Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2013, 09:17 AM   #181
princess peskironi WIT

Gallery: Peskie
Stats: eek!
WOE: whatever it takes to be a good, energetic mommy!!
Start Date: 11/12/03 goal 7/11/05, crash, burn, restart again!

I'm sorry Amy. That's definitely tough.

and yes, been there. some people are meant for only a season, sad to say.
Peskie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2013, 09:33 AM   #182
Random WIT

Gallery: stews
Stats: 240/181/135
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 4/5/14 @223.8 lbs.
I'm sorry, Amy. I haven't had a situation quite like that but more of friends that quietly go our directions and lose contact.

soooo, I have lost nearly 4 pounds this week. huh? cracks me up. in the 3 weeks between my massage appointments I had only lost 1 pound (I remember because my massage therapist asked me, lol). now in ONE week, nearly 4 pounds. hopefully will still be gone in the morning. we are eating out to dinner tonight with dh's parents. not sure where but I am going to make myself splurge on something good. I know that sounds funny but my cals have been TOO low all week. even when I've eaten out a couple times I didn't get my cals up. I need to even if it means being up on the scale a little tomorrow.

dd24 and her boyfriend leave to go back across the state today. I haven't spent a lot of time because she's been busy with a lot of people to see in just 3 days. BUT the time we've had has been nice.
stews is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:38 AM   #183
The Potty Mouth WIT

Gallery: SmileyAmy
Stats: 267/218.5/Healthy!
WOE: Watching calories!
Peskie ~ Yeah...I know. Some friends are only here for a short time. I guess I feel like I don't have as many close friends as I thought I did. Been making me sad lately.

Stews ~ Oooooo... I love a good splurge. LOL I'm gonna try to eat well and not weigh until Tuesday morning. TOPS day... But it appears I lost the weight I gained last weekend. So I'm happy about that. Hoping if I'm good for the next couple days, I'll be lower than 226. Glad you had a good visit. I remember when mom used to come to visit that I never felt like I had enough time with her. So I can get that.

Have a little headache... I think my ponytail is too tight.

Caylee Marie...you have a place in my heart forever.
SmileyAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:59 AM   #184
Random WIT

I knew it would be like that. 3 days is not long enough when you have a lot of people to see. a few more days would have been perfect but that's not possible so I'll take what I can get. I'm staying home from church today to squeeze in the last few minutes while they are getting ready to leave.

so last night I didn't go to bed until about 1:30. I was about ready to and was just kind of playing on the computer and watching tv (sort of) and I realized saturday night live was on. it had all the old regulars like Dan akroid, steve martin, chevy chase, etc. It was kind of fun to see all of them on there. wish I'd recorded it for dh. we never watch SNL any more but that was the perfect one to catch.

yeah, I like a good splurge too. its just I am really on a roll so don't want to mess that up but I DO know I need a higher cal day. supposed to do higher cal day at least once a week if not 2 because I am too low most work days but just hasn't happened this week. I will make myself choose something for dinner. will still try to watch portions and not over eat but will not let myself just choose a low cal choice off the menu.

I sure hope I find some good hiking boots to fit at Cabellas. my feet are hard to fit because they are wider just where shoes start to narrow. DH really loves hiking and I'd like to be able to enjoy it again but need some good shoes for it. grant it, it will be hard at first anyway, because of not being in the best shape but I'm working on that part. and even if its hard, I can still manage to do it. we are going hiking around a bunch of waterfalls in a couple weeks. staying in a cabin for a couple days. I want to be able to do it with good shoes. right now I'd have to wear my tennis shoes because my old hiking boots hurt my feet now. boooo! I'll do tennis shoes if I have to but they really aren't as supportive as I should use for hiking.
Old 03-17-2013, 10:00 AM   #185
Random WIT

ah, look at my cute little great niece dressed up at Disney for her birthday weekend! (this is the family that moved to Florida last summer.
Old 03-17-2013, 11:54 AM   #186
The Potty Mouth WIT

Ohhh...that weekend away sounds really nice. Thats my idea of a good weekend vacation...a cabin, in the woods, with a fireplace. Minus the hiking. I don't like nature. HA! Awwww...your niece is adorable. Cutest little Ariel I ever did see.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:00 PM   #187
The Potty Mouth WIT

Well ladies...going to bed. Up and at'em for school tomorrow. Gosh I hate Mondays even if I'm not working. LOL

G'night all!
Old 03-17-2013, 08:57 PM   #188
Random WIT

It will be nice getting away from everything for a couple days.

