Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2013, 02:47 PM   #91
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LauraDavis
Stats: 245.8/190.6/145
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2013
I think I have talked myself into Creamy Burrito Casserole for dinner... It was super the first time I made it. And I think I need an iced bulletproof coffee with caramel in it this time.

pcaltman I discovered smoke almonds.... lot's less carbs than Cashews.. and yummy!!!! Cuz I eat way too many Cashews at once.
LauraDavis is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2013, 05:28 AM   #92
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pcaltman
Stats: 174.5/168/128 5'7"
WOE: Atkins 72',Primal, Paleo
Start Date: Working on it everyday:)
Hi all,

Laura I love smoked almonds too. I was out at a friends house and that's what she served so I didn't have a choice. I figured it was better than eating the chocolate cake she had. I am trying to stay away for nuts and even a lot of cheese to help lose faster. I really am doing a combo Primal/Paleo/Atkin's 72'. I buy (as much as I can) all grass fed all natural food and organic free range eggs. No hormones and such. I figure I have enough hormones in myself no need to bring anymore into the house It is funny how these three ways of eating are so similar. Paleo and Primal allow you to eat between 50-100 carbs a day and have a lot of fruit. Most carbs are from veggies. I need to stay at the 20 carb level like Atkin's 72 to be able to lose until my thyroid balances out. Anyway I figure I will try to keep it simple, chicken w/salad, steak w/veggies things like that as much as I can. I have found that when I start making casseroles the carbs really add up fast. I do have my wine That's the only thing I am giving into. 1-2 times a week. Paleo and Primal allow you to have wine which is nice. It's just a matter of tweaking thing to suit you. I really need to get the snacking locked down, that is killing me.

Weight:
Oct 1st = 166

Menu:
B - coffee, hwc, splenda, 2 hard boiled organic eggs, 1 all natural sausage patty (4 carbs)
L - 6 oz chicken, feta, 5 oz organic broccoli (6 carbs)
D - 2 glasses white wine, grass feed ground beef, taco seasoning, 1 tbsp. sour cream, tbsp. diced onions (3 carbs, wine not included)
S - handful homemade popcorn w/butter (shouldn't of had this, did stop myself, just habit) (4 carbs)

Total = 17 carbs

Walk = no walk today
pcaltman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 09:42 AM   #93
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: luvleliz
Stats: 233/233/180 5'9"
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: restart June 3 2013
Laura,

I found your recipe. Will be looking back here for more ideas!!! Great place to post menus.
thank you!
luvleliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 12:13 PM   #94
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: easwann
Stats: was 240lbs am 198 lbs
WOE: Peace, meat, water, and eggs!
Start Date: learning everyday
Hello, all!! I would love to be part of your encouraging thread. I had lost 60 pounds, but after having back surgery and foot surgery I have gained back 15 lbs. Id like to lose this and some more to boot!! I have always been an Atkins '72 girl, and find as long as I keep under that I lose. I have been struggling to get started again.. but I have been good as gold this week and have been rewarded with a 5 lb loss since monday. Water or not I'll take it!! Heres to staying strong all weekend!!
Old 10-04-2013, 12:18 PM   #95
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: easwann
Stats: was 240lbs am 198 lbs
WOE: Peace, meat, water, and eggs!
Start Date: learning everyday
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcaltman View Post
Hi all,

Would love to join you if you dont mind. Hubby woke up today and weighed himself. He got so mad he said he is back on Atkin's 100%. We have been off and on for years going up and down on weight. I have been through lots of spinal surgeries so things sort of got in the way. Anyway, yesterday was day 1. The only thing I find hard about Atkin's is I love my white wine Hubby said no more for awhile, but I might sneak some on a Saturday nights only. I know not induction, but love it......I have also started walking again. Finally got to a good place after my surgery so I can walk now. I started walking Saturday and will do it 4 days a week (tues, thurs, sat, sun)

Weight:
Oct 1st = 166

Menu:
B - coffee, hwc, splenda, 2 eggs, 1 sausage patty (4 carbs)
L - spinach lasagna (Linda's) (7 carbs)
D - pulled pork, 2 cup salad, feta, vinaigrette dressing
S - 1/2 coffee, hwc, plenda

Walk = 25 minutes

Just wanted to say hi. I am in the same boat with the back surgeries and limited movement.... My husband did the same thing sometime in January ( said he was ready to lose the weight he had gained after having brain surgery and being on steroids for months ) he has lost 50 lbs! Strangely, I was the one who couldnt keep it together for a change. Good luck to the both of you!!
easwann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 02:05 PM   #96
Major LCF Poster!

luvleliz and easwann. Great to have you with us.

