Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2013, 03:09 PM   #241
Random WIT

Gallery: stews
Stats: 240/181/135
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 4/5/14 @223.8 lbs.
I'm back. doc thinks I probably have diverticulitis. He put me on a liquid diet until the pain is gone. so all that yummy produce I posted a picture of? I have to wait to eat any of it. I was SO looking forward to cutting into the pineapple. it looks and smells delicious. oh well, guess it will still be good in a few days (hopefully, I'll be able to eat normal by then, I really hope).
stews is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2013, 04:21 PM   #242
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
I've never heard if that stews. I had to look it up. Sounds painful I hope you feel better

I'm in a rotten mood. Dh rushed home room bowling this morning because of a softball tournament. He told me nothing about this. Ok, no biggie, we weren't doing anything until after nap. I get a call at 3:00 that there is another game at 5pm. WTH?!? He knew if be upset so he didn't tell me I think. He is now pplaying softball twice a week, practicing once a week and paying hockey. I don't want to tell him not to but we are never going to see him
Current 12/7: 98.0
Goal: healtHy and fit
DisneyPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 04:31 PM   #243
Random WIT

ah, I'm sorry, DP. can you take the kids and enjoy some of the games with the kids watching Daddy? I know Stella won't watch yet but on nice days it might be something that could help a little. I'm sorry you are feeling that way.

and yeah, I hurt pretty bad. the doc didn't do an exray at this time but he did say that everything points to that being the problem. he did do a urine test to rule out kidney stone and that test looked like its unlikely a stone. He said because I'm not running a high fever (I had a low grade one last night but not this morning) that he doesn't THINK I'll need antibiotics. that he thinks the liquid diet will flush it out but he did give me a prescription of antibiotics in case I get worse or don't get better in a few days. He told me to just hold on to them and call before I start taking them so they are aware of what is going on. He did give me pain killers but that is a 2 edged sword too. they help with pain but they can cause constipation which isn't going to help the diverticulitis clear up. I told him I'll just use them if I really need to, like if the pain is not allowing me to sleep at night. HOPEFULLY a day or 2 of liquid diet will get me back to normal.

this morning wasn't TERRIBLE. not good but I wasn't like last night but right now its kind of hurting more again. this is NO fun! and of course I want to eat...because I can't, LOL
Old 03-23-2013, 06:56 PM   #244

I took them the other day and I will take them when the games are early enough. 8:00 games are out because it'll run way past bed time. It just seems he's never home. He didn't get home until 8:30 tonight. He was playing for 8 hours
Old 03-23-2013, 07:18 PM   #245
Random WIT

yeah, that would be hard that late with young kids, especially on a regular basis. *hugs* sorry you are missing him not being around much. i'd feel the same if I were you.
Old 03-24-2013, 06:25 AM   #246

Thanks stews. I just keep telling myself its probably only for a few weeks if we get orders out of here. And at least now it's warming up and light out in the evenings so we aren't stuck in the house. Kyle will play outside for hours.

I woke up with Kyle this morning and dh is still in bed with Stella. He'll owe me a morning to sleep.

I think we are going to take the kids to see the Easter bunny today. It's rainy and miserable though and I'd love to stay in my Pjs all day!

Eating is at least going well, though I'm struggling with the slow losses. I'm really hoping for a good weigh in next week since I'm running again and I'm not eating out like I was. I'm scared to even think about pulling my shorts out!
Old 03-24-2013, 09:30 AM   #247
princess peskironi WIT

Gallery: Peskie
Stats: eek!
WOE: whatever it takes to be a good, energetic mommy!!
Start Date: 11/12/03 goal 7/11/05, crash, burn, restart again!
Char Bear saw the Easter Bunny Friday. Her and daddy went to the mall to the arcade and saw the bunny there and stopped for a pic, total unprepared, so not dressed in her Easter stuff, but the funny thing was her wearing a shirt with a bunny rabbit on it
Peskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:35 AM   #248
princess peskironi WIT

I was pleased with the local bunny. The local bunny must've been the real one, he/she was funny. The local mall always has a fake Santa so we weren't prepared for pics, not realizing the real one would be in town

Super cute!
Old 03-24-2013, 05:16 PM   #249

It was cute! Our bunny was creepy.

I'm in a bad mood
Old 03-24-2013, 05:41 PM   #250
Blabbermouth!!!

