Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2013, 05:06 AM   #271
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Genie80
WOE: Slimming World
Start Date: Re-start 09.18.13
Hello Ladies

It wasn't actually too bad yesterday until she caught the bone in my thumb with the needle whilst listening to the sound of the muscle and I nearly passed out - not very gracefully I might add!

Lynne: Yes, I breed Abyssinian cats & we have a litter that are 4 weeks old at the moment, 4 of them - so cute & so much fun! This is one of the girls at 2 weeks:

Gina x
Genie80 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2013, 05:30 AM   #272
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Gina - very cute kitty!

I did well yesterday. My book club, I think it is going to be a bust for me. I don't really have much in common with the gals in it. Just different people. I will give it a few months and go from there.
zipp2play is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 06:24 AM   #273
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lize636
Stats: 225/172/155
WOE: LC
Start Date: Nov 2009, restart March 2013
Monica- Thanks for the prayers. What kind of books do you read?? I wasn't much of a book reader until 50 Shades of Grey lol...... now I have a few under my belt. I recently read Beautiful Disaster ...... very good book!! Someone recently suggested Real by Katy Evans....haven't had a chance to look it up yet but that may be on my list for next to read.

Gina- awww how cute it that!! I had to google them to see what they look like full grown ......super cute!!
Lize636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 08:39 AM   #274
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lize636 View Post
Monica- Thanks for the prayers. What kind of books do you read?? I wasn't much of a book reader until 50 Shades of Grey lol...... now I have a few under my belt. I recently read Beautiful Disaster ...... very good book!! Someone recently suggested Real by Katy Evans....haven't had a chance to look it up yet but that may be on my list for next to read.

Gina- awww how cute it that!! I had to google them to see what they look like full grown ......super cute!!
Ooooh...If you liked 50 shades try the Black Dagger Brotherhood & The Fallen Angel novels by JR Ward. Trust me you will not be disappointed!! I recently bought a Kindle so there's no stopping me now!

Gina xx
Old 04-19-2013, 09:30 AM   #275
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genie80 View Post
Ooooh...If you liked 50 shades try the Black Dagger Brotherhood & The Fallen Angel novels by JR Ward. Trust me you will not be disappointed!! I recently bought a Kindle so there's no stopping me now!

Gina xx
Awww, I knew we were kindred spirits!! JR Ward...that's my girl! Gotta love a book where ya gotta stop and fan yourself once in awhile!

..... MORNING Ladies!

Just sitting here watching the tragic reality that is the news... man!

DD16 home again today.. she had an awesome day yesterday and woke up with the ick in her gut.. still not convinced its GF related
Altho' it never goes beyond pain that disappates with gas and lots of rest and relaxation.. she did have some nausea for a brief moment today.. just weird.

Hanging in there..plodding along and trying to get back on the wagon.. Last night was a TOTAL bust with dinner..lord have mercy did DH & I have a blow out!

PMS and TOM seem to cause me to totally spin out of control.. any one have thoughts about hormone imbalance? I'm wondering if this is why I cannot seem to gain much traction with weight loss..

Anywho, that's me for now.. dreading getting on the scale. Needs to be done...October will be here before I know it!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 11:15 AM   #276

Liz - I read just about anything Vampire related (as long as there isn't a bunch of sex), I really enjoy Young Adult books, I bought 50 shades, then found out what it was about and gave it to my DAD ...who read it and LOVED IT! I have read all the Twlights, the Hunger Games, The Sookie Stackhouse (True Blood) series, the Morganville Vampire series, The Drake Chronicles Series (Vampire as well). Recently I read The Truth in Our Stars (which was amazing) and Elenor and Park (LOVED THAT TOO). Right now I am reading Bossy Pants by Tina Fey. It is really funny in parts, but I don't feel I am learning much new about her, which is disappointing.

Gina - how long do you keep the kittens before they can go to their new homes?

D - dust off girl. You can jump back on. I hope DD16 gets relief soon. Maybe it's time to do a full allergy food panel?

