Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2013, 07:28 AM   #151
The Potty Mouth WIT

Gallery: SmileyAmy
Stats: 267/218.5/Healthy!
WOE: Watching calories!

There are not ENOUGH smilies to express how excited I am! I'm going to see my favorite band AGAIN on May 1st! AND because I had birthday money, I bought a Meet & Greet too! I get to MEET them!!!!!!!!!!!
SmileyAmy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2013, 09:00 AM   #152
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
So exciting Amy!! Happy birthday to you!
DisneyPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:02 PM   #153
Blabbermouth!!!

Location: Depends...under the blistering sun w/humidity or in a snowdrift...depends on the season
Gallery: Kim in MN
Stats: 301.2/270.8/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 3/21/2014
Amy -- inquiring minds want to know - who is your favorite band?? DS23 is a HUGE music lover -- it seems he's going to concerts a couple of times a month. When available, and if not too expensive, he buys the Meet & Greet packages. LOVES it! What a great experience to look forward to! I love music -- anything from Elton John to Green Day. Green Day is probably my favorite -- I've seen them twice -- both times with DS, my sister & BIL.

Stews -- your guest room sounds lovely. My 'guest room' is mostly 'Hailey's room' now. I still have a daybed in there for when I have my nephew's over, etc. but I also have a Pack 'n Play w/changer, pastel-colored bin organizer for toys and a big rocker recliner. Actually, there's also a huge wall-unit entertainment center in the center of the room too. When I bought my new TV last month I bought a new console so I'm waiting for DIL23's sister to come take my old entertainment center.

Jackie -- I really sounds like WW is the tool you needed. Isn't it great when we find the tool that helps us and keeps us focused?

I'm excited for the weekend. I'm taking 1/2 day tomorrow and Monday off. Tomorrow I pick up my new laptop and my iPad. I sold my Toshiba tablet on craigslist this past Monday -- got $70 less than I paid for it 14 months ago -- pretty good I'd say! We get a bonus payout tomorrow so after I finished paying off my new kitchen appliances and living room furniture (bought furniture from my sister) and funding the rest of my emergency fund I have enough to buy a new laptop and iPad. I'm just buying a basic laptop -- I need to be using my work-issued laptop less for personal use.

On Saturday I think my uncle and I are going to Costco -- we are going to split a membership. I already have a Sams Club membership that I split with DIL's mom -- so between the 2 memberships, I'm just paying for what it would cost me alone for 1. There are thinks I like at Costco and am tired of asking my sister to pick up for me.

Sunday -- it's early Easter at my mom's house along with my middle nephews' birthday celebration. He's going to be 11 at the end of March. I always give cash gifts, but have fun disguising them. For Koll, I am going to get $25 in rolled coins and them freeze them loose in layers in a gallon jug. For Christmas, I hid 14 year-olds cash in a roll of toilet paper -- unrolled the whole thing and re-rolled it with 30 $1 in it. It was awesome!

On Sunday my BIL is making lefse -- fresh, warm potato "tortilla-like" goodness. He makes it every Christmas, but this past Christmas they moved into their new home on Dec 28th and with the move, he didn't make it. So we are having it Sunday. It's not lowcarb at all, but it's a once a year indulgence, and I can't wait --- butter, cinnamon & sugar and rolled up. YUM!!! The rest of the meal will be lowcarb -- grilled chicken, steak, Tequillaberry Salad and baked potatoes for the rest of the gang. I can easily turn down birthday cake -- I'd rather have an extra piece of lefse.

Today's meals:
B: sausage patties
L: chip-less grilled chicken tortilla salad (lettuce, grilled chicken, cheese, salsa ranch dressing)
D: grilled salmon & steamed broccoli

I've been slacking on wearing my Fitbit -- I keep forgetting to put it on in the morning.

Has anyone tried Zevia soda? I picked up a 6-pack of Cream Soda at Target a couple weeks ago when they had it on sale -- it's pricey but I wanted to give it a try. It's pretty good -- maybe even a little to "vanilla-y".
Kim in MN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:14 PM   #154
The Potty Mouth WIT

Kim ~ Shinedown is my absolute OBSESSION! Love them so much. As artists AND people. They are amazing!!

Sounds like you have a busy and exciting weekend! Wowza!!!

What is lefse???

I don't drink much soda. Unless its mixed with Spiced Rum! LOL

I just ordered a few Da Vinci's syrups. Pumpkin Pie, Gingerbread and Kahlua! Can't wait to try them.

Eating has been spot on since Monday and I'm already down on the, almost 4lbs, that I gained. I have about another 1.5 to go and I'll be back to 226. Hopefully a couple more days!

