Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2013, 05:56 AM   #691
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Monica, about pushing the kids in front of the snake!!

Oh, and moving day is July 3.
Honestly, my DS14 is old enough and works with animals, I think it would be SMART to put him in front of me, wouldn't it????? That's what I tell myself!
zipp2play is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2013, 05:56 AM   #692

Do you have people helping you move? Did you hire a company? I hope so. If I was close girl, I would BE THERE FOR YOU! Nothing more difficult than moving!
Old 06-18-2013, 05:58 AM   #693

Quote:
Originally Posted by misscobi View Post
Monica, one of the things I loved when reading my son's letters of recommendation for college was an account of his ability to relate to all ages. He had been put in a management position while he was in high school and had to meet with the other managers from other pools, all adults - most grown men. The person writing the letter said he was a little concerned about how DS would handle himself in that situation but that he shouldn't have been. He not only spoke to those adults with respect, but had no problems stating concerns and being taken seriously when making suggestions. We have pretty cool kids I find it absolutely fascinating watching them learn to navigate in this big world.
You should be very proud girl! I think your DS sounds amazing! I don't think you have anything to worry about for him in his life!
Old 06-18-2013, 05:59 AM   #694

It's Tuesday and I'm tired. I am reading a new book and it is GOOD. I couldn't put it down last night so it was after 10:00 when I went to sleep! *YAWN* I think I will be finishing that book tonight.

Have a great day all!
Old 06-18-2013, 07:06 AM   #695
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
You should be very proud girl! I think your DS sounds amazing! I don't think you have anything to worry about for him in his life!
I fluctuate between pride & frustration on a daily basis, but he really is a good guy. Thanks.

I think we should just do away with Tuesdays, Wednesdays & maybe even Thursdays. Monday wasn't so bad, but I'm ready for the week to be over already. lol
misscobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:17 AM   #696
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Lord have mercy, I am waaaayyyy behind here!

So, I'll just say, I'm here.

Started JUDDD again, today's a DD.

Instead of slimmer by summer for me it should be, Bigger by summer..I believe I've actually gained 10lbs Ooooppsssss!
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:29 AM   #697
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/210/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
That's what family is for girl! Lean on them, obviously he was more than willing to help.
Well, in my defense...my family has neighborhoods. I'm learning that I grew up in a questionable part of town, family tree-wise, but that there are much nicer branches I can move into now

And yeah, I've got a moving company coming, thank goodness. I still wish you all lived in my part of the country!! We'd go walk together on the beach, dogs and all.

Monica,Tami, I've got a feeling both of your DS's are going to grow up winners! They've got real character. Good job, parents!

My son is showing signs of developing real character, too. I'm so proud of him.

I downloaded him 2 new apps for his birthday today: A Corwin's Quest video and a Bubble Guppies video.

Back in the day, whoever would have thought that a thing called "apps" might someday be a kid's ideal birthday gift and would keep them entertained for weeks?

I'm cleaning light fixtures and major appliances today! Fun!!

See you tomorrow -
Lynne

Carbohydrate Addict's Diet. Hopefully.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:23 AM   #698

Happy Birthday to GAVIN!!!!!!!

I bet he is excited!
Old 06-18-2013, 11:23 AM   #699

Danielle - we only LOOK forward, never back, OK?!?! It's my DD too!
Old 06-18-2013, 11:38 AM   #700
Major LCF Poster!

Oh Yay! The three of us are on the same UD/DD schedule. Glad I screwed up Saturday

Totally agree with never looking back... those 10 pounds will be gone soon!

Lynne, I think we all have some pretty awesome kids. I was telling hubby about his no look pass practice that had you chasing the ball. He chuckled and said it sounded about right. Happy birthday to your little man!
Old 06-19-2013, 07:48 AM   #701

How is everyone today?? Quiet in here!
Old 06-19-2013, 09:07 AM   #702
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Genie80
WOE: Slimming World
Start Date: Re-start 09.18.13
Hi Monica all good, Dukan seems to be working for me I've lost another 1lb :-)
Genie80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:32 AM   #703
Blabbermouth!!!

I must've missed it somewhere, Gina when did you decide to switch plans! I'm glad it's working, that's for sure!!

Had a great DD yesterday.. about 800 cals. I did it on purpose. I am seeing if I can have better results with higher DD's..last time I did this I was down near 0 cals - 300 and the scale hated it.. so I'll keep them higher and see how things go. UD today and I'm not even hungry.. sitting here trying to figure out how to spend all these calories today.

Very sore today, housework clearly does not agree with me Thinkin today is a sit & read day!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 06-19-2013, 11:16 AM   #704
Major LCF Poster!

