Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2013, 07:34 AM   #121
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
image.jpg

Happy happy birthday Amy!! Hope you have a marvelous day!!

Yay stews!
DisneyPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2013, 10:00 AM   #122
The Potty Mouth WIT

Gallery: SmileyAmy
Stats: 267/218.5/Healthy!
WOE: Watching calories!
Thanks everyone!! I woke up with a headache so after Sara got on the bus, I laid back down. Still have it, but its manageable.

I had a great time on Saturday night with friends and family. I know some of you saw my karaoke video. LOL I left it up on FB. Figured I didn't horrible.

Weighed this morning...scale says I gained 3lbs. I KNOW I didn't gain that much. I'm guessing from alcohol and my baked stuffed lobster tail, popcorn etc...that its a lot of water weight. I have my TOPS meeting tomorrow. Hoping if I eat really well and drink a ton of water that most or all will come off.

Was going to order pizza tonight. But I think I'll get myself a yummy salad. Mom is bringing home cupcakes, but that is it. Sara is looking forward to it.

Caylee Marie...you have a place in my heart forever.
SmileyAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 02:46 PM   #123
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amazinggrace911
Stats: 190/190/150 -- 5'8"
WOE: Whatever It Takes!!!!!
Start Date: 7/30/2014
Happy birthday Amy!!!

Feeling really tired right now. Only slept for about 4 hours today. Might have to take a nap before I go in to work tonight.

176.8 today. Ate a lot of salty stuff last night at work so I was up from yesterday. Still a loss from last week though.

Kim, I have a friend that lives in the St. Paul area, and their basement was flooded last week. Think they were able to get it all cleaned up, but they have two bedrooms and a family room in the basement. Probably was NOT fun.

Going to go eat dinner!
Old 03-11-2013, 04:22 PM   #124
Random WIT

Gallery: stews
Stats: 240/193.2/135
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 4/5/14 @223.8 lbs.
I saw the video amy! AWESOMENESS!
stews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:06 PM   #125
The Potty Mouth WIT

Oh dear lord... Know how I was going to eat well today? I did good. Up until dinner. Mom bought me a fisherman's platter from this place near our home that is only open from spring thru summer. This is the first full week open. I'm so full. And so fat. Tomorrows weigh in is NOT going to be good.
Old 03-11-2013, 05:26 PM   #126
Random WIT

don't stress. was it good, at least? move forward from here and make the next week be back on.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:29 AM   #127
The Potty Mouth WIT

Yeah...it was really good. LOL

Its fine. Back on today for real. No more birthday festivities. LOL

I'm super tired this morning. Trying to make the rounds online for jobs. I'm getting really down about it all.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:48 AM   #128
Random WIT

good girl! and at least it was good. hate when I splurge and it isn't even that good, lol.

I was hoping to lose a little more but nope. at least I didn't gain. I did 3 miles on the treadmill yesterday with most of it being incline. it was HARD! today may be a rest day but I'll decide this afternoon when I see how my back feels.

also trying to be good until thur. at least and then reasonable then. dd24 comes home thur. for a visit. I know we'll be eating out and I would like to not have to worry too much about what I eat.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:03 AM   #129
Random WIT

almost time to leave for work. I don't wanna! the last 2 weeks were actually really good but things changed yesterday, lol. this week could be a challenge. oh well, at least its short week. thursday is a late start day so I only will have them in class 2 hours total and no school on Friday. yeah! and dd24 will be here! can you tell I'm excited?

okay, gotta run. have a good day
Old 03-12-2013, 08:57 AM   #130
Blabbermouth!!!

Location: Depends...under the blistering sun w/humidity or in a snowdrift...depends on the season
Gallery: Kim in MN
Stats: 301.2/270.8/175
Start Date: 3/21/2014
I'm off today -- Best Buy called at 8:15am to confirm my 1pm appt. BUT -- it turned out to be a good thing because I got up and went to the gym! Yay me. I did 30 minutes on the treadmill and an upper body workout with weights.

DS23 is super sick with a cold and fever so I may be called to pick up my granddaughter from daycare.....oh darn! DIL23 has to work until 6pm today and tomorrow so I'm already 'on the schedule' to pick-up Hailey from daycare tomorrow for a couple of hours. I only live a couple miles from their daycare and get to pick up Hailey usually 1x a week. I love it -- gives me some extra bonding time.

Nothing much else on-tap for today. I'm in the market for a new laptop so I'm doing some research for that. My Dell died and my desktop system is 7 years old and barely limping along. I need to use my work laptop less at home. I have an iPad and use that a lot, but need to have a home laptop to keep my iTunes on and for photo editing, etc.
Kim in MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:41 PM   #131
Random WIT

hi everyone.

I've had a good day so far too. came home and made our big meal for a late lunch (early dinner?) anyway, we had breakfast food (my meals really are messed up today, huh? LOL). had homemade hashbrowns w/onion, bacon and eggs.

