Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Challenges! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-challenges/)
-   -   L&A MARCHing off the pounds! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-challenges/798209-l-marching-off-pounds.html)

pri17cess72 03-01-2013 10:34 AM

L&A MARCHing off the pounds!

Happy March!

Last month I lost 10lbs! Yay! I had wanted to be down 13lbs but I will take the 10!

My goal for March is down 10 lbs. exercise at least 3x per week
Take my met daily
I'm hesitant to make a goal for weight loss because I will be disappointed if I don't succeed however I know if I don't make a goal I will have nothing to strive for. The main part of my goal is to just stay LC every day each month.

I will be returning back to work this month as well which will pose some other challenges but I'm determined to stay on track and on plan. :jumpjoy:

What are your March goals?

pri17cess72 03-01-2013 10:57 PM

Walked 3.2 miles
B: Atkins shake coffee with hh and co
L: celery with pb
D: sashimi, salad, miso soup
S: almonds and cheese

Snowangel81598 03-02-2013 01:18 AM

B: coffee w/ cream and CO, HB eggs
L: chicken, brocolli & zucchini
D: double double prot style, handful of french fries :doh:

My goal for this month is to get into my size 10 jeans, comfortably. I can wear them now, they're just a bit more snug than I like. Of course, I wouldn't complain if I could get into my 8's. ^_^

pri17cess72 03-02-2013 09:32 PM

I love your goal! You can do it!

Walked at golden gate park today. So beautiful. Crisp cool weather was perfect!

B: Atkins shake coffee with hh and o
L: bunless hotdog
D: chicken and veggies and met
S: almonds cheese
Water all day

I can see that I'm losing weight. I'm starting to feel normal again and not puffy. Last spring I got down to 148 it felt good! I am shooting for 130. Will evaluate as I continue to lose!

pri17cess72 03-03-2013 09:25 PM

Happy Sunday!

Walked 3 mi today

B: hb egg, Atkins shake coffee with hh and co
L: turkey and cheese omelette, salad coffee and water
D: chicken and spinach water
S: I don't think I snacked today.

My bf just told me my face looks thin. I like that but wonder if I have a thin face and large body.:dunno:

Used co in my hair dry before I washed. I think I used too much but my hair is shiny and soft. It dried quicker ok! :clap:

Snowangel81598 03-03-2013 11:05 PM

Yesterday's menu:
B: coffew/ cream & CO
L: quesadilla on LC tortilla
D: crack slaw
S: decaf breve latte

Today's menu:

All bad. Had meetings and didn't know I'd need to plan snacks. Back on plan tomorrow.

Interesting about the CO in your hair. I've been thinking about trying that but haven't been brave enough yet. Glad to know it works. :)

pri17cess72 03-05-2013 11:41 AM

Monday (yesterday) menu and exercise

No exercise yesterday
B: Atkins shake coffee with HH and co
L: Cobb salad
D: chicken and green beans glass of wine
Water and met

pri17cess72 03-05-2013 11:43 AM

Monday 3/4/13 weigh in

Down 2lbs last week.

I also measured my stomach set week to use as a guide. Still have a swollen tummy from surg but it helps me know I'm losing weight and swelling is going down.

I hoe you have a great week! :)

pri17cess72 03-05-2013 10:17 PM

Hi there! You doing ok?

No exercise today.

B: 2hb eggs and a few salami slices with mustard. Coffee with HH and co
L: almonds protein bar 2 jerky sticks ( interesting lunch today)
D: chicken taco salad
Water all day and met

Snowangel81598 03-05-2013 11:18 PM

Hi. Yes, I'm fine. Just been busy and not home much.

Yesterday:
B:coffee w/ cream and CO, HB eggs
L: crack slaw, cheese
S: small slice guava cake
D: double cheeseburger (bunless, of course)

I did give in to a small piece of cake in celebration of my coworker returning to work after a heart attack. It made me hungrier than I normally would have been, but after dinner I was pretty much back to normal.

Today:
B:coffee w/ cream and CO, sausage links
L: salami & cream cheese rollups, tea
D: chicken wings w/ ranch, water
S: s/f choc ice cream

I have to be really careful about s/f ice cream. It tastes really good, but if I eat too much, I pay for it with intestinal distress.

