Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2013, 05:53 PM   #121
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
You guys are funny!!! I'm all about flying if it gets me where I want to go more quickly!!!

We are booking our next cruise as I type this. Week of New Years , can't wait !!!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2013, 05:53 PM   #122

We are doing Royal Car this time . So excited!!!!
Old 04-05-2013, 05:58 PM   #123
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Sounds like fun, Monica!
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:28 AM   #124
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/210/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Good morning everyone!!

Liz, I realize I didn't answer your questions because I was too busy feeling sorry for myself. Sorry about that.

I write two websites - Electric Cars are for Girls, and Blessed with Down Syndrome. The infringement action is about this: I contributed a chapter to a book called "Build Your Own Electric Vehicle" (third edition) last year. It was just published at the beginning of February this year. When it came out, I discovered that the chapter I'd written was not attributed to me at all, that the author had published it as if he'd written it himself. He'd also helped himself to a bunch of my website content without my permission and also offered it as if he wrote it himself. Complete with a story about my Uncle Chuck.

A lot of this is clearly unlawful, but not so much as one might think.

Still...what they weren't counting on, and what will cost them, is that the stolen web content has a clear and proven track record of earning money. (Turns out it's a quite a bit more than the book earns! Who knew? )

I guess that's what I get for vanity, and wanting to be a celebrity at the local library for six months by being a Properly Published Author.

I'm also working on a vampire trilogy (the vampires are pretty non-standard, though) with a young adult (and female!) hero. I'm publishing it myself, I think, because vanity isn't worth the loss of money and control.

Probably WAY too much information, huh?

Oh, and I do JUDDD. It's just that the way I do it is fasting most of DDs.

Monica, I was just thinking last night about the thing we call family nowadays (responding to your little brother/big sis post) and how the definitions are getting blurry in this century between who is "us" and who is "them", what with the world being so small and some of our families not being nearby. Or sane. Anyway, I've got friends who are as close as family, and family members who are pretty much strangers.

2. Where are you going on your cruise?

3. My birthday was March 18th.

Danielle, I am so right there with you on the "not so much" of flying nowadays. Remember when it used to be fun?? I've decided to follow your lead and get younger as I get older. Good idea!

Tami, I love the name Kellan too. I was laughing about your "invasion of stuff" comment about your mom's accessories because it feels like that whenever I go somewhere with Gavin. It's logistically complex.

My go-to easy meal is Joe's special - hamburger and cabbage in a skillet with cajun-ish ketchup-based sauce, topped with sour cream. Yum.

Me... the plum blossoms are beginning to pop out. The kid is feeling much better now. Despite my whining, the publisher did make an offer of actual money - now it's just a matter of negotiation. And the vampire story is cooking right along. I've got plenty to be grateful for today!

Happy thank goodness it's the weekend Saturday, all!!

Lynne

Carbohydrate Addict's Diet. Hopefully.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 09:28 AM   #125
Blabbermouth!!!

Wow Lynne! I didn't know all that stuff about you either, so thank you for sharing!
I am thrilled to hear that things are finally getting alittle more serious on the other end..sheesh, what is the matter with people these days!
Excited for your vampires..I love vampire stories.
Yay for Mr. G feeling better!!!

Definitely have friends who are my family since my own "family" can't seem to act normal.... or sane

I am all about keeping myself young and enjoying being me. I remember being in my 20's and thinking I still feel like a teenager. Now, while I definitely do not feel like a teenager so much ..I at least do feel youngER and feeling better physically is truly helping. What keeps things in perspective for me? ..age I am now is the age my mom was when I had my son 20yrs ago...thinking back then I vividly remember always thinking my parents were so much older than what they were..they acted so old.. and here I am "that age" and I do not feel 40-something..not at all.. I had young parents just like my kids do and I like that feeling!

Still sitting a couple pounds over sig weight...few more days of work and hopefully I'll be back where I was.. Praying!
Used CO in my coffee today for the first time.. wowzers! only used 1T because I didn't have such a big cuppa today.. it was just enough.. Potent stuff!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 04-06-2013, 10:21 AM   #126
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Monica, how exciting! I was just looking at cruises yesterday. I want to go to Alaska next year.

