Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2013, 07:55 PM   #151
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: easwann
Stats: was 240lbs am 198 lbs
WOE: Peace, meat, water, and eggs!
Start Date: learning everyday
Hi, Krimeri!! Everyone is so different.. you'll just have to see if it works well for you. Just be diligent and get right back on track with your next meal so your cheat day doesn't derail your seven weeks of hard work. Some people find 1 day leads to many more....

Dr. Atkins says a plateau is when you haven't lost anything for 6 weeks... so be kind to yourself. You didn't mention how much weight you have lost, or what your start weight was, but we all have times after having losses that our bodies take a little time to simply readjust to it's new weight ( a setpoint, as it were) before it will start giving up any more weight) so be patient, it happens to everybody.
You also might be shifting weight around, did you take your measurements? Sometimes we are losing fat but gaining muscle, so it doesn't show up on the scale, but will show in our clothes. You are off to a great start, many people don't make it to their 7th week, so stick with it and you will be rewarded with more losses.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2013, 09:54 PM   #152
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LauraDavis
Stats: 245.8/190.6/145
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2013
That sounds Yummy!
LauraDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 05:24 AM   #153
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pcaltman
Stats: 174.5/168/128 5'7"
WOE: Atkins 72',Primal, Paleo
Start Date: Working on it everyday:)
Hi all,

I get to grout today

Weight:
Oct 1st = 166
Oct 7th = 165
Oct 14th = 164
Oct 21st = 167.5

Menu:
B - coffee, hwc, splenda, 2 eggs, 1 all natural sausage (4 carbs)
L - cheaters stew (5 carbs)
D - chicken salad (1 carbs)
S - 1 oz cheddar cheese (1 carb)

Total = 11 carbs

Workout = none
pcaltman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 10:13 AM   #154
Major LCF Poster!

Oh Boy!! Grouting!
easwann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 02:01 PM   #155
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: pawleys14
Stats: 305/277.8/175
Start Date: restarting August 11, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krimeri20 View Post
This is the best dish I have made... Chicken breast (I like organic better) frozen whole green beans... Olive oil, packet of Italian seasoning (dressing isle) and butter. Salt and pepper.

Ok I'm not the best at sharing recipes

Get a baking dish
Add green beans to bottom
Add raw chicken on the green beans
Sprinkle whole pack of Italian seasoning to the top of everything
Drizzle olive oil
Sprinkle with salt and pepper
Then I mixed it All around
Add butter to chicken.. If you want to.
Cover with foil
Bake on 400 for 1 hour covered. About 10 minutes uncovered.. So so good!!

this sounds soooooo am going to try it... and I may add fresh mushrooms to it..thanks for the recipe.....
pawleys14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 07:45 PM   #156
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Krimeri20
Stats: 206/173/140
Start Date: September 1, 2013
Easwann... Thanks for the pep talk well Sunday was my cheat day and I went right back onto my diet. I will say I felt pretty bad the next day.. I never thought all that sugar would make me feel so bad. I will let you all know of it helped me. I am a little impatient.. Just have needed to get my baby weight off... I have lost 33 pounds and can finally feel like my normal size is right around a few corners lol!
Krimeri20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 08:00 PM   #157
Major LCF Poster!

Todays breakfast? - Broccoli Beef

I'll be working with this recipe a bit... it was really good but I used cornstarch and need to not do that... it's 10 carbs that we could all do without. I'll make this again next week more low carb and see if I still like it.

3/4# flank or sirloin, sliced thinly across the grain (do this while it's part way frozen, it sliced much nicer)
3/4# broccoli florets
2 Tablespoons olive or coconut oil
2 cloves garlic, minced or smashed
1 teaspoon cornstarch, dissolved in 1 tablespoon water

For the beef marinade:
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon Chinese rice wine
1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (notice I always use fresh ground, I only have a pepper mill not pepper shaker)

For the sauce:
2 Tablespoons oyster sauce
1 teaspoon Chinese rice wine
1 Tablespoon soy sauce
1/4 cup chicken broth

Marinate the beef: Stir together the beef marinade ingredients, add the beef slices and stir until coated. Let stand 10 minutes.

Prepare the sauce: Stir together the sauce ingredients in a small bowl.

Steam the broccoli for 3 minutes in the microwave in a covered container with the lid just off a touch in the corner. Drain thoroughly.

