Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2013, 11:53 AM   #511
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynne2u View Post
Tami, I wonder if there's something that disagrees with you, rather than carbs per se? Maybe wheat is not your friend, and it was the bun that made you go puffy. Maybe there was msg in something.
I'm sure it was the wheat, but msg has come into question before, too. I dunno. I just hope it's a passing thing. I stuggled with knee pain during my walk today, too, so my body really doesn't like something, but I'm being stubborn and trying to make it do what I want for a change. lol. Yeah, that always works out well Thanks for the suggestions! I'm hoping I can pull of the merry one, but I really don't eat much during the day, so the small carb window might be ok, too. All low carb is actually ok, too. I know it's better for me. Yeah, just sick of it for a bit. Vegas should be fun! We're going for a dart tournament with another couple. I'm a pretty easy going person and the wife from the other couple is like 'What are we going to DO for a week?!?' omg... um... whatever! lol

Quote:
I'm down to 176 now, I hopped on the scale the other day.
WooHoo Great job! It's hard to grab those reigns & regain control! Well done!

Quote:
I hold my head high with the thought that I'm an amateur that the professional book-writers in my field admire enough to STEAL from.
That's what I'm talking about! You're amazing!

I saw pics of the bridge. That's crazy! Especially on I5! Wow. I haven't been watching the news.. have there been more major tornados since the Moore, Ok one? Monica is in KS, so hopefully safe & just busy!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-2013, 06:17 PM   #512
Major LCF Poster!

Ok, I'm pretty much talking to myself now. lol. How about 499 calories, including a 180 calorie low carb almond ice cream bar, for my first down day? Yippee Skippy. Good thing I'm used to fasting all day. lol

First DD done
misscobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 06:56 PM   #513
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/210/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Good on ya, Tami! 500 calories is a perfectly respectable DD in anybody's book. Well, almost anybody.

Fasting all day works for me, too.

Lynne
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 07:08 AM   #514
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Lynne! I would have been a sad camper at dinner had I not fasted all day. lol I was shooting for 500, though the online calculator says 450ish? Figured 500 would work for now? Maybe? lol No magical drop on the scale this morning, but wasn't really expecting one. Hopefully after the next few DDs? We'll see.

Enjoy your weekend everyone! Hubs has a project that will take most of the weekend, but I'm hoping it'll be done by Monday so we can go play a bit. Coincidentally, Monday is an up day
Old 05-25-2013, 08:16 AM   #515
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by misscobi View Post
Thanks Lynne! I would have been a sad camper at dinner had I not fasted all day. lol I was shooting for 500, though the online calculator says 450ish? Figured 500 would work for now? Maybe? lol No magical drop on the scale this morning, but wasn't really expecting one. Hopefully after the next few DDs? We'll see.
You did good. DDs can be hard to get used to, and I think 500 cals is close enough to the calc numbers. I say whatever gets you through the first couple of weeks of DDs is good; you can always tighten up later if you want/need to.

Enjoy that Monday UD!!

Lynne
Old 05-25-2013, 10:15 AM   #516
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks, Lynne How's Gavin? Hopefully healthy and full of it
Old 05-25-2013, 01:14 PM   #517
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by misscobi View Post
Thanks, Lynne How's Gavin? Hopefully healthy and full of it
He is full of it, all right. We're playing basketball on the deck, and he's working on his no-look pass.

He's healthy, too.

Lynne
Old 05-25-2013, 01:19 PM   #518
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
He is full of it, all right. We're playing basketball on the deck, and he's working on his no-look pass. He's healthy, too.
Love it
Old 05-26-2013, 10:48 AM   #519
Major LCF Poster!

Oh the delicious irony...

Sorry, but I just HAD to share this. (Gloat alert.)

My new book is doing well already!!

The funniest part? It's now outselling (on Kindle, at least) the one from the major publishing house who stole material from me. OW!! That's gotta hurt...

Lynne
Old 05-26-2013, 11:39 AM   #520
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Sorry, but I just HAD to share this. (Gloat alert.)

My new book is doing well already!!

The funniest part? It's now outselling (on Kindle, at least) the one from the major publishing house who stole material from me. OW!! That's gotta hurt...

