Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2013, 12:13 PM   #151
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
On the publishing front: it's heating up. My attorney is hashing out the details of exactly what I expect in the next edition, and one of the things I'm demanding (now that he's nudged me in that direction ) is that I be able to use the material from the EV battery chapter on my website. He recommended I demand a lump sum instead of royalties to let them use that chapter next time. It's nitty-gritty time! Love it.

Now, to turn the screws for the other part of the question - compensation for all the other website content borrowed without my permission!
YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!! Make them pay! They were in the wrong, so they should pay BIG TIME!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2013, 01:00 PM   #152
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lize636
Stats: 225/186/155
WOE: LC
Start Date: Nov 2009, restart March 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynne2u View Post
Liz, the farm sounds beautiful. I'd love to see pictures of it. I don't understand, though: tobacco wood? How does that work?
That was me not knowing how to write!! Sorry they grow tobacco on the land and also used the land to log i.e. cut down trees and make things out of wood.

My profile picture is actually on DH parents farm.
Lize636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:09 PM   #153
Senior LCF Member

Here are a few of the barns .... I guess I need to take some of the woods
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0288.jpg (61.7 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0285.jpg (65.5 KB, 4 views)
Old 04-08-2013, 01:24 PM   #154

Those pictures are beautiful!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-08-2013, 04:40 PM   #155
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Lynne, Can't wait to read your books! How exciting! Seriously, who doesn't love a good vampire story? MSG, huh? That very well could be. It was a new wing place and my body sure didn't like something. Love your outlook on moving forward and enjoying the rest of our lives despite our upbringing... the alternatives don't seem so great, so I'm all for moving on & enjoying life So glad your attorney is doing a great job for you. I know you'll be glad to have that stress behind you. And yes, Gavin is an absolute doll... sooo stinkin' cute. I'm sure you were both glad to have him back in school, though. It's awesome that he loves school so much!

Monica, yeah, I don't even know what to think about her mom at this point. I'm hoping we don't have to hang out anytime soon or I'm going to be as red faced and frustrated as my son said he was. Only I don't need her for a ride home nor do I need to give her any respect... hmmm... yeah, probably good that I'm missing the end of swim season while I'm in Idaho. They're both on the team and both of us moms usually go to the meets. I still just feel so bad for the daughter, though. Poor kid.
Old 04-09-2013, 06:51 AM   #156

It's Tuesday Ladies!

Tami - I am glad you won't see that Mom for a while. ACKWARD! I can't imagine. When do you leave for Idaho???

Yesterdays Up Day was right in line. Hoping for a smooth and easy DD!
Old 04-09-2013, 06:54 AM   #157
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
Those pictures are beautiful!!!!!!!!!
Thanks!! I will have to take more of the woods and streams. It really is a blessing to have all of this land for my girls to enjoy.
Old 04-09-2013, 07:04 AM   #158
Senior LCF Member

Happy Tuesday ladies

I am back at my sig weight this morning!!!

But the PMS is unreal... I have never been this way before and I can't get it under control. My patience is nearly non existent. I am on the mirena and I dont normally have a period let alone PMS. They both decided to bless me with their presence and boy is it bad. Sorry for the TMI. On a good note I am not craving carbs or junk so I guess I should be happy with that.

I don't know how I forgot this but I started couch to 5K over the weekend wooo is it hard to run when you have never done it in your life. But I am determined and I will do it. I signed up for the Run or Dye 5K in Washington DC on June 8th. Don't have much time to dilly dally. Its pretty neat and they have them all over if anyone is interested...and you dont actually have to run I just want to because its something I have always dreamed about doing. Weird but very true!

http://www.runordye.com/locations/Wa...FbE-MgodjDkAMA

Hope everyone is doing well!!

Old 04-09-2013, 08:51 AM   #159
Major LCF Poster!

Liz, I don't know how I missed the pics yesterday, but what a gorgeous piece of property! I'm jealous! Huge congrats on getting back to siggy weight! I sure hope the PMS passes soon! I did the couch to 5K program years ago and loved it... well, not sure loved is the right word, cause it is grueling when you've never ran before, but it works! And it works quickly! At the end of each week I'd look at the changes for the following week and think 'No way', but sure enough I was able to struggle through and progress from week to week. I often felt like puking when I got home, but it really does work. The color runs look like a blast. What a fun goal!

