Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2013, 09:52 AM   #571
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Start Date: 8/22/14
Liz~ congrat's on the loss so far!

Gina~ good lord you got your hands full! Moving sucks rocks for sure, but I dunno if I'd wanna be living under someone landlord who will make waves every chance they get! Hopefully things get sorted soon for you guys.

Monica~ the kids have all the same stuff you guys do, it sounds like.. DD16 just wasn't interested in all that artsy stuff... the other 2 took photography and loved it...she could care less about stuff like that.. weirdo kid of mine!
Enjoy your weekend, and praying the weather cooperates for you. I had to laugh about the mother's inquisition..

Tami~ enjoy your UD's, they're the best!

Lynne~ wherever you are, I hope you're behaving yourself!
________________________-

Scale's moving down. I'm down 2.2 so far.. Friday's will be my weigh in day. I'm really going to try and stick to this instead of driving myself nuts with the scale anymore

I was doing some reading about Chris Powell..he is the guy who trains and helps the people on that show Extreme Weight Loss. He has a new book out and I was reading about his program.. he uses carb-cycling with his clients and I'm very intrigued about how to do this the correct way. He's got proven results so we know it works! Gonna find his book this weekend and see if it's something the family can use. I love his philosophy's so I hope it's doable!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2013, 10:26 AM   #572
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Scale's moving down. I'm down 2.2 so far..
Yay for more losses! Great job, Danielle!

Keep us posted on the Chris Powell stuff. I know a lot of weight lifters carb cycle, but I've never really looked into it. Sounds interesting...
misscobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 10:52 AM   #573
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lize636 View Post
I dont know how I forgot to post this yesterday but I hit the 30lbs gone mark!! woohoo 20lbs more until my first goal!!
WOOHOO LIZ!!!!!!!!!!!! You are doing great!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 10:55 AM   #574

Danielle - let us know what you think about the book!

Tami - thank goodness it was just 24 hours. I totally misread that!

Gina - it's progress, hopefully she can get her to change it a bit more.

Thanks for the words, I thought, initally, the woman was CRAZY. I almost said, you realize these boys will be in high school next year, right? She is a single Mom, I think all his life AND he is an only child. I am sure that all plays into it!
Old 06-01-2013, 03:55 PM   #575
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/210/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Hi, everyone!!

Gina, OMG. I am so sorry about your crazy landlady. I had a landowner at my last home who felt he should be able to come onto the property (that I maintained at my own expense) and walk around any time he liked. It's just disrespect. The way your landlady's boyfriend approached the situation (spying?) really me off.

Liz, congratulations to you on 30 lbs!!

Monica, the single mom with the only child...I can relate to that. I'm sure she doesn't mean to be crazy but she kinda is and it's bound to backfire on her sooner or later. How's she gonna be when he's dating? You've got older kids, you know from experience that - against the odds - they actually can make good decisions without help.

Danielle, I'm not behaving myself. Of course.

Congratulations on your 2.2!

Tami, I'm for good results with this doggie med.

Me... well, my moment on the best seller list is over. But I've made 30 or so people very happy with my book nonetheless!

It is a beautiful day on the coast today, and I am playing basketball in the front yard with Gavin. He keeps randomly throwing the ball - hard - at nowhere I can catch it, so we have to go get it! He thinks this is greatly funny. Me, not so much.

I've been reading Alexander McCall Smith this week - Number 1 Ladies Detective Agency series. I think I love cozies as much as Monica loves YA vampire novels! I could read them all!

Speaking of vampire novels...I guess I'd better get busy. At least 3 people are waiting for some blood to get spilled on the page.

I hope everyone's having a good weekend - except Gina's landlady, not her. I hope she's miserable.

Ciao!
Lynne

Carbohydrate Addict's Diet. Hopefully.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 05:20 PM   #576
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynne2u View Post
Hi, everyone!!

Gina, OMG. I am so sorry about your crazy landlady. I had a landowner at my last home who felt he should be able to come onto the property (that I maintained at my own expense) and walk around any time he liked. It's just disrespect. The way your landlady's boyfriend approached the situation (spying?) really me off.

Liz, congratulations to you on 30 lbs!!