Caylee Marie...you have a place in my heart forever.
Old 03-14-2013, 03:20 PM   #155
Random WIT

Gallery: stews
Stats: 240/187.4/135
Start Date: restarted 4/5/14 @223.8 lbs.
I love lefse! well, I like it and love the memories it brings from holidays with my step mom before she passed away.

and thank you. there is other things i'd like to do in there and I will over time. and also want to get a 2nd guest room set up downstairs but it needs cleaned out of lots of "stuff" first. it is much smaller, but has the advantage of being more private being the only bedroom downstairs so whoever uses that one, once everyone is in bed, has the whole downstairs to themselves.

now, I'm sitting here waiting waiting waiting...she needs to get here already! should be any time, really. I know she has an appointment in about an hour. unless she gets here just in time to go there and I won't see her till after. waaaah, she needs to hurry!
stews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:58 PM   #156
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amazinggrace911
Stats: 190/190/150 -- 5'8"
WOE: Whatever It Takes!!!!!
Start Date: 7/30/2014
Amy, I doubt if it low cal, but it is low carb. You could use skim milk in it to make it lower calorie. I'm sure there are recipes on the net.

So tired right now. And dd wants me to help her fill out an application to work at the camp where we used to work at. I just want to go to sleep.

Nighty night!
amazinggrace911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 04:24 AM   #157
The Potty Mouth WIT

So lefse is like a pita bread?? Whats the story behind it?

Stews ~ Did your DD get there? Hows it going so far?

Lenise ~ Hope you weren't up too late!

Sara has a half day today and then I have to run an errand for mom, so I'll be gone for a bit this afternoon. Sara has dance class tonight. I may be lazy and lay down for a little while after Sara gets on the bus. I'm tired. Although I suspect its from lack of doing things all day. I'm getting bored.

I really want to try to get through the weekend 100% on plan. I am going to my friends house tomorrow to make Easter Eggs with the kids. They always have good food - pizza, burgers, etc. I think the plan is going to be to eat light all day and then go with the flow. I dunno. Or maybe just ask her what the plan is. I could bring my own veggie burger. Just, after last weekend, I want to eat well this weekend. Still 1lb above my low last week.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:38 AM   #158
Blabbermouth!!!

Location: Depends...under the blistering sun w/humidity or in a snowdrift...depends on the season
Gallery: Kim in MN
Stats: 301.2/270.8/175
Start Date: 3/21/2014
Amy - I would call lefse a Norwegian tortilla. Lefse is a traditional soft, Norwegian flatbread. Lefse is made out of potato, milk or cream (or sometimes lard) and flour, and cooked on a griddle. Special tools are available for lefse baking, including long wooden turning sticks and special rolling pins with deep grooves. My grandpa's recipe is potato, tiny bit of flour, and fat-free Half & Half. I grew up eating my grandpa's lefse -- a store-bought piece has never passed my lips. My grandpa would put anything in it -- butter, sugar & cinnamon; peanut butter; or sometimes a piece of turkey and cheese. It's a once a year treat - -and since Grandpa passed away my BIL has taken over the lefse tradition. I posted a picture of what lefse looks like for you.

Grandpa passed me his chocolate chip cookie recipe before he died -- along with his mixing bowl It's an awesome recipe he came up with -- many a morning my kids walked to the bus stop eating cookies for breakfast -- they were healthier than any kids-type cereal or granola bar. They are made with all whole-wheat flour, tons of oatmeal, eggs, corn oil and choc chips.

I've got a few meetings this morning and am leaving around 11am. I'll check in again later today/tonight.

Have a great day!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lefse.jpg (69.2 KB, 2 views)
Kim in MN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:47 AM   #159

Morning.

Weigh in day and I'm the same as last week. I can't be too disappointed since I ate out a lot, drank quite a bit, and haven't been weighing or measuring. I'm hoping for a great week since we leave Sunday. It'll be much easier to stick to plan at home.

Headed out to breakfast now so ill catch up later
Old 03-15-2013, 08:22 AM   #160
The Potty Mouth WIT

Kim ~ Your grandpa sounds like a great man. So nice that he had those recipes to pass down. Those recipes are making my tummy growl! LOL

Jackie ~ I think its great that you stayed the same - considering you are on vacation. Great work!!

Found out my friend is cooking out tomorrow. Burgers, dogs, chips... Ugg... I offered to bring a salad. And maybe I'll pack a few sweet diet treats in my purse.