Lynne, I didn't know all of that either! How cool!

So do you drive an electric car? Did you happen to build it? Maybe I should check your website first, huh?

I already have your Blessed with Down Syndrome website open... omg, Gavin is soooo stinkin cute! I know it's not always easy... but what a blessing indeed

Please do share your vampire trilogy when it's complete! I have a friend who's a NY Times Best Selling author and writes science fiction/romance novels where the main character is always a heroine. I, honestly, haven't made it through one of her books... lol... just not my style, but it's always fascinated me! Not to mention she's a pilot, was one of the first female US Air Force Academy grads, on and on... amazing woman with amazing kids following in her footsteps. Our sons played polo together and then we 'had' the academy thing in common. Interestingly, her son has also left the academy, but her daughter is hanging strong and finishing up her freshman year

Danielle, I love that you've decided to act younger and enjoy yourself! I've done the same at various points, but I tend to fall back into my ho hum patterns. For the most part I enjoy them, though, so it's not so bad. lol

Liz, how ya doing? Hope you're enjoying the weekend!

No movement on the scale for me today, but I'm wearing some skinny jeans and feel little, so there. Take that scale!
Old 04-06-2013, 10:32 AM   #127
Major LCF Poster!

Wow, Lynne, just read the 92% abortion stat and am amazed... I figured it woudl be closer to 50/50... sigh... I've only known a couple of DS kids, but they were both absolute joys for the most part. I thought that was common knowledge? No, they're not always smiling just like I'm not always a perfect ray of sunshine, but overall they seem to embrace life and find the joy in things like most other children. Anyway... really loving 'Gavin's site'. Thank you for putting it out there for other parents. I'm sure it's been a huge help for so many. Hugs...
misscobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 11:05 AM   #128
Major LCF Poster!

Oh my gosh, Lynne, I'll stop gushing soon, I promise, but this picture brought tears to my eyes and reminds me why I love love love teaching preschool... it's such a wonderful feeling to be a part of the lives of little ones... thanks for making me cry this morning (they're happy tears):

Last edited by misscobi; 04-06-2013 at 11:06 AM..
Old 04-06-2013, 11:36 AM   #129
Blabbermouth!!!

Who is that little munchkin! I want to chew his lil cheeks!!

Tami~ I spent my entire life trying to live up to some fabled expectation that my parents had...it took me 40 years to come to the realization that nothing I EVER did was going to be enough.. I've always had a very free-spirit and yep, definitely acted out on it plenty of times but was always reigned in quickly by the parentals with groundings, things taken away, etc. Always being controlled. Tried being a certain kind of parent and wife because maybe then they'll finally like me...nope, that never worked either. After the huge massive fall out nearly 3 years ago I finally woke up and realized that I was truly on my own and it needs to be that way...I get to finally live my life on my terms, with my rules, my freedom, and my I-give-a-flying-F* meter is broken. It's ok that I love music and movies and being adventurous..it's ok that I allow my kids to use their voices and words to tell me how they feel...it's ok that I love tattoos, fast cars, and drink beer like a drunkin sailor (once in awhile ) if I want to. All the stuff that was engrained that was bad bad bad..I mean, heaven forbid if I actually had been able to speak my mind and express my feelings to anyone that was supposed to care about me! The horror, huh? ..
Take me or leave me...DILLIGAF

... suddenly I'm feeling rather rebellious today!
Old 04-06-2013, 11:55 AM   #130
Major LCF Poster!

Danielle, that's Gavin when he was about 2. He's 8 now.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/me...ney-small.html

What was it Dr. Seuss said about speaking your mind? Let's see...

Those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.

Lynne

P.S. I like the flying f* meter thing.

Last edited by lynne2u; 04-06-2013 at 11:58 AM..
Old 04-06-2013, 12:53 PM   #131
Major LCF Poster!

