Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2013, 09:09 AM   #541
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lize636
Stats: 225/172/155
WOE: LC
Start Date: Nov 2009, restart March 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by misscobi View Post
Monica, so happy for DS! He must be so proud of himself! If it won't embarass him let him know we're all proud of him also!

Liz, so sorry to you guys had a rough weekend! I feel so bad for your 4 year old. Poor baby!

As for JUDDD, it's really interesting. I'm still not sure exactly what my way of eating will look like for life... it's cut & dry on low carb, but this opens up a whole bunch of options, some of them not so great, but oh so tempting. lol We'll see. Oh, and Monica, eating to cals on my UD's hasn't been an issue! Of course the second & third UD were over the weekend and I certainly enjoyed trying a bit of everything! That said, I am down a pound or two from when I started JUDDD! Hopefully I'll get back to my old low after a couple more rotations? We'll see!

Tami- it is hard to get used to being able to eat things that you once couldn't even look at while doing LC... I am slowing but surely getting used to that. Yesterday I had candy but it was with in my calories for the day and I really felt like I cheated crazy the way our mind works.
Lize636 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2013, 09:17 AM   #542
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/210/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Good morning, everyone!!

Monica, I'm glad your BFF's mother escaped the worst of the damage in Moore. Your friend must have been so worried!

Congratulations to your son on his success! The coolest thing is that has found a WOE that he knows he can do, that works, and he has it for the rest of his life!! How many people can say that at his age? And then there's all the protective stuff JUDDD does, too. How awesome is THAT??

Liz, I'm so sorry to hear about all the sickness your family is dealing with! I hope DH is over that fever, those are scary. And DD's poison ivy, too - poor little thing. I hope she fights it off fast.

Tami, you're doing great on JUDDD. It takes everybody a little bit of time to get their sea legs. Hide the scale so you can enjoy yourself for heaven's sake. It's supposed to be FUN on the dark side!!

Me... I'm fasting today. Drinking tea. Behaving myself.

Have a great Wednesday!!

Lynne

Carbohydrate Addict's Diet. Hopefully.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 09:52 AM   #543
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynne2u View Post

Tami, you're doing great on JUDDD. It takes everybody a little bit of time to get their sea legs. Hide the scale so you can enjoy yourself for heaven's sake. It's supposed to be FUN on the dark side!!
Lynne you are totally right, enjoy it
Old 05-29-2013, 09:54 AM   #544
Senior LCF Member

DD4 is doing much better the meds have gotten the itching under control....now if the nasty rash would clear up.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:11 AM   #545
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynne2u View Post
Ha! I'm just worried about having too much fun! I'm a perpetual weigher, so doubt I'll ever get up the nerve to hide the scale, but am determined to ignore it for a bit. Good luck on your DD. I was so happy with my dinner last night. Nothing incredibly healthy (at all. lol) but it was filling and satisfying! Have you tried those knudsen cottage cheese doubles? 100 calories of cottage cheese & this fruit like stuff to mix in. I had one of those, a light yogurt, and a light bag of popcorn. With my sf creamer that's 20 cals a Tbsp I came in at 426 for the day.

Liz, so glad the itching has subsided! And yes, it is crazy
Old 05-29-2013, 11:04 AM   #546
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Liz - so sorry for all the sickness at your house. NO FUN! Hopefully it is good and GONE now for a long time!!

Tami - enjoy it all. JUDDD is only about calories, NOTHING else!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:06 AM   #547

Quote:
Me... I'm fasting today. Drinking tea. Behaving myself.

Have a great Wednesday!!

Lynne
I do NOT buy for a second that you are behaving yourself. NOT for even 1 second!

Thanks girl!

I have missed Liz and Lynne, lately. OH and Danielle better come in and check in if she knows what's good for her!!!!!!
Old 05-29-2013, 11:07 AM   #548
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
Tami - enjoy it all. JUDDD is only about calories, NOTHING else!
Thanks girls! You know it's hard to wrap my head around that, but I really am loving it so far
misscobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 12:02 PM   #549
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Sheesh, you guys are yappy! Got a zillion things to take care of around here...never ending...

Liz, I'm hoping the family is feeling back to normal very soon!!
No, I'm not doing JUDDD anymore..just strict calorie counting and exercise.. what a concept, eh?

Monica, DD16 is the mouthiest out of my 3 She zings the haters pretty well, and the best part, some of the teacher's have had her back when it's all gone down.. Her math teacher told her to take care of business and keep going and one day those kids who couldn't resist opening their mouths will be the ones trying to hide from her at their 10yr reunion because they will have amounted to nothing. Strong words, but oh so true! She has 1 yr left and getting ready for SAT's next month, boy will I be thrilled when *that's* over!

