Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2013, 08:11 AM   #631
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Happy Weekend! Scale read 190 this morning, maybe even a tad under! Still not back to 188, but moving that direction

Danielle, it's amazing they can keep a business running. Your DH's work actually sounds worse than mine... most of my DH's issues are backstabbing, gossiping, things that aren't out in the wide open like that. If they do get in a spat out in the open they have to write out what happened and it goes in their file, so they try to avoid that. lol Otherwise they're like little kids... hiding things just to be spiteful, parking a car they know someone else needs 'now' way at the back of the parking lot. Stupid stuff.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2013, 10:51 AM   #632
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Quote:
Originally Posted by misscobi View Post
Happy Weekend! Scale read 190 this morning, maybe even a tad under! Still not back to 188, but moving that direction

Danielle, it's amazing they can keep a business running. Your DH's work actually sounds worse than mine... most of my DH's issues are backstabbing, gossiping, things that aren't out in the wide open like that. If they do get in a spat out in the open they have to write out what happened and it goes in their file, so they try to avoid that. lol Otherwise they're like little kids... hiding things just to be spiteful, parking a car they know someone else needs 'now' way at the back of the parking lot. Stupid stuff.
It's cuthroat.. I get it..but honestly I believe that the 2 guys DH has the biggest issue with salesman wise, are terrified of him. Not bragging but it's a fact that he can outsell anyone in that showroom because he knows how to read people.. the 2 guys that are continually salesman of the month and wreaping benefits of extra $ etc..are 2 guys that are "spooned" done-deals from the used car director or the sales manager, where all they do is go thru the formalities of signing paperwork and handing over keys.... its VERY frustrating to the other men who are trying to survive and feed their families too.. and then you have these so-called managers screaming and yelling..it's just all very volatile. I'd have ended up in jail a long time ago workin there, cause frankly, I'd have cut a B**** by now! And forwhatever reason, Dh is the one that gets picked on more than the others..I believe it's because they're threatened by him so they try to shake him. It doesn't work often but it definitely adds stress and THAT PISSES ME OFF!

Great job on the scale, lady!

We went out to dinner last night.. I didn't overdo it at all...bits and pieces of a bunch of stuff but just felt very sinful.. and there may have been a beer or 2 in there..

I'll be laid up. I have had this pain in my lower back since yesterday morning.. today I can barely move..Ugh!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:07 AM   #633
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/207/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet/JUDDD/no sugar
Hi everyone!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
And forwhatever reason, Dh is the one that gets picked on more than the others..I believe it's because they're threatened by him so they try to shake him. It doesn't work often but it definitely adds stress and THAT PISSES ME OFF!
I found something about that over at the Workplace Bullying Institute website, in a section called "Who Gets Targeted":

Quote:
WBI research findings from our year 2000 study and conversations with thousands of targets have confirmed that targets appear to be the veteran and most skilled person in the workgroup.

Targets are independent. They refuse to be subservient. Bullies seek to enslave targets. When targets take steps to preserve their dignity, their right to be treated with respect, bullies escalate their campaigns of hatred and intimidation to wrest control of the target's work from the target.

Targets are more technically skilled than their bullies. They are the "go-to" veteran workers to whom new employees turn for guidance. Insecure bosses and co-workers can't stand to share credit for the recognition of talent. Bully bosses steal credit from skilled targets.

Targets are better liked, they have more social skills, and quite likely possess greater emotional intelligence. They have empathy (even for their bullies). Colleagues, customers, and management (with exception to the bullies and their sponsors) appreciate the warmth that the targets bring to the workplace.

Targets are ethical and honest. Some targets are whistleblowers who expose fraudulent practices. Every whistleblower is bullied. Targets are not schemers or slimy con artists. They tend to be guileless. The most easily exploited targets are people with personalities founded on a prosocial orientation -- a desire to help, heal, teach, develop, nurture others.

Targets are non-confrontive. They do not respond to aggression with aggression. (They are thus morally superior.) But the price paid for apparent submissiveness is that the bully can act with impunity (as long as the employer also does nothing).
Does that sound like DH?

Tami, good job you!! You're really inspiring me to get down and serious again. I'm trying to be nice to myself right now during the move, but I WILL get this 20 lb. backtracking weight gain back off!!

Good weekend all!!

Lynne
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 11:11 AM   #634
Big Yapper!!!!

