Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2013, 06:54 AM   #451
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
I did a phone interview yesterday for an article about the Chevy Volt. Now I have GOT to have one. The guy I talked to yesterday is paying $238 a month for his lease, and he saved enough in gas to lease a second Volt for his wife. He gets like 288 mpg average.
How much is one of those charger things? I think I need to get a car that gets 288 MPG!!!!!!!!!!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2013, 06:55 AM   #452

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynne2u View Post
Gavin went missing this afternoon, and I was frantically looking for him, and they couldn't be bothered! They asked what they should do if they happened to see him. What?? Missing little kid. Disabled. Can't talk. Hey neighbor: do you think you could interrupt your trashcan rolling for a minute and show some concern, maybe help me look or something??
He'd escaped from the back yard after the lawn guy left the gate open, and was clear across the street(!) with no shoes.

What the h*ll is wrong with people??

Lynne
OH Lynne, I am so sorry! So glad he didn't go far. Poor guy, probably thought he was LIVING the DREAM! While MOMMA was losing it!

You need to stop by more often Lynne, I miss you when you disappear for a day or 2!!!!

Danielle - same with you girl! We need more updates!
Old 05-15-2013, 07:00 AM   #453

Today will be a crazy day for me (and it's a DD). I will leave work at 3 and head to Columbia MO (2 hours away) to the hospital. My sister is having surgery today. Hysterectomy. I am spending the night there at the hosptial tonight with her. Is it necessary? I think no, but Mom really felt someone should stay there and was insisting on doing it herself. She still hasn't truly bounced back from her tummy issues Sunday. So I just said, I will spend the night Mom! Now, why wouldn't her HUSBAND offer, knowing I am driving 2+ hours 1 way to do it?? Not sure, but I didn't ask. As I told my DH, I just didn't want MOM to do it, so I said I would!

I will leave to return to work tomorrow morning probably around 8:00 or 8:30 a.m. Hoping Mom/Dad will be back at the hospital by then. To make up for that, I worked last night till 7:00. I guess, I'm a good sister/daughter, whether I think this is all necessary or not!

Have a GREAT Day everyone!

Monica -Come see my journey!
Old 05-15-2013, 07:55 AM   #454
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lize636
Stats: 225/186/155
WOE: LC
Start Date: Nov 2009, restart March 2013
Quote:
Gavin went missing this afternoon, and I was frantically looking for him, and they couldn't be bothered! They asked what they should do if they happened to see him. What?? Missing little kid. Disabled. Can't talk. Hey neighbor: do you think you could interrupt your trashcan rolling for a minute and show some concern, maybe help me look or something??
He'd escaped from the back yard after the lawn guy left the gate open, and was clear across the street(!) with no shoes.

Lynne

I am so glad you found him! There is nothing worse than not knowing where your child is. I was out with the kids one evening and ran in the house for all of two seconds and came back out and they were gone no where to be found.......I was so worried and I ALWAYS think of the worse possible case. Ran around the house a few dozen times yelling for them. Those little turds were hiding in my van the whole time and laughing at us too! I was so upset I imagine you were as well. Glad he is safe and sound.

Lize636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:56 AM   #455
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
Today will be a crazy day for me (and it's a DD). I will leave work at 3 and head to Columbia MO (2 hours away) to the hospital. My sister is having surgery today. Hysterectomy. I am spending the night there at the hosptial tonight with her. Is it necessary? I think no, but Mom really felt someone should stay there and was insisting on doing it herself. She still hasn't truly bounced back from her tummy issues Sunday. So I just said, I will spend the night Mom! Now, why wouldn't her HUSBAND offer, knowing I am driving 2+ hours 1 way to do it?? Not sure, but I didn't ask. As I told my DH, I just didn't want MOM to do it, so I said I would!

I will leave to return to work tomorrow morning probably around 8:00 or 8:30 a.m. Hoping Mom/Dad will be back at the hospital by then. To make up for that, I worked last night till 7:00. I guess, I'm a good sister/daughter, whether I think this is all necessary or not!

Have a GREAT Day everyone!
You are a great sister and daughter! They are all lucky to have you.
Old 05-15-2013, 08:38 AM   #456
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Quote:

Lynne
UGH! Holy C*%#! I don't get the lack of concern at all. Grrrrr. I've only really known one DS girl and darned if we didn't lose her one time. She was out near a busy street, again without shoes, just playing. Sigh. Scared the crud out of all of us. Her mom was there, but we all typically kept a pretty good eye on her as a group. Not that time So glad Gavin was found safely!!!!

