Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2013, 03:03 PM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Thanks Monica!

Danielle, stress makes everything seem more difficult. So sorry you and the kids are dealing with adults who can't act like adults... grrrr... I know that would bring out the mama bear in me, too. Would planning out each day help? Or would it just add to the stress? I can see it going either way.

Ok, so let's do this thing! I just found out today that DH is hoping for a trip to Vegas in August (sigh... thank GOD for air conditioning! What a dumb place to go in August. lol) It really would be nice to be as small as possible for that trip! Soooo... HOW are we going to get the results we want? I'm digging fast 5 and know I need to stick to low carb, but I still find myself going off plan on a regular basis. I did NOT do that during previous weight loss attempts. I'm not going to stress over the trip to my sister's in April as I really can't expect her to cater to me around the birth of her son! But other than that trip I'd sure like to stay on plan for a lot longer periods of time than I have been! Hmmmm....

Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2013, 04:08 PM   #32
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Thanks hon. I'm glad that ya'll are just willing to listen to me blabber on about some dumb stuff once in awhile
My 16yo acts more mature than they do and I honestly think that is one thing that has thrown them for an absolute loop.. I'm just done with it all..maybe it makes me a bad person but you can't expect anyone to understand where you're at when you've already surpassed the obstacle course and are unwilling to try to understand, nor learn new things about themselves.. D-O-N-E.

I'm all in with ya! I have my Oct. goal set before me and I want to be much smaller too. Today was rather stressful regarding drama and I totally could've jumped into some chocolate or ice cream...I remembered what I'd written here about my trip and I chose something legal to eat instead. I feel so much better for doing that!

Definitely hot there during the summer but you might be able to find some killer rates too.. and thank God for all the cool lil trammy things they have between some of the bigger hotels! If you don't already, subscribe to hotels on FB or via email newsletters to get some pretty cool deals..that's what I did for our trip in DEc and we stayed at Mandalay Bay for $49 a night..

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell

Last edited by DesertGurl; 03-27-2013 at 04:11 PM..
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:45 AM   #33
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
DH is hoping for a trip to Vegas in August (sigh... thank GOD for air conditioning! What a dumb place to go in August. lol)
I think we will be there in August too. We are planning a Grand Canyon / Lake Mead / Hoover Dam tour and then renting a car and driving into LA and then San Diego! Right there with ya BABE!

It's my FRIDAY ladies! So thrilled. Hosting the final Grandparents day for us at the elementary school. Haven will be in middle school and T in high School next year! I just can't get over that!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:46 AM   #34

D - you can do this girl. It sounds like you and TAMI are empowering each other!

Hoping for a good DD. I had bloodsugar issues this a.m. so I have already eaten 290c. No options but to get the sugar up, so reigning it in from here!
Old 03-28-2013, 08:54 AM   #35
Blabbermouth!!!

Monica~ Your trip sounds lovely! Would be very cool if you and our Ms. Tami met up in Vegas
Enjoy your Friday!!!

Definitely motivated! I think back to December and our last little road trip to Vegas and how much I wanted to be near 199..getting so sick off & on thru Nov. AND Dec. and actually being super ill on our trip..just wasn't possible for me to get anywhere near that goal.
--------------------------------
Scale was the same this morning.. kinda expected it as I skipped dinner last night and ate too much bacon yesterday. I am finding this time around on lc that I am just not all that hungry. Maybe it's all the lessons I learned on JUDDD and I am better able to gauge my real hunger, I dunno? I'm also noticing some more die-off going on so I'm sure the scale isn't going to move a whole lot during this time.. it kinda sucks, but it is what it is.

DD16 is on spring break and off work today, and DD18 is sick sick and missing classes today..... and of course the hubbs is headed to work... Going to have to keep the little one busy so sissy can sleep..nothing like an uber grouchy teenage girl roaming the halls..

Have a beautiful day, ladies!
Old 03-28-2013, 09:24 AM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Danielle, I think we all ramble on sometimes. It's hard taking on this huge weight loss battle while life continues on around us! Great job skipping the chocolate & ice cream! Yay you! Thanks for the hotel tips, too! We walked the entire strip last time we were in Vegas and it practically killed me. Said I'd do it without issue the next time I went and I should be able to now, which is nice, but I sure as heck am not doing that in August! lol Staying indoors, on trams, whatever! It's scorching hot here that time of year, so it's not like I'll be craving the heat or anything. lol Good luck with the girls!