Location: Depends...under the blistering sun w/humidity or in a snowdrift...depends on the season
Gallery: Kim in MN
Stats: 294/---/170
Start Date: 10/1/2014....again.....
I've got to figure out how to deal with weekends better! I've been off-plan, binging since Friday night. I'm going to start journaling and I found a book that I bought a few years ago "100 Days of Weightloss". I'm going to start reading it tonight and do the exercises in the book.

Friday night I went and saw a movie -- "Identity Thief. I enjoyed it -- along with the popcorn I had. I went to a benefit yesterday for a co-worker fighting cancer. It was held at a bar/restaurant not far from my house. There was a really good turn-out so I hope there was a lot of money raised. I didn't win anything I bought raffle tickets for, but still had a good time socializing with co-workers and friends.

Today has been the normal Sunday routine -- grocery shopping, cooking and organizing for the week, and laundry. I roasted a turkey breast for easy eating this week. I picked up an assortment of extra-thinly sliced cheeses for turkey/cheese roll-ups for lunches this week. My goals for meals this week will be very K.I.S.S. -- keep it simple stupid. No casseroles or rich recipes. I've got fresh romaine hearts, ranch, jalapeno ranch, frozen skinny green beans, fresh broccoli, ground beef, salmon, tilapia, eggs, sausage and a few other staples. I really need to look at food as being fuel for my body and not as such of an obsession.

I finally figured out what I'm going to make for a vegetable dish to bring on Easter. I watched Trisha Yearwood's cooking show yesterday and she made Asparagus Bundles -- fresh asparagus bundled together with bacon as the wrapper. You make a sauce with butter, brown sugar, soy sauce and garlic to drizzle over the top before oven roasting. I'm going to make the sauce with Splenda Brown Sugar -- which is a combination of Splenda and regular brown sugar. It won't be completely sugar free, but a better choice than making scalloped corn or green bean casserole.

I'm looking forward to making a fresh start tomorrow morning. It's going to be a crazy busy week at work with me doing my job and added responsibilities of my PM who is in Florida this week with his family. But, I need accountability and will MAKE time to check it with the WITs!!
Kim in MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:41 PM   #251
Random WIT

kim, I think I have that book too. pretty sure I do, anyway.

sorry you are in a bad mood, DP.

I'm not feeling great but the pain is better. not gone but better. i'm tired of liquids and I don't like how i feel when that's all I consume. blah! hope the pain is gone tomorrow so I can start adding in real food again, but right now I'm wondering if I'm not going to be quite ready
Old 03-25-2013, 06:37 AM   #252

Morning. Mood isn't much better and it doesn't help that I'm stuck home until I get inspected. I'm technically opened so I have to act like it. I'm hoping she comes today so I can just get it over with
Old 03-25-2013, 06:37 AM   #253
The Potty Mouth WIT

Gallery: SmileyAmy
Stats: 267/218.5/Healthy!
WOE: Watching calories!
On my cell, so only skimmed...I will try and catch up when I get home from my interview.

Can you all please send positive vibes to me around 10:00? I'm very nervous. I feel good about it...but there my be three other applicants who feel the same. I just need this...and want it. It's been almost 5 months.
SmileyAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 06:58 AM   #254
Random WIT

You got it, Amy.

Dp, hope you get the inspection soon.
Old 03-25-2013, 07:51 AM   #255

Thanks stews. How are you feeling?

Amy!
Old 03-25-2013, 08:06 AM   #256
Random WIT

lousy. the severe pain is gone but work could be interesting today.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:46 AM   #257
Blabbermouth!!!

Location: Depends...under the blistering sun w/humidity or in a snowdrift...depends on the season
Amy -- GOOD THOUGHTS!!! I'm guessing you are either in the middle of or through with the interview now -- it's 10:40AM your time (I think).

Stews -- Sorry you're still not feeling well. Praying for an easy(ier) day at work for you.

Jackie - Sorry you're in a foul mood and I hope your inspection goes well & soon.

I forgot my 100 Days of Weightloss book at home so will have to wait and do the daily exercise until I get home. I've got my lunch packed and dinner planned so food should go well today. I also forgot my Fitbit.

Today's meals:
B: sausage patties
L: turkey & cojack cheese roll-ups
D: cheeseburger patty & steamed broccoli w/butter
Old 03-25-2013, 11:20 AM   #258
Blabbermouth!!!

