Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2013, 01:24 PM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tobelowcarber
Stats: 136/118.8/115-120
WOE: JUDDD
Shangri-La Diet

Hi! I will be starting Shangri-La Diet (SLD) tomorrow and will be reporting my progress here. Anyone is welcome to join.

If you google Shangri-La Diet, you can read all about. There is also a book under same name. I have the book but you really can get all the info online.

You are basically consuming flavor-less oil between meals (at least 1 hr before or after). You can take 1-3 Tbls of oil a day. Some people use sugar water, but I am interested in doing it. The oil is supposed to suppress you appetite and you end up eating less.

You are supposed to use flavorless oil, like extra light olive oil. Some people use coconut oil, flaxseed or refined walnut oil. If the oil has strong flavor you are supposed to clip you nose.

I will be starting with coconut oil.

My Journal: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...orward-11.html
tobelowcarber is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2013, 02:29 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I started tonight with 1 Tbl of coconut oil. This one had flavor so I clipped my nose but it was not easy to eat with clipped nose I have been having lots of cravings all day today and for the first time I am feeling calm and satisfied. I don't know if it placebo effect, but I will take it.

Last edited by tobelowcarber; 03-16-2013 at 02:33 PM..
Old 04-01-2013, 08:29 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: translationmx
Stats: 180/136 now 167/160.8/140
WOE: NK baby!
Start Date: Every day!!
Hi! I decided to give this a try. I've been having 4 tbsp. of oil for a week now, and I've lost 1.4 pounds. My diet has been all over the place. I've had some rice and potatoes... even a bite of bread the other day, and I was kind of expecting for my weight to stay the same or increase a bit and I'm surprised to see that I lost some weight.

I'll definitely keep at it. I feel more energy and my alertness level has increased. It could be the placebo effect as you mention, but I'll be extending this experiment!

My ancestors didn’t claw their way to the top of the food chain so I could eat Twinkies - Mark Sisson
translationmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:27 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Glad this worked good for you. I have not kept with it. May I ask you which oil did you use?
Old 04-03-2013, 07:04 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

At first I used extra light olive oil, and when I ran out I started using the coconut oil I already had in my pantry. I clip my nose shut so I don't feel the smell or the flavor of the oil.

I'm starting to feel the appetite suppression effect. The book is pretty encouraging. I'm thinking of trying the crazy spiced smoothie soon.
Old 04-06-2013, 10:40 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

A little update - I switched back to extra light olive oil. I discovered that if I have the oil in the morning on an empty stomach the appetite suppression I get is just amazing. I also feel this nice surge of energy, even better than with my morning coffee, which is a lot to say.

Let's see how the upcoming weeks pan out. TOM is here, so I'm not stepping on the scale yet.