Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2013, 07:36 AM   #601
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
My DD yesterday was on the HIGH side. Right about 1000c. GRRR I just wanted to eat all day. Gnawing hunger all day long. Never felt NOT hungry! OH well, such is. It could be PMS as I also had cramping, since my procedure, I don't shed (is that a nice way to put it) anymore so I really have no clue when PMS is and isn't! Maybe I was just a pig with a belly ache yesterday! WHO KNOWS???

DS14 is doing so great on his plan. Summer is going to be so much easier for him. Sleeps till 11:00 or so, gets up and doesn't eat for a while because there is no rush. Last night he still have 570c left. So proud of him. When I falter, it is when he can't see it. I don't want to set a bad example!

We have really had an easy week. Not a lot going on. I seem a bit lost in the evenings. I finished my book last night. LOVED it and I can't wait for #15 to come out. Tonight we are grilling and having friends over. Adult ones and no extra kids. Our 2 will eat while watching TV, that is a pleasure they don't often get for dinner (unless it's PIZZA / MOVIE night).

Monica -Come see my journey!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2013, 09:03 AM   #602
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/207/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet/JUDDD/no sugar
Good morning everyone!!

Thank you, all. Your support really helps.

Liz, I'm glad your downsizing worked out for you! That gives me hope. In many ways it is going to be better for us - I just didn't like not having enough money at the end of the month. I'm going to keep remembering that it worked out better for you in the end, no matter what it looked like at the time! Thank you.

Danielle, I know, right?? It's hard thinking that your babies are going to be missing something we think they NEED, when all they really need is for us to be there and be happy. and thank you.

It's amazing how many people downsize! I guess I'm not the only one to see the writing on the wall and take steps early rather than late.

Maybe that makes it harder in a way, because it's pre-emptive. Your inner voices (yeah, I know - voices in my head, not a good sign) keep second-guessing your decision.

Monica, you are right. I really didn't think of it that way (wise, mature, etc) until you said it - thank you. And thank you for believing in the Vyeo before they're even born! Well, they're not exactly born. Made, I should say. But not in the usual vampire way.

The whole trilogy has been in my head and in my life, clamoring to get out, which is another reason I want to stop worrying about money and concentrate. Viewed from another angle, this downsizing is my chance to see if I can do this.

Danielle, I love SF too, so I'll be there to visit as well. We'll go to Chinatown for lunch and ride the ferry to Sausalito!

Monica, too funny that DD11 is the one who goes fishing. I guess the dads can't help making the plans when the kid is born, but !!

I had to go Google Chris Powell (shows you how out of touch I am!). Yum, though.

Those extra-hungry DDs are a good sign, right? I can't remember (shows you how out of touch I am!).

Tami, good job on getting through the lunch event intact! You were so sensible. Isn't it amazing how we can now do (rather easily) what once would have been practically unthinkable? We've come so far.

Gina, how's it going? I know it's pretty discouraging when the scale doesn't move for long periods of time, but sometimes the fat is moving out anyway behind the scenes. JUDDD is a healing WOE too, and I know with me it took a good while to start dropping pounds off the scale. Hang in there.

Have a great Wednesday everyone!! Enjoy your cookout tonight Monica, wish I was there!

Lynne

Carbohydrate Addict's Diet. Hopefully.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 11:56 AM   #603
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Hi guys! Didn't meant to go MIA (again!). Our internet has been down. Seems we needed a new modem/router combo and though it could have been fixed bright & early yesterday Comcast didn't put us on their dispatch schedule for the day. Sigh. Anyway, up & running & have missed you guys!!!

Danielle, so glad it's going well, even with hubby underfoot. I noticed ABC has one episode of Extreme Weightloss available online. Think I'll watch it today

Monica, too funny about your dad & DS! And oh, to not shed. How nice that would be. Great job setting a good example for DS. You're such a good mommy and I'm not worried about that high DD a bit.

Lynne, so sorry about the downsizing. If it helps at all I grew up in a trailer park and it was actually a really decent place to grow up. I had tons of friends at my fingertips and all the parents helped look out for all the kids. Hopefully the transition will go smoothly and it'll end up being a good move for Gavin.