Danielle... I really get where you're coming from. Only my parents blew it big time from the time I was little, so I grew up not respecting them, not really caring what they thought, and knowing I could do a better job at parenting than they did. lol. A little conceited maybe, but that faith in myself has gotten me through a lot and I really am pretty humble in person. My mom is still a freaking mess, thankfully my dad passed away a few years ago - trust me, he didn't deserve to be on this earth - and yet my mom still cherishes some of his stuff and idolizes some things about him. Totally f'ed up and erodes away at what little respect I have for her. Such is life. She's an awesome grandma. I just have to help my kids see past some of her personality issues so that they don't try to emulate her. Ugh... family... I'm all for forming your own in whatever form that takes!

Lynne, Gavin is still just adorable. I'm so glad he has you as a mommy.
Old 04-06-2013, 01:33 PM   #132
Blabbermouth!!!

Mine went to work on me at a very very young age.. esp my mother. Her body issues were put onto me and some of my first memories is of her telling me how horrible I looked in my clothes..how if I kept eating like I did then there wouldn't be any clothes left for me to wear from anywhere.. I think I was 4? And all of this all the while I'm being forced to clean my plate and then of course there was tons of junk food that was offered.. My dad, the most absent father ever...he was there but he wasn't.. oh but he was there when it came time to watch my mom "punish" me.. 2yrs ago when we had our blow out and everyone was screaming and i was about 2seconds away from punching my sister in the mouth.. he comes out from where ever he was, missed the entire thing..but then is trying to dole out lecture.. Ummm, NO! That's the thing, I have held zero respect for them for as long as I can remember, but because I was so emotionally abused for forever, I was taught that I was worthless, a bother and helpless.. all that from her, and my dad did nothing to help me, nor ever seemed concerned.. They made me believe that I mattered to no one unless I became a "better person"..so I spent my life trying to matter. I look at my kids and its instant tears when I think of ever speaking to them the way I was spoken to and treated. My sisters were all treated somewhat better, I was usually the punching bag.. not to say there wasn't "some" issues at some point with one of them.. but I don't ever remember seeing the kind of negativity and anger heaped on them the same way.
No one in my family likes confrontation..it's easier to sweep it under the rug and keep stepping over it no matter the size of the boulder under the rug.
Such total devastation by the hands of 2 people that should never have had kids. My MIL is more disaster.. I believe DH & I have broken our familial cycles and that's all that care about.
Old 04-06-2013, 01:51 PM   #133
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Such total devastation by the hands of 2 people that should never have had kids.
You hit the nail on the head. I'm so sorry you had to go through all of that

I was my father's play toy when he wasn't emotionally & physically abusing my mom or one of us. Oh, and then from pre-teen on I was a '****, *****, you name it'... um... sure dad. If there was any confrontation he threw a temper tantrum throwing things, breaking things, etc. and then would leave the house threatening to kill himself. My mom & sister would be in shambles begging him to stay. WTH? I was the calm composed one that would call 911 and explain that there was a madman on the loose with a gun. I was the oldest, and like you, took most of the heat. Thankfully I was always very bright & articulate (don't feel like that most of the time now. lol) but teachers & other adults adored me and I got away with a lot of nonsense because of that. I think that's where the belief in myself came from. Not either of my parents. Thankfully neither attacked my appearance... I was 'the pretty one'... sigh... but anyway... monsters, the whole lot. Hubby's MIL is a disaster as well... and our main goal was to not raise our kids like either of us were raised. I think we've done pretty well despite not every being parented well ourselves.

Last edited by misscobi; 04-06-2013 at 01:52 PM.. Reason: to say I love the *** let's just say he called me easy...
Old 04-06-2013, 03:06 PM   #134
Blabbermouth!!!