Think I'm gonna keep it simple today and make taco salad.
Old 10-04-2013, 02:14 PM   #97
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: luvleliz
Stats: 233/233/180 5'9"
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: restart June 3 2013
Laura me too!!! I have the ground beef defrosting as we speak. Cant wait to get home and eat taco salad!!!
luvleliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 02:18 PM   #98
Major LCF Poster!

I love Mexican food... even if it's Americanized Mexican food.
Old 10-05-2013, 08:57 AM   #99
Major LCF Poster!

HI am welcome,

Still having issues with myself. So mad at me for eating what I did yesterday, but today is a new day. I wont even go into it, but I'm back. I can do this.....

Lizzie - I hear you on the back stuff. It stinks, but I need to keep going. Feeling pretty good this am so went on a long walk with hubby and one dog. Tomorrow I will go on another with the other dog. Hubby wasn't going to go with me, but I told him he has too. I messed up last night eating, but I don't want him to get into the habit of not walking because he doesn't feel like it. I told him we made a promise to ourselves that we would walk at least Sat & Sun morning and I will hold him to that. He said I am right. Even though it might take me a bit to get the food stuff under control I am walking.

Weight:
Oct 1st = 166

Menu:
B - coffee, hwc, splenda, 2 fried organic eggs, 1 all natural sausage patty (4 carbs)
L - ground beef, taco seasoning, 1 tbsp cheese, 2 tbsp sour cream, 1 roma tomato (4 carbs)
D - 2 glasses white wine, 4 thin slices pizza (so Bad) I wasn't even hungry just got mad at hubby so I sabotage myself. So not cool....Time to grow up, note to myself.

Total = ???? carbs

Walk = no walk today
Old 10-05-2013, 07:32 PM   #100
Major LCF Poster!

pcaltman don't beat yourself up. You're back and that's what counts.

Today warming up fire roasted tomato sauce for spaghetti. Julianne cut the zucchini and sauteed it with some garlic powder. and oh so simple.
Old 10-06-2013, 04:53 AM   #101
Major LCF Poster!

Laura that sound yummy

Good day yesterday. Did tons of laborious work.

Weight:
Oct 1st = 166

Menu:
B - coffee, hwc, splenda, 2 fried organic eggs, 1 all natural sausage patty (4 carbs)
L - chicken, feta, broccoli (6 carbs)
D - 2 glasses white wine, Zest chicken, sautéed Pattypan squash w/onion & butter (4 carbs)
S - 1 oz cheese (1 carbs)

Total = 15 carbs

Walk = 1 hours walk, hung drywall for 3 hours
Old 10-06-2013, 06:45 AM   #102
Major LCF Poster!

You menu sounds good pcaltman. I want these Asian chicken wings that I found a recipe for but no oven so putting cube steak with cream of mushroom soup in the crockpot. Gonna mash some turnips to go with it.
Old 10-06-2013, 05:24 PM   #103
Major LCF Poster!

Breakfast was . Put cream of mushroom soup, dehydrated onions, mushrooms and 6 oz cream cheese on top the steaks that I browned first. Let cook on low for 7 hours. Was awful having to wait until the turnips were boiled to eat. It smelled so good!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 011.jpg (39.3 KB, 3 views)
Old 10-07-2013, 05:20 AM   #104
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning

Well glad to see something on the scale even though I wasn't great last week. Work my butt off yesterday. Hubby and I started tearing out the kids bath. It has a leak at was now going through the front hall. So not cool. On top of that we are repairing the basement. Busy month for us, but great workouts. Was a bit low on the veggies yesterday. Will try to get more in today.