I had such a nice weekend. hate to see it end. we ended up going to a HUGE Chinese buffet for an early dinner with dh's parents. I have NEVER seen a buffet so big. SO many choices. I think I did okay not going crazy but enjoying some things I don't normally eat. we'll see what the scales thinks of it tomorrow, lol.

after that dh and I went to Cabellas. I found a pair of hiking boots and I PRAY they are a good fit. I mean, they were okay in the store but after hiking for awhile...who knows? I was nervous because they were expensive boots and of course there is that risk that they don't feel right after wearing them for awhile. yikes! I can't believe I spent that much on a pair of hiking boots. they better last me forever or we better do a lot of hiking like we used to to get good use out of them, lol.

heading to bed here in a few minutes. *sigh* time for a new work week.
Old 03-18-2013, 05:01 AM   #189
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
Morning.
I need to read back but wanted to check in
We made it home last night at about midnight. I'm SO tired right now. Kyle is asleep but dh had to wake up at 6am and Stella has been up since. I'm ready for nap time already but of course there is a zillion things to do today

I did great yesterday with my plan and am glad to be home so I can do some planning and really lose this weight now. Ill probably weigh tomorrow to see where I'm at on my scale.

Ok, gonna go attempt to catch up
Current 12/7: 98.0
Goal: healtHy and fit
DisneyPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:11 AM   #190
The Potty Mouth WIT

Stews ~ Mmmmmm... Chinese food. Buffet or no buffet, I always eat WAY too much and then the sodium kills me! I hope the scale is good to you. Water water water! LOL And yay on finding boots. I hope they work out. When do you leave?

Jackie ~ Welcome home!!! Looks like and sounds like you had a great trip! So glad you had a good time. When will you hear about where Adam will be sent to next? Crossing all my stuff that the scale is good to you AND me tomorrow!

Did anyone notice, its just barely half way through the month and we already have the same number or pages that the last month or so did? Yay for us all checking in.

Hoping I hear from that job that emailed me late Friday! I looked on their website. Its all very confusing - but looks very interesting. Its a biomedical company. Looks like they do a lot of good for people. And it also looks like they value their employees.

I slept horrible last night. So tired. Ugg...

Ok, well, I'll check in, in a while. Have a good morning!
Old 03-18-2013, 05:48 AM   #191

Ugg. It's just a waiting game with dh now. Buffalo got put on the hot fill list, meaning its opened and they need someone there. We aren't sure why they haven't picked dh but he's thinking his CO is waiting to see if anyone senior than him asks for it first. We did look at some houses to rent in NY so he seems optimistic. It would just be perfect. If he gets chosen we'd be moving mid may

I'm praying you hear about the job.

I seriously feel like poop right now. Hungover almost. I'm sure it's from lack of sleep. I hope Kyle and Stella take the longest nap ever this afternoon.

We have NO food in the house so I have to try to get some groceries with both kids today. And I have to at least vacuum and clean the liter boxes. I just want to sleep!!
Old 03-18-2013, 06:50 AM   #192
Random WIT

good morning.

Amy, I can't remember which days. tue/wed or wed/thur in the first week of April. I hope the shoes work out too. i have NEVER spent that much on shoes before in my life!

I hope you hear back about the job, and yes, I was noticing last week that we are doing better about being active in here. yeah!

Jackie, welcome home! I hope you hear soon that you can go be near family. that would be so nice for you.

I'm having one of those days that I wish I were a sub so I could choose not to go in today, lol. feel like the beginnings of a cold coming on. hoping to nip it before it gets bad but we'll see, I guess.

my plans this afternoon: I have to stop at the store on the way home for a few things. then I'll come home and have a small lunch, workout (not sure if I will do cardio or weights yet, though). dh is going to bbq burgers for dinner tonight. I'll probably have salad and a little fruit with it, but not positive yet.

oh and I'm only up 1.2 from yesterday so not bad considering it was Chinese food and a buffet, at that. I didn't eat that much for the whole day, but its more WHAT I ate. I'm guessing if I have a good day today it will be back off by tomorrow, but that's just a guess, of course. and yes, water water water. but I almost always drink a lot of water. I keep lemon water in my fridge all the time. I didn't drink my normal amount yesterday because of not being home though.

Last edited by stews; 03-18-2013 at 06:53 AM..
Old 03-18-2013, 09:51 AM   #193
The Potty Mouth WIT

Jackie ~ Sorry you are feeling icky. Get to the story, lady! LOL When do you start work again?

Stews ~ Hahaha...you said sub and the first thing that pops into my head is this:

Can you guess that I'm hungry? LOL Yeah, I assume that the 1.2lbs is from the salt in the Chinese food. Water water water!

So....

Got a call about the first job I posted about last week. However, after I googled the location, I don't know WHAT my agency was thinking, but its too far. BUT I'm going to go on the interview anyway. Can't hurt. And I haven't had an interview in months. So I think Wednesday I'm going there.

Also, got a call about the one I mentioned contacted me on Friday. The lady was very nice and said she is "intrigued" by my background. I assume that is a good thing. We chatted about 30 minutes. I sent off a thank you email and I hope that I will at least get an interview!