Thing is; I look EXACTLY like my mom.. Well, I did.. So all the bs she put upon me was really directed at herself.. I was a real life reflection of herself and so I had to pay for it somehow, I guess? I'll tell ya, I was WILD as a teenager.. after awhile in high school I didn't give a flip about curfew or anything else..it would be *something* that I'd get punished for no matter what, so figured might as well have some fun! I stifled much of it once I got pg with DS..figured now I was supposed to morph into this perfect mom role, yada yada..
DH's family life was truly messed up.. I grew up with my mother literally over my shoulder 24/7 and he grew up with her not knowing where he was half the time. We came from 2 totally different upbringings.. I grew up middle class, he grew up wealthy.. etc.. And funnily enough when it came time to parent our first instincts were to be exactly opposite of how we were raised. LOL.. He was the nosy strict daddy and I was the one wanting to let them spread their wings more.. We found a pretty happy balance quickly tho and he's a great dad despite not ever having his after the age of 11. His mother is an absolute psycho and not much more can be said for his sister..

When I went to therapy a couple years ago the first words out of my mouth were I'm just interested in making sure the cycle is broken once & for all..my therapist said, yep, we got this. It was nice to know that I had already began that change when they were very small without even realizing it.. I realize now that all the angst and emotional turmoil I felt with my sisters & parents thru the kids childhoods is because of that very thing.. I raised my kids to speak their truth's, to be articulate, and not to be afraid to speak up when they have questions or want better understanding of situations.. All the things neither dh or I were allowed. My family certainly has bitten off more than they can chew when they choose to engage with my kids in a negative manner, especially my girls! The little one is like a pitbull and does not 'release' until she's good n ready. Girl after my own heart!
Old 04-07-2013, 08:24 AM   #135
Blabbermouth!!!

Mornin my lovelies!

Hoping you all have had a great weekend! I spent all day yesterday cleaning and taxi'ing.. it's all good, it kept me out of the fridge and on track

Scale down -.6 Not too shabby considering I ate lots of bacon the night before that I totally forgot about.. Ooops! Feeling lucky to have lost anything considering all the salt. I did have nearly a gallon of water yesterday, so gooo me!

Today is fun day with the hubby. Going shopping and out & about for awhile and then tonight out for the anniversary.. prolly dinner & a movie

Have a great day!
Old 04-07-2013, 08:36 AM   #136
Major LCF Poster!

Great job, Danielle! Both on the weight loss, the extra water, and for raising your kids to stand up for themselves! Love that you describe your little one as a pitbull
Old 04-07-2013, 08:48 AM   #137
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Ms Tami! My little one is the one who is passionate about anything she cares about..she is the one that I worry the least about in anything. She is driven, smart, organized, and creative. She is everything that I could have only dreamed to have been at the age of 16. My middle one is the one I worry about, the quiet ones are always the ones ya gotta worry about, right? My oldest is amazeballs and the sweetest boy ever.

I think I'm coming to terms with my "situation".. I can either keep fighting the fact that I *need* low carb in order to stay healthy regardless of neccessity of weight loss and be miserable eating all sorts of stuff I shouldn't or I can embrace the lifestyle completely like before and enjoy the foods I do get to eat... I mean, who doesn't love bacon! Not to mention a great steak with awesome roasted veggies, or an amazing salad with REAL dressing.. yeah, I think the low carb community has it made in spades.. it sure beats the heck out of a low fat diet with fat-free cheese and skim milk crap, and 7% hamburger...yeesh, have you tasted that stuff? Yikes!

Do any of you guys do FB?
Old 04-07-2013, 09:04 AM   #138
Major LCF Poster!

Yep, that's the realization I came to as well. My body really doesn't like sugar & wheat. Last night we went to a new wing place (darned that closed Wingstop!) and their online menu said they had garlic parm, but when we got there they didn't and the guy looked at me like I was crazy when I asked about them. I don't handle hot & spicy well, so we went with something called 'hot & sweet' and bbq which I wiped the sauce off of all but one. Woke up so sore & stiff, like I'd been hit by a train. The scale was kind, tough, so not positive, but I'd guess there was way more sugar in the wings than I'd hoped. With combining low carb & fast 5 I find I can get away with a little more, but yeah, something sure hit me like a ton of bricks. I think maintenance will be super easy eating this way, though. Low carbers really do have it pretty good when you think about it. I mean wings would be completely off limits to a low fat person... I just have to find a flavors that aren't sugar laden And then there are the steaks, full fat dressing, bacon, butter, etc. that you mentioned above... yum yum yummmmmmy!
Old 04-08-2013, 06:17 AM   #139

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynne2u View Post
I'm also working on a vampire trilogy (the vampires are pretty non-standard, though) with a young adult (and female!) hero. I'm publishing it myself, I think, because vanity isn't worth the loss of money and control.