Lynne
WooHoo! That's about as close to instant Karma as I've ever seen! WTG Lynne!
Old 05-26-2013, 04:12 PM   #521
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Lynne - I actually love that cover. I mean it's a book on electric cars, no need for too much flash, right. I hate certain covers that tend to push the "theme" of a book , KWIM?? All is safe here , no severe weather has hit us. MyBFF's Mom lives in Moore Ok that got hit so bad last Monday. She lives 2 blocks from the school that was destroyed and those poor children died , and yet, true to tornado fashion she only suffered cosmetic damage to her house. WTH??? 1 block from her the entire street was demolished?? Crazy

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rt-2-a-18.html
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 04:12 PM   #522

Liz- you do what feels best for you. How are those girls doing ??
Old 05-26-2013, 04:14 PM   #523

Danielle - love you girl. I hope things ease up for you. Does summer time make is easier or more difficult? Summer gives me a few new challenges . Thank God for our nanny!!
Old 05-26-2013, 04:15 PM   #524

Tami - you joining us on the dark side ?? JUDDD that is? The beginning can show the scale up introducing carbs again. I think your first DD went great . Heck, I rarely have DD's under 500. Way to go!!!
Old 05-26-2013, 04:20 PM   #525

Me, I loved my 3 days off. My baby girl is now heading middle school and my boy, high school. I pray it goes well for him. He is the one that has the biggest social issues. They quoted him at graduation w/o stating it was him. The teacher speaking had done a survey and asked kids to say xxxx about their teAchers. He said to his gifted teacher ...

You made being gifted fun and that's no easy task !!!!

As a parent you always hope your child is smart, now I know that sometimes it makes things more difficult .

Now that it's Sunday we are on day 2 of softball Games. Pretty sure we will lose tonight which means no games tomorrow (and I'm ok with that )
Old 05-27-2013, 10:00 AM   #526
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Monica, summer is summer..there really isn't much difference in our days...I run around just as much now as I do during the school year! DD18 is approaching the car-buying stage and hopefully will have something this summer so that'll make it somewhat easier next Fall.. I can't believe that I have my baby entering her senior year..it has gone SO fast. I can certainly relate to the issues with your DS..my young'un has "suffered" alot for being smart. It's been hard to watch sometimes, but through it all, she has found her voice and she is NOT afraid to use it! I finally got her her to understand that the people who love & adore her are the only ones that matter...ie. teachers, administration, etc.. I told her the best part about graduating is getting rid of all the idiots you were forced to be around every day for 4 years.. yep, she finally gets it and it's made it easier for her to deal with her haters. She laughed herself all the way to a 4.0 again as she left everyone in the rearview..

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:15 AM   #527
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Monica & Danielle! Happy to see both of you resurface! Love those smart kids. Someday those 'haters' will be kissing their booties asking for a job

Yep, Monica, enjoying the dark side thus far. My first UD got a little carried away, but I followed it with a 317 calorie down day yesterday. Today's going well. I'll probalby have some movie popcorn with hubby later today or maybe dinner out. He's finishing up that project right now, but we plan on doing 'something' when he's finished.
Old 05-27-2013, 11:47 AM   #528
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Tami, I'm so glad that you're enjoying JUDDD so far! sounds like you're doing very very well! Enjoy your time with DH...we did the movies on Friday and were supposed to go again Saturday but we didn't go.. lots to see right now!
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 12:56 AM   #529
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Genie80
WOE: Slimming World
Start Date: Re-start 09.18.13
Hope everyone's had a great weekend, another bank holiday here and we had sun again so got to spend plenty of time in the garden!

My rotations have gone well & I'm feeling really positive about this woe & my 4:3's

Sounds like its going well for you too, Tami.. keep at it girl I look forward to seeing how you get on xx
Genie80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 05:35 AM   #530

Danielle - I agree. I have told DS14 time and time again. After High School, he will never see any of these people again. DS14 is made fun of a lot for his size and smarts. I think he tends to snap back, which probably doesn't help. I hate to tell him to just ignore and walk away, but I think he might not be such a target if he wasn't so quick to smart back to them. KWIM? Your DD16 sounds amazing! I think she is set to be quite the woman!

Tami - you are right about the haters! To heck with all of them. It's summer so he won't have to fuss or worry about them again till August. What movie did you see? I still need to get to the theater to see Iron Man 3!

Gina - sounds like you are doing really well. Keep it up!

Back to work today. I came in on Sunday and brought some stuff home to work on yesterday. Nice to come in today and not be quite so far behind!
Old 05-28-2013, 05:37 AM   #531

Forgot to mention, DS14 is down to 209 so that means 16 pounds lost so far. He stays the coarse really well. Never just tosses the calculator and just eat. He counts it all. I told him the other night, you keep this up you will need an entirely new wardrobe once it's time to go back to school. His shirts are now starting to HANG on him!
Old 05-28-2013, 06:46 AM   #532
Major LCF Poster!

