Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2013, 05:55 AM   #301
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
OH and yes, those cookies are NOT low carb at all!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2013, 06:05 AM   #302
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Genie80
WOE: Slimming World
Start Date: Re-start 09.18.13
I thought as much! lol!

I keep finding recipes for stuff like the miracle brownies etc,. which call for erythritol but it's either impossible to find in UK stores or stupid expensive - anyone know what can be used as an alternative?

Gina xxx
Genie80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:29 AM   #303
Senior LCF Member

I'm having a bit of a meltdown
A colleague is leaving today to have a baby so there was chocolate cake .... and I had chocolate cake!
Feel like total and utter sh*t now... pffffft x
Old 04-23-2013, 10:42 AM   #304

OH Gina, when these things happen, it is best to DUST the crumbs off and move forward. Don't let the mid-day slip cause a FULL ON DERAIL for the remainder of today or (heaven forbid) the rest of the week!

Stay the coarse girl!!!!!!!!
Old 04-23-2013, 12:10 PM   #305
Senior LCF Member

W is making dinner at the moment (I've been banned from the kitchen, I get in the way apparently!!) he's making steak & brocolli stir fry...

It's weird when you've not been eating carbs how when you have a bit of an overload you really feel it. I'm getting all the feelings right now that are what made me want to lose weight in the first place.... sooooo heavy!

Oh well... I will weigh in tomorrow morning and see what happens, we've just done this weeks grocery shopping (online to be delivered Thursday) so I will have good things to eat.

I want to lose another 5lbs by next Saturday when we go to the festival....
Going out for a meal this Saturday for a friend of W's. It's his gf's b'day and none of us have ever met her so it's kind of a right this is the gf we're official etc,. meal so gonna really have to have my choosey and careful head on when I go xxx
Old 04-23-2013, 12:14 PM   #306
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lize636
Stats: 225/186/155
WOE: LC
Start Date: Nov 2009, restart March 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genie80 View Post
I'm having a bit of a meltdown
A colleague is leaving today to have a baby so there was chocolate cake .... and I had chocolate cake!
Feel like total and utter sh*t now... pffffft x
Gina,

No worries, move on from the slip up. We all have them!! I thought for sure I was going to have one yesterday! I got on the scale and it went up 3lbs and I haven't a clue why I am hoping for a big whoosh sometime soon to make me feel better!!
Lize636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:16 PM   #307
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lize636 View Post
I got on the scale and it went up 3lbs and I haven't a clue why I am hoping for a big whoosh sometime soon to make me feel better!!
Awww hope you get the whoosh you need hun!

I have to say this forum makes it so much easier, I know I can have a bit of a rant and there's so many others who've been there, done that worn that size of T-shirt they don't want to have to admit too.

Thanks guys...

Gina xx
Old 04-24-2013, 06:01 AM   #308

Hoping this Wednesday is a great day for all! I wonder when Tami will return home?? Baby has to be here by now, right?

Yesterday was a good down day for me. Hoping to enjoy a stable controlled up day! So far, the plan seems good.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:29 AM   #309
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/210/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Quote:
I keep finding recipes for stuff like the miracle brownies etc,. which call for erythritol but it's either impossible to find in UK stores or stupid expensive - anyone know what can be used as an alternative?

Gina xxx
I was thinking xylitol, if that's available. Here's a UK site talking about available sweeteners that you might be interested in. (Hopefully ok with mod, it's not a sales site.)

I like that, Monica, "dust off the crumbs and move forward". I'm using that one.

It's sunny and warm here on the Oregon coast, too. Sorry about your snow there. It's the end of April, for heaven's sake!! Is there a weather complaint department?

I am enjoying a DD today, and I am happy to have some Atkins peanut butter granola bars that I got on sale. I get bored with my usual DD recipes, too. I will eat the same thing over and over again because it's EASY and I don't have to bother counting; but then one day I've just had enough of that and must move on to something else.

Danielle, how you doing today?

Liz, I wonder if your mysterious 3 lbs is...how to put this delicately...sitting inside your intestines? If so, then "this too shall pass".

Relax. We're females. Our weight fluctuates. The scale is too dim-witted to figure out why , but it all comes out in the wash eventually if you keep doing the right things, doesn't it?

Have a wonderful Wednesday, my friends!!

