Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2013, 03:43 PM   #481
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Happy Friday ladies! Hope you all have a wonderful weekend! My oldest baby boy turned 21 today... oy. He's getting old... me, not so much. lol He chose Red Robin for dinner, so staying on track will be no problem. Good thing his favorite isn't Mexican like mommy's! lol We get him (and a bunch of others) for dinner then he has a surprise birthday party thrown by the girlfriend tomorrow. Funny, we weren't invited to that one. lol. Think I'll offer to play chaperone, just in case, though she is suggesting that everyone sleep over at her house. Smart girl. When when when did they get this old???

Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2013, 05:09 AM   #482
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
OhTami happy birthday to your son. How was Red Robin.....YUM.

It's Saturday. Dh had his phone in our room and at 5:45 the dang thing went off like ten times with texts from my family...responding to his count down to our trip. So now I'm up. Grrrr. Oh well. We'll go walk soon.

Good morning all
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 09:09 AM   #483
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
OhTami happy birthday to your son. How was Red Robin.....YUM.
We hadn't been in ages and it was actually really good! Service was great, too. It was a little loud, but it was Red Robin and we had a large group so were seated out in the middle. We expected the noise and I'm sure our motley crew added to it. lol

Sorry about the early wake up call! Enjoy your walk
misscobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 08:13 AM   #484
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/207/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet/JUDDD/no sugar
Quote:
Originally Posted by misscobi View Post
My oldest baby boy turned 21 today... oy. He's getting old... me, not so much. lol
I know. This is so hard to understand, but it's true, it's true. How do our kids manage to age while we remain the same?

Gavin is almost 9. I don't see how this is possible.

Red Robin sounds delightful.

Monica, you really didn't need the sleep deprivation after your night babysitting at the hospital!! DH owes you a weekend winery trip now.

Lynne

P.S. "Let's Talk About Electric Cars" is almost done and ready for launch. Freaking out slightly. Sorry to be a prima donna.
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 06:55 AM   #485
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lize636
Stats: 225/186/155
WOE: LC
Start Date: Nov 2009, restart March 2013
Tami- Happy Bday to your son. Hope you enjoyed your Red Robin

Monica- There is nothing worse than being woken up early when you wanted to sleep in!!

Lynne- I need to read your book/article bout the electric cars...my commute to work is about 1hr and 15 mins and I really would like an electric car or at least a hybrid. Gas is ridiculous here!!
Lize636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:35 AM   #486
Senior LCF Member

So ladies today I took the plunge to the low calorie realm.....I am just trying to do something that I can maintain long term. My plan for now is 1500 a day. So far so good. I will try and avoid the scale for now until Friday and see what happen. Wish me luck
Old 05-20-2013, 12:01 PM   #487

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynne2u View Post
Monica, you really didn't need the sleep deprivation after your night babysitting at the hospital!! DH owes you a weekend winery trip now.

Lynne

P.S. "Let's Talk About Electric Cars" is almost done and ready for launch. Freaking out slightly. Sorry to be a prima donna.
I agree on the winery trip! YES!!!!!!!!!

way to go on the car stuff! You are doing so GREAT!
Old 05-20-2013, 12:02 PM   #488

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lize636 View Post
So ladies today I took the plunge to the low calorie realm.....I am just trying to do something that I can maintain long term. My plan for now is 1500 a day. So far so good. I will try and avoid the scale for now until Friday and see what happen. Wish me luck
GOOD LUCK GIRL!!!!! You can do this! have you ever considered JUDDD? Eating on a diet just every other day???
Old 05-20-2013, 12:03 PM   #489

This week is CRAZY for me. Only working today/tomorrow then helping at the schools W/TH and then recognition on Friday! 5 days of work to do in 2 days WISH ME LUCK
Old 05-20-2013, 12:31 PM   #490
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
GOOD LUCK GIRL!!!!! You can do this! have you ever considered JUDDD? Eating on a diet just every other day???
I have considered it. If this doesn't work well for me I may turn to JUDDD. I am worried that the DD will fall on days that just wont work for me like a holiday!!!
Old 05-20-2013, 12:35 PM   #491
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
This week is CRAZY for me. Only working today/tomorrow then helping at the schools W/TH and then recognition on Friday! 5 days of work to do in 2 days WISH ME LUCK

Good luck YOU CAN DO IT!!!
Old 05-20-2013, 01:54 PM   #492
Major LCF Poster!

Good afternoon everyone!!

Liz, good luck!! It's a process. You'll find your WOE bliss!

