Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2013, 09:16 AM   #91
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Thanks Danielle. That's the plan anyway. My mom and I are leaving here the week of the 14th, so hope the little stinker doesn't arrive early! We can stay as long as we want, but really can't leave until after the 10th. Glad you had a good day yesterday. I'm sure you'll follow it up with another and another and... I can't do the choc bark either. I think a better quality cocoa powder my help? That's what I'm hoping anyway. I do love the pb version, though so haven't worried about venturing out.

Lynne, love that quote. You do need a vacation! So glad the publishing company is finally making a move! Will keep my fingers crossed that it truly is an offer you can't refuse! Poor Gavin with puke in his shoes... awww. Glad you were able to go rescue him asap

Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2013, 09:17 AM   #92
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynne2u View Post
OMG, this child is going to be SO spoiled.
YEP! Between his 18 year old sister, his daddy who's never had a baby, and me all feeling empty nest-ish and itching for a baby to spoil... yep yep yep... he doesn't stand a chance! lol
misscobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:56 AM   #93
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lize636
Stats: 225/172/155
WOE: LC
Start Date: Nov 2009, restart March 2013
Quote:
Good morning everyone!!

Sorry I've been MIA, and welcome to our little group, Liz! Gavin came home sick from school yesterday (barf in shoes, if that tells you anything ), so I was on emergency mom duty.

I loved hearing everyone's stories! And happy anniversary Monica (Friday) and Danielle (Tuesday)! Tami, I remember vividly the end of my pregnancy and how GLAD I was going to be to get it over with. And...then the 24/7 work starts. She's so lucky to have you there with her.

My story: I'm a writer and a single mom with an 8-yr-old who has Down Syndrome. He's the great love of my life. I low-carbed for 2 years and got stuck at 215 though I could eat as much as I wanted and not gain any weight and my labs were perfect...I decided to try intermittent fasting.

Last year I used a fast-five/Atkins hybrid for the first challenge, and also put some distance between my toxic relatives and myself and lost down to 180. I switched to JUDDD after that and lost slower, but there was something very good about it so I persisted.

Then life started to get kind of crazy stressful and (intermittent) fasting became too much stress on top of that, so I've been relaxing lately. Unfortunately, I can't relax and also lose weight. So I'm determined to hang on by whatever thread I can until life gives me a break and I can continue with my plan!

Among other things, I'm embroiled in a copyright infringement action with McGraw-Hill, who published a bunch of my work without my permission in February. They are supposed to be making me an offer I can't refuse today.

I think I need a vacation.

Happy Thursday, ladies!!

Lynne

P.S. From Laozi (6th century BC China): "The teaching that is without words, the gain that is to be had from letting all things take their course: these surpass the understanding of all but a very few."

Thanks again everyone for the warm welcome!!

Pregnancy for me was my favorite part...guess I had it easy. I miss it often and then I remember how hard raising children are!! My 2 girls keep me busy between sports and Girl Scouts and everything else in between. Couldn't imagine starting all over again. But I am still young I have time to change my mind.

Sorry to hear about Gavin being sick and hope everyone is back to normal ASAP!

Writer!! - I hope my lack of grammar and horrible spelling doesn't drive you to crazy. I never have been good at it. So sorry in advance.

I hope your settlement goes well...what kind of stuff do you write?

What kind of fasting are you doing?

Slimmer by Summer Challenge 225/190/?
Awesome by Autumn Challenge 193/176/180
Sexier for Santa 176/174/164
Spring Fling 185/172/165
Lize636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:39 AM   #94
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Among other things, I'm embroiled in a copyright infringement action with McGraw-Hill, who published a bunch of my work without my permission in February. They are supposed to be making me an offer I can't refuse today.
Post what the offer is as soon as you know it! Those LOSERS need to PAY UP and BIG TIME!!!!!! I am so happy this may be ending for you!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:41 AM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by misscobi View Post
YEP! Between his 18 year old sister, his daddy who's never had a baby, and me all feeling empty nest-ish and itching for a baby to spoil... yep yep yep... he doesn't stand a chance! lol
What are they going to name him??? CHAMPION??? KIDDING!
Old 04-04-2013, 11:46 AM   #96