My weight has been back up toward 194/195. I'm trying not to sweat it. Today's a DD so this morning's weight was bound to suck anyway. I think I'm going to skip my salt laden popcorn tonight & see if that's what's affecting the scale.

Hang in there, ladies
Old 06-05-2013, 12:22 PM   #604
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by misscobi View Post
Lynne, so sorry about the downsizing. If it helps at all I grew up in a trailer park and it was actually a really decent place to grow up. I had tons of friends at my fingertips and all the parents helped look out for all the kids. Hopefully the transition will go smoothly and it'll end up being a good move for Gavin.
Tami, of all things, this is what we need: people. We've been so isolated out here in the rural bits that it's been really hard on Gavin.

It's a good trailer park. Clean, quiet, well-maintained, some green space. I'd love it if we found it to be warm and embracing, too. We've sorely missed that.

Thank you for the encouragement.

I hate it when the scale bounces up! I know you fight for every pound dropped, so it's very discouraging to see (apparent) backtracking. Hang in there, don't let that old scale see you sweat!! (remember the deodorant commercial? Shows ya how old I am.)

Ciao for now!
Lynne
Old 06-05-2013, 12:40 PM   #605
Major LCF Poster!

I sure hope it turns out to be warm and embracing. If not, I'm gonna come up there and knock some heads

hehe about the deodorant commercial... I certainly remember that one and I'm not old
misscobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 06:06 AM   #606
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Genie80
WOE: Slimming World
Start Date: Re-start 09.18.13
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynne2u View Post
Gina, how's it going? I know it's pretty discouraging when the scale doesn't move for long periods of time, but sometimes the fat is moving out anyway behind the scenes. JUDDD is a healing WOE too, and I know with me it took a good while to start dropping pounds off the scale. Hang in there.
Just having a bit of an all over the place week, not really caught up on everyones threads and my brain isn't functioning today... at all!

I've stayed at 192.2 all week... attempting a good DD today so we'll see what the scales say tomorrow x
Genie80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 06:39 AM   #607

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynne2u View Post
Good morning everyone!!

Thank you, all. Your support really helps.

Monica, you are right. I really didn't think of it that way (wise, mature, etc) until you said it - thank you. And thank you for believing in the Vyeo before they're even born! Well, they're not exactly born. Made, I should say. But not in the usual vampire way.

The whole trilogy has been in my head and in my life, clamoring to get out, which is another reason I want to stop worrying about money and concentrate. Viewed from another angle, this downsizing is my chance to see if I can do this.
Have a great Wednesday everyone!! Enjoy your cookout tonight Monica, wish I was there!:cool:

Lynne
OH you tease girl! I can't wait to learn all about the Vyeo!!!!! I too wish you had been here. It was an enjoyable evening. They arrived at 5:15 and didn't leave till 9:30! I was surprised they stayed so long. That means they enjoyed themselves, right??? These are "new friends" for us? Not sure that is how you describe it. She is on the parent board at the middle school with me. Anyway, great food, great wine and lots of topics! They have a son going into his Senior year of HS. Interesting listening to their trials ahead of them! Then they have twins my DS14's age and a girl my DD11's age!
Old 06-06-2013, 06:47 AM   #608

Tami - Not letting the scale see you sweat is a great idea. Funny, when I typed it I typed SWEAR first! Don't let it hear you swear either. I think scales sense fear and react accordingly. #$@% THING! Sometimes I would like to pick it up and throw it out the window. Then at least I would feel better!!!!!!!! Remember, you are more than a number and I LOVE YOU and your insight! I am so thankful for you girls!

Gina - sorry about the brain not functioning! I think my DS14 is right there with you. Heck, it's only 10 days into Summer break and I think his brain should be MUSH by now. All the Xbox he has been playing! I am trying really hard to NOT nag and be on him constantly .....it is HARD! Hoping he bores of it soon!
Old 06-06-2013, 06:49 AM   #609

All is good here. I have a massive headach this morning. I am certain it is my staying up late that is catching up with me. Summer break, especially in the beginning, kills me. Initially, I think I should stay up to hang with the kids (they stay up till midnight or so). They sleep in. Heck, I don't think DS14 gets up till after noon....and I , get up EARLY!