EXACTLY Lynne! It's right on.. he is "the" veteran guy...he's been there the longest out of all of the salesguys..even longer than the one sales mgr who's constantly riding him..the other manager is the GM's son..so you can only imagine what that's like..and lemme tell ya, DH serves it up piping hot to that guy when he plays the "daddy card"...he seriously does the, "I'm gonna tell dad"..not even joking!!

Like how I tell DD16 that jealousy is an ugly thing with the stuff she's dealt with...DH is no different.. there is one guy there who is fairly new'ish..he's figured out who the REAL salesman is, where the REAL talent is and he's latched on to DH and asking lots of questions and wanting to work deals with him, etc.. Ugh, the whole thing is disconcerting and I worry that one day he's just gonna blow.
Old 06-09-2013, 06:51 PM   #635
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Tami - I guess we take the good with the bad , right?

Lynne - is Gavin excited about summer break? Do the two of you just hang out??

Danielle - did you see a movie? If so what?

I weighed this morning and was shocked, major whosh down to 167. I'll take it! Not sure how it happened .
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 06:52 PM   #636

Danielle - sorry your back is bothering you !!
Old 06-09-2013, 07:15 PM   #637
Major LCF Poster!

Monica, WooHoo!!! Love love love it! Congrats on a new low! Yay!

Lynne, that workplace bullying quote certainly fits here as well. Hubby is the veteran guy, walked into this job and trained the other two yahoos, who, of course are threatened by him. He just wants to do his job and go home at the end of the day. I wouldn't catagorize what they do as bullying so much, though, as just generally being a pita to everyone. lol

Danielle, so sorry to hear about your back. We really must be on the same wavelength or something. My back has been spasming all weekend between my shoulder blades. I walked for the first time in 3 days this morning and it definitely aggrivated it. My neck is super tight, so I'm guessing it's a reffered pain sort of thing, but not sure since I have low & mid back injury as well as my neck? Who knows!?! I do know how frustrating it is, though! Hope your'e feeling better soon!!! As for our DH's... it's soooo hard for our guys to work in that sort of environment. I really feel for your DH. Mine too. His attitude about the whole thing seems to wax and wane, but he really hates working where he does and 99% of it is because guys who should be helping each other can't manage to communicate well enough to just get the work done. I wonder how much of this has to do with our guys working commission based jobs? DH also works for a dealership, but is an auto painter. They 'share' commission hours equally between 3 of them and they just can't manage to work as a team. The best he can hope for is staying out of each other's way. It's rediculous. Still beats working hourly, though ($ )

Lynne, maybe you'll be ready to get serious when things settled down about after the move? I really am having fun with JUDDD so it's hard for me to think of it as 'being serious' right now. lol. Last night I had my favorite mexican w/ a very strong drink. I didn't get on the scale this morning, but I'm hoping tommorrow's weigh in is pleasant. lol
misscobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:06 AM   #638

Tami - Isn't that the AMAZING thing about JUDDD??? I mean, enjoying life and not worrying about it??? So thrilled you are enjoying it and thanks!

It's MONDAY! Doesn't that say it all! YAWN-fest for me today! T I R E D! I could use an extra day on the weekend to recover!

DD11 leaves for church camp at noon today. SHE is so excited. She has been packed since Wednesday!
Old 06-10-2013, 08:02 AM   #639
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Genie80
WOE: Slimming World
Start Date: Re-start 09.18.13
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
It's MONDAY! Doesn't that say it all! YAWN-fest for me today! T I R E D! I could use an extra day on the weekend to recover!
You and me both....
It was too much eating, drinking and being merry for us! lol!

Danielle - Sorry about your back hun!

Lynne - Get the move out the way THEN think about weight loss again, we moved at the beginning of March and I tried to stick to dieting whilst I was packing & wotnot but it just didn't happen, I think you need to be in the right 'head space' to think about what your eating etc,. and moving really isn't the time!

Tami - Glad you're enjoying JUDDD, My SIL is on WW and we were there Saturday. It was my UD so I enjoyed a few beers, Doritos etc,. she wasn't impressed! lol!

Happy Monday all..
Amazingly the sun is still shining in Manchester, supposed to be back to rain by Monday again thought :-(

Read my journal Asthma/Fibromyalgia/IBS/ME
Genie80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:47 AM   #640
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning everyone!!