Weight:
Oct 1st = 166
Oct 7th = 165

Menu:
B - coffee, hwc, splenda, 2 fried organic eggs, bit of sausage, 1 tbsp. onion (4 carbs)
L - Zesty chicken
D - Buffalo wings, blue cheese dressing (4 carbs)

Total = 8 carbs

Walk = 1 hours walk, float and tape drywall for 3 hours
Old 10-07-2013, 11:21 AM   #105
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: Oh, ya know..every morning!
I'm keeping my menus simple, too. Mainly because I dislike having to figure the carb info. Most days I'm well under 20 carbs. That might be where I have to hang to lose. I'm still experimenting. Which I dislike also.

I just had my first grass-fed grilled burger last night and it was very good! We've started using pasture free eggs when we can find them or the cage free at best. Those things are sure expensive!! But, it's nice knowing we're lessening the junk going into us.
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 04:53 PM   #106
Major LCF Poster!

Breakfast today is going to be steak salad. Baby spinach, grilled steak, cherry tomatoes, cheese, cucumber and ranch since everything is packed.

I have most the house sitting in his son's room in boxes. I have only the necessary items out. Hopefully I start moving tomorrow. Can't wait I have a recipe for Chuncheon Chicken wings... dying to try there. They are an Asian hot wing. Problem is they are baked and the oven here stopped working. Bummer huh?

Vanilla I live in the country so I'm trying to get eggs from a local farmer but I'm scared to go to the door. Guess I'll have to screw up my courage and just knock. Not too bad 2.00 a dozen for farm fresh eggs.

pcaltman drywalling is hard work. My arms used to get so tired.
Old 10-08-2013, 05:29 AM   #107
Major LCF Poster!

Oh my, $2.00 for egg that's awesome. I live in the country too, but the lowest price I have been able to find is $3.75 a dozen. Still worth the cost so I don't get any hormones and junk in my eggs.

Vanilla I too need to keep it under 20 carbs. My body seem to be revolting these last few year, lol....

Weight:
Oct 1st = 166
Oct 7th = 165

Menu:
B - coffee, hwc, splenda, 2 fried organic eggs, 1 all natural sausage patty(4 carbs)
L - Buffalo wings, blue cheese dressing (5 carbs)
D - Pork with cider and dried fruit, fried butternut squash hash (25 carbs)
S - coffee, hwc, splenda (2 carbs)

Total = 36 carbs, oops!!!! I didn't realize butternut squash was so high in carbs

Walk = no walk
Old 10-08-2013, 09:02 AM   #108
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: pawleys14
Stats: 305/277.8/175
Start Date: restarting August 11, 2013
on all your food..... am going to try a lot of your recipes...
pawleys14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:37 PM   #109
Major LCF Poster!

Did the hamburger, cream cheese, rotel combo tonight. Should be the last breakfast in this house. Moving tomorrow! YAY!
Old 10-09-2013, 06:09 AM   #110
Major LCF Poster!

Laura I have that dinner on my menu in a week or so. Good luck moving

Running out of food in the house and no money until either Friday or Monday. Hubby pay is weird and I never know when it get deposited, so don't laugh at my food I did decide to take the leftover butternut squash with cider and make it last as a little side dish for lunches for the next 3 days. I figured that will keep the carbs count down.

Weight:
Oct 1st = 166
Oct 7th = 165

Menu:
B - coffee, hwc, splenda, 2 fried organic eggs, 1 all natural sausage patty(4 carbs)
L - 3 Buffalo wings, blue cheese dressing, 1/3 serving butternut squash (7 carbs)
D - bacon, sausage quiche, 2.5 cups sautéed green beans (11 carbs)
S - coffee, hwc, splenda, 1 oz cheese (3 carbs)

Total = 25 carbs

Walk = 30 minute walk
Old 10-09-2013, 08:47 AM   #111
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: Oh, ya know..every morning!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraDavis View Post
Vanilla I live in the country so I'm trying to get eggs from a local farmer but I'm scared to go to the door. Guess I'll have to screw up my courage and just knock. Not too bad 2.00 a dozen for farm fresh eggs.
Do it!!! Do it!!!! I'd love to be able to do that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcaltman View Post
Vanilla I too need to keep it under 20 carbs. My body seem to be revolting these last few year, lol....
I've been hovering around 10 or so. Haven't added anything new yet. Mine's revolted for 30 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraDavis View Post
Did the hamburger, cream cheese, rotel combo tonight.
I love that stuff!!!! How long did you wait until adding cream cheese? Or do you think it spreads out enough that it doesn't really matter? I could eat that stuff as often as I eat my Greek yogurt. Although, I haven't added that back in yet, either.
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 08:49 AM   #112
Major LCF Poster!