Switched up my lunch a bit. Had the cheese for a mid-morning snack and ran down to the cafeteria and got a side of green beans w/mushrooms to add to my turkey.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:32 AM   #259
The Potty Mouth WIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess View Post
No one checked in yesterday I'm so sad

Morning. Cold one here but me and Stella are going to bundle up and run while dh takes Kyle to bowling. We are taking the kids to meet the Easter bunny this weekend. Stella is going to hate it

Doing good and on plan though a little discouraged with my weight the last few days. I'm so heavy for me and I hate it. I want to be in my smaller clothes now
I hear ya Jackie...I'm struggling. Got on the scale Friday only to see a gain and it just made me for the rest of the weekend. I ate horrible on Saturday. HORRIBLE...

So yesterday I practically ate nothing to make up for it. Scale was "ok" this morning. Going to eat light today - but not nearly as light as yesterday. LOL I was starved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stews View Post
back from picking up my produce!

this was the conventional pack this time .
Oh my goodness...that looks really good!

Quote:
Oh yum stews!
Sorry you are hurting so bad

Ran 4 miles this morning

Quote:
I'm back. doc thinks I probably have diverticulitis. He put me on a liquid diet until the pain is gone. so all that yummy produce I posted a picture of? I have to wait to eat any of it. I was SO looking forward to cutting into the pineapple. it looks and smells delicious. oh well, guess it will still be good in a few days (hopefully, I'll be able to eat normal by then, I really hope).
I've never heard of that either. Stupid question...can you make all that fruit etc into shakes and eat that - or is that not liquid enough??

Quote:
I've never heard if that stews. I had to look it up. Sounds painful I hope you feel better

I'm in a rotten mood. Dh rushed home room bowling this morning because of a softball tournament. He told me nothing about this. Ok, no biggie, we weren't doing anything until after nap. I get a call at 3:00 that there is another game at 5pm. WTH?!? He knew if be upset so he didn't tell me I think. He is now pplaying softball twice a week, practicing once a week and paying hockey. I don't want to tell him not to but we are never going to see him
I know Adam is a Marine...but want me to bust him in the neck for ya?

Quote:
ah, I'm sorry, DP. can you take the kids and enjoy some of the games with the kids watching Daddy? I know Stella won't watch yet but on nice days it might be something that could help a little. I'm sorry you are feeling that way.

and yeah, I hurt pretty bad. the doc didn't do an exray at this time but he did say that everything points to that being the problem. he did do a urine test to rule out kidney stone and that test looked like its unlikely a stone. He said because I'm not running a high fever (I had a low grade one last night but not this morning) that he doesn't THINK I'll need antibiotics. that he thinks the liquid diet will flush it out but he did give me a prescription of antibiotics in case I get worse or don't get better in a few days. He told me to just hold on to them and call before I start taking them so they are aware of what is going on. He did give me pain killers but that is a 2 edged sword too. they help with pain but they can cause constipation which isn't going to help the diverticulitis clear up. I told him I'll just use them if I really need to, like if the pain is not allowing me to sleep at night. HOPEFULLY a day or 2 of liquid diet will get me back to normal.

this morning wasn't TERRIBLE. not good but I wasn't like last night but right now its kind of hurting more again. this is NO fun! and of course I want to eat...because I can't, LOL
Yeah... Pain killers make me nervous. Even after my gallbladder surgery years ago, I only took them for a couple days - and really only at night.

Quote:
I took them the other day and I will take them when the games are early enough. 8:00 games are out because it'll run way past bed time. It just seems he's never home. He didn't get home until 8:30 tonight. He was playing for 8 hours
Again...want me to handle him?

Quote:
Thanks stews. I just keep telling myself its probably only for a few weeks if we get orders out of here. And at least now it's warming up and light out in the evenings so we aren't stuck in the house. Kyle will play outside for hours.

I woke up with Kyle this morning and dh is still in bed with Stella. He'll owe me a morning to sleep.

I think we are going to take the kids to see the Easter bunny today. It's rainy and miserable though and I'd love to stay in my Pjs all day!

Eating is at least going well, though I'm struggling with the slow losses. I'm really hoping for a good weigh in next week since I'm running again and I'm not eating out like I was. I'm scared to even think about pulling my shorts out!
I tooooooootally get ya, sistah! Totally... I feel like everything is coming off so slow. And then it goes up for no apparent reason. But slow and steady, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peskie View Post
I was pleased with the local bunny. The local bunny must've been the real one, he/she was funny. The local mall always has a fake Santa so we weren't prepared for pics, not realizing the real one would be in town

Super cute!
So, C still believes??

Quote:
It was cute! Our bunny was creepy.

I'm in a bad mood
I think we have the same bunny here...creepy...I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in MN View Post
I've got to figure out how to deal with weekends better! I've been off-plan, binging since Friday night. I'm going to start journaling and I found a book that I bought a few years ago "100 Days of Weightloss". I'm going to start reading it tonight and do the exercises in the book.

