Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2013, 05:23 AM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
✫¸.•°*WIT's Celebrate Peskie & SmileyAmy's Birthday in March˜”*°•✫

WIT made simple
1) no hard * fast rules, we do "whatever it takes"
2) we have mini-challenges, not required, but participation encouraged (see our siggys at any given time)
3) for those in loss mode, our goal is losing weekly, doing "whatever it takes" & maintaining for those in maintenance
4) YOU tell US what you need to succeed & we provide it (encouragement, buttkicking, a true beating....) & vice versa
5) All welcome! Come on in!

It's very comparable to Calvinball. (in otherwords, anything goes because peskie says so & we’re not above making it up as we go along)

If somebody says it's "in the rules" and you can't find it here, don't be alarmed, some rules are hidden in the subsections. Just trust a WIT

Cuteness shall cover a multitude of sins. (good thing WIT's are cute)

WIT's are above getting sick unless it's required for getting out of bad things

Mini-challenges: lets make this easy-do what we tell you when we tell you

Yes..It is now required that people wave before leaving. Wendy is a lion--hear her be bossy.

Wendy'ism: Confusion about things that are not confusing, such as thinking of Massachusettes and Maryland as the SAME state while knowing that they're not.

awww = seaweeds
heehee stewskie = gerber streaker

subsection 11.6.208 dictates that if you wave, you must also talk. A wave by is unacceptable.

You must have 3 conversational posts after posting that you're leaving (bye #1, #2, #3 is not adequate) you are only exempt from this rule if you've posted at least 3 times with no response & at least 3 minutes since the last post, as evidence of an attempt not to leave and proof that everybody else left you, not vice versa.

sub section 3.28.1618 stewardship....friends of stews

foods you're not suppose to eat all have mold & maggots in it so leave it alone

black shoes are okay in summer as long as they sufficiently cute!
Wear sandals all summer and you'll be fine unless you have some cute open toed shoes and those will okay if I approve them first.
NOT patent leather, despite Wendys idea of a summer shoe

subsection to item 4 on the WIT rules for the smiley? That it can be used in any case of something approved of or to encourage, atta girl, OR even a real birthday when all other smileys have been exhausted, there is not an appropriate one or it is just otherwise deemed necessary or wanted

With time, women gain weight because we accumulate so much information and wisdom in our heads that when there is no more room, it distributes out to the rest of our bodies. So we aren't heavy, we are enormously cultured, educated & happy. Beginning today, when I look at my butt in the mirror I will think, Good grief....I'm so smart

we can agree to disagree!!!
Unless it's peskie, then you must agree. (in the rule book, ya know?)

peskie is allowed to talk in 3rd party talk.

If a snort escapes when trying to prevent laughing out loud, it’s called a snortlet.

Don’t feel guilty for playing here while at work, as long as you’re getting the job done.

Fluttering is wit wings cheering you on .

Halos don’t work for Tammy-Ro

It’s okay for peskie to steal smileys

page 9, par 1.fb
WIT's are solely responsible for requesting removal or addition to WIT mails at any given point

Page 12 para 4.12
"If you go away (unless it is a romantic getaway), you must find a hotel in advance with wireless connections and check in that way. If there is no hotel in the area with wireless, then you are going to a too remote location and that is not permitted".

page 25 para 1.4.4 on how to reset a circuit breaker....(insert running away smilie here)

Peskie add to the rule book under how to check a circut breaker....Getting rid of varmits 101....TIA ….choleric’s could graph his habit's and haunts for you, ask her...

Page 25 para 1.4.5 on how to change filter in AC. Also change once monthly during the summer season.

Chapter 2 para 1.1.2 Gains are water, losses are FAT!!! :

the rule book says unless you ask permission and there is not another WIT out you must check in at minimum daily Yes, it's in section II part A.

section 3, Part A, line 89 right after Gain = water Loss = fat

the only pounds that count as lost is the ones subtracted from starting weight and or siggy weight. So if I gain 3 and lose two I can;'t be claiming a 2 pound loss. I gotta claim a 1 pound gain. Making sure we are all on the same page. Losing pounds from a gain DO NOT COUNT. :trips and falls off soapbox::

I think no matter what type of program you're on, portion control has to be in there somewhere or you'll just keep losing the same lbs over and over. Ultimately we all have to learn that we don't NEED certain foods just because a particular program says we can have them. If they aren't good for us, we need to learn to live without them

rule 11.7.407 states stews is the boss of Wendy when it benefits peskie

You can’t really be a WIT unless you’re missing your sanity (peskie excluded, of course).