Lynne

Carbohydrate Addict's Diet. Hopefully.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:25 AM   #310

Lynne - what are some of your GO TO DD items? Me, I do veggies with an egg for breakfast 100c, cottage cheese 1/2 cup for 80c, I have a few soups I can eat (not many are GF), I do salads a lot with salsa as the dressing. I am getting close to HATING salad right now!

How's the BOOK coming girl??????
Old 04-24-2013, 11:28 AM   #311
Senior LCF Member

Ladies I'm considering changing to JUDDD.... x
Old 04-25-2013, 05:58 AM   #312

Gina, let us know what questions you have. Lynne and I follow JUDDD and Danielle used to! Do you know where the website is to calculate your calories for up and down days??

It's FRIDAY - EVE All!!! I have appointments after work. Hair and such. I won't get home till after 7:30! Oh well, it's a bunch of ME time! That part I will enjoy!
Old 04-25-2013, 06:06 AM   #313
Senior LCF Member

Yes I found it.... it comes up with 389 for my down days, do I still do 500 for the first 2 weeks?

I will stick to low carb until next weekend (we've already ordered our grocery shopping!) hmmm.... or maybe I can tailor it to suit me more!!!

I'm just finding my moods are all over the place at the moment and after reading about the health benefits for alternate day fasting for things like asthma & arthritis I'm kind of all for it xx
Old 04-25-2013, 08:12 AM   #314
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Hi guys! Long time no see! Baby arrived safe and sound Friday morning and is the most precious perfect baby ever (aren't they all? ) I got home last night & have lots of catching up to do, but will get you guys a pic of the little punkin. Good news is I'm down a few pounds to 188, despite several days of poor choices. I'm glad I was able to stick to plan for a week before derailing! Now back to chugging water and waiting to see what the scale bounce will do. Miss you guys & hope you're all doing well! Hugs!
Old 04-25-2013, 09:20 AM   #315
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Start Date: 8/22/14
Monica, thank God for Friday eve, this week has gone on forever!

Gina, totally going back to JUDDD myself. I love it. I am going to truly try to go the lower carb route with it and see if it doesn't help my losses more.. but I truly love the way those fasting days made me feel!

Tami, glad you're home safe & sound..can't wait to see pics of the new baby! Great job on the scale lady, traveling is always a killer for weight loss and you did awesome!!

Lynne, I can't buy those granola bars because I can't stay out of them!

Liz, how ya doing honey?
----------------

DH missed his flight home from TX yesterday and ended up having to stay the night and catch a 6am flight this morning... he is one tired puppy.. poor guy. I didn't sleep either, cause frankly, it's just weird when he's not here!

DD16 is feeling good today again and I'm praying for good things for her! I grow more convinced that gluten is her problem the more I read..I'm also thinking we definitely need to get her allergy tested because while I dunno that she has a milk allergy per se, I think cassein is a trigger for her somehow.. so much information out there and kinda scary how much they still don't know about gluten issues and the effects of them.. So far so good, a few days strung together of feeling good so that's all I care about!

Feeling alittle relieved about my decision to go back to JUDDD...the visit to the scale yesterday may have had something to do with that 234.4.. MEH! Now I just need to get my butt moving on the program and just do it already!!! October will be here before I know it and I so want to look & feel different before our little trip. Not to mention, I am in clothes that *actually* fit me now so there is no saggy-baggy for room to "grow"...if I continue to mess around they're not gonna fit me for long!

Have a great day gang, I've got loads to do today...all the stuff I've procrastinated about for the last few days.. the weather has gone to HOT so that kinda sucks rocks..I am not ready for 6 months of oven temps.

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell

Last edited by DesertGurl; 04-25-2013 at 09:21 AM..
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:23 AM   #316

Quote:
Yes I found it.... it comes up with 389 for my down days, do I still do 500 for the first 2 weeks?

I will stick to low carb until next weekend (we've already ordered our grocery shopping!) hmmm.... or maybe I can tailor it to suit me more!!!

