Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2013, 10:26 AM   #331
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/207/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet/JUDDD/no sugar
Good morning!!

Monica, my favorite DD meal is raw coleslaw and chicken breast or tuna with a low-calorie dressing. I put it on low-carb, low-calorie tortillas, and I can vary the seasoning to give the dish different themes.

I do DDs a little differently from you - I fast almost all day (except for coffee/cream) and then eat all my calories for dinner. I don't have the same blood sugar issues that you do, so my mad methods probably won't suit you.

Or the other thing that works for me is to use shakes later in the day. But fasting is really my "go to" tool. Once I start eating, I need to be full.

I love the Betsy Ross photo!!

Tami!! Welcome back!! Congratulations on losing weight while you were gone, too - how cool is that??

Danielle, I love it when the math errors work out in my favor.

Gina, I want to second what my fellow JUDDDers said already and add that you can expect to wobble around for a while trying to find your sweet spot on JUDDD. If you're prepared for a trial and error period, it won't freak you out so much when it happens.

Also, it may take a while before the weight loss kicks in, like a month, but it's actually working under the surface. I didn't lose a thing for a month, no pounds and no inches, but the camera showed a completely different person!! It was so weird.

How cool that we're all on the same rotation! Sisterhood!!

Me... I'm taking it easy on my DDs to be kind to myself, but still keeping to my rotations. Gavin was up sick last night (allergies, I suspect) and he needed me to hold him for an hour or so. He seems fine today.

Onward ho! No news from the publisher lately.

Happy Friday!!

Lynne

Carbohydrate Addict's Diet. Hopefully.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2013, 10:45 AM   #332
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Start Date: 8/22/14
Oh those pesky boys and their nights out! Gina, I hope he gets the "hint"

Lynne, yeah I was pretty happy to see the pound...it was only .2 more but something about a *whole* sounds better than a "part".. That's just my kooky brain talkin!

I like what you wrote to Gina about the pictures showing you a whole different perspective despite the lack of weight loss.. Somewhere, somehow *I* lost site of this part even after doing a side by side comparison shot after I'd started JUDDD. I need to go dig that out and look at it and REMEMBER it! And then do another one in a couple months!

I'm sorry Gavin had the oogies! Hoping he's a-okay and raring to go!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:15 AM   #333
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Lynne - glad Gavin seems good today! You are right, I can't fast all day, it makes me a not nice person! Well, meaner than normal!

Gina - tell him to go out tomorrow with his friend! GRRRR MEN!

D - Laid back weekend for you ? I love shopping.

Tonight we are having a friend over and we are having pizza. I am excited. Tomorow is softball from 8:15 - 3:30, if today's rain doesn't ruin that. Hoping they don't have to delay games or something like that. Sunday more softball then meeting with the family to celebrate my Dad's birthday (tomorrow he will be 68) and Dennis'! Not sure what other trouble will happen this weekend, with me, WHO KNOWES!!!

Thanks for the Betsy Ross comments, she had a ball!

Monica -Come see my journey!
zipp2play is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:36 AM   #334
Blabbermouth!!!

Of course I say laid back weekend now .... the fact that I will be in a mall...with DD... this could spell t-r-o-u-b-l-e The 2 of us together spending money is lethal sometimes! When I told hubby I was taking her he only just kinda grunted...see, he KNOWS!
Old 04-26-2013, 12:46 PM   #335
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Kinda skimmed through the last few posts, still crazy playing catch up here... sorry if I missed anything important

Monica, cutest Betsy Ross ever! Great costume!

Lynne, glad Gavin's feeling better! It's so tough when our kiddos are sick. I'm sure you're dragging today, too. Sorry there's still no resolution on the publishing front. Grrr.

Welcome Genie! Sorry I've been MIA since you joined! Good luck with your future JUDD rotations! Sounds like I'm the lone non-JUDDer. I do low carb combined with Fast 5. It's still not as fast as I would like, but is working and is easy for me, so will stick with what I know

And now what you've all been waiting for:

Kellan on his birthday

Kellan with Aunt Tami

Kellan with me again

And a week old, today - isn't he the cutest???
Old 04-26-2013, 01:06 PM   #336
Blabbermouth!!!

Absolutely precious!!!!!! Love the pic where he has his hands folded..
Old 04-27-2013, 04:56 AM   #337

Tami - he IS the cutest baby EVER!!! Such a lucky little boy. You aren't the only non JUDDD, Liz is a low carber and you so the 5 hour window, or do you not? Whatever you are doing it is working , so keep it up!!

D - have fun shopping and don't spend too much
Old 04-27-2013, 07:10 AM   #338
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks for the baby & weight loss compliments girls! Man I love that baby!

Monica, I do do the 5 hour window, combined with low carb.