Sorry the young man didn't work out, but sounds like you made a wise decision. I'm sure someone perfect will come along. In the mean time, look at you stepping out of your comfort zone! Love it! I have no doubt you will make it all work, whatever it takes! Go Lynne!
Old 05-15-2013, 08:44 AM   #457
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
It's a food funk! My DD's aren't really low and my up days, well, they can get a little out of control. TRYING to real it all in!
Gotcha... not fun at all. My scale was way up this morning and I've got all the familiar thoughts of do I change something, stay the course & hope for the best, WHAT do I do??? I'm so not a patient person when it comes to stuff like this. Of course I cheated Saturday night & Sunday, so not sure exactly what I was expecting, but not to be up 5 pounds. Grrr.

You are a good sister and daughter... and I wonder if mom even checked with hubby? Perhaps he had planned on staying overnight all along and mom just didn't ask? That kind of thing happens in our family all the time... um, communication people! lol My mom was upset because she and the other grandma weren't welcome in my sister's delivery room once it came time to push. I had taken on the job of getting both grandmas out to the waiting room and kept comfortable. Killed me, cause I knew I could have been in there (and yeah, I'm not a patient person so waiting was torture!) but it's what my sister needed at the moment. You just do what you got to do sometimes. Hope the night, and the following work day, aren't too rough and that all goes well with sis's surgery.
misscobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:46 AM   #458
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lize636 View Post
....I was so worried and I ALWAYS think of the worse possible case. Ran around the house a few dozen times yelling for them. Those little turds were hiding in my van the whole time and laughing at us too!
Little stinkers! I know it's funny now, but must have been terrifying at the time!

Hope you all have an excellent day!
Old 05-15-2013, 12:50 PM   #459

Quote:
and I wonder if mom even checked with hubby?
I am sure the answer to that was NO, as I can imagine her DH would be like...why would anyone need to stay??? I love my BIL but calling him ODD is putting it MILDLY! He is strange in a bunch of ways. He is total old school, of coarse he is 59 and she is only 40, so that is probably part of it! I am doing what my Mom wants. I will enjoy just hanging out with my sister! I love doing that. OH and I brought the blow up mattress, so I will be plenty confortable!

Liz - sometimes you just want to shoot your kids! I know I sure do! The only time we really "lost" one of ours was in NYC, yes, NYC! We were in Central Park and my DD went wandering off. I was running, screaming her name. We were in NEW YORK! Where we knew NO ONE!!!!!!!!!!! Several people asked to help, asked her name and were yelling for her too. Little **** was just around the corner, sitting down playing with the grass. Had no idea we were all looking for her!! I swear, my heart just about exploded it was beating so quickly!
Old 05-15-2013, 02:00 PM   #460
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/207/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet/JUDDD/no sugar
Hi, everyone!!

Monica, thank you. It's nice to be missed, and I'll try not to be missed so much.

I'll send you a link to the Chevy Volt interview on my website when it's done. It's almost done now, if I'd quit doing this and get back to work.

On editing: there's editing, and then there's editing. I don't need a copy editor - somebody to check the grammar and spelling and such. I need YOU, a semi-professional reader, to give feedback on what you like and what you don't like about the story. That's somebody who can say "it drags here, I started skipping pages" and "this character is NOT doing it for me. I wish he would shut up. I want him dead." or "this bit here doesn't move things along" or "needs to go faster/slower during this part". That is the part that is so hard for a writer to do for themselves because we can't see the forest for the trees sometimes.

Anyway, I have recorded your saying: "I would GLADLY read your book and help you edit it!" and, well, it looks like a contract to me. With witnesses. Right, ladies?

Hopefully your slumber party in the hospital tonight with your sister will be fun. The blow up mattress was a good idea; I can tell this is not your first rodeo.

Losing your DD in NYC? It's a wonder you didn't have a cardiac emergency right then and there. It's nice that people were willing to help.

That's the part that really shook me up yesterday: my neighbors were totally not wanting to get involved. I am a single mom on my own, far away from family, with a disabled kid - it shook me up to think that my fellow humans might not give a damn if we have an emergency. I can't imagine treating anyone that way. I'm not a drama queen with a new emergency every week; I take care of business and keep to myself for the most part. It's hard not to take it personally, but I know this: I don't want those people anywhere near us now...and we found out the easy way.

Tami, yes. That's the thing about DS; fearless to a fault. Gavin's not as bad as others I've known, but the wandering off is a common complaint.

The lawn guy left the gate open because he broke his lawn mower on a rock in my lawn ($1000 repair) and was upset and distracted and just forgot to close it.

Liz, that running around the house thing? That's heart-stopping. It's awful, you poor thing. It's a wonder you didn't beat them bloody when you found them!

Oh, well...I'm looking at it this way: it could have been disastrous, it wasn't, and life goes on. Case closed.

Tami, I'm pretty sure the 5 pounds is just water, it will leave just as quickly as it came in. I know it doesn't help, though.