Monica, the plan is to leave this Sunday, the 14th... but my mom now has a cold... need to check on her actually. Not sure what we're going to do if she's still sick Sometimes I think something is trying to keep me from getting up there... and then sometimes I think, 'No, something's trying to keep her from getting up there!' lol Not nice. lol. So we'll see how she's doing. No getting baby sick!

Nothing new to report in the scale department today. Just chugging along. We're doing another 24 hour heart monitor on da' dog so his constant supervision & logging his every move is keeping me busy today.
misscobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:44 AM   #160

Liz - I did the C25K program back in 2002. I even did several 5k's and worked my way up to 2 half marathon's. I think it is great! YOU GO GIRL! My last 1/2 I injured my foot badly. Plantar F and a heel spur. It took forever to heal. 10+ months. When I eased back into running I injured my back. Now I just walk. I aim for 25-30 miles walking a week (which is comparable to what I was running). Find what you LOVE and do it!

Tami - I understand! Hopefully she is feeling better by then. T is home sick today too. That boy is NEVER EVER sick and since January he has had Sinus infection with double ear infections, appendix surgery and now another cold! He is 14 and does NOT do sick well! HELP us ALL!

Monica -Come see my journey!
Old 04-09-2013, 10:18 AM   #161
Major LCF Poster!

Aww, poor T. I bet his immune system just can't catch up & recover so he's getting hit over & over again. Is he in a growth spurt, too? He's at about the right age and that could knock his immune system down a bit, too. Poor kiddo!

And WOW 25-30 miles walking a week! That's awesome!
Old 04-09-2013, 10:33 AM   #162
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Sheesh, I guess I'm late to the party here every day!

Liz~ I'm sorry you're feeling oogie. PMS is a PITA for sure! I'm in the camp of wonky cycles, they come late, they come early..so, you know, just in a perpetual state of crazy! Great pics of your in-laws property, lucky kiddos!

C25K...OMG I think I got thru 3 workouts and I was done. I am so not a runner It's a dream of mine, but I think a very far off distant one... maybe in my next life kinda dream.

Tami~ I think I forgot to give you props yesterday for the scale move! You go girl! Hope the doggy thing today goes well!

Monica~ Here's to a great DD girl! Sorry T is sick, I hope he feels better soon!!! Admittedly, my DD16 is chronically sick. Every single year by this time we get a letter from the school telling us that she has missed "X" amount of school and she can't miss anymore without a sign off from a doctor Please! This girl can manage a 4.0 every single year and still miss days of school, it makes no difference. It's kinda funny, but mostly pathetic... Tells me that school is not nearly as stringent as it probably should be. She's in the top 10% of her class. We usually have a good chuckle with the letter every. single. year. I can't wait til we're done with hs..I hate dealing with the idiocy that is the school system in this state.
-----------------------------

Had another great day with the hubster yesterday. I ate a little bit off plan but not enough to worry too much.. Scale was the same today. I'm ok with that. It's always rough going when he's home, especially 2 days in a row!
Today's our anniversary and I won't see him all day, glad we got 2 days together!

Just realized that I am due for TOM *supposedly* early next week so that means pms is startin...this explains why on earth I was so dang tired last night..Meh!

Weather here has turned. It's cool, breezy & overcast. Loving it!

Back on track today with clean eating. Trying the pb w/ the CO today.. Yummmmm!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:51 AM   #163
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Anniversary, Danielle! Glad you and hubby have gotten some quality time together in the last couple of days. Cool & Breezy here, too, but I'm not so fond of it. Was worried about one side of our fence yesterday, but it held. Woke up this morning grateful for no wind, but it's already picking back up again Thanks for the props & good thoughts for the doggy! I hear you on the hs, thing. Our school system certainly needs work! Definitely let me know how you like the pb/co thing
Old 04-09-2013, 12:01 PM   #164

Look at you go Tami! Your numbers are looking GREAT!

D - sounds like you did well even with the celebrating!

