
Old 03-26-2013, 02:43 PM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Haha... and THAT's why you're the guinea pig! Good luck with all that!
Well, thanks lil lady!

So far so good! Only songs I'm singing are on my iPod..and I asure you there are no showtunes..., the flapping I've done is to shoo the bird that *insists* on trying to make it's home on my patio, and the 15 minutes it takes to blowdry my hair tells me I'm in no danger of baldness.....YET!
Old 03-26-2013, 04:07 PM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Well, thanks lil lady!

So far so good! Only songs I'm singing are on my iPod..and I asure you there are no showtunes..., the flapping I've done is to shoo the bird that *insists* on trying to make it's home on my patio, and the 15 minutes it takes to blowdry my hair tells me I'm in no danger of baldness.....YET!
So far so good! Really, between the crazy itching and my face totally breaking out I gave up 'curing' myself and went for management instead, but someday I'm going to have to take the plunge & follow in your footsteps.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:17 PM   #16
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
So far so good! Really, between the crazy itching and my face totally breaking out I gave up 'curing' myself and went for management instead, but someday I'm going to have to take the plunge & follow in your footsteps.
I don't normally have breakouts, save for the sporadic few once in awhile during my cycle..but the first 3 days on the OoO...holy pimples batman! They're clearing, didn't stay long but sheesh! Have had a few more dry itchy patches show up on my neck and chest area today...ugh! I'll be so happy when all this is out of my system.. I guess I should've pushed higher dosage sooner instead of waiting a week.. ah well. I'm just thankful that I don't have to show myself anywhere if I don't want to

Anyone here do the CO in their coffee? Do you use a blender, or like one of those immersion thingies to blend it? Need to implement CO but I'm too chicken to eat it straight and I haven't had a chance to make the chocolate bark yet.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:29 PM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

I've done CO & coffee in the blender & it was decent. Instead of chocolate bark I just take equal parts CO & peanut butter, melt a bit in the microwave, stir thoroughly and put in the freezer in a shallow dish. Love it with chopped almonds &/or cashews thrown in, too. I couldn't manage to get cocoa powder mixed in well enough and I thought it tasted better without anyway, but I'm weird and most people love the chocolate bark.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:42 PM   #18
Blabbermouth!!!

OMG gonna totally do that tonight! Yummo! !! Does the pb and the oil blend well? Finding out how thorough CO can be for candida and speeding up ketosis I am all over it at this point
Old 03-26-2013, 04:50 PM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Yes, once the oil is warmed up they blend really well. I tried almond butter once and it did not blend well, though. YMMV
Old 03-26-2013, 05:00 PM   #20
Blabbermouth!!!

Right now my CO is liquid do I still need to wam it to mix it? Never had almond butter before...not overly thrilled with almonds so maybe that's why that doesn't excite me LOL Once in the freezer does it get hard or just make it like ice cream consistency?
Old 03-26-2013, 05:19 PM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

You probably don't need to warm it if it's already liquid. Just stir in some PB. If they don't want to mix thoroughly then throw it in the micro for a few seconds, but I'm guessing it'll mix just fine. It comes out hard, kind of like a candy bar, but melts easily.
Old 03-26-2013, 05:34 PM   #22
Blabbermouth!!!

Old 03-27-2013, 05:55 AM   #23

Good morning all!!!!!!! It's Wednesday and it's my Thursday as I am off on Friday! Is that confusing enough????

I had my BEST DD for like, EVER! I finished at 450c! That is super for me! I didn't weigh this morning planning to weigh on Friday morning.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:28 AM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

Great job, Monica! YAY for 4 day work weeks, too! Yippee!

Danielle, did you try the CO/PB?

I'm still up a pound or so. After all of the water & restroom trips yesterday I thought for sure I'd be back down, but nope.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:39 AM   #25
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning girls!

Did we know there's another thread with our same name? It has the Month attached to it but I didn't see that almost before I posted in there

Monica~ GREAT JOB on the DD!!! Can't wait to see the scale move for you.

Tami~ totally got engrossed in dvr shows with DH when he got home from work and then fell asleep before I got to eat my co/pb thingy!
I bet the scale will move tomorrow after a good few days of lots of water.. still, I cannot wait to be in the 190's! Rock it, girlfriend!!!!

So, I did not see those dang 30's today. I was only down .4 today.. sitting at 230.4.. apparently my body has other ideas about how this is all gonna go down. Figure at this rate, I've got a couple days before the 20's enter my line of fire..I was obviously thinking in too grand a scheme yesterday when I said today, wasn't I?
Old 03-27-2013, 09:54 AM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

Ooops.. totally did not see the other thread... guess I should have looked, huh?

Thanks. It is nice to be under 200 and I need to remember just how far I've come sometimes.

Our bodies are weird and can be so fickle! You'll be under 230 any second now. Can't wait to see it!
Old 03-27-2013, 10:24 AM   #27
Blabbermouth!!!

I've got 199 days before our lil road trip. Wondering how much "damage" I can do before then.. Ultimately I would just love to be 199 or below.. I want to look significantly better than when we went last time. Even better would be the 180's but I'm thinking that might be a bit too ambitious.

Just realized that today is day #9 and I'm down 2.8. Not too bad when ya look at it like that.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:38 AM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

Not bad at all! It's hard to stay focused, but you really could take off quite a bit in those 199 days! Good luck!
Old 03-27-2013, 11:14 AM   #29

D I'd say that is good!

Tami - You are doing well. Don't self sabatage girl!

Lynne - how's our Gavin boy????
Old 03-27-2013, 12:52 PM   #30
Blabbermouth!!!

Tami, praying that I actually can take off quite a bit! I've got to figure out how to not use the stress I've got going on right now deblitate me into falling off track. Trying to let things roll off my back, but it gets hard when grown adults are doing their best to "subtly" attack my children. *sigh*..

I want this more than anything and will do my best. I want to at least be able to look back after 199 days and know that I did everything in my power to make progress despite what the number turns out to be.