2. Where are you going on your cruise?
OK Lynne, now you are talking MY language! I love all THINGS Vampire! LOVE YA books more than most adult books I get ahold of. You must keep me updated on that series. I will want to get ahold of it and devour it. To boot, the Femail is the hero..LOVING THAT!

Cruise, we will port out of San Juan, then we stop at Barbados, St Lucia, St Johns/ Antigua, St Maarten and St Croix. We have never been to any of these stops. We fly to San Juan on 12/28 and return on 01/05/2014. As I stated, this time we are going on Royal Carribean. We are all very excited.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rt-2-a-18.html
Old 04-08-2013, 06:32 AM   #140

Want to say, I am wowed and impressed with all of you Lynne, Tami and Danielle. I can't imagine being treated the way you were and managing in life. I am totally SPOILED! I had a great childhood (I mean, there were issues, but nothing like what you describe) and my parents are a huge part of my life now and my children's. My hats off to all of you!

It's Monday! Enough said. The weekend flew by. We really didn't do much, but yet, it was really nice! I finished my book Elenor and Park (loved it so much praying the author writes a sequel to it) and started Bossy Pants (for my book club). We did laundry, walmart, movies, church and SS, softball and had friends over Saturday night. Good weekend.

Did well on food all weekend. Feeling ok about this today!
Old 04-08-2013, 06:33 AM   #141

Lynne - your Gavin is adorable. I could eat him up! He is very lucky to have YOU. I too view things as you do. Totally pro choice in that a woman deserves the right to decide and no DR should tell her otherwise...and yet, I could never abort. I can't even wrap my head around that as an option. I am so glad you dismissed what all those DR's said too!
Old 04-08-2013, 06:35 AM   #142
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lize636
Stats: 225/172/155
WOE: LC
Start Date: Nov 2009, restart March 2013
Happy Monday ladies. I have a lot of catching up to do!! If you haven't already figured me out I dont get on the computer much over the weekends.

Weekend went really well I ate on plan and I am starting out this week a little above my sig weight...but I seen my sig weight Sat. and Sun... I'm sure its fluids or other things not to be named! I spent most of my weekend enjoying the lovely weather. Friday night the hubby and I got kid free evening and went to the local seafood restaurant. I had Shrimp and Alaskan crab legs . Sat and Sun we spent the day at the in laws farm letting the kids and the pup play outside all weekend long.

Lynne- I cant wait to hear about your vampire books!! I am totally addicted to Vampire Diaries!!

I will catch up on the rest soon! Off to get some work done.

Slimmer by Summer Challenge 225/190/?
Awesome by Autumn Challenge 193/176/180
Sexier for Santa 176/174/164
Spring Fling 185/172/165
Lize636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:59 AM   #143
Major LCF Poster!

Monica, your cruise sounds wonderful! What an awesome Christmas present to yourselves right after the busy holiday! And no, you're not spoiled, hopefully your childhood was 'normal' and exactly what my children would say when they get older. My oldest has been out of town with his girlfriend's family all weekend and mom had a total meltdown, saying some really really not nice things to her daughter - things that will stick with her for life. I got a call yesterday afternoon from my 20 year old saying he 'needed some mama advice.' Awwww. It's a really sad situation and my son felt so stuck between wanting to stand up for his girlfriend while still being respectful to his ride home! Poor kid. I know he was so angry and so frustrated. Then I got quite a few follow ups & a sweet sweet text saying how much he loved me and that he was going to need a big big hug when he gets home today. Yep, they're always our babies and thankfully have had a 'normal' childhood

Liz, I think most of us are usually pretty busy on the weekends. No worries. Glad you had a great weekend. I'd love to hear more about your in-laws' farm. Sounds like so much fun especially for the kids. Great job on seeing siggy weight over the weekend. I'm sure you'll have a new low soon!

