Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2013, 07:05 AM   #751
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
I am proud of each one of you! I don't know how I was so lucky to not have any of those things happen to me. I was / am very blessed. I pray for continued healing for each and every one of you. I proud to "know" each one of you girls!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2013, 07:10 AM   #752

That being said, after I went off on XX and she apologized for saying what she said, Haven and I had Ice cream. It was a DD and it tasted better than ANY ice cream I have ever had. I was stressed to the max and HUNGRY! Haven needed to eat and we stopped at the first place we saw. It was culvers. They had a HUGE picture of a Reese's PB cup concrete. I got a chocolate one, Haven got the vanilla one and then some food. We lapped that ice cream up as if it were HEAVEN in a cup. We talked about how cruel PEOPLE can be and how we can't let what others say ever make us feel any different about what we think of ourselves. We spoke about how GOD makes each of us unique and a different size. Haven is NOT fat but she is not rail thin and never will be. She has a muscular build and has a bit of a tummy. She and I spoke about that too.

I don't feel bad about my well over DD. That hour in the car with Haven will be something I don't think either of us ever forgets. It still may have happened without the ice cream....but I don't think it would have been nearly as good Then we got home, we both showered and then we watched her favorite movie of all time, Forest Gump....which I thought was also WILDLY appropriate for the evening she and I had had!

Monica -Come see my journey!
Old 06-24-2013, 07:12 AM   #753

As for the new challenge name......I leave it to you guys. I don't have clever bone in my body!
Old 06-24-2013, 07:12 AM   #754

Quote:
Awesome by Autumn? Hehe.
I do like this one!
Old 06-24-2013, 07:32 AM   #755
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lize636
Stats: 225/186/155
WOE: LC
Start Date: Nov 2009, restart March 2013
Ladies I am sorry I have been MIA!! I was on vacation last week and extremely busy preparing for vacation (work and home) the week before that! I am up a few pounds since I refuse to diet while I am on vacation lol. Hoping to get those off soon!! I will catch up here soon. TTYL
Lize636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 07:38 AM   #756

Gina - I didn't forget you. You have also moved forward with your Dad and the awful example he has shown you. I am sure he broke YOUR heart right along with your Mom's. I don't understand what people are thinking sometimes.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:38 AM   #757

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lize636 View Post
Ladies I am sorry I have been MIA!! I was on vacation last week and extremely busy preparing for vacation (work and home) the week before that! I am up a few pounds since I refuse to diet while I am on vacation lol. Hoping to get those off soon!! I will catch up here soon. TTYL
WE need details on your trip! Glad you are back!
Old 06-24-2013, 08:12 AM   #758
Senior LCF Member

First let me just say you are all some very strong ladies!! You have all been through a lot. I like Monica am lucky to have a half way normal family. I dont know how you made it through the mess but you have and I believe each of you are stronger and better people because of it.

As for vacation ....we took the camper down to Myrtle Beach for the week its an 8 hour car ride ... we had a blast playing in the sand and ocean all week. I feel like I need a vacation from my vacation though We stayed at a place called Pirate Land Family Campground. It had lots of stuff to do and we were right on the ocean. The highlight of my vacation was getting to hold a baby tiger. Most amazing thing ever. I really wanted to hold the chimp I have always been a monkey fanatic but majority over ruled me picture below. This is the first time we have been here and I have no doubt we will be going back next year
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tiger.jpg (61.0 KB, 4 views)

Old 06-24-2013, 08:55 AM   #759
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Monica, Haven being made fun of breaks my heart! I'm glad they were still there and that you were able to handle it right away. Great job!!! Also glad her parents took it seriously and had her apologize! Kids that age need reminders sometimes. I hope Haven didn't take it too hard Your friend's family sounds scarily familiar! She's very fortunate to have you. We sound a lot alike You totally get it with the lack of respect for the moms in this situation, too. There's just no excuse.