I'm just finding my moods are all over the place at the moment and after reading about the health benefits for alternate day fasting for things like asthma & arthritis I'm kind of all for it xx
that is your choice. Heck, I started with DD's around 700-800 and have never gone below 500c because I just can't function if I go below that!
Old 04-25-2013, 09:23 AM   #317
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
the weather has gone to HOT so that kinda sucks rocks..I am not ready for 6 months of oven temps.
I'll trade you....
Wet, cold & miserable in Manchester today xx
Old 04-25-2013, 09:24 AM   #318

Quote:
Originally Posted by misscobi View Post
Hi guys! Long time no see! Baby arrived safe and sound Friday morning and is the most precious perfect baby ever (aren't they all? ) I got home last night & have lots of catching up to do, but will get you guys a pic of the little punkin. Good news is I'm down a few pounds to 188, despite several days of poor choices. I'm glad I was able to stick to plan for a week before derailing! Now back to chugging water and waiting to see what the scale bounce will do. Miss you guys & hope you're all doing well! Hugs!
You were gone over a week and managed to LOSE WEIGHT????? You are the QUEEN girl! way to go! Thrilled to have you back and can't wait to see pictures!
Old 04-25-2013, 09:26 AM   #319

Gina - when are you starting JUDDD?

D - when will you do rotations???
Old 04-25-2013, 09:26 AM   #320

Liz - how goes it girl?
Old 04-25-2013, 10:03 AM   #321
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm gonna start with a DD on Saturday.. we got "food functions" the next coupla days, not to mention I want to get my rotations in sync with DH's work schedule...luckily his work rotates on an every other day rolling 2 weeks too!
getting kinda excited to start again!
Old 04-25-2013, 10:49 AM   #322
Senior LCF Member

Gonna start on Saturday xx
Old 04-25-2013, 11:00 AM   #323

are you both on DD's for this Saturday? If so, we will all be on the same rotation!
Old 04-25-2013, 11:18 AM   #324
Senior LCF Member

Yup!! yay xx
Old 04-25-2013, 01:38 PM   #325
Blabbermouth!!!

Monica when I was JUDDDing before you and I were on the same rotation. Its nice to be doing them with other people. Hoping DDs go easy in the beginning and I don't suffer too much
Old 04-26-2013, 12:27 AM   #326
Senior LCF Member

I've read that shakes are a good way to get through the DD's in the beginning, is that true? Or would you suggest trying to find low cal food instead?

Good you're all on the same rotation... I think I may need the support! xx
Old 04-26-2013, 07:34 AM   #327

Gina, I never feel like I have had anything when I drink a shake. Drink it and still hungry, so I never did shakes. I survive on high veggie / high protein. Some DD's go better than others.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:12 AM   #328

Here's my girl as Betsy Ross at school today. It is Wax Museum day and she was all thrilled about me being there!
Old 04-26-2013, 08:29 AM   #329
Blabbermouth!!!

Gina, when I did JUDDD the first time I did shakes the first couple days just to get a handle on the vast reduction in calories...but then, I've done a meal replacement diet for 8 months before so it wasn't a total shock to me. I kept with about 500-600 calories for the first 3 weeks and then started reducing once I felt in control and the hungies totally left me on DD's. EVERYONE is different and you get to make this experience totally unique to YOU. That is the absolute beauty about this plan and why I am going back to it!

Monica, LOVE Betsy! What a great costume!

Editing here because I can't add!
So I weighed this morning...I'm down *a pound*...not .8... Amazing.

Anyone doing anything fun this weekend? I think ours is going to be pretty mellow..DH works all weekend and so do the kiddo's at some point or another.. I do have to take DD16 shopping for summer clothes....apparently we are just going to go straight to HOT and nowhere else already...
I really wanted to go see that movie Pain & Gain with Mark Wahlberg but I dunno if we'll get to it this weekend.

Looking forward to DD tomorrow..just not the initial hungry feeling that is all consuming I will survive, right?

Last edited by DesertGurl; 04-26-2013 at 09:09 AM..
Old 04-26-2013, 08:35 AM   #330
Senior LCF Member

Oh Wow! Love the costume

I think I'll do that too Danielle, stocked up on shakes and low cal, actually really excited about starting something new.

However I've just had a text message from W saying he's going out with a pal tonight so can we do pizza and beer tommorrow instead I've replied with 'erm... we had plans!' so hopefully he'll change his mind

G xx

Last edited by Genie80; 04-26-2013 at 08:36 AM.. Reason: Pressed 'Send' too soon!