Wit’s aren’t “normal”

no no no, pictures don't lie EXCEPT when they make us look BIGGER than we are. there is no making us look smaller, nope nope. you are hot

It’s okay to call Lisa doody

ALL WITS ARE HOT PERIOD END OF STORY!

WIT’s are more important than work.

Section III.

Part A. 89. WITS always come first no matter what other obligation, appt, minor or major emergency you may have. Penalty for igorning this rule is major boot kicking from WIT on Boot-kicking duty. If said WIT in violation is offender then boot kicking will fall to volunteer WIT (s).

PM when you want to talk about someone!

Once a WIT always a WIT unless said WIT cuts ties voluntarily by publicly rejecting the WIT group. Then WIT status is revoked. And the recent amendment also adds that Peskie will get her scary spiky boots out, I will make the rounds in the WIT van and we will COME PERSONALLY TO YOUR DOOR to kick some sense back into you? So see you have no CHOICE in the matter. You're here to stay. That is all.

first duty of Pam and Landis is to check in with us when she gets to work? Okay, get the rule book out somebody.

“I may have to SHUT the computer down so I don't keep comin' back to it every few minutes though while getting things done around here, ” These words are against WIT principles and a direct violation of rule 1.25.355

Section 7.9.607
the new "Catch" diet! You throw your food up in the air, and you eat everything you can catch before it hits the floor! but throwing the plate is a complete violation of the rules! You can only throw the food, but you must throw the entire meal at the same time! You burn more calories that way!

The 2nd Monday of each August is official make it up as you go along day....everybody is challenged to add one rule to the book during normal conversations.

Landis gets the award for most rules during first challenge

Pam attends next WIT adventure.

Shopping counts as approved method of aerobic activity.

(Looks in the WIT rule book feverishly). Um lemme see yep whining is allowed!!!!

Is it sewious enough for a pm or can I be publically punished?

Only if it is about Landis. Rule book page 30 Para 3.4.1

2 wit's aren't allowed to be out at the same time!!

a good 5 second rule should be applied before anyone quotes me...

True Wits always check in because it says so in the rule book. (email counts!!!!)

no stinking test. It's not in the rule book Tammy-Ro

If you don’t check in while away, it will be awhile before you will get to go anywhere again

I have another new word to add to the rule book, please!

You know how sometimes a smile just has to turn into a giggle....I hereby deem that a "smiggle"!!!

I second the motion. :smiggle: I need a gavel....

89. WITS always come first no matter what other obligation, appointment, minor or major emergency you may have. Penalty for igorning this rule is major boot kicking from WIT on Boot-kicking duty. If said WIT in violation is offender then boot kicking will fall to volunteer WIT (s).

WITS have to come before Kimmer! Rule check please!

The scale is a tool, not a report card.

I sure am glad it's only a TOOL and does not rule my life! (This should be in the rulebook Peskie jus' sayin') The scales do NOT rule our lives

Yapping is encouraged...(Rule book addition please) sec 429

Again, we DO celebrate , clap for , high-five and sing victory songs for any WIT that succeeds no matter whether we can relate or not and we usually can relate anyway!!!

Landis is boss of self, and no one else. Except when RG and Peskie override simultaneously.

WITS feel better and have more energy when they exercise

I usually don't WANT the crap until I tell myself I can't have it and push myself to a time frame on hitting goal. Then I eat crap and binge and gain quickly. When I tell myself I CAN, I usually leave it alone. (unless it's a big craving and then it's actually worth it and I don't overeat it, but savor it and don't gain anyway

Odd work schedules need to be in the siggys, so we can “keep up” landis says so.

I suggested we change the word "cheat" to "carbed up" in the rule book. Seconded on 1/6/2006

don't regret the gain. Don't KICK ME!!