I'm glad to hear that you are healing well and shrinking, too :) Keep up the good work!

Reta 03-06-2013 11:30 AM

Excuse me, I have a question for you. Are you on induction and working out? I thought working out would/could cause a stall. You don't seem to be stalling.

pri17cess72 03-06-2013 10:16 PM

I cannot think of what I had for breakfast so I will just say Atkins shake :dunno:

L: cheeseburger pro style ice tea
D: Atkins shake and 1/2 avocado met and water
S: cheese
Light walk today.

As far as exercising and stalling I'm not sure what the word is but yes I'm still losing a healthy amount each week. I do exercise to help my recovery from surgery so I don't have an option to not do it. They say ymmv so it's different for each individual.
I'm not necessarily on induction, but I would imagine my carbs range from less than 20 to 30g.

Hope that answered your question.

Angel, I'm going out of town this weekend starting tomorrow afternoon. Will be back Sunday so I may be absentee. Will check in quickly and as often as I can!

:)

Snowangel81598 03-06-2013 11:06 PM

B: coffee w/ cream & CO, sausage
L: pizza toppings, water
D: dreamfields spaghetti, water

They gave us pizza for lunch at work today and I managed to only eat the toppings and toss the crust of 4 pieces. Avoided the cookies, too. Yay, me!

Have fun this weekend! I'll keep posting, and I'll see you when I see you!

Snowangel81598 03-07-2013 11:00 PM

B: coffee w/ cream & CO
S: almonds, water
L: salami & cream cheese rollups, water
D: brocolli cheddar soup, water
S: cream cheese & peanut butter

I hope you are having a good time.

Snowangel81598 03-09-2013 10:12 PM

Yesterday:
S: almonds, water
L: salami & cream cheese rollups, tea
D: fish tacos, diet coke
S: s/f choc ice cream

Today:
L: eggs and sausage, water
D: chicken & butternut squash, water

I hope you are doing well and able to stay on plan where you are. It's quiet in here without you. ^_^

pri17cess72 03-10-2013 04:45 PM

Hello! I'm on my way home!!! We went to Disney for the weekend. Last little trip before I go back to work tomorrow.

I won't post all my menu but I did well. On plan the whole time. I packed a cooler for the car ride and hotel with all sorts of great snacks! So pleased with myself. Looking forward to my weigh in tomorrow morning.

I did not exercise all week but did do tons of walking fri and sat while in Disneyland.

It seems I have given up diet coke, unknowingly. I just don't crave it much anymore. So drinking lots of water and having my morning coffee is most of my beverage consumption.

Will be back to posting regularly! Glad you are still doing great! :)

pri17cess72 03-11-2013 10:20 PM

Long day!

Lost 2 lbs Aston week!

Menu
B: hb egg Atkins shake coffee with hh and co
L: Atkins shake water. Busy and didn't have too much time to eat
D: sashimi glass of wine
S: almonds, cheese and salami
Water all day met in am

I hope you are we'll and having a Great new week!

Snowangel81598 03-11-2013 11:20 PM

Another 2 lbs! :clap: That's great!

I'm glad to hear that your first day back to work went well.

I'm doing well. I noticed today that my tummy is smaller and less squishy. :D Makes me feel good to see some results.

B: coffee w/ cream & CO, sausage
L: omelet, tea
D: rotisserie chicken, green beans, squash, water

Snowangel81598 03-12-2013 11:22 PM

S: almonds
L: rotisserie chicken, green beans, squash casserole, tea
D: dreamfields w/ chicken and cream sauce, water

I've been hungry today. More than normal lately. I think that the squash casserole had too many carbs. Need to get back to my small appetite. I liked not thinking about eating all the time.

How was your day?

pri17cess72 03-12-2013 11:46 PM

Hi. Long day but good day!

I have noticed you don't eat much vs how much I eat! You must get a good dose of Ketosis being a natural appetite suppressant.
Are you still oil pulling?