Friday night I went and saw a movie -- "Identity Thief. I enjoyed it -- along with the popcorn I had. I went to a benefit yesterday for a co-worker fighting cancer. It was held at a bar/restaurant not far from my house. There was a really good turn-out so I hope there was a lot of money raised. I didn't win anything I bought raffle tickets for, but still had a good time socializing with co-workers and friends.

Today has been the normal Sunday routine -- grocery shopping, cooking and organizing for the week, and laundry. I roasted a turkey breast for easy eating this week. I picked up an assortment of extra-thinly sliced cheeses for turkey/cheese roll-ups for lunches this week. My goals for meals this week will be very K.I.S.S. -- keep it simple stupid. No casseroles or rich recipes. I've got fresh romaine hearts, ranch, jalapeno ranch, frozen skinny green beans, fresh broccoli, ground beef, salmon, tilapia, eggs, sausage and a few other staples. I really need to look at food as being fuel for my body and not as such of an obsession.

I finally figured out what I'm going to make for a vegetable dish to bring on Easter. I watched Trisha Yearwood's cooking show yesterday and she made Asparagus Bundles -- fresh asparagus bundled together with bacon as the wrapper. You make a sauce with butter, brown sugar, soy sauce and garlic to drizzle over the top before oven roasting. I'm going to make the sauce with Splenda Brown Sugar -- which is a combination of Splenda and regular brown sugar. It won't be completely sugar free, but a better choice than making scalloped corn or green bean casserole.

I'm looking forward to making a fresh start tomorrow morning. It's going to be a crazy busy week at work with me doing my job and added responsibilities of my PM who is in Florida this week with his family. But, I need accountability and will MAKE time to check it with the WITs!!
Dear lord...that asparagus dish sounds SO good!!! If you have it, let us know how it is. Or maybe you shouldn't let us know. We may wanna eat it! LOL

I'm struggling with weekends too. Especially when my boyfriend is around. We were so bad this weekend. SO bad...

I'm taking my DD to the movies on Friday I think. I'm going to have popcorn...because its a mortal sin to not have popcorn at the movies. Haha!!

Quote:
Morning. Mood isn't much better and it doesn't help that I'm stuck home until I get inspected. I'm technically opened so I have to act like it. I'm hoping she comes today so I can just get it over with
Any sign of her? That stinks that you are tied to home. At least its a lazy day I guess.

Quote:
lousy. the severe pain is gone but work could be interesting today.
Good luck! Hope today isn't too bad!

Quote:
Amy -- GOOD THOUGHTS!!! I'm guessing you are either in the middle of or through with the interview now -- it's 10:40AM your time (I think).

Stews -- Sorry you're still not feeling well. Praying for an easy(ier) day at work for you.

Jackie - Sorry you're in a foul mood and I hope your inspection goes well & soon.

I forgot my 100 Days of Weightloss book at home so will have to wait and do the daily exercise until I get home. I've got my lunch packed and dinner planned so food should go well today. I also forgot my Fitbit.

Today's meals:
B: sausage patties
L: turkey & cojack cheese roll-ups
D: cheeseburger patty & steamed broccoli w/butter
Good job with your food for today! It all sounds yummy!!!!

Caylee Marie...you have a place in my heart forever.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:35 AM   #260
The Potty Mouth WIT

So, interview went well. Long...but well. I'm hoping long is a good sign. They said they should have a decision tomorrow or Wednesday. I'm really hoping I get this. Ugg...

Now I'm just waiting for Sara to get home from school. I HATE Monday homework. Hopefully its not too bad tonight. Also going to meet an old coworker for dinner. Already planned what I'm having, so I'll be OP.

Also her darn teacher was supposed to send home info on a project that is due just before April vacation, on Thursday. Did it come home? Nope. Did it come home Friday? Nope. So that is FOUR days we lost out on getting some work done. Seriously - it better come home today or I'm gonna email her. That lady makes me crazy.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:41 AM   #261

Please come take care of him Amy! Lol. I'm just annoyed and he has no clue why. I didn't even gt an apology for not coming home until 8pm Saturday. He acted like it was totally normal. Boys

The good thing is that next weekend he is going to a hockey tournament out of town so I'm taking the kids to visit and stay with my BFF for the weekend. It's going to be a rough drive with just me and the kids but it'll be worth it to get away.