I'll adjust! OR DIE of sleep deprivation in the meantime! This girl needs her beauty sleep!
Old 06-06-2013, 10:15 AM   #610
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Hey girlies! Sheesh, kids on vacay has totally thrown my days upside down..I feel like I get to the computer later and later lately..

Lynne~ Can't wait til the Vyeo are born! Chris Powell is adorable..I told a friend of mine I was just going to go ring his doorbell..he lives here. I'd love a sit-down with him to get some coaching!

Monica~ Sounds like you had a great night last night!! I can't remember the last time I actually stayed up with the kids I'd go nuts!

Gina~ hang in there honey. Feel better!

Tami~ scale will move soon, I hope you're still liking juddd!
---------------------

Weigh-in is tomorrow...tad nervous as TOM is in full swing I've stuck to my calories everyday and all of my water except for 1 day where I was a tad low.. I feel extremely bloated still.. good news is my rings are spinning again so hopefully the #'s will be good to me.

So DD16 finally got an appt with the gastro.. when I called the nurse I asked purposely about the fact that DD has been GF for nearly 3 months..nurse said, Ah, well, yeah she's gonna need to go back on gluten for "at least" a month prior to her appt".. I Knew this already from everything I'd been reading but wanted to see if this is how this doc rolled.. Mixed feelings about it all, glad that he is a great doc (she's seen him before) but sad that my poor kid is about to be uncomfortable for a month's time. She commented to me last night, well I better get my "fat pants" out..(oh yeah, real big fat pants at a size 7 when she's 10ft tall!) ..she's shrunk down to about a size 1-3 depending on the brand.. I believe this is from her omitting the gluten.
She won't start going back on gluten until the end of the month since her appt isn't until the end of July--he's that back logged.. It's gonna be one lonnnnnggg month!

Nearly finished with my book..just getting to the good parts about what his food plan entails..so far, I'm impressed with everything he has to say. It seems that he has incorporated little bits of alot of different things I've learned (and agreed with) from various other plans..so weird! Low sugar, carbs ARE important, calories DO matter, exercise is a must...all into one little neat package.. Excited to tie it all together and see what lays ahead.

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 12:00 PM   #611

Quote:
Monica~ Sounds like you had a great night last night!! I can't remember the last time I actually stayed up with the kids I'd go nuts!
OH I didn't stay UP with them, just later BECAUSE of them! I'll just blame the kids
Old 06-06-2013, 12:01 PM   #612

OH Danielle that sucks! I know, due to my issues, I wouldn't eat GLUTEN for anything! Being miserable for 1 full month wouldn't be worth it. Hopefully it will be ok since she isn't in school.
Old 06-06-2013, 12:33 PM   #613
Big Yapper!!!!

We're all dreading it, I feel SO bad for her. The good thing (is there such a thing?) is that it won't take much to at least keep things "inflamed"..so to speak.. like a roll with dinner, or half a sandwich at lunchtime.. some soup that isn't GF..etc.. just enough to get the tests validated. I'm nearly positive this is what's wrong w/ her seeing as she was nearly pain free as soon as she cleaned up her eating.. few pains here and there but diminished GREATLY and it's been weeks since she's had any issues. .. so we'll see..praying it's nothing else!
Old 06-06-2013, 12:45 PM   #614
Senior LCF Member

Danielle - Sounds like it's really gonna be a tough month for her I have read so many times how being GF to a certain extend would benefit pretty much everyone.

Monica - Oh don't even get me started on the Xbox!!! Wayne is addicted to the thing, however unlike my ex he tends to avoid it when I'm around unless he know's I'm doing something to keep me busy then I'm more than happy for him to go on it but heaven help him if he plays when I wanna watch something!!! lol!