Hope you all have a fabulous weekend! Have fun Shopping, Danielle! I'm off to watch giant doggies prance around on the grass all day This show is at an amazing venue in a vineyard. Definitely one of my very favorite shows and close to home. My guy isn't entered, because I wasn't sure if I'd be back in town or not, so I get to go solo and just relax... oh, I'll probably help others a bit, but it's still not the same as having your own to look after, keep cool, prep for the ring, etc. Should be fun!
misscobi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:07 AM   #339

OH I bet that is an awesome show. I hope you enjoyed your day!!!!!!

Our softball games ended up getting completely cancelled due to rain. We had all day Saturday to do whatever we wanted. We got some shopping done. DH took a nap. DD11 had a friend over all day. DS14 hung out all evening at his girl friends house making dinner / dessert with her for her family. I started watching the Netflix original series House of Cards (LOVE IT). We took DD11 and her friend out to dinner then a pedicures. My DD on Saturday wasn't the lowest, but the dinner and fun were worth it. Yesterday we surprised my parents by showing up at their church (they live 2 hours away) and spending all day with them celebrating my Dad's birthday. We grilled steaks, ate a ton of strawberries and enjoyed the day!
Old 04-29-2013, 06:36 AM   #340
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
OH I bet that is an awesome show. I hope you enjoyed your day!!!!!!
Thanks Monica! It really was a very nice day. Good friends had some really nice wins, weather was awesome, and yeah, the grounds are just incredible, not to mention the dogs. Here are a few of my friends (ok, maybe we really are crazy dog people! lol) with a local reporter early Saturday morning before the show: The Great Dane Show « Good Day Sacramento Btw, Kate who does most of the talking has gone from about 210 pounds to her tiny little 135ish pound self over the last year. She's never been that little and is having a blast with it. I'm so proud of her and so happy for her!

Quote:
Our softball games ended up getting completely cancelled due to rain. We had all day Saturday to do whatever we wanted. We got some shopping done. DH took a nap. DD11 had a friend over all day. DS14 hung out all evening at his girl friends house making dinner / dessert with her for her family. I started watching the Netflix original series House of Cards (LOVE IT). We took DD11 and her friend out to dinner then a pedicures. My DD on Saturday wasn't the lowest, but the dinner and fun were worth it. Yesterday we surprised my parents by showing up at their church (they live 2 hours away) and spending all day with them celebrating my Dad's birthday. We grilled steaks, ate a ton of strawberries and enjoyed the day!
What a fabulous weekend! I bet your parents were thrilled to have you there. What a nice birthday surprise!
Old 04-29-2013, 09:15 AM   #341
Blabbermouth!!!

Tami~ absolutely love those dogs!!! Beautiful!

Monica~ what a great weekend you had! Are there any "chain" specific places that you go out to eat that allows you to actually eat and not worry about the gluten thing?
---------------

Well, my first DD on Saturday ended in total bust. I dunno what the hell was wrong with me but I could not stay out of the kitchen...just starving all day long and I could not find any one thing specifically to satisfy hunger. So, I'm at it again today with a DD and crossing my fingers I can actually BEHAVE!

I lucked out and didn't have to go shopping with the kiddo...she went with a friend. Just as well, she had way more fun, I'm sure! She ended up with some cute stuff and she was happy.

I really think I'm gonna have to go get my hormones checked. I cannot seem to shake this lethargy and ick feeling no matter what I do. Not to mention all the other miles of symptoms I have.. ......It makes for verrrry long days and I hate feeling so unproductive.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:24 AM   #342
Major LCF Poster!

Danielle, sorry you're feeling icky I hate that lethargy feeling I had a starving day yesterday and pretty much ate all afternoon/evening. Scale wasn't kind this morning either. I'm sitting a couple pounds over last week's low, which just isn't fair. That was after several days of cheating. Grrr. Hopefully our bodies will cooperate & get with the program! Good luck with today's DD!

p.s. yeah, the dogs are pretty awesome. Thanks I love my big boy. The black and white dog, Major, at the end sniffing the reporter reminded me so much of my guy. Too sweet.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:16 AM   #343

Quote:
Monica~ what a great weekend you had! Are there any "chain" specific places that you go out to eat that allows you to actually eat and not worry about the gluten thing?
A bunch of the big chain places have Allergen menus online. Mexican is my go to as you can always get corn tortilla based items. We even has some local places that have Gluten Free menus. Minsky's pizza has a gluten free pizza, that is awesome, but expensive. We also have a local Pizza place in KC that makes gluten free pizza and sandwiches. Again, really good, but expensive! If we are eating pizza, we typically make it at home. Much less expensive.

D have you had your thyroid checks? Sluggish and such can mean hypo-thyroid condition.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:17 AM   #344

Tami - cute link girl. Those BIG dogs are just too cute.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:25 AM   #345

Good morning all! Hope everyone is having a GREAT Tuesday!
Old 04-30-2013, 06:37 AM   #346
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning girls

Glad you liked the doggies, Monica. They're pretty special.