Hey all

Gina, that's awesome! Another pound gone!

Danielle, I think starting with higher calories is very wise. You can always go lower if you need to, but may as well see how it goes first.

DD yesterday was about 370 calories. Scale is still sticking with 191, even two DD's after my DD turned UD on Saturday. Hubby bought me new running shoes last night. Yay! I went to try them out this morning and I think they'll be fine, but the shorts I was wearing were NOT. They were fine when I wore them a week or so ago, but today were riding up between my thighs... NOT a good look and not one I can just ignore, so I walked home. Day 3 of Couch to 5K will have to wait. I did walk just under 5 miles yesterday so don't feel too bad about calling it quits earlier, but I was hoping to do C25K today & Friday then move on to week 2 next week. Oh-well.
Old 06-19-2013, 11:26 AM   #705

Whatcha reading Danielle??? OH and I have always done higher DD's. Heck, I may never get into the 150's, but it makes living a little easier, especially on work DD's.

Tami - OH I hate ride up in the middle. Chub Rub is what runners refer to it as. No matter how big/small I am , I always have that! Let us know how C25K goes!

Gina - another pound down is GREAT!
Old 06-19-2013, 01:23 PM   #706
Blabbermouth!!!

Tami~ I don't wear shorts. Like,...EVER. Hurray for new shoes! I love my tennis shoes, and I'll be sad when I need new ones cause I don't think they make them anymore. Congrat's on working the c25k program!

Monica~ I'm reading The Tao of Martha by Jen Lancaster. LOVE her with all my heart..I wish we could be BFF's
Old 06-19-2013, 03:12 PM   #707
Major LCF Poster!

Chub Rub... that's me! I don't normally wear shorts either. It's been years and years and even then I won't wear them for anything other than walking, not even for a quick trip to that giant box store known for questionable clothing. lol Which btw, is where I bought these. lol. I tried them on, ran in place in the dressing room, etc. I've had them about a month and I swear they didn't ride up before. I'd like to say it's because my legs are smaller or something, but I don't think that's really the case. lol I thought it would be nice to kill two birds with one stone & tan my legs while I was out walking... I guess I still can while out 'walking' but definitely not while even trying to run/jog/waddle
Old 06-20-2013, 01:23 AM   #708
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Genie80
WOE: Slimming World
Start Date: Re-start 09.18.13
Dani - I had a bit of a melt down on Friday so had a long discussion with Wayne and decided to go back to Dukan (SOmething I tried before xmas) had a blow out at the weekend and weighed in on Monday at 195.2 I've lost 3.6 lbs so far this week even with a massive binge on Tuesday consuming over 2000 calories in about 20 minutes and a chocolate bar yesterday. I can SEE my tummy shrinking!!

Monica - Chub Rub: I like that, well I hate it but you know what I mean! I love wearing long dresses and skirts in summer as long as I don't have to walk anywhere it's fine until you stop and when you start again you realise there's some serious friction going on!!

xx

Read my journal Asthma/Fibromyalgia/IBS/ME
Genie80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 05:27 AM   #709

Danielle - I finished up Legend last night. I am on the list for Prodigy (book #2) at the library. Hoping it becomes available soon. Till then, I will read, Defending Jacob. It's my next book club book!

Tami - chub rub is exactly what they call it in the running circles. It honestly has more to do with SHAPE, not size. There are some SKINNY A$$ people that run that have issues with it. As I stated, BIG or smaller for me, it's always there. I wear guys basketball shorts to walk in. They are longer so they don't ride up.

Gina - are you feeling better today? I was worried about you yesterday!

It's FRIDAY EVE ladies! Plans for the wekeend? Tonight we plan to go to DS14's GF's softball game. Only negative is it doesn't start till 9:00 P.M. GRRRR that is late for this old gal!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rt-2-a-18.html
Old 06-20-2013, 07:40 AM   #710
Major LCF Poster!

Gina, I love that you can see your tummy shrinking! I'm really not sure I'm seeing much of anything on JUDDD, but have decided to stick with it unless the scale starts going up.

Monica, I had thought about stealing some of the boys' basketball shorts. May have to do that

Friday Eve... woohoo... No plans that I know of, but that doesn't mean I'm not looking forward to the weekend!
Old 06-20-2013, 10:47 AM   #711
Blabbermouth!!!

Gina~ I've had plenty of meltdowns, I so feel ya, chicky Glad that Dukan is a plan that works for you and success is happening..hooray for shrinking tummies!!

Monica~ I've never heard of those books at all...YA?

...re: chub rub...oh no, there'd be more than that if I wore shorts.. More like SPARKS!