Lynne, yep.. DH truly is a really good guy... and God knows I brought my own overfilled baggage cart to the relationship

I like Awesome by Autumn and Fitter by Fall. I've pretty much given up on skinny jeans. lol. Not really, but they still seem so far off. I am continuing to walk and finished Week 2, Day one of couch 2 5k this morning. I keep telling myself that even if I stay this weight forever, like my body seems to want to do, being in better shape is always a good thing.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:01 AM   #760
Major LCF Poster!

Geez, I missed a whole extra page when typing the above reply. lol Sorry gals! Can I blame the lack of oxygen to my brain from my 'run' this morning? lol

Monica, I love love love your talk (and ice cream!) with Haven. You're right, she'll never forget those moments or the feeling of being totally and completely supported by mom <3

Hey Liz! Welcome home! Love the pic with the tiger! How cool! What did the girls think?
misscobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 09:11 AM   #761
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by misscobi View Post
Geez, I missed a whole extra page when typing the above reply. lol Sorry gals! Can I blame the lack of oxygen to my brain from my 'run' this morning? lol

Monica, I love love love your talk (and ice cream!) with Haven. You're right, she'll never forget those moments or the feeling of being totally and completely supported by mom <3

Hey Liz! Welcome home! Love the pic with the tiger! How cool! What did the girls think?
They were scared to death at first lol but they warmed up when they realized the tiger wouldn't hurt them
Old 06-24-2013, 09:50 AM   #762
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
They were scared to death at first lol but they warmed up when they realized the tiger wouldn't hurt them
Awww. I'm sure they'll remember that forever
misscobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 10:30 AM   #763
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
Lynne - I can tell you, I have seen some interesting things happen with parents of children that are having children. I am baffled at the lack of supppot or participation they give. Dennis and I have had numerous discussions of how WE will handle life once our kids have kids....I cannot imagine saying any of the things your family said to you about your PRECIOUS Gavin. Born or not, LIFE, all LIFE IS PRECIOUS!! We are all unquie and each of us deserves the shot in life that you are giving to Gavin! Stand your ground girl, You make me proud of all the things I believe in!
I LOVE this!

Monica~ Man o man o man... just reading about the experience sent all the hairs on the back of my neck on edge. I am relieved to hear that the parents were receptive and seemed genuinely upset/concerned about their kid's behavior. I'm so sorry Haven was hurt This crap right here? This is EXACTLY why I didn't have close girlfriends growing up...all my friends were boys, much to my mother's horror Girls were too much drama, too much cattiness, and to much B****iness... DD16 had a situation in 3rd grade when I went with her on an overnight fieldtrip to the zoo.. one of the girls in her class started telling people DD was adopted..apparently this girl felt that there was no way DD belonged to me because she is so fair and I'm move olive complected with darker hair? ... It got nipped in the bud and by the time I was done with that little girl she felt about 2inches tall.. she was one of those kids who thought she was "cool" and her mother was one of those busy-body PTA moms who thinks she knows everything..Yeah, well...not as much as me, apparently! Body issues are such a tricky thing, too! Ironically, DD16 got comments about her size when she kinda "ballooned" after having to take several rounds of prednisone and was unable to lose the extra fluff...and then having to go GF she's lost it all, plus some..and is back to that gangly, long-legged, very thin appearance..and the girls are STILL commenting..just now that she's "too skinny"... She just rolls her eyes at them and says whatever you guys, you have NO idea what I've been through health wise.. People eventually figure out not to mess with her... Have I mentioned that aside from possibly going for a marketing degree, she's considering law....working as a prosecutor

Tami~ Hooray for running! Yes, you're allowed less oxygen to your brain
Like you, DH and I both brought heaping cartS full to our relationship..took about 16 years for it to royally hit the fan, but we got it worked out for the better.. it takes ALOT of work but it's been worth it.

Liz~ WB! LOVE the picture!!!! I love love love lions and tigers.. which is extremely funny because I don't like cats glad you guys had such a great time!

Gina~ how ya doing honey?