Lynne - Hmmm, I've skimmed some of the earlier posts and I believe I've missed the low down on these Vampires?????

Something has just occured to me (yes I am slow sometimes!) but I've not been drinking nearly enough water! We usually get the 500ml bottles with our grocery order but since Wayne has been out of work we've been trying to stretch our order to last 2 weeks or so meaning other than the bottle I buy & refill at work... Hmmm.... something I really need to rectify me thinks!!

Read my journal Asthma/Fibromyalgia/IBS/ME
Old 06-06-2013, 02:12 PM   #615
Big Yapper!!!!

Yeah, it's something that our whole family will probably end up eventually doing..not totally 1000% but on most days, yes. I know she feels a whole lot better. What's weird is about Sept. last year all the way through the first part of Jan. she started needing her inhaler ALOT and sometimes it wasn't enough so ended up with steroids for help. Well, going GF we've noticed she's had very few flare-ups and rarely feels as if she *needs* the inhaler..and she's lost the *fluff* she found with the meds.. She goes for a check on her asthma this month, curious to see how well her breathing tests come out!
Gluten/wheat is tough for so many people and my kiddo is one of them!
Old 06-06-2013, 03:14 PM   #616
Major LCF Poster!

Hi everyone!!

Danielle, OMG, gluten for a month to validate the test?? That sucks.

So here's my question then: what are we hoping for out of the test? What are they going to do for her if she turns out to be gluten intolerant? Take her off gluten? Is there a medicine?

My point being, if going gf fixes the problem and she's already gone gf, what else can the test do for her?

That's really interesting about the inhaler. My asthma has been flaring lately with all the pollen and whatever in the air. Maybe gf would help me (I fell off the wagon).

Monica, sorry about your headache, hope it's gone by now.

Gina, the vampires, yes. I'm working on a trilogy. The vampires are actually Vyeo, and they're a little different than the prevailing vampire lore, but everyone will recognize them for what they are. Stay tuned!

Me... nothing much to report, just working on moving house. I've discovered that upon moving out of my current house, they expect me to have all the carpets professionally cleaned! Yeah, right. That should cost 500 bucks or so. Not happening. They've got a big deposit, so I'll let them figure it out.

I feel very nervous about my ability to get this move done. I've got movers coming to do all the heavy lifting, all I've got to do is pack and clean, but today it's freaking me out.

I hope everyone's having a nice afternoon!

See you tomorrow -
Lynne
Old 06-06-2013, 03:53 PM   #617
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
Tami - Not letting the scale see you sweat is a great idea. Funny, when I typed it I typed SWEAR first! Don't let it hear you swear either. I think scales sense fear and react accordingly. #$@% THING! Sometimes I would like to pick it up and throw it out the window. Then at least I would feel better!!!!!!!!
Hehehe.. isn't that the truth? Although Danielle's scale seems to react to threats... there may be something to that! lol

Quote:
Remember, you are more than a number and I LOVE YOU and your insight! I am so thankful for you girls!

Love you & all of 'our' girls, too. We really do have a wonderful group!

I gave up staying up with the kids long ago. I'm a much nicer mommy when I get some sleep Hope your headache is feeling better! Oh, and the xbox... let's hope he'll bore of it, but I sure wouldn't bet much on it

Danielle, I am loving JUDDD... I mean who wouldn't? I'm bouncing between 191 & 194. 191ish is where I was bouncing around on low carb, so I'm not exactly making progress, but I'm not losing ground while enjoying myself, so there's something to be said for that. I didn't track up days after the first few, hoping I'd be one of those lucky ones who could lose at higher UD calories & not worry about it... a girl can dream, right? I think I'm going to have to start doing that. DD's have been a breeze for the most part and I'm consistently coming in at 400 or fewer cals.

Your current eating plan makes so much sense to me. I want it to all be easier, but I have no doubt doing it your way will work if ya' work it

Glad DD got an appt with the gastro doc... bummer she has to go back to eating gluten. I hope the 4 weeks go by quickly for her! Too funny about the size 7 fat pants <gg> Gotta love it!