Heat a large frying pan or wok over medium high heat until a bead of water sizzles and instantly evaporates upon contact. Add the oil and swirl to coat. Add the beef and spread it out so it's not touching if possible. Let the beef fry for 1 minute. Flip the beef slices over, add the garlic and fry for an additional 30 seconds to a minute, until beef is no longer pink. Pour in the sauce, add the broccoli and bring to a boil. Pour in the dissolved corn starch and cook, stirring, until the sauce boils and thickens.

am serving this with fried "rice". Will put my recipe in when I'm not late for work.
Old 10-22-2013, 10:28 PM   #158
Major LCF Poster!

Fried "Rice"
10 - 12 oz shredded cauliflower
2 green onions, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoons fresh ginger (I use paste)
2 - 3 Tablespoons soy sauce depends on your taste buds
3 Tablespoon toasted sesame oil
2 eggs, beaten (I use egg beaters most the time)
1 - 2 cups meat of choice, diced

I use the kitchen aide attachments to shred the cauliflower but a food processor or even a hand grater will work. Steam the cauliflower in the mircorwave for 3 minutes, strain well. Then I use 2 tablespoons toasted sesame to cook the whole thing in, I really like toasted sesame oil. Stir fry the green onions for 1 - 1 1/2 minutes add the cauliflower stir fry for about 3 - 4 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in ginger, 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil, soy sauce and meat if you are using. Stir fry until some what brown. Push all to the side, pour in the eggs and scramble. Mix the eggs and the "rice" mix well until there isn't any large chuncks of egg.

Now this I have made a lot, but I have never put meat in it. I always make it for a dish tonight it was the beef and broccoli
Old 10-23-2013, 05:42 AM   #159
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning,

Feeling great today. I think I have things back under control and I love that feeling.
Laura that recipe sound WOW!!!!! I love the beef and pepper recipe from Linda's site. I think I need to add that to the dinner menu for next week

Yep Grouting. We had to gut the kids bath do to a leak and are working on it everyday. We are also paying cash as we go which is the best and only way to do things. One little project at a time, ok maybe big project. We have the walls reframed, bath tub in, subfloors back on, tile done and part of the baseboards and drywall. Hubby will be working on the plumbing for the shower tonight while I caulk all the baseboards and seal the tile. It's a team project and it looks awesome........

Weight:
Oct 1st = 166
Oct 7th = 165
Oct 14th = 164
Oct 21st = 167.5

Menu:
B - coffee, hwc, splenda, 2 eggs, 1 all natural sausage (4 carbs)
L - chicken salad (2 carbs)
D - Linda's creamy southwestern taco soup, 2 cups spinach, feta, walnuts, balsamic vinaigrette (8 carbs)
S - coffee, hwc, splenda (2 carb)

Total = 16 carbs

Workout = grouting
Old 10-23-2013, 10:33 AM   #160
Major LCF Poster!

Laura, your recipe sounds sooo good!!!

Pcaltman, what an amazing job you're doing on that bathroom!! Unfortunately, my husband, who is a big cuddle bear, gets so frustrated at home improvement jobs, that I hire them out to people. Fortunately, almost all my friends husbands do various work like that, so I feel good that I am giving my money to my friends families!!

I've been lurking for awhile, I always feel funny jumping into peoples threads when it seems they have their own 'mojo' going on.. but here I am.. lol!!!

I am a 44 year old housewife, married 23 years. I recently had to retire after my 3rd back surgery so I have a lot of time on my hands ( hence the lurking ) I love animals and quilting when my back allows.. and have lost 60 lbs on this woe keeping it off since 2003 when I joined until this last year when I gained 20 back after the surgery of which I've gotten 10 off since recommitting on Oct. 1st. Not losing as fast being 10 years older and have limited mobility. I have always followed A '72 20 whole carbs or less.

Ok..now that your sick of me.. the lady shall exit stage left!!

Have a great day!
Old 10-23-2013, 06:32 PM   #161
Major LCF Poster!

Lizzie it's great to have you here. The limited mobility sucks I've been there a few times. Luckily my body has gotten itself back to a normal I can handle. I've had 4 foot surgeries, 1 wrist surgery, 1 arm surgery and a fractured back. Still looking forward (can you see the sarcasm dripping?) to a knee replacement, but so far I'm getting away without it. So I feel your pain!

You don't have to lurk jump into the thread head first... we're friendly!