I'll send you a link to my "Volt" interview when it's done. I'm deep in the middle of getting my book launched this week, but I'll do my best to get the interview online so people can read about how Jeff's Volt gets 288 mpg on his L.A. freeway commute with a 238 dollar lease payment: )

Monica, I don't know how you do it. You DEFINITELY deserve a winery trip after this week.

Me... I can't believe how hard people's lives are right now. I won't depress you with the details, but after talking to a few people lately, I realize I've been a little sheltered. Regular ordinary people are suffering a lot in this recession; and children, elderly and disabled suffering the most. No matter what, I don't have anything to complain about!

Back to work for me. Have a good Monday all!!

Lynne

Carbohydrate Addict's Diet. Hopefully.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.
Old 05-20-2013, 05:38 PM   #493
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks for the bday wishes for DS. It was a really nice night!

Lynne, how exciting about your electric car book! It is odd how the kids keep getting older, isn't it? lol Just because others are suffering and we have a ton to be grateful for doesn't mean you're not entitled to seek comfort when things get rough. I'm the queen of whininess lately, but like you, I really have no complaints.

Liz, how's the calorie counting going? I've fought it tooth and nail, but may have to go that route. Trying to be patient & wait it out, but it seems I hit stall after stall after stall... some self induced others not so much. lol

Monica, enjoy your short but crazy week! Sounds fun, but exhausting!

Danielle... hey girl... you still hanging in there?

Gina, hope you're doing well, too!

I'm still just plugging along. I swear I see changes in my body even though the scale isn't moving. Hubby agrees... like he would dare to say diferently, though He's not that dumb He and I went on a wonderful 4.5 mile walk through a local park yesterday and really enjoyed it. The last couple of walks with him have been during really hot weather and I've really struggled. It was nice to get out early and show him it really was the heat and I'm not as big of a wimp as I seemed the last couple of times. I also started a 30 day ab workout thing that's been floating around the social media sites. I was really sad to find that I could not do ONE sit-up. Not one! Nope, nada, no matter what I tried my abs were not going to lift my upper body past about chest high. Wow. Scary & eye opening. I really had no idea. With a bit of help I managed to do 5 half arsed sit-ups. The crunches, leg lifts & plank weren't as bad, but it'll be a happy day when I can sit up on my own. Geez. I knew my abs have been toast since my back injury, but wow.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:30 AM   #494
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Genie80
WOE: Slimming World
Start Date: Re-start 09.18.13
Quote:
I have considered it. If this doesn't work well for me I may turn to JUDDD. I am worried that the DD will fall on days that just wont work for me like a holiday!!!
That was initially my problem which is why I've ended up doing 4:3 I've planned around Friday & Saturday being the days most things happen so have my UD's as:
Monday, Wednesday, Friday & Saturday
and my DD's as:
Tuesday, Thursday & Sunday.

I still seem to be losing but at a slower rate which is fine by me as long as it's something I can stick too xx
Genie80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:48 AM   #495
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Hey girls, I'm here. Barely peeking above the water, but I'm here.

I still have to catch up on everything here, but wanted to tell Liz that you can manipulate your days with JUDDD to fit what you need...it worked beautifully for me over the holidays and I continued to lose throughout... one of the biggest reasons why I keep looking to being back to JUDDD... and like Monica said, you only "diet" half the time!! It just needs to be attempted with a big huge dose of patience! So, if ya got that, then you can definitely swing with JUDDD!

Anyways, hope everyone is well! I miss being here every day... I am plowing through my days hanging on..trying to get a firm footing into JUDDD'ing again.. hubby was off the last few days so that kept me away from the computer for awhile...DD16 is on her last 2 half-days before summer break starts...DD18 has been in CA with the family that I no longer speak to and will be back tomorrow... yep, it's all sorts of fun around here!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 12:05 PM   #496
Major LCF Poster!

Glad you're hanging in there, Danielle! Sometimes that's all we can do!

Gina, I love your rotation days. Makes so much sense to me.

Monica, Lynne, Liz? Where ya be?

Still plugging along here. Still struggling with day one of that 30 day ab challege. It's going to me more like a 120 day challenge for me, but that's ok. lol My mind says 'SIT UP' but my body just doesn't move! lol I am still able to mofify them and get it done, but geez. Also still walking and I'm picking up an exercise bike today... not sure how that will work out, but it's a freebie, so if I don't like it I can pass it along to the next person. Eating is 'ok', but scale still isn't moving. It'll have to one of these days...

