Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2013, 12:14 PM   #61
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Just so freakin perplexed why I'd allow myself to backtrack. I wish I could erase that feeling where we decide it's ok to feel that celebratory mode of "eat whatever cause it's X" <<fill in the blank<<..

Now I'm sure the scale will stay "up" for several days to kindly repay me for my indiscretions so I'll stay off for a bit.. good grief.

I wish I hated chocolate and french fries as much as I hate brussel sprouts and seafood..life would be so much simpler
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2013, 12:42 PM   #62
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
I know I've been a lot worse about 'celebratory mode' this time around than I've ever been when dieting before. I honestly don't know why. Sometimes I think it's ok and that if I'm going to be eating this way for life I need to learn how to eat off plan when I really want to and get right back to it... and other times I think I could be done by now! Argh. Sigh... anyway... right there with ya' girl. My staying on plan this week was preceded by me eating off plan last week while I was out of town, so just couldn't let myself do 2 weeks in a row when my weight hasn't even recovered from the last slip up.
Old 04-01-2013, 01:22 PM   #63
Big Yapper!!!!

I think it has to do with the "off limits" idea with lc..at least for me... when I was following JUDDD and eating whatever I wanted so much stuff held very little appeal to me. Very frustrating to me! It's like I damned if I do, damned if I don't.

Kinda in a blah mood today.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:40 AM   #64
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
You will get back into the swing of it soon girl, I just know it.

Yesterday's DD turned into more of a MID Day! But today will be right in line and then tomorrow will be a really successful DD! Not sure what happened yesterday. I think I'm just a mess right now!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:55 AM   #65
Major LCF Poster!

That could be it, Danielle. Though I've eaten this way (off & on) for so long that I really don't think about the deprived bit too much. Mexican food is definitely my downfall, though. I'm tired of fajita guts. lol Hope the mood is better today!

Monica, sorry you had a rough DD. I'm sure today & tomorrow will be better.

Lynne, where are you girl? Hope all is well with you and your little man!

Got my walk in yesterday. I know I'm making it more of a struggle than it is and that's just silly. I have a decently safe place to walk, the sun was out, it's only 45 minutes or so... really shouldn't be something I totally drag my feet over! Forgot to get on the scale this morning, so nothing to report there.
misscobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:37 AM   #66
Big Yapper!!!!

Tami~
No scale report here either. I am staying far far away for a while.

Definitely relate on the Mexican food thing..my most favorite and I, too, am tired of "guts".. *yawn*

There is a definite commitment thing with lc and sometimes I feel like I'm missing that gene. Mine has been replaced with a big ole giant REBEL one, I think. I laugh, but seriously, if it meant I actually got to goal I'd trade mine in in a heartbeat!

Went to bed fairly early last night..had this feeling of nausea that I couldn't shake. Thankfully nothing came of it and I got a little sleep..

You are so right about the exercise! It's mere minutes in the grand scheme of things and you'd think I was being led off to slaughter or something. Sheesh, drama queen anyone????

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 04-02-2013, 11:12 AM   #67
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/207/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet/JUDDD/no sugar
Good morning everyone!!

I'm here, I'm here...I've just been transitioning from spring break back to school mode. There's a lot of stuff to take care of, and I'm temporarily swamped. My little precious was starting to drive me NUTS.

I had to go to Salem yesterday to the Social Security office. It's 100 mile round trip, and they couldn't change my son's payee from my husband to me unless they saw me in person! So there went 3 hours of the day.

It's started to rain here again after being summer-sunny all weekend. Oh well.

Nothing else to report. I'm still fasting intermittently and walking a lot. I haven't baked anything lately, does that count as a victory?

Back to work...I'm way behind. Sigh.

Happy Tuesday!!
Lynne

Carbohydrate Addict's Diet. Hopefully.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:25 PM   #68

Tami - good job on your walk girl. Enjoy the weather, listen to tunes, something to get you interested in getting out there!

D - taking a break from the scale is a great plan. I too LOVE mexican. Chips, guac, cheese, you name it! I it all!