Monica, the single mom with the only child...I can relate to that. I'm sure she doesn't mean to be crazy but she kinda is and it's bound to backfire on her sooner or later. How's she gonna be when he's dating? You've got older kids, you know from experience that - against the odds - they actually can make good decisions without help.

Danielle, I'm not behaving myself. Of course.

Congratulations on your 2.2!

Tami, I'm for good results with this doggie med.

Me... well, my moment on the best seller list is over. But I've made 30 or so people very happy with my book nonetheless!

It is a beautiful day on the coast today, and I am playing basketball in the front yard with Gavin. He keeps randomly throwing the ball - hard - at nowhere I can catch it, so we have to go get it! He thinks this is greatly funny. Me, not so much.

I've been reading Alexander McCall Smith this week - Number 1 Ladies Detective Agency series. I think I love cozies as much as Monica loves YA vampire novels! I could read them all!

Speaking of vampire novels...I guess I'd better get busy. At least 3 people are waiting for some blood to get spilled on the page.

I hope everyone's having a good weekend - except Gina's landlady, not her. I hope she's miserable.
Ciao!
Lynne
OMG, I love it!
But yeah....totally hoping she's beyond miserable!

I have a stack of books waiting to be read...for whatever reason, the last coupla months I've lost my reading-mojo.. ... Hope to get back to it soon..
and *ahem*....yes, blood on the page....PLEASE!

It's a beautiful day in the desert.....
Said No One.

EVER.

Well, at least not the sane ones! What I'd give to be on the pier in San Fran right about now!!!!
Old 06-02-2013, 06:45 AM   #577
Major LCF Poster!

Omg, Lynne! I'm cracking up! I bet it's the boyfriend more than the landlady. I hope they're both miserable. lol Now go get that ball for Gavin! Bwahahaha... such a boy and such a cute little stinker! Love it! Thanks for the puppy prayers

Monica, totally my fault re the 24/7 thing. I'm certain that's exactly what I said(typed) but really I just had to stare at him for a full 24 hours. lol

hahaha, Danielle, I have a friend who moved to the Palm Springs area. Her hubby is the currator/director/whatever for The Living Zoo there. She actually loves the deserta and says so often, though she did mention that it was 112 at like 8 o'clock last night. lol

We're warming up here, too. We were supposed to hit 100 yesterday, but hubby and I ran away in the jeep and headed for the hills. It was sooo nice up there! The Rubicon Trail is w/in easy driving distance and one of hubs' buddies wanted to take his new jeep on it's maiden voyage so that's where we headed. I almost panicked when hubby said we were meeting for breakfast on the way up. UM... Um... um... ummmmm... I think my text said something like 'wth? I can't eat breakfast tomorrow!' lol Well, I survived my first down day out of the house. Turns out hubs' friend brought a friend and he doesn't eat breakfast or lunch and has lost 50+ pounds eating that way recently. How cool is that? He wasn't familiar with Fast 5, but he's definitely following it. lol. Made breakfast pretty comfortable since half of us weren't eating & not just me. lol I finished off the day with a 150 cal low fat tuna & cracker packet, a 110 calorie bag of popcorn and a 100 cal snack pack of choc covered pretzels. Add in my approx 100 cals of creamer between coffee at home and coffee at breakfast and I think I did pretty well for being out & about! Coolio. Headed out to breakfast to make up for it now. hehe.

Have a great Sunday girls!!!
Old 06-03-2013, 03:54 AM   #578
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Genie80
WOE: Slimming World
Start Date: Re-start 09.18.13
You guys crack me up!

Had an email from Jody (Lady from the agency) on Saturday morning saying she'd managed to get the landlady down to one month instead of a month & a half - defo better!

So wish we had temperatures like you guys... it's 62f/17c here.. it's warm today but cloudy & I work in an old building with no air conditioning so it's pretty stuffy. My Dad's been boasting they've got temps in the high 80f's.. so jealous!!

Had a bad day yesterday was supposed to be a DD but came in at about 850c :'( in total since I've started my weight has been up and down but in 2 months I've lost 1lb!!! Going to shake everything up I think feeling pretty rotten x

Read my journal Asthma/Fibromyalgia/IBS/ME
Genie80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 05:27 AM   #579

Quote:

Maybe I should check out that series! I am currently reading the Morganivlle Vampire series book #14. It came out last month I think. LOVING it! I read for HOURS yesterday...instead of cleaning the house oops!