Tami, so lovely that JUDDD seems to be working! Wish I could say the same for the movie popcorn here..the theater we go to is because the popcorn is the best there LOVE it.

Lynne, good luck with the fasting....and uh, yeah, outta trouble......

Gina, how ya doing girly!
-------------

I'm chugging along..calories are doing good..finally weighed and O-M-G. ....hating life right now but hoping the numbers don't last for long.. 5 months to get to 199... I think I can I think I can I think I can....

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 12:22 PM   #550
Major LCF Poster!

Danielle, I may have to come visit you just for the movie popcorn Love that DD's teachers support her. I had that kind of support going through school and it makes such a difference. I even got away with a couple of things I probably shouldn't have, but their unwavering belief in me did way more good than harm Looking forward to seeing you hit 199! You can do it!

We are chatty today, aren't we? Between being on the board non stop learning about JUDDD and being homebound because I have the heart monitor on the dog so must supervise him 24/7 I'm spending way too much time on the computer.
Old 05-29-2013, 01:10 PM   #551
Blabbermouth!!!

I love love love the popcorn.. We get a large often times and then get the free refill on our way out so DD16 and I can eat it SO good!

There's so much info on JUDDD and reading about everyone's experience's with it is so fun. I loved seeing how well others were doing and loving being able to only "diet" half the time!

DD16 has gotten many teacher's known as the "hard a$$'s"..well, turns out they're just the ones that expect you to learn! Go figure, eh? These teachers inevitibably have turned out to be some of her favorites..tough, rigid in some ways, but push and push because they believe the students are capable. Her counselor has made alot of alottments for her, tweaking her schedule here n there, and getting her into some of her fave teacher's for consequent years.. I told her starting in middle school, it pays to be polite, courteous, and a good student..it will take you far. She's wreaping the benefits from alot of that! Funny too, the colleges are coming out of the woodwork trying to recruit her..all very exciting stuff but not enough scholarship $ to be able to send her out of state which is a huge bummer!
Old 05-29-2013, 01:29 PM   #552
Major LCF Poster!

You never know. Keep in touch with those colleges and they may be able to do a bit more for her. I know it's a bit of a bummer, but regardless of where she goes to school, she has a bright future ahead of her. You must be so proud! Love it!
Old 05-30-2013, 07:17 AM   #553

Danielle - so happy for your DD16. I will say, DS14 for the most part did NOT have the backing of his teachers. Heck, his Art teacher (he took over and over due to crappy electives at middle school) hated him. His only B's at all came from her. She even gave him an A- for Advisory classtime! WTH??? I think DS14's mouth probably gets him in trouble, not help from teachers. Maybe with maturity that will change? Heck I don't know. OH well. We got his Freshman schedule. All advanced classes (hopefully the LOSERS will be weeded out) Debate, Cabinetry and instead of regular PE (where he gets teased the most) he is taking Lifetime Sports. His advisor told me it is a small class. Hoping that helps out a lot.

Tami - Computer time is FUN! That is why I was MIA last week. I literally told myself. STAY OFF, you don't need to have head down in a DEVICE to function. Now if I could just get my kids to believe that!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rt-2-a-18.html
Old 05-30-2013, 07:17 AM   #554

It's FRIDAY - EVE ladies. For me, this week, that means BOOK CLUB NIGHT! Love that! Never thought I would enjoy it as much as I do! FUN STUFF.

Plans for the weekend?
Old 05-30-2013, 08:04 AM   #555
Major LCF Poster!

Love this short week. No plans for me at this point. I *think* hubby is painting a jeep this weekend, so he'll be busy. Next weekend hubs & the boys are going camping. I'd love to go, but will sit this one out & stay home with the dogs so they can have a guys' weekend. Nothing too exciting on my agenda! Hope you're all doing well! Have fun at book club, Monica
Old 05-30-2013, 10:00 AM   #556
Blabbermouth!!!

Monica, yanno...DD16 was forced for 2 seperate semesters to take Art.. they put her into Art "B"...2nd semester of her freshman year...no art experience whatsoever and they put her in 2nd semester art.. luckily this teacher was understanding and helped her alot..not to mention DD18 is an artist and had already been thru this teacher's class..so she helped some. Then sophomore year she had to take Art "A"..with another teacher..she hated every second of it..the grading made no sense whatsoever..somehow she eeked out an A in there but throughout the semester she was getting B's..this kid is NOT used to not being good at everything. I kinda thought it was good for her to have to actually work at something..it gave her a good insight to what her sister just happens to be gifted at the way she's gifted in another areas..

