Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2013, 05:20 AM   #661
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
It's Thursday, DD11 (my baby girl) will be home tomorrow. I miss her, but I know she is LOVING LIFE! We got an email update from the church youth director. She said they were all having a great time. 2 a day swimming and tons of other activities! DD11 is in HEAVEN! She will come back sad that it is done. Thankfully she is going to another church camp next month! LUCKY her! DS14 and I went to the movies yesterday. We say, Now you see it! I definitely recommend it. Very good movie kept me guessing till the very end!

It's and UP DAY and book club night! YEAH! Love book club night, although I dislike the book we are reading. Camelot area and I just found out it is book #2 in the series. I don't think #1 would make it better.....I may not finish it. I also joined a YA book club on goodreads. Exciting!

Plans for the weekend girls?

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rt-2-a-18.html
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2013, 05:21 AM   #662

Yesterday's dd was a bit high. DS14 has enough calories for popcorn at the movies....I couldn't let him eat alone. We don't ever use butter, so that helps a lot!
Old 06-13-2013, 05:23 AM   #663
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Genie80
WOE: Slimming World
Start Date: Re-start 09.18.13
Ha ha.. would be rude not to have Popcorn at the movies - can you believe I only tried it for the first time a couple of years back? Jeeez... can't believe what I've been missing!

No plans really for this weekend however I do have an extremely long to-do list for Wayne xx
Genie80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:58 AM   #664
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Waaaay late start today... Yesterday was such a horrendously bad day, it left me completely exhausted.. I slept in til nearly 9 today.. didn't even hear DH get ready for work or anything..

Questioning whether I really will be able to work this plan to the letter the way it's meant to be done.. so much kookiness in our family with driving, etc...I can't plan out 3hr time frames consistently.. wondering if I am taking on too much or making too much out of nothing.. maybe should've just stuck to what I was doing the last week or two.. and leave it alone.. *sigh* ..

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 11:15 AM   #665

can you do larger snacks as one of your 3 hour meals?
Old 06-13-2013, 11:16 AM   #666

stuff you could have ready in your purse?
Old 06-13-2013, 11:27 AM   #667
Blabbermouth!!!

The tough part about this...

low carb days:
Meal 1- carb/protein/veggies
Meal 2- protein/fat/veggies
Meal 3- protein/fat/veggies
Meal 4- protein/fat/veggies
Meal 5- protein/fat/veggies

high carb days:
Meal 1- carb/protein/veggies
Meal 2- carb/protein/veggies
Meal 3- carb/protein/veggies
Meal 4- carb/protein/veggies
Meal 5- carb/protein/veggies

tough tough tough!! I know it's doable...tons of people succeed with this all over the place.. I just gotta figure out a way to make it work..

I'm thinking of trying to stick with his calorie parameters & the high/low carb days and sticking with his food lists but eating just when I can/need? I dunno?

All I know is my head was absolutely SPINNING yesterday
Old 06-13-2013, 01:16 PM   #668
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/210/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Good afternoon!!

Gina, what a wonderful project, tracking a kitten through a year of its life. Sounds like it was right up your alley!

It's amazing how our "comfortable length" of writing can grow over time, huh? First wondering if we can get 500 words down; then after a while, wondering if we can manage to edit our articles down to 1000 words without breaking anything important. Me too!!

I agree with the majority: popcorn is indispensable to movie night. I'm partial to kettle corn.

Monica, as a reader I'll bet you'd know right away if the structure was wrong!

about feeling bad about squashing Meredith, the perky trainer nice type.

Danielle, I hear ya about wondering whether you can work this plan to the letter. I wonder if meal bars or shakes might help? Are there some out there that have the right combination of stuff?

Tami, I know what you mean about this taking forever! I'm trying to get happy with the journey, too. I look at it this way: we're a lot further along than we were last year this time. Next year? Even better. Right?

Me... not much going on, which you'd think would be more relaxing than it is. Chipping away at the moving project, taking care of Gavin, imagining vampires. You know, the usual.

Happy Thursday!!

Lynne

Carbohydrate Addict's Diet. Hopefully.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 02:39 AM   #669
Senior LCF Member

Danielle - I can see how you'd struggle fitting them in, I guess the key is planning... and really keeping to what you plan! Easier said than done I know!

Lynne - Most of the articles are scanned in to .pdf format and on my website. Not sure if I can post it here but Naughtypaw Cats - Features (quite a bit of editing went on from what I wrote to what was printed but I'm really happy with how they all turned out!)