Today's breakfast was a simple cube steak with cream of mushroom soup on it. Feels like I cheated cuz I cooked it in the crock pot.
Old 10-23-2013, 07:34 PM   #162
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks, Laura.. Two peas in a surgical pod! Your breakfast sounds good. My husband went away so I cooked and old favorite, that he doesn't like to know about ( Chicken gizzards and hearts..

I realized you were friendly, handy, and good cooks, so here am!! Thanks for the welcome..
Old 10-23-2013, 07:45 PM   #163
Major LCF Poster!

Ok so I had a cube steak. Not what I'm hungry for so I have bacon in the oven and Italian green beans on the stove top. Maybe that will hit the spot for lunch. The girl I work with has already texted me to say she's not coming to work tonight. ********!!!!!!!!! We're already a person short and she pulls this all the time. Either that or she's between 30 minutes and 2 hours late for work. It gets old quickly! I needed to leave on time in the morning, there goes that I'll probably have to work over until 10.
Old 10-24-2013, 05:06 AM   #164
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning,

Lizzie you sound like me. I have gone through 2 spinal surgeries in the last 4 years and the last one was 5 months ago. I also gained 20 with all the steroids I was on. No fun, but now I am trying to get back down to keep the pressure off the spine. I know I will need another surgery in the future, but trying to hold off as much as possible.

So I got my new stove yesterday. It's nice, ok a lot better then the broken one, but I still can't use it. Apparently the wiring is all messed up. It could start a fire I will be calling my father in law, he is an electrician, but he is on vacation right now. I have to wait until he gets home in about 4 days. So this should be interesting. I have to come up with breakfast, lunch and dinners I can cook in the crock pot or microwave. Hum.....

Weight:
Oct 1st = 166
Oct 7th = 165
Oct 14th = 164
Oct 21st = 167.5

Menu:
B - coffee, hwc, splenda, 2 eggs, 1 oz gaot cheese, spinach (6 carbs)
L - 2 eggs, sausage, taco soup, chicken (3 carbs all leftovers)
D - roaster chicken, 2 cups spinach, feta, walnuts, balsamic vinaigrette (4 carbs)
S - peanuts (6 carb) Hubby bought more, so bad

Total = 19 carbs

Workout = caulking
Old 10-25-2013, 05:04 AM   #165
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all,

Feel a lot thinner today and my stomach is getting flat again, but not much movement on the scale. I did jump on today to see and was at 166. Oh well I will keep going. I think I had too much cheese yesterday. I will try to make food more basic.

Weight:
Oct 1st = 166
Oct 7th = 165
Oct 14th = 164
Oct 21st = 167.5

Menu:
B - coffee, hwc, splenda, 2 sausage patties (4 carbs)
L - chicken dip, mayo, cream cheese, parm cheese, mozz cheese (6 carbs)
D - 2 cup salad, diced chicken, bacon, cheese, homemade ranch (5 carbs)
S - 3 glasses wine, oops....

Total = 15 carbs

Workout = none
Old 10-25-2013, 11:29 AM   #166
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krimeri20 View Post
Easwann... Thanks for the pep talk well Sunday was my cheat day and I went right back onto my diet. I will say I felt pretty bad the next day.. I never thought all that sugar would make me feel so bad. I will let you all know of it helped me. I am a little impatient.. Just have needed to get my baby weight off... I have lost 33 pounds and can finally feel like my normal size is right around a few corners lol!
Those are awesome losses!! Glad you hooped right back on, sorry you didn't feel well. I get the impatience..I've just learned the time will pass anyway and I can either be ahead or behind! LOL
Old 10-25-2013, 11:38 AM   #167
Major LCF Poster!

Wow, Laura and Pcatlman.. I posted a long reply last night, but it doesnt look like it showed up!

Laura.. thanks for the welcome, sorry your coworker was so thoughtless. And all those surgeries!! What did they DO to you, child?!?! My, my kudos to you for being so active!

PC.. I don't know how you do all you do (physically) after your back surgeries. My herniations are caused by a scoliosis I've had since childhood.. so all the little bits and pieces of my spine are each suffering from their own problems and just being upright for too long causes me pain. I try to set a few goals each day to accomplish, but mine are simple, unload dishwasher-rest/ load dishwasher-rest etc.. then by 2 or 3pm I have to lay my back down to take the pressure off. I am happy yours is treating you better. What is your next planned surgery??