Liz - YOU are young! When I had my daughter I was 31 and knew I was DONE! DH had the BIG V when she was 4 month old. I am THANKFUL. I didn't enjoy pregnancy and both births were tough. My son I labored with for over 40+ hours to then finally get a C-section. Poor kid, had a HUGE head and no matter how big I was, he wasn't going through. My daugther was born 3 1/2 weeks early on 10/11 - VBAC naturally delivery. I had contractions almost constantly from July on. At my check up in July I was already dilated to a 2 and only went further from there. I was on those awful contraction stopping pills on an as needed basis and on 10/5 I was at the hospital dilated to a 5 and they sent me Home. I cried all night that night! It's funny now, it was NOT then! I knew right then that CHILD BIRTH was not something I DID RIGHT! I told DH that night, whatever this is, we are DONE! Boy/Girl otherwise...DONE. I stuck to that. BOth were dream babies, but I was DONE!

WAY TOO MUCH INFO, right???

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rt-2-a-18.html
Old 04-04-2013, 11:48 AM   #97

Lynne - I hope Gavin is feeling better!!!
Old 04-04-2013, 12:22 PM   #98
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
Liz - YOU are young! When I had my daughter I was 31 and knew I was DONE! DH had the BIG V when she was 4 month old. I am THANKFUL. I didn't enjoy pregnancy and both births were tough. My son I labored with for over 40+ hours to then finally get a C-section. Poor kid, had a HUGE head and no matter how big I was, he wasn't going through. My daugther was born 3 1/2 weeks early on 10/11 - VBAC naturally delivery. I had contractions almost constantly from July on. At my check up in July I was already dilated to a 2 and only went further from there. I was on those awful contraction stopping pills on an as needed basis and on 10/5 I was at the hospital dilated to a 5 and they sent me Home. I cried all night that night! It's funny now, it was NOT then! I knew right then that CHILD BIRTH was not something I DID RIGHT! I told DH that night, whatever this is, we are DONE! Boy/Girl otherwise...DONE. I stuck to that. BOth were dream babies, but I was DONE!

WAY TOO MUCH INFO, right???

No not at all I love sharing stories! Both my girls were born vaginally with no complications (although I did push for ever with my first and they had to use a vacuum to assist) My oldest was born right on time and my second was a little after my due date but not far off.... had nice healthy 8lbs 11oz babies and worked until I delivered and they were both born on a Sat just 2 years and 3 months apart....not sure how I planned that one. I think if I had half the problems some women do during pregnancy I wouldn't want more either! I have seriously thought about being a sergeant, since my pregnancies were so smooth, maybe one day.
Old 04-04-2013, 12:48 PM   #99
Major LCF Poster!

Monica, your son's delivery sounds like my first son's. What a nightmare. My water had broke 3 days prior, but because his big 'ole head blocked the cervix as soon as it broke they determined that it was my imagination and sent me home. 3 days later and after being in labor for about 30 hours I was running a temp of 107 (uh huh). I had an infection from my water breaking 3 days prior and was just so sick. I couldn't feel contractions through the chills. They eventually decided to do a c-section. My 10lb 7oz, 23.5" long kiddo came out with a 103 degree temp and was taken straight to NICU and started on antibiotics, etc. just in case. Turns out he was fine, thank God, and was just hot from being inside of me. I had a nightmare of a recovery since I was so sick on top of surgery, etc. Ugh. With my second son we did an ultrasound 2 weeks before his due date and figured out he was already bigger than the ultrasound machine would measure so did elective c-section a week later (thus a week early). He was *only* 9lbs 3oz, though. lol Recovery was so much easier. What memories. lol

Oh, and I know you were kidding, but the little Champion's name will be Kellan

Last edited by misscobi; 04-04-2013 at 12:50 PM..
Old 04-04-2013, 01:37 PM   #100

Liz - you are a special person if you do seragate. I am not sure I could part with one if I held it inside for 9 months! You are one special gal!

Tami - what a nightmare! I am so sorry you had such a hard time with your first! OH I love that name TAMI! Kellan, he already sounds PERFECT!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-04-2013, 01:44 PM   #101
Major LCF Poster!