Monica, that's awesome! I bet DS is so excited with the prospect of starting high school smaller! We saw Hangover III. I'm a sucker for stupid comedies and it was just as expected. lol.

Thanks all for the encouragement with JUDDD. It's still weird to pay attention to cals instead of carbs and I think I'm doing ok, but the scale hasn't agreed just yet. I chose not to get on the scale this morning after yesterday's UD. Btw, movie popcorn was so dissapointing! Don't you hate when you get excited for something you haven't had in a long time and it's just blah? Really a bummer. Tasted more like styrofoam than the rich salty/buttery goodness I remember. Hmph. They added the butter, we added way too much salt & it was still just blah. Oh-well. Won't have to waste money on that next time! lol
Old 05-28-2013, 08:24 AM   #533

Tami - introducing carbs again will trend the scale upward. Give it time and that number will be down.
Old 05-28-2013, 08:29 AM   #534
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
Tami - introducing carbs again will trend the scale upward. Give it time and that number will be down.
Thanks Monica. I have to admit that's the scary part, but there sure are a lot of people that agree that it will eventually come back down.
Old 05-28-2013, 11:24 AM   #535

Just stay away from the scale for a bit. If you can!
Old 05-28-2013, 04:23 PM   #536
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Just stay away from the scale for a bit. If you can!
I did today, but not sure I'll be able to resist tomorrow. I'll try not to let it bug me too much. I was reading the weighing thread on the JUDDD board and it helped me see just how much everyone bounces around. Today's my first hungry DD... not sure what's up with that! It's nearly 4:30, though, and I'm at 80 calories worth of sf creamer, so not too bad. I have a couple 100 calorie options planned for later so should end the night ok.
Old 05-29-2013, 05:41 AM   #537

Tami - you are doing great! That scale will come down, just stick with it. Remember, ALWAYS eat your UD calories. Common mistake is to think cutting back on them will help, it doesn't!

It's Wednesday! Thank goodness! Worked Monday from home and last night, hoping to get fully caught up later today!
Old 05-29-2013, 05:42 AM   #538

Quote:
Forgot to mention, DS14 is down to 209 so that means 16 pounds lost so far. He stays the coarse really well. Never just tosses the calculator and just eat. He counts it all. I told him the other night, you keep this up you will need an entirely new wardrobe once it's time to go back to school. His shirts are now starting to HANG on him!
I posted this yesterday and once he woke, he texted me his new number. He's down to 206! HE is so excited about getting into ONEderland! I hope it happens fast for him.
Old 05-29-2013, 06:11 AM   #539
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lize636
Stats: 225/172/155
WOE: LC
Start Date: Nov 2009, restart March 2013
Sorry I have been MIA- we had a weekend full of sickness...DH was sick with a really high fever and in bed for 2 and 1/2 days. Yesterday DD4 woke up with poison ivy all over and we had to take her to the doc. They put her on steroids and some cream to help. She seems better this morning and is with her Nana so we shall see.

Tami- Glad to see you are doing well with JUDDD, I have a feeling it wont be long before I join the team. Currently I am still just counting calories but I have been stuck at 197-196 for the week. I want to get through this week and see where I stand.

Monica- for your son...that is really good for someone his age to pull this off. It isn't easy at our age to stick with a diet let alone as a kid watching everyone else eat everything they want.

Lynne- Glad to hear the article is doing so well! Karma is a great thing!!

Gina- you are rocking and rolling!! KUTGW

Danielle- Hows everything going? You back on the JUDDD train??

PS I am glad everyone is OK after all this crazy weather going on!!

Slimmer by Summer Challenge 225/190/?
Awesome by Autumn Challenge 193/176/180
Sexier for Santa 176/174/164
Spring Fling 185/172/165
Lize636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:11 AM   #540
Major LCF Poster!

Monica, so happy for DS! He must be so proud of himself! If it won't embarass him let him know we're all proud of him also!

Liz, so sorry to you guys had a rough weekend! I feel so bad for your 4 year old. Poor baby!

As for JUDDD, it's really interesting. I'm still not sure exactly what my way of eating will look like for life... it's cut & dry on low carb, but this opens up a whole bunch of options, some of them not so great, but oh so tempting. lol We'll see. Oh, and Monica, eating to cals on my UD's hasn't been an issue! Of course the second & third UD were over the weekend and I certainly enjoyed trying a bit of everything! That said, I am down a pound or two from when I started JUDDD! Hopefully I'll get back to my old low after a couple more rotations? We'll see!