I think having one hot dog or one burger, minus the bread and salad will be ok. Or I could split one with mom. I'll make it work. That is my goal for the weekend.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:21 AM   #161
Random WIT

our traditional way of having lefse is spread with butter and brown sugar and then rolled up. yummy! and yeah, we pretty much only had it at holidays. it is very labor intensive to make. my grandma used to make it but its just too much now so she found a place that makes it fresh and sends it to her at holiday time. she bought some for me last year and it was very good, not like grocery store lefse I've had a time or 2. some family members prefer it with white sugar instead of brown, but I like the brown.

so, I just went and looked at my progress for the last week at the tracker site that shall remain nameless that we all use at times . i have lost 3.2 pounds in the last 7 days! now, whether I finish the weekend that strong we'll see. I most likely will be eating out 2 or 3 more times but so far so good.

last night dd had dinner plans with friends of her bf so dh and I went out after he got home from work. I actually was shocked that I ate dinner at like 8:30 at night and lost 1.2 pounds. I did make good choices: 1/2 turkey sandwich on wheat bread (meh, but it was nourishment), dinner salad with raspberry vinaigrette, and a cup of soup (the soup was only like 30 calories). I just decided that since we were eating late and it was just dh and I that I would eat lighter and save my splurge for another meal if I really want something.

I also didn't have official exercise but yet I did. after dd left for awhile i put on a show and just moved through the whole thing. I didn't use equipment, i just moved. walked, did stairs a little (during one set of commercials then I fast forwarded through the rest of them, lol), I did quick steps and high steps, side steps, and some just walking around the room. I wouldn't want to do it all the time because it'd get boring to me, but it actually was a different way to get a little exercise in. I wouldn't probably do it on a day I really want high intensity because the readouts on the cardio equipment push me (faster, higher incline, timewise, etc. it helps to have those numbers flashing in front of me). I Can get a high intensity work out without it, but its easier to push with it. ANYWAY, yesterday I didn't care if it was high intensity or not, I just wanted something. some of it was high but not all of it. anyway, it did get my heart pumping some and made me sweat so was better than sitting on the couch
Old 03-15-2013, 09:21 AM   #162
Random WIT

jackie, I think its great if you can come out of your vacation maintaining your weight or at least close to it. I think that is a great success!
Old 03-15-2013, 11:39 AM   #163
The Potty Mouth WIT

Wow... Good job Stews! On "that site", do you have to manually add each time you logged a loss? I wish there was a way to have them add it up for you. Used to be easy when I weighed once a week. Now I weigh 2-3 times so I'm not seeing that "big" number.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:52 AM   #164
Random WIT

if you go back to the home page it should give you a total loss on that page.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:56 AM   #165
The Potty Mouth WIT

Yeah... I was looking for a tally for the week.

Ok...my fingers are stained red. I did something with red food coloring and the bottle leaked. Ugg...
Old 03-15-2013, 12:06 PM   #166
Random WIT

I go to the reports page and choose progress and then choose last 7 days. the chart shows the beginning and the end. its not too bad for a week since its easy to add up 1 or 2 pounds.
Old 03-15-2013, 01:49 PM   #167
The Potty Mouth WIT

Gotcha...

Dear God... I got a reply on an application I applied to yesterday! It seems perfect. Very similar to the job I had for 4 years - the one that ended last year. The HR lady would like to talk to me.

The location is perfect!! Please let the pay be good and please let them want to do a formal interview!
Old 03-15-2013, 02:23 PM   #168
Random WIT

Praying!
Old 03-15-2013, 04:42 PM   #169
princess peskironi WIT

Gallery: Peskie
Stats: eek!
WOE: whatever it takes to be a good, energetic mommy!!
Start Date: 11/12/03 goal 7/11/05, crash, burn, restart again!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmileyAmy View Post
Gotcha...

Dear God... I got a reply on an application I applied to yesterday! It seems perfect. Very similar to the job I had for 4 years - the one that ended last year. The HR lady would like to talk to me.

The location is perfect!! Please let the pay be good and please let them want to do a formal interview!
Peskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:40 PM   #170
Random WIT

looks like dd24 and her boyfriend want to go to red lobster tonight. dh can't go because he has to leave for work soon and her boyfriend won't be back in town from being at his parents until 7 or so. dd22 might come too.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:24 PM   #171
The Potty Mouth WIT

Mmmmmm... Red Lobster! I wanna go. LOL Those biscuits. *drool*

Home from a busy evening, dance, errands, frozen yogurt...and then Sara gets a splinter. Ugg... Not easy to handle on your own. Mom is out. So she finally let me - after I promised her an ice coffee from Dunkin Donuts tomorrow. Don't worry. I get decaf with EXTRA cream. So its more like coffee milk. She had just asked me today, when she could have it again. I told her next time she gets a shot. Sometimes I let her after she gets shots - because there is a DD next door to her doctors office and its a "treat". So while she was screaming, I told her that she could have one tomorrow if she let me at her finger.

Anyway. Long night. Sara just got into bed so I'm gonna go relax. Hope you all had/have a good night.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:40 PM   #172
Random WIT

ah, splinters suck! glad you got it out!