The important thing is fessing up, giving and getting support and not let a slip be the end all of my weight loss for the rest of my life. I'm probably gonna cheat again but not for a long time. Oh and another thing I am not saying cheat anymore. It is forever known from this minute forward as uping my Carb intake!!!! (Peskie could you add this to the rule book under gaining is water? Thanks.)

read the book. It will be very difficult to be successful on low carb without reading the book of your plan of choice.

Page 59 para 6.9
If you have a dream/passion you should go for it, it IS possible but only if you want it BAD!

Page 62 para 11.1.2
When landis does not want to eat something weird is going on (Peskie add to rule book)

We come before feeding the family. In the rule book, page 250.

once you get your SSP you let the person know who sent it that you got it and to email you too. Once everyone has their SSP we do a reveal. It's in the rule book already

Pam is the leader in our verbage.... She earns a crown for that.

Page 283 para 12.3.4
200 calories at 2 pm is NOT the way to lose weight

If you ate what you wanted and are not hungry that's one thing (200 calories or not--I do not take issue with calorie restrictions) but you're hungry so obviously you haven't eaten enough.

Des…bah, bad mojo. I always said if I ever stalled I would kick up my cardio and/or switch things around depending on what I had been doing. Well that's what I've finally done. Added Easter per Tammy-Ro

Robin is who to go to when you want diet advice on ANY plan I am a tellin' you! She is da bomb! not ANY plan...just kimmers plans, atkins, CAD, Stillmans, fasting and some WW.......but atkins atkins atkins she knows backwards and forwards.......

South Beach, PP. Neanderthin, LFL, and the rest she dunno diddly squat.....

wipes sweat off brow as remembers addition of this to rule book quite sometime back

Don't beat yourself up. Once you know where it went wrong, you have the power not to repeat the same mistake again….Maria

Racing is for WIT’s. You don't have to actually know anything about it. Just yell Biffle or Cutie Butt now and then and pick a car you like that has pretty colors to root for

Peskie, addition to the rule book although it may already be in there. "No WIT is allowed to brag on something without giving at least the important details".

Reminder to landis
I can't wait to go to the gym again
Did I REALLY just say that? I'm terrible sick I just know it

You need to find out what works for YOUR body

Issue 5.21.285
any differences be kept between the parties with a difference and nobody else brought into it.

Peskie is allowed to talk to herself as much as she wants to.

Anything that let's peskie do something other than the normal activities, learn something new and get outside her little world is on the allowed list.
What's work interfered stuff? I thought that was against the rules (as Maria caught on quick and added this)

Rule 5.28.974
as long as u quote u are always on topic

Being to blame isn't always a bad thing. You have lots of entertainment value.

Break big goals into small tasks….a little at a time. It builds up to success!

New addition to WIT rule book: NAPS are always allowed and encouraged without prior planning or negative ramifications of any sort. Period.

True friendship doesn't give up

Page 5.25. para 1444
Always blame it on the peep that is not here! Put that in the rules please.

RG made sense once, but messed it up by saying that needed to be in the rule book. That makes no sense.

To lose one pound, in lieu of dieting, hit refresh button 6 million times

Those that don't learn history are doomed to repeat it

For maximum cute factor, lean forward, tongue in roof of mouth

if dh is home so I should be too (stews and all), regardless of how much time just taken off

page 2.19 par 2999 Once the avatar has been changed, I have to leave. new rule I just made up that only applies once. wcwendy

root beer is the new energy drink

addendum 123.5.62
negative posts must be offset with positivity

WIT's should participate in celebrating victories as much as supporting needs

WIT's have book addictions

WIT's rule, work 2nd

skipping meals can and often leads to binging later.

Positivity counts!

women gain a lot of times during the premenopausal times and post and how it's just sort of a "given" that it will happen. However, some women do NOT do it but keep their weight under control their whole lives though it is definitely more difficult. Why should I just accept that it's a part of life? I don't want to and WILL NOT accept this. Just like being on certain kinds of medicines can contribute to gaining. Some people do not gain in spite of that. No it may not be EASY but few things in life worth having are.