I agree on the school stuff. Between the DRAMA, the BS and such, I will be ready to be done too! I am grateful Haven will be out of elementary, the drama there is practically on steroids and that's just the teachers!
Old 04-09-2013, 01:07 PM   #165
Big Yapper!!!!

I had a giant post and hit send and the computer ate it I guess?

What I originally posted was being so very happy to have been done with elementary and middle school! DD16's 6th grade teacher was a total nutjob not to mention useless and I consider myself lucky to have not landed myself in the pokey!!!

Huge arguement over placement for honors english in middle school resulted in my finally having to call the district office to complain.. needless to say, DD16 was in the honors english by the end of the day.. This woman flat out did not want my kid going into that class..she used every dumb excuse ever and I said, well if you take a look at her grades clearly you can see that she doesnt barely need to be in class 5days a week..she's bored out of her mind!! So dumb with all their numbers and percentages, etc... how bout challenging the kids that actually need to be???? SHEESH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, this teacher stayed far far away from me for the remainder of the semester... another parent informed me that she was afraid of me. ...could it be that I yelled at her to go back to her desk and finish eating her butter. Uh huh,..butter...she apparently ate pats of butter at her desk.. Guess it was supposed to be a secret??
Old 04-09-2013, 01:51 PM   #166

OH now that is funny Danielle!
Old 04-09-2013, 02:32 PM   #167
Senior LCF Member

T- Thanks! I really hope I love it eventually. I know it wont be easy getting there but I am going to try my hardest. Sorry to hear about the sick pup I hope he is better soon.

M- I will!! Any suggestions on good running shoes?

D- Thanks for the hug I am feeling more normal this afternoon!! I am only at day two on the C25K so we shall see... it isn't easy that's for sure. Happy Anniversary glad you got to spend sometime with the hubs before today since you dont get to see him today. Sounds like you have great weather get out and enjoy it!!
Old 04-09-2013, 03:56 PM   #168
Big Yapper!!!!

Liz~ I'm glad you are feeling better! Be proud for trying to do the running program, I bet you will surprise youself. I think part of my problem is I try to go from A to Z in as little time as possible without easing into things first... there's a reason why the program is geared the way it is!!! Silly me tries to rewrite things all the time
Old 04-10-2013, 07:06 AM   #169
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Liz~ I'm glad you are feeling better! Be proud for trying to do the running program, I bet you will surprise youself. I think part of my problem is I try to go from A to Z in as little time as possible without easing into things first... there's a reason why the program is geared the way it is!!! Silly me tries to rewrite things all the time
I know I am the same way.... I want to be running as of YESTERDAY! I know it isn't going to happen like that. Just like this weight isn't going to all fall off tomorrow even though I want it to. I am trying to have patience this time and not just loose the weight but change my bad habits! I talk a great game but I still get frustrated. For now I take it one day at a time.
Old 04-10-2013, 07:48 AM   #170
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Look at you go Tami! Your numbers are looking GREAT!
Thanks Monica! I get to change stats again today. I'm down another 2 to 191

Liz, thanks for the well wishes for the pup. The short version is that he has an arrhythmia and we're on our second med change trying to keep his heart rate controlled. Totally out of the blue thing that has rocked my world for a few months. He's totally my baby. We do a 24 hour heart monitor a couple of weeks after adding or changing meds to see if they're doing their thing. Should get results of this monitor in a few days and then we'll go from there... hopefully meds are doing their thing this time and his heart rate is staying in a normal range

Add me to the list of people who want it all *Now Please!* It's so not happening that way this time around so I keep telling myself that I'm learning patience in the process. Eh, still don't like it. lol

Hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday
Old 04-10-2013, 08:22 AM   #171

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lize636 View Post
M- I will!! Any suggestions on good running shoes?
google running warehouse. It is a great website. I used mainly New Balance and Puma's depending on which was on sale. Free shipping and free returns. you can probably also google for a coupon code. I used neutral shoes, no stability!
Old 04-10-2013, 08:23 AM   #172

Quote:
Originally Posted by misscobi View Post

YOU are a WEIGHT LOSS MACHINE!!!!!!!!!! way to go girl!!!!!
Old 04-10-2013, 08:24 AM   #173

Yesterday's DD ended up a bit high. I really need to figure out some new recipes for DD's. I am getting to where I can't eat cottage cheese, salads will soon be off my list, stir fry is soon going to be a no go! I just need something new! I have been researching a bit!
Old 04-10-2013, 08:33 AM   #174

I took pictures of Haven yesterday to work on a 5th Grade Recognition card for her. I am thrilled with how it turned out. We duplicated a picture that was taken on the first day of Kindergarten! She was thrilled. I can't wait to get them in now!