Lynne, you do need to get to that vampire novel....I am waiting to get my hands all over it!!!!!! Notice I didn't say patiently!
Old 06-03-2013, 05:28 AM   #580

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Well, at least not the sane ones! What I'd give to be on the pier in San Fran right about now!!!!
I'll meet you on that DOCK girl! I loved loved loved San Fran! DH and I went on a trip there back in 2012. LOVED it so very much. If I could live anywhere where work/family were a non issue, it would be there!
Old 06-03-2013, 05:31 AM   #581

Tami sounds like you are doing GREAT! Way to go! Being out on a DD at a restaurant is always scary! Even if you have followed JUDDD for over a year like me! You are doing great and I am proud of you girl and WOW for that guy. Amazing for him too! I bet he is like, I don't care where you go/do, I'm sticking to my plan. Does he have more to lose? Did you tell him about JUDDD???
Old 06-03-2013, 05:33 AM   #582

Gina - glad to hear the evil DRAGON-Land Lord is easing up a bit! LOSER! Sorry you struggled. 850 though, in my world, isn't a horrible DD!
Old 06-03-2013, 05:38 AM   #583

It was 45* on our walk this morning! CHILLY!!! Is it really JUNE?? I am thinking Mother nature is majorly confused. For DD11's games on Saturday I was in jeans, 2 shirts, hoodie and my ski socks and I was still cold! CRAZY weather for us here. I'll take it though. Today high of 73*, perfect! But I am wearing jeans and a long sleeved shirt! DS14 says I'm like a little old lady, always cold and always looking for her jacket!

SPeaking of DS14, he is down another 3 pounds. He scaled in Saturday morning at 203. HE is doing so great. 23 pounds and he can't wait to get under 200! I raved to him yesterday about his focus, his desire and the results he is achieiving! Saturday he had a buddy coming over in the evening and buddy wanted pizza. He just had a protein shake and then ate the pizza that night. He said, I didn't even try to count the calories. DH told him, think about it, before you would have eaten an entire days worth of calories and THEN had pizza. Don't fret it. DS14 agreed!

Lazy day yesterday. Did church and then grocery shopping. DD11's team lost their first bracket game yesterday morning so they were there and home by 12:30 p.m.! The rest of the day we were LAZY! I read a bunch, watched some DVR's shows and then we started a fire in our pit and roasted turkey dogs! PERFECT day!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rt-2-a-24.html
Old 06-03-2013, 05:39 AM   #584

It's MONDAY- let's kick this GREEN EYED MONSTER in it's privates and let it know, we will NOT be defeated! Monday will NOT pull us down!

Strawberry patch for us tonight. Limited season so we are jumping on it before they close up!
Old 06-03-2013, 05:39 AM   #585

Forgot to mention, I weighed in at 170.2 on Saturday, I was soooo hoping to be in the 60's. Hopefully this week!
Old 06-03-2013, 06:49 AM   #586
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
Forgot to mention, I weighed in at 170.2 on Saturday, I was soooo hoping to be in the 60's. Hopefully this week!
Can't believe you forgot to mention this! lol Great job, Monica! Huge Kudos to your son, too! He's doing so well!!! My oldest son hit a giant growth spurt right at the end of 8th grade. Has DS yet? Hopefully he's got a boost of height coming to help his efforts along Can't believe you guys have cooler temps. I think we're supposed to top out in the low 90's today. That's nearly perfect for me. I always say my perfect is a high of 90. I like it when it's totally comfortable morning & night and just a little toasty in the afternoons.

Gina, maybe that slightly higher DD will be enough to shake things up? I know how frustrating the slow weightloss is. I know I bring it on myself most of the time, but it's still annoying.

Have a great green-eyed Monday
Old 06-03-2013, 07:03 AM   #587
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lize636
Stats: 225/186/155
WOE: LC
Start Date: Nov 2009, restart March 2013
Lynne- You crack me up!! And I cant wait to read your book I love reading your post on here I can only imagine how good your books are.