Indies and keeping up aren't required, but don't ask for recaps....others have to read twice that way

It's all about our choices....each decision leads to consequences, whether positive or negative and we have the power to control those choices, they just become more difficult in certain circumstances, not impossible

ADHD is contagious….tread lightly

Never EVER forget to title the WIT thread after Chewie when it's her birthday week. Consequences are banishment from the thread for a time period to be decided by current boss of thread unless it's Lucy and she is so ADD that it is excused.

The only consistent rule is that Calvinball may never be played with the same rules twice. Scoring is also arbitrary, with Hobbes reporting scores of "Q to 12" and "oogy to boogy
Current 12/7: 98.0
Goal: healtHy and fit
DisneyPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2013, 05:25 AM   #2

image.jpg

Hope you have a wonderful day peskie!
Old 03-01-2013, 05:30 AM   #3
princess peskironi WIT

Gallery: Peskie
Stats: eek!
WOE: whatever it takes to be a good, energetic mommy!!
Start Date: 11/12/03 goal 7/11/05, crash, burn, restart again!
thank you

Can we edit the title for Amy, we don't change the thread again before her birthday
Peskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:37 AM   #4
The Potty Mouth WIT

Gallery: SmileyAmy
Stats: 267/218.5/Healthy!
WOE: Watching calories!

Happy Birthday Princess Peskie Pie!!!! I hope you have a wonderful, amazing, first birthday as a momma!!!

Last edited by SmileyAmy; 03-01-2013 at 05:41 AM..
SmileyAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:41 AM   #5
The Potty Mouth WIT

Dear Lord...why is every single pic I post GIGANTIC!?!?!? I've tried like 6.
Old 03-01-2013, 05:47 AM   #6
The Potty Mouth WIT

Thats better!! Sheesh!!! LOL

Sorry I didn't pop on last night. We ate and early dinner and then went out for a bit. Got home at about 8:30 and then was running around doing things.

Tonight is Dr. Suess night at Sara's school. So we're going there. You walk around to all the classrooms where different teachers etc are are different Dr. Suess book. You switch like every 15 minutes. It was fun last year - Sara is looking forward to it.
Old 03-01-2013, 05:49 AM   #7
The Potty Mouth WIT

Oh... Stews, I didn't exercise last night like I said. Cuz we ended up going out. That was a last minute thing. I told Sara that I had planned on doing Just Dance with her last night - and she says "There is always a tomorrow, Mumma. You can do it tomorrow." Such a smart girl. LOL
Old 03-01-2013, 05:55 AM   #8
princess peskironi WIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmileyAmy View Post
Thats better!! Sheesh!!! LOL

Sorry I didn't pop on last night. We ate and early dinner and then went out for a bit. Got home at about 8:30 and then was running around doing things.

Tonight is Dr. Suess night at Sara's school. So we're going there. You walk around to all the classrooms where different teachers etc are are different Dr. Suess book. You switch like every 15 minutes. It was fun last year - Sara is looking forward to it.
I'm fuzzy this morning. I totally read that as sorry I didn't POOP last night
Old 03-01-2013, 05:59 AM   #9
The Potty Mouth WIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peskie View Post
Awww Peskie...your eyes are always the first to go.

Old 03-01-2013, 06:13 AM   #10

Quote:

Kyle slept until 9am! That's what happens when he doesn't nap at daycare. We are having a half lazy morning here since we don't leave until 2. Gotta finish packing, change the liter and vacuum but that's it.

Oh, and go ahead and change the thread, I didn't realize sorry!!!
Old 03-01-2013, 06:53 AM   #11
Random WIT

Gallery: stews
Stats: 240/185.4/135
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 4/5/14 @223.8 lbs.
HAPPY Birthday, PESKIE! It's YOUR day...today, its ALL about YOU!!! remember that all day long and remind anyone that needs that reminding

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess View Post

Kyle slept until 9am! That's what happens when he doesn't nap at daycare. We are having a half lazy morning here since we don't leave until 2. Gotta finish packing, change the liter and vacuum but that's it.