Lynne~ are you alive after packing and cleaning???? Gavin didn't tie you up in a closet, did he?
-----------------

Had a pretty dang successful weekend Juddd'ing.. Went to the movies twice..so twice *of course* I had to have popcorn I'm reminding just how much I love this plan and why I came back to it

More hot hot and hot here, so my butt will be inside in the a/c...I'll do some housework and laundry but no way am I going out in th heat

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell

Last edited by DesertGurl; 06-24-2013 at 10:31 AM..
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 10:31 AM   #764
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/207/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet/JUDDD/no sugar
Quote:
Originally Posted by misscobi View Post
I like Awesome by Autumn and Fitter by Fall.
Let's go with Awesome by Autumn then! Woohoo!! Can you find us a picture again, Tami? I VERY MUCH want to be part of the new challenge, you guys are my homegirls.

Liz, I love the tiger picture! Welcome home!!

Quote:
It was a DD and it tasted better than ANY ice cream I have ever had. I was stressed to the max and HUNGRY! Haven needed to eat and we stopped at the first place we saw. It was culvers. They had a HUGE picture of a Reese's PB cup concrete. I got a chocolate one, Haven got the vanilla one and then some food. We lapped that ice cream up as if it were HEAVEN in a cup. We talked about how cruel PEOPLE can be and how we can't let what others say ever make us feel any different about what we think of ourselves. We spoke about how GOD makes each of us unique and a different size. Haven is NOT fat but she is not rail thin and never will be. She has a muscular build and has a bit of a tummy. She and I spoke about that too.

I don't feel bad about my well over DD. That hour in the car with Haven will be something I don't think either of us ever forgets.
This is so cool. Parenting WIN and excellent use of choice. You know you have freedom from food having power over you when you can choose to blow a DD for a good cause.

Quote:
I don't understand what people are thinking sometimes.
My opinion: The family(-ies) thought they *had* to choose one person's well-being over another person's. Somebody had to lose, in that scheme....and we drew the short straw(s), that's all. Not based on merit (though that's how we took it) but maybe the opposite - based on who they thought would be able to survive okay on their own.

Quote:
Born or not, LIFE, all LIFE IS PRECIOUS!! We are all unique and each of us deserves the shot in life that you are giving to Gavin! Stand your ground girl, You make me proud of all the things I believe in!
This is the theme at the core of my vampire series, and is probably the idea behind all of all the books I will ever write: No human being is disposable, no matter how reasonable it might seem at the time or how little that person might seem to matter. We're all precious.

I've got my hands full this week! Time to get everything packed up. I hate the dismantling of the house, with everything in disarray - it's most disturbing to me. Oh well, I'll get through it somehow.

Off to the races...

Lynne

Carbohydrate Addict's Diet. Hopefully.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.
lynne2u is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 10:43 AM   #765
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
I LOVE this!

Monica~ Man o man o man... just reading about the experience sent all the hairs on the back of my neck on edge. I am relieved to hear that the parents were receptive and seemed genuinely upset/concerned about their kid's behavior. I'm so sorry Haven was hurt This crap right here? This is EXACTLY why I didn't have close girlfriends growing up...all my friends were boys, much to my mother's horror Girls were too much drama, too much cattiness, and to much B****iness... DD16 had a situation in 3rd grade when I went with her on an overnight fieldtrip to the zoo.. one of the girls in her class started telling people DD was adopted..apparently this girl felt that there was no way DD belonged to me because she is so fair and I'm move olive complected with darker hair? ... It got nipped in the bud and by the time I was done with that little girl she felt about 2inches tall.. she was one of those kids who thought she was "cool" and her mother was one of those busy-body PTA moms who thinks she knows everything..Yeah, well...not as much as me, apparently!
We cross-posted, Danielle.

OMG. I can't believe how mean these girls were to your DD and Monica's DD. Horrible!! That was such a parenting win too, Danielle. Your daughter is lucky to have you.

I'll bet your daughters will always remember momma standing up for them.