No inspection today and now I'm closed. I'm only opened until 1:00 until further notice. We went on a short walk and made an Easter bunny craft so we kept busy
Nap time now

My fingers are crossed for the interview!

Good luck with the 100 days of weight loss Kim! Pass us on some tips please!
Old 03-25-2013, 11:45 AM   #262
The Potty Mouth WIT

I'm on my way Jackie with my Kung Fu chop to the neck! *hiiiiiiiiyyyyaaaa*
Old 03-25-2013, 02:50 PM   #263

Ha ha thanks. You better hurry, he leaves for hockey in an hour
Old 03-25-2013, 05:51 PM   #264
Random WIT

Quote:
thank you. today was "ok" at work. not as good as it should have been with a smaller number of students (for various reasons) but oh well. I have a feeling tomorrow will be a very challenging day with my little felons. so not looking forward to it. guess I'll start the countdown to Friday's early release and the start of spring break .

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmileyAmy View Post
Oh my goodness...that looks really good!

looks good to me too. hopefully can actually eat some soon, lol

I've never heard of that either. Stupid question...can you make all that fruit etc into shakes and eat that - or is that not liquid enough??

I probably could have if I made it on the runny side, but I was afraid I wouldn't be able to get the fruit blended smooth enough so I was afraid to try it yet. hopefully I can start eating regular food in the next day or so...really hoping!

Yeah... Pain killers make me nervous. Even after my gallbladder surgery years ago, I only took them for a couple days - and really only at night.

Again...want me to handle him?

Quote:
So, interview went well. Long...but well. I'm hoping long is a good sign. They said they should have a decision tomorrow or Wednesday. I'm really hoping I get this. Ugg...

Now I'm just waiting for Sara to get home from school. I HATE Monday homework. Hopefully its not too bad tonight. Also going to meet an old coworker for dinner. Already planned what I'm having, so I'll be OP.

Also her darn teacher was supposed to send home info on a project that is due just before April vacation, on Thursday. Did it come home? Nope. Did it come home Friday? Nope. So that is FOUR days we lost out on getting some work done. Seriously - it better come home today or I'm gonna email her. That lady makes me crazy.
I really hope the job works out! ugh on no info from the teacher, though.

Quote:

OHOH, take me, take me! we can get him from both sides and then we can go have fun with Jackie!
Old 03-25-2013, 06:24 PM   #265

I'm waiting!!

I didn't do great with eating today. I didn't do bad by any means but I used more of my extra points than I wanted. Just means I have to be extra clean the next few days. I think I'm losing though because I weighed Stella today and the number was lower than I thought for during the day my poor peanut though has barely gained anything in the last month
Old 03-25-2013, 06:32 PM   #266
princess peskironi WIT

Quote:

So, C still believes??

I assume so. She still believes in Santa and I'm assuming that operates on the same time frame. I can't ask though
Old 03-25-2013, 06:33 PM   #267
princess peskironi WIT

Quote:
meet me at the hockey game. I'll help.
Old 03-25-2013, 07:38 PM   #268
Random WIT

I've done good today too, but that might be because I'm forced to medically right now. lets see...my menu today so far:

*whey protein shake
*coffee/cream
*lc energy drink (break at work)
*lemon water
*chicken broth
*green juice
*lemon water
*hot lemon water

sounds exciting huh? LOL! bet you wish you all could eat like me HA

with that said, I am going to try to eat soft foods tomorrow for a day or so and if no change in pain then I can progress to regular food.

and I have to say I love technology. I love that I can email a question to a doctor and them reply when they can and we don't have to play phone tag.
Old 03-26-2013, 05:36 AM   #269
The Potty Mouth WIT

Peskie ~ She's an old age to believe. Enjoy it while you can!!

Jackie ~ Oops...I fell asleep. I'll get him next time. LOL

Stews ~ Wow...thats uh...a liquidy diet. LOL I hope after all this you lose a ton! LOL

So guess what...the teacher still didn't send anything home about the project. I guess she was out. But jeez!!! 5 days missed!

Getting Sara on the bus...BRB!
Old 03-26-2013, 05:48 AM   #270

Morning. Kyle was up an hour earlier than normal and of course it was the morning that Stella was dead asleep!
I tried a dream sleep with Stella last night ( fed her a bottle when I went to sleep) but it only gave me an extra 1/2 hour into the night and then she was still up every 2-3 hours. You'd think with all ths eating shed b e fat!!

Anyways.. Taking Kyle to daycare and then running. I've got some groceries to get today and the rest of kyles Easter stuff. I'm hoping for a nap at some point