I'm just glad my son was fine. Lots of bad stuff could have happened in that scenario and I've heard of other parents who were no where near as lucky

And of course he sounds perfect, cause he *is* perfect My sis is a little worried. Her oldest has cerebral palsy plus she's older now, but so far everything seems perfectly fine. Can't wait to meet him!
Old 04-04-2013, 02:41 PM   #102
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Wow Tami, your sis is like my mom LOL My youngest sister is 20 years younger than me.. very interesting dynamic for sure!! Very lucky lil baby with all those people waiting to smooch him!
Serious drama with your firstborn! My middle one, her head was ginormous! I was a week overdue, had gone to the doctor one morning, no changes, sent home..3am my water breaks and off we go.. By 6pm that night nothing still was happening despite being put on oxytocin for hours.. finally ended up with a c-section. Dr said no way was her head gonna pass! Shoulda seen the nurses when i came out of recovery..all saying oh honey be glad you didn't have to pass her, she's beautiful and all, but man! All 3 of mine were c-sections.. DS20 I was on complete bedrest with him from the end of my 1st trimester as I was already dialating. Fun times!!
By the time we had DD16 the doc just asked when to pencil in surgery HA! My first and second kiddos are 21 months apart and the second and the third
are 23 months and a week apart.. my due date was the same for both

Lynne~ sorry to hear about the kiddo the throwing up thing is so traumatic at least it is for me Glad things are rolling with the writing thing, they need to pay up BIG! Love the quote!!

Liz~ I had my 3 at ages 23, 25 & 27 so we're sitting kinda around the same age with the kids..Ohhh to be 20-something again! Suddenly I feel very old!

I'm the oldest here and probably act the most juvenile so brace yourself, Liz! The other girls are used to it by now!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 02:52 PM   #103
Major LCF Poster!

LOL Danielle... you're the oldest by what, months at most? I'll be 43 in September. What is it with those kids and their big heads? lol I was still fighting the c-section even being so sick, then they weighed him and I was like, 'ok, I'm good with the c-section!' Yeah, there was just no way he was coming out. Doc said if we could have gotten his head out they would have had to break his clavicle to get his shoulders through. He was a brute from day 1. I looked over shortly after his birth and the nurses were just giggling up a storm as they turned him and his 'little' foot from side to side trying to fit it in the little box for his footprint. It's diagonal and still outside the box. lol He was a hoot in NICU with all of the premies. Yeah, nightmare, but one that turned out ok
Old 04-04-2013, 03:12 PM   #104
Blabbermouth!!!

.....and I'll be 44 in September!

All mine were close to 9 pounders... funnily DD16 has a bit of a strange Asian look to her.. when she was born the nurses would quietly doubletake our wristbands to make sure the right baby was in there...Hilarious!! She is super fair skinned and had jet-black hair..which has lightened to a pretty auburn-y brown in her teenage years.. I used to call her Snow White til she was like 3
Old 04-04-2013, 03:25 PM   #105
Major LCF Poster!

Ok ok you're exactly a year older than me! lol I bet your daughter was/is gorgeous! Too funny about the nurses!
Old 04-04-2013, 03:54 PM   #106
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/210/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Quote:
Post what the offer is as soon as you know it! Those LOSERS need to PAY UP and BIG TIME!!!!!! I am so happy this may be ending for you!
They just offered $5000, with a little flexibility upward. Because royalties are so small they can't justify more. Probably should have thought of that before they stole 60K worth of somebody else's work, huh?

Sigh. Attorney says we'll have to push them for more, meaning "file", I suppose. I was hoping to avoid that.

Lynne
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:57 PM   #107
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/210/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
I'm the oldest here and probably act the most juvenile so brace yourself, Liz! The other girls are used to it by now!
Are you? I thought I was the oldest. I just turned 45. Birthday up, everyone!
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 05:47 PM   #108
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
They just offered $5000, with a little flexibility upward. Because royalties are so small they can't justify more. Probably should have thought of that before they stole 60K worth of somebody else's work, huh?

Sigh. Attorney says we'll have to push them for more, meaning "file", I suppose. I was hoping to avoid that.