Monica, that's too funny. Since I already missed you while I was in Kansas we'll have to make it a point to meet for dinner or something if we end up in Vegas at the same time. Hubby is trying to qualify for a big deal dart tournament that runs Aug 7-10. I don't think qualifying will be too tough, but we'll see I guess. Hope the rest of your DD is easier!!!

My scale is still reading 195-196... annoying. I am going to get a walk in today and still need to work on water water water. Other than that I'm not sure what else to do. I was starving yesterday so had lunch, dinner & a snack instead of just dinner like usual, but with it all being low carb it shouldn't really matter.
misscobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:50 AM   #37
Blabbermouth!!!

The last time we were in Vegas I was so sick, just walking the length of 2 hotels left me wiped..coupled with the weight thing..UGH! Plus, it was so cold and windy, I was absolutely miserable whenever we had to step foot outdoors. Can't wait to go back there feeling like my old self, we normally have a killer time there. We were gonna try to get there this summer but I dunno that we'll make it.. all my concert-going is kinda taking precedence ATM

I hate it when that dang scale thinks it has a mind of it's own Maybe you need to kick it around some..show it who's boss?
Old 03-28-2013, 10:13 AM   #38

Tami - we are heading out I believe on the 4th. Not sure if we will still be in LV on the 7th, but if we are, DINNER is a MUST!!!!!!!! DANG SCALE!

D - I think you are in the swing of things now. That scale will surely move this weekend!
Old 03-28-2013, 10:15 AM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/210/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Good morning everyone!!

We went to Depoe Bay yesterday as scheduled. The spouting horns did indeed spout; we got sprayed, and the car also got sprayed.

It's (gray) whale-watching week here on the coast. The juveniles are out in front of the northward migration, and they're frisky! (The grown-ups will follow in the coming weeks.) Hard to see them without binoculars, because they're a ways out, but you can occasionally see a spout or a fluke.

I woke up with sore finger joints. Does anyone else have this? What do you do about it? I hope it's not arthritis, I'm not old enough for that.

Monica, have you ever tried those glucose tablets for diabetics? I've heard they work well for stabilizing blood sugar without a lot of calories. Low on the deliciousness scale, though.

Danielle, I read the phrase, "too much bacon" and was helpless to translate it. Is there really such a thing as too much bacon??

Tami, Vegas sounds like fun! I walked the strip last time I was there, too. I'm with you - not doing that in August either!!

Me... I need to get sparkling water again. It's the only way I can bring myself to drink enough.

So far so good with the rotations. Trying to stretch out the fasting time on DD and move down to the LC end of the pool on UD and make treats "occasional", not "constantly". Sigh.

Have a good Thursday (or Friday in your case, Monica ) all!!

Lynne

Carbohydrate Addict's Diet. Hopefully.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:38 AM   #40
Blabbermouth!!!

Well, in MY book, there is no such thing as too much bacon..but I suppose it does put a hitch in being able to eat much else when your belly's full of the good stuff.

I have sore fingers and toes ALOT. I've never been able to get a dr to actually dx anything,..with the comment being "your too young for arthritis".... However, I do find that when I eat way way way off a low carb plan the pain is outta this world to the point where I can't walk much, let alone put shoes on, and forget about eating with a fork it hurts too much to hold it A friend of mine suggested gout, but I dunno seeing as obviously I'm eating tons of red meat lc'ing it and I feel better..maybe a night shade thing too??

Good luck with the extension of your DD's.. DD's were my favorite, I loved the freedom of fasting and the way it made me feel. I think subconsiously my body is doing that on its own because I have lost much of my appetite.. crazy how that works!
Old 03-28-2013, 10:58 AM   #41

Quote:
Monica, have you ever tried those glucose tablets for diabetics? I've heard they work well for stabilizing blood sugar without a lot of calories. Low on the deliciousness scale, though.
I have not! are they truly called glucose tablets??? Indeed, Friday on a Thursday makes for a good day!

I too wake with stiff swollen fingers some days. Mine typically occur when the humidity gets higher or shoots up suddenly. I can tell you, I have arthritis in my thumb. A DR has not confirmed it, but I am certain of it....and my hands, if like my Grandma, will be effected more than anywhere else on my body by it!
Old 03-28-2013, 11:00 AM   #42
Blabbermouth!!!