Had a great UD yesterday...and very ready for a DD today. Woke up way late today for some reason..can't tell ya the last time I slept in just because.

No idea what weekend plans are..I think there may be an "impromtu" trip to get the kids out to stay with my fam for a bit.. dad has weeks left... right now going thru an emotional battle with DD16.. she is the one who's been estranged from them for as long as I have.. I have tried encouraging her to go but she says no..I just do not want her having regrets afterwards.. tough situation and had some tense evenings around here.. DD18 gets angry easily at me because of my situation with my family and doesn't understand why I am not falling all over myself to get there, and talking in only terms of getting my kids there to see him.. I can only pray one day she understands and that all 3 of mine can forgive me.. it's just not gonna happen for me.
Old 06-20-2013, 11:11 AM   #712

Tami - steal away girl! I know mine are from My DS14 that he had previously grown out of. I know he still can't fit in a M, so I can keep them a while longer!

Danielle - Legend and Prodigy are YA, Defending Jacob isn't. I haven't started it yet, its a book club book. DD18 will understand eventually. It is tough at her age knowing how much she loves you and her Dad. I am sure she can't imagine ever being that upset with you all. My prayers are aout to you all!
Old 06-20-2013, 11:12 AM   #713
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
I think there may be an "impromtu" trip to get the kids out to stay with my fam for a bit.. dad has weeks left... right now going thru an emotional battle with DD16.. she is the one who's been estranged from them for as long as I have.. I have tried encouraging her to go but she says no..I just do not want her having regrets afterwards.. tough situation and had some tense evenings around here.. DD18 gets angry easily at me because of my situation with my family and doesn't understand why I am not falling all over myself to get there, and talking in only terms of getting my kids there to see him.. I can only pray one day she understands and that all 3 of mine can forgive me.. it's just not gonna happen for me.
Danielle.

In my family, we have some tangled webs, too. I've been trying to sort out what I owe other people (in terms of not telling them what they may not want to hear about other people's bad behavior that hasn't personally affected them) vs. what I owe myself and Gavin (in terms of protection from that bad behavior). If the family criminals weren't continuing with their bad behavior, I'd be more inclined to forgive and forget.

No comment on chub rub.

Plans for the weekend? I've got an entire season of Dr. Who to watch, and I'm extremely tired of dusting the blinds and wiping 2 years of grime off the light switches. I'm trying to get some monk-like holiness out of the slow, tedious, thankless (endless!) work. Hopefully that feeling of satisfaction kicks in soon, or I'll be starting early with the Dr. Who.

It's POURING rain here. Buckets. No, wait, the sun has come out and it's blazing hot. No, wait...it's changed again.

I had a glorious DD yesterday, fasted until 5! Sorry to be out of step with the rest of us.

Have a great Friday Eve, y'all!!

Lynne
Old 06-20-2013, 11:43 AM   #714
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynne2u View Post
Danielle.

In my family, we have some tangled webs, too. I've been trying to sort out what I owe other people (in terms of not telling them what they may not want to hear about other people's bad behavior that hasn't personally affected them) vs. what I owe myself and Gavin (in terms of protection from that bad behavior). If the family criminals weren't continuing with their bad behavior, I'd be more inclined to forgive and forget.

No comment on chub rub.

Plans for the weekend? I've got an entire season of Dr. Who to watch, and I'm extremely tired of dusting the blinds and wiping 2 years of grime off the light switches. I'm trying to get some monk-like holiness out of the slow, tedious, thankless (endless!) work. Hopefully that feeling of satisfaction kicks in soon, or I'll be starting early with the Dr. Who.

It's POURING rain here. Buckets. No, wait, the sun has come out and it's blazing hot. No, wait...it's changed again.

I had a glorious DD yesterday, fasted until 5! Sorry to be out of step with the rest of us.

Have a great Friday Eve, y'all!!