Oh, and go ahead and change the thread, I didn't realize sorry!!!
have a wonderful trip! I'm glad you get to go.

we probably will have to ask one of the Admins to change the title. I don't think we can do it ourselves, can we?
stews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:56 AM   #12
Random WIT

I had a hard time getting out of bed again. its like that the mornings dh has worked the night before. I want to lay there till he gets home even though that isn't possible since I have to leave about the time he gets home or before, lol.

I only have a few minutes before I need to make sure I'm ready to go, then see what the little felons have in store for me today.

no plans this afternoon really. maybe some cardio if I can figure out how to do it without making my toe worse. one way or another I WILL do something tomorrow for cardio. don't know what but I will figure something out no later than tomorrow. dh has the next 4 days off, I think. I'm thinking about taking him out to dinner tonight. it would be a gift for him but a gift for me too because I won't have to come up with something for dinner then .
Old 03-01-2013, 08:12 AM   #13
princess peskironi WIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by stews View Post
HAPPY Birthday, PESKIE! It's YOUR day...today, its ALL about YOU!!! remember that all day long and remind anyone that needs that reminding

have a wonderful trip! I'm glad you get to go.

we probably will have to ask one of the Admins to change the title. I don't think we can do it ourselves, can we?
Char Bear and I watch that cartoon together sometimes
Old 03-01-2013, 08:13 AM   #14
princess peskironi WIT

Quote:

BRAT!!!

Your day is coming!
Old 03-01-2013, 08:35 AM   #15

I probably won't be around as much the next 2 weeks. Ill try to check in daily though. Just waiting on dh to get home and we are going to go. It's been a long morning!
Old 03-01-2013, 01:04 PM   #16
The Potty Mouth WIT

Where is everyone? Sheesh? LOL

Peskie, how is your day so far? Any special plans?

Stews, I do dinners like that. Special for Sara but more special because I don't have to cook. LOL

Jackie, enjoy your trip!! We'll miss you.

So, Sara's teacher emails me (because yet again she forgot to send the behavior book home that we made) to let me know that today was an ok day - she worked quietly -but she seemed to have a lot of energy and that she was very wiggle. Ummmmm...ya think?? What was she just diagnosed with? ADHD?? And you're surprised she's wiggly?? Dear Lord...sometimes this teacher makes me

Heading out in a bit for the evening. If for some reason I don't get back on here, have a great night.

Caylee Marie...you have a place in my heart forever.
Old 03-01-2013, 01:53 PM   #17
princess peskironi WIT

cleaned house this morning, social workers visited this afternoon to check on the baby and make sure all was well.

They gave us 5 stars on our parenting

They left about 4 and we're headed to dinner soon I think
Old 03-01-2013, 01:56 PM   #18
Random WIT

I was at work but I'm home now. just had a small lunch. think I might need a cup of coffee next . I just told dh I'm taking him out to dinner so I wanted a light lunch. so far my menu today:
*whey protein shake (not a full scoop, even)
* lc energy drink
*steel cut oats cooked with blueberries/cinnamon served with a splash of HWC

I'm having prime rib for dinner and whatever comes with it
Old 03-01-2013, 01:57 PM   #19
Random WIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess View Post
I probably won't be around as much the next 2 weeks. Ill try to check in daily though. Just waiting on dh to get home and we are going to go. It's been a long morning!
that's no excuse. get in here and chat with us! KIDDING!!! enjoy your time with your family. we'll take ya whenever we can get ya
Old 03-01-2013, 01:57 PM   #20
Random WIT

Quote:
cleaned house this morning, social workers visited this afternoon to check on the baby and make sure all was well.