Whats everyone's plan for the weekend? I have chores, chores and more chores down on a list for Wayne to do then we're out for a friends birthday tomorrow night. Aiming for an MD today so I don't worry too much tomorrow xx

Read my journal Asthma/Fibromyalgia/IBS/ME

Last edited by Genie80; 06-14-2013 at 02:40 AM..
Old 06-14-2013, 05:26 AM   #670

Lynne - how is the "moving project" going? OH and how are my vampires???? I might know a bad structure, not sure. I'm not very smart! :rotfl:

Gina- sorry to say, I am not a cat person , but your cats, they are CUTE! I love all things DOG! It's just me, I know. My DD11 would LOVE to have a cat, but our doggie, she would NOT like that at all!

This weekend we are visiting friends in Springfield MO! I only work till noon today and then we go get DD11! I can't wait to see her. I have had a sad, missing feeling all week. I'm sure it is her being gone! We will hang with our friends tonight, tomorrow and then Sunday morning head to my Dad's. I think a late lunch is planned there with them. It will be a FUN weekend. Pool, BBQ, games, you name it! OH and I plan to read all the way there and such. I should get a lot of reading done too! LOVE IT!
Old 06-14-2013, 07:46 AM   #671
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genie80 View Post
Lynne - Most of the articles are scanned in to .pdf format and on my website. Not sure if I can post it here but Naughtypaw Cats - Features (quite a bit of editing went on from what I wrote to what was printed but I'm really happy with how they all turned out!)
I love these articles! I've always thought that breeders (of anything, I suppose - cats? Dogs? Horses?) seem to focus on the *business* of their business, and maybe don't get all that invested in new kittens/puppies/whatever, maybe because 1) they don't always survive and 2) you're planning to sell them, no use getting attached...but you really brought the into your feature. Your Bailee, the way you describe it it sort of seems like your little sister having her first baby!

Monica, the moving project is moving. A friend just brought over a Bissell green machine yesterday, which I've been putting to good use, along with my little office shredder. Shredding documents is so James Bond, isn't it?

The vampires are cooking right along. I'm loving it! I know you're going to love this trilogy. Girl heroes have WAY different problems and dilemmas than boy heroes do, and we can all relate to them!

I know what you mean about the sad, missing feeling. I'm sorry to say that I sometimes feel that way after I've tucked my son into bed at night - even if I'm really tired of him and his brattiness and have been longing for bedtime because I need a BREAK. I miss him when he's been gone for 5 minutes.

I'm starting to understand those mothers that call and text every day the kid's in college. I DON'T want to be one of those!! No way!!

What a beautiful day at the coast. The sun is shining; the marine layer has already burned off and it's not even 8 am. Means it's going to be a scorcher!!

Me... Fasting today. I can't claim stress anymore, since everything is pretty well settled and now it's just a matter of execution. Back in the saddle! (I'll be gentle with myself. But still.)

TGIF!!

Lynne
Old 06-14-2013, 07:58 AM   #672

Quote:
The vampires are cooking right along. I'm loving it! I know you're going to love this trilogy. Girl heroes have WAY different problems and dilemmas than boy heroes do, and we can all relate to them!
I completely agree with you on this!
Old 06-14-2013, 07:59 AM   #673

Quote:
I'm starting to understand those mothers that call and text every day the kid's in college. I DON'T want to be one of those!! No way!!
That will SO be ME!!!!!!!! Proud to say , I'm sure it will!
Old 06-14-2013, 08:00 AM   #674

Lynne - if fasting doesn't work, don't sweat it! just see how it goes.
Old 06-14-2013, 09:27 AM   #675
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynne2u View Post
I love these articles! I've always thought that breeders (of anything, I suppose - cats? Dogs? Horses?) seem to focus on the *business* of their business, and maybe don't get all that invested in new kittens/puppies/whatever, maybe because 1) they don't always survive and 2) you're planning to sell them, no use getting attached...but you really brought the into your feature. Your Bailee, the way you describe it it sort of seems like your little sister having her first baby!
Awww thank you
It is hard as a breeder, everyone thinks you make a tonne of money (you dont!) I love my cats, they are my babies. Anni lost a litter in November, she had one kitten foot first that took it's dying breath in my hands I rushed her to the vets they did an internal exam and thought there was more gave her 2 injections to try make her contractions starts again but nothing so they opened her up to do a C-section. No more kittens, I was so distressed by the situation I couldn't bare the thought of losing Anni. I know other breeders would have only been bothered about having the kittens to sell but no - it's my girls I love, the kittens are an added bonus..