Have a great day everyone....
Old 10-25-2013, 05:47 PM   #168
Major LCF Poster!

I was in a car accident in 94 that broke clean across my right foot, put dash board down my knee, fractured my back, broke 4 bones in my wrist (shortened my arm by 1/4 - 1/2"), and split my head open down to my skull. Then later broke my left arm both lower bones just snapped when I tried to stop a friends backward fall after being pushed. Anyway the foot required lots of surgery.

Making meatballs tonight for spaghetti and meatballs. I'm starving so off I go. I'm redesigning the meatball recipe ... well starting from scratch so I'll post later.
Old 10-25-2013, 07:16 PM   #169
Major LCF Poster!

Meatballs

1# hamburger
1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced
2 Tablespoons Italian seasoning
3 Tablespoons coconut flour
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
2 eggs

Mix all ingredients together well. I use cookie dough scoop to make the meatballs. Place meatballs on parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
Old 10-25-2013, 09:07 PM   #170
Major LCF Poster!

Laura, thank you for the recipe, I have just purchased my first bag of coconut flour and was looking for ways to use it as I don't make baked goods.
I am sorry to hear about your accident! The reconstruction must have been very difficult.. I'm glad you're doing well. I was clumsy as a child and broke my left arm and collar bone and dislocated my right thumb.. although I can't say I was coming to a friends aid, more like trying to get away from my brother . Enjoy your day off!

I am looking forward to a night out with my husband. Just a bunch of friends gathering to watch our favorite local '60's cover band at the firehouse.. should be fun to see the costumes of the younger crowd!

Oh and PC, I found the answer to my question about your next surgery, the knee replacement... My knees feel much better with the weight off too. Hoping it helps you for a long time.

Happy Sat.

Last edited by easwann; 10-25-2013 at 09:20 PM..
Old 10-25-2013, 10:48 PM   #171
Major LCF Poster!

Hope you enjoy the meatballs. I don't actually get tonight off, I work 7 days a week.
Old 10-26-2013, 10:10 AM   #172
Major LCF Poster!

Laura! & days a week.. and did I catch you work around food?? Geez, that must be difficult. After high school I drove a lunch truck, and that was when I started my adult battle with weight loss.

I will make the meatballs tomorrow. I try to make the guys add ons to my meal that keeps them going in their physical jobs ( my hubs just dropped 40 lbs on Atkins but likes a carb meal now and then) and my brother is 6'4" and 275 so he eats like a linebacker but looks fit from construction work all day, so I'll make the meatballs and add pasta for them. I usually do pork rinds, but in a way it's not a good sub for my brother, this will be better.

PC, hoping the days without your stove are passing without too much struggle.. a few months afgo I went w/o a dishwasher, and I thought that was difficult!!

Off to get something done..
Old 10-26-2013, 05:22 PM   #173
Major LCF Poster!

Luckily the only food I work around is what I bring to work and the box of candy that sits behind me all night. I sell candy for a 1.00 for the "vacation fund". So the forklift drivers and truck drivers that come in have treats when they want them and my vacation money increases. Anyway I work at Reckitt Benckiser we make Lysol, Woolite, and Jet Dry to name a few.

Tonight is gonna be Chicken Quesadillas for dinner and a bunch of prep work. I bought fresh herbs at the grocery this week. Krogers has manager's specials and they had a few herbs on sale so I snagged them all. I'll post a recipe when I figure out what it is.

Forgot to post this before I went and played in the kitchen so here's the recipe:

Chicken Quesadilas

1 chicken breast
1 tablespoon taco seasoning
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 red onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
5-6 stips green pepper, chopped
Colby Jack Cheese
about 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced
6 - 8 low carb tortillas

I use cast iron skillets so either that or a non stick skillet cook the chicken breast on medium heat. Season the breast with salt and pepper. Allow a brown crust to form on the breast, you want to turn it only once after about 4 - 5 minutes, then allow to cook for 4 - 5 more minutes on the opposite side. Place on cutting board and allow to rest for a few minutes so it cools to the touch. Cut chicken into small bite sized pieces, throw it back in the pan with a little oil or bacon grease,add taco seasoning then fry for a couple of minutes. Remove from pan and set aside. Add bacon drippings to the pan and saute the onion and pepper until onion is soft, add garlic and cook for a few more minutes until garlic is fragrant. Remove vegetables from pan and set aside. Now I used a new skillet for the Quesadilas, put some bacon drippings in the pan, place a tortilla in pan and layer cheese, chicken, vegetables and cilantro fold Quesadilas over and allow to fry for a min or so until cheese starts to melt. Carefully.... very carefully flip the Quesadilas over and allow to fry for a couple more minutes. Serve with sour cream, pico de gallo, salsa.