Tami and Danielle, I am sorry about your back pain both of you! I had no idea how many people suffer from workplace bullying. It's especially bad in this day and age when everybody is just desperate for a job!

Tami, your back pain is setting off some alarms for me.

Women experience heart attack pain in their back sometimes (often), very differently from men. Are you also feeling weak, woozy, or just not well? Indigestion? Shortness of breath?

Quote:
Debra, age 42, USA: “I was under a lot of stress the week I had my heart attack. My first symptom was an odd squeezing sensation in my chest, as if someone reached out and grabbed my heart and squeezed it a few times. No pain – it really didn’t hurt. After my chest sensations went away, my upper back between my shoulder blades started to ache immensely.
Quote:
Sharon, age 43, New Zealand: “My heart attack started as I was walking across a flat lawn on my way to feed our goldfish. The pain struck out of the blue. I had no idea that a heart attack could present with pain in the back rather than the chest. My first symptom was a strong pain in between my shoulder blades, a lot like very bad indigestion but in my back instead of my tummy.
If I'm way off base here or needing to mind my own business I can understand that but if you can get it checked out just in case, I'd be really happy.

Mexican and a strong beverage, huh? Sounds perfect!! And this is why we JUDDD so much!

Monica, I don't think Gavin really understands summer break, to tell you the truth. I keep telling him about it, though.

Last year and the year before, he went to summer camp almost all summer! This year we can't afford it, so we're going to be spending the summer doing fun (social) things together. Not sure what yet.

Gina, you are so right about getting in the right head space. It's just that with the stress of the move and all and eating too much, I'm gaining weight and it's depressing to see all last year's hard work going down the drain!!

Me... taking care of business, taking care of myself. Trying not to sweat the small stuff. Staying OFF the scale.

Happy Monday all!!

Lynne

Carbohydrate Addict's Diet. Hopefully.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.
Old 06-10-2013, 11:12 AM   #641
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you so much for the concern, Lynne <3 Unfotunately it's a familiar pain that's definitely related to back/neck stuff. It all stems from that car accident several years ago. It is concerning, though. They link pain there to everything from gall bladder to heart attack, like you mentioned. I get definite movement related cramping, though and I'm 99% sure it's same old same old back stuff. No indigestion, no shortness of breath. Annoying, but likely not life threatening. I honestly do appreciate the concern, though!!!

And yes, I am loving JUDDD... it was a foofoo beverage, but their bartender must have been feeling very generous. lol

Gina, I *almost* feel sorry for your sister... almost... <gg>

Monica, so cute about DD and her early packing. I bet she's so excited! How fun! Hope Monday goes quickly!

I'm down just a bit more, back to 189, getting closer and closer to a new low
Old 06-10-2013, 12:19 PM   #642
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Thank you so much for the concern, Lynne <3 Unfotunately it's a familiar pain that's definitely related to back/neck stuff. It all stems from that car accident several years ago. It is concerning, though. They link pain there to everything from gall bladder to heart attack, like you mentioned. I get definite movement related cramping, though and I'm 99% sure it's same old same old back stuff. No indigestion, no shortness of breath. Annoying, but likely not life threatening. I honestly do appreciate the concern, though!!!
Oh! Okay. Well, thank you for setting my mind at ease - you know I'm a worrywart.

Quote:
I'm down just a bit more, back to 189, getting closer and closer to a new low
Good job!!

Lynne
Old 06-10-2013, 01:32 PM   #643
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks It cramps up, mostly on my right side (not left ) especially if I reach down for something. Then I find myself walking myself back upright by pushing my hands on my knees, thighs, etc. I feel like a little old man! It is getting better, though. Seems Saturday was the worst.
Old 06-10-2013, 04:06 PM   #644
Big Yapper!!!!

My back is so much better today.. at least I don't have to hobble all hunched over like I'm a thousand years old! Some minor pain still and trying to take it easy but sheesh, if I don't get some laundry done we may just all be nekkid by morning! I'd let DH do it but we concur, yeah, that's not a good idea! He does alot of things, but laundry...uhhhh not so much!

Tami~ So glad you're feeling better and contra'ts on the loss!!! VWL is next up on the menu!!!

Lynne~ It's astounding how idiotic some of these men are that DH has to work with.. the guy is good at what he does if they would just leave him alone and let him do his magic. Funnily enough, they've harrassed DH about his tattoos..telling him how it makes him less approachable and less likely to make sales, blah blah blah....well, he has gotten more compliments on the ones that are visible, especially by the lil ole ladies that he's dealt with! Not one person has ever complained about them. His last one he got, the bully sales mgr nearly went balistic..and the GM laughed and said, looks great!! Bully manager yells, quit encouraging him!! As if their the parents of this grown man!