Aaaaand, speaking of new lows 193 this morning Slowly but surely...

Wishing you all a great start to your week!
Old 04-08-2013, 07:54 AM   #144
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lize636
Stats: 225/172/155
WOE: LC
Start Date: Nov 2009, restart March 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by misscobi View Post
Monica, your cruise sounds wonderful! What an awesome Christmas present to yourselves right after the busy holiday! And no, you're not spoiled, hopefully your childhood was 'normal' and exactly what my children would say when they get older. My oldest has been out of town with his girlfriend's family all weekend and mom had a total meltdown, saying some really really not nice things to her daughter - things that will stick with her for life. I got a call yesterday afternoon from my 20 year old saying he 'needed some mama advice.' Awwww. It's a really sad situation and my son felt so stuck between wanting to stand up for his girlfriend while still being respectful to his ride home! Poor kid. I know he was so angry and so frustrated. Then I got quite a few follow ups & a sweet sweet text saying how much he loved me and that he was going to need a big big hug when he gets home today. Yep, they're always our babies and thankfully have had a 'normal' childhood

Liz, I think most of us are usually pretty busy on the weekends. No worries. Glad you had a great weekend. I'd love to hear more about your in-laws' farm. Sounds like so much fun especially for the kids. Great job on seeing siggy weight over the weekend. I'm sure you'll have a new low soon!

Aaaaand, speaking of new lows 193 this morning Slowly but surely...

Wishing you all a great start to your week!

Your son is so sweet!! I hope I have that kind of relationship with my girls when they get older

Congrats on the new low!!!

As for the farm - Its not actually a farm they plant crops on anymore but still a farm! Its over 100 arches of land that most of his family lives on. We spend most of the time on ATV's joy riding or walking the farm and playing in the streams when its warm. They used to grow tobacco on the farm and used it for the wood. My husbands grandfather was a very good wood worker!! I have lots of shelves, coat racks, step stools and neat things craved out of wood around the house to show for it. He cuts the wood down himself and even runs it through his own saw mill and all that fun stuff. Sadly he is older now and cant do those things anymore. But I am very excited that my husband and father in law are making me a kitchen table out of wood from the farm!! I can not wait to get it in my kitchen. It's one of the tall tables. I have a huge table in my kitchen and I am hoping this will help me save some room.
Lize636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:08 AM   #145
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lize636 View Post
Your son is so sweet!! I hope I have that kind of relationship with my girls when they get older
Mind you he's a 'normal' (haha there's that word again) 20 year old most days, spending as little time at home as possible and basically ignoring good ole mom. Really wouldn't expect much else from a 20 year old manchild, but these occasional reminders of what a sweet kid he still is are certainly cherished

Thanks for the congrats! The farm sounds amazing! My dream is to have lots of acreage out in the middle of nowhere... sounds like your in-laws have that and I love it! How fortunate that you are close enough to enjoy it! The hand crafted woodwork is really cool, too! Hopefully grandpa is passing his craft on to the younger generations.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:34 AM   #146
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning ladies! Weekend went by soooo fast! Hope everyone is rested, relaxed & ready to rock & roll! :rock:

Lynne~
Gavin is major cutie patootie!!!! He is lucky to have you, mama!

Liz~ Family fun time sounds fun!! I love love love the Vampire Diaries show, cannot stand the books. Made the mistake of seeing the first few epi's of the show first before deciding to read the books and nope, could not do it.. the characters in the books didn't stand up to the likes of Damon and Stephan on tv

Monica~ lovely weekend!! I love weekends that ebb & flow naturally. Cruise sounds like so much fun, I'm jealous. I would LOVE to do a cruise to Alaska, I've always wanted to visit there. RE: family stuff...I had to learn how to be a fighter at a very young age..and a survivor.. I'm actually thankful in a small way to have had the experience because it carried me through the last 3 years when I didn't think I could manage..I proved that I am WAY stronger than I ever imagined and no one is going to stomp on me EVER AGAIN. I actually think now, my family is afraid of me!