Last edited by LauraDavis; 10-26-2013 at 05:24 PM..
Old 10-26-2013, 05:28 PM   #174
Major LCF Poster!

002.jpg

003.jpg

Yes I'm a messy cook but I clean it all up and boy does it taste good! I've always said never trust a tidy or a skinny cook.... gonna have to change that when I get skinny!

Last edited by LauraDavis; 10-26-2013 at 05:29 PM..
Old 10-27-2013, 06:09 PM   #175
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all,

Got my range electrical problem fixed Thanks dad!!!!!!

nothing new around here,just very busy doing tile and baseboards, grouting again,new toilet hopefully will go in tomorrow. Just way too much to get done by Wednesday But will try.....

My back, hum...It's a big mess. Was hurting so badly this am almost ended up throwing up. I have my good days and bad days. I do push myself too much. Just got yelled at by my brother-in-law. He's so nice. Lizzie I do the same thing and work, lay down, work, lay down, stretch, lay down, unload dishwasher, lay down. If I have a bad day I might be down for the day. I take what I can get, so I have to get this 30 lbs off to help. I do eat great, just like my wine. It helps numb the pain. I know bad, but working on it and it's better than taking the Oxi.
Old 10-28-2013, 05:24 AM   #176
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all,

Well convinced hubby to do a stick 2 week induction with me. It will be hard because we have family in town staying with us for Halloween and we are throwing a party first week in Nov. But I am determined to do this. I need to stop the wine so cold turkey here we go. Today is day1

Weight:
Oct 28th = 166
Old 10-28-2013, 11:41 AM   #177
Major LCF Poster!

PC!! Good job on the wine!! I think if I drank I would fall into a bottle and not surface! Occasionally I will indulge, and boy, those are my best back nights, but I pay for it the next day because the alcohol plus the percs make me feel like I can do anything!

Sorry to her bout your back.. I totally understand. My Dr. said there is nothing I can't do..it's just painful to do most things.

Laura!! Whew!! Glad you don't have to work around food! Your recipe looks wonderful.. thank you for sharing, I appreciate the work it takes to write it up.

Stiff from dancing Sat night.. I only danced a few dances but it was a long night and I did soo much more than I usually do!! The guys are getting leftover spagetti tonight, didn't make the meatballs, because I had sausage in the freezer and wasn't up to going to the grocery store. Brothers laid off this week so he will usually do the shopping for me..( they are really good to me.. )

Have a good day ladies!!
Old 10-28-2013, 07:29 PM   #178
Major LCF Poster!

Yesterday was baking day, time to break in the new doughnut pan. Most everything turned out wonderfully. I'll post recipes tomorrow, and yes they are all low carb! Tonight's breakfast was filet mignon and fried corn! I was missing fried corn so I made it with the lil baby corns. It turned out plus a low carb steak sauce with a lil kick. So I'll post recipes when I'm at work but here's the pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 004.jpg (47.8 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 007.jpg (28.5 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 006.jpg (29.1 KB, 2 views)
Old 10-29-2013, 05:55 AM   #179
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all,

I have always wanted a doughnut pan. I might just have to get one for the kids. they love donuts and if I can make them LC I will feel better about them eating them.

Ok ladies have to laugh, hubby had 2 beers last night and walnuts. So not induction. I don't think he will make this with me. It's hard with him drinking and watching football and I have water. oh well, day 2. I will go as long as I can.....

Menu:
B - coffee, hwc, splenda, 2 organic free range eggs, 1 oz goat cheese, spinach, (4 carbs)
L - chicken salad (2 carb)
D - pork and pepper asain stir fry (5 carbs)
S - 1 oz cheese, diet ginger ale (2 carbs)

Total = 13 carbs

workout - grouted 6 hours
Old 10-29-2013, 07:13 AM   #180
Major LCF Poster!

Sweet cuz I have 2 good ones! I'll get them posted when I get up... I'm so far behind here and on the blog. Plus I have a ton of things to test and play with, so many ideas running through my lil head. Ok off to walk the lil boys and then to bed with my tired self.