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rt-2-a-18.html
Old 04-19-2013, 01:04 PM   #277
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Gina xx
Thanks I will have to look them up
Old 04-19-2013, 01:07 PM   #278
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
Liz - I read just about anything Vampire related (as long as there isn't a bunch of sex), I really enjoy Young Adult books, I bought 50 shades, then found out what it was about and gave it to my DAD ...who read it and LOVED IT! I have read all the Twlights, the Hunger Games, The Sookie Stackhouse (True Blood) series, the Morganville Vampire series, The Drake Chronicles Series (Vampire as well). Recently I read The Truth in Our Stars (which was amazing) and Elenor and Park (LOVED THAT TOO). Right now I am reading Bossy Pants by Tina Fey. It is really funny in parts, but I don't feel I am learning much new about her, which is disappointing.

Gina - how long do you keep the kittens before they can go to their new homes?

D - dust off girl. You can jump back on. I hope DD16 gets relief soon. Maybe it's time to do a full allergy food panel?
Have you read the City of Bones....I have it on my list to read it seems pretty good.
Old 04-19-2013, 01:08 PM   #279
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Awww, I knew we were kindred spirits!! JR Ward...that's my girl! Gotta love a book where ya gotta stop and fan yourself once in awhile!
I totally agree with you on this one!!
Old 04-19-2013, 01:42 PM   #280

I haven't read City of Bones...I may have to look into it though
Old 04-20-2013, 08:19 AM   #281
Senior LCF Member

Liz - Will have a look for City of Bones...

Monica - I keep them until they're 13 weeks old (a week after their 2nd vaccinations) so plenty of time for me to have with them yet :-)

The sun is shining again here in Manchester, sat outside whilst the BF works on his bike.. the only thing missing is a few bottles of beer! x
Old 04-20-2013, 09:56 AM   #282
Blabbermouth!!!

Genie, hope you had a great day!! Sounds lovely to me

I beleive the City of Bones has been made into a movie..I think I saw a preview for that last time at the movies. Looked good. DD18 has read that series and loved every book.

Speaking of books, I need to get cracking on the huge stack in my closet! ...got kinda side tracked with the Jillian Michaels book the last week or so....

Hope everyone's having a great weekend
Old 04-21-2013, 04:59 AM   #283

Gina - I bet you love on them all you can before they move on. Your day sounds perfect.

D- I will look into that book. I started and finished a quick read book called Sweetheats. It was really good
Old 04-21-2013, 05:01 AM   #284

Is it a 3 book series ?
Old 04-21-2013, 08:57 AM   #285
Blabbermouth!!!

Monica, my understanding there are more than 3..maybe 6? The movie comes out in August!
Old 04-22-2013, 01:30 AM   #286
Senior LCF Member

Happy Monday Ladies!

Hope you all had a good weekend?

I downloaded a sample of the 1st book, very similar to the blackdagger brotherhood novels - could probably get quite into it!

My first day today working full time since 2010 :/ I had 18 months off work then came back part time (4 afternoons a week) in November 2011. I'm now going to be doing full time Monday & Friday, but still just my afternoons Tuesday & Thursday and keep Wednesdays free for physio.... at 9.30am after very little sleep I am already regretting it! But Wayne (bf) is out of work at the moment so kinda need the money! Oh well.... still smiling!!

TTFN Gina xx
Old 04-22-2013, 06:08 AM   #287

I hope everyone had a GREAT weekend. It was a COLD Saturday here and yesterday warmed up nicely. We took the kids to see 42 yesterday, we all loved it. It made me MAD and I cried, I can't believe the ignorance people had/HAVE!

Today is DH's birthday. It will be a bit of a FOOD day! We rented the ceramics studio this evening and have about 20 people coming to do ceramics/glass and eat and have fun. We are all excited for tonight to come.

T weighed this morning and is now down 9 pounds. He is really thrilled with his progress and I am so happy for him. He is eating a smaller lunch (for an Up Day) so he will have more calories for this evening. He is doing great!
Old 04-22-2013, 06:08 AM   #288

Gina - don't work too hard today then girl! I am sure it is tough getting back into it!
Old 04-22-2013, 06:17 AM   #289
Senior LCF Member

Good morning ladies!! Hope everyone had a good weekend.

Gina - I looked into the books you suggested, both series looks good. I hope to get the audio book so I can listen to while I work out.