Lynne
I think this ^^^^^ right here is why I can't go? I've forgiven already...in fact, a long time ago I did that... I had to in order to bring on my healing..It was for me and nobody else. Everyone seems very hellbent on beating me over the head with the fact that I stood up for myself and refused to go back to that person that just took whatever she was dealt. Those times are gone and there is no going back. I can't pretend anymore..especially given the stuff that has been said to me, and about me, and yet, not one single person has come to me to try and even truly talk..not just gloss over everything in an attempt to just pretend it all never happened.. Worse even, my own mother has never even spoken to me about my dad's illness..she's written me off and that was that.. I don't care how old I am, I am STILL her daughter..how does a mother just forget about their kid, and firstborn, at that? I just don't get it..I mean, I think about my kids and that scenario and it makes me cry every time because there would be no way in hell that I'd EVER have that sort of relationship with them.
Old 06-20-2013, 12:00 PM   #715
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
I think this ^^^^^ right here is why I can't go? I've forgiven already...in fact, a long time ago I did that... I had to in order to bring on my healing..It was for me and nobody else. Everyone seems very hellbent on beating me over the head with the fact that I stood up for myself and refused to go back to that person that just took whatever she was dealt. Those times are gone and there is no going back. I can't pretend anymore..especially given the stuff that has been said to me, and about me, and yet, not one single person has come to me to try and even truly talk..not just gloss over everything in an attempt to just pretend it all never happened.. Worse even, my own mother has never even spoken to me about my dad's illness..she's written me off and that was that.. I don't care how old I am, I am STILL her daughter..how does a mother just forget about their kid, and firstborn, at that? I just don't get it..I mean, I think about my kids and that scenario and it makes me cry every time because there would be no way in hell that I'd EVER have that sort of relationship with them.
I suppose DD16 is knowing all this too and wondering why you're encouraging her to spend time with these people when she doesn't want to. She her momma - and the truth - more than the family secrets, which is more than the "everyone" (as in: hellbent on beating you over the head) can say.

My mother wrote me off, too. If it's any consolation, how many mothers around the world have sold their pre-teen daughters into prostitution or marriage because they, quote, "didn't have a choice"? (Me, I'd find a choice. I'd sell my organs before I'd sell my daughter. You feel the same way. But you and I, I think we're in the minority among human beings on this planet.)

What long-standing injustices are buried in our fat cells!!

Lynne
Old 06-20-2013, 01:11 PM   #716
Blabbermouth!!!

Lynne~ the stuff with DD16 is tricky, weird, and a long explanation..all of the drama started with her, in terms of all of them listening to a then, 14yo vent and complain about her parents.. not one person to this day has ever asked ME the real deal in terms of what was going on with me and DH and our decision to reconcile.. they all relied on a child.. Well, then when she was going thru therapy and learning tools and ways to deal with her dad and learning to forgive, etc.. things were getting better for her and miraculously the family didn't like "that gossip"..it wasn't nearly as juicy as all the stuff like before..ugh Lynne, the stuff that went on is awful, I can't even begin to tell you...
The finger's been pointed at ME for involving DD16 in things "she has no business knowing"..according to them.. but yet, the negative things said about me have been said directly to DD16 by 2 of my sisters..the 2 biggest finger pointers of them all, go figure, huh? There have been incidents that have happened via texts and even facebook that involved both my girls..and yet, I'm the one that got blamed for stuff.. it's all really stupid! And yep, DD16 is fiercely loyal to her momma.. I don't want her to go if she doesn't want to, but I know that some of the reasons why she hasn't spoken to anyone is not what she's really felt per se, for her own self, her feelings, etc.. but about her loyalty to me... Hence, why I said I did not want her to have regrets later. I told her she doesn't have to engage with anyone but her grandpa if she wants..and she will only be there for a very short time..couple hours at most.. the other 2, well, they'll probably stay for a couple weeks..
Old 06-20-2013, 01:52 PM   #717
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynne2u View Post
What long-standing injustices are buried in our fat cells!!
Wow, isn't this the truth?

Fwiw, I think you're handling things perfectly with DD16, Danielle. My boys know all of our family crud now, though I hid it from them for a long time. They both have a great relationship with their grandmother and did with their grandfather, but they certainly understand why I don't. In all reality, she'll be ok either way. Yes, she may have some regrets, but don't we all? A lot of people never get the chance to visit and say goodbye before a loved one passes. I dunno. I really would handle it just like you are. Push her a bit to go, explain all the reasons wy, but in the end if she truly doesn't want to be there I wouldn't force it. Hugs..
Old 06-20-2013, 02:14 PM   #718
Blabbermouth!!!

Thank you, Tami I seriously feel as if I'm losing my mind with all this crap. I guess my thought process is that she's young and she's taken offense to how I've been treated..and while I appreciate all that, I truly do, none of this has to do with her, and I don't want her later coming to realize this and regret not getting that time. And I'd be lying if I said that I don't get twitchy that my other 2 are "ok" with everything and can have whatever conversations with them.
Old 06-20-2013, 02:50 PM   #719
Major LCF Poster!

Yeah, I hear you... I'm really sorry you're even in that position. All you can do is talk to them and let it play out, I think?
Old 06-20-2013, 03:20 PM   #720
Blabbermouth!!!

Tami~ that's the plan.. at least I think so? I do know that I'm gonna have to brace myself for more impact..I can only imagine the gossip that will swirl after he goes...more hate, more ugliness.. all of this makes me think that not even attending services will be the best thing. For everyone.