Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2013, 07:52 AM   #391
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/173/120
WOE: JUDDD
Good morning ladies!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
That is a tough situation girl . Is there any other money source you can go to to help your immediate need? Any other way to save the car? I ask because this would be extra money that your weren't planning on before the book came out, right? We call that gravy money at my house , money we aren't expecting .
In a way, yes. I have other income, but it's not enough - at the moment - to rescue the car or to support it with insurance, gas, repairs, etc.

It IS enough to live on, though, and much more comfortably (if not lavishly) without the burden of the car.

I think I will use the opportunity that my other income gives me, a luxury that other writers and artists might not have, in order to pursue justice for all of us. Somebody's got to do it. It's not just about the money, and it's not just about me.

Is there a "knight riding off to the crusades" icon somewhere?? Or a "Don Quixote tilting at windmills" emoticon, maybe? I need that. We'll fight on!! Thanks everyone for helping me think about that. It really helped.

Monica, one more day with the boss. Hang in there! This week, Tuesday is practically like Friday.

Your son is doing so well, too. It's good to be young and male if you're going to do ANY plan, right?? Not that I'm green with envy or anything.

Liz, 25 pounds!! I'm a little late to the party, sorry about that, but I had to shout out!!

25 pounds in two months is a lot for your poor little body to adjust to. It might take a breather here at this point; mine did. I continued to do all the right things, but didn't lose any weight for a while until my system was good and ready to continue. It's frustrating when you're sitting at a milestone and your body refuses to cooperate!!

Danielle could definitely relate to your thing with the scale. Where is she??

Tami, your evening out playing darts with the hubs sounds like so much fun! Vodka and mio, great idea!

How's the doggie doing?

Gina, what is this "bank holiday" thing, and how do I get one? I think your rotations are so smart; working with your life so you can stick with it is what works in the long run, right? Rock on!

Me... Gavin is home sick AGAIN, some elementary school crud. Poor kid. It's not serious, it will pass, but he can't go to school today.

Tomorrow he rides the school bus to school for the first time (provided he is all better, that is). I'm trying not to be too traumatized by it. HE'S fine, I'm freaking out. The bus people have been lovely, and they're even going to drive by the house today for a walk-through to calm my nerves. Wish me luck!

I'm off to start my day, Gavin's wanting his sausages.

Happy Tuesday!!

Lynne

500/2000 until the end of the challenge with NO TWEAKS.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2013, 08:36 AM   #392
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lize636
Stats: 225/172/155
WOE: LC
Start Date: Nov 2009, restart March 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynne2u View Post
Good morning ladies!!

In a way, yes. I have other income, but it's not enough - at the moment - to rescue the car or to support it with insurance, gas, repairs, etc.

It IS enough to live on, though, and much more comfortably (if not lavishly) without the burden of the car.

I think I will use the opportunity that my other income gives me, a luxury that other writers and artists might not have, in order to pursue justice for all of us. Somebody's got to do it. It's not just about the money, and it's not just about me.

Is there a "knight riding off to the crusades" icon somewhere?? Or a "Don Quixote tilting at windmills" emoticon, maybe? I need that. We'll fight on!! Thanks everyone for helping me think about that. It really helped.

Monica, one more day with the boss. Hang in there! This week, Tuesday is practically like Friday.

Your son is doing so well, too. It's good to be young and male if you're going to do ANY plan, right?? Not that I'm green with envy or anything.

Liz, 25 pounds!! I'm a little late to the party, sorry about that, but I had to shout out!!

25 pounds in two months is a lot for your poor little body to adjust to. It might take a breather here at this point; mine did. I continued to do all the right things, but didn't lose any weight for a while until my system was good and ready to continue. It's frustrating when you're sitting at a milestone and your body refuses to cooperate!!

Danielle could definitely relate to your thing with the scale. Where is she??

Tami, your evening out playing darts with the hubs sounds like so much fun! Vodka and mio, great idea!

How's the doggie doing?

Gina, what is this "bank holiday" thing, and how do I get one? I think your rotations are so smart; working with your life so you can stick with it is what works in the long run, right? Rock on!

Me... Gavin is home sick AGAIN, some elementary school crud. Poor kid. It's not serious, it will pass, but he can't go to school today.

Tomorrow he rides the school bus to school for the first time (provided he is all better, that is). I'm trying not to be too traumatized by it. HE'S fine, I'm freaking out. The bus people have been lovely, and they're even going to drive by the house today for a walk-through to calm my nerves. Wish me luck!

I'm off to start my day, Gavin's wanting his sausages.

Happy Tuesday!!

Lynne
Thanks Lynne you are right the weigh has come off fast. I need to learn patience If anyone has some to spare please send it my way.