Lynne
Ugh... and that was supposed to be the offer you couldn't refuse? I'm sorry, Lynne.
Old 04-05-2013, 05:43 AM   #109

Tami
Quote:
I'll be 43 in September
Danielle
Quote:
.....and I'll be 44 in September!
I too have a September birthday and I will be 43! How funny is that??? The 3 of us all close in age.
Old 04-05-2013, 05:46 AM   #110

Lynne, CRAPTASTIC offer ! Sorry you are still having to MESS with this! That stinks!

When is your birthday girl??? We are all really close in age! How interesting is that.

and NOW we have LIZ, she's the baby of our group! Liz girl, how are things going???? We can all live through you and your YOUTH!

Last edited by zipp2play; 04-05-2013 at 05:53 AM..
Old 04-05-2013, 05:52 AM   #111

Yesterday was a good UD for me. So far, this DD is going well....but it isn't even 8:00 a.m. yet! Dh last night mentioned going out to dinner today for our anniversary. I said, REALLY on a DD?? I told him, we can go, but I won't eat much....he said better to wait! I agree.

Plans for the weekend girls?

Last night I joined a book club. We chose Bossy Pants as our first book. WE actually were deciding between 5 suggestions, finally wrote them down and pulled name out of the bowl. I look on Barnes Noble last night and it was $7.99 for Nook, today when I went to buy it, it was $3.99! LOVE THAT!!!!!!!

Tonight we are hanging at the house. I am thinking of watching a movie. (although I need to finish the current book I am reading so I can start Bossy Pants). I think we have Trouble with the Curve and Taken 2 at home. I will see what Dh wants to watch.

Tomorrow I am taking a bunch of kids to see Jurassic Park in 3D. I loved that movie back when it came out a MILLION years ago. Was thrilled everyone was interested in seeing it. Then tomorrow night we are having a bunch of people over for dinner/drinks. Might play games, not sure.

Sunday will be church/SS and H has softball practice and T has youth group! I will have laundry and such to do!
Old 04-05-2013, 07:51 AM   #112
Senior LCF Member

Lynne- I am so sorry to hear about the crappy offer! I hope this works out for you in the end. You deserve way more then what they are offering.

D- I am a 28 year old that acts like I am much older!! I have always been told I am wise beyond my years. lol what they really mean is I act like an old lady

Tami - the name Kellan reminds me of a book I read "Thoughtless" He was a very attractive man!!! Funny how we associate names with books or movies. Very cute name.

Monica- I dont mind being the baby of the group as long as you promise to tell me when I am acting like one!!!

Nothing exciting to talk about over here....got on the scale and I still have 1lbs to loose to get back to my signature weight. I have been taking the pills I talked about nothing exciting going on with them...they do help me feel fuller so I eat less which is good. Dinner last night was steak umms and Swiss cheese. I have really slacked on the cooking lately ...the kids eat dinner at my mother in laws (she watches them while we work) so I can get away with it if I let myself.

What is everyone go to easy meal?? mine would have to be chicken wings
Old 04-05-2013, 08:32 AM   #113
Major LCF Poster!

Ok, ok, what day are all of these birthdays in September? Mine's the 26th. Funny that we're even the same year, Monica

Monica, great response by hubby! You've trained him well. hehe. Great deal on the book! Cool! Love love love that you're taking a bunch of kids to see Jurrasic Park 3D. How fun! I really do miss that kind of stuff... very rarely can I wrangle my kids into doing something like that anymore and even then it's usually one or the other unless it's a holiday. lol. What a fun, busy weekend. Love it. This weekend will be all about making sure my van is ready for the drive to Idaho. Hubs is putting new tires on it tomorrow and it has a small coolant leak he needs to figure out. Hoping it's a hose & nothing major, but whatever it is I'm not driving it 14 hours each way with it leaking even a tiny bit, cause with my luck that tiny bit will totally blow out or something on the way. lol I'm going to start 'loosely' packing... in other words as I do laundry I'll start putting stuff in the suitcase instead of putting it away. lol Not as much fun as your weekend at all! lol

Liz, I think because I had kids young I always felt & acted older, too. I got along really well with the more mature moms at school & sports. I still do, actually Interesting on the name! I have never heard it anywhere and really don't know how she came up with it, but I do think it's cute. Omg, I love wings, but I don't make them at home often. Our local Wingstop restaurant just up and closed last week. No sign, no warning, no nothing. I'm thinking it's a good thing as I could eat them every day. My easy go to meal to make at home lately is nearly any protein with those pre-made salad in a tub. Last night it was hamburger patties & mixed greens w/ some shredded cheese, chopped onion, and sliced almonds nearly drown in ranch. lol It was yummy and satisfying.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:43 AM   #114
Blabbermouth!!!