Lynne - not baking means not eating it! VICTORY INDEED!!!!!!!!! Have a great day!
Old 04-02-2013, 02:53 PM   #69
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
You are so right about the exercise! It's mere minutes in the grand scheme of things and you'd think I was being led off to slaughter or something. Sheesh, drama queen anyone????
This is me totally... and heaven forbid I leave my tennis shoes upstairs... nope, nevermind, may as well wait til tomorrow... forget the fact that I'll go up and down the stairs for pretty much anything else! lol While I was fighting with myself my son needed something from my room so I asked him to bring my shoes & socks downstairs... omg, seriously... but it worked and I got my butt out the door. Still

Nice to 'see' you, Lynne! Glad Gavin's back in school I remember how much I loved having them home & how glad I was when they went back to school. Totally get it! Great job not baking!
Old 04-03-2013, 06:48 AM   #70

Tami - sounds like you figured out a new way to get it done! I too was glad when Spring Break was done. We stay up later when the kids are home and up later. I am a MOMMA that needs SLEEP! Summer break just about KILLS me. Especially when both kids were in sports. Late night games! Thankfully T doesn't do sports anymore. He wants to 100% focus on his Vet Clinic Job! At 14 I am very proud of him. H, she is still in the sports. She is the softball and volleyball Queen!

It's Wednesday ladies. It's a DD for me. Yesterday's Up day was perfect. 1870c which is 30 under. I don't think I have come in UNDER in weeks! Baby steps! Right???

Monica -Come see my journey!
Old 04-03-2013, 07:49 AM   #71
Major LCF Poster!

Monica, yes it got the job done, but still just seems so silly to me. I have my walking shoes and socks on this morning. Once all of the morning routine stuff is done I'll boot my butt out the door again Awesome job on the UD! Good luck with today's DD!

Scale was really close to 194 this morning, but not quite. Hope it continues to move in the coming days!
Old 04-03-2013, 10:58 AM   #72
Big Yapper!!!!

Yesterday was a hectic day of running errands and the girls.. I ate probably medium'ish carb intake.. and definitely too many fig newtons. Love those things!

Flip-flopped back & forth yesterday about the direction I want to take with dieting. DH thinks I need to take a break from everything, but I honestly think he's reached his own frustration level with me. Heck, I'd be frustrated watching me yo-yo too! The idea is enticing to just not be freaking out about it anymore for awhile, but in the end, I know that I need to do this for myself. I want to do this to feel better!

Soooooo, picking up my sorry excuse of an @$$ and moving forward. Gotta make this work!

Tami~ so proud of you for making the effort to get out and walk. I need to truly follow that lead and get it done!

Monica~ summer's are loonnnnngggg when the kiddos are home! This year will be the first time ever where I won't have even "the baby" layin around driving me bananas..DD16 will be working as well as her social calander ramping up. Right now DH & I get glimpses of what it will be like in another year..when DD16 picks up a work shift mid-week and DD18 is out..SO WEIRD! I don't even know how to cook for 2 people. We usually end up going out to eat instead

Welp, I'm off to clean my kitchen and contemplate the possibility of some pb bark so I can get my fat intake going!

Have a great day lovlies!
Old 04-03-2013, 12:04 PM   #73
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lize636
Stats: 225/186/155
WOE: LC
Start Date: Nov 2009, restart March 2013
Hello Ladies!! I am hoping to join in on your Slimmer by Summer Challenge if you dont mind???
Lize636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:23 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lize636 View Post
Hello Ladies!! I am hoping to join in on your Slimmer by Summer Challenge if you dont mind???
Liz, we would love having you! We are a bunch that talks about eating and life and everything in between! Any WOE is accepted here. to our wonderful little group.

I am a 42 year old Mom of 2. Teen boy and preteen girl. Married to DH for 16 years (as of Friday). Struggled my entire life with eating/weight issues. In 2002 I buckled down and did LC with 45+ pounds loss success. Over the years I gained about 20 of that back. I am almost back down to my goal weight. I follow JUDDD and I love it. It's not for everyone! Tell us about yourself!
Old 04-03-2013, 12:24 PM   #75

Tami - do tell.....did you get your walk in????