Gina- I am glad to hear the realtor got the deposit amount down for you. Such a unneeded hassle, tell the landladies BF to get a life!

Monica- You are doing so great you will see the 160's before you know it.

Danielle- congrats on the 2.2lbs!! here's to a few more.

Tami- Congrats on surviving eating out on JUDDD, I tend to freak out as well. You just proved anything is possible if you want it bad enough

I had a great weekend...Sat we had T ball first thing in the morning, after that we spent a few hours at the pool and a cookout in the evening. Sunday I went to the Dover NASCAR race with my sister and nephew. We had a blast!! I am not much of a NASCAR fan but I still loved kidding and joking with my sister and 12 y/o nephew about who was going to win. Makes me wish I had a son. I guess I can just barrow him!! My sister has the only two boy grandchildren in the family the rest of us have all girls so I am not even going to try for a son I know what I will end up with.

I didn't count calories yesterday and even finished the day off with Rita's Custard but it was worth it!! I am back on track today

Lize636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 07:32 AM   #588
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lize636 View Post
Tami- Congrats on surviving eating out on JUDDD, I tend to freak out as well.
Whew! I swear sometimes if it's just me. My initial reaction is always to freak out and then most of the time I can talk myself off the cliff and figure out a solution. lol I've never been to a Nascar race & don't follow Nascar, but the few local races I've been to have always been fun. Glad you had a good time! Too funny about your sister hogging all of the boys in the family. lol

Monica, I forgot you asked about the other gentleman. I didn't really talk about JUDDD much, but did give him some interesting info on Fast 5 & IF in general. He had no clue about the health benefits, but was thrilled with how easy it was to drop the weight. He looked great! Big strapping guy that went from 240-something to 190. I would guess he's where he needs to be? He did have lunch with the other guys. I grabbed a water bottle and walked down to the lake. I had told myself I would eat lunch if I wanted it at the time, but by the time we stopped for lunch it was already 2:30 and I knew I'd enjoy the extra cals at dinner more, plus I wasn't really hungry, so just went wondering away
Old 06-03-2013, 11:03 AM   #589
Blabbermouth!!!

Phew, it's always so hard to get on here when DH is home!

Tami~Uh, yeah, so not a desert living kinda person.. You are doing very well with JUDDD, be proud girlfriend!!!

Monica~ Well, we will be there in oh, about 6'ish years, so come on by and have a visit! I'm determined to be in that city and grow old..hoofing my old lady parts up and down the hills of SF and enjoying the pier and everything else that glorious city has to off...I LOVE it there.

So proud of DS!!

Gina~ Hang in there! Deep breathe, stay calm and keep going. I know how overwhelming it can feel when you look at your numbers and think wow what's going on here! But, do not give up!! Hoping you can get in to talk to someone, it definitely helps!

Liz~ I have the only grandboy on my side...he is EXTRA spoiled IMO, boys are easier! Glad you had a great time at the race..My DD18 for whatever reason when she was little she could sit in front of the tv and just watch the cars go 'round & 'round... weirdo-girl
--------------------------------------------

Had a great weekend food wise...DH was off yesterday and is off again today.. I was super worried about him being underfoot with me just getting back on track, but it's been surprisingly easy. I got Chris Powell's book yesterday..only through the first couple chapters..there is ALOT to think about..I wrote about some of my thoughts in my journal if anyone is interested.. I'm kinda excited to see what else is in this book..I love his philosophy about the meaning of transformation..and hopefully his meal plan is something that is doable.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:59 AM   #590

Liz - I completely understand and stopping with 2. My Mom/Dad did the same thing. Back when my mom had us, I am the older sister, you shared a room with another mom after delivery. The room she had, the other Mom just had her 4th girl....the dad/mom were both crying. My Dad looked at my MOm and said, we are done, if not, I know we will be like them with 4 girls! So they stopped. My dad was so excited the day I had DS14 (we didn't know what we were having) that when we called to tell him it was a boy, he got off work and immediatley went and bought a kids fishing rod and brought it to the hospital with him! Funny thing is, if anyone goes fishing with my DAD now, it's DD11. DS14 and myself, we can't stand fishing!
Old 06-03-2013, 12:00 PM   #591