TGIF!

Ok, so Lynne is about a year older than me...but I'm dang close!

Mine's the 2nd. Seems those b-days come faster and faster every year!

Tami~ when I heard you mention the name Kellan, my first thought was Kellan Lutz from Twilight fame. He is from here & went to the high school my kids go to. He's a cutie patootie!
Your drive to Idaho sounds like our drive to San Francisco. Long long drive!

How your Wingstop just up and closed, our Buffalo Wild Wings did the exact same.. here today gone tomorrow.. was my most fave place to have wings & beer on a Sunday afternoon. Talk about being devastated! LOL

Liz~ I spent many years being too serious and not being myself so the last few years I've unleashed the real me..the fun loving, where's the party, girl! Having kids young got me serious quickly and now we're nearly empty nesters! Oh, and I guess the fact that my hubby is nearly 4 years younger than me keeps me young, too! He was barely 20 when we got together! He's barely turning 40 in a coupla weeks.

You'll be back to sig weight before ya know it!

Monica~ sounds like a great weekend! Nobody here has any interest in seeing Jurassic Park again..kinda a bummer for me! The first time that was in the theater, DH had taken me to see that on a date
-----------------

This weekend is catch up on housework..boo! Sunday DH is off so we're going shopping while the girls are both working and then he's taking me to dinner for our anniversary.

I weighed today..still up I thought maybe by this weekend I'd be back to the 20's.. nope! Ah well..

BAck on the supps as of yesterday and already feel a great difference. Must keep remember how good I start to feel when i'm doing everything I need to!!

Last edited by DesertGurl; 04-05-2013 at 09:44 AM..
Old 04-05-2013, 11:27 AM   #115

Quote:
Ok, ok, what day are all of these birthdays in September? Mine's the 26th. Funny that we're even the same year, Monica

I got along really well with the more mature moms at school & sports. I still do, actually .
what a very nice way to put the OLD MOM's!!!!!!!!!! I'm an OLD Mom! 42 and I still have an 11 year old!

My birthday is the 5th, always right around Labor Day!

Last edited by zipp2play; 04-05-2013 at 11:33 AM..
Old 04-05-2013, 11:32 AM   #116

Liz - You could never ACT like a Baby. That's what we have Danielle for. SHe does things at our age I am always like....HOW do you do that girl? I wouldn't be able to function if I did! (LOVE YOU D!)

Tami - you know what's funn about the movie tomorrow. One of the "kids" I am taking is our Little Brother thru Big Bro/Big Sis. We have been matched up with him for almost 15 years now. Of coarse, he is like 24 now, so it isn't through the organization anymore. And calling him our Little Bro is strange now. He is 23 I think (24 in July) and he is 6'4", there is NOTHING little about him. When I mentioned to him we were seeing this movie, he was all over it. He has always been willing to watch whatever movie I mention, ALWAYS!

D - Housework?? YUCK ! It's a chore I hate. WE deep cleaned last Thursday, so we should be good till early next week. This weekend, all about FUN! Oh and Laundry! which is SO not fun!
Old 04-05-2013, 12:51 PM   #117
Major LCF Poster!

Danielle, Kellan Lutz, huh... yummy... I've always been a sucker for dimples!

Yep, long drive, but the logistics of getting my mom on a plane are just beyond me.... I was so tempted to just buy my ticket and call it done this week, but I really don't mind long drives at all. I should be able to be on I5(major freeway) while it's still dark out and then do all of the sketchy, deer laden, mountain stuff during daylight, so shouldn't be too bad. Our closest Buffalo Wild Wings is about a half hour a way... but so is the nearest Wingstop now. So sad. smh. Bummer about the scale. I was hoping for a loss today, but nope. Somewhat happily hanging at 194. Hope you have a wonderful Anniversary! <3