D - I can't even wrap my head around no kids at home. It really scares me. What will DH and I do on our own??? We will be bore out of our mind, especially if they kids go to college and then move somewhere else besides here!!!!!! SCARY!
Old 04-03-2013, 12:36 PM   #76
Senior LCF Member

Thanks!!

I am a 28 year old mother of 2 sweet little girls (Carley 4 and Maddie 6). I have been married for 5 years to my hubby together for 10.

I lost 75 lbs doing low carbs in the past and sadly have gained most of it back!! I go back and forth from being ok with who I am fat and all to feeling so uncomfortable in my own skin.

I made the choice in March to get this weight off! I have been back at low carbs for 4 weeks now. I lost 14lbs so far. I cheated on Easter and I refuse to get on the scale until Friday. I have been sulking and beating myself up the past two days over my cheat. I just need to get over it and move on! I hope everyone had a great holiday! I look forward to reading everyone's posts and cheering each other on.

Old 04-03-2013, 01:29 PM   #77
Major LCF Poster!

Liz! Huge congrats on those 14 pounds gone! No need to beat yourself up. Easter is in the past and you're back on track now... onward & downward

I'm a 42 year old mom of two 'almost' grown young men. I have a 19 year old & a nearly 21 year old. Talk about scary! It's been a strange transition from super involved sports mom to having lots of time for me! The youngest started community college this past fall and after a 2 year stint away at school the oldest is back and attending cc with his brother for now. A lot of his classes didn't transfer, so he's looking at one more class to be able to transfer to a state college... probably mid year next year? Even though they live with us and we do hand over (way too much) cash at times, I'm trying very hard to let them make their own decisions and find their way. So far... so so... lol. Nothing terrible, they're great kids, just still kids most of the time. I've told them they have all the time in the world to get this figured out as long as there are no dependents in the picture As for weight, at one point in my life I told myself I would absolutely never ever be a yo-yo dieter... well, here I am on my third major weight loss attempt. Hopefully the last one! In 2003 I started low carb and went from 260 to 180... slipped up and had to restart in 2005-2006. Went from 235 to just under 160 that time around and stayed there for a couple of years. I was really comfortable and felt great at 160, but was in a car accident Jan 08 and it all came crashing down... went through depression, the whole 9 yards. Finally back at it again, I restarted for the 3rd time in February of last year and have 35-45 pounds to go. Yeah, that's me in a nutshell

Monica, I did get that walk in. When I started walking consistently I was shooting for anything over 2 miles. If I hadn't hit 2 miles and was getting close to home I'd keep going til I was over. A week or so ago I upped that to 2.5 and have been comfortably doing about 2.75 since. Today I decided to choose a route that should have been just under 3 miles. Holy cow, was I off a bit! It ended up being 3.6 miles! So far I'm ok... knees a little stiff, but nothing major. At least now I know I can walk a 5k

Danielle, it took me a long time to finally get moving consistently. The hardest part is just getting out the door. You can get some shoes on and walk to the door, right? lol It's just a little further beyond that and viola! you're walking! Really, that's all there is to it, but yeah, I also know that it's way more complicated than that in our heads. I know!
Old 04-03-2013, 01:45 PM   #78
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by misscobi View Post
Liz! Huge congrats on those 14 pounds gone! No need to beat yourself up. Easter is in the past and you're back on track now... onward & downward

I'm a 42 year old mom of two 'almost' grown young men. I have a 19 year old & a nearly 21 year old. Talk about scary! It's been a strange transition from super involved sports mom to having lots of time for me! The youngest started community college this past fall and after a 2 year stint away at school the oldest is back and attending cc with his brother for now. A lot of his classes didn't transfer, so he's looking at one more class to be able to transfer to a state college... probably mid year next year? Even though they live with us and we do hand over (way too much) cash at times, I'm trying very hard to let them make their own decisions and find their way. So far... so so... lol. Nothing terrible, they're great kids, just still kids most of the time. I've told them they have all the time in the world to get this figured out as long as there are no dependents in the picture As for weight, at one point in my life I told myself I would absolutely never ever be a yo-yo dieter... well, here I am on my third major weight loss attempt. Hopefully the last one! In 2003 I started low carb and went from 260 to 180... slipped up and had to restart in 2005-2006. Went from 235 to just under 160 that time around and stayed there for a couple of years. I was really comfortable and felt great at 160, but was in a car accident Jan 08 and it all came crashing down... went through depression, the whole 9 yards. Finally back at it again, I restarted for the 3rd time in February of last year and have 35-45 pounds to go. Yeah, that's me in a nutshell