B: hb egg Atkins shake coffee with co and hh
L: nocoise salad, water
D: ahi tuna with spinach, wine and water

pri17cess72 03-13-2013 10:14 PM

Busy day!

B: meat/veggie casserole coffee with hh and co water
L: salad water
D: cheese and half chicken sand lettuce wrap wine water
S: protein bar

pri17cess72 03-14-2013 11:27 PM

Another super busy day. Feeling a bit exhausted. How are you oing?

L: salami cheese strawberries and almonds water
D: chicken and beef kabob with salad water

Snowangel81598 03-15-2013 01:39 PM

Sorry I've been MIA. Busy days and out late so that I forget to post.

Yes, my appetite has been shrinking. Some days I feel like I don't hardly eat anything, but I don't feel deprived at all. I think the CO really helps that. I am still oil pulling. That may have something to do with it, too. I've noticed a difference in my teeth. Whiter and less sensitive.

How is work going? Looks like you are staying on plan.

I'll be back on later with menus. Just wanted to stop in while I was thinking about it.

pri17cess72 03-16-2013 10:36 AM

Thanks for checking in. I think I need to really try oil pulling. I'm not consistent. Other than oil pulling. How much co are you consuming a day? I think I'm averaging 1tbs. I think I read it should be closer to 3tbs?

Menu for Friday
B: leftover chicken coffee with co and HHS
L: bunless double cheeseburger and ice tea
D: sea bass with veggies wine.

I've noticed I'm drinking more wine. I need to slow that down. A glass is all I have a time but I think I've had 3 glasses this week.
Work is going well. I have a lot to do. It's exhausting physically at times. My Dr warned me. I need to find more balance in my schedule.

Today I'm going to sf to walk.

Have a great weekend!
:)

pri17cess72 03-16-2013 09:34 PM

You inspired me to oil pull! So I did today for 5 min or so. Will keep trying it.
Went to sf and walked 8 miles along the piers. Beautiful weather and had lunch at a place called Lou's.

B: Atkins shake salami coffee with HH and co
L: Cobb salad water
D: Atkins shake cheese water
S: almonds.

Snowangel81598 03-17-2013 03:40 PM

Sorry I didn't make it back in with my menus. I've been swamped. I'm getting ready to go with my daughter's class to outdoor school next week and there has been a lot to buy, plan pack, etc. We're leaving tomorrow, and my internet access is going to be limited. I'll try to check in.

I've been staying on plan. I've been eating the normal: coffe, cream, CO, eggs, almonds, chicken, veggies. Staying mostly away from soda and drinking tea and water.

As for CO, I take about 1.5 Tbsp every day (other than oil pulling). Now and then I use it in cooking, but not often. I don't measure, I just scoop with a large spoon. It might be closer to 2 Tbsp. I'm increasing slowly to avoid GI issues I experienced when I suddenly increased to 2 a day.

pri17cess72 03-17-2013 06:26 PM

Well keep doing a fantastic job on plan! Have fun next week and check in when you can, I will be here!

My tummy is a bit upset today. :(
I only got in a short walk about 1.3mi. At Tilden park. So beautiful there. Will post menu later. I wanted corn beef and cabbage but due to upset stomach I may skip that. :(

pri17cess72 03-17-2013 11:02 PM

Todays menu

B: meat/veggie casserole coffee a HH and co
L: boundless double cheeseburger ice tea
D: steak with broccolini water

pri17cess72 03-19-2013 10:05 PM

Hi. I hope you are having fun! :)

I didn't get to post my menu yesterday but I ate on plan and not a lot of food. I think I ate too little yesterday. I also want to up my carbs a bit.

Today
B: egg sausage sandwich no bun coffee with he and co
L: 1/2 Cobb salad water
D: Thai no rice water and ice tea

I've noticed since I've been back to work I'm not drinking enough water and not a lot of exercise on the weekdays. I'm getting exercise on weekends. I've got a lot of work to do so hopefully in 30 days my life will calm down! :)

pri17cess72 03-22-2013 08:38 AM

Hi. I'm still here not posting as much. So busy but on plan! I think you are back from your trip today! I hope you had a fabulous time! :)
My weight is slowing down grrrr. Think I need to shake things up a bit! :)