Take care of yourself for sure..very important!

Monica~ We didn't go to the movies this week..just dinner. Still wanna see The Internship & Now You See Me.. also new Sandra Bullock movie coming out in a couple weeks, as well as, new Channing Tatum flick!
Congrats on your whoooosh!
Old 06-11-2013, 02:06 AM   #645
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
they've harrassed DH about his tattoos..telling him how it makes him less approachable and less likely to make sales, blah blah blah....well, he has gotten more compliments on the ones that are visible, especially by the lil ole ladies that he's dealt with! Not one person has ever complained about them. His last one he got, the bully sales mgr nearly went balistic..and the GM laughed and said, looks great!! Bully manager yells, quit encouraging him!! As if their the parents of this grown man!
Ha I have to cover my tattoos and take my piercings out for work (although I do get away with a clear plastic bar in my eyebrow) I'd kill for a job where I couldshow mine off. My boss saw my back piece for the first time the other day and was like 'Wow!' wasn't expecting that lol! x
Old 06-11-2013, 06:15 AM   #646

Some people are so stupid! That is just a fact and ADULTS seem to be more stupid and immature than any child!

It's Tuesday, unfortunately, not very close to Friday!

How's everyone here? WHere's LIZ????
Old 06-11-2013, 09:03 AM   #647
Major LCF Poster!

Danielle, glad to hear your back is better... hopefully even better still this morning! You lost me with VWL, tho... V weight loss? Very fast weight loss would be good A friend loved Now You See Me, fwiw

Boy isn't that the truth about stupid, immature adults. Really makes me shake my head and wonder how they've made it in this world this long!

Sure hope this week speeds up a bit... it really feels like it should be at least Thursday by now!
Old 06-12-2013, 07:49 AM   #648

HUMP DAY! How are all in our challenge world? When does this challenge end? is it next Friday???
Old 06-12-2013, 07:51 AM   #649

START 173

GOAL 169

Here was what I typed way back on 03/26..... I may actually finish the challenge Below my goal! That has never happened, heck I don't think I ever even MADE it to my goal!
Old 06-12-2013, 08:12 AM   #650
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
START 173

GOAL 169

Here was what I typed way back on 03/26..... I may actually finish the challenge Below my goal! That has never happened, heck I don't think I ever even MADE it to my goal!

That is awesome, Monica!!! WooHoo!

Up just a tad after a tougher than usual down day, so mildly annoyed here. I'll live, though, and will keep chugging along.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:20 AM   #651

TAMI - let's please keep in mind how many of these Challenges I have done with you all and not even MET my goal weight! There have been MANY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stay the coarse girl! You can do this.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:25 AM   #652
Big Yapper!!!!

Pffffft, are you kidding? Every challenge I have ended up BIGGER than when I started! ... I know it's not funny.....but it is.. .
Old 06-12-2013, 11:13 AM   #653
Major LCF Poster!

Awww, Danielle, we need to fix that!

I had to go look up my previous goals & spring was the only one I met (after leaving my goal weight the same for 3 challenges!) and I'm not much under that now. All we can do is keep working at it.

Summer Challenge 270/238/220
Autumn Challenge 238/220/199
End of the World 220/208/199
Swing Into Spring 208/194/199
Old 06-12-2013, 12:04 PM   #654
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning everyone!!

Monica, Great job! Friday is the last day!

Danielle, I know what you mean about ending every challenge bigger than you started. That's me, too...this time. I WILL get back on this pony and ride. I'm NOT going to end up gaining back all the weight I lost last year!!

Tami, look at you, though! For the first time, you broke 200!! You've been working at that for a while, and you did it!!

Me... I have nothing very diet-related to report, but for those folks impatiently waiting for new vampires to love/hate? I'm happy to report that I've now planted the three big tent poles that will provide the structure of the first book's story. It's getting really exciting now because I can see how it will come together and what it ought to look like when it's finished.

Did you know big stories are like big structures? (I didn't.) Just like buildings or bridges, they need engineering as well as art if they're going to hold up. I've read (and watched) millions of stories in my life, and never really noticed the engineering underneath before.