The front has a pictured from current that I took last night, then the K one that mirrors it is on there, then a 1st day of school picture from 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and then 5th! On the back I have 6 pictures from various times during her 5th grade year and I note
The many faces of our 5th Grade
HAVEN

I can't wait to get them in now. We are having a little party for her. Nothing fancy, but family and a few friends. Being at one school for 6 years and moving on, deserves a moment of recognition!
Old 04-10-2013, 08:34 AM   #175

Hey Liz, how are you feeling today? Like a new WOMAN???
Old 04-10-2013, 08:35 AM   #176

lynne - where are you?? working hard on the vampire series???? I can't wait to get my hands on it. It's the only reason I will forgive you for not checking in!
Old 04-10-2013, 08:46 AM   #177
Major LCF Poster!

Haha... don't know about that machine bit, but appreciate the sentiment! lol

Your card for Haven sounds sooo sweet! Moving on to middle school is a big step and does deserve some recognition. Exciting times

How about variations of chicken soup for your down days? I threw some leftover broccoli, cauliflower, and zucchini in a pot of broth the other day & it was yummy! The broth itself is really low cal and the veggies couldn't have added many cals. How about Tuna.. I tend to mix mine with mayo which negates any low calorie advantage from the Tuna, but I also like it just out of the can & added to salad (I know you're done with salads. lol), maybe tuna wraps w/ lettuce leaves? I'll keep thinking about this one.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:18 AM   #178
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by misscobi View Post

Liz, thanks for the well wishes for the pup. The short version is that he has an arrhythmia and we're on our second med change trying to keep his heart rate controlled. Totally out of the blue thing that has rocked my world for a few months. He's totally my baby. We do a 24 hour heart monitor a couple of weeks after adding or changing meds to see if they're doing their thing. Should get results of this monitor in a few days and then we'll go from there... hopefully meds are doing their thing this time and his heart rate is staying in a normal range

Add me to the list of people who want it all *Now Please!* It's so not happening that way this time around so I keep telling myself that I'm learning patience in the process. Eh, still don't like it. lol

Hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday

That is so scary to go through each time the meds are changed. But very good that you monitor to make sure everything is working like its suppose to. You really are an angle for taking such good care of your pup!!

As for the patience maybe we can all learn it together!!
Old 04-10-2013, 10:19 AM   #179
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hey Liz, how are you feeling today? Like a new WOMAN???
Feeling great!! The PMS has moved on!
Old 04-10-2013, 10:58 AM   #180
Big Yapper!!!!

Monica~ can't wait to see the lovely Haven project! Transitioning to ms is a huge deal, I remember mine like it was yesterday and that was a long time ago!!

Liz~ so so glad that you're feeling better!! I'm in pms hell right now and just trying to not eat the counter most days

Tami~...first of all; Tuna = ...
AWESOME on the numbers today! So close to that new decade!

Lynne~ Well, I'm just hoping that the vampires haven't kidnapped you...either that, or that Gavin hasn't tied you up and put you in a closet!
--------------------

Had an awesome day all day yesterday and then for whatever dumb reason I ate rice at dinner and then ate some nutterbutter's.. No idea why..I just did. Scale hates me. +.4

180+ days left before my lil trip and I'm pissing the days away with dumb-a$$ choices...I'm very annoyed with myself! Buckling down starting today. I do truly want to see major progress by Oct and I'm not going to with all the shenanigans I've been up to.

I said sayonara to the last 2 family members on my FB and I'm hoping that the release of all that emotional baggage tied to all that drama is going to help me mentally be able to start taking my weight loss seriously. Sad that it's all gone down this way but it is what it is at this point. I'm a-okay with it, I'm a survivor, I'm alot stronger than anyone EVER counted on..my kids are amazing, healthy, and safe and I have a husband who is absolutely bananas about me. It's all I need!