I just browned the meat.. mine usually doesn't need drained, then added the cream cheese and rotel. It was supper yummy!
Old 10-10-2013, 05:00 AM   #113
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all,

I also add cabbage to that Ro-tel dinner. so good

Weight:
Oct 1st = 166
Oct 7th = 165

Menu:
L - 1 smoked turkey leg, sautéed pattypan squash, 1/3 serving butternut squash (7 carbs)
D - 1 cup organic ground beef w/spaghetti sauce, 1.5 cups sautéed green beans (16 carbs)
S - peanuts (told hubby not to buys these because I can't stop eating them) (3 carbs)

Total = 30 carbs ( still too high, hmm need to be low today)

Walk = no walk
Old 10-10-2013, 01:23 PM   #114
Blabbermouth!!!

laura - it is just me here..... so I could just brown some (I use turkey meat ) and put some cream cheese and part of a can of rotel tomatoes ... I would not want to make a whole lot at a time.... thanks
Old 10-10-2013, 03:17 PM   #115
Major LCF Poster!

yeah I freeze my hamburger in 1/2# packages and use half the can of rotel and half a block of cream cheese.

Had taco concoction tonight. Had leftover green chills, rotel, and refried beans.
Old 10-11-2013, 06:47 AM   #116
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all ,

It's been pouring down rain yesterday and today, plus they are calling for it to rain this weekend as well. We haven't had rain in months so I guess its good. The temp is cold at 60* or below and the trees are turning. I have all my decoration up and loving that it feels like fall. I changed the dinner for last night and made soup and pumpkin bread because of the cold rain and fall like feeling. The house smelled awesome I have collected about 5 ham bones to use in 15 ham and bean soups, but can't eat beans. I had to think about what soups I could make with them I looked at Linda's site and tweaked one of her recipes, cauliflower bisque. I made the soup in the crock pot a ham and cauliflower bisque soup. So yummy

Weight:
Oct 1st = 166
Oct 7th = 165

Menu:
L - 1 smoked turkey leg, 1 all natural sausage patty, 1 spoonful of butternut squash (4 carbs) Yes I am still eating the butternut squash. I actually have 1/2 a squash left!
D - 2 servings ham & Cauliflower bisque (6 carbs)
S - 4 piece kielbasa sausage (3 carbs)

Total = 17 carbs Better!!!!!

Workout = second float job in basement about 1.5 hours
Old 10-11-2013, 07:42 PM   #117
Major LCF Poster!

sounds wonderful. Might need your recipe with tweaks. I'm making the Chuncheon Chicken Wings (Asian Hot Wings) and BLT "potato" salad. Now if the wings will get done so I can go to work... lol... not enough pre-planning today.

Still trying to figure out where I put stuff in the kitchen, and there are still a few boxes that need unpacked. Things just need situated and me with no day off to tackle the project. So I get a lil bit down each day and we'll live with that.
Old 10-12-2013, 07:13 AM   #118
Major LCF Poster!

We are still in boxes and it's 4 months later. LOL....But we have huge things to fix around here.

Weight:
Oct 1st = 166
Oct 7th = 165

Menu:
L - 1 baked chicken breast, 1 hard boiled egg, 1 spoonful of butternut squash (4.5 carbs)
D - roaster chicken, sautéed green beans (3 carbs)
S - Almonds, Saturday night wine (6 carbs)

Total = 17.5 carbs

Workout = none
Old 10-12-2013, 11:05 AM   #119
Major LCF Poster!

So I had to stay awake today waiting on direct tv and my washer and dryer to be delivered. I have made 2 kinds of sweet pickles, one that will be ready in 4 - 5 days and another that won't be ready for 2 months. I also made pumpkin bake, Have Pork carnitas in the crockpot after letting the spices set for 3 hours. Did Peanut butter cheesecake bites too they are in the fridge setting up so I can roll them.
Old 10-12-2013, 01:00 PM   #120
Blabbermouth!!!

[QUOTE=LauraDavis;16638480]yeah I freeze my hamburger in 1/2# packages and use half the can of rotel and half a block of cream cheese.

thanks Laura.... I am going to make this next week... after my homemade chicken/veggie soup is gone....