Gavin's out of school now, so he figures he's got me all to himself at his beck and call. Sorry Muffin - Momma's gotta clean and pack too.

I'm ending this challenge 20 lbs heavier. Stress puts weight on me. I'll be taking it off next challenge, though!!

See you tomorrow!!

Lynne
Old 06-12-2013, 12:05 PM   #655

Danielle - we love you and with your new WOE you are starting, maybe this will be just what you needed. If nothing else, just keep drooling over Chris...heck, that has to help lose water weight at least!

Tami - you are finding your groove, I know things will start happening for you !!!
Old 06-12-2013, 12:07 PM   #656

Quote:
Me... I have nothing very diet-related to report, but for those folks impatiently waiting for new vampires to love/hate? I'm happy to report that I've now planted the three big tent poles that will provide the structure of the first book's story. It's getting really exciting now because I can see how it will come together and what it ought to look like when it's finished.

Did you know big stories are like big structures? (I didn't.) Just like buildings or bridges, they need engineering as well as art if they're going to hold up. I've read (and watched) millions of stories in my life, and never really noticed the engineering underneath before.

I have never been a writer. Heck, in school writing was by FAR my worst subject! I had no idea and wouldn't even begin to know how to set the structure, how to make the pole or where to put it! But I sure am happy to read and and happy to hear the foundation is set for your trilogy!
Old 06-12-2013, 12:12 PM   #657
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks girls. For the most part I really am ok with this taking forever. lol. Part of me will always want it down now, but there's a bigger part of me that sees the value in not depriving myself quite as much as I had in the past. It'll all work out for all of us.

Lynne, that's pretty cool about the engineering part of a book. I hadn't thought of it that way either and it's certainly not how I naturally write.. um hello, you've read my ramblings. lol... but it does make a lot of sense! I can't wait til we all get a peek at your vampires

Oh yes, Danielle, I almost forgot. I started watching my first episode of Extreme Weightloss last night... the one with the 23 year old brother/sister twins. I only watched 30 minutes while I was on the stationary bike, but I'm looking forward to more. Chris is a doll, isn't he? We could surely take that tiny little thing of a wife
Old 06-12-2013, 01:48 PM   #658
Big Yapper!!!!

I'm tryin, I really am...but I'll tell ya...every 3 hours to eat.. ..

Am realizing that I AM going to have to plan out every single meal to the last detail because it's very overwhelming to not have much planned and just eat.. Hoping that as time goes on this feels easier cause today, I am VERY VERY overwhelmed with data and ideas, etc.. not to mention, NOT HUNGRY! Hard to plan while nothing sounds good to eat! Wild change in concept for sure.

Exercise this afternoon..excited to feel the muscles work..it's been a lonnnng time!

Lynne~ learned something new today about the writing process! I cannot wait to read!!!

Tami~ this season so far has been great...a little bummed that there are no new episodes because of basketball ... if you get a chance make sure to watch Merideth's episode..that girl is a beauty!

Monica~ I absolutely love Chris.. His wife is adorbs too..can't hate her too much
Old 06-13-2013, 02:30 AM   #659
Senior LCF Member

Monica - You're doing so well, defo an inspiration to keep going for me with this woe! I am feeling very bloated this week. I've been pretty good calorie wise but think TOM might be round the corner plus I haven't had a BM since the weekend (TMI I know) so not hoping for much on the weight loss front this week!

Lynne - I like the engineering theory with regards to writing, I hated writing at school and I never thought I was any good at it but then started doing product reviews for 'Your Cat' magazine and then they asked me to write a feature each month over the course of a year to track the first year of one of the kittens I bred. Every month I'd fret about managing to write 500 words and then I'd make notes and write and write and write ending up with my notes alone usually being around 700-900 words!

Danielle - Way to go on the exercise girl, I've not kept to my '3 minute a week' like I'd planned. I can't feel my hands, my knees hurt and my back hurts so much I've already thrown up at work this morning so it's just not on the cards right now!

xx
Old 06-13-2013, 06:17 AM   #660

Tami - YES we could take her out, but she is that perky trainer nice kind of person. I might feel bad squashing her!

Danielle - I am sure as you get into it, you will get a routine. Then you will have your go to meals and snacks. Enjoy the EATING for now!

Gina - I have never had that issue with JUDDD. Every other diet I have been on , YES, but not at all with JUDDD. Sorry girl!