Well, I had day two of simply starving all day. I broke my fast early... like 11:30 am when I don't usually eat til after 5pm. Sigh. The scale moved up again, too. Obviously related. Just not sure how or why. Going to stick to a strict fast today even if it kills me. lol I am NOT ok with the scale climbing upward!!! Ugh. Going to walk today, too... already have my tennies on
Old 04-30-2013, 06:53 AM   #347
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lize636
Stats: 225/186/155
WOE: LC
Start Date: Nov 2009, restart March 2013
Sorry everyone I am back!!! My DH Grandfather passed away last Tuesday and the funeral was yesterday. Things have been hectic all week. But I managed to stay on plan through it all. That's what I love about this diet is no matter what I can always find something to eat. There were times when I wanted to cave in and just eat junk but I am so close to ONEderland that I cant let my self cheat. We took the new camper out for the first time this weekend. It was so nice to get away from all the stress for a little while! I love camping and so does the kids. Hope everyone had a great weekend

Tami- The baby is so cute!! Congrats there is nothing better than being an aunt. Great job losing while you were away!

Gina- I am excited to see how your JUDDD journey goes, keep us all posted.

Monica- I love the pic of your DD did you guys make the costume?

Danielle - Good luck on JUDDD, you can do anything you put your mind to. Hope you can get the yuckieness that has been looming around in check. I know that has to make it hard to stick to any plan

Lynn - You were right about the 3lbs and why it was hanging around!! I have also noticed I tend to bounce up a lbs or two in the beginning of the week and then by weds or so I come back down below where I started. I am trying not to let it get to me!!

Lize636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:08 AM   #348
Major LCF Poster!

Liz, I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of DH's Grandfather. Grandpas are really special people Glad you got to escape for a little bit and take the camper out. Kudos for staying on track through all of the stress. You are sooo close to onederland! Come on in! It's kind of nice in here
Old 04-30-2013, 11:23 AM   #349

Quote:
Monica- I love the pic of your DD did you guys make the costume?
Funny story. I made that dress when I was 14 in 4-H. In my entire LIFE I have made 2 dresses and I have them both. For DD11, if she needs an OLD TIME Dress, those are the ones she wants. Betsey Ross, right? I told her, Betsey Ross makes me look young. My clothes aren't from her time, she told me....CLOSE ENOUGH MOM! REALLY?????
Old 04-30-2013, 11:24 AM   #350

Liz - I am so sorry for your families loss. He is truly in a place where there is no pain and suffering.
Old 04-30-2013, 12:29 PM   #351
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Funny story. I made that dress when I was 14 in 4-H. In my entire LIFE I have made 2 dresses and I have them both. For DD11, if she needs an OLD TIME Dress, those are the ones she wants. Betsey Ross, right? I told her, Betsey Ross makes me look young. My clothes aren't from her time, she told me....CLOSE ENOUGH MOM! REALLY?????
lol kids!!
Old 04-30-2013, 12:30 PM   #352
Senior LCF Member

Tami and Monica - I totally agree he is in a much better place and now they all have an angel to watch over them. Thanks for the kind words
Old 05-01-2013, 06:24 AM   #353

It's HUMP day girls!!!!!!! almost 1/2 way through the week. Yesterday was a CRAP day at work. Tons of fires and never really a solution for any of them. To boot, I had to work 3 hours at home to get CHIT done that I didn't get to during the day...UGH!!!! It was an up day and my evening had snickers egg, wine, chips, toast and egg. Did I mention CHIPS??? Way too many of those, way too many! I also had a headache all day. Today feeling much better!
Old 05-01-2013, 07:49 AM   #354
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lize636 View Post
Tami and Monica - I totally agree he is in a much better place and now they all have an angel to watch over them. Thanks for the kind words

Quote:
It's HUMP day girls!!!!!!! almost 1/2 way through the week. Yesterday was a CRAP day at work. Tons of fires and never really a solution for any of them. To boot, I had to work 3 hours at home to get CHIT done that I didn't get to during the day...UGH!!!! It was an up day and my evening had snickers egg, wine, chips, toast and egg. Did I mention CHIPS??? Way too many of those, way too many! I also had a headache all day. Today feeling much better!
And more Sorry yesterday was so rough! Thank goodness it was an up day, huh? Hope today continues to be free of yesterday's chaos!

My scale is still reading right around 190. Not horrible, but I'd love to see that 188 again and really would love to be under 180 like now. lol I did get a nice 3 mile walk in. I'm actually getting a little color on my shoulders from walking in tank tops Today my workout will be mowing the lawn - little lawn, but old fashioned push mower - and hopefully will pick up a little more color... yeah, I know... I'm probably going to die of skin cancer, but my fat arms look so much better when they're not glowing white. lol
Old 05-01-2013, 11:36 AM   #355

Look at you getting in a nice long walk! Keep it up girl!!!!!! Tami, we all have to die from something!