I also got a weight workout in and am having my post workout meal now.

tomorrow I plan on having a big salad for lunch after work then I'm meeting my dad's wife for pedicures. dd24 had sent me money for my birthday and told me to get one (or whatever I wanted). I choose pedi . she is coming home thur. for a few days so It will be nice to show her that I used her money to treat myself. I'm also trying to be really good with my eating and exercise until thur. after that, I won't go hog wild, but I am going to enjoy my daughter and time with her following her schedule as much as possible and didn't want to stress over the other stuff.

oh and when I went to the bookstore shopping for the boys yesterday I bought myself a coloring book . dh is teasing me a little when he saw me get it out and complaining that I should have bought a nice new box of crayons. I didn't because I was ready to come home and I knew we had some...but there is nothing like a brand new box, LOL!
Old 03-12-2013, 05:47 PM   #132
Senior LCF Member

Good evening!! Today is my Grandma's 88th birthday! I bought an angel food cake (Grandma's favorite!) and my dd Katey decorated it. I posted a picture on facebook. Also made a pierogie casserole and salad. Had a nice relaxing evening.

So glad it is my Friday. I need a break from work! lol

Nighty night!
amazinggrace911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:57 PM   #133
Random WIT

enjoy your break, Lenise. so far this week at work is challenging. always feel like something is going to happen. its a short week though. 1 more full day, then a late start day then off friday.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:12 PM   #134
princess peskironi WIT

Gallery: Peskie
Stats: eek!
WOE: whatever it takes to be a good, energetic mommy!!
Start Date: 11/12/03 goal 7/11/05, crash, burn, restart again!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stews View Post
oh and when I went to the bookstore shopping for the boys yesterday I bought myself a coloring book . dh is teasing me a little when he saw me get it out and complaining that I should have bought a nice new box of crayons. I didn't because I was ready to come home and I knew we had some...but there is nothing like a brand new box, LOL!

I keep refraining from opening up the Char Bears new crayons. She's still using her big box of crayons, but she has a small box in a commemorative tin from Crayola that I'm dying to open and smell
Peskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:37 PM   #135
Random WIT

My box fell apart. Dh accused me of doing it on purpose to get new ones, lol. I actually went and found the other old boxes we had and just dumped all of them in one big box for now. I never have done well with those cardboard boxes they come in, lol
Old 03-12-2013, 08:39 PM   #136
Random WIT

Oh and in the must of me coloring I accidentally pushed some of dh's puzzle pieces off the table. I heard chewing. Hunter found them. Ooops. I'm such a kid.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:02 AM   #137
Random WIT

Quote:
My box fell apart. Dh accused me of doing it on purpose to get new ones, lol. I actually went and found the other old boxes we had and just dumped all of them in one big box for now. I never have done well with those cardboard boxes they come in, lol

as I was sitting at the table with the box falling apart he asks "what would you tell your child that ruined their box on purpose to get a new one?" I really didn't do it on purpose. I've ALWAYAS had issues with those silly boxes, but it was so funny!

now... who wants to come sharpen my big box full of old crayons to make them at least color like new?
Old 03-13-2013, 10:12 AM   #138

Hey everyone. Sorry I haven't been around. Yesterday evening we went to the hockey game. It was SO much fun!! We were sitting right behind the glass of the opposing team and I guess we were on tv all evening. I'm doing ok eating though have had a lot of wine the last week so I'm thinking this weeks weigh in wont be great. Hoping for at least a pound still since I'm am sticking to my points and tracking everything.
Old 03-13-2013, 11:54 AM   #139
Blabbermouth!!!

Location: Depends...under the blistering sun w/humidity or in a snowdrift...depends on the season
Gallery: Kim in MN
Stats: 301.2/270.8/175
Start Date: 3/21/2014
<Yawn> -- I am sooo sleepy today. I felt like I slept well, but have been yawning much of today and **think** my eye lids may have closed a time or two during my last meeting. No chance for a nap afterwork either. I'm picking up Hailey (9 mo. DGD) from daycare and will have her until 6:30pm or so. I can't wait!!

Food has become very routine -- I'm firmly in ketosis and not feeling a lot of cravings or hunger pangs.

Today's meals:
B: sausage patties
L: salad w/grilled chicken, veggies, parm cheese, almonds, Olive Garden dressing
D: bunless cheeseburger, sliced cucumbers
Kim in MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 01:12 PM   #140

Me hungry today! I had a huge lunch too. A lot of people are coming over tonight so we are ordering pizza. I have it planned in for the day
Old 03-13-2013, 03:07 PM   #141
Random WIT

no time to chat but will check in later. I went shopping after work. bought some nice new towels for the guest bathroom, a couple new pillows for the guest room and some assorted things to put in a basket in the bathroom for guests to have if they'd like: small bottles of shower gel, lotion, shampoo/conditioner, puffs for the shower, toothbrushes and toothpaste. I probably went overboard but this is going to be fun .

also got a couple specialty chocolate bars to put in the bedroom for them. I've wanted to do something like this for a long time and finely have a guest room to really do it right. I probably have most of what I need for the future and will just switch out the little basket things over time and add things I see without having to buy so much at once after this.