Sorry to hear Gavin is sick ...hope he is feeling better soon. As for the bus ride I can understand you being nervous its a huge step. Have faith he will do great and it will get a little easier each time.
Lize636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:51 AM   #393
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Liz, thank you for the prayers & good thoughts for the pup. So far he seems 'ok'. He's not wanting to eat, but he goes through periods like that, so who knows. Everything's coming out the other end ok and that's what we were told to watch for as a first warning sign. How are the kiddos now? Sick kids are no fun at all! Hope they're better!

Monica, easy easy drink to have while out. I asked hubs about bringing the Mio in with me and he said one of his friends does the same. No one batted an eye.

Lynne, so glad you reached a decision on the publisher front. I know my stress level always goes WAY down once I figure out exactly what it is I want to do. Hope everything else falls in place financially. Money woes are the worst and I'm sorry you're having to deal with it at all! (Not sure if it's avoidable, though - if someone knows a way please share. lol) Hope Gavin's feeling better for his big bus ride tomorrow! I bet he's sooo excited! It's awesome that the bus driver et. all are doing all they can to calm your mommy nerves. Please let us know how it goes!

Scale said 188 this morning, so that was nice. Other than that I'm just a stress case (as usual?) over the dog, but it'll all be ok. It is what it is and I can't change it, but it's still hard to let go of that fear and worry.
misscobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:26 AM   #394
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by misscobi View Post
Liz, thank you for the prayers & good thoughts for the pup. So far he seems 'ok'. He's not wanting to eat, but he goes through periods like that, so who knows. Everything's coming out the other end ok and that's what we were told to watch for as a first warning sign. How are the kiddos now? Sick kids are no fun at all! Hope they're better!

Scale said 188 this morning, so that was nice. Other than that I'm just a stress case (as usual?) over the dog, but it'll all be ok. It is what it is and I can't change it, but it's still hard to let go of that fear and worry.
Tami- Kids are getting a little better each day. This weather here doesn't help. One day its hot the next day its cold and raining. I wish the weather would make up its mind

I think worry and fear is normal....that's what any good mom would do, your pup is lucky to have you! Hang in there
Old 05-07-2013, 11:36 AM   #395
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
Lynne - if you can hold out, you WILL truly be a HERO to all writers. Especially those that will come in contact with these LOSERS in the future. I am so PROUD of you! NOW SCREW THEM FOR ALL YOU CAN GET!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU GO GIRL!!! I am sorry Gavin is sick. I am sure you are stressed about him on the bus. he will do great, THEY always do better than we parents do!

Tami give the doggie a HUG from me!!

Liz - do what I did at first. I weighed backwards and just had DH chart the numbers for me!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rt-2-a-13.html
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 01:46 PM   #396
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Lynne - if you can hold out, you WILL truly be a HERO to all writers. Especially those that will come in contact with these LOSERS in the future. I am so PROUD of you! NOW SCREW THEM FOR ALL YOU CAN GET!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU GO GIRL!!! I am sorry Gavin is sick. I am sure you are stressed about him on the bus. he will do great, THEY always do better than we parents do!

Tami give the doggie a HUG from me!!

Liz - do what I did at first. I weighed backwards and just had DH chart the numbers for me!
Monica- My hubby doesn't even know what I weigh.....I am to chicken to let him or anyone else see that number!!
Old 05-08-2013, 05:48 AM   #397

OK then that won't work, just don't let the number get you down.

Yesterday's DD was not stellar. Not horrible, but not perfect either. Dusting off for a on plan Up day!
Old 05-08-2013, 06:08 AM   #398
Senior LCF Member

Drum roll please................ I am in ONEderland!!!!!!

As you can tell I did not hide the scale as I was suppose to!! But I was very happy to see a 1.2lb drop this morning!!! It's pretty sad when you don't even think when you get up you just get on the scale out of habit.
Old 05-08-2013, 06:11 AM   #399
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
OK then that won't work, just don't let the number get you down.

Yesterday's DD was not stellar. Not horrible, but not perfect either. Dusting off for a on plan Up day!
You have inspired me to want to let him see the numbers..... I haven't yet but I am working on it! He loves me no matter what and I know that but I have always been so ashamed of the number. I am trying to tell myself it is only a number.

Here is to a great on plan up day! I know you can do it.
Old 05-08-2013, 10:43 AM   #400
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Genie80
WOE: Slimming World
Start Date: Re-start 09.18.13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lize636 View Post
Drum roll please................ I am in ONEderland!!!!!!

As you can tell I did not hide the scale as I was suppose to!! But I was very happy to see a 1.2lb drop this morning!!! It's pretty sad when you don't even think when you get up you just get on the scale out of habit.
Well done you Fantastic news x
Genie80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:45 AM   #401
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/173/120
Good morning everyone!!

Monica, I AM going to go after these losers and make them SORRY.