Lynne - where are you girl??? I'm worried.

Danielle - You too??? Where are you????

Gina, come out come out where ever you are!!!!!!
Old 05-01-2013, 12:06 PM   #356
Senior LCF Member

Happy Hump Day!

Monica- I completely understand!! Today for lunch I had Chinese ugh.... I stayed away from the carbs but we all know how bad that stuff is and I know the scale will not be nice to me tomorrow. I dont know what my problem is!! Work stress I bet! Gotta blame it on something right???

Tami- Agreed tan always looks better then paste white! And I feel ya on the wanting to be there now!! I want to see ONEderland so bad, this bouncing up and down is enough to drive you crazy!! We will get there sooner or later.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:32 PM   #357
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/207/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet/JUDDD/no sugar
Good afternoon!!

Sorry I've been MIA, Monica. I'm here, I'm here! I've got a lot on my plate right now. Not in a good way, either.

Close enough, Mom! Makes you wonder, just how old do they think we are??

Tami, welcome back! Kellan is soooo adorable.

Liz, I'm so sorry for your family's loss. Your determination to stay on plan through it all has been awesome! WTG!!

I don't necessarily agree that Chinese food is bad for lc, as long as you stay away from carbs, like you said. There might be corn starch and msg in the sauce, but in the big picture, it's not that much. Mongolian beef? Moo Goo Gai Pan? Sounds good to me.

Danielle, I'm sorry you don't feel good again. Are you taking any probiotics? Not that it's any of my business, of course.

Me... sigh. I'm plugging along, and wish I had some good news to report. I'm tired of being the bringer of bummer/neutral news, I'm boring myself with it.

Hang in there, Lynne. Better times are coming.

Happy Wednesday!!

Lynne
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:01 PM   #358
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Monica... I know 3 miles may not seem like a lot to many people but for me it's a really decent walk! I use a walking app and I used to settle for 2 miles, then 2.5 and now I'm pushing for anything close to 3. Sunday's was 2.97 <gg> and yesterday's 3.10. The plan is for at least 3 walks a week. I was telling hubby, that yes, I want to be thin, but I also want to be able to *move* and at least feel like I can walk as long as I want to/need to.

Boy, Liz, now sure would be wonderful, wouldn't it? You're right, though, we will get there!

Lynne, so happy to see your smiling face You know, news is news. We can't always control whether it's happy or not. Please feel free to share whatever is going on in your life. Sorry you have so much on your plate. Wish I could take some of the burden off your shoulders - edited to add p.s. thanks for the compliment on Kellan. I can't tell you how much I miss that little bug! He's doing well, though. Still a great sleeper, no spitting up, still just as alert and active as ever

Last edited by misscobi; 05-01-2013 at 07:03 PM..
Old 05-02-2013, 01:40 AM   #359
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Genie80
WOE: Slimming World
Start Date: Re-start 09.18.13
Good Morning Ladies

Bright and Sunny again in Manchester... and it's actually warm!
Fingers crossed it will stay like this for Saturday

Liz - So, sorry to hear of your loss. Sending Love & hugs your way xx

Tami - Same here, my scales are bouncing around all over the place which is super frustrating but I've decided I'm going to start weighing every other Friday (when it's the morning of an UD) I've told Wayne he's better hide the scales between times so I don't have a sneaky peak!

Monica - I'm here!!!! Don't Panic!! I had a really good DD yesterday coming in at 620c and I didn't even wake up feeling hungry so all good. Very, very tired today as I don't usually work Wednesdays but agreed to do yesterday morning as a colleague is on holiday - Big mistake... walking round like a zombie today.

Danielle - Where are you? Hope you're ok and feeling better hunni!!

Will, who is the Sales Manager where I work has said he can see I'm losing weight in my face.... Wooop!!!! Happy Dance!!!

Have a lovely day xxx

Last edited by Genie80; 05-02-2013 at 01:42 AM.. Reason: I can't spell. Fact.
Genie80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:56 AM   #360

Quote:
Me... sigh. I'm plugging along, and wish I had some good news to report. I'm tired of being the bringer of bummer/neutral news, I'm boring myself with it.
Lynne please feel free to always come here and say WHATEVER, goodness knows, I always do!

Liz - you stayed away from the bad stuff, I'm sure you will be rewarded for that!

Gina - now that is a HUGE Compliment! How exciting! I am sure you are thrilled! Keep up the good work!

yesterday was a good DD for me. I came in right around 650c. Hoping for a good Up day here today! It's book club night. We are having mexican. So that will be fun! Hoping the next book they come up with will be better than the last one.