Luckily next semester she only has 3 core classes left..and then T.A. for her fave teacher..and then she's out at 11:30. technically she's already done a t.a. position and they only get 1 semester of it, but because she's ahead 3 classes (she did them online at home on her own time) the counselor told her she could do the t.a. rather than another kind of elective...she has hated electives!

I REALLY hope you do get the losers weeded out of the AP classes.. DD had AP classes and promptly transferred out the first week because some of the *****iest, nastiest girls were in there with her (she'd dealt w/ them before in other classes prior) and wouldn't leave her alone! The boys love her, it's those damn girls who can't seem to keep their traps shut! Jealousy is such a horrid thing!

Tami~ what I wouldn't give for a weekend completely alone!
Old 05-30-2013, 11:18 AM   #557

Danielle that's just it, grading ART is subjective. You really can't argue it at all with a teacher. Hoping DS14 chooses something different for his "fine art" credit for High School. At least in HS, there are many other options to choose from.
Old 05-30-2013, 11:18 AM   #558

Tami - how long does Doggie need to be monitored 24/7?
Old 05-30-2013, 11:52 AM   #559
Blabbermouth!!!

Here there aren't many fine art credits to choose from... DS and DD18 had it easy because they both had music...DD18 in the band for 4 years pretty much covered her fine art credit, and DS jumped in to orchestra to learn stand up string bass since he plays electric already She had a bit harder time since academics is her thing..give her a law class, business class and she's all over it. Silly kid!
Old 05-30-2013, 11:57 PM   #560
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Genie80
WOE: Slimming World
Start Date: Re-start 09.18.13
Sorry I've been MIA girls, my heads all over the place.

Where to start.. ok, Sunday was a DD & my second attempt at zero calories. Lovely weather, the sun was shining & I was sat in the garden with my MIL whilst Wayne tried to get the cat run finished.

A guy came up to the gate & asked if we ran a business from the house (I presumed he'd seen the bikes in the garage & that's what he meant) we said no but he carried on with the questions asking if we'd got permission to build the run I said yeah, spoken to our landlord & didn't need planning permission. Then he started saying he didn't think we'd asked about it & then asked how many cats we had...

Wooooaaahhh.... who the hell are you? He said he was the landlords boyfriend so I told him at this point I didn't know him from Adam & everything had to go through the agency. It really shook me up to be honest & afterwards it made me really angry! I was worried why he'd been snooping round the back of the house to start with!

Needless to say zero calories was not on the cards, came in at just under 600. Not too bad considering!!!

Its been another bank holiday here so I couldn't speak to the agency until Tuesday morning. Jody the girl I deal with said they'd already had a call from the landlord and she was worried because she'd driven past the house seen loads of cats in the window then gone online seen my website for the cat breeding & thought I was running a cattery. Jody made an appointment with me to come & inspect the property on Tuesday. She was impressed at the cat run and how the house was so clean and even with this amount of cats (5 adults & 5 kittens at the moment).

The landlord has asked that we reduce to 1 cat which the agency has told them by law they can't do & also that the tenancy doesn't get extended when it runs out in August. I'm not entirety sure I could deal with another move (we only moved in March) both mentally & physically. Plus I love the house. It was built in the 1800's is on 3 floors and has the original feature fireplaces.

Jody is trying to convince the landlord that we are good tenants & it would be a good idea to change her mind and let the tenancy continue. I've offered to pay an extra deposit in case the cats do any damage - they're animals I can't guarantee they won't! However if they do we'd repair/replace anything that needed to be.

Tuesday's DD amazingly came in under 500 but yesterday ended up as an UUAD...

I weighed in this morning & I'm back to 190.2
Bit upset but determined to keep going with my rotations especially as my health is improving drastically.

I'm still waiting to hear back from Jody, I spoke to her yesterday & she'd sent the landlord 2 emails & left her 2 voicemails but still not heard anything. I'm hoping after her visit Jody has been able to convince them to let us stay.

I do know they've got in trouble for approaching us as they are allowed access to the property but a) it has to be done through the agency as my contract is with them & b) they have to give 24 hours notice. I think he may actually have broken the law by coming round the back on Sunday but all I care about is keeping the house.

Now see why my head is all over the place?