Genie, I'm right there with you on water (or the lack thereof). It's even warm here, so not why that's such a struggle right now. It just doesn't sound good at all. Off to fill my sippy cup aka tumbler

Lynne, I can't even imagine moving. We've been here since 1997 and while I'm really ready to move elsewhere the thought of packing up and actually moving scares the crud out of me! How about breaking it down into smaller tasks? Maybe a list for each room? I'm a huge list maker... not sure if it really helps or just gives me something other than the task at hand to do for a bit. lol. It does lower my stress level and allows me to sleep easier without constantly thinking about what else needs to be done. Wish we could all come over & help! My two boys could move the big stuff & you can pack the little stuff while I play with Gavin... er, I mean help Gavin pack

I'm hanging in there. Scale was 191 this morning after yesterday's DD. The dog's 24 hour monitor results came back and there was an issue with the recording so we have to redo them. Assuming at least a portion of the tests were valid his heart rate did look better, but there's a chance the whole thing was skewed, so that was definitely a bummer. He's puking today, too, so may be reacting to those meds after all... which would be a shame if they're actually working. Ah. Anyway... all I can do is go with the flow & repeat the 24 hour monitor. It's supposed to be 104 here tomorrow & then down into the mid 80's by Monday, so I'm waiting until Monday to put the monitor back on him. He gets electrodes, a layer of stretchy tape & then a vest over all of that, so the whole set up is hot. Monday should work.

Any exciting weekend plans? None here, but that's nothing new. lol Geez I'm boring since I'm not taxiing kids around anymore!
Old 06-06-2013, 05:07 PM   #618
Big Yapper!!!!

Lynne~ Well, the issue is is that we don't know "exactly" if that's what's wrong with her..yeah she feels better but we don't have a real exact dx.. if that makes sense? She has markers for being celiac..asthma, ezcema, stomach issues, insomnia, and a couple others.. the fact that our family is riddled with tons of autoimmune stuff we gotta figure it out..
She dropped the extra lbs so quickly it almost made her look sick for a couple weeks..poor kid.. He'll test for whatever else he's gonna test for..in 2011 we went to see him because she was complaining of GERDS type stuff.. and he ran a ton of tests and everything came back clear.. I'm not sure if he ran for blood antibodies for celiac or not..the difinitive test would be an intestinal biopsy..:faint They need to see her antibodies "inflamed" if that makes sense..because in the end Celiac left untreated could be fatal..just crosses and dotting everything ATM.. we also are meeting with a nutrionist at the same time with him to make sure she's getting everything she should be...I LOVE Children's Hospital!

Sorry about the moving stuff..I HATE moving! I say make lists accordingly and do a bit at a time..not so overwhelming that way.. Ugh, the carpet cleaning thing irks me..seriously WTH.... I'd leave it too.

Tami~ Oh yeah, real big..size 7.....that kid of mine! But I totally get it!!!! She got used to always been lean and lanky and a size 0 ..so yeah, it would be shocking! She'll get through this, just thankful that she's out of school.. and thank God for "chronic-illness" cause I think she's actually gonna qualify for next year but at least it will keep the school off my A$$... ridiculous too to hound me about her not being in class when the girl has a 4.6 GPA....just sayin...sheesh!
Old 06-06-2013, 06:03 PM   #619

Lynne - I agree with Tami, smaller lists working to get it all done, would that help ???

Tami - darn that you have to redo the test. That stinks

Danielle - I hope things go easy for her and then you find out something !!

Gina - Xbox worst thing ever invented !!!
Old 06-06-2013, 06:12 PM   #620
Big Yapper!!!!