Busy weekend DD4 bday party was a success! I however am pooped. I think you should get a day off work after all that. I did however get a evening out on Friday before the party and I enjoyed it very much. I didn't get home until late and was up early for t ball and then right into preparing for the Bday party. She had a sleep over with 6 little girls....boy did I bite off more than I can chew. All the kids were good, just a lot to keep up with. Yesterday I spent most of the day in a funk. I dont know if it was lack of sleep or just plan old being tired of trying to hard to accommodate everyone else. I try to keep everyone happy in the family and they (inlaws) sometime could care less about me. Maybe its time to start worrying about myself! Sorry for the rant I had to get it out!! Hope to talk to everyone later off to register little Maddie for Pre-K

Slimmer by Summer Challenge 225/190/?
Awesome by Autumn Challenge 193/176/180
Sexier for Santa 176/174/164
Spring Fling 185/172/165
Old 04-22-2013, 06:23 AM   #290
Senior LCF Member

Monica - It's now 2.30pm and I'm flagging a bit Doesn't help there's workmen on the metal beams outside my window so it's giving me a headache too!
The glass and ceramics sounds fun I used to make jewellery, lots of beads and silver I still have all my kit just don't tend to have the patience at the moment!

Liz - You rant away girl!! I don't have kids so can't really comment but I feel for ya

Gina xx
Old 04-22-2013, 08:53 AM   #291
Blabbermouth!!!

Hello my lovelies!

Gina~ best of luck getting back into the swing of things again! You got this, girly!

Monica~ you had an awesome weekend! Hooray for the kiddo's loss. Enjoy DH's b-day, sounds fun!!

Liz~ as someone who's BTDT...definitely start taking care of YOU! Glad you survived the b-day party...little ones are exhausting with celebrations. I can't believe I lived through 3!
-----------

Kinda feeling funky...got a weird pain in my abdomen..kinda around the ovary area I think.. For years now I get an odd ache in the same place every month when I'm pms'ing... well, TOM has come&gone this week and now I'm getting it again but it's more nagging.. Praying for no ER run at any time!

DH is off today again... Lord help me!
Going to try and eat intuitively today and see how I do again.. it worked well the rest of the weekend.

Have a beautiful day!
Old 04-22-2013, 10:30 AM   #292
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/210/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Good morning everyone!!

Danielle, I'm sure hoping that nagging discomfort of yours is nothing serious. No ER run indeed.

Gina, good luck on your first day back full time!! I hope it's fun and not exhausting.

Does your workman on the beam outside at least have a nice booty?

Monica, your weather is all over the place lately, isn't it? I looked up "42" on Google - sounds good. The story of Jackie Robinson. It's so hard to stand up against ignorance when everyone else seems to be agreeing on it! I guess what we can do from today's perspective is not forget what we already learned once in history. I hate seeing history repeat itself when we could all be knowing better.

Congratulations to DS on his weight loss success! Good job to your whole family, actually!!

Liz, wow. You've got your hands full. And I agree, sometimes we ladies just have to stand up and let folks know that enough is enough. It's mama-time now, so get your own sandwiches and wash your own dishes.

Me... I don't know what's going on with the publisher right now, I haven't heard from my attorney since last week. We've laid out our case, it's solid as a rock, and we're willing and able to go forward with a lawsuit. The lawyers are playing chicken now, I guess. I'm staying out of it.

Yesterday was not very GF, since I broke down and made a few cookies. However. It was an UD, and I've been very good for a long time.

Today is a good DD so far.

Happy Monday, all!!

Lynne

Carbohydrate Addict's Diet. Hopefully.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:26 AM   #293

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lize636 View Post
I try to keep everyone happy in the family and they (inlaws) sometime could care less about me. Maybe its time to start worrying about myself! Sorry for the rant I had to get it out!!
UMMM yes, it IS time you care more about yourself! That is the key. My momma used to tell me, you better take care of yourself, cause NO ONE else will!

I think after the weekend you had, I WOULD BE POOPED and in a FUNK too!
Old 04-22-2013, 11:28 AM   #294

Quote:
Monica - It's now 2.30pm and I'm flagging a bit Doesn't help there's workmen on the metal beams outside my window so it's giving me a headache too!
The glass and ceramics sounds fun I used to make jewellery, lots of beads and silver I still have all my kit just don't tend to have the patience at the moment!
GINA I don't have a crafty BONE in my body! Tonight I will focus on getting people what they need. I am so NOT good at ceramics. I know DH wants to make the word LOVE out of glass. I have already requested the letter L so I can be done quick! It is so not my thing! I know, DH and I seem to be reversed. He cooks/loves ceramics and I DON'T DO EITHER!
Old 04-22-2013, 11:28 AM   #295
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
UMMM yes, it IS time you care more about yourself! That is the key. My momma used to tell me, you better take care of yourself, cause NO ONE else will!