Lynne
Old 06-24-2013, 12:14 PM   #766

Let's face it ladies, our KIDS are DANG lucky to have us!!!!!! I am pretty laid back about most things. People can say whatever they want about me, I don't give an F, but, you say ONE cross thing to my child/about my child/referring to my child....WELL, you better watch out. I have claws, fangs, fist, you name it to come after you. Now, I don't think I would ever get physical, unless someone PUSHED ME!
Old 06-24-2013, 12:17 PM   #767

Quote:
My opinion: The family(-ies) thought they *had* to choose one person's well-being over another person's. Somebody had to lose, in that scheme....and we drew the short straw(s), that's all. Not based on merit (though that's how we took it) but maybe the opposite - based on who they thought would be able to survive okay on their own.
Lynne, you could be right....but to me, that doesn't matter at all. In life, I feel as PARENTS our sole job/responsibility is safety/well being for our children. Against whomever. Spouse, friends, siblings, THE WORLD! I do see where you are coming from and I know the dynamic of the abused spouse and the dependence upon it, need and such, but my PEA BRAIN can't wrap my head around that BULL CHIT! I know what you went through helped mold you each into what you are today, I just wish you hadn't had such a journey!
Old 06-24-2013, 12:18 PM   #768

Quote:
Your friend's family sounds scarily familiar! She's very fortunate to have you. We sound a lot alike You totally get it with the lack of respect for the moms in this situation, too. There's just no excuse.
I think your situation was very similar to hers. At the time we became friends, she was just married, just out of high school and just pregnant. Her therapist said, I was the voice she couldn't have. I could say the stuff she wanted/wished to say, but simply couldn't. You know, my GIVE an F button gave out a long time ago..... I pretty much have little use for ADULTS and their excuses for acting worse than any CHILD would!
Old 06-24-2013, 12:20 PM   #769

Danielle - HOORAY for your DD16! I am glad she ignores all those LOSERS! They are wanna be's that won't do ANYTHING beyond high school. I hope they enjoy the time they have left....there certainly won't be much out there for them once they are out!
Old 06-24-2013, 12:21 PM   #770

Liz - your vacation sounds amazing! That picture says it all! I bet you need a vacation now just to REST Up! The girls, you, well, you all look amazing! What a beautiful family!
Old 06-24-2013, 12:23 PM   #771

You know, as I was marching my FAT A $$ , sweating in the 95* heat over to them, I was 1/2 expecting her to say, WELL, your tummy is even bigger than hers! I tried to tell myself I wouldn't SLAP her if she said that! THankfully she didn't so I didn't have to reign myself in!
Old 06-24-2013, 12:25 PM   #772

Quote:
This is the theme at the core of my vampire series, and is probably the idea behind all of all the books I will ever write: No human being is disposable, no matter how reasonable it might seem at the time or how little that person might seem to matter. We're all precious.

I can't wait to get my HANDS on those books girl! I am part of a YA reading group on goodreads, there is a gal that put out a book on amazon and she has asked me to read/review it. I am guessing it's because I am the GRANDMA of the group! I plan to upload the kindle ap and then download her book from amazon.
Old 06-24-2013, 01:07 PM   #773
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Let's face it ladies, our KIDS are DANG lucky to have us!!!!!! I am pretty laid back about most things. People can say whatever they want about me, I don't give an F, but, you say ONE cross thing to my child/about my child/referring to my child....WELL, you better watch out. I have claws, fangs, fist, you name it to come after you. Now, I don't think I would ever get physical, unless someone PUSHED ME!
I agree with you 100% My kids are number 1 and I will do what I need to to protect them
Old 06-24-2013, 01:08 PM   #774
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Liz - your vacation sounds amazing! That picture says it all! I bet you need a vacation now just to REST Up! The girls, you, well, you all look amazing! What a beautiful family!
Thanks a million
Old 06-24-2013, 01:17 PM   #775
Senior LCF Member