Cross ya stuff for me! LOL
Old 03-18-2013, 11:44 AM   #194
Blabbermouth!!!

Location: Depends...under the blistering sun w/humidity or in a snowdrift...depends on the season
Gallery: Kim in MN
Stats: 294/---/170
Start Date: 9/17/2014....again.....
Hello! Happy snowy Monday from my neck of the woods. We got about 5" overnight/this morning. I'm sooooo done with snow.

Yesterday was fun, but a smaller group than normal. DS23 (Andy), DIL23 (Melissa) and DGD (Hailey) were all sick and not able to come. The lefse was wonderful -- it was even still warm. I had 4 pieces and the scale reflects it this morning. I'm 100% back on plan this morning. In fact, I'm still feeling full from yesterday so it's going to be a light eating day today. I'm doing a protein day today and lots of water with lime.

Amy -- It's encouraging that you're getting some response to job inquiries! I hope something works out for you very soon!
Jackie -- I hope there's a nap for you this afternoon too. Praying that your DH's next job assignment brings you and your family closer together.
Stews -- good boots make the difference so I hope they work out well for you. I have a pair that I got at Cabellas probably 11 years ago that I wore when I went to Boy Scout camp with Andy and his troop. They are still in great shape -- now just to get myself out hiking again!

I found a new seasoning at Sam's Club yesterday - Bold & Smokey Chipotle. I've got both pork loin chops and boneless skinless chicken breast 'marinating' now and will throw them on the grill later. I like to have cooked chicken on hand for quick salads or snacks for the week.
Kim in MN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:52 AM   #195

Sigh...
Spoke to dh and doesn't look good for being anywhere near NY. I guess all I can hope for now is to stay here where the weather is nice and I have a good job.

Went shopping and am set for a few days. Played outside with Kyle and did some cleaning. Now it's nap time.

Amy- luck luck luck!

I get the kids back mid April but I'm officially opened so I can take drop ins or another kid anytime
Old 03-18-2013, 12:12 PM   #196
Blabbermouth!!!

Location: Depends...under the blistering sun w/humidity or in a snowdrift...depends on the season
Sorry Jackie -- will switch all good thoughts to staying where you are. I know you were hoping for NY -- but with a good job already in place, NC isn't a bad option.
Old 03-18-2013, 12:26 PM   #197
The Potty Mouth WIT

Kim ~ We are due for a storm starting tonight. I love snow - have it tattood on my foot, but I'm over this winter and can't wait for warmer (NOT HOT) days. Glad you enjoyed your time yesterday!

Jackie ~ No matter where you end up, you'll make it work. You're a good momma and while you would love to be near the rest of your family - you'll do what you have to and make a wonderful life for your little family.

So, interview Thursday - but its too far I think. I'm going to go though. And just a waiting game on the phone call I had today.

Eating should be a-ok today. Had lunch. Dinner is already accounted for and I still have almost 500 calories left for the day. I probably will have a snack or something. We'll see.

Ugg...have I mentioned that I HATE Monday homework? Sara struggles with answering/restating and giving details on her weekly question.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:30 PM   #198
The Potty Mouth WIT

I HAVE AN INTERVIEW TOMORROW!!!! With the company I spoke to today!!!!!! At noon. It's supposed to snow, but I'll make it there!
Old 03-18-2013, 03:00 PM   #199
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amazinggrace911
Stats: 190/190/150 -- 5'8"
WOE: Whatever It Takes!!!!!
Start Date: 7/30/2014
Good luck, Amy!!!

We had the snow and ice here during the night. I'm so glad that I live close to where I work. Don't miss traveling half an hour to work!

176.0 today. And TOM started today, so I'm thrilled with the loss!

Having steak at work tonight. I made baked potatoes in the crockpot. Two crockpots actually!!

Not hungry right now. Didn't make dinner. Let everyone fend for themselves. Sounds good to me!! Might make some soup later.
amazinggrace911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:13 PM   #200
Random WIT

oh Amy, good luck on the interview! LOL @ the sub.

so, work was so not good today. I hate being mean and they pushed me to be mean early on on Monday morning not cool! tomorrow better start better or they will find out I'll be mean even sooner .

after work I stopped at the store for a few things. some options for my post work out meals (the carb part) and some fruit/veggies mostly. then got home and dh bbq'd burgers for us. I had 1 burger (and yes, i ate the bun) and a bowl of strawberries and grapes.

oh and I ordered another basket from that bountiful basket co cop I did a couple weeks ago.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:46 PM   #201
princess peskironi WIT

Gallery: Peskie
Stats: eek!
WOE: whatever it takes to be a good, energetic mommy!!
Start Date: 11/12/03 goal 7/11/05, crash, burn, restart again!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmileyAmy View Post
I HAVE AN INTERVIEW TOMORROW!!!! With the company I spoke to today!!!!!! At noon. It's supposed to snow, but I'll make it there!
Peskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 04:36 PM   #202
Blabbermouth!!!