Monica, you are not an old mom! I just got a jump start on ya. lol How cool about your 'little brother'. I think you guys are an awesome family and I bet he still benefits from your loving support. Very cool indeed.
Old 04-05-2013, 01:30 PM   #118
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Liz - You could never ACT like a Baby. That's what we have Danielle for. SHe does things at our age I am always like....HOW do you do that girl? I wouldn't be able to function if I did! (LOVE YOU D!)
Tami - you know what's funn about the movie tomorrow. One of the "kids" I am taking is our Little Brother thru Big Bro/Big Sis. We have been matched up with him for almost 15 years now. Of coarse, he is like 24 now, so it isn't through the organization anymore. And calling him our Little Bro is strange now. He is 23 I think (24 in July) and he is 6'4", there is NOTHING little about him. When I mentioned to him we were seeing this movie, he was all over it. He has always been willing to watch whatever movie I mention, ALWAYS!

D - Housework?? YUCK ! It's a chore I hate. WE deep cleaned last Thursday, so we should be good till early next week. This weekend, all about FUN! Oh and Laundry! which is SO not fun!
I honestly do not feel my age. At all. I think of all the time I wasted and I'm done waiting.. My kiddos get a kick out of it and their friends are totally jealous Going into the 2nd phase of my life with a bang and a sparkle! Yep, that's me!!

And Liz, Monica beat me too it..I was gonna tell you you didn't have to fear acting like a baby because I'll probably do enough for all of us!

Quote:
Danielle, Kellan Lutz, huh... yummy... I've always been a sucker for dimples!

Yep, long drive, but the logistics of getting my mom on a plane are just beyond me.... I was so tempted to just buy my ticket and call it done this week, but I really don't mind long drives at all. I should be able to be on I5(major freeway) while it's still dark out and then do all of the sketchy, deer laden, mountain stuff during daylight, so shouldn't be too bad. Our closest Buffalo Wild Wings is about a half hour a way... but so is the nearest Wingstop now. So sad. smh. Bummer about the scale. I was hoping for a loss today, but nope. Somewhat happily hanging at 194. Hope you have a wonderful Anniversary! <3

Monica, you are not an old mom! I just got a jump start on ya. lol How cool about your 'little brother'. I think you guys are an awesome family and I bet he still benefits from your loving support. Very cool indeed.
Sounds like your mom and my husband need to share the road and we'll take a plane! He hates to fly and needs to be tranquilized..LOL

I dunno about you, but the idea of having little ones in my 40's just makes me ....like Halle Berry who is now preggers....at 46..
Old 04-05-2013, 01:40 PM   #119
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
I dunno about you, but the idea of having little ones in my 40's just makes me ....like Halle Berry who is now preggers....at 46..
I'm soooo with you there! Scary stuff! I mean I truly do adore children, but I'll be quite happy spoiling the nephew & eventually (WAY down the road) grandchildren

Too funny about your husband. My mom, at 68 has never flown. She has some disabilities and is a large woman herself. I actually got her to consider flying, but when we started talking about needing an extra seat and packing disability aids and all of the 'stuff' she needs to function, it just became too much. It'll all fit in my van with no hassles at the airport. Hope my sis is ready for the invasion of 'stuff'. lol
Old 04-05-2013, 01:52 PM   #120
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I'm soooo with you there! Scary stuff! I mean I truly do adore children, but I'll be quite happy spoiling the nephew & eventually (WAY down the road) grandchildren

Too funny about your husband. My mom, at 68 has never flown. She has some disabilities and is a large woman herself. I actually got her to consider flying, but when we started talking about needing an extra seat and packing disability aids and all of the 'stuff' she needs to function, it just became too much. It'll all fit in my van with no hassles at the airport. Hope my sis is ready for the invasion of 'stuff'. lol
Ugh, no thanks! I had my babies as early as I did and as close as we did, on purpose. I did not want little ones while in my later years..like my parents.. No thanks!!!

Hubby has to fly to TX at the end of the month for a training thing for work.. he is not amused about having to fly Poor guy, I think if he could figure out a way, he'd drive!

I absolutely hate flying. Not because of being afraid to be up in the air..quite the opposite, I love it.. I hate dealing with all the security and the hassle of just feeling absolutely crowded all the time.. I'd rather drive any where..when we did SF last March we had an absolute blast. Lookin forward to LA in a few months!