Read my journal Asthma/Fibromyalgia/IBS/ME
Genie80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 05:23 AM   #561

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Here there aren't many fine art credits to choose from... DS and DD18 had it easy because they both had music...DD18 in the band for 4 years pretty much covered her fine art credit, and DS jumped in to orchestra to learn stand up string bass since he plays electric already She had a bit harder time since academics is her thing..give her a law class, business class and she's all over it. Silly kid!
Now see, that is how Middle school was. DS14 sounds very similar to your DD16. I think our High School offers photography, art, music...I'm thinking there might even be a music history class. Not sure. I need to check it out. I think here, if you don't do band/orchestra in middle school, you can't do it at high school. DS14 had numerous years of guitar though, did your DS transition ok to the string bass?
Old 05-31-2013, 05:39 AM   #562

OH Gina, what a mess!!!!!!! So sorry. Crazy guy and his girl friend. Don't they go through an agency so they don't NEED to check in on things like that???
I am sorry you are going through this! I hate moving. Heck, we have been in our house for over 16 years....we remodeled it so we wouldn't need to move!
Old 05-31-2013, 05:45 AM   #563

It's FRIDAY! It's a DD. Friday DD's don't typically go too well for me....but I am determined to make this one work PERFECTLY!

We have had over 5 inches of rain this week. Hoping that it is done for a bit. We have softball from 12:30 tomorrow through 8:30. Hoping the fields dry out so that is able to happen! I think DS14 is having a friend over to hang with while we are gone. His friends MOM questioned me for 10+ minutes. How we handle emergencies and such. These boys are going to be FRESHMAN in high school. I finally said, you know, last summer we started allowing him to stay home. He babysits for the neighbors and he has a job. If he does all that, we have to assume staying home alone isn't a big deal for him! God BLess her. She is a single Mom and is obviously a bit over protective. She wouldn't agree to allow him to come over the entire time, so she is bringing him over at 5:00 p.m. I said, that sounds great. I mean, am I not protective enough? He has his drivers permit and is entering HS????
Old 05-31-2013, 05:54 AM   #564
Senior LCF Member

Gina- I am so sorry to hear you are going through this!! I hope it all works out and you get to stay. There is nothing worse then moving.

Monica- Wow I thought I was over protective but that mom tops me, lol
Old 05-31-2013, 08:33 AM   #565
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
Tami - how long does Doggie need to be monitored 24/7?
Sorry... it was only 24, not the 7 He's done now. We'll get results probably early next week and then decide whether to pull him off all meds and just let him be for now. Or, maybe, by some miracle the newest med is working and we'll maintain him on it for awhile

Gina, what a nightmare! I'm so sorry! Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers and pray that Jody can talk some sense into the landlord & her boyfriend

Monica, What a crack up. I wouldn't doubt your choices at all. She may know more about her kid than you do and have reason not to trust him Good luck with your DD! I see perfect written all over it!

Seems Gina and I are about even weight wise now. I hit 190 this morning, lower than I've been in weeks! YAY! My UD's have still been pretty crazy. Seems I can't manage to stay out of restaurants on up days... and this weekend I have today & Sunday to eat so yeah I can easily see eating out on Sunday. Thankfully tonight's dinner is already planned at home!

Have a great weekend ladies!
Old 05-31-2013, 08:35 AM   #566
Senior LCF Member

Tami enjoy your up days!!!
Old 05-31-2013, 08:37 AM   #567
Senior LCF Member

I dont know how I forgot to post this yesterday but I hit the 30lbs gone mark!! woohoo 20lbs more until my first goal!!
Old 05-31-2013, 08:39 AM   #568
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Genie80
WOE: Slimming World
Start Date: Re-start 09.18.13
Congrats Liz!!

Jody got back to me, landlord has asked for an extra month and a halfs rent for an additional deposit plus an extra £40 a month! She can't make us pay the extra £40 until we renew at the end of August and Jody has gone back to her to see if she can reduce her expectations regarding an additional deposit and if we can pay it in installments.

Oh well.... least we can finish building the cat run this weekend x
Genie80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 08:40 AM   #569
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Liz!

Huge congrats on 30 pounds gone!!!!
Old 05-31-2013, 08:41 AM   #570
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genie80 View Post
Congrats Liz!!

Jody got back to me, landlord has asked for an extra month and a halfs rent for an additional deposit plus an extra £40 a month! She can't make us pay the extra £40 until we renew at the end of August and Jody has gone back to her to see if she can reduce her expectations regarding an additional deposit and if we can pay it in installments.

Oh well.... least we can finish building the cat run this weekend x
Whew! Not ideal, but better than worrying about having to move in August!