Tami~ proud mama! Your DS knows where the love is and I love that he comes to you in a time of need. That is proving more and more with my 20yo too..he amazes me every day..hard to believe he'll be 21 in Nov DH & I are planning a trip to Vegas for him, ....I think! Proud of you and that scale face-off! Go you!!!!
-------------

Had a wonderful day out with DH yesterday.. shopping and lunch and then dinner out. I got some new undies and a few clothing pieces.. I am in a new size!! 1 size down. I was actually never so relieved to be in the smaller size, my clothes has been quite baggy for some time and it was getting very uncomfortable...not to mention that it isn't very flattering

Dinner I was a good girl, stayed away from the beer but did have tortilla chips. Ooops. I was only up .2 this morning and I know it's because I didn't have enough water all day..not nearly enough whatsoever. Today is more running around while the girls are in school and laundry...the laundry that I didn't do this weekend!
Old 04-08-2013, 10:32 AM   #147
Major LCF Poster!

WooHoo to smaller sizes! That's awesome Danielle!
Old 04-08-2013, 11:07 AM   #148
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning, everyone!!

I'm happy to see I've already got customers for my new novels! You guys can definitely have them first before they get officially released. Ooh, they are going to be good, too.

Tami, I wonder if you're not sensitive to MSG? Your reaction to the wings made me think maybe so. Good job on the new pound loss!!

I'm so glad that those of us here who had parents who were -- LESS than they should have been, shall we say? Kindly? -- have been able to take back the rest of our lives and have happy families ourselves. With boundaries. They may have messed up the early years for us, but we're enjoying the rest of our years! At least, that's how I look at it.

That exchange with your son - beautiful. That's the stuff that lets us know we did okay bringing them up, huh?

Danielle, good for you for scaring the crap out of them. They're really going to be mad as you get thinner, aren't they? Hehe. Too bad.

Liz, the farm sounds beautiful. I'd love to see pictures of it. I don't understand, though: tobacco wood? How does that work?

Me... well, I'm so glad the kid is back at school today. I love him dearly, but he has been getting on my last good nerve because he's bored and wants to be back at school. Now he's got his wish.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks he's cute. Thank you, I have been so blessed with him. We're perfect for each other.

On the publishing front: it's heating up. My attorney is hashing out the details of exactly what I expect in the next edition, and one of the things I'm demanding (now that he's nudged me in that direction ) is that I be able to use the material from the EV battery chapter on my website. He recommended I demand a lump sum instead of royalties to let them use that chapter next time. It's nitty-gritty time! Love it.

Now, to turn the screws for the other part of the question - compensation for all the other website content borrowed without my permission!

I feel very lucky to have found such a good attorney. I'm getting quite an education in the modern word publishing business in the process.

Back to work for me, then. Happy Monday!!

Lynne

P.S. Monica, your cruise sounds fabulous!
Old 04-08-2013, 11:08 AM   #149

Liz - the farm sounds amazing. I am sure the kids and DH loved ATVing. I know mine would.

Tami - how sweet of your son. I hate that his girl friends mom let loose on her in front of him. Sometimes I think ADULTS just need to Grow Up! So glad it made him realize that he has a great Mom (since he obviously does). I love it when they acknowledge what all we do and how great they have / had it!

D - sounds like you had a great weekend too! So glad to hear it. Your kids are also lucky to have you
Old 04-08-2013, 11:11 AM   #150

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynne2u View Post
I'm happy to see I've already got customers for my new novels! You guys can definitely have them first before they get officially released. Ooh, they are going to be good, too.

OH WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!! I will want mine SIgned too! Just so I can state that I know the WORLD WINNING AUTHOR! Then when the series goes to the big screen you will have to have us all there with you for the Premiere!!!!!!!!! I love it!!!!

Add me to the list of Vampire Diaries fans. A friend told me the books were crap compared, so I never read them. Me loves me some Damon!

I have read Twilight Series, Drake Chronicles Series, Sookie Stackhouse Series, Morganville Vampire Series.....so see, I am a bit addicted!