My attorney said yesterday he is ready to do it, he's doing preliminary research already, and we are waiting for the TX numbers from the copyright office so we can file. Those should be available by the end of May at the latest.

Thank you everyone for your encouragement!

Liz, onederland!! WTG!!

I hear you on being ashamed of the high numbers, that's me too. Now I wish I'd told more people how much I *really* weighed, because they don't believe me now. They look at me and say, sure, you're a little chubby, but you don't know what it's like to be really overweight. I say I used to weigh 276 pounds, and they say BS. Oh well.

All that to say: it's something to be proud of. The shame of today is the pride of tomorrow.

Tami, you are so right about the stress level of uncertainty. Now that I've made up my mind, it feels like an adventure - not a hardship.

Gavin rode the bus to school today with some excitement. They came right to our door and picked him up. His friend Cade was on the bus already.

The bus driver said, You'll see - it really frees up your time. So far she's right!

I'm doing a very good DD today so far (but the day is still young ). I'd like to get back to the place where I'm fasting completely (except for coffee, of course. Heaven forbid.) on every DD - that would feel like a real victory!!

Remember toxic Mom?

She had been more respectful lately, but this week she had a relapse into bad behavior. She forgets whose son Gavin is from time to time, and not in a good way.

I pondered it a bit and then just laid out my expectations of her behavior where Gavin is concerned (ask me first, I'm his mother). Yay me!!

The weather has finally cooled off here; Margaritaville Oregon has been COOKING lately.

Happy Wednesday all!!

Lynne
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:47 AM   #402
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynne2u View Post
The weather has finally cooled off here; Margaritaville Oregon has been COOKING lately.

Happy Wednesday all!!

Lynne
Oooh my Dad lives in Oregon... In Prineville xx
Old 05-08-2013, 11:31 AM   #403

Liz, it IS just a number and that number doesn't DEFINE you. Don't let it have control over your life. That being said, how exciting to be in ONEderland!

Lynne - I am so proud of you and of GAVIN. I bet he felt like such a BIG boy on the bus with his friend! OH my heart is rejoicing just thinking about it! Also glad you put your Mom in place. Sometimes that is hard to do!

Gina - how goes it girl???
Old 05-08-2013, 11:33 AM   #404

I hope everything is ok with Danielle!!!!!!!!
Old 05-08-2013, 03:12 PM   #405
Senior LCF Member

All is good, down another 1.4lbs

Very worrying about Danielle x
Old 05-09-2013, 05:40 AM   #406
Senior LCF Member

Lynne- Thanks I will keep that in mind. Enjoy your free time while Gavin is on the bus you deserve it. As for toxic mom I am glad you are able to stand up to her. It takes a lot to do that so good for you!!

Monica- ONEderland is great so glad I could join you!!

Gina- Congrats on the 1.4lb loss!! keep it up
Old 05-09-2013, 06:04 AM   #407

Liz - how are the kids feeling? Colds pass?

Gina - you are doing great. Keep it up!

Yesterday was a good up day....till after all calories were gone, I needed chocolate. So I ate a Atkins protein bar. I could have done worse. SUCH IS!

It's FRIDAY -EVE all!!!!!!!!!! Bring on the weekend. Do I wish my life away or what? What are everyone's plans??? Mother's Day weekend and all???
Old 05-09-2013, 07:22 AM   #408
Senior LCF Member

Monica - The kids are doing better thanks for asking...the cough is still lingering around but other than that the are much better.

You are right you could have done way worse, as for mothers day I plan to get out and plant a garden this year. I have never planted one before and I really want to so I told the hubs that's what I wanted to do Sunday. I want to plant just a small garden of cucumbers, zucchini, squash, tomatoes, and cantaloupe. I am also going to go out to have crabs with my sister and family .... I love Maryland Crabs if you ladies haven't had them (and you like seafood) you are truly missing out.

What are your plans Monica??

Slimmer by Summer Challenge 225/190/?
Awesome by Autumn Challenge 193/176/180
Sexier for Santa 176/174/164
Spring Fling 185/172/165
Old 05-09-2013, 11:34 AM   #409

Liz that sounds perfect. I think DH might plant one this year. DD11 told us she didn't want her swingset anymore **sigh** so he is selling this on Craig's list. Already has 2 people interested in it. I bet he plants one there or such after it's gone.

Saturday I will be with DD11 for 4 softball games and DH will be with DS14 on a church youth retreat. DIVIDE and CONQUER is what we call it!