I am looking forward to dinner. not sure what I'm having yet. and dd22 is going to come after she gets off of work too. too bad dh can't go but it will be nice to have the girls and dd24's boyfriend there. I SO enjoy listening to their conversations and laughter together. it makes my day,
Old 03-15-2013, 07:21 PM   #173

Praying Amy!!

According to the scale here I've lost 3 pounds while in NY. Now we will see what my scale says when I get home. I'm hoping its close.

Ill tell you though I'm ready to be home and eating normally and I'm ready to start running. I will miss family though. I had such a great evening at my moms it is going to be really hard to say goodbye tomorrow
Old 03-15-2013, 07:51 PM   #174
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amazinggrace911
Stats: 190/190/150 -- 5'8"
WOE: Whatever It Takes!!!!!
Start Date: 7/30/2014
Praying for for you Amy!! I need to get another job. I know what I want to do, but the person who is in charge there will not hire me back. He didn't like the fact that I knew his job better than he did. And he wasn't interested in learning either. But really need something else to do and make more money. I've been considering starting the cleaning business again, but I'm not sure.

DD and I just finished her application. We hope to take it out tomorrow.

Have a good night!!
amazinggrace911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:59 PM   #175
Random WIT

hello. DP, sounds like you have done great on your plan while there. I'm proud of you!

I had a nice dinner with the girls and dd's boyfriend. dd22 had a headache and wasn't feeling well, I gave her some advil and you sure could tell when it took affect. she suddenly perked up and talked NON stop. it was hilarious! I just got back from running her out to her house. her car needs transmission fluid and she doesn't know what or where exactly to put it in. hopefully dh has what he needs and can do it in the morning when he gets home then I can go pick her up and she can just get herself to work and home without needing a ride.

then, dd24 needs to go about 30 or 40 min. away to meet up with her boyfriend to meet some other people to go shooting. not sure if I'm going to take her or just let her take my car. we'll see, I guess. no other real plans tomorrow. dh will be sleeping all day.

oh and I did great with my eating tonight. I had one biscuit, dinner salad w/blueberry vinaigrette, 1/2 order wood grilled trout with broccoli and mixed veggies.
Old 03-16-2013, 05:47 AM   #176

Morning. I'm exhausted! Stella has been getting up at about 4am and stays awake on and off. She snoozes but is very restless until I get her up at about 8am. I think ill try a bottle tonight and see if she sleeps a little better.

Last day in NY I'm so sad. Please pray that dh gets orders here. Seeing the kids and being with family is so good for all of us

The next 2 days will be a challenge with food but I'm ready. I'm ready to be in my summer clothes !
Old 03-16-2013, 07:49 AM   #177
princess peskironi WIT

I'd like the lobster mashed potatoes please
Old 03-17-2013, 08:10 AM   #178
princess peskironi WIT

wow?! nobody has been here since me?!
Old 03-17-2013, 08:22 AM   #179
The Potty Mouth WIT

Peskie.... You killed it. LOL
Old 03-17-2013, 08:30 AM   #180
The Potty Mouth WIT

Had a pretty good day yesterday - eating was good. Had a burger and a hot dog minus the bun but that was kinda my lunch and dinner together. So calories were fine.

Do you ever feel like you just don't have as much in common with someone as you used to? I have a good friend - actually met her on here - and while we were just occasional friends for many years, when her and her husband decided to split, we got very close. She has a son who is a little older than Sara. We spent lots of weekends together. Made a lot of plans. It was odd for a month to go by and we hadn't seen each other at least once or twice. She was my concert buddy. Well, she is not engaged to a man who is quite a bit older than her (thats fine) and they work together and kinda had an emotional affair. As soon as him and his wife split, even though he had to live at their house still until everything was final, they were together. However...it was still a big secret at work and with his family. Anyway...everything was final and he bought a house and her and her son moved in. He is a great guy. Really sweet. He, I feel, knows the finer things in life. Good wine. Good restaurants. Isn't rich, but has money. My friend did not grow up or live like that - and I think its changing her. She is so focused on the finer things. And how they have a handy man to fix every little thing in their house. She acts spoiled. She's demanding. She walks all over him. Its sickening to see. I had an issue with her at my birthday dinner out last week - she was whiny and rude and got upset and basically demanded she sit in a certain space at the table, so I didn't get to sit near my BF or my dad who made a special trip out. Then last night she argued with me over my BF not going yesterday (honestly he is OVER her). Then we got into an argument about Linked In of all things. So I called her out on last weekend.

I dunno...its just not fun anymore. I dread being around her because her actions and demands make me sick. So I'm feeling kinda down about that. Even my mom agrees and was so ready to get out of there last night because it was awkward and silent.

Sorry for the book...just its bothering me this morning.