I think after the weekend you had, I WOULD BE POOPED and in a FUNK too!
Thanks I am going to work on it that's for sure!! I do feel better after a good nights rest though.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:32 AM   #296

D - another day with DH! Enjoy it girl! Especially with summer break coming so soon!

Lynne - I have a super easy GF cookie recipe and it doesn't make a HUGE batch either.

PB Cookies

1 cup PB
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 t baking powder
1/2 cup chocolate chips (if you like to add them I use the mini chips)

bake at 350* for 9-12 minutes. DONE!

Remember without the flour they won't rise or spread so you can drop them on the sheet close together. LOVE THESE. My entire family now will only make these PB cookies. Great PB taste and with the chooclate perfect! Some add the kisses on top as they come out of the oven. I think that's too much work that's why I add the chips in the batter. OH and let them sit on the cookie sheet for a bit to cool before you take them off!
Old 04-22-2013, 11:34 AM   #297
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynne2u View Post
Good morning everyone!!

Liz, wow. You've got your hands full. And I agree, sometimes we ladies just have to stand up and let folks know that enough is enough. It's mama-time now, so get your own sandwiches and wash your own dishes.

Yesterday was not very GF, since I broke down and made a few cookies. However. It was an UD, and I've been very good for a long time.

Today is a good DD so far.

Happy Monday, all!!

Lynne
Thanks Lynn! You are right enough is enough time to worry about me.

We all deserve a treat every now and than!! Enjoy the cookie.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:56 AM   #298
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/210/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Quote:

PB Cookies

1 cup PB
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 t baking powder
1/2 cup chocolate chips (if you like to add them I use the mini chips)

bake at 350* for 9-12 minutes. DONE!

Remember without the flour they won't rise or spread so you can drop them on the sheet close together. LOVE THESE. My entire family now will only make these PB cookies. Great PB taste and with the chooclate perfect! Some add the kisses on top as they come out of the oven. I think that's too much work that's why I add the chips in the batter. OH and let them sit on the cookie sheet for a bit to cool before you take them off!
Ooh!! Thank you, Monica!!

Lynne
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 04:51 AM   #299
Senior LCF Member

Hello ladies.... Sunny *and* Warm in Manchester today!!!

Danielle - Do hope the pain eases hunni, I've suffered with IBS for years and it's always worse with cramping type pains around my TOM. The things us women have to put up with... I think every bloke should just have to experience 1 *really* bad TOM then at least they might give us a break!

Lynne - I did it... kind of felt like I was asleep for the latter part of the afternoon but got W to meet me off the train so he could walk home with me and he cooked my tea: bless him! ... oh, and no: builders had no yummy factor so bit dissapointing!

Monica - Lol! I like being creative, always have and W is the same he can also fix just about anything and ask him to build you something and he's great at it. His current mission is rebuilding the cat run now we've moved - can't wait until it's done so the cats can play out safely again..... guessing those PB cookies wouldn't be allowed on atkins

Hope you all have a lovely day xxx
Old 04-23-2013, 05:55 AM   #300

Gina, I am jealous. It is RAINY and COLD here. High of 38* and they are calling for SNOW! Mother nature didn't get the memo that SPRING should be here at all. I don't know if we have ever had snow on April 23rd before! EVER! I am not creative at all. It's like DH and I are switched. He LOVED the party so that is all that matters!

Lynne - no problems. They are GREAT cookies. I try not to make them much at all. I seem to not be able to EVER walk away until they are all gone!

The party was great last night. 18 total people there. Food was almost perfect, not a TON to bring home. DH loved every minute of it. We did a Glass project (per his request) as a family. He wanted the word LOVE spelled out. I got the L (for the LOSER that I am), DD11 did the O, DS14 did the V and DH did the E. He can't wait to get them back now and hang them up. I will post pictures once we have done that!

Now to TUESDAY, a down day and SNOW! BLAH!!!!!!!!!!!