.. however.. at coming up to 12 weeks old they are driving me bloody batty they are in to everything! We've only had litters of 3 in the past but 5... OMG! They get EVERYWHERE! and I really mean that, Wayne had to take all the plinths off under the kitchen units on Tuesday because George (our fat tabby) had opened the cupboard where the bin is which he raided and left a pile of rubbish in our dining room but he left the cupboard door open (duh! like as if he'd close it behind him!) the kittens got in the cupboard over the back of it behind the sink and under all the units.... needless to say Wayne was not amused! I on the other hand, was at work whilst all this was going on... and thought it was hilarious! Especially when he thought one of them had done a poo under there only to find it was a tea bag!!!
Old 06-14-2013, 10:16 AM   #676
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Awww, Gina. I love to hear stories from responsible breeders. I always seek out dog breeders who's dogs are their babies, even if they are showing and have intentions of breeding them. At the vet's office a couple of weeks ago someone asked me if my dane was a show dog *or* a pet. Hmmm. That question always makes me scratch my head. At first I just said, 'yes.' lol. But then I elaborated a bit that he's a cherished family member first and foremost, but that I do enjoy showing him and he is a champion show dog. The world would be a much better place if all breeders loved and cared about each and every animal they bring into the world. All of my friends are like this, so in my little world it's so hard to imagine how & why people can be so cold & heartless when all they see are dollar signs. Like you said, done right, you really don't make much - if any- profit. You have to do it out of love.

Anyway... HI GUYS!!!

Yesterday ended up being busy of pretty much nothing and I didn't make it over here. We had a decent sized grass fire pretty close to home. I'm tucked in the middle of a subdivision, though, so knew that there was virtually no way the fire crews would let the fire get into the subdivision. It reached 237 acres, but was 100% contained in about 4 hours. We had ash falling in our yard and I was sick from the smoke, but no one was injured, all homes were saved, and all is well with the world. I'm down to 188 today, so back to my old low. Hoping for a new low soon! Still loving JUDDD for the most part. I've had to explain why I'm not eating a couple of times, but I'm a big girl and really don't care if people think I'm an neurotic starving mess.

Danielle, your 3 hour plan doesn't sound like fun at all. Could you make up little baggies of protein & veggies that you can just grab? Even if it's the same thing or a few similar things it would be easier than trying to recreate another meal every 3 hours?

Monica, you're probably already gone, but enjoy your long weekend. I know that yearning feeling well. It's amazing how much we miss the little stinkers when they're gone!

Lynne, I'm so glad you're back on track. Definitely be kind to yourself. You still have a lot on your plate

Liz... where'd ya go? Did we lose Liz?

Happy weekend ladies!!!
Old 06-14-2013, 11:31 AM   #677
Blabbermouth!!!

I thought I would be that mom when DS left for school...i've surprised even myself. I don't feel that crazy feeling with him that I swore I would.. He's pretty good about checking in once in awhile and I will call or text him every few days to say hi.. he also chats quite a bit with DD16 so I know he's alive! I am anxious to begin my next chapter of not having to answer to any kids and doing what I want..maybe that makes me a bad parent at the moment, but I don't much care I raised my kids and now mama wants to play!

The meal planning thign, the idea *is* to make ahead for upwards of a week and portion it all out, etc.. I got excited about this at first but frankly, I'm just not a kitchen kinda girl.. Ooopps! Eventually it would be wonderful if I could get to thsi point but with the kids crazy schedules, etc..it's just creating to much neurotic chaos for my tastes.. I've got OCD and all this counting, measuring etc is creating massive anxiety to me. I do ok with minimal counting.like logging food in a counter and being done with it.. I've been to therapy for this and he basically is the one who lead me to LC'ing essentially ya don't gotta count much when you do that, right?

Anywho, I'm just going back to what was working the last couple weeks and incorporating some of the things from the book in terms of veggies/fruits types, changing grain choices, etc.. I'll also incorporate his 9min workouts w/ cardio..I can do anything for 9 minutes!
Old 06-14-2013, 12:57 PM   #678
Blabbermouth!!!

Ok, phew got everyone out and off to work that needs to.. a lil peace & quiet goes a long way, huh?

Tami~ so cool you're back to previous weight..let the new losses commence! I am naturally gravitating to JUDDD which is so weirdly ironic to me I'm wondering if perhaps this is why i am resisting the whole idea about eating every 3 hrs?

something I just realized as I was writing about JUDDD...while I was doing it whole heartedly before I can't say that I ever experimented with calories...upping them, lowering them, etc..to try and get the losses going again after they slowed somewhat... If memory serves I seemed to have done better with alittle higher DD's , say around 700'ish..rather than the 0-300 range..It'd gotten to a point though where I felt so good totally fasting..however, the scale did not agree somehow. So, hmmmmmmm, something I'm going to think about this weekend..perhaps maybe this is my range and what I need to continue to lose? I love JUDDD I love the ease of DD's..and it'd be super easy to make easy food for the low days.