Sunday we will do church/ss and then meet up with my family. DH asked what I wanted to do, I told him, surprise me with something different for breakfast with us all sitting and eating together. That rarely happens for breakfast. Mom wants to go to the mall food court. We won't be able to meet until 2:00 due to their church stuff. She wants to eat quick and then shop till we drop. I told her, YOUR Choice. I got her a pandora charm bracelet (that is what the kids got me too...I dont' know the charms I am getting). Not sure why I never bought her one. She will love it AND we can continue buying her charms. I think I want to pick her up a hanging flower basket too!
Old 05-09-2013, 11:35 AM   #410

This mall also has a YOGURTINI (FROYO) that we all love. I am sure there will be a LARGE vat of that for the eating for each of us too!!!!!!!!
Old 05-09-2013, 11:42 AM   #411

Remember DH's birthday party where we did the glass projects? HEre is the result

I did the L, DD11 did the O, DS14 did the V, DH did the E.

Use your imagination. You place the bits of broken glass on a sheet of glass then they melt it all together for you!
Old 05-09-2013, 11:55 AM   #412
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
This mall also has a YOGURTINI (FROYO) that we all love. I am sure there will be a LARGE vat of that for the eating for each of us too!!!!!!!!
I may cheat this weekend. Haven't made up my mind yet. We have a place called Sweet Frogs I am dying to try its frozen yogurt I might have to give it a try!!!
Old 05-09-2013, 11:58 AM   #413
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Liz that sounds perfect. I think DH might plant one this year. DD11 told us she didn't want her swingset anymore **sigh** so he is selling this on Craig's list. Already has 2 people interested in it. I bet he plants one there or such after it's gone.

Saturday I will be with DD11 for 4 softball games and DH will be with DS14 on a church youth retreat. DIVIDE and CONQUER is what we call it!

Sunday we will do church/ss and then meet up with my family. DH asked what I wanted to do, I told him, surprise me with something different for breakfast with us all sitting and eating together. That rarely happens for breakfast. Mom wants to go to the mall food court. We won't be able to meet until 2:00 due to their church stuff. She wants to eat quick and then shop till we drop. I told her, YOUR Choice. I got her a pandora charm bracelet (that is what the kids got me too...I dont' know the charms I am getting). Not sure why I never bought her one. She will love it AND we can continue buying her charms. I think I want to pick her up a hanging flower basket too!

That sounds like a lot of fun!! Enjoy.

The glass project is really cute where did you get the idea from?
Old 05-09-2013, 01:48 PM   #414

He came up with the LOVE idea. I hate crafts of any kind, it was all DH's idea.

Most froyo places have sugar free options! HTH
Old 05-10-2013, 12:41 AM   #415
Senior LCF Member

That's fab Monica... I 'Love' crafts, I make silver jewellery, greetings cards, you name it I'll try my hand at it I've just found a pattern and instructions for a duck doorstop made from mismatched fabric and I'm going to try and adapt it to a cat version instead!

Anyway.... it's friday..... 2 UD's for me then back on track Sunday xx
Old 05-10-2013, 05:23 AM   #416
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
He came up with the LOVE idea. I hate crafts of any kind, it was all DH's idea.

Most froyo places have sugar free options! HTH
I will have to check it out. I hope I actually make it there over the weekend.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:48 AM   #417

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genie80 View Post
That's fab Monica... I 'Love' crafts, I make silver jewellery, greetings cards, you name it I'll try my hand at it I've just found a pattern and instructions for a duck doorstop made from mismatched fabric and I'm going to try and adapt it to a cat version instead!

Anyway.... it's friday..... 2 UD's for me then back on track Sunday xx
I am NOT Crafty. When GOD was handing that out, he totally SKIPPED right over me. BOth of my children are good with art. They draw, paint, ceramics, you name it! I guess the LITTLE bit of craftyness DH has was enough to send down to them! ME, it was not at all from.

Last Friday we went to the Ceramics place. DH did a glass project, DD11 did 2 cermics projects , ME I read the entire 1 1/2 hours we were there! DORK is what I am!
Old 05-10-2013, 06:50 AM   #418

Liz let us know. I love FROYO. We love it so much we actually looked into buying into a franchise and setting up a shop in the town my parents live. We gathered all the info and stopped JUST SHORT of giving them our financial info to see if it would go!
Old 05-10-2013, 06:50 AM   #419
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I read the entire 1 1/2 hours we were there! DORK is what I am!
Oh I have to admit... I luuuuurve reading
I'm hunting on ebay at the moment for a nice chair to go in our bedroom so I can have a 'reading corner' for when Wayne is 'attached' to the xbox xx
Old 05-10-2013, 06:51 AM   #420

It's FRIDAY GIRLS!

Danielle has been missing a long time. HORRIBLY worried about her!

Weekend is almost here. So close I can almost TASTE IT! It's Girls night tonight. Looking forward to it. Hoping for a decent movie! Sometimes the girl only wants to watch PITCH PERFECT. Great movie, the first 3 times....Fat AMY makes me laugh, but 3 times is enough!