Monica, I did get that walk in. When I started walking consistently I was shooting for anything over 2 miles. If I hadn't hit 2 miles and was getting close to home I'd keep going til I was over. A week or so ago I upped that to 2.5 and have been comfortably doing about 2.75 since. Today I decided to choose a route that should have been just under 3 miles. Holy cow, was I off a bit! It ended up being 3.6 miles! So far I'm ok... knees a little stiff, but nothing major. At least now I know I can walk a 5k

Danielle, it took me a long time to finally get moving consistently. The hardest part is just getting out the door. You can get some shoes on and walk to the door, right? lol It's just a little further beyond that and viola! you're walking! Really, that's all there is to it, but yeah, I also know that it's way more complicated than that in our heads. I know!
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!! I dont even want to think of the day my girls will be grown and starting college because I know it will come way to fast.
I need to get the exercise in too. I tell myself everyday I am gonna do something just have to get up and actually do it. I did get up and take the dog outside to play for a while yesterday, chased him and the girls around the front yard for a bit...that counts right maybe tonight we can go for a walk around the block.
Old 04-03-2013, 04:42 PM   #79
Big Yapper!!!!

Liz~ Welcome! Lovely little group here, I abosolutely love these girls to death. I hope you'll jump in and feel at home here. We're kooky and fun!

I'm 43 and a married mom of 3 big kids 20, 18, 16. I've done Atkins several times before, but last May was the first time I was able to truly work it seriously for over 7months straight. The weight, however, did not move so fast...12lbs in that time frame.. I dove into JUDDD, this time leaving lc behind and only worried about calories.. things went well for a few months and I lost about 13'ish lbs and then nothing...not to mention that I got super sick early December and continued to be sick all the way through mid-March! No joke. After doing some research I realized that I concluded that I have yeast issues and explained alot of the scale problems I had on top of why I had been so sick for so long. With this came the realization that I was going to have to go back to living a low carb lifestyle. It's been close to 2 weeks that I've been back to it and while the scale finally went in the right direction and I started feeling fabulous, for some reason I went off the rails as of last Friday. I'm trying to get back on track as of today, so far so good.
No scale for me at least until this weekend until I can get my act together.

It is a scary strange thought to think of the kiddos growing up. I always used to think I had so much time with mine and in a blink they're all grown up. While I'm sad sometimes about it, I am also truly loving the fact that DH & I are getting ready to embark on the 2nd phase of our life together while I'm still young enough to enjoy it

Tami~ Yeah, I need to just do it without thinking about it so much.. the stupid thing about all of it is that once I get to working out I absolutely love it. I need to just switch off my brain and not allow myself to think so much!

Monica~ my anniversary is next Tuesday
-----------------

So far so good today and I'm staying out of trouble! I just went and looked at my concert tickets and thought about where I want to be by that time. I'm so excited!
Old 04-04-2013, 07:03 AM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lize636 View Post
I cheated on Easter and I refuse to get on the scale until Friday. I have been sulking and beating myself up the past two days over my cheat. I just need to get over it and move on! I hope everyone had a great holiday! I look forward to reading everyone's posts and cheering each other on.
No looking BACK girl, HERE we only LOOK FORWARD
Old 04-04-2013, 07:10 AM   #81

Liz - thrilled to meet you girl. Looks like my two are the closest in age to yours. Tristan is 14 and Haven is 11! The years DO fly by. There are times I am sad and other times I am thrilled! I digress!

Tami - way to get that walk in and 3.6 miles, LOOK AT YOU GO!!!!!!!!!

D - we aren't doing anything for our anniversary. It's #16 for us. What year are you to?I think we will exchange cards and possibly toast with a glass of wine!
Old 04-04-2013, 07:19 AM   #82
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Liz~ Welcome! Lovely little group here, I abosolutely love these girls to death. I hope you'll jump in and feel at home here. We're kooky and fun!