OH, and I got home to find a cop in my driveway. uh, okay? I was a little nervous! but he was actually just using our driveway to stake out the sidewalk as the kids walked home from school. apparently some have been throwing sticks and things. I went in the other room for a minute came back to him getting a kid off the ground and bringing him back across the street to the back of his car. the kid was calling him names the whole way! oh my! wish I'd seen the beginning of the incident.

wonder if he will be released to his parents or if he will be my student tomorrow at work in juvi.

okay, gotta run. pedi time!

I'm hungry but its because all I've had is a protein shake for breakfast and a small energy drink at work. and a banana a few minutes ago. no time to sit and eat. gotta get out of here again. chow!
Old 03-13-2013, 03:10 PM   #142
The Potty Mouth WIT

I've been MIA... Sorry! Came in this morning and got that overwhelmed "I'm behind" feeling. But I made myself come back. LOL

Tonight we made spaghetti squash. Never had it before. The texture kinda wigged me out a bit, but the flavor was really good. It was a recipe from the Biggest Loser. We didn't tell Sara it was squash and while she said it was only "so-so", she at it all.

Here it is:

Old 03-13-2013, 03:10 PM   #143
The Potty Mouth WIT

Only 300'ish calories for all that!
Old 03-13-2013, 03:19 PM   #144
princess peskironi WIT

Gallery: Peskie
Stats: eek!
WOE: whatever it takes to be a good, energetic mommy!!
Start Date: 11/12/03 goal 7/11/05, crash, burn, restart again!
Quote:
Oh and in the must of me coloring I accidentally pushed some of dh's puzzle pieces off the table. I heard chewing. Hunter found them. Ooops. I'm such a kid.
Peskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:08 PM   #145
Random WIT

I knew you'd like that one, peskie, LOL!

looks good, Amy. too bad I don't like spaghetti squash, lol. don't worry about feeling overwhelmed. in fact, its a good thing. it means we actually had some activity in here again. we NEED to keep that going .

I have been busy ALL day long! I did squeeze in my weight workout, though. I wanted to get my last one required for the week in today so I don't have to try and time them with meals and such when dd24 is visiting. I may do some cardio if it fits with her schedule off doing other things part of the time, but at least I can work it all around what she is doing.
Old 03-14-2013, 12:01 AM   #146
Senior LCF Member

I love spaghetti squash. Especially with alfredo sauce!! I usually bake it and then after stringing it, stir fry it a little. My family loves when I make it.

Today I made pasta sauce and meatballs. SO good!!! The house smelled so good all afternoon.
amazinggrace911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 04:57 AM   #147
The Potty Mouth WIT

Lenise ~ Is it a lower calorie alfredo? I'd love to find more recipes to use with spaghetti squash.

I have texture issues with food...so the texture was iffy, but not so bad that I wouldn't eat it again.

Stews ~ Good point. I'm glad I was overwhelmed.

Well, I decided to get up, shower and get dressed in something other than a hoodie. LOL I my first Excel class tonight, so I figured I'd put a little effort in. Ha!
Old 03-14-2013, 05:48 AM   #148

Morning.
Did well yesterday. Passed on pizza and had a little dessert instead. And I had leftover points for some popcorn

Weigh in tomorrow. I'm nervous. It was a hard week. There was a lot of wine and I used a lot of my flex points. I'm hoping for some loss.
Old 03-14-2013, 06:46 AM   #149
Random WIT

I think you've done awesome for the situation you are in, especially DP!

I was hoping to be a little lower this morning but no go. I didn't gain any either though. now to see how it goes the next few days with kasia in town. I know we will be eating out probably a few times, lol.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:09 AM   #150
Random WIT

oh goodness! I want to steal my own guest towels! HAHA! I came home yesterday, threw them in the wash and have run them through the dry cycle a few times to get as much lint off them as possible (you know how new towels can be). I just got them folded and put away in the bathroom. they seem so soft and fluffy!

all I have left to do is get the bed made in the guest room. I also found a small votive candle holder yesterday while I was out that matches the comforter we bought for in there pretty well, so I got that and then picked up 4 different votive scents for guests to choose from, in case they would like to have a scented room. instead of putting the candy bars on the pillows they are on the desk kind of crisscrossed on top of each other in front of the candle set up. I may end up putting them on the pillows but it looks kind of nice this way and safer in case the dogs get in the room some how.