Monica, those tablets are with all the diabetic stuff..they come in different flavors I believe.. Lynne's right, probably not so fun like food, but saves cals.
Old 03-28-2013, 12:17 PM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Lynne, you're really making me miss the coast! Sounds like a great day!

Monica, sounds like a plan! Would be great to meet you in real life

Danielle, the way you describe the pain in your joints it does sound like gout. My mom was diagnosed last year and she was really in rough shape for a few days!

Yay... Happy Friday & Friday Eve!
Old 03-28-2013, 01:15 PM   #44
Blabbermouth!!!

I admit it, I'll be super-duper jelly if Monica & Tami get to meet.

Tami, my sister was dx'd with gout several years ago, so wouldn't be a total unrealistic dx for me... her doc had told to stay away from the usual foods; red meat, tomatoes, etc.. as of 2 years ago (last time I saw her) seemed as if she hadn't really heeded much of the dr's advice.. she's got many health issues, this is just 1 amidst the list .. for years I tried getting her to try doing Atkins or just general lower carb and she refused.. To each his own, right? i just know that when I'm lc'ing completely the joint pain is almost non-existent most days..I have a flare once in awhile despite clean eating, but I'll get lucky and dh will massage and it feels better..
Old 03-29-2013, 10:01 AM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
I have not! are they truly called glucose tablets???
I think so. My mom uses them, gets them from the pharmacy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
I too wake with stiff swollen fingers some days. Mine typically occur when the humidity gets higher or shoots up suddenly.
It could be the dampness here. If the humidity was any higher, we'd be breathing through gills.

This morning it was resolved, so maybe it was just temporary from overuse and cured by rest.

Question: How does the garlic in the refrigerator know that it's spring?? Does everybody else's stored garlic and onions start sending out shoots this time of the year, or is it just mine??

Happy Friday! TGIF. I'm SO ready for this bratty child of mine to go back to school.

Lynne
Old 03-29-2013, 12:27 PM   #46
Blabbermouth!!!

Broke the 20's!

Barely, but still! 229.4 Dropped a whole pound instead of the *point.something* I've been doing.. Now to get it to keep going! Saw 228.5 once in the first week of December and then promtly started the dance in the 30's...then saw 229.8 on March 1 and never saw it again, and again with the 30's.. Until today. Thank Goodness, I was beginning to truly think I was gonna be here for the rest of my life!

Have a great weekend my lovelies!!
Old 03-29-2013, 12:36 PM   #47
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Broke the 20's!

Barely, but still! 229.4 Dropped a whole pound instead of the *point.something* I've been doing.

Good job you!!! KUTGW!!

Lynne
Old 03-29-2013, 02:11 PM   #48
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Broke the 20's!
YAY!!!
Old 03-29-2013, 02:17 PM   #49
Major LCF Poster!

Danielle, I've had all the same conversations with my mom. Some days she seems to 'get it' but then other days acts completely clueless. Last summer we were out to eat together. she always brings up food, saying something dumb like 'I shouldn't be eating this, huh Tami?' with a smirk on her face as she eats it anyway. Well the group of people we were eating with all turn to me, like I'm her keeper or something. Soooo not my job to police what other people are eating! I've given her the info. She can do with it what she wants. Drives me absolutely nuts, though! Ugh.. sorry for the little rant... thankfully she's found a 'national weight loss product' support/challenge group and that seems to work for her while the challenges are in session anyway, but their products often have too much sugar, soy, etc., not to mention they're so much more expensive than just eating real food. Anyway... yeah... from my vantage point there is nothing you can do for your sister other than share the info and leave it at that.
Old 03-29-2013, 02:19 PM   #50
Major LCF Poster!

Hahaha Lynne, no sprouting garlic here... no garlic at all in the fridge. I checked the bottle of garlic salt in the cabinet, just for you, and it doesn't seem to be growing either

Happy Friday all! hope you have a wonderful weekend!!!
Old 03-29-2013, 03:26 PM   #51
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by misscobi View Post
Hahaha Lynne, no sprouting garlic here... no garlic at all in the fridge. I checked the bottle of garlic salt in the cabinet, just for you, and it doesn't seem to be growing either

RE: the sister thing.. yeah I told her a few years ago and now it's been nearly 3 years since we've spoken so I have zero clue how she's doing regarding her health, etc. Only hope she's found a solution to what ails her!
What is it about people who find it kinda funny when they're eating stuff they know they shouldn't? Ever notice that LOTS of people do that??? I have a friend who does that too, drives me nuts..thinking well what would you do if your life depended on it! Ya know?