Hope you're all doing well!!!
Old 05-22-2013, 01:52 PM   #497
Senior LCF Member

I'm here sorry guys been a busy day full of meetings..... I guess I need to look further into the JUDDD stuff. I want to get through this first week transitioning from counting carbs to calories. So far I am doing well... I feel like I am not even on a diet because I can have so many things that I couldn't before!!

Quick question for the JUDDDers on your UD do you stay with in your calorie range?? and if you dont does it cause a stall???
Old 05-22-2013, 02:17 PM   #498
Major LCF Poster!

Hello everyone!!

Tami, sorry to be MIA again - I'm on duty.

I loved this: "my mind says SIT UP but my body just doesn't move".

Gavin is home from school today because he had to go to the doctor. The doctor is leaving because the medical group he works for has not been able to come up with a workable contract for the doctors that serve these patients.

It's a weird thing, I can't say I understand it very well, but the doc is taking a stand against corporate greed and I certainly applaud that. At the same time, we'll miss him because he's an awesome ENT.

We've lost more great doctors over the years because of stuff like this.

Danielle, we're happy to see whatever of you we can get. You just go on with your bad self, gurl.

Liz, on staying in the calorie limits on UDs, and if not does it cause stalls: the only way to find out is try it.

I've stretched the calorie limits and lost weight, I've stuck perfectly to the numbers and NOT lost weight, and vice versa. I've learned that I will stall if I get too much "fasting stress" by being too strict on DDs, and lose better with more calories. YMMV.

Most people do fine with the 500/2000 spread, but I think everyone's got a personal sweet spot they've got to find for themselves.

Gina, I've said it before, but I think you're very smart to do "what works for your lifestyle" vs. "what works fastest". I'll bet your way is faster (for you) in the long run.

Me... I can't believe what a hassle it's been getting the Kindle book ready to go! I could whine about it, but I won't.

Opinions: What do you think of the cover art?

Lynne
Old 05-23-2013, 01:39 AM   #499
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Genie80
WOE: Slimming World
Start Date: Re-start 09.18.13
Quote:

Lynne
It is what it is, straight to the point - I like this x
Genie80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 07:40 AM   #500
Major LCF Poster!

Lynne, I like the cover. I'm not sure I love it, but it does the job well. I wish the picture made it more obvious what she's doing, but the clear lightning bold on the sign brings me back to electricity and electric vehicles.

That's a bummer about the doctor, though. Good for him for taking a stand, but not so good for you and Gavin

Thankfully today is a rest day! No abs, no squats, no walking, no biking. nada. I'm getting to that point where I actually want to do more, but also need to hold myself back some and give this poor body of mine a chance to heal.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:05 AM   #501
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Lynne
Sorry to hear about the doctor, good ones are hard to find. My kids still go to a pediatrician that is 45 mins away because I am just to scared to change we love him and he has been both my kids doc since the day they were born.

I do like the cover very cute!

As for the JUDDD you are right the only way to know is to try it out!!! I want to get through the first week or two and see how my body balances out with my current WOE... I am up a lb today for no good reason. I told myself I would figure out the answer to what happens when you go from counting carbs to calories. So I have to finish this out long enough to give good results and then I can move on to JUDDD if staying under 1500 calories a day is not working fast enough for me.

Old 05-23-2013, 09:07 AM   #502
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Lynne, I like the cover. I'm not sure I love it, but it does the job well. I wish the picture made it more obvious what she's doing, but the clear lightning bold on the sign brings me back to electricity and electric vehicles.

That's a bummer about the doctor, though. Good for him for taking a stand, but not so good for you and Gavin

Thankfully today is a rest day! No abs, no squats, no walking, no biking. nada. I'm getting to that point where I actually want to do more, but also need to hold myself back some and give this poor body of mine a chance to heal.

Yay for a rest day! Enjoy it we all deserve it. You do way better then most when it comes to the exercise. ( I haven't been doing much of anything in that department) send some workout vibes my way
Old 05-23-2013, 09:30 AM   #503
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Yay for a rest day! Enjoy it we all deserve it. You do way better then most when it comes to the exercise. ( I haven't been doing much of anything in that department) send some workout vibes my way

Can you feel the vibes headed your way via smiley? <gg>

I've been using a gps tracking app that lets you connect with friends. Seeing that they've finished their walks, while I sit at the computer , is pretty motivational. It seems like once you find something you can do that isn't too horrible it grows on you and you want to continue. I still don't lke exercise, but I've been only allowing myself to listen to an audiobook while walking, so if I want to hear what's coming next in my book I need to kick myself out the door and get moving.
Old 05-23-2013, 10:18 AM   #504
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Can you feel the vibes headed your way via smiley? <gg>