That's great news Amy! Best of luck for you tomorrow!!!
Old 03-18-2013, 05:28 PM   #203
Random WIT

got my workout done. eating post workout meal now. protein shake and a bowl of lucky charms (no milk). really I just wanted the little crunchy marshmallow things, LOL.

I can't believe I'm already almost done with week 4 of this work out. its almost time to figure out what I'm going to do for my next routine. I don't have any more quite as short as this one and the last one so going to have to push myself to do a little longer one next time, i guess *sigh*. I really like having short weight workouts. get in and get done
Old 03-19-2013, 05:48 AM   #204

Good morning. Uggg. I'm trying not to let the scale dictate my mood but I'm disappointed. I weighed and its a pound and a half higher than when I weighed in NY. That's a lot to me. I just have to keep pushing on and hope its lower for mY official weigh in on Friday. If it isn't it still means I lost 3 pounds in 3 weeks, which is exactly what WW is designed to do. I want to lose this weight but I want to do it the healthy way too.

Anyways... Kyle has daycare today and I have a doctors appointment and then am going for a run. Time to getback into shape

Good luck today Amy!!
Old 03-19-2013, 06:37 AM   #205
Random WIT

DP, you have to remember the 2 scales may not be exactly the same. I know its disappointing when you want to see a number, though. you did great while on vacation. I'm there with you. I was SURE the little bit I had gained the other day would be off today but ... nope. and I was really good yesterday. I'm just going to keep on going and keep reminding myself its the behaviors that are the most important. plus in the 3 weeks previous that I only lost 1 pound I SHRUNK, so I have to keep reminding myself the scale is only 1 tool to use. I'm going to have times it doesn't show what is really happening in my body. Hang in there, it will come off and you are making good reasonable eating choices that can make good habits for a life time.

still fill like I'm fighting a cold but its not terrible yet. hoping it doesn't get bad. I'm going to try really hard to make really good food choices this week with lots of veggies/fruit and get enough sleep all week. also going to try to get my exercise in even if I'm not feeling great. I mean, its okay if I take a day off but I don't want it to be DAYS unless I really don't have a choice.

tonight we are going to my Dad's and L's for dinner. I look forward to the time with them.
Old 03-19-2013, 06:40 AM   #206
Blabbermouth!!!

Amy, good luck to you today!!

Jackie -- You just spent many hours in the car travelling back home right? Your scale fluctuation could be due to that -- or just difference in scales. You've got a great attitude -- just keep pushing forward!

I'm annoyed with myself today. I e-mailed a copy of my cookbook app to myself last Thursday and now I can't find it. I've checked all three e-mail accounts I use and it's nowhere to be found. And I already re-formatted my old laptop to get ready to dispose of it. I'm sure I have a back-up version, but that means I'll need to find my copy of the install disk and who knows if it's compatible with Windows 8.

Trying a new recipe for dinner tonight -- Chicken Chile Relleno Casserole -- found it in the Recipe and Menu thread.

Today's food:
B: sausage patties
L: grilled boneless pork chop
D: Chicken Chile Relleno casserole

I've readjusted my plan to not exceed 1600 calories a day (using a not-to-be-named app).
Old 03-19-2013, 06:46 AM   #207
Random WIT

oh kim, I hope you find it. I lost my cookbook program I use on the computer when we upgraded. we supposedly backed it up but can't use it and I don't have all my recipes...booo!

you'll have to tell us how your dinner is. sounds good.

I sure hope my boys miraculously behave different today, ugh!
Old 03-19-2013, 10:17 AM   #208

I'm trying some new recipes too.

Got my run done
Old 03-19-2013, 02:24 PM   #209
Random WIT

work was much better today. a few issues but nothing bad all day, at least. started off really getting on one of them but he wasn't a problem the whole day, at least.

had lunch after work and am relaxing a bit then I need to go get some cardio in. I'd like to skip it but I shouldn't, lol. the only reason I say that I'd like to skip it is because we are going to my Dad's later for dinner so I'll have to get ready again after. I love when I can just shower and relax for the night after
Old 03-19-2013, 03:16 PM   #210
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amazinggrace911
Stats: 190/190/150 -- 5'8"
WOE: Whatever It Takes!!!!!
Start Date: 7/30/2014
Dinner went well at work last night. Our store manager came in and made steaks for us. I took two crockpots filled with baked potatoes. There were only two left by last break, and the other manager and I ate them. So glad I didn't have to throw any out. Steak was really good.

One more night at work!!! Yahoo!! Ready for my days off. We're having a singing retreat this weekend for my Sweet Adelines group. Just one night, but I can't wait!!

Have a good night!
amazinggrace911 is offline   Reply With Quote