They gave us 5 stars on our parenting

They left about 4 and we're headed to dinner soon I think
awesome!!!! where you going for dinner?
Old 03-01-2013, 01:58 PM   #21
Random WIT

wait...what? Sara is Wiggly? that just won't do. as someone that works with kids I'll take wiggly if they are being quiet and at least trying to hold it together. glad she had an okay day
Old 03-01-2013, 02:00 PM   #22
princess peskironi WIT

Quote:
wait...what? Sara is Wiggly? that just won't do. as someone that works with kids I'll take wiggly if they are being quiet and at least trying to hold it together. glad she had an okay day
my kid is super wiggly

it's part of her charm

Old 03-01-2013, 02:01 PM   #23
princess peskironi WIT

Quote:
awesome!!!! where you going for dinner?
El Ranchito

DH asked where I wanted to go for dinner for my bday and Char Bear said "gee, I wonder, El Something or another"

(also her favorite place, so it works out well, lol)
Old 03-01-2013, 02:09 PM   #24
Random WIT

LOL! funny. Enjoy!
Old 03-01-2013, 04:13 PM   #25
Random WIT

looks like we are going to go to a play tonight probably too.

and dh just booked a couple nights in a cabin in Oregon during spring break. its near a bunch of waterfalls to hike to and around.
Old 03-02-2013, 05:45 AM   #26
princess peskironi WIT

love seeing me and SmileyAmy on the same thread title
Old 03-02-2013, 07:41 AM   #27
Random WIT

me too!

I ate chocolates last night . dinner was SO good, then we went to a weird play at the high school down the road. then home and watched some dvr'd tv. dh finely opened his box of chocolates and we shared some. he's lucky I didn't open it myself when he was working last week, LOL! I've wanted it for 2 weeks now. anyway, considering we ate out, then had chocolates late at night I am only up about a pound from my low. that's not bad, I think.

no big plans today. dh is going to a big auction here that the radio station puts on once a year. I was going to go with him but I think I might stay home. he is afraid I'll be bored and if he is worried about me being bored he isn't going to enjoy himself really. I could go and if I get bored leave and dh could call when he's ready to be picked up but I also am thinking maybe it would be a good idea to give my toe a break from having a shoe press on it. the auction is big and will could take quite awhile plus the walking around before hand looking at everything, may be best just to stay home. I'm torn because I really do want to go with him but its probably best I don't. I also need to figure out how to get some cardio in without wearing a shoe, lol.

anyway, I did change the bandaid on it this morning and used some antibiotic ointment on it. maybe I'll try and do that a few times through the day. its not infected but I am hoping it will help it to heal faster. its worth a try. I really want it to be completely healed fast so I can do my treadmill or walk outside. we are going to do a lot of hiking for a couple days during spring break and I one...need my toe healed or I won't be able to and 2...I would like to be able to walk some hills before hand (as much as I hate that) to help be a little more ready for the hiking.

Last edited by stews; 03-02-2013 at 07:46 AM..
Old 03-02-2013, 09:11 AM   #28

we made it in at about 3am. Kids did great. Kyle was up almost the whole ride and then only slept 4 hours last night. Both kids are napping now. I'm exhausted.

Yesterday went good with WW. I tracked on the road and am keeping within my points.

Hanging out with family today and just visiting. It's COLD!!
Old 03-02-2013, 11:49 AM   #29
The Potty Mouth WIT

Hiya everyone...

Stews, nice quiet days at home are nice. And DH is enjoying himself too. So yay for you both!

Peskie... I know. Thats why I'm afraid about meds. Her energy is part of her charm. I'm afraid she'll be so different.

Jackie, good job on tracking!!! Glad you arrived safely!

So, last night I had a slipup and at like 5 mini donuts. It was "only" 250 calories, but it wasn't needed or planned and I didn't stop at one.

So today I'm trying to be extra good. We planned on having cheeseburgers for dinner, but instead I'm having these:

They are actually pretty good. I highly suggest them! It definitely isn't a CHEESEBURGER, but are a great alternative.

I've also had these:

We got some plain greek yogurt and put some salt, pepper and mushed up garlic mixture on it. It was really good.

Tomorrow instead of sausage, I'm trying their sausage patty.

Anyway.... Try them. They are goooooood.
Old 03-02-2013, 11:52 AM   #30
Random WIT

good plan for the day, Amy. dh came back from the auction. decided there wasn't anything he wanted to stick around for. but then he left to town about 40 min. away for a gun show.

I got 45 min. elliptical done. had to wear flip flops which felt weird but at least I could get a good cardio work out in. I haven't done cardio all week because of my toe but at least I got my weight workouts all in this week.