I'm 43 and a married mom of 3 big kids 20, 18, 16. I've done Atkins several times before, but last May was the first time I was able to truly work it seriously for over 7months straight. The weight, however, did not move so fast...12lbs in that time frame.. I dove into JUDDD, this time leaving lc behind and only worried about calories.. things went well for a few months and I lost about 13'ish lbs and then nothing...not to mention that I got super sick early December and continued to be sick all the way through mid-March! No joke. After doing some research I realized that I concluded that I have yeast issues and explained alot of the scale problems I had on top of why I had been so sick for so long. With this came the realization that I was going to have to go back to living a low carb lifestyle. It's been close to 2 weeks that I've been back to it and while the scale finally went in the right direction and I started feeling fabulous, for some reason I went off the rails as of last Friday. I'm trying to get back on track as of today, so far so good.
No scale for me at least until this weekend until I can get my act together.

It is a scary strange thought to think of the kiddos growing up. I always used to think I had so much time with mine and in a blink they're all grown up. While I'm sad sometimes about it, I am also truly loving the fact that DH & I are getting ready to embark on the 2nd phase of our life together while I'm still young enough to enjoy it

Tami~ Yeah, I need to just do it without thinking about it so much.. the stupid thing about all of it is that once I get to working out I absolutely love it. I need to just switch off my brain and not allow myself to think so much!

Monica~ my anniversary is next Tuesday
-----------------

So far so good today and I'm staying out of trouble! I just went and looked at my concert tickets and thought about where I want to be by that time. I'm so excited!
Sorry to hear about you being so sick through the holidays!...but I am glad you figured out the reason.

I try to take it one day at a time with the kids and not rush things along...but I do admit I cant wait until they are old enough to enjoy more time with the hubby. But for now I will enjoy the kiss and snuggles because one day they will be too old for that stuff!!

You will get back in the swing of things in no time!! I know for me I have to be in the right mind frame to do it. Otherwise I am wasting my own time because I will not stick to it long.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:21 AM   #83
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
No looking BACK girl, HERE we only LOOK FORWARD
Forward it is then!!

Has anyone here tried carb blockers? or raspberry ketones? I just started taking a pill that has both of them in it. I hope it helps with the weight loss.... It just isn't coming off the way it did in my first round.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:38 AM   #84
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning girls!

Liz, I haven't tried either. Someone was talking about trying the raspberry ketones, though... was it Lynne or perhaps someone on my great dane group? They get great reviews and I figure it can't hurt?

I'm finally down to siggy weight! Why does this seem to take forever lately? Hopefully I can get down a few more pounds before heading to Idaho for the birth of my nephew in a couple of weeks. I'm going to try to stay on track during the trip, but I'll be staying with my sister & am going to go with the flow. No way I'm imposing on a very pregnant crabby sissy - she's already not sleeping much at all and doctor stopped her from working a few weeks ago so yeah... this is not the happy part of pregnancy other than knowing it'll all be over & so worth it soon. lol
Old 04-04-2013, 09:57 AM   #85

Liz - they don't stay little long. My son T, he is 5'9" and weighs around 220, my daughter H is 5'4" and weighs 120! No more holding them in my lap! but they eat, dress, bathe, get to school, ALL on their own. Homework is even THEIR deal now, not mine! LOVE THAT!

Tami what an exciting trip you have coming up! Is this your sister's first child?
Old 04-04-2013, 10:01 AM   #86
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning Gang!

Liz~ I'm thankful to hopefully found what has kept me so sick. I had been coughing literally for 4 months straight I was ready to try anything! LOL The die off symptoms are completely ick but it's short term.. Now, if I'd have stuck to it diligently and kept up with the supplements the last week I wouldn't have to be reliving some of it again in the coming days.

And BTW, your kids will surprise you by NEVER outgrowing the need to snuggle with their momma..trust me. My 20yo son still comes home and the first night is always a good snuggle with his mom. It's a great time for us to catch up on his busy college life and for me to enjoy him..of course, he's too busy to hold like a 2yo but still! I love it. My girls, well, even being 18 and 16 they are always on me esp the little one..