Ladies is it just me or does anyone else feel like our kids have it so much harder than we did growing up. Yes they have nice things that we didn't but kids are so much more judgmental now then when I was younger. And dont get me started on the pressure and drama that I feel Facebook and cell phones puts on these younger kids. UGH I hope to be able to keep my girls away from the both of them as long as I can. I know it will be hard and I am guilty of having FB and cell phones but I dont fall into the drama (or I try not to lol) My DH has a cousin who is 13 and FB and her cell phone seems to be causing so much unneeded drama in her life. Not to mention how much older she acts at 13.... I dont remember worrying about boys and what I looked like in middle school. It was all about who was your best friend at the time lol!! I just worry about how much worse it could possible get between now and when my girls are in middle school.
Old 06-24-2013, 05:42 PM   #776
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Ladies is it just me or does anyone else feel like our kids have it so much harder than we did growing up. Yes they have nice things that we didn't but kids are so much more judgmental now then when I was younger.
I think this is a bewildering time to be growing up, in some ways. There are so many ways to bully and hurt other kids with FB, etc., bad grown-ups trolling for naive young kids online, and whatever else. Not to mention just privacy issues. Kids want to use the latest technology, but once you've given up your privacy to a company, it's hard to get it back!

On the other hand, I think kids like Gavin with developmental disabilities have an easier time than they did back in the day.

Lynne
Old 06-25-2013, 06:46 AM   #777
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynne2u View Post
I think this is a bewildering time to be growing up, in some ways. There are so many ways to bully and hurt other kids with FB, etc., bad grown-ups trolling for naive young kids online, and whatever else. Not to mention just privacy issues. Kids want to use the latest technology, but once you've given up your privacy to a company, it's hard to get it back!

On the other hand, I think kids like Gavin with developmental disabilities have an easier time than they did back in the day.

Lynne

UGH how do we keep our kids safe with out crossing the crazy over protective mom line

I do agree with you second statement 100%
Old 06-25-2013, 06:48 AM   #778

OH I agree Lynne - so many more options and knowledge for any child with disabilities.

I am right in the MIDDLE of the tech/teen world. My children both have facebook, DS14 rarely ever uses it or looks at it. DD11 uses it some, but not much really. It's the Instagram, Instachat, Tweet...stuff I don't know anything about. I am not into all that other stuff and yet, the kids are. I talk to DD11 all the time about what it is and who is there. It is an odd time. I mean, it won't be long and our "devices" / phone/ computer/you name it, they will be just implanted into our body. I just saw Total Recall this weekend, it may not be so far from the truth! Their phones were embedded in their hands. Tough to know what / where to draw the line. HOlding a child back from technology isn't a perfect solution either. They would be just that much behind all the others. It's all used for High School, Middle School and even in Elementary school. What scares me is the Xbox live stuff. Who DS14 could be playing and what they are saying to each other while they are there!
Old 06-25-2013, 06:50 AM   #779

It's Tuesday and 1 day of VBS is done! It's fun and yet, tiring! I need to go to bed early, this old gal needs her sleep!
Old 06-25-2013, 07:00 AM   #780
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
OH I agree Lynne - so many more options and knowledge for any child with disabilities.

I am right in the MIDDLE of the tech/teen world. My children both have facebook, DS14 rarely ever uses it or looks at it. DD11 uses it some, but not much really. It's the Instagram, Instachat, Tweet...stuff I don't know anything about. I am not into all that other stuff and yet, the kids are. I talk to DD11 all the time about what it is and who is there. It is an odd time. I mean, it won't be long and our "devices" / phone/ computer/you name it, they will be just implanted into our body. I just saw Total Recall this weekend, it may not be so far from the truth! Their phones were embedded in their hands. Tough to know what / where to draw the line. HOlding a child back from technology isn't a perfect solution either. They would be just that much behind all the others. It's all used for High School, Middle School and even in Elementary school. What scares me is the Xbox live stuff. Who DS14 could be playing and what they are saying to each other while they are there!
I so agree with you here...they need it so they are prepared for school but I guess it's OK as long as it is in moderation.

It's great that your kids are not dependent on the social media/gaming stuff. I know so many kids who always have their heads glued to a FB ect.. and my husband can sometime be that way with his Xbox.... I have to tell him to turn the sound off so my kids don't hear the craziness. I do have to admit he has gotten much better about walking away from the Xbox