I'm not a cat person either. Sorry Gina! We had kitties when I was little and they were always so mean to me I believe I've been traumatized!
Old 06-14-2013, 01:46 PM   #679
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Anywho, I'm just going back to what was working the last couple weeks and incorporating some of the things from the book in terms of veggies/fruits types, changing grain choices, etc.. I'll also incorporate his 9min workouts w/ cardio..I can do anything for 9 minutes!
This makes a lot of sense to me! You were losing well, too. I'm with you on the not wanting to count, which is why I resisted JUDDD so long. Low carb really is easy and I'll probably go back and forth between the two forever? It's nice to have options, though. For now I"m still only counting my down days and seem to be doing 'ok' and that makes me happy. I really do hate counting, but there's not a whole lot of counting when you're only doing it ever other day and even then only counting to 400. lol

Poor Gina, stuck with all of us non-cat people. Don't feel too bad. I have snakes and practically no one likes them.
misscobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 01:48 PM   #680
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by misscobi View Post
Poor Gina, stuck with all of us non-cat people. Don't feel too bad. I have snakes and practically no one likes them.
Nooo, not all of us are non-cat people!! I cats. Dogs, not so much. Sorry, dog lovers.

I snakes, too.

Lynne
Old 06-14-2013, 02:21 PM   #681
Major LCF Poster!

Oh good! Now I don't feel as bad

I don't hate cats, just don't want to live with them ever again. lol In my head I know the dogs are just as much work, if not more, and make just as big of messes, if not more, but somehow I find the dog related work to not be such a big deal and the joy to work ratio is much higher with the dogs. lol I know it's just me and an individual preference sort of thing. I do love visiting with kitties
Old 06-17-2013, 05:58 AM   #682

Quote:
Originally Posted by misscobi View Post
OH MY! I hate snakes. Just reading this made me cringe and have to look away from the computer. (*YES I am that scared/stupid about them!)
Old 06-17-2013, 06:03 AM   #683

Good morning all! Survived the weekend. Fun was had by all. Some did the movies, some did ceramics, there was food/wine and games played. We celebrated my sister/BILs anniversary, Father's Day....YOU NAME IT!

DD11 had a great time at camp. She loved it all and has a new friend she is texting. I swear that girl would strike up a conversation with a TREE STUMP. She knows no stranger and age makes no difference to her. I think the teachers refer to it as SOCIAL! Our trip to friends house was great and even got in a full day with my family. WHEW, need to head back to work to REST!

So Friday is the end, right??? I will weigh in my final weight Friday morning.

Tami - way to go on the low.

Danielle - I think with JUDDD especially, too many people tweak way to early. Not sure you read over on that board, but the 2 main losers also just keep going lower and lower with their goal weight. That will never be me. I want a nice weight that I can easily maintain. I won't be SKINNY or such, but that is not what I want. Make sense??

Lynne - when is the actual MOVE??

So what will we name our new challenge???
Old 06-17-2013, 06:52 AM   #684
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
OH MY! I hate snakes. Just reading this made me cringe and have to look away from the computer. (*YES I am that scared/stupid about them!)
Sorry to scare you! That's how my grandma was, too. I can't tell you how many times we were camping at the family's cabin and she'd have all of us kids up on top of the picnic table, her dancing around with the occasional squeal, because there was a snake nearby. Yep. Couldn't see a pic in a book, read about them, etc. I miss my grandma lots & think it's cute

Sounds like you had a fun, but crazy busy as usual, weekend. I promise, someday life will be much quieter & you'll miss some of the insanity Glad DD11 had a great time at camp! My boys are both pretty darned social, the oldest especially. I always loved watching him make friends so easily. He'd walk into a new group and they'd all be following his lead in no time. That's the one who now plans on going into teaching. In fact, he just got his first high school JV coaching job. Those social skills come in handy.

Eeek to the challenge being over already! I blew the name of this one, so someone else gets to pic our new fall(?) challenge. Where does the time go? Wish the weight disappeared as quick as the time!