Have a great weekened!
Old 03-30-2013, 06:05 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by misscobi View Post

Ok Tami that made me laugh OUT LOUD!!!!
Old 03-30-2013, 06:07 PM   #53

I'll look up those pills. My eating hasn't been completely off this weekend, but not completely on either. Monday will be hitting it hard again.

Happy Easter to all! Love you girls!!!
Old 03-30-2013, 06:23 PM   #54
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Easter ladies!
Old 03-30-2013, 06:55 PM   #55
Blabbermouth!!!

Happy Easter my loves!
Old 04-01-2013, 07:00 AM   #56
Major LCF Poster!

G'morning ladies! Did everyone have a fabulous weekend? How'd those Easter egg hunts go? I really missed those yesterday, but we had a great day anyway. Honey do type things tend to pile up around my mom's house despite us heading over to tackle them every so often. Honestly we probably only tackle the emergencies as they come, so that still leaves a lot of other not so important 'stuff' that still needs done. So, we decided to bless her this Easter by going over and tackling some of her projects. She doesn't like to ask for help and some of the stuff was just silly. For example, she said she'd been wanting her microwave moved from one counter to another for years. Years? Really? We've been over there a bazillion times in that time frame and could have done it anytime! It's done now, along with a bunch of other stuff, and she seemed very thankful. Then we enjoyed a nice low carb meal & desert (Yuuuummm), watched a couple of movies and called it a night. Long day, but nice. We took the big dog with us so I could be sure to get him his meds on time and he made me so proud as always. He had his picture taken with a gaggle of squealing little girls, snuggled with a very pregnant woman who just absolutely loved him and ignored food on the table, a growly dog & all of the Canadian Geese that take over my mom's neighborhood this time of year. The geese were really NOT happy with having him around and told all of us so! lol. He has to have his meds on an empty stomach and my alarm for his meds went off as we were just finishing up dinner and everyone was giving him bites off their plates. Oopps... so my whole reason for taking him was a big failure on my part and I had to wait 2 hours before he could have his meds and then another hour after meds til he could eat. Sigh. Definite work in progress! He's such an amazing dog, though. Just so easy to have around. Ok, enough blabbering. As for weight loss... after a pretty perfect day, especially for a holiday, I lost nothing. Zip Zero Nada. Still sitting at 195. Oh-well.

Last edited by misscobi; 04-01-2013 at 07:01 AM..
Old 04-01-2013, 07:40 AM   #57

OH girl, tomorrow, that number will be better. How sweet your doggie was enjoyed by ALL! Had a good weekend here. Ready for Monday. I need a restart!
Old 04-01-2013, 07:48 AM   #58
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Monica! As for the restart - isn't that what Mondays are for? Good luck reeling it back in today
Old 04-01-2013, 08:41 AM   #59
Blabbermouth!!!

No idea w.t.f. is wrong with me. Blew Saturday and then kinda blew yesterday.. yesterday was a dull roar compared to Saturday, but still...

Weighed Saturday morning..was back to 232.2.. I did NOT weigh this morning cause frankly I just didn't wanna have that sitting on my mind all day today as i try and regroup..

Got my P!NK tickets on Friday..I'm setting them out on my dresser as a reminder of where I want to be by then.

Tami~ made me smile to hear how everyone reacted to your precious pup. Made me think of my sister's dog...he is the most amazing dog and everyone loves to come visit with him.. Scale will do it's thing, so proud of you for having such a wonderful on plan holiday!
Old 04-01-2013, 10:15 AM   #60
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Got my P!NK tickets on Friday..I'm setting them out on my dresser as a reminder of where I want to be by then.
Oooh, great idea!!! Do you have a pic you can put with them? Or an outfit you want to wear? Love this idea! The concert will be such a nice reward for all of your hard work. The past is the past, but the new you is reachable in the future!

Quote:
Tami~ made me smile to hear how everyone reacted to your precious pup. Made me think of my sister's dog...he is the most amazing dog and everyone loves to come visit with him.. Scale will do it's thing, so proud of you for having such a wonderful on plan holiday!
Thanks! I need to stack up a few more weekends like this last one. I really wasn't tempted at all, but had delicious strawberries & whipped cream to look forward to, which helped