And now I'm getting back to work. Not much to report here diet-wise, except that my pants are getting loose again and my face is looking thinner! That's progress!!

See ya tomorrow -
Lynne

Carbohydrate Addict's Diet. Hopefully.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 02:11 PM   #461
Senior LCF Member

Yes sometimes my kids make me want to hurt them. But I always try to remember they are just kids. I am pretty sure they now know it's not funny to hide from your parents though!!! I play the good parent role and leave the spanking mostly to my husband so they lucked out that time because he was to worried to spank them lol.

Last edited by Lize636; 05-15-2013 at 02:12 PM..
Old 05-15-2013, 03:01 PM   #462
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Genie80
WOE: Slimming World
Start Date: Re-start 09.18.13
Quote:
Yes sometimes my kids make me want to hurt them. But I always try to remember they are just kids. I am pretty sure they now know it's not funny to hide from your parents though!!! I play the good parent role and leave the spanking mostly to my husband so they lucked out that time because he was to worried to spank them lol.
I panic enough when I lose one of my cats for an hour or so. They don't go out so if I can't find them or they don't 'appear' when the food is rattle I have a total fit and run round the house like a woman posessed! Can't imagine how it would feel to 'lose' kids for a while.. I'm not a parent, never will be but more than content being a 'kittymom' x
Genie80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:28 PM   #463

Quote:
On editing: there's editing, and then there's editing. I don't need a copy editor - somebody to check the grammar and spelling and such. I need YOU, a semi-professional reader, to give feedback on what you like and what you don't like about the story. That's somebody who can say "it drags here, I started skipping pages" and "this character is NOT doing it for me. I wish he would shut up. I want him dead." or "this bit here doesn't move things along" or "needs to go faster/slower during this part". That is the part that is so hard for a writer to do for themselves because we can't see the forest for the trees sometimes.

Anyway, I have recorded your saying: "I would GLADLY read your book and help you edit it!" and, well, it looks like a contract to me. With witnesses. Right, ladies?
H*LL yes I will! I can't wait. A famous author wants me to read her stuff!!!! I can't wait to tell Dennis!!! I'm so excited! Thank you!!!!
Old 05-15-2013, 07:29 PM   #464

Liz- wait till your kids become teens !! Then you will truly want to hurt them. and of coarse you won't !!!
Old 05-15-2013, 08:55 PM   #465

Gina - fur babies are important too!!!
Old 05-15-2013, 09:27 PM   #466
Major LCF Poster!

Lynne, WooHoo! To loose pants & thinner face!!! Always nice to see those non scale victories! That's really what it's all about anyway! Thanks for the pep talk on the 5 pounds. They better be gone soon! lol For what it's worth, I'd also be more than willing to read your book and give you feedback, though I don't have the vampire experience that Monica does I'm really upset with your neighbors. How frustrating and sad

Liz, love that your husband was too worried to spank the kids. lol. You just gotta love 'em.

Haha, Monica, isn't that the truth about teens... but yeah, as much as they scare & annoy the crud out of us, they're still *our* little monsters

Gina, having both fur & non fur (well not as much fur) kids I can tell you the panicked feeling is the same. I lost one of our basset hounds in the bathroom one day. The same panic set in and pretty rapidly, too. I was searching high and low, really starting to panic and he was just sitting in the dark in the bathroom, behind a closed door, not making a peep. lol He must have followed me in as I was flitting around and I didn't notice him there. Ooops
Old 05-16-2013, 02:47 AM   #467
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Genie80
WOE: Slimming World
Start Date: Re-start 09.18.13
I've had my first Non-Scale Victory today:
After a UD My UK16 work trousers fastened without me having to breathe in first!
Long way to go until I'll be saying that about UK14 trousers but I'm definitly on the right track now
Genie80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:31 AM   #468
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genie80 View Post
After a UD My UK16 work trousers fastened without me having to breathe in first!
Long way to go until I'll be saying that about UK14 trousers but I'm definitly on the right track now

Very nice, Gina! Congrats!!!

I'm a couple down from yesterday, still a couple up from my low. The only thing I really managed to change yesterday was more water. I did sneak in an extra walk yesterday, but I don't think I"ll be walking today, but will continue with the extra water.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:22 AM   #469
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
You guys are doing so well!

Lynne~ I was horrified to read about your neighbors reaction to Gavin gone missing! W.T.F.!!!!!!!!!! Ugh, yep, you found out the easy way and I do not blame you for not wanting to be around them now. Hhhmmpph!

Monica~ enjoy the editing of Lynne's book!

I'm plodding along... actually seeing daylight now. This week I've not been "on a plan" per se..just trying to log my food and find my accountability again.. also, cutting out and cutting back some things that have worked their way back into my daily routine...like soda! Next week the goal is to get back to JUDDD'ing and see what happens. I also want to attempt at least 2 days of working out before weeks end... I'd say more, but c'mon, let's be real shall we?