Thanks for the congrats on getting back to my old low... new one may be a couple of days off still. I had my first DD screw up on Saturday. Mid afternoon hubby came in and asked if we could go out for an early Father's Day Dinner instead of dealing with the crowds on Sunday. He has dart league Sundays, too, so it made sense and I decided just to go with the flow and enjoy dinner. Then we went and saw Man of Steel and I kept myself awake through it with a caramel frappuccino from Starbucks. Not that the movie was boring (though it had it's moments where coffee wasn't quite enough. lol) it was just late. I actually really enjoyed the movie. Loved the story line. The fight scenes seemed a bit long, but that's probably just me and it being past my bedtime. lol So anyway, followed up with a nice low DD yesterday, but I was at 191 this morning. Just playing with those same few pounds.
Old 06-17-2013, 06:56 AM   #685
Senior LCF Member

OMG can't believe it ends so soon!
Well I've not really managed to be any slimmer.....
Maybe I'll see a nice little woooosh on Friday with my new WOE.. we'll see!!
Old 06-17-2013, 07:00 AM   #686
Major LCF Poster!

I'm in the same boat, Gina. It's hard to imagine this whole challenge has passed and I'm really just about the exact same size as I was in the beginning. Here's to whooshes for all!
Old 06-17-2013, 11:30 AM   #687

Tami - I'm like your Grandma, except, I would toss the kids in FRONT of the snake to save myself! KIDDING!

That is how my DD11 is. As of right now, her dream is to be an elementary school teacher. She could seriously talk to a stump! She has friends of all ages. Some several years OLDER than she is and some several years YOUNGER. My DS14, opposite. Not social at all, if nothing else, very OFF around others.
Old 06-17-2013, 12:59 PM   #688
Major LCF Poster!

Good afternoon everyone!!

I have to tell you about my Father's Day 2013.

I don't know if I admitted this to you all, but I took out a high-interest payday loan last month so that I'd have enough money to move. (I know, I know. That was the only option left. Anyway.)

Yesterday I got an email from the loan company saying that my *second* payment of the month was due. It turns out they're charging me almost $400 a month for a $1250 loan...and it's almost all fees!!

So...

I emailed my Uncle Chuck (My dad's younger brother, separated from him in early childhood, reunited on the Internet about 20 years ago) and explained my situation and that I had gotten myself into a pickle and could he help? (I never ask anyone for anything, btw. Trying to be a big girl and all that.)

He immediately emailed me back, saying 1) what's your address? I need to know where to send the check...for the whole amount you owe those sharks, plus a little extra; 2) Those payday loan people are predators, and those loans should be illegal; and 3) pay me back when it's comfortable, and forget about interest. No interest here at the bank of Uncle Chuck.

I felt *so* loved. All because I did something STUPID and needed to be rescued.

When I realized it was Father's Day - my father passed away in 2000 - I was all AWWWW.

Monica, about pushing the kids in front of the snake!!

Oh, and moving day is July 3.

Gina, I loved the poo/teabag story. That's what Wayne gets for leaving the cupboard door open, I say.

Tami, you're doing fine. You're in onederland!! What's not to love?? Anyway, the longer it takes, the longer you're here with us, and that's good. Selfishly speaking.

Danielle, I've had the same issue with fasting - *I* love it, but the scale not so much. Also I can't sleep when I hard-core fast. I still fast most of the day, but not the whole day anymore.

I made it to 5pm last DD, and called that a win.

Friday's the day!! What's the new challenge going to be called?

Tripping into Fall?? (Okay, maybe not.)

Happy Monday!!

Lynne
Old 06-17-2013, 01:53 PM   #689
Major LCF Poster!

Aww, Lynne, that's so awesome that Uncle Chuck stepped up like that. It's good to know that family is willing to help if it comes to that and the fact that you haven't asked previously shows them that you wouldn't have asked now had it not been important. Love it. Sorry about your dad, tho

I could never leave you guys and yes, onederland is good! Hmmm... we're going to have to keep this challenge going forever <gg> It's already been well over a year since I joined you! You can't get rid of me that easily

Monica, one of the things I loved when reading my son's letters of recommendation for college was an account of his ability to relate to all ages. He had been put in a management position while he was in high school and had to meet with the other managers from other pools, all adults - most grown men. The person writing the letter said he was a little concerned about how DS would handle himself in that situation but that he shouldn't have been. He not only spoke to those adults with respect, but had no problems stating concerns and being taken seriously when making suggestions. We have pretty cool kids I find it absolutely fascinating watching them learn to navigate in this big world.
Old 06-18-2013, 05:55 AM   #690

Quote:
I felt *so* loved. All because I did something STUPID and needed to be rescued
I am so glad he loaned you the money! Please do not ever do that again. your Uncle is correct, they are SHARKS and it should not at all be LEGAL the way they do things! That's what family is for girl! Lean on them, obviously he was more than willing to help.