All this talk about xbox and I was totally oblivious! I've been traumatized!!!! Seriously, DH is HARDCORE.. er, at least he *used* to be.... he played at all hours of the day and night whenever he had a moment..it was insanity.. He still is buying all the games that keep coming out they're just now laying around unopened, taking up space, and a big hole in my bank account! In all seriousness...he will play once in awhile when I'm either gone or I'm doing something in another room. The money thing, well, I got smart...1 for you, 2 for ME...in handbags, books, shoes, whatever I can find!
Old 06-07-2013, 02:06 AM   #621
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
The money thing, well, I got smart...1 for you, 2 for ME...in handbags, books, shoes, whatever I can find!
I this!!!!! Ha ha... I make sure if he's buying a game he treats me too, I know he's got me a new handbag ordered - Defo my weakness!!
Old 06-07-2013, 06:23 AM   #622

Danielle - you ARE smart! My DH hates the Xbox. He isn't even really fond of the Wii. He is on DS14 all the time about it. I finally got them both to agree that as long as XXX for the day is done, he can play and hear nothing from us!

It's FRIDAY! I am so glad. Leaving work at 3;00 today as we have softball games tonight. The weather should be perfect...although chilly. I have jeans, t-shirt, hoodie, long socks on! I think I will be SET!
Old 06-07-2013, 08:53 AM   #623
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning everyone!!

Danielle, Gina, I love that game/handbag thing.

Monica, I love the way you parent! You're quite the negotiator.

On moving: I'm going to take it 15 minutes at a time, make lists and check off boxes, and do a really good job at cleaning to make up for anything I truly *can't* do that would require money, running around, etc. All you can do is your best, right?

Tami, I'm glad you're loving JUDDD! I was hoping I wouldn't have count UDs, too. Oh well. As you say, a girl can dream.

Poor doggie with the hot weather and the vest. 104?? That's not even fair.

Thanks for the moving ideas, I'm going to do that. I wish you lived right around the corner, you could play with Gavin while I pack! That would be great! It won't be so bad for me moving because I got rid of just about everything when I moved to the beach in 2010. It's mostly getting rid of extra clutter and removing spider webs.

Off to be productive - only 2 more days of school for Gavin!

Lynne
Old 06-07-2013, 12:16 PM   #624

Quote:
Monica, I love the way you parent! You're quite the negotiator.
Lynne you wouldn't have been proud of me last summer. We got our Xbox used in May 2012. Like 5 days before school got out. Summer break starts and all HE!! breaks loose. DS14 (13 at time) crying because he feels we are just trying to ruin his life. DH not compromising on 4 hours a day only! I mean, it was summer and he stayed up late. It was awful. I would have to console DS14 in tears and then later, DH who would swear he was going to throw the Xbox away and cursed the moment we got it! We have moved on. Honestly, is it worth the fight? DS14 has to get out and walk the dog and on work days, ride his bike to work. We leave a list of things that need to be done. If all of that is handled, WHY should we care? Now, he is losing weight....can't have that in our minds. The way he is going, he will be at goal before school starts in August!

I wish I lived around the corner too. I could easily see us talking till WAY LATER than we should and me LOVING on Gavin just as much as he would allow! Love you girl!
Old 06-07-2013, 12:17 PM   #625

HOW ARE YOU LYNNE?
Old 06-07-2013, 12:29 PM   #626
Big Yapper!!!!

Gina~ I can't complain..DH spoils me rotten. I pretty much get whatever I want and I'm not much of a high maintenance kinda girl anyways..despite his best efforts to try and tease me that I am. I even get back rubs nearly every single night and whenever he's off in the evenings, he cooks.. kinda hard to get mad at him for wanting to play for a few hours every now and then.

Monica~ my 2 older kids have consoles..DS has an xbox and Dd18 has a Wii.. DD16 could care less..give her netflix and she's happy.

Lynne~ great plan for packing it's all you can do, and we all know it will be your very best. Hooray for summer vacay!

--------------

Down another 2.2 this week.. thank God! TOM is kicking me around pretty good and I sincerely thought i was gonna blow up like a sponge and gain 20lbs.

Hoping to do dinner out tonight, i really don't feel like cooking tonight.. movie maybe I dunno.. DH is having a bad day at work today..what I'd love to do is go into that place and rip everyone a new a$$hole.. They deserve it.. funnily enough, after DH being there for 10+ years they can't figure out why I want nothing to do with any of them..I refuse to go to the parties and get-togethers they have.. What I'm really afraid of is going to one of these shin-digs and giving them all a piece of my mind and getting DH fired!
Old 06-07-2013, 12:34 PM   #627
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
HOW ARE YOU LYNNE?
Slightly overwhelmed from time to time.