Monica~This will be 18yrs married, we've been together 20. My P!NK tickets were my anniversary gift! That, plus the weekend we'll be spending away from home that weekend.. It will just be cards and a lil something from me to him.

Tami~ so proud of ya girly! I have no doubt you'll get a few more off before your trip. Ugh, I don't miss those final weeks of pregnancy..good lord, living with an overblown beachball under my shirt was not my idea of fun! How awesome that you get to be there for your sis!

Where is our lovely Lynne! Hope all is well in your world!!
------------------------------

Had a pretty ok day yesterday..wasn't perfect, but much better than the few days prior.. today the goal is to get back on the supps and fly right all the way. I peeked at the scale this morning..not as bad as I feared...couple more days and I should be golden.

I tried making some of the chocolate bark with CO... Too bitter for me and need to find the sweet spot with the sweetener.. I gave up after 2 attempts. I'll tell ya tho, smelled heavenly...like a giant disc of an almond joy! I'm gonna try the pb version tonight after I buy some more pb..I can't wait!

I was so excited yesterday when my package came from the vitamin place I bought some stuff from.. I'd ordered some tea tree oil ointment to use on these scary ick patches of skin I've got going on bc of the yeast.. and the idiots sent me facial cleansing pads. So, had to place another order since DD saw them and decided she was gonna give the face thingy's a whirl
Old 04-04-2013, 10:07 AM   #87
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning everyone!!

Sorry I've been MIA, and welcome to our little group, Liz! Gavin came home sick from school yesterday (barf in shoes, if that tells you anything ), so I was on emergency mom duty.

I loved hearing everyone's stories! And happy anniversary Monica (Friday) and Danielle (Tuesday)! Tami, I remember vividly the end of my pregnancy and how GLAD I was going to be to get it over with. And...then the 24/7 work starts. She's so lucky to have you there with her.

My story: I'm a writer and a single mom with an 8-yr-old who has Down Syndrome. He's the great love of my life. I low-carbed for 2 years and got stuck at 215 though I could eat as much as I wanted and not gain any weight and my labs were perfect...I decided to try intermittent fasting.

Last year I used a fast-five/Atkins hybrid for the first challenge, and also put some distance between my toxic relatives and myself and lost down to 180. I switched to JUDDD after that and lost slower, but there was something very good about it so I persisted.

Then life started to get kind of crazy stressful and (intermittent) fasting became too much stress on top of that, so I've been relaxing lately. Unfortunately, I can't relax and also lose weight. So I'm determined to hang on by whatever thread I can until life gives me a break and I can continue with my plan!

Among other things, I'm embroiled in a copyright infringement action with McGraw-Hill, who published a bunch of my work without my permission in February. They are supposed to be making me an offer I can't refuse today.

I think I need a vacation.

Happy Thursday, ladies!!

Lynne

P.S. From Laozi (6th century BC China): "The teaching that is without words, the gain that is to be had from letting all things take their course: these surpass the understanding of all but a very few."
Old 04-04-2013, 10:09 AM   #88
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
Tami what an exciting trip you have coming up! Is this your sister's first child?
It's her third, but her first in over 18 years!
Her older two are basically the same age as my kids. We're all so excited, though. Her 'new' hubby's ex had a few miscarriages and my sister had one last year as well, so this is a bit of a miracle baby. My sis will be 40 next week and her hubby is even older. They're insane! It will be a blast to have a little one in the family again, though, and I'm really looking forward to spoiling him rotten!
Old 04-04-2013, 10:11 AM   #89
Major LCF Poster!

We were posting at the same time, Danielle!

If the coconut bark doesn't work the first time, just melt it again in the microwave, adjust, and refreeze. If you've got SF syrups, those work great, too.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:13 AM   #90
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by misscobi View Post
It's her third, but her first in over 18 years!
Her older two are basically the same age as my kids. We're all so excited, though. Her 'new' hubby's ex had a few miscarriages and my sister had one last year as well, so this is a bit of a miracle baby. My sis will be 40 next week and her hubby is even older. They're insane! It will be a blast to have a little one in the family again, though, and I'm really looking forward to spoiling him rotten!
OMG, this child is going to be SO spoiled.