Tami - you did so well. You should be very proud of yourself!!!!!!
Old 06-03-2013, 12:01 PM   #592

Danielle - I love his show. It just started back up again last week! We always watch it at our house!
Old 06-04-2013, 05:36 AM   #593

Tuesday - down day for me! I was starving so I already ate. Probably not a good sign! I have only so much at work though, so then, I will be done!
Old 06-04-2013, 05:38 AM   #594
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
Tuesday - down day for me! I was starving so I already ate. Probably not a good sign! I have only so much at work though, so then, I will be done!
Good luck! You can do it!!
Old 06-04-2013, 11:22 AM   #595

THanks LIZ!

Where is everyone???? Come in and chat!
Old 06-04-2013, 12:41 PM   #596
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/210/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Hi everyone -

I'm semi-blue today. I turned in my 30 day notice to vacate this morning, and found a (much smaller) trailer in a trailer park to rent for less than half the price. It is more than acceptable, it's much better than it sounds (and than I expected) but I am still reeling over the downsizing. I never thought we'd have to do this. Gavin loves his huge fenced backyard with the bunnies and the birds and the little bench by the garden, and he keeps having to move. I thought we'd be able to stay here for a while.

I also know we're not the only ones to have to downsize in this economy, and we're not homeless so I have nothing to complain about, but it's hard nonetheless.

One consolation: at least we're getting away from the neighbors that wouldn't bother to help me look for Gavin when he got away.

Sorry to whine but I'm having a bad day. Thanks for being here.

Lynne
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 01:31 PM   #597
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hi everyone -

I'm semi-blue today. I turned in my 30 day notice to vacate this morning, and found a (much smaller) trailer in a trailer park to rent for less than half the price. It is more than acceptable, it's much better than it sounds (and than I expected) but I am still reeling over the downsizing. I never thought we'd have to do this. Gavin loves his huge fenced backyard with the bunnies and the birds and the little bench by the garden, and he keeps having to move. I thought we'd be able to stay here for a while.

I also know we're not the only ones to have to downsize in this economy, and we're not homeless so I have nothing to complain about, but it's hard nonetheless.

One consolation: at least we're getting away from the neighbors that wouldn't bother to help me look for Gavin when he got away.

Sorry to whine but I'm having a bad day. Thanks for being here.

Lynne

Aww Lynne sorry you are feeling down today. Down sizing is hard we did it 3 years ago and it was hard and sad but it worked out so well for us. We are very happy to be closer to work and family!! I hope it works out to be better for you as well.
Old 06-04-2013, 02:23 PM   #598
Blabbermouth!!!

Lynne~ Sending much love and hugs to you. I can certainly understand! We had to downsize too a couple years back and it was hard. Don't apologize for being sad, friend. It is legit feelings, we all want so much for our kiddos and don't anticipate certain life's lessons to sting so badly... know that you are doing right for your son and he won't care a bit where he lives. He's got you for his momma and that's all that matters in his world! He'll find other adventures in his new home and he'll love it just the same.

Monica~ I've got the hungries today... TOM is lurking Don't forget, Chris Powell tonight!

---------------------
Plugging along..still got my nose buried in my book. Learning so much! I peeked at the scale this morning..down a pound so far, things are looking up! After TOM rears it's ugly head I'm crossing my fingers that I get to keep that loss!

Weather is HOT..staying indoors and trying to keep busy and out of the kitchen.. made a list of "to-do's" and hoping that will keep me going until dinnertime so I can stay on track.. but I am rreeaaaalllly craving sweet right about now! Ugh, and I just realized...grocery store too! ACK!
Old 06-05-2013, 06:30 AM   #599

Lynne - I am so sorry. Downsizing isn't easy. It is a very mature, wise person that knows when to make the change before your entire life has derailed! I pray only good things for you in the future. .... like the vampire BEST SELLERS! YOU
Old 06-05-2013, 06:31 AM   #600

Quote:
Monica~ I've got the hungries today... TOM is lurking Don't forget, Chris Powell tonight!
He is part of the standard DVR'd shows for summer. I will probably watch it tomorrow night!