I've been using a gps tracking app that lets you connect with friends. Seeing that they've finished their walks, while I sit at the computer , is pretty motivational. It seems like once you find something you can do that isn't too horrible it grows on you and you want to continue. I still don't lke exercise, but I've been only allowing myself to listen to an audiobook while walking, so if I want to hear what's coming next in my book I need to kick myself out the door and get moving.
That is a great idea!! I love audiobooks.... I will have to give this a try
Old 05-23-2013, 11:50 AM   #505
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
That is a great idea!! I love audiobooks.... I will have to give this a try
Let me know how it goes. It really works for me, most of the time. hehe
Old 05-23-2013, 08:02 PM   #506
Major LCF Poster!

Happy *almost* Friday! I've been doing a lot of thinking and a little reading today and I think I'm ready for a change. As much as I have fought counting, I'm not happy with how things are going and I'm going to give JUDDD a try. I'm committing to 2 weeks for now to see how it goes. I have 10 weeks until that Vegas trip and I'd really like to see more consistent loss in those 10 weeks than what I've managed lately. So I'm experimenting a bit with two of those weeks thinking that my body (and mind) just may need a change and if JUDDD works I'll stick with it. If it doesn't maybe the change will force my body to react to strict Atkins' induction after the two week trial? Sound reasonable? Any thoughts or suggestions?
Old 05-24-2013, 07:51 AM   #507
Major LCF Poster!

Ok, nevermind. I changed my mind. Just kidding, but after having a hamburger with bun & some potato salad for dinner I woke up with a really puffy face this morinng. Of course the scale was up, too. I know it's all water retention, but I don't know if I'm going to be able to tolerate the extra carbs at all? Not liking the puffy face. Hmph. 2 weeks... I did enjoy my burger with bun, of course. lol Hmmm. lol Combining low carb and JUDDD doesn't sound like too much fun, though I know people do it.
Old 05-24-2013, 11:03 AM   #508
Senior LCF Member

Take the plunge Tami!! The first week is going to be rough...stay off the scale if you can or just know your weight is gonna go up before it comes back down. I did the same thing as you went back and forth about switching. I think it took me a few days to set my mind to it. Today I seen a new low! 196!! One more pound and that will be 30lbs total. I am loving being able to eat things that I couldn't before. I dont even feel like I am on a diet.
Old 05-24-2013, 11:07 AM   #509
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Liz. Congrats on your new low!!! The not feeling like a diet part is huge to me right now. I have found myself sneaking bites of this or that, or having a cheat meal here and there, way too often lately, so I'm thinking I need a break from low carb... but really need to keep the scale moving for anther 30-40 pounds.
Old 05-24-2013, 11:57 AM   #510
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I have found myself sneaking bites of this or that, or having a cheat meal here and there, way too often lately, so I'm thinking I need a break from low carb... but really need to keep the scale moving for anther 30-40 pounds.
Tami, I wonder if there's something that disagrees with you, rather than carbs per se? Maybe wheat is not your friend, and it was the bun that made you go puffy. Maybe there was msg in something.

Maybe another way to modify JUDDD to "have your cake and eat it too" would be to limit your carb intake to one meal a day, with the rest of the day being LC. You know, keep the carbs within a window but a really narrow one, like an hour.

Or have your DD be low carb, and your UD be merry.

Vegas, baby! That's going to be FUN!!

Yay to the audiobook exercise motivator.

Liz!! Congratulations on the new low!!

I can see I'd better get my act together, or I'm going to get passed by. I'm ashamed to say I've been almost 20 pounds heavier than my lowest challenge signature lately, but I'm down to 176 now, I hopped on the scale the other day.

Me... thank you for the feedback on the cover!

It is amateur effort, I think, yes - but that's not a bad thing. It's the best I can do with what I've got to work with, and I keep reminding myself that the book is amateur effort, too, so at least the cover isn't lying.

I hold my head high with the thought that I'm an amateur that the professional book-writers in my field admire enough to STEAL from.

It has been monsooning here on the coast lately. If this keeps up, I'm going to be able to plant rice in the backyard.

I hope everyone's out of tornado path right now. It scares me when we don't hear from folks in the midwest for a while after seeing entire towns get destroyed. Check in, Monica!

Speaking of that? A bridge collapsed just north of Seattle yesterday, on I-5 (major N/S freeway for the non-leftcoasties). I couldn't believe it! That's like my worst nightmare.

See what a worrywart I am. Stay safe, ladies!!

Lynne