I'm writing down the stuff that I can't figure out an answer for, making a list, hoping that inspiration will strike at some point.

On a happy note: I figured out how to change my vacuum cleaner belt yesterday. Yay!!

And my friend who has liver cancer and was in crisis last month with ascites has since had a good surgery and a good ultrasound and they told her to come back in 6 months!

She used to be a nurse, and got hep c from needlestick injuries they didn't think anything of or do anything to prevent - much - back in the day. Now has liver cancer from it.

I'm just glad she's okay-ish!! That's been weighing on my mind.

Monica, you and DH were obviously trying to ruin DS's life by limiting his x-boxing to 4 hours a day. What were you thinking??? </sarcasm>

This is going to be an issue with Gavin, too. I can just see it coming. Sigh.

Danielle, sorry I forgot to respond about DD's gluten test thing after you went to the trouble to explain it to me. I get it now. You have to know for sure (in case it's something else) and as soon as possible!

I'm about the size 7 fat pants, but hoping it will all go smoothly. As smoothly as can be expected. You know.

Back to work...cleaning questionable substances off Gavin's bedroom walls.

Lynne
Old 06-07-2013, 12:46 PM   #628
Major LCF Poster!

WOW, Danielle! You're doing so well!!! DH's work sounds like my DH's. It's seriously like freaking middle school. They all play head games and very few get along with anyone! He's so fed up. It's a great company, which keeps him there, but management needs to do something with the squabbling. Their only answer is keep it up & we'll fire everyone... which they're not going to do. It's been going on for years and years. Hubby was warned about it before he started there. Warned to 'watch out' for the person he works most closely with by the manager. Yeah. I think we're just getting too old for the games.

Lynne, thinking of you & your packing. Really do wish I could come help.

Monica, that arguement over the xbox sounds oddly familiar Oy. I'm so glad the boys are old enough that we practically just don't care anymore. LOL All of the gaming stuff has been moved to their 'mancave' next door and while we know they're just outside the door, we don't have to really think about how much time they're wasting. lol

My hubs has never been into xbox, playstation, and whatever came before that. lol So I thought we were in the free and clear and that was one thing I'd never have to worry about. Darned if I didn't get the man on facebook and he found some war game he likes to play. He doesn't spend hours & hours when I'm around, but I know when I'm gone he's on the thing all day. Oh-well. Simple pleasures, I guess? He's also one to spoil me rotten, so no real complaints.

I was 191 this morning, after an UD, so am hopeful the scale will be kind tomorrow. TOM reared it's ugly head a week early, though, so we'll see how this plays out.
Old 06-07-2013, 12:48 PM   #629
Major LCF Poster!

Lynne, so glad your friend is ok! We used to have a wonderful friend who was a hemopheliac and picked up Hep C and HIV from a transfusion way back when. Sadly he's no longer with us. They just didn't know
Old 06-07-2013, 02:58 PM   #630
Big Yapper!!!!

Lynne~ yes, gotta figure out if indeed she does have Celiac.. it would be wonderful to find out she's just allergic to something specific..it would make a teenager's life so much easier! KWIM? Altho', she does feel great and she loves the fact that she rarely gets the bloat anymore..

So sorry to hear about your friend I'm glad that there was good outcomes for her

Tami~ OMG these GROWN men are ridiculous and DH catches alot of heat because he chooses not to engage.. what gets me, it's a manager who is behaving this way!!! Seriously dude, you think cussing and screaming in front of an entire showroom for 20+ minutes is condusive to a positive work environment, let alone professional.. and on top of that, your *****y-ho wife who "just happens" to be the financial director plants her big behind the sales desk and has the audacity to put her .02 into the conversation and then feigns insult when my husband bites back at you??? It's like a g'damn 3-ring circus there!