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:01 PM   #470

Tami - More water is good if you don't get in enough.

Gina - Way to go on the pants girl!

Danielle - sounds like you are adjusting slowly and I think that is good. No need to shock your system with anything too drastic too quickly.

I am back from the hospital. Sister is doing as well as can be expected. She has a history of dependence on pain meds and I fear she is starting the pattern all over again. SHe and I would be chatting, the nurse would walk in, ask pain level and she would say 10. See, for me, if I am not SCREAMING for mercy, I aint' at no 10 pain level. My sister and I, we tend to be polar opposites. Hopefully they keep a close tab on the pain meds and proceed with caution. Great to be home!
Old 05-16-2013, 12:02 PM   #471

and by HOME I mean at work!
Old 05-17-2013, 07:02 AM   #472
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I panic enough when I lose one of my cats for an hour or so. They don't go out so if I can't find them or they don't 'appear' when the food is rattle I have a total fit and run round the house like a woman posessed! Can't imagine how it would feel to 'lose' kids for a while.. I'm not a parent, never will be but more than content being a 'kittymom' x

Animals are just like kids to me, I do the same when I cant find the dog
Old 05-17-2013, 07:02 AM   #473

Happy FRIDAY all! Hope it is a GREAT DAY!!!!!!!
Old 05-17-2013, 07:03 AM   #474
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
This is always a great feeling it wont be long and you will be onto the next lower size.
Old 05-17-2013, 07:03 AM   #475
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
You guys are doing so well!

Lynne~ I was horrified to read about your neighbors reaction to Gavin gone missing! W.T.F.!!!!!!!!!! Ugh, yep, you found out the easy way and I do not blame you for not wanting to be around them now. Hhhmmpph!

Monica~ enjoy the editing of Lynne's book!

I'm plodding along... actually seeing daylight now. This week I've not been "on a plan" per se..just trying to log my food and find my accountability again.. also, cutting out and cutting back some things that have worked their way back into my daily routine...like soda! Next week the goal is to get back to JUDDD'ing and see what happens. I also want to attempt at least 2 days of working out before weeks end... I'd say more, but c'mon, let's be real shall we?
We have missed you Danielle glad to see you back..take it one day at a time!!
Old 05-17-2013, 07:07 AM   #476
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Tami - More water is good if you don't get in enough.

Gina - Way to go on the pants girl!

Danielle - sounds like you are adjusting slowly and I think that is good. No need to shock your system with anything too drastic too quickly.

I am back from the hospital. Sister is doing as well as can be expected. She has a history of dependence on pain meds and I fear she is starting the pattern all over again. SHe and I would be chatting, the nurse would walk in, ask pain level and she would say 10. See, for me, if I am not SCREAMING for mercy, I aint' at no 10 pain level. My sister and I, we tend to be polar opposites. Hopefully they keep a close tab on the pain meds and proceed with caution. Great to be home!
Praying that dependence doesn't creep up on her again. I have a brother with the same issues. They are evil little things and can ruin peoples lives. I am right there with you if I am not about to pass out from the pain chances are I wont take something for it.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:48 AM   #477
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Praying that dependence doesn't creep up on her again. I have a brother with the same issues. They are evil little things and can ruin peoples lives. I am right there with you if I am not about to pass out from the pain chances are I wont take something for it.
I also have folks with issues like this in my family, and I am another one who won't use even reasonable amounts of medication if I can possibly avoid it.

The pharmaceutical companies must HATE people like us.

Monica, I'm glad it's Friday, you've certainly earned it this week!!

I know you'll be a terrific editor; I'm looking forward to it too! Writing is such a lonely sport!!

Gina, congratulations on that pants size!! 14 will be here before you know it.

Danielle, you're doing great, too. The hardest thing any of us do is getting back in the saddle, I think, but we all gotta do it some time or another!

Hope my butt doesn't get too big for my saddle in the meantime.

Gavin is home from school today, so I must go keep an eye on him. We don't want him going walkabout again today!!

Happy Friday -
Lynne
Old 05-17-2013, 11:58 AM   #478

Quote:
Monica, I'm glad it's Friday, you've certainly earned it this week!!

I know you'll be a terrific editor; I'm looking forward to it too! Writing is such a lonely sport!!
I'll leave the writing to you. ME, READING is the sport!
Old 05-17-2013, 11:58 AM   #479

Lynne when does summer break start for him? Is that what the Person was supposed to help with you were looking to hire?
Old 05-17-2013, 12:40 PM   #480
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Lynne when does summer break start for him? Is that what the Person was supposed to help with you were looking to hire?
Mid-June, and no not just for summer. I have respite care paid by the